PDA

View Full Version : New 4A Division I Mock Realignment from TOC

Matthew328
12-08-2013, 10:59 AM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1584272

bwdlionfan
12-08-2013, 11:02 AM

There are a lot of 5 and 7 team districts in this, do you think UIL will go that route or will they try to level them at 6?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-08-2013, 11:07 AM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1584272Rockport Fulton region 3? not sure about that one. 13-4a looks more like region 3 than 12-4a

Boerne into 14 and Rockport into 15 good chance of seeing that.

cougartino
12-08-2013, 12:45 PM
District 11-4A Division I
Stafford
Houston Furr
Houston Wheatley
Houston Sterling
Sealy
Navasota
Houston Washington

Way too much travel there.

hollywood
12-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Stafford
Houston Furr
Houston Wheatley
Houston Sterling
Sealy
Navasota
Houston Washington

There will be teams that have to travel more than they have in the past. For West Texas and Panhandle teams, it's the norm.

toddg
12-08-2013, 02:03 PM
i see more saturday games for alot of teams...such is life

HEMOTOXIC
12-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Stafford
Houston Furr
Houston Wheatley
Houston Sterling
Sealy
Navasota
Houston Washington

Not really. Navasota is currently traveling almost to Austin (Taylor). The other option would be to send us north towards Waco with the Waco area schools. That's 108+ miles away from Navasota just to get to Waco. Now consider traveling to and from Gatesville or Lampasas. Navasota, Sealy, and Stafford once shared a district. Navasota also shared a district with New Caney back when I was in school. Plus, Navasota to Houston is an hour drive if that. Normally, it takes 35 minutes to get to the 1960 area of Houston.

Dawgs
12-08-2013, 02:45 PM
District 4-4A Division I

Abilene Wylie

Mineral Wells

Stephenville

Brownwood

Alvarado

Looks Like a pretty tough district right there. If this does happen should be some pretty good games out of this district.

District 9-4A Division I

Tyler Chapel Hill

Henderson

Brownsboro

Palestine

Carthage

Kilgore

District of Doom 3.0...Palestine and Brownsboro probably praying you are wrong. Carthage, Kilgore, CH, Henderson, that would be awesome. I hope it plays out that way. All 4 of those towns are within a 40 minute drive from each other.

hollywood
12-08-2013, 03:15 PM
District 4-4A Division I

Abilene Wylie

Mineral Wells

Stephenville

Brownwood

Alvarado

Looks Like a pretty tough district right there. If this does happen should be some pretty good games out of this district.

District 9-4A Division I

Tyler Chapel Hill

Henderson

Brownsboro

Palestine

Carthage

Kilgore

District of Doom 3.0...Palestine and Brownsboro probably praying you are wrong. Carthage, Kilgore, CH, Henderson, that would be awesome. I hope it plays out that way. All 4 of those towns are within a 40 minute drive from each other.

I agree Dawgs. I was looking at that earlier and thinking the same thing.

District 4 - District of Doom, "West Texas" version. Poor Mineral Wells! lol

jacketbacker09
12-08-2013, 05:03 PM
How many teams from each district will be going to playoffs with new div setup?

hollywood
12-08-2013, 05:07 PM
How many teams from each district will be going to playoffs with new div setup?

Four

cougartino
12-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Not really. Navasota is currently traveling almost to Austin (Taylor). The other option would be to send us north towards Waco with the Waco area schools. That's 108+ miles away from Navasota just to get to Waco. Now consider traveling to and from Gatesville or Lampasas. Navasota, Sealy, and Stafford once shared a district. Navasota also shared a district with New Caney back when I was in school. Plus, Navasota to Houston is an hour drive if that. Normally, it takes 35 minutes to get to the 1960 area of Houston.

I'm a Sterling alum. FM 1960 to Houston Sterling (deep in heart of South Park) on any given week night, I'll put it this way, yawl will get tired of that ______! So will Sealy. Beltway 8, Loop 610, Gulf Freeway, and Hwy 288 are brutal in Houston. Ask the Alief and Aldine schools who are in the same district yet on opposite ends of Houston.

speedbump
12-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Taylor is in R4 and Rockport Fultons not. LOL I wouldn't take this stuff to seriously. Even the UIL couldn't come up with something that crazy.

LHPfactory
12-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Taylor is in R4 and Rockport Fultons not. LOL I wouldn't take this stuff to seriously. Even the UIL couldn't come up with something that crazy.

