WOS87
12-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Who you got?

Aggie98
12-03-2013, 05:44 PM
I'll take Kilgore. :)

Bullaholic
12-03-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm pretty sketchy on my team info on these two--but what I have learned is that this should be a very physical football game. Purely based on Kilgore's win over a very good Gilmer team I have now watched, I say Kilgore by 7-10. However, I also know Chapel Hill beat Decatur and a D1 QB and good receivers last week, which tells me they can defend the pass. I hear Kilgore likes to run it--so I think it will come down to Chapel Hill's run defense. Again, apologies if I am way off on any of this, but I hope a guess based on a few shreds of info will be more fun than no opinion at all and help give this thread a little interest as we seem to be a little short of Chapel Hill and Kilgore posters.

waterboy
12-03-2013, 06:01 PM
I'll take Kilgore. :)

:spitlol: Is that the homer in you, or is that how you REALLY feel?:D

It's always tough to play the same team twice in the same season. If one team is truly a better team than the other, the result is usually the same both times. Occasionally, though, the loser feels they let one slip away and plays better the second time around. In this case, I think the better team won the first time, and will win the second time around, too. A little sloppy play can change that outcome, however, especially if they are not that far apart. Let's just hope the Kilgore players are mature enough to not let that happen. Either way, the D of D is still the best district in the state, although it is likely only one team will be left standing after round 4. It could've just as easily have been 2 left standing after 4 rounds this year, but Argyle didn't want to cooperate. haha.

adoptedbuckeye
12-03-2013, 06:13 PM
I watched Kilgore play Gladewater, Chapel Hill, and Gilmer this year and every time I just kept thinking they can be beaten. But no team has figured out HOW to beat them and I give Kilgore full credit. They play their dominating style like no other and I may not agree with it but it works for them. I still think they need to open up their offense and utilize the talent they have but this week I think they will win again.

Aggie98
12-03-2013, 06:21 PM
:spitlol: Is that the homer in you, or is that how you REALLY feel?:D

Both.

It's always tough to play the same team twice in the same season. If one team is truly a better team than the other, the result is usually the same both times. Occasionally, though, the loser feels they let one slip away and plays better the second time around. In this case, I think the better team won the first time, and will win the second time around, too. A little sloppy play can change that outcome, however, especially if they are not that far apart. Let's just hope the Kilgore players are mature enough to not let that happen. Either way, the D of D is still the best district in the state, although it is likely only one team will be left standing after round 4. It could've just as easily have been 2 left standing after 4 rounds this year, but Argyle didn't want to cooperate. haha.

I don't like rematches. It's sometimes difficult for the team who won the 1st one to match the intensity level of the team looking for payback. That being said, we have 15 senior starters on this team and most of them are playing in their 12th playoff game. I just can't see them coming out flat.

adoptedbuckeye
12-03-2013, 06:50 PM
I don't like rematches. It's sometimes difficult for the team who won the 1st one to match the intensity level of the team looking for payback. That being said, we have 15 senior starters on this team and most of them are playing in their 12th playoff game. I just can't see them coming out flat.

I don't like rematches either. Last year Henderson was out for pure revenge but rhe Buckeyes had gotten a lot better since their first meeting and dominated. Just curious- how does this year's Kilgore team compare to 2004? I have heard some people saying this team wouldn't hold a candle to '04 but they also played on that team. Just wondering what your opinion is.

hollywood
12-03-2013, 07:30 PM
I voted Kilgore. They have the talent and type of offensive scheme that can punish an opponents defense and a defense that plays with intensity. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Chapel Hill pulls off an upset either. When teams get this far and are as strong as both of these two, anything can happen.

Kilgore by 10

cowboyandchrist
12-03-2013, 11:09 PM
I voted Kilgore. They have the talent and type of offensive scheme that can punish an opponents defense and a defense that plays with intensity. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Chapel Hill pulls off an upset either. When teams get this far and are as strong as both of these two, anything can happen.

