PDA

View Full Version : 3A D2 Reg I Finals: Graham (13-0) Vs Shallowater (13-0)

Pages : [1] 2

Rattler
12-01-2013, 12:20 AM
Who win this Battle?

regaleagle
12-01-2013, 12:33 AM
Who win this Battle?

Whomever wins will be undefeated....that's a guarantee.

hollywood
12-01-2013, 09:05 AM
The way Graham's defense is playing in the playoffs, Graham should win convencingly. But, Shallowater will push the envelope more than any team they have faced in a while. Looking forward to a Graham/Argyle semis. That will be a game!

Caprocker
12-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Where and when?

Sweetwater Red
12-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Where and when?

7 pm Friday at Mustang Bowl in Sweetwater.

#1 TEXAN
12-01-2013, 11:21 AM
I will take graham by 28+

Mustangfan
12-01-2013, 01:07 PM
The high in Sweetwater on Friday is supposed to be 36° with a chance of rain/sleet/snow. Weather will be a factor in the game, hopefully it will not be too windy though.

Sville
12-01-2013, 03:25 PM
I will take graham by 28+

Padilla has Graham as a 6 point favorite.

toddg
12-01-2013, 03:30 PM
7 pm Friday at Mustang Bowl in Sweetwater.
well..it just makes sense that Shallowater play in Sweetwater...

Old Tiger
12-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Shallowater by as many as they want.

#1 TEXAN
12-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Padilla has Graham as a 6 point favorite.

I guess we will see who is closer won't we!!

#1 TEXAN
12-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Graham 49 Vernon 20 starters didn't play 4th
Graham 42 Estacado 6 starters pulled at half.

Shallowater 37 Estacado 21
Shallowater 35 Vernon 26

I know scores don't matter at this point anyone can win, just the common opponents we played.

defense51
12-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Shallowater by a td.

Smitty
12-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Graham by 17

hollywood
12-01-2013, 05:29 PM
We all know matchups differ from week to week. One team may match up better against another common opponent.

How is Shallowater's OL/DL?

Steer81
12-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Steers defense will win them games like this. Wylie,Vernon,W Falls Hir,Burk,Castleberry, Glen Rose,Lubbock Est, run game ALL SHUT Down! Tough to run on this Def.

bearbear78
12-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Steers defense will win them games like this. Wylie,Vernon,W Falls Hir,Burk,Castleberry, Glen Rose,Lubbock Est, run game ALL SHUT Down! Tough to run on this Def.
Agreed ...Steer D is just that strong.

Steer Alum
12-01-2013, 07:13 PM
gonna be a good hard fought game, but it'll end up graham by atleast 14 if the steers D can slow down #35.

hollywood
12-01-2013, 07:51 PM
How is Shallowater's OL/DL?

hollywood
12-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Let's get down to it.

We all know the players and coaches are only focussing on Shallowater this week.

What are some of Graham's posters thoughts on a possible Argyle match up next week? How do the Steer's match up to the Eagle's?

slingshot
12-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Let's get down to it.

We all know the players and coaches are only focussing on Shallowater this week.

What are some of Graham's posters thoughts on a possible Argyle match up next week? How do the Steer's match up to the Eagle's?Watched them both--Argyle by 2 TD's...

Old Tiger
12-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Let's get down to it.

What are some of Graham's posters thoughts on a possible Argyle match up next week? How do the Steer's match up to the Eagle's?
Remember Gilmer last year? Much of the same this year but it will be Argyle's turn

slingshot
12-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Remember Gilmer last year? Much of the same this year but it will be Argyle's turnGraham has a very good team--Argyle is just that much better... I honestly think they are 2 TD's better than any other 3A team in the state right now...

