PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the Class 3A Div II State Championship ?

1971Coogs
12-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Who will win the Class 3A Div II State Championship ?
If you pick the winner, you are eligible for a $50 gift certificate from Coogs Sports Net.
Winner will be determined by the following rules;
1) Member picks the correct team prior to the semi-finals matchup (final four).

2) Tie breaker will be determined by member selecting the combined number of points scored by both teams in the state championship game.

3) It's possible to have multiple winners, in which case Coogs Sports Net will award multiple gift certificates.

Good luck !!

thank you for joining in

Mike Lockwood
Coogs Sports Net

If you are not a member...you can join up just for this one contest !

Here is the thread location http://www.coogsports.net/forums/threads/who-will-be-class-3a-div-ii-state-champion.5489/

1971Coogs
12-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Well I've decided to up the odds...

If you pick the winner, you are eligible for a $100 check from Coogs Sports Net.
Winner will be determined by the following rules;
1) Member picks the correct team prior to the quarter-finals matchup (final eight).
2) Tie breaker will be determined by member selecting the combined number of points scored by both teams in the state championship game.
3) It's possible to have multiple winners, in which case Coogs Sports Net will award multiple checks.

Here is the thread location http://www.coogsports.net/forums/thr...champion.5489/ (http://www.coogsports.net/forums/threads/who-will-be-class-3a-div-ii-state-champion.5489/)

Pudlugger
12-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Fairfield

1971Coogs
12-01-2013, 04:58 PM
It is not necessary to enter the cumulative score for the state title game until the week prior to that game. That is if you picked one of the two teams that are in the finals. That is the tie breaker for that game if there are more than two members who picked the same finalist.

To qualify for the $100 check you must register and vote at www.coogsports.net

1971Coogs
12-01-2013, 06:14 PM
The poll will close Thursday at midnight 12/05/2013.

87coog
12-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Argyle

Rabid Cougar
12-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Fairfield

jason
12-03-2013, 05:27 PM
I think he wants you to register at his site and vote....

smart marketing ploy i guess...

coach
12-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Argyle.

That way if I am wrong, Ill be even more excited seeing FF win it all. If I am right , i will be pissed bt get some keesh to spend on a sweet tatoo or stripper.

jason
12-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Argyle.

That way if I am wrong, Ill be even more excited seeing FF win it all. If I am right , i will be pissed bt get some keesh to spend on a sweet tatoo or stripper.
you going to cowboys on the 20th?

Old Tiger
12-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Please do not post links to other message boards unless approved by an administrator. You are in violation of 3adownlow rules of advertising.

movethechain
12-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Argyle, And That's A Fact Jack !!!

Well, it will soon be a fact.

garciap77
12-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Steers!

coach
12-04-2013, 08:12 AM
you going to cowboys on the 20th?

yea. got a horel. will be there saturday too. dont tell my principle but im missing school that friday.

WhartonTigers
12-04-2013, 09:26 AM
La Vernia

jason
12-04-2013, 09:32 AM
yea. got a horel. will be there saturday too. dont tell my principle but im missing school that friday.

I will be there too. TSU is closed that day so I will be there early. Saturday is TBD - depends on the matchups.

87 TIGER
12-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Rockdale Tigers !!!!

TXfootballboi!
12-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Argyle is bringing the ship back to north texas

LV_Bearfan
12-04-2013, 08:22 PM
La Vernia

Thanks. Glad you think so. One week at a time and who knows....
Didn't expect anyone to throw LV out there.
Bears weren't even in a regional top ten.
Dream season so far.

Rattler
12-04-2013, 08:31 PM
The GRAHAM STEERS!

regaleagle
12-04-2013, 08:54 PM
It's time to stand up and be counted. I'm standing....tall....for the Argyle Eagles. If this team is not the very best team in 3A, I want to see that team. Carthage vs Argyle would be, imo, the 3A GOTY. I've studied the rest of the best. A few may be able to hang with Argyle for 4 qtrs.....a couple. Those teams would be fighting to stay up with the Eagles. I will say now for the first time all season....bring the best you got. I don't care what who you beat or what you did last season....bring it on. It's time to stand up and be counted. End of story.

bearbear78
12-04-2013, 09:17 PM
It's time to stand up and be counted. I'm standing....tall....for the Argyle Eagles. If this team is not the very best team in 3A, I want to see that team. Carthage vs Argyle would be, imo, the 3A GOTY. I've studied the rest of the best. A few may be able to hang with Argyle for 4 qtrs.....a couple. Those teams would be fighting to stay up with the Eagles. I will say now for the first time all season....bring the best you got. I don't care what who you beat or what you did last season....bring it on. It's time to stand up and be counted. End of story.

