PDA

View Full Version : 3A D2 Reg III Finals: Fairfield vs Rockdale

coach
12-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Who ya got?

OldBison75
12-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Navasota played both this year and based on those two common opponents, I'll take Fairfield to win this one.

Fairfield is very solid on offense and can line up and pound the ball down the field with good running backs and a strong offensive line. They can pass when they need to and seem to be on a mission this year, much like Navasota was last year.

Rockdale is a solid team with a ton of really good athletes. The QB can really make you pay if you don't get pressure on him when he drops back. They have solid receivers and were very disciplined on routes when we played. They run the ball effectively, but if Fairfield can force them take away the running game and then tee off on the QB, it will be a long night for the Tigers.

Defensively, I think the Eagles will take away the run and then unleash the pass rush that dooms Rockdale. I also do not believe that Rockdale can stop the Eagle running game and the play action passes will prove the undoing of the Tigers.

Fairfield 42
Rockdale 21

87 TIGER
12-02-2013, 11:49 AM
The Tigers are kinda beat up unfortunately, lost the top receiver. Acl is what I've heard. A few other dings on a few of the starters. Still think it will be a good game. Excited to be playing for the reg. 3 championship!

FB-fanatic
12-02-2013, 12:14 PM
Can't wait for this one, just out our back door at Waco ISD Stadium. I see a Wing Stop and a great game in my future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Old Tiger
12-02-2013, 12:29 PM
The last time Rockdale played Fairfield at WISD Stadium, Rockdale got screwed.

Who is home/away?

HEMOTOXIC
12-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Looks like the weather was be very cold and wet on Friday.

I will go with the Eagles in this matchup. Rockdale seems to have peaked at the right time.

Defensively, I don't think that Rockdale can consitently stop the Eagle attack.

Fairfield 48 Rockdale 20

Old Tiger
12-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Winner makes it to the title game, that is for sure.

eagles_victory
12-02-2013, 01:05 PM
The last time Rockdale played Fairfield at WISD Stadium, Rockdale got screwed.

Who is home/away? No they didn't just lost to a better team

Rabid Cougar
12-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Fairfield by three TDs.

Old Tiger
12-02-2013, 02:35 PM
No they didn't just lost to a better team

12-7 and without that piss poor call on the punt it's a 7-6 game in Rockdale's favor.

87 TIGER
12-02-2013, 06:27 PM
I remember that, they called the punter took a knee.

zebrablue2
12-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Good to see RD making a deep run this yr., I have only seen Fairfield play 1 game ( last week) and they have good size and speed.
Weather could be in favor of the tigers, but gotta say FF by 7! Good luck Tigers.

regaleagle
12-02-2013, 09:15 PM
The weather will have an effect on all the playoff games this week and somewhat limit the scoring opportunities. Most games will be clock-aided and go by very quickly. Anytime you have a weather forecast like we have for this weekend's games, don't be surprised by the scores or some upsets. Anything can happen in cold, wet, or icey conditions on a football field. Scores will be at a premium, that's for sure.

coach
12-03-2013, 08:14 AM
the last time rockdale played fairfield at wisd stadium, rockdale got screwed.

Who is home/away?

hahaha

coach
12-03-2013, 08:17 AM
If Fairfield can score 40 they will break the 3a all time scoring record. They are currently in 3rd behing 92 South Lake Carroll and 09 Gilmer.

Pudlugger
12-03-2013, 08:27 AM
Idk about weather effecting the scoring much. La Grange scored 50 in Georgetown two weeks ago in that Norther in 33 degree weather, wind chill and rain. Artificial turf helps a lot. Players wear your underarmour! There were only two turnovers and a high snap punt into the endzone by CL. Not much different than normal conditions. Passing game was productive too.

87 TIGER
12-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Well the weather will be a factor to this fan!

regaleagle
12-04-2013, 03:25 AM
From what I have been able to discern about this Fairfield team so far, it sounds like they are a whole bunch like the Argyle team in their structure and players this season. For those of you that know about both teams, is that a fairly accurate assumption? Argyle gets into the pistol as well as the normal spread when they run their offense. Does Fairfield line up in the spread all the time, or do they deviate sometimes? What is the percentage of passing to running so far this season for FF? And what is their base defense?

easttexas3a
12-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Fairfield lines up in the spread 90% of the time. Lot of times they have two running backs and three wide receivers.