Scooter
12-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Sounds like weather could be an issue for this game, Who ever can get the running game going wins this ball game. seems like shallowater has been taking care of business on the ground all year. shallowater by 7

Scooter
12-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Gilmer's east Texas speed could do nothing to stop Argyle's Texas Tech commit #5. He will be all over the field as he was against gilmer. Argyle wins this one fairly easy in my opinion

bearbear78
12-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Graham beats Shallowater by 28+ and then we beat the eagles by 10...yes we are that good.. no team has came close..Graham is at Jerry World this year..

bearbear78
12-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Sounds like weather could be an issue for this game, Who ever can get the running game going wins this ball game. seems like shallowater has been taking care of business on the ground all year. shallowater by 7

Until they meet the Steer D..then it is round ball time for Shallowater..I hear their RB can dunk so they got something going for them there

Old Tiger
12-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Graham beats Shallowater by 28+ and then we beat the eagles by 10...yes we are that good.. no team has came close..Graham is at Jerry World this year..

http://cdn.crushable.com/files/2012/07/jlaw-okay.gif

You haven't played a team worth a damn all season so of course none have come close till this week and next week.

defense51
12-01-2013, 08:49 PM
http://cdn.crushable.com/files/2012/07/jlaw-okay.gif

You haven't played a team worth a damn all season so of course none have come close till this week and next week.

:fnypost:

Inmateboss
12-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Obviously with the cold weather in the forecast we can all warm up with a pull off Old Tigers bottle!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) - inmateboss

Inmateboss
12-01-2013, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=Old Tiger;

You haven't played a team worth a damn all season so of course none have come close till this week and next week.[/QUOTE]

So you do think we will win!!! Out of 30005 post you were bound to get one right out of all that rambling !!! Bless your heart!!

Old Tiger
12-01-2013, 09:18 PM
So you do think we will win!!! Out of 30005 post you were bound to get one right out of all that rambling !!! Bless your heart!!

I made my prediction at the beginning of playoffs regarding Graham, said y'all would make it this far with ease but would slip up either in the quarterfinals or semifinals because of easy road to playoffs in a weak region.

Scooter
12-01-2013, 10:08 PM
28+???? send me some of what you are on. game will be a dog fight the whole way through. don't see graham lighting up the scoreboard with freezing temps and possible snow.

Inmateboss
12-01-2013, 10:11 PM
I made my prediction at the beginning of playoffs regarding Graham, said y'all would make it this far with ease but would slip up either in the quarterfinals or semifinals because of easy road to playoffs in a weak region.

You may be right, already seen it happen to some good teams this year!! Weather will be a factor and "the bowl" being the second coldest on earth it might ugly!!

bearbear78
12-01-2013, 10:54 PM
28+???? send me some of what you are on. game will be a dog fight the whole way through. don't see graham lighting up the scoreboard with freezing temps and possible snow.yeah, Graham isn't a team that is likely to hang 28+ on an opponent. We have struggled with putting up big numbers and shut outs this year huh? Love it when the Steer haters surface and we just keep on winning.

cr180t
12-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Was shallowater .3a by 1 or 2 kids

bearbear78
12-01-2013, 11:33 PM

Keep making predictions please...steers just keep winning..in spectacular fashion I might add

Scooter
12-02-2013, 12:05 AM
yeah, Graham isn't a team that is likely to hang 28+ on an opponent. We have struggled with putting up big numbers and shut outs this year huh? Love it when the Steer haters surface and we just keep on winning.

You are right graham has played some unbelievable talent this year... LOL. And no one is saying Graham is a bad team, what i am saying is have y'all played an opponent in the playoffs with a winning record yet? i might be wrong but i don't think y'all have... So before you go trying to tell me y'all are the greatest show on turf play a team that is a real contender in these playoffs

bearbear78
12-02-2013, 12:20 AM
You are right graham has played some unbelievable talent this year... LOL. And no one is saying Graham is a bad team, what i am saying is have y'all played an opponent in the playoffs with a winning record yet? i might be wrong but i don't think y'all have... So before you go trying to tell me y'all are the greatest show on turf play a team that is a real contender in these playoffs
Scooter, I don't think anyone is trying to tell YOU anything. Last I checked no team gets to hand pick their opponents, including Graham. We just go play the game and play it well. Not the Steers fault that no team has held a candle yet. We welcome a tough ballgame.

