PDA

View Full Version : UIL Hypocrisy on Celebrations

Pudlugger
08-31-2003, 05:19 PM
Apparently it is a 10 yard penalty for a kid to celebrate in the endzone after a legitimate athletic accomplishment, yet it is no foul for the entire visiting team to run onto the host team logo at the 50 yardline before the National Anthem and dance on the logo.This strikes me as hypocritical. I would like to see a rule against this classless display of showboating nonsense. :mad:

What do you think?

In favor of a rule prohibiting "motivational Dances":

Against such a rule:

sinton66
08-31-2003, 05:25 PM
Even worse, I've seen them do it everytime they KICK the ball! When do you kick? AFTER you score. Celebratory? YOU BET!( SAW this in the 2A semi-final last year).

<small>[ August 31, 2003, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Chopblock
08-31-2003, 07:19 PM
It is a 15yd penalty

The dance subject was brought up last year on this web site.
Someone commented on it and evidently the coach of the team who did the dance attacked him for saying something

It is tasteless and show no class

sinton66
08-31-2003, 08:22 PM
I was the one that brought it up at least once. I saw it happen in the R3/R4 semifinal 2A game last year played right here at Katy. I saw the R3 team gather at the 50 after every score and go into this little dance routine. I also never saw a single flag because of it. I'm talking five or six times they did this.

sinton66
08-31-2003, 08:46 PM
Ok, official ruling is that this can be penalized if in the judgement of the official it is done to "draw attention to themselves".
Most often it is viewed not to be this, but as a way to get "psyched" for the kickoff, and therefore isn't flagged. I don't think the decision should be left to interpretation.

Chief Woodman
08-31-2003, 09:09 PM
I agree it is classless.

Ranger Mom
08-31-2003, 09:51 PM
IMO, it's almost as classless as spitting on the opposing team's field! :mad:

Eagles52
08-31-2003, 10:05 PM
it comes down to the coaches, the best know that all the yelling and hype does not win a single football game or else the cheerleaders would be in the locker room every pregame. Our coaches would murder us if we attempted to celebrate in any way...