PDA

View Full Version : New 4a d2 top teams

orange machine
12-02-2013, 10:20 PM
I hate to say it, but for the next few years it looks like the championship is Gilmers to lose! Gilmer is by far head and shoulders better than all the other teams at this point.

Manso/V8
12-02-2013, 11:44 PM
i hate to say it, but for the next few years it looks like the championship is gilmers to lose! Gilmer is by far head and shoulders better than all the other teams at this point.

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe in your little corner of the world, but not in the real world.

orange machine
12-02-2013, 11:48 PM
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe in your little corner of the world, but not in the real world.

How you figure? Other than Fairfield who for all we know might be a one hit wonder nobody else in the new 4a d2 is really lighting the fires these days.

tango
12-02-2013, 11:54 PM
How you figure? Other than Fairfield who for all we know might be a one hit wonder nobody else in the new 4a d2 is really lighting the fires these days.

That's the wonderful thing about highschool football, you never know who may rise and who may fall.

orange machine
12-03-2013, 12:26 AM
That's the wonderful thing about highschool football, you never know who may rise and who may fall.

I agree, but over the last 4 or so years Gilmer is the only real consistent powerhouse making deep runs each year.

Manso/V8
12-03-2013, 12:32 AM

C'mon man, there are plenty of good programs in D2.
You are too focused on your corner of Texas.
Gilmer is a good program.
However, things rise and fall, ebb and flow.
Didn't Celina use to be a powerhouse?
Isn't Argyle relatively new?

Gilmer was highly thought of last year and there were several D2 size teams from R3 and R4 that would have crushed them in the SC game.
La Grange is a D2 size school (but in the D1 bracket this year) and they would likely take down Gilmer this year if Gilmer was still in it.

orange machine
12-03-2013, 12:35 AM
I'll say this on paper Celina should be considered a favorite for a title next year with all the returning starters they have coming back. Also all the young players that had to step up and play because of injuries and other things. Celina returns 9 players on offense and I think 5 on defense. They had a bunch of jv guys that were pulled up also that got playing time on the varsity. Like I said on paper they look great, question is will it translate over to a run at a title next year? I've heard for years now this group of juniors going to be seniors will make a run for it all. The talent is there for sure hopefully things work out and these boys get to the big show!

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 12:38 AM
I hate to say it, but for the next few years it looks like the championship is Gilmers to lose! Gilmer is by far head and shoulders better than all the other teams at this point.
Gilmers still playing??? This is football now , not round ball.

orange machine
12-03-2013, 12:39 AM
C'mon man, there are plenty of good programs in D2.
You are too focused on your corner of Texas.
Gilmer is a good program.
However, things rise and fall, ebb and flow.
Didn't Celina use to be a powerhouse?
Isn't Argyle relatively new?

Gilmer was highly thought of last year and there were several D2 size teams from R3 and R4 that would have crushed them in the SC game.
La Grange is a D2 size school (but in the D1 bracket this year) and they would likely take down Gilmer this year if Gilmer was still in it.

I see where your going, but at the end of the day Gilmer over the years has been the one team that is always pushing for a title. Your right Celina used to, but something has changed and I dont want to get into that. I just believe Gilmer is the team to beat in d2 next year!

orange machine
12-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Gilmers still playing??? This is football now , not round ball.

Has nothing to do with this year kind sir!

Well actually it kinda does, but Gilmer ran into a buzz saw this year that won't be in d2 next year.

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 12:50 AM
Has nothing to do with this year kind sir
Well actually it kinda does, but Gilmer ran into a buzz saw this year that won't be in d2 next year.

You just speak as if Gilmer is the defending state champs. Their not. Havent been since 09. Or as if they are the best in Texas. Their not. Several teams in 3a that would or did beat them...I am fully aware the Gilmos will now go nuts since someone dared to not recognize gilmer as the all time greatest! Ohhhhhh well....is what it is

Manso/V8
12-03-2013, 01:07 AM
I see where your going, but at the end of the day Gilmer over the years has been the one team that is always pushing for a title. Your right Celina used to, but something has changed and I dont want to get into that. I just believe Gilmer is the team to beat in d2 next year!

Right, so you like Gilmer's program. Sure they have a very good program, and they will likely be in the mix over the next few years.
However, that is not what your initial post said.......you said "the championship is Gilmers to lose! Gilmer is by far head and shoulders better than all the other teams at this point"......not true.
They didn't meet expectations this year, or last year, and there will be years in the future they don't meet expectations, and maybe some that they do.