Old Tiger
12-02-2013, 07:44 AM
Scooter, I don't think anyone is trying to tell YOU anything. Last I checked no team gets to hand pick their opponents, including Graham. We just go play the game and play it well. Not the Steers fault that no team has held a candle yet. We welcome a tough ballgame.

You got to pick your pre-district schedule ;) and aside from an average Abilene Wylie team y'all did a poor job of that.

CP3Dad
12-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Let's get down to it.

***Trap Question***Trap Question***
Stay in your stance boys...he's trying to draw us offsides.:tisk:

Slick50
12-02-2013, 09:54 AM

What about the last 2 weeks? You sir are worthless

Old Tiger
12-02-2013, 10:07 AM
What about the last 2 weeks? You sir are worthless

Just poking at you guys, the prediction was obviously hyperbole.

Slick50
12-02-2013, 10:11 AM

That's what I figured, that's why I usually don't waste my time arguing with you like some of these other guys.

Football Junky
12-02-2013, 10:34 AM
I have Graham in this one by 2 TD maybe more it all depend on our D keeping Shallowater's running game in check

bearbear78
12-02-2013, 11:30 AM
Pre didtrict is way out the window now JR. Nice warm up games but we have been destroying every team you pull for to beat us since then. As far as AW that game wasn't close..close is one td or a fg in the final seconds to win it.. that wasn't the case...old tigger , still the defending DB of DBs

bearbear78
12-02-2013, 11:30 AM
Pre didtrict is way out the window now JR. Nice warm up games but we have been destroying every team you pull for to beat us since then. As far as AW that game wasn't close..close is one td or a fg in the final seconds to win it.. that wasn't the case...old tigger , still the defending DB of DBs
District*

bearbear78
12-02-2013, 11:36 AM

More like your little way of saying "awe I was just teasin" every time you make your goof ball predictions. Yep

Old Tiger
12-02-2013, 12:26 PM
More like your little way of saying "awe I was just teasin" every time you make your goof ball predictions. Yep

Like I said go find my post before playoffs started regarding Graham.

bearbear78
12-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Like I said go find my post before playoffs started regarding Graham.

Not gonna waste the time..it probably makes about as much sense as the rest of your post

OldMan7
12-02-2013, 10:05 PM
I think this week will be good for graham not only because it will be the best team they've played all year but also the weather will factor in. It will give graham some challenges and adversity they've needed all year to help them next week against argyle. Have they talked at all about where they will play argyle next week?

hollywood
12-02-2013, 10:29 PM
I think this week will be good for graham not only because it will be the best team they've played all year but also the weather will factor in. It will give graham some challenges and adversity they've needed all year to help them next week against argyle. Have they talked at all about where they will play argyle next week?

I agree OldMan7.

Hearing a Kilgore/Stephenville and Graham/Argyle double header at AT&T stadium. :D

That would be cool though, huh? ;)

Graham has to focus on a powerful Shallowater while Stephenville is focused on a powerful Lubbock Cooper.

Kilgore will have their handsful with Chapel Hill.

Argyle will blow out Gladewater.

May the beat teams prevail!!

OldMan7
12-02-2013, 10:49 PM
I agree OldMan7.

Hearing a Kilgore/Stephenville and Graham/Argyle double header at AT&T stadium. :D

That would be cool though, huh? ;)

Graham has to focus on a powerful Shallowater while Stephenville is focused on a powerful Lubbock Cooper.

Kilgore will have their handsful with Chapel Hill.

Argyle will blow out Gladewater.

May the beat teams prevail!!
I still think graham and stephenville will get through with ease but... Leave AT&T stadium for state, I'd like to see them play at TCU or UNT. Both new stadiums and worth playing in game before state. That's where I want to see graham and argyle play

#1 TEXAN
12-02-2013, 11:07 PM
I agree this is gonna be a good test for Graham both teams have found a way to win every game up to now, myself I think the weather will favor shallowater with the strong ground game they have. I look for the steers D to have another good showing and make it very tough for them to move the ball. Im gonna give shallowater 7 back due to the weather im still taking the steers by 21.