LoL....

LV_Bearfan
12-04-2013, 09:31 PM

Inspiring and passionate.

hollywood
12-04-2013, 10:29 PM

Regal, you have a lot of passion for Argyle, I'll give you that. But studied the rest of the best? LOL Yeah, right!

You've just read what others are saying and the rest is a guess. I've seen Gilmer. They were good, but far from an elite team. Only elite team I know of this year is Aledo. That my friend is a complete team. There are several teams in 3A I would bet that could give Argyle all they wanted. Match ups are part of it.

hollywood
12-04-2013, 10:31 PM
LoL....

First thing I've agreed with you on! Lol

LV TRADITION
12-05-2013, 12:21 AM
Thank you Wharton for the support.

regaleagle
12-05-2013, 04:56 AM
Actually, I get on the internet and look at filmclips, read about each team as much as possible(at least those still standing), check out their season stats(which are gonna be skewed, but look at them anyway), check out the rosters(there's much to be learned here) and check the wins(or losses) with the teams they played. Call it football investigation if you will.....it makes the games more exciting when you know something about the teams other than what some posters write on this site. Surely you don't think for one second I automatically believe what's written here, do you??? A little due diligence goes a long way. I think Graham will prove to be vulnerable if not this week, then possibly next week if Argyle doesn't get upset in this week's icebowl with Gladewater. They are multifaceted on offense and have a decent defense.....that's better than most. Fairfield is a team that has my attention, but we'll know more after this week about them. I don't think anybody wonders about Argyle like some of the other teams still standing. Nothing wrong with homerism....it should be expected. I've held back to see how this Eagles team would round out without Sizelove & Hackney. Better than I thought. Those sophs HAVE contributed and the depth IS there. The talent wasn't the question.....the experience level was. Argyle will be one tough nut for any team in 3A to beat this season, which should be no revelation to anyone by now. I realize it's tough to hear these words if your team is one that is also vying for a title. Good for them....Argyle is capable of winning every game this season. I really believe this team will win it all now, or I wouldn't have stuck my neck out. Besides, I think the boyz deserve a little credit on this board from one of their biggest fans.

bearbear78
12-05-2013, 07:07 AM
First thing I've agreed with you on! Lol

No it's not, your pride just doesn't allow you to always admit it...you know I know that you know bears right! :)

1971Coogs
12-05-2013, 08:07 AM
The chance to win $100 from Coogs Sports Net will end on Thursday 12/05/13 at midnight. Please place your vote on who you think will win the Class 3A Div II state championship.
The thread is located here http://www.coogsports.net/forums/threads/who-will-be-class-3a-div-ii-state-champion.5489/page-2#post-43945

1971Coogs
12-05-2013, 08:10 AM
I think he wants you to register at his site and vote....

smart marketing ploy i guess...More than anything, I like hosting a competitive poll that offers more than just a vote for your hometown team. Those who vote do actually have a chance to win $100 bucks

1971Coogs
12-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Please do not post links to other message boards unless approved by an administrator. You are in violation of 3adownlow rules of advertising.
Understood...not trying to offend anyone. Just an invitation to a friendly competition. If you go to the Coogs Sports Net website, you will see the 3ADownlow website is promoted in a big way. It is on the homepage in prime time.

coach
12-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Understood...not trying to offend anyone. Just an invitation to a friendly competition. If you go to the Coogs Sports Net website, you will see the 3ADownlow website is promoted in a big way. It is on the homepage in prime time.

dont mind him. Old tiger has broken every rule there is.

Dawgkillr
12-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Actually, I get on the internet and look at filmclips, read about each team as much as possible(at least those still standing), check out their season stats(which are gonna be skewed, but look at them anyway), check out the rosters(there's much to be learned here) and check the wins(or losses) with the teams they played. Call it football investigation if you will.....it makes the games more exciting when you know something about the teams other than what some posters write on this site. Surely you don't think for one second I automatically believe what's written here, do you??? A little due diligence goes a long way. I think Graham will prove to be vulnerable if not this week, then possibly next week if Argyle doesn't get upset in this week's icebowl with Gladewater. They are multifaceted on offense and have a DECENT DEFENSE.....that's better than most. Fairfield is a team that has my attention, but we'll know more after this week about them. I don't think anybody wonders about Argyle like some of the other teams still standing. Nothing wrong with homerism....it should be expected. I've held back to see how this Eagles team would round out without Sizelove & Hackney. Better than I thought. Those sophs HAVE contributed and the depth IS there. The talent wasn't the question.....the experience level was. Argyle will be one tough nut for any team in 3A to beat this season, which should be no revelation to anyone by now. I realize it's tough to hear these words if your team is one that is also vying for a title. Good for them....Argyle is capable of winning every game this season. I really believe this team will win it all now, or I wouldn't have stuck my neck out. Besides, I think the boyz deserve a little credit on this board from one of their biggest fans.