WOS87
12-03-2013, 03:38 AM

LOL funny post. WOS has a Sophomore QB that will be around for the next two years that may have something to say about that. There are 5 out of 16 teams left alive that are going D2 next season currently, Gilmer isn't one of them and neither is Celina.

Gilmer over the past 20 seasons 191-52-2
WOS over the past 20 seasons 192-44-1

poisoned10
12-03-2013, 07:50 AM
They didn't meet expectations this year, or last year,

Actually, I believe Gilmer exceeded expectations last year, at least according to most fans. Especially after the Prestonwood game. With all of the youth and lack of returning starters expectations were not going to the state championship. Again, from a fan's perspective.

This year however, I'll agree expectations were not met. With what we had returning from a state championship appearance, anything less than winning it all was going to fall short of expectations.

Gilmer will have a lot coming back next year as well so expectations will be high again.

If you look at teams in 4A Division 2, Gilmer has been one of the most consistent teams over the last several years. West Orange-Stark, Celina and La Marque are really the only other teams that have has some sort of consistency.

I'm not saying it's Gilmer's to lose, but they definitely have to be one of the favorites.

Sent from my iPhone

poisoned10
12-03-2013, 07:51 AM
LOL funny post. WOS has a Sophomore QB that will be around for the next two years that may have something to say about that. There are 5 out of 16 teams left alive that are going D2 next season currently, Gilmer isn't one of them and neither is Celina.

Gilmer over the past 20 seasons 191-52-2
WOS over the past 20 seasons 192-44-1

How about over the last 10-15 years? I think those number would be more in Gilmer's favor.

Sent from my iPhone

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 08:50 AM
How about over the last 10-15 years? I think those number would be more in Gilmer's favor.

Sent from my iPhone
Lol...gilmos are the greatest ever, even in defeat. Already predicting to own the SC for years to come...how about the trophy just stay in gilmer forever and automatically each year its theirs? Gilmos its over, your 2013 season that is. Accept it and support the basketball team now. SMH

lostaussie
12-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Lol...gilmos are the greatest ever, even in defeat. Already predicting to own the SC for years to come...how about the trophy just stay in gilmer forever and automatically each year its theirs? Gilmos its over, your 2013 season that is. Accept it and support the basketball team now. SMHLet's see. Orange machine is from Celina, manso is from somewhere down south and and 87 is from WOS. Not one person on this thread from Gilmer has predicted a damn thing. But you bear **** can't help but being a dick. People on this site expect you to be a dick and you generally don't disappoint. Have you ever done anything to try to make this a better place or are you just on here to be a dick. Have you ever donated money, gave some credit where credit is due, anything other than be a dick? Folks like you are the reason so many of the long timers left. Like I'm fixing to do. So just go on and be a dick and sooner than later you can just talk to yourself. See ya dick

adoptedbuckeye
12-03-2013, 09:10 AM
The new rules according to bearbear are nobody can look forward to their future prospects. we are all supposed to wallow in defeat forever. That of course won't include when Graham loses.

jason
12-03-2013, 09:18 AM
I'll say this on paper Celina should be considered a favorite for a title next year with all the returning starters they have coming back. Also all the young players that had to step up and play because of injuries and other things. Celina returns 9 players on offense and I think 5 on defense. They had a bunch of jv guys that were pulled up also that got playing time on the varsity. Like I said on paper they look great, question is will it translate over to a run at a title next year? I've heard for years now this group of juniors going to be seniors will make a run for it all. The talent is there for sure hopefully things work out and these boys get to the big show!

returning a lot of starters from a team that was terrible doesn't make them title contenders - they won't become great just because they played the year before

marler1972
12-03-2013, 09:27 AM
returning a lot of starters from a team that was terrible doesn't make them title contenders - they won't become great just because they played the year before

I don't see where they were terrible. Had a bad run to end the year.

BB BULLS
12-03-2013, 09:35 AM
dont think anyone has come up with a time machine yet, so why dont we just wait and see what happens next year. The Bramhas dont have alot starters returning, but they still may be a good team or they could be a bad team. I will just wait and see what happens. i figure thats the best way to do it just wait and see what happens. I will root for my team if they are bad or good.