OldMan7
12-02-2013, 11:12 PM
I agree this is gonna be a good test for Graham both teams have found a way to win every game up to now, myself I think the weather will favor shallowater with the strong ground game they have. I look for the steers D to have another good showing and make it very tough for them to move the ball. Im gonna give shallowater 7 back due to the weather im still taking the steers by 21.

Graham already played in the cold once though, not against a good team but graham has the running game with #10 and also the qb. It will be a test but I agree graham will win by 21 plus. It will still be a test cause it is the playoffs and anything can happen at this time

Mustangfan
12-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Man y'all are starting to scare me, I may just have to stay home on Friday not even bother going to the game.

steerz2010
12-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Man y'all are starting to scare me, I may just have to stay home on Friday not even bother going to the game.

No please don't stay home... its sad to look across the field at the support some of these towns give their teams... by all means come cheer your team on... Graham will bring Graham... heck we bring our cops... LOL you could rob us blind on football night...LOL

Rattler
12-03-2013, 08:58 AM
No please don't stay home... its sad to look across the field at the support some of these towns give their teams... by all means come cheer your team on... Graham will bring Graham... heck we bring our cops... LOL you could rob us blind on football night...LOL

:2thumbsup

Deuce
12-03-2013, 10:51 AM
I think the defenses will be the difference in this one. Graham's D has gotten better every week and I think we will be able to slow Shallowater down enough and outscore them. Grahams O can hurt you in many different ways. The weather will dictate how they hurt you!

Deuce
12-03-2013, 10:58 AM
For anyone not paying attention, Graham has given up 1 TD in the last 4 games and that was with our JV on the field!

hollywood
12-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Deuce, most have noticed. Stephenville basically did the same thing until they met a solid opponent. Graham is a very good football team. Defense is strong. Shallowater will have their hands full.

Anyone know how Shallowater's OL/DL are?

Deuce
12-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Would love to hear from the few Vernon posters that are on here!

SteersFootball
12-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Who win this Battle?

I'll take the Steers by 20. It will be close at some points in the game, but I don't see SW hanging around.

toddg
12-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Deuce, most have noticed. Stephenville basically did the same thing until they met a solid opponent. Graham is a very good football team. Defense is strong. Shallowater will have their hands full.

Anyone know how Shallowater's OL/DL are?
to steal CandC'S THUNDER....they are big mean and fast..and have been playing together for 3 years...

Mustangfan
12-03-2013, 12:35 PM
I really have to ask all of the Graham fans on here that are calling for a 21-28 point blowout a question. What are you basing this on? It may end up that way, I have no idea since I have never seen Graham play but I am willing to bet that none of you have seen Shallowater play either. So since I have never seen Graham play, and to be honest some of the talk about a 21-28 point blowout had me thinking that I should not waste my time going to the game in bad weather & all, I decided to do some stat checking.
Graham scores 48.54 points per game vs 45 for Shallowater. Graham gives up 9.08 points per game vs 18.15 for Shallowater. The combined record of all 13 of Grahams opponents this year is 63-84 (3 teams with a winning record). Shallowater's is 84-65 (7 teams with winning records). Based upon this information I cannot see where anyone would see this game as a blowout either way. I can promise you one thing, if all of your prognostications of a 21-28 point blowout come true I will be on here as soon as I get back Friday night to congratulate you and admit I was wrong.

Old Tiger
12-03-2013, 12:45 PM
For anyone not paying attention, Graham has given up 1 TD in the last 4 games and that was with our JV on the field!