:fnypost:You are definitely no Sherlock Holmes!

jason
12-05-2013, 08:53 AM
so you have to sign up just to read?

1971Coogs
12-05-2013, 09:08 AM
so you have to sign up just to read?You have to sign up to vote for the competition. I've had my website hacked 3 times by non-registered members over the years. So I had to start asking for those interested in reading the forum to register. Sorry for the inconvenience.

MajorApplehorn
12-05-2013, 11:43 AM
:fnypost:You are definitely no Sherlock Holmes!

I have seen Graham 3 times this season. I know the Graham guys say their defense is really strong. I however don't see it. I have also seen Argyle, Kilgore, and, Gilmer. All 3 of those defenses are far and away better than Graham's. Not trying to take jabs at Graham. Just stating what I have seen. Graham could win it all, but if defense really wins championships, then give me Kilgore and Argyle.

hollywood
12-05-2013, 12:26 PM
I have seen Graham 3 times this season. I know the Graham guys say their defense is really strong. I however don't see it. I have also seen Argyle, Kilgore, and, Gilmer. All 3 of those defenses are far and away better than Graham's. Not trying to take jabs at Graham. Just stating what I have seen. Graham could win it all, but if defense really wins championships, then give me Kilgore and Argyle.

I keep hearing this as well. I keep having to raise the question, who has Graham played that has been a strong offensive opponent? The schedule they have played so far is mediocre at best. The game against Shallowater will tell us a lot and if they make it past them, an Argyle match up will tell us even more. It's easy to think if all you've watched is Graham play. If you step out of Graham and go watch other top rated teams play, it brings everything the Graham fans are saying back into perspective. ;)

MajorApplehorn
12-05-2013, 12:33 PM
I keep hearing this as well. I keep having to raise the question, who has Graham played that has been a strong offensive opponent? The schedule they have played so far is mediocre at best. The game against Shallowater will tell us a lot and if they make it past them, an Argyle match up will tell us even more. It's easy to think if all you've watched is Graham play. If you step out of Graham and go watch other top rated teams play, it brings everything the Graham fans are saying back into perspective. ;)

Nail on the head.

And that is not a knock on Graham or their schedule. You schedule who you can. But...I have seen other top teams, and they APPEAR to be better, at least defensively.

waterboy
12-05-2013, 01:12 PM
I think Argyle wins it this year. Of course, I haven't seen Fairfield, yet, so I can't give an opinion on them. I'm just going by what I've seen. Put me down for an Argyle / Fairfield matchup in the SC game, with Argyle pulling it out in the end. That should be a FUN game, for sure.

GrTigers6
12-05-2013, 01:49 PM

Well if their defense is as good as last years defense when they played us then they will be very competitive. They did an outstanding job on one of the better offenses that I saw last year. I believe we had one of the top 5 offenses in the state and they kept us in check all day for the most part.

regaleagle
12-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Well if their defense is as good as last years defense when they played us then they will be very competitive. They did an outstanding job on one of the better offenses that I saw last year. I believe we had one of the top 5 offenses in the state and they kept us in check all day for the most part.

Well now I'm confused. Gilmer said their team this season was much better than last year's, yet Graham's defense could not stop them. You stated that GR was a top offensive group last season and Graham played a great defensive game against GR. Sounds to me like it really doesn't matter, though.....that was last season. All I know is any team in 3A playing against Argyle this season will need to play their very best game of the season to win....and that probably still won't be good enough. That's just how good this team really is. Great offensive team, great defensive team, great special teams, great coaches, great talent pool of players, great depth. Good luck to all.

Oh....and I almost forgot to mention size and speed. Great size and speed at every position too.

1971Coogs
12-05-2013, 02:31 PM
this turned out to be a nice thread.

waterboy
12-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Well now I'm confused. Gilmer said their team this season was much better than last year's, yet Graham's defense could not stop them. You stated that GR was a top offensive group last season and Graham played a great defensive game against GR. Sounds to me like it really doesn't matter, though.....that was last season. All I know is any team in 3A playing against Argyle this season will need to play their very best game of the season to win....and that probably still won't be good enough. That's just how good this team really is. Great offensive team, great defensive team, great special teams, great coaches, great talent pool of players, great depth. Good luck to all.