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 10:28 AM
Let's see. Orange machine is from Celina, manso is from somewhere down south and and 87 is from WOS. Not one person on this thread from Gilmer has predicted a damn thing. But you bear **** can't help but being a dick. People on this site expect you to be a dick and you generally don't disappoint. Have you ever done anything to try to make this a better place or are you just on here to be a dick. Have you ever donated money, gave some credit where credit is due, anything other than be a dick? Folks like you are the reason so many of the long timers left. Like I'm fixing to do. So just go on and be a dick and sooner than later you can just talk to yourself. See ya dick
Such a intimidating scary tough keyboarder you are. Lmao...yet cry like babies when someone doesn't agree or support your picks..oh well , get over it or lose touch with your VERY sensative side. Or, maybe seek counseling for chronic hurt feelings? LOL

Calling it now saying the championship is Gilmers to lose when they haven't even won it is more of an arse statement then me saying nope don't think so..grow up lil guy

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 10:30 AM
The new rules according to bearbear are nobody can look forward to their future prospects. we are all supposed to wallow in defeat forever. That of course won't include when Graham loses.
Not a thing wrong with looking forward , but considering everyone else your stepping stone to the trophy when your playing roundball only watching now is gonna keep biting the ole backside just like its done the last two years.

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Let's see. Orange machine is from Celina, manso is from somewhere down south and and 87 is from WOS. Not one person on this thread from Gilmer has predicted a damn thing. But you bear **** can't help but being a dick. People on this site expect you to be a dick and you generally don't disappoint. Have you ever done anything to try to make this a better place or are you just on here to be a dick. Have you ever donated money, gave some credit where credit is due, anything other than be a dick? Folks like you are the reason so many of the long timers left. Like I'm fixing to do. So just go on and be a dick and sooner than later you can just talk to yourself. See ya dick
Maybe I am mistaking but I'm seeing an obsession here...you mention it six times dude!!!!

adoptedbuckeye
12-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Not a thing wrong with looking forward , but considering everyone else your stepping stone to the trophy when your playing roundball only watching now is gonna keep biting the ole backside just like its done the last two years.

We aren't very good bball fans over here. Did you see our record last year?
We should have the right to be excited about the young prospects we have coming up next year and I won't make a SC prediction but we should be pretty competitive.

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 10:57 AM
We aren't very good bball fans over here. Did you see our record last year?
We should have the right to be excited about the young prospects we have coming up next year and I won't make a SC prediction but we should be pretty competitive.

And I have no argument for you on that statement. No doubt that Gilmer will be competitive. The statement of the SC was theirs to lose needed some attention , so it got a little. Thats the same as considering the rest of the hard working teams out there stepping stones and weak comp. Yeah some guys get their feelings hurt but oh well, its big boy world...anyways, yes you're right, Gilmer will be solid and tough competition as always.

LoboesWT
12-03-2013, 12:27 PM
I just cant help myself, but Monahans is a top team in the upcoming D2 format. Are belief every year is to compete for a State Championship. Sure we have come up short, but so has each program talked about on this thread at one point in time or another. Narrowing the field to 80 to 90 teams for a State Championship is going to be interesting. I will concede that Region 1 as a whole is not as strong as Regions 2 and 3. I guarantee that if Monahans played all are pre-district games against those Region 2-3 teams they would remember and respect us for sure!

adoptedbuckeye
12-03-2013, 12:31 PM
I just cant help myself, but Monahans is a top team in the upcoming D2 format. Are belief every year is to compete for a State Championship. Sure we have come up short, but so has each program talked about on this thread at one point in time or another. Narrowing the field to 80 to 90 teams for a State Championship is going to be interesting. I will concede that Region 1 as a whole is not as strong as Regions 2 and 3. I guarantee that if Monahans played all are pre-district games against those Region 2-3 teams they would remember and respect us for sure!

Those would be some looooong distance games! Lol I had no idea where yall were til just now I googled it. Halfway on a Saturday would have to happen

LoboesWT
12-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Those would be some looooong distance games! Lol I had no idea where yall were til just now I googled it. Halfway on a Saturday would have to happen

Yes it would but it would be fun! Did you google map list it as BFE :)

adoptedbuckeye
12-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Yes it would but it would be fun! Did you google map list it as BFE :)

Lol I thought that was Gilmer's nickname

defense51
12-03-2013, 01:32 PM
lostaussie, stop holding back and speak your mind. :D

Aesculus gilmus
12-03-2013, 02:10 PM
I for one do not know who the starting quarterback will be for the Buckeyes next season. If the JV guy is promoted, it'll be Spears. But I don't know that this will be the case.

It's hard to win state without an established QB, especially given how important the QB is in the Gilmer offensive scheme.

adoptedbuckeye
12-03-2013, 02:28 PM
I for one do not know who the starting quarterback will be for the Buckeyes next season. If the JV guy is promoted, it'll be Spears. But I don't know that this will be the case.

It's hard to win state without an established QB, especially given how important the QB is in the Gilmer offensive scheme.

I was very impressed by Spears against Mineola and Pittsburg. He was very poised and extended some plays. We will definitely need a strong leader at qb to fill Tanner's shoes but look what Jordan Traylor did when he took over for Luke Turner. You never know how it may work itself out.