Combined opponent records

19-27

toddg
12-03-2013, 12:47 PM
I really have to ask all of the Graham fans on here that are calling for a 21-28 point blowout a question. What are you basing this on? It may end up that way, I have no idea since I have never seen Graham play but I am willing to bet that none of you have seen Shallowater play either. So since I have never seen Graham play, and to be honest some of the talk about a 21-28 point blowout had me thinking that I should not waste my time going to the game in bad weather & all, I decided to do some stat checking.
Graham scores 48.54 points per game vs 45 for Shallowater. Graham gives up 9.08 points per game vs 18.15 for Shallowater. The combined record of all 13 of Grahams opponents this year is 63-84 (3 teams with a winning record). Shallowater's is 84-65 (7 teams with winning records). Based upon this information I cannot see where anyone would see this game as a blowout either way. I can promise you one thing, if all of your prognostications of a 21-28 point blowout come true I will be on here as soon as I get back Friday night to congratulate you and admit I was wrong.

theres a voodoo witch named marie laveau..one of the Graham posters made her his wife..three legged dog and all....

Deuce
12-03-2013, 01:07 PM

19-27

Nothing we can do about that. Our boys just keep taking care of business.

Steer Alum
12-03-2013, 01:45 PM
as to all this talk about graham not playing any salty teams, ill say this. Ive seen this graham team play all year, and they are a legitimate contender. Im saying this completely not biased. They have a stout defense that can shut teams down, and an offense that can hurt a team in several ways. Seen shallowater a little bit on film, and they are very good at what they do. If graham can keep there composure and keep the penalties down, do there assignments defensively.... im taking graham 34-28 for the simple fact i believe their passing attack adds another dimension to this team.

defense51
12-03-2013, 01:58 PM
theres a voodoo witch named marie laveau..one of the Graham posters made her his wife..three legged dog and all....

That won't end well...:crazy1:

hollywood
12-03-2013, 02:02 PM
The reason I ask about Shallowater's OL/DL play is this... Teams that generally advance at this point in the playoffs have very solid OL/DL play. If Shallowater has very good OL/DL play, then the Steers will have their hands full because they will have to score every time they get the ball and stop Shallowater from keeping the clock moving. How ever good Graham thinks their defense is against teams with losing records is, when playing a team that has power all the way around and can throw the ball when needed, the Steer defense will have to play their best game of the year to date. Are they capable, absolutely.

Mustangfan
12-03-2013, 02:11 PM
as to all this talk about graham not playing any salty teams, ill say this. Ive seen this graham team play all year, and they are a legitimate contender. Im saying this completely not biased. They have a stout defense that can shut teams down, and an offense that can hurt a team in several ways. Seen shallowater a little bit on film, and they are very good at what they do. If graham can keep there composure and keep the penalties down, do there assignments defensively.... im taking graham 34-28 for the simple fact i believe their passing attack adds another dimension to this team.

I know that you did not post this to placate me at all but this is a well thought out & reasonable post about the game. That passing attack is the reason that I am hoping for a little moisture to go along with that cold air Friday.

Mustangfan
12-03-2013, 02:29 PM
The reason I ask about Shallowater's OL/DL play is this... Teams that generally advance at this point in the playoffs have very solid OL/DL play. If Shallowater has very good OL/DL play, then the Steers will have their hands full because they will have to score every time they get the ball and stop Shallowater from keeping the clock moving. How ever good Graham thinks their defense is against teams with losing records is, when playing a team that has power all the way around and can throw the ball when needed, the Steer defense will have to play their best game of the year to date. Are they capable, absolutely.

Our line play on both sides are two of the strengths of the team IMO we are a little undersized overall but they have played together 2 or 3 years. Until the last 2 weeks our run defense was outstanding but both Monahans and Vernon were able to run against us. No excuses but against Monahans it was cold & miserable and I think that lead to some poor tackling on both sides, plus Monahans had 2 very good backs. Against Vernon for some reason we seemed to let up after we got a 21-6 lead and I'm sure Vernon made some good adjustments at halftime. Black has almost 2,900 yards for the year so they must be doing something right.