Oh....and I almost forgot to mention size and speed. Great size and speed at every position too.

Y'all got some of that "East Texas Speed" going on over there! LOL!

Big, strong, fast, physical, well-coached, and execution....a VERY tough combination to stop!

hollywood
12-05-2013, 03:16 PM

Because one of the key players for GR was hurt and no effective. If he played, it would have been a lot closer. It would be like Gonzo for Graham being hurt.

Scooter
12-05-2013, 04:14 PM

couldn't agree more with this. i have seen graham play twice this year and was at the Gilmer/Argyle game. Both Gilmer and Argyle impressed me a lot more than the Graham squad. Argyle is the real deal bringing the size,speed, and that ball hog #5 who really impressed me. IMO Argyle wins it all this year. They are anchored by that massive offensive line that you don't see every day in 3A football. tough tough team to stop.

1971Coogs
12-05-2013, 06:47 PM

Fairfield
18 vote(s) (http://www.coogsports.net/forums/threads/who-will-be-class-3a-div-ii-state-champion.5489/poll/results?poll_response_id=475)
56.3%

Graham
3 vote(s) (http://www.coogsports.net/forums/threads/who-will-be-class-3a-div-ii-state-champion.5489/poll/results?poll_response_id=476)
9.4%

Rockdale
1 vote(s) (http://www.coogsports.net/forums/threads/who-will-be-class-3a-div-ii-state-champion.5489/poll/results?poll_response_id=477)
3.1%

Shallowater
0 vote(s)
0.0%

Gladewater
0 vote(s)
0.0%

Argyle
10 vote(s) (http://www.coogsports.net/forums/threads/who-will-be-class-3a-div-ii-state-champion.5489/poll/results?poll_response_id=480)
31.3%

Sinton
0 vote(s)
0.0%

La Vernia
0 vote(s)
0.0%

This is how the vote is looking so far over at CSN

bearbear78
12-05-2013, 06:52 PM
So with that being said, can you enlighten the rest of the class on what weaknesses you observed with the Steers defense? Facts not opinions please.

bearbear78
12-05-2013, 06:57 PM

STAND UP and be counted!!!!!

Roughneck93
12-05-2013, 07:07 PM

Fairfield

18 vote(s) (http://www.coogsports.net/forums/threads/who-will-be-class-3a-div-ii-state-champion.5489/poll/results?poll_response_id=475)
56.3%
Graham

3 vote(s) (http://www.coogsports.net/forums/threads/who-will-be-class-3a-div-ii-state-champion.5489/poll/results?poll_response_id=476)
9.4%
Rockdale

1 vote(s) (http://www.coogsports.net/forums/threads/who-will-be-class-3a-div-ii-state-champion.5489/poll/results?poll_response_id=477)
3.1%
Shallowater

0 vote(s)
0.0%
Gladewater

0 vote(s)
0.0%
Argyle

10 vote(s) (http://www.coogsports.net/forums/threads/who-will-be-class-3a-div-ii-state-champion.5489/poll/results?poll_response_id=480)
31.3%
Sinton

0 vote(s)
0.0%
La Vernia

0 vote(s)
0.0%

Trying to vote now, but it shows the poll closed at 11:45 this morning.

bearbear78
12-05-2013, 07:11 PM

Good thing bandwagons are imaginary. ..if not somebody would have a sore arse with all the hopping they do....not mentioning any names... (:

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2013, 11:09 PM

Fairfield
56.3%

Graham
9.4%

Rockdale
3.1%

Shallowater
0 vote(s)
0.0%

Gladewater
0 vote(s)
0.0%

Argyle
31.3%

Sinton
0 vote(s)
0.0%

La Vernia
0 vote(s)
0.0%

So no winner when Region IV wins it :1popcorn:

Ville-D
12-05-2013, 11:42 PM

Hollywood is that you?

Scooter
12-05-2013, 11:47 PM
So with that being said, can you enlighten the rest of the class on what weaknesses you observed with the Steers defense? Facts not opinions please.

He is just saying that Argyle, Kilgore, and Gilmer have a better defense... I have seen Argyle and Gilmer and I agree with his statement. Graham has a good defense don't get me wrong but Argyle and Gilmer are on a different playing field.. but i don't think this will become visible to the Graham fans until they run into Argyle... same thing happened last year to Graham from what the score shows...

