PDA

View Full Version : Is your game being moved?

D'Highlander
12-04-2013, 08:10 AM
I read this morning that the front is a little ahead of schedule.

SHSBulldog00
12-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Mesquite Poteet vs. Ennis has been moved to Thursday night.

Phil C
12-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Mesquite Poteet vs. Ennis has been moved to Thursday night.

Probably a very wise move indeed.

Snotbubbles
12-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Probably a very wise move indeed.

Victoria being even further south, and could benefit by a change. No way would Bo miss a chance to play in the weather those kid's love to play in. I would assume both coaches need to agree if a game is moved.

Aesculus gilmus
12-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Ben Baby ‏@Ben_Baby 49m
Argyle-Gladewater has moved to 6 p.m. on Friday, per Argyle HC Todd Rodgers. Still at Kincaide Stadium #txhsfb

jacketbacker09
12-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Someone on www.stephenvilleyellowjacket.com posted that Sville/Lubbock Cooper talking about moving game to Monday.

YTBulldogs
12-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Someone on www.stephenvilleyellowjacket.com posted that Sville/Lubbock Cooper talking about moving game to Monday.

I can see more following suit. Appears a brutal front entering the state.

caleb_mccaig
12-04-2013, 12:19 PM

Haven't heard anything yet about that in the office but you never know. If I had to guess it will be last second

toddg
12-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Aledo/WF has moved to 6pm thursday

Sville
12-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Stephenville is not expecting any schedule changes as right now, but the weather looks like it is going to be nasty.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/weather/Freezing-temperatures-ice-increasingly-likely-during-Winter-Storm-Watch-234473251.html?c=n&fb=y&can=n

PhiI C
12-04-2013, 07:48 PM
I can see more following suit. Appears a brutal front entering the state.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUkkKb6H0Fc

regaleagle
12-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Ben Baby ‏@Ben_Baby 49m
Argyle-Gladewater has moved to 6 p.m. on Friday, per Argyle HC Todd Rodgers. Still at Kincaide Stadium #txhsfb

I don't think 1-1.5 hrs. earlier will make much difference, really. Either the weather will be so bad the roads are iced, or it won't. One or two hrs. ain't gonna make a difference. I think they should move the game to Thurs. night and go with it. Whatever fans don't show won't show on Friday nite either. The teams will just have to be ready....that's all.

Aesculus gilmus
12-05-2013, 08:55 AM
I don't think 1-1.5 hrs. earlier will make much difference, really. Either the weather will be so bad the roads are iced, or it won't. One or two hrs. ain't gonna make a difference. I think they should move the game to Thurs. night and go with it. Whatever fans don't show won't show on Friday nite either. The teams will just have to be ready....that's all.

Kincaide is already booked for tonight. The game could easily be played in Tyler tonight (unless someone else has booked it of which I'm unaware), but I am aware that Argyle has had a couple of unfortunate experiences at that stadium.

Bears would love the change of venue, but playing on Thursday would give them only five days' rest from their last game.

regaleagle
12-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Kincaide is already booked for tonight. The game could easily be played in Tyler tonight (unless someone else has booked it of which I'm unaware), but I am aware that Argyle has had a couple of unfortunate experiences at that stadium.

Bears would love the change of venue, but playing on Thursday would give them only five days' rest from their last game.

Royce City says that field is available, and it has a deicing mechanism....if needed.

BullBoy
12-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Aledo/WF has moved to 6pm thursday
Will the game still be televised?

regaleagle
12-05-2013, 02:36 PM
From what I'm hearing on The Weather Channel now, it looks like Dallas is in for a major icestorm that will basically shut things down for as many as 3 days. I don't see how any games this weekend could be played in the immediate DFW area starting Friday. Looks to me like Argyle/Gladewater will probably be put off til at least Monday, jmo. But don't be surprised if by Friday AM this game is postponed til Monday night.

Rattler
12-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Graham and Shallowater game in Sweetwater has moved to Saturday @ 3:00 pm.

Sweetwater Red
12-06-2013, 09:22 AM

Not surprising. School was cancelled last night because the roads are solid ice.
Currently it is 19 degrees with a wind chill of 3 and everything is covered in white.

D'Highlander
12-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Ville/LC game moved to Monday @ 7:30 in Abilene

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

waterboy
12-06-2013, 12:00 PM
From what I'm hearing on The Weather Channel now, it looks like Dallas is in for a major icestorm that will basically shut things down for as many as 3 days. I don't see how any games this weekend could be played in the immediate DFW area starting Friday. Looks to me like Argyle/Gladewater will probably be put off til at least Monday, jmo. But don't be surprised if by Friday AM this game is postponed til Monday night.

You were right. This game has been postponed and moved. The latest I'm hearing is Monday night @ Waco Midway.

hollywood
12-06-2013, 12:19 PM

Sa-weet. I may try to make this one.

jason
12-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Ville/LC game moved to Monday @ 7:30 in Abilene

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)
If Stephenville manages to squeak by Cooper, it's going to be tough playing Kilgore on a short week.
I guess this means next weeks game will be Saturday?

hollywood
12-06-2013, 01:36 PM
If Stephenville manages to squeak by Cooper, it's going to be tough playing Kilgore on a short week.
I guess this means next weeks game will be Saturday?

Yep, that's what I've been hearing. Stephenville doesn't need to prepare for Kilgore though, Chapel Hill says they are winning this time. Either way, neither team impresses me compared to the hype these 2 have been touting about West Texas teams have no chance. Kilgore looked sloppy against a Gilmer team who gave Kilgore the ball 5 times. Just sayin