I have another question for the Graham fans & I do not mean this as a flame at all. There were 2 players ejected from the game Sat. one for Estacado & one from Graham according to the radio broadcast & they never gave any names. I was wondering what the UIL rule is on this. Is there any additional punishment per the UIL, such as being suspended for the next game, or is that left up to the individual coach?

Rattler
12-03-2013, 03:02 PM
9-2-2-d-PENALTY—Disqualification for the remainder of the game and the team’s next game [S27 and
S47]. Administer as a dead ball foul; penalty enforced at the succeeding spot, and Team B fouls do not require a
first down. Team timeout. VIOLATION—Rules 3-3-6 and 3-4-2-b [S23, S3 or S21]. If the disqualification occurs
during the last game of a season, players with eligibility remaining will serve the next-game disqualification
during the first game of the next season for which they are eligible.

EXCEPTION: 9-2-2-d-PENALTY. For UIL games, disqualification is for remainder of game only.

Deuce
12-03-2013, 03:13 PM

I think u way underestimate our D-line!

Rattler
12-03-2013, 03:19 PM

I think most do also......Just think about it with names like "Tiny" , "Husky" and "Meathead" would you be scared?

Dawgkillr
12-03-2013, 03:27 PM
I think the defenses will be the difference in this one. Graham's D has gotten better every week and I think we will be able to slow Shallowater down enough and outscore them. Grahams O can hurt you in many different ways. The weather will dictate how they hurt you!

I am looking forward to watching the Battle in the trenches friday night. From what I have seen on film the Shallowater OL is solid. They get to the second level quickly and find someone to put a hat on. I agree with Duece, Defense will definitely be the difference and this will be a great test for the Steers. Steers by 10 in a low scoring game.

toddg
12-03-2013, 03:28 PM
what do you expect, from a guy that wears bluejean jacket with bell bottoms and dingo boots?!:wave:

#1 TEXAN
12-03-2013, 03:29 PM

I know teams match up different with each team but what bothers me about shallowwater is they had trouble with Lubbock estacado and graham could have beat estacado 70-0, they couldn't even get a positive yard on us. I know at this point any team can win but I'm just looking at 2 common opponents we have played and the results aren't even close, and if you want some more Vernon beats shallowater by 2tds if they don't lose there QB.

Rattler
12-03-2013, 03:30 PM
My Guess is 34 -13 Steers move on.

Steer Alum
12-03-2013, 03:36 PM
I know that you did not post this to placate me at all but this is a well thought out & reasonable post about the game. That passing attack is the reason that I am hoping for a little moisture to go along with that cold air Friday.

i agree. would love to see a much closer game than graham has been having these past few weeks.

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 04:20 PM

19-27

Ole Tigger...LOL...your one brain cell is fighting for dominance and on top of that this Graham Steers team winning winning and winning is just burning you up...poor guy

Old Tiger
12-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Ole Tigger...LOL...your one brain cell is fighting for dominance and on top of that this Graham Steers team winning winning and winning is just burning you up...poor guy

lulz, me posting facts is burning you up inside.

Scooter
12-03-2013, 06:15 PM

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 08:09 PM

If your that easily amused you should really get out more....steers win again this week..in spectacular fashion.21+

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 08:10 PM

Uh yeah , lol....facts huh, rflmao

PEdropout
12-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Has Graham ever played Argyle? Just wondering if there's any history between these two teams.
How do they size up? I'd like to brush up before I make the trip down to watch them play.

OldMan7
12-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Has Graham ever played Argyle? Just wondering if there's any history between these two teams.
How do they size up? I'd like to brush up before I make the trip down to watch them play.

Played in 2007 3rd round I believe in freezing temps with sleet and lost by a close margin. Year graham was really good and McCoy as a sophomore couldn't do anything because of weather

Scooter
12-03-2013, 08:24 PM
If your that easily amused you should really get out more....steers win again this week..in spectacular fashion.21+

did i ask how much the steers would win by? guess thats your one brain cell getting the best of ya

hollywood
12-03-2013, 08:25 PM
We've seen plenty of video on Graham.