Fairfield has a good mix of run to pass. They are primarily a run team, but they have the ability to chunk the rock.

I know when they played Palestine, Palestine loaded the box and played man to man. When they did that Larry Rose only had about 80 yards, but the QB Gallegos just went nuts with 350 yards passing, and 100 running.

What makes Fairfield so good believe or not, is two kids. Bryson Gates #12 and Alex Ward #5. They are the two outside linebackers, and they both come in as RB's and WR's sometimes. Both those kids block well and when they get the ball can do some things with it. On defense, they are what keeps everything bottled up.

coach
12-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Fairfield's middle line backer is only about 125 pounds soaking wet but he leads the team in tackles. Dude is just a football player. Also their dt Josh Gallegos (qb's cousin) is a stud.

HEMOTOXIC
12-04-2013, 02:28 PM
I wanted to make that drive down to Waco.......BUT, I can't endure another Canadian football game again. Good luck to both.

regaleagle
12-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Fairfield's middle line backer is only about 125 pounds soaking wet but he leads the team in tackles. Dude is just a football player. Also their dt Josh Gallegos (qb's cousin) is a stud.

I'm sure he's quite a bit more than 125 lbs, but I get your jest. What about the lines? Do they have some big boys up front for that running game? And on defense, how big are the tackles and DE's? Argyle has some beef on the lines, and most of them are pretty darn quick as well.

coach
12-04-2013, 05:21 PM
I'm sure he's quite a bit more than 125 lbs, but I get your jest. What about the lines? Do they have some big boys up front for that running game? And on defense, how big are the tackles and DE's? Argyle has some beef on the lines, and most of them are pretty darn quick as well.

Im just telling you, this kid isnt over 140 pounds. O line has some pretty big boys. One of their tackles is massive. Not sure the exact size on him though. I think they call him cheese burger lol. Defense the line is a little under sized other than the one dt i referred to earlier. For the most part these kids are they typical "ffotball" players that get after it. The Gates kid is going to Colorado St. This is probably the 2nd best defense Fairfield has ever had. And it is by far the best offense. Also, this team is pretty special to me bc my brother is a Sr. this year. I can remember a lot of them coming over to the house and a select few having sleepovers and seeing them run around in their underwear as 1st and 2nd graders olol.

87 TIGER
12-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Rockdale 34
Fairfield 30
Not many have gave the Tigers any respect this year, except a few rattlers out there, we were not supposed to beat Lorena 3 weeks ago, now here we are in round 4 regional championship! We're beat up a little but were gonna keep fighting. Ive heard all year that Fairfield is good, well we must be pretty good too! Here's to a great game, injury free, and IMO the winner of this will play in Dallas. Go Tigers!

eagles_victory
12-04-2013, 11:51 PM
Fairfield lines up in the spread 90% of the time. Lot of times they have two running backs and three wide receivers.

Fairfield has a good mix of run to pass. They are primarily a run team, but they have the ability to chunk the rock.

I know when they played Palestine, Palestine loaded the box and played man to man. When they did that Larry Rose only had about 80 yards, but the QB Gallegos just went nuts with 350 yards passing, and 100 running.

What makes Fairfield so good believe or not, is two kids. Bryson Gates #12 and Alex Ward #5. They are the two outside linebackers, and they both come in as RB's and WR's sometimes. Both those kids block well and when they get the ball can do some things with it. On defense, they are what keeps everything bottled up.
THey're also both great twitter follows

coach
12-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Rockdale 34
Fairfield 30
Not many have gave the Tigers any respect this year, except a few rattlers out there, we were not supposed to beat Lorena 3 weeks ago, now here we are in round 4 regional championship! We're beat up a little but were gonna keep fighting. Ive heard all year that Fairfield is good, well we must be pretty good too! Here's to a great game, injury free, and IMO the winner of this will play in Dallas. Go Tigers!

I heard that the starting wr is out. I also heard the qb was out true. Is any of that true?

87 TIGER
12-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Unfortunately yes, wish we were 100% but it is what it is. We made it this far , others will have to step up, we're not gonna lay down and quit.

jason
12-05-2013, 10:40 AM
I have no dog in this fight but I hope Fairfield gets a bullying complaint filed against them after this game.