Kilgore by 10

You are so right, this deep anything can happen. All I can go by are the facts. Kilgore has a dominating O line that can control the clock, three headed monster in the back field, and a Q/B that is one of the best players on the ream. I don't mean running or throwing, I mean a good football player. The best according to stats defense in the state (3A). That makes for anyone a hard team to beat team. Now for Chapel Hill, they have the best Q/B in the district of doom, can run or throw. Speed out the wazoo on both sides. I just believe Kilgore and the O line will win this game, but it will be a Dawg fight for four quarters.

Aggie98
12-03-2013, 11:11 PM
I don't like rematches either. Last year Henderson was out for pure revenge but rhe Buckeyes had gotten a lot better since their first meeting and dominated. Just curious- how does this year's Kilgore team compare to 2004? I have heard some people saying this team wouldn't hold a candle to '04 but they also played on that team. Just wondering what your opinion is.

The 2004 team was better.... mainly because they were much bigger. The offensive line averaged almost 300 lbs and they had a 6'5"-275# TE. I think there were six D-1 players on that team .... C, TE, RB, CB, and both DE's. They also had a DB/WR that was one of the fastest kids in the country. Special team.

Aggie98
12-04-2013, 05:56 PM
You are so right, this deep anything can happen. All I can go by are the facts. Kilgore has a dominating O line that can control the clock, three headed monster in the back field, and a Q/B that is one of the best players on the ream. I don't mean running or throwing, I mean a good football player. The best according to stats defense in the state (3A). That makes for anyone a hard team to beat team. Now for Chapel Hill, they have the best Q/B in the district of doom, can run or throw. Speed out the wazoo on both sides. I just believe Kilgore and the O line will win this game, but it will be a Dawg fight for four quarters.

Very good assessment. I think if you polled the Kilgore players and asked them who is the best football player on the team.... they would all say it's Benny Colbert. He's not very big, he's not super-fast, heck... he's not even a QB. He's an all-state DB who is playing QB because that's where he was needed the most this season. It's been kind of a bummer not getting to watch him play defense this season, but who knows..... maybe he'll get a few snaps over there before it's all said and done. ;)

Dawgs
12-07-2013, 04:13 AM
http://etsn.fm/kilgore-dominates-district-rival-chapel-hill-59-19-to-advance-to-class-3a-division-i-semifinals/

Sounds like an impressive win for Kilgore. Nobody has dominated CH like that this season. Over 500 rushing yards! Impressive. Great win Kilgore. Good season CH.

Lion70
12-07-2013, 09:50 AM
I went to the game. Good turnout despite the weather. A few observations.

1. Kilgore is not too big but they are fast.

2. Kilgore running game is awesome like always

3. Not going to lie that shade of red is kinda sweet on the helments.

4. Defense played as well as you can play.

5. Good grief your offensive line was good against Chapel Hill

Chapel Hill

1. Poor Tackling

2. Kicked yourself in the foot so many times

3. Black made some poor throws and Kilgore took advantage

4. Yall didn't seem too run with the same intensity as yall did against Athens ( but they may been cause of a better Dline)

5. Good grief go for two every time your kicker is horrible he even nailed the assiant coach in the cocanuts on a extra point attempt in pregame. ( He was down for the count and yes I saw that.)

6. The player on Chapel Hill running the wrong way on a kickoff return was epic funny.

with that Kilgore is def good enough too win against Stephenville. With that I say GOOO Jackets.

hollywood
12-07-2013, 10:28 AM
5. Good grief go for two every time your kicker is horrible he even nailed the assiant coach in the cocanuts on a extra point attempt in pregame. ( He was down for the count and yes I saw that.)

6. The player on Chapel Hill running the wrong way on a kickoff return was epic funny.

with that Kilgore is def good enough too win against Stephenville. With that I say GOOO Jackets.

LMAO That is some stuff right there. Sounds like execution and discipline issues on CH's part.

And thanks for the support! We need it from at least 1 East Texas fan. Lol

buckeyebob
12-07-2013, 11:01 AM
LMAO That is some stuff right there. Sounds like execution and discipline issues on CH's part.

And thanks for the support! We need it from at least 1 East Texas fan. Lol

East Texas would have your back if we didn't have 2 sets of Dogs in the hunt...gotta to our DoD partner

Aggie98
12-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Ragin' Red rolling on.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)