Taylor is on an island due to the new distribution of teams in 4A-DI. They are in the same county as LH and straight down hwy 29 from LH and Burnet. This is much closer than Taylor is to Navasota and such. So I don't think this is that far fetched. We no longer have all the filler teams that went 4A-DII.

The other option for Taylor is to send them to the Waco area and Lampasas to to District 14. You could flip flop districts 12 and 13 and there by putting Bport, BC, EC, Rockport, ...... in Region 4 qnd Taylor and the Waco area schools in Region 3.

That would be a good scenario.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm a Sterling alum. FM 1960 to Houston Sterling (deep in heart of South Park) on any given week night, I'll put it this way, yawl will get tired of that ______! So will Sealy. Beltway 8, Loop 610, Gulf Freeway, and Hwy 288 are brutal in Houston. Ask the Alief and Aldine schools who are in the same district yet on opposite ends of Houston.

Oh trust me, I'm very familiar with Houston's traffic. I've lived all over the Houston area from Alief, Pearland, Spring, the Med Center, and the Galleria area. I'd rather deal with Houston's traffic, primarily going to the game, rather than having to drive to Waco, Gatesville or Lampasas.

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Oh trust me, I'm very familiar with Houston's traffic. I've lived all over the Houston area from Alief, Pearland, Spring, the Med Center, and the Galleria area. I'd rather deal with Houston's traffic, primarily going to the game, rather than having to drive to Waco, Gatesville or Lampasas.

Quick question. How bad is the traffic going to be from IAH to Rhodes Stadium at 4 pm Friday?

Matthew328
12-09-2013, 12:00 PM
it wont be great...brings lots of quarters will help you fly through the toll lanes quicker

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Quick question. How bad is the traffic going to be from IAH to Rhodes Stadium at 4 pm Friday?

That may be a big challenge. Even the tollways are congested during rush hour. IAH to Rhodes Stadium is about a 30 min drive if you take Beltway 8 to I10 West without all the traffic. So, I would plan to add an extra hour or so.

bigwood33
12-09-2013, 12:54 PM
Nice effort Matt. People will complain and make arguments as to why they should be here or there but the UIL has the obligation to balance the regions which will certainly move things around a bit. Also, by voting for split divisions, the superintendents guaranteed themselves a lot more travel. As for the mock alignment, your guess is certainly as good as anyone's. I think if you are right about Reg 2, get ready for Argyle to win the region the next 2 years. I'm no Argyle lover but I respect the heck out of what Coach Rogers does.

cougartino
12-09-2013, 12:57 PM

Assuming you're using the Beltway to I-10:
Beltway congestion at Veterans Memorial, near the race track at 249, just south of 290, and at 1-10.
I-10 congestion: all the way to Katy Mills Mall

You could shave 20-25 minutes with an EZ Tag

cougartino
12-09-2013, 01:00 PM

Okay, I see you've done time, too! :)

I'm lobbying also.
1. I don't wanna be in any district with HISD teams.
2. Unless it's the playoffs, I don't wanna travel to Timbucktoo on a Friday night.

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2013, 02:16 PM
it wont be great...brings lots of quarters will help you fly through the toll lanes quicker

That may be a big challenge. Even the tollways are congested during rush hour. IAH to Rhodes Stadium is about a 30 min drive if you take Beltway 8 to I10 West without all the traffic. So, I would plan to add an extra hour or so.

Assuming you're using the Beltway to I-10:
Beltway congestion at Veterans Memorial, near the race track at 249, just south of 290, and at 1-10.
I-10 congestion: all the way to Katy Mills Mall

You could shave 20-25 minutes with an EZ Tag

Thanks for the tips. I'll keep all in mind.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Okay, I see you've done time, too! :)

I'm lobbying also.
1. I don't wanna be in any district with HISD teams.
2. Unless it's the playoffs, I don't wanna travel to Timbucktoo on a Friday night.

I definitely understand. I hate playing HISD schools as well. No fan support, competetion, etc. Really boring games. Back in the day, playing Forest Brook was fun.

SHSBulldog00
12-09-2013, 03:40 PM
I definitely understand. I hate playing HISD schools as well. No fan support, competetion, etc. Really boring games. Back in the day, playing Forest Brook was fun.

We played FB back in 97 and beat them 24-7

LHPfactory
12-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Back to first page

speedbump
12-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Taylor is on an island due to the new distribution of teams in 4A-DI. They are in the same county as LH and straight down hwy 29 from LH and Burnet. This is much closer than Taylor is to Navasota and such. So I don't think this is that far fetched. We no longer have all the filler teams that went 4A-DII.