BB BULLS
12-03-2013, 02:33 PM
I .

I know that felling to well. the QB has got to be a strong leader

lostaussie
12-03-2013, 07:20 PM
lostaussie, stop holding back and speak your mind. :Dthat's how I really feel. I can take getting beat by a better team.......which Nav and Argyle both were. I always give credit where credit is due......unlike the dick who never got over a 50-7 ass kicking. But he's just a blow hard who is ruining a great place to hang out. That's what dicks do. And BTW, graham has some great posters........just not him.

orange machine
12-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Well I stick with what I say Gilmer is the best team going into d2 next year. Just because Gilmer got knocked out early doesn't mean they won't be capable of winning it next year which I think they will. Most of the "big dogs" are gonna be in d1.

buckeyebob
12-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Lol...gilmos are the greatest ever, even in defeat. Already predicting to own the SC for years to come...how about the trophy just stay in gilmer forever and automatically each year its theirs? Gilmos its over, your 2013 season that is. Accept it and support the basketball team now. SMH

Look...you need to get over your mad at Gilmer...Gilmer will be in the hunt next year, & the year after...we may not win it but we will be the thorn in the side of several, Graham included.

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 08:20 PM
that's how I really feel. I can take getting beat by a better team.......which Nav and Argyle both were. I always give credit where credit is due......unlike the dick who never got over a 50-7 ass kicking. But he's just a blow hard who is ruining a great place to hang out. That's what dicks do. And BTW, graham has some great posters........just not him.
You sound like a kid sitting in the counselors office having a wimpish melt down...all cuz somebody doesn't pull for your team....really? LOL!!!!! And dude the downlow is fun but if it is where you hang out, you need to step out some..there's a real world!!! Check it out......oh btw you have now dropped the "D" work like 10 times today.....what's realllllllllyyyyyyyyy on your mind fella?

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Look...you need to get over your mad at Gilmer...Gilmer will be in the hunt next year, & the year after...we may not win it but we will be the thorn in the side of several, Graham included.
Sounds fun to me....too bad we didn't get the match up this year..but since a few of you guys in gilmer base everything off last year doesn't that mean you get knocked off in the playoffs again next year? Just curious

WOS1
12-03-2013, 08:37 PM
I agree, but over the last 4 or so years Gilmer is the only real consistent powerhouse making deep runs each year.

What is your definition of deep? WOS has been to the regional finals for the last 3 yrs.

lostaussie
12-03-2013, 08:41 PM
What is your definition of deep? WOS has been to the regional finals for the last 3 yrs.yes they have, and they will be a player every year. The WOS program is one to be very proud of. Good luck this week against a very formidable foe in Carthage. Should be a great game.

WOS1
12-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Never mind

buckeyebob
12-04-2013, 07:15 AM
Sounds fun to me....too bad we didn't get the match up this year..but since a few of you guys in gilmer base everything off last year doesn't that mean you get knocked off in the playoffs again next year? Just curious

Last year's performance has no bearing on this years...and for sure...you can be knocked off anytime...we are experts at that

BB BULLS
12-04-2013, 08:14 AM
just cause we got knocked out in the first round don't count the Bramhas out next year. we are losing alot of starters but the team we throw out next year will be very good and will play more as a team.

gobbla4life
12-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Cuero is back on the rise again ! We just got knocked off in the regional round , we only lost a handful of seniors. We had 4 or 5 freshman that saw lots of playing time on varsity , 2 or three soph , and most other starters were jrs ! Including one of the best rb in the state D'Anthony Hopkins 2,000 yards rushing and 30 tds , our QB a jr as well 1,600 yards passing 20 or so tds! Also lots of young talent freshman and jv teams combined for a 19-1 record!

YTBulldogs
12-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Cuero is back on the rise again ! We just got knocked off in the regional round , we only lost a handful of seniors. We had 4 or 5 freshman that saw lots of playing time on varsity , 2 or three soph , and most other starters were jrs ! Including one of the best rb in the state D'Anthony Hopkins 2,000 yards rushing and 30 tds , our QB a jr as well 1,600 yards passing 20 or so tds! Also lots of young talent freshman and jv teams combined for a 19-1 record!

a real force in 2014 for sure.

Tejastrue
12-04-2013, 02:12 PM

a real force in 2014 for sure.
I agree. Gobblers are returning to their old form.

44INAROW
12-04-2013, 02:47 PM
I agree. Gobblers are returning to their old form.

Amen.. so glad too.......... not playing at Thanksgiving sucks...................
Go Mean Green :)