What about Shallowater? Anyone know of any footage on them this season?

Scooter
12-03-2013, 08:28 PM
We've seen plenty of video on Graham.

What about Shallowater? Anyone know of any footage on them this season?

I have watched a little film on Shallowater.. looks like a solid offensive line with a very talented running back that will be tough to bring down. as for their defense i am not too impressed with what i have seen.

lostaussie
12-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Is there real football talk on this thread or is bearshit being a dick over here too?

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 08:33 PM
did i ask how much the steers would win by? guess thats your one brain cell getting the best of ya

You like that fact jack? Thought ya would (:

PEdropout
12-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Played in 2007 3rd round I believe in freezing temps with sleet and lost by a close margin. Year graham was really good and McCoy as a sophomore couldn't do anything because of weather

So it's been awhile ! Was hoping to find some form of rivalry there--like Gilmer/Argyle.
I'm going to root the steers in this one. MP 24-14 Graham

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Is there real football talk on this thread or is bearshit being a dick over here too?

What a bear hit aussie? Your so angry that bear just won't be a gilmer fan and didn't pick them to win......have a coke and a smile and cheer up dude ..still plenty of football for you to watch man...its always football talk, until someone doesn't agree with you.

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 08:39 PM
So it's been awhile ! Was hoping to find some form of rivalry there--like Gilmer/Argyle.
I'm going to root the steers in this one. MP 24-14 Grahamit will be a hell of a game if it happens..gotta get past Shallowater first...can't go wrong going to a Argyle vs Graham 2013 game...if it goes down

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 08:42 PM

U seem to have a major obsession with this four letter word there aussie...was that suppose to be an A in your name or was it a typo? Your the guy that makes the attempt to talk smack the minute someone doesn't bow down and pick gilmer...kinda on you dude!

Scooter
12-03-2013, 08:43 PM

more like delusional :vrycnfsd::vrycnfsd:

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 08:52 PM
more like delusional :vrycnfsd::vrycnfsd:hmmm

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 08:54 PM
more like delusional :vrycnfsd::vrycnfsd:

Your not even making any sense now...obviously defenseless. .so ima let ya have the floor....its pointless at this point...why on earth would I pick an undefeated top ranked team to win scooter?? That is insane huh? SMH

Scooter
12-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Your not even making any sense now...obviously defenseless. .so ima let

you didn't finish your sentence.. were you going to say graham by 100?

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 08:56 PM
you didn't finish your sentence.. were you going to say graham by 100?
Only if we feel like hanging 100

Scooter
12-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Well i doubt anyone puts up 100 points bear... but this game excites me if this is played on friday in the weather that is predicted.. Could end up being who has the best ground and pound game, which will make this game a more level playing field.. graham without a passing game will make things tough for them and make this a actual ball game. look forward to it. hope to see a Graham/Argyle match up. that will be an all out war

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Well i doubt anyone puts 100 bear... but this game excites me if this is played on friday in the weather that is predicted.. Could end up being who has the best ground and pound game, which will make this game a more level playing field.. graham without a passing game will make things tough for them and make this a actual ball game. look forward to it. hope to see a Graham/Argyle match up. that will be an all out war

Ok I'm gonna assume we are going to talk football. Seriously ought to research the steer running game. Thats what I love about this team, air or ground...theyre dangerous

Dawgkillr
12-03-2013, 09:09 PM
I have watched a little film on Shallowater.. looks like a solid offensive line with a very talented running back that will be tough to bring down. as for their defense i am not too impressed with what i have seen.

I agree with you on this and I have watched plenty of film on them.