The other option for Taylor is to send them to the Waco area and Lampasas to to District 14. You could flip flop districts 12 and 13 and there by putting Bport, BC, EC, Rockport, ...... in Region 4 qnd Taylor and the Waco area schools in Region 3.

That would be a good scenario.

Flipping 12 and 13 would help. Otherwise you would have second round games like Rockport vs Tyler CH. Hopefully the UIL will consider playoff travel too.

toddg
01-02-2014, 03:24 PM
District 4-4A Division I

Abilene Wylie

Mineral Wells

Stephenville

Brownwood

Alvarado

this is actually very logical..looking at the map, i could see Graham possibly in this group as well..

fact is, region 1 folks are going to be piling the miles on no matter how you slice it...Alvarado to Abilene would be the longest trek in this district..and that is not a bad drive at all..would have to be a saturday game though IMO

refereedoc
01-02-2014, 03:59 PM
Todd : You know better than to put logical and the UIL together in one sentence, that's like grandmaw and naked neither one makes sense. :hand: But that district works for me!

toddg
01-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Todd : You know better than to put logical and the UIL together in one sentence, that's like grandmaw and naked neither one makes sense. :hand: But that district works for me! HAHA! i hear ya!!....and it would be a highly competitive district!

jason
01-02-2014, 04:27 PM
I saw a mock realignment that had sville with waco schools and in region 2

toddg
01-02-2014, 04:58 PM
I saw a mock realignment that had sville with waco schools and in region 2
iv seen those scenarios too..wouldnt be the first time they ended up waco way

NastySlot
01-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Not new 4A....Matt saw you 2A D1...that 15-2A wow brutal.

ccmom
01-02-2014, 07:06 PM
District 4-4A Division I

Abilene Wylie

Mineral Wells

Stephenville

Brownwood

Alvarado

this is actually very logical..looking at the map, i could see Graham possibly in this group as well..

fact is, region 1 folks are going to be piling the miles on no matter how you slice it...Alvarado to Abilene would be the longest trek in this district..and that is not a bad drive at all..would have to be a saturday game though IMO
How far is it from here to Alvarado? We all know I am directionally and geographically challenged but is it any further than Abilene to Monahans? We have been in district with Monahans the last two years and played on Fridays. Boy that's a lovely drive!! ;)

jason
01-02-2014, 07:13 PM
170 miles
abilene to alvarado

ccmom
01-02-2014, 07:43 PM
170 miles
abilene to alvarado

Pretty sure Abilene to Monahans is over 200 miles...but feels like 500.

regaleagle
01-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Nice effort Matt. People will complain and make arguments as to why they should be here or there but the UIL has the obligation to balance the regions which will certainly move things around a bit. Also, by voting for split divisions, the superintendents guaranteed themselves a lot more travel. As for the mock alignment, your guess is certainly as good as anyone's. I think if you are right about Reg 2, get ready for Argyle to win the region the next 2 years. I'm no Argyle lover but I respect the heck out of what Coach Rogers does.

I'd say Pittsburg, Paris, Kaufman, and Sanger will be real contenders in this region next season....as well as Argyle. Then there's Texarkana Liberty Eylau that has athletes, too.

toddg
01-03-2014, 01:31 PM
How far is it from here to Alvarado? We all know I am directionally and geographically challenged but is it any further than Abilene to Monahans? We have been in district with Monahans the last two years and played on Fridays. Boy that's a lovely drive!! ;)

once you get to Ranger, its all down hill...:cool:

toddg
01-14-2014, 12:29 PM
it will suprise some folks how close Matts mock will be to the real deal feb 3...one of the head scatchers for me was dist.7, but in looking at it..Kennedale being right at the I-20/287 split made sense.
id be curious to see Padilla's mock..bet its pretty darn close to Matts.
i'll be eagerly anticipating what Coach Dixon comes up with for non-District games...going by this mock, it will be 5-6 of these:
Joshua
Bridgeport
Robinson
LaVega
China Spring
Kennedale
Kaufman
Decatur
Springtown
Graham
Lake Worth
Cleburne
FtW Southwest
definit maybes...Argyle and Celina.

and, just a side note...
Indian Gideon is working very intensely..and focused this offseason, as are a bunch of Indians..anticipating some very good football from my Alma mater the next few years!!!

im thinkin feb 3 would be a good debut day for TexasDownlow.com.....

Trashman
01-14-2014, 06:08 PM

I like this....Brownwood will "tuffin up" or die.