PDA

View Full Version : Question for Sweetwater Red

Mustangfan
12-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Can you give me any recommendations for a good place to eat in Sweetwater before or after the game on Friday?

Sweetwater Red
12-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Can you give me any recommendations for a good place to eat in Sweetwater before or after the game on Friday?

There are actually alot of places to eat in Sweetwater thanks to the growth on I-20 & HWY 70 over recent years.
Here are some choices that are on the interstate and a couple that are in town.

In town (Broadway St. - Business 20)
Ms. Allen's Fried Chicken - It's a homestyle buffet and will probably only be open before the game.
Amole's - it's a Mexican restaurant about one block west from Ms. Allen's

Also on Broadway are Whataburger, Subway and Sonic

All the above are very near Mustang Bowl.

Out on I-20

Skeet's Texas Grill - Serves steaks, chicken fries, catfish and food of that nature.
Buck's BBQ - Serve BBQ obviously but I haven't been back since they took out their monster salad bar.
Big Boy's BBQ - Small dining area but their chicken is awesome. Also, were rated Top 50 BBQ places by
Texas Monthly in the past or at least that's what their billboard says. lol

Also, in the close proximity of I-20 and HWY 70 are these restaurants.

Chicken Express
McDonald's
Dairy Queen - would be the last place I'd go of all that I've listed
Subway
Taco Bell
Schlotsky's
Wendy's
Amole's 2 - Not as good as the one on Broadway

Mustangfan
12-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Thank you

Sweetwater Red
12-02-2013, 02:29 PM
Thank you

No problem and I forgot to mention there are two truckstops on the west side of town as you're coming into Sweetwater.
Travel America - typical truck stop restaurant but has a good salad bar. It also had a Pizza Hut and Popeye's inside of it.
Love's - It has an Arby's connected to it.

I also forgot to mention that there is a Pizza Hut right next door to Sonic on Broadway St and a Gil's Fried Chicken and
Domino's as you head further north on HWY 70 into town.

I think that covers it.

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Sorry to hijack your thread but did you graduate from Shallowater? If so, how long ago?

Mustangfan
12-02-2013, 08:50 PM
I would have been in the class of 79 but I got my GED after my Jr. year to join the Navy.

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2013, 04:19 AM
I would have been in the class of 79 but I got my GED after my Jr. year to join the Navy.

My husband was class of '75. His class was the first to play all 6 years of football. :) His sister, Alison, was class of '77.