TXfootballboi!
12-06-2013, 12:16 AM
Well im saying this... the ville is the best team in 3a regardless of who they play. Yes they barely beat big spring but when a great team is struggling they still find a way to win. Clearly that's what they did. But in D2! Argyle is gonna take it all. Im tired of this east texas or this and that. Argyle is bringing the trophy back to north rexas and the ville will win back to back

Aguilafanatico
12-06-2013, 12:20 AM
Well im saying this... the ville is the best team in 3a regardless of who they play. Yes they barely beat big spring but when a great team is struggling they still find a way to win. Clearly that's what they did. But in D2! Argyle is gonna take it all. Im tired of this east texas or this and that. Argyle is bringing the trophy back to north rexas and the ville will win back to back

Flawed poll if Sinton, Rockdale and Shollowater have more votes than Argyle. Homer poll. Take another drink and try again.

TXfootballboi!
12-06-2013, 12:46 AM
Don't get me wrong. Im a fan of argyle! I have just seen the ville play more and im a fan of them but argyle has my support all throughout the playoffs! I have been telling them to watch out for them eagles

1971Coogs
12-06-2013, 07:14 AM
Final vote tally

Fairfield
56.3%

Graham
9.4%

Rockdale
3.1%

Shallowater
0 vote(s)
0.0%

Gladewater
0 vote(s)
0.0%

Argyle
31.3%

Sinton
0 vote(s)
0.0%

La Vernia
0 vote(s)
0.0%

1971Coogs
12-06-2013, 08:03 AM
Flawed poll if Sinton, Rockdale and Shollowater have more votes than Argyle. Homer poll. Take another drink and try again.
Argyle has 31.3% of the votes...take another drink and look again :spitlol:

Aguilafanatico
12-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Argyle has 31.3% of the votes...take another drink and look again :spitlol:

Touché. :vrycnfsd:

87 TIGER
12-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Rockdale Tigers !

1971Coogs
12-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Touché. :vrycnfsd:Love it :cool:

hollywood
12-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Hollywood is that you?

LOL... ok Ville-D. You know better. ;)

1971Coogs
12-14-2013, 08:27 AM
Fairfield

56.3%
Graham

9.4%
Rockdale

3.1%
Shallowater

0 vote(s)
0.0%
Gladewater

0 vote(s)
0.0%
Argyle

31.3%
Sinton

0 vote(s)
0.0%
La Vernia

0 vote(s)
0.0%

Well so far...there are 18 eligible winners for the $100 prize over at Coogs Sports Net. After Fairfield's opponent is determined on Saturday there will be more. Those who have voted in the contest will need to login and post up what they think will be the combined scored of both teams. This will be the tie breaker rule if needed.

1971Coogs
12-15-2013, 12:41 AM
Thank you for those who voted in the "Who will win the title in Class 3A Div II" competion over at Coogs Sports Net. If you voted for Fairfield or Argyle, you will need to log in and post up what you think the total combined score (of both teams) will be. There are 18 who voted for Fairfield and 10 who voted for Argyle.

Here is how you will win the $100 prize
a) the team you selected must win
b) if you come closest to the total combined score......YOU ARE THE WINNER !

If more than one member picks the same winner and combined score....there will be multiple winners.

Here is the link for the thread http://www.coogsports.net/forums/threads/who-will-be-class-3a-div-ii-state-champion.5489/page-3#post-44076

Good luck and don't forget to post up the total combined score before the opening kickoff next Friday 12/20/13 @ 4:00pm.

Mike Lockwood
Coogs Sports Net

1971Coogs
12-18-2013, 04:16 PM
This is a second reminder for those of you who haven't logged into Coogs Sports Net recently. If you voted for Fairfield or Argyle, you will need to log in and post up what you think the total combined score (of both teams) will be. There are 18 who voted for Fairfield and 10 who voted for Argyle.

Here is how you will win the $100 prize
a) the team you selected must win
b) if you come closest to the total combined score......YOU ARE THE WINNER !

If more than one member picks the same winner and combined score....there will be multiple winners.

Here is the link for the thread http://www.coogsports.net/forums/threads/who-will-be-class-3a-div-ii-state-champion.5489/page-3#post-44076

Good luck and don't forget to post up the total combined score before the opening kickoff Friday 12/20/13 @ 4:00pm.

Mike Lockwood
Coogs Sports Net

Manso/V8
12-20-2013, 01:14 AM

The comments about Stephenville seem kind of funny now.