87 TIGER
12-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Wow! That's nice. Don't see it happening. Tigers will still play

JOBU
12-05-2013, 01:52 PM
What has happened to him he seems fine on film with Coldsprings? I sure didn't suspect him being injured if so I hate to see him healthy. LOL

texasboys
12-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Qb is healthy

JOBU
12-05-2013, 03:31 PM
I thought so. He looked healthy to me.

JOBU
12-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Im just telling you, this kid isnt over 140 pounds. O line has some pretty big boys. One of their tackles is massive. Not sure the exact size on him though. I think they call him cheese burger lol. Defense the line is a little under sized other than the one dt i referred to earlier. For the most part these kids are they typical "ffotball" players that get after it. The Gates kid is going to Colorado St. This is probably the 2nd best defense Fairfield has ever had. And it is by far the best offense. Also, this team is pretty special to me bc my brother is a Sr. this year. I can remember a lot of them coming over to the house and a select few having sleepovers and seeing them run around in their underwear as 1st and 2nd graders olol.

What FF team you think had a better defense?

87 TIGER
12-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Trust me wr tore acl and out, qb has an issue. I see theses kids couple times a week and I will see them in a few minutes. Qb is not healthy, not sayin he won't play but he is not 100% . He played coldspring hurt.

Old Tiger
12-05-2013, 04:58 PM
doomed!

87 TIGER
12-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Come on old tiger have a little faith, u haven't even seen us play this year

Dogman_1969
12-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Maybe the 140 lb linebacker will get some blocks thrown on him by our 132 lb linemen.......Rumors on this board have half the Tigers injured, the coaches out with the runs and the other half of the Tigers scared of the dark. Gonna be a slobber knocker in some shi##y weather and I suspect the Tigers to win it on a field goal.......

Old Tiger
12-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Come on old tiger have a little faith, u haven't even seen us play this year

I didn't post that as a negative for Rockdale! I'm rooting for them!

Yoe_09
12-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Trust me wr tore acl and out, qb has an issue. I see theses kids couple times a week and I will see them in a few minutes. Qb is not healthy, not sayin he won't play but he is not 100% . He played coldspring hurt.

Shoulder?

coach
12-06-2013, 08:29 AM

What FF team you think had a better defense?

2002 Kyle Lightsey lead defense.

gameface
12-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Go get'em Tigers! LG believes in you!

JOBU
12-06-2013, 10:10 AM

That was a good team but I think this team has a much better defense. The speed this team has is by far ahead of that team.

JOBU
12-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Maybe the 140 lb linebacker will get some blocks thrown on him by our 132 lb linemen.......Rumors on this board have half the Tigers injured, the coaches out with the runs and the other half of the Tigers scared of the dark. Gonna be a slobber knocker in some shi##y weather and I suspect the Tigers to win it on a field goal.......

This is hilarious make sure the coach has plenty of TP then!!! LOL

87 TIGER
12-06-2013, 10:25 AM
You know the lightsey's live here too? They are cousins I believe. There is a connection between the power plants in Rockdale and Fairfield. In the paper here a few years back when we played they were calling it the coal bowl. Our # 57 on defense is somehow related , his grandfather is married to a lightsey.

coach
12-06-2013, 02:05 PM
You know the lightsey's live here too? They are cousins I believe. There is a connection between the power plants in Rockdale and Fairfield. In the paper here a few years back when we played they were calling it the coal bowl. Our # 57 on defense is somehow related , his grandfather is married to a lightsey.

Yea, i have played flag football with a couple of those lightseys before. My step dad lived in Rockdale a while and one of my best friends lfamily is from Rockdale. The Ballews

coach
12-06-2013, 02:06 PM
That was a good team but I think this team has a much better defense. The speed this team has is by far ahead of that team.

The front 7 of that 02 team was head over hills better than this team imo. Also, I dont think there are too many guys faster than Brian Evans on this team either.

87 TIGER
12-06-2013, 02:17 PM
Yea, i have played flag football with a couple of those lightseys before. My step dad lived in Rockdale a while and one of my best friends lfamily is from Rockdale. The Ballews

I might know him I know the ballews went to school with them

Old Tiger
12-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Played some pick up games with all the Lightsey's in Rockdale. Russ is my cousin and for as good of football players as they were, they are even better beer drinkers.

87 TIGER
12-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Out the door headed to Waco , Go Tigers!