OldMan7
12-03-2013, 09:09 PM
Well i doubt anyone puts up 100 points bear... but this game excites me if this is played on friday in the weather that is predicted.. Could end up being who has the best ground and pound game, which will make this game a more level playing field.. graham without a passing game will make things tough for them and make this a actual ball game. look forward to it. hope to see a Graham/Argyle match up. that will be an all out war

If it's a ground and pound game then I take graham by 21 plus still. What team has ran on graham yet this year? I think graham is hoping it's a ground pound game

Deuce
12-03-2013, 09:11 PM

You very well could be right with the weather. I still like our chances with our defense though. We have plenty of options with the ground game as well.

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 09:11 PM
To assume graham has no run game is crazy..Gonzo doesn't pound the ball in but that's because he doesn't need to when he is very capable of going in untouched

Dawgkillr
12-03-2013, 09:12 PM
I'm going to root the steers in this one. MP 24-14 Graham

Steers lost that game to Argyle in yhe area round 21-8. I will consider that enough of a rivalry and hope we take care of business this week and get a chance to settle that score.

Scooter
12-03-2013, 09:14 PM
You very well could be right with the weather. I still like our chances with our defense though. We have plenty of options with the ground game as well.

well at least one graham person understood what i said.. was not saying at all that graham couldn't run the football lol.. I've seen graham play and am impressed with what they do on the ground and in the air. what bear just can't get through his little brain is that with graham limited to what they can do in the air it gives shallowater an advantage. but I'm not going to try to explain that to him lol.

Old Tiger
12-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Uh yeah , lol....facts huh, rflmao

Dispute that your previous 4 opponents records are not that? If we don't include the losses to Graham it is 19-24.

But lets beat our chest at beating below average teams!

Deuce
12-03-2013, 09:49 PM
well at least one graham person understood what i said.. was not saying at all that graham couldn't run the football lol.. I've seen graham play and am impressed with what they do on the ground and in the air. what bear just can't get through his little brain is that with graham limited to what they can do in the air it gives shallowater an advantage. but I'm not going to try to explain that to him lol.

IMO, it only takes away the deep threat. Graham will still run shorter pass plays to get our speed in open space. And if #10 gets in space they will be in trouble.

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Too good to be true..I'd ask you to explain how we are limited either way but its pointless...the battle of wits between us is going to have to end..I don't like picking on an unarmed man..you and ole tigger should get together and talk...your brains ought to feel good as new..considering the limited use

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 09:53 PM
IMO, it only takes away the deep threat. Graham will still run shorter pass plays to get our speed in open space. And if #10 gets in space they will be in trouble.

Agree...steers are a threat either way. The few haters keep talking about their weakness and limitations yet they can seem to point them out accurately. Steers are solid all the way around and will prove it again this week

Inmateboss
12-03-2013, 09:59 PM
What's up guys have I missed anything???

hollywood
12-03-2013, 10:03 PM
what's up guys have i missed anything???

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) - inmateboss

lol!!!

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 10:06 PM
What's up guys have I missed anything???

Ohhhh...just me refusing to pay tribute to the E Texans as the all time greats..now I'm running for my life!!!

Scooter
12-03-2013, 10:08 PM
well i guess its impossible to talk football on the Graham thread in a civil manor without bear trying to make things personal.. i can promise you there are no haters on this page.. this is high school football lol. and i agree with deuce #10 is a real threat to who ever the steers play. the swing pass they throw to him has hurt many teams from what I've heard. definitely going to be a challenge for Shallowater to stop. If graham gets the passing game going and weather permits they will be a handful for the mustangs.

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 10:08 PM
lol!!!what are you laughing at hollywood, the Ville is ole tiggers latest target on the threads lol..I'm sure you've already spotted his very educated and intelligent thread lol

refereedoc
12-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Inmate, I think somewhere on the DL BearBear may have been referred to as male genitals.:cheerl:

Old Tiger
12-03-2013, 10:10 PM
what are you laughing at hollywood, the Ville is ole tiggers latest target on the threads lol..I'm sure you've already spotted his very educated and intelligent thread lol

Just posted another fact they did lose to prepa tech last year and won this year

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 10:10 PM
well i guess its impossible to talk football on the Graham thread in a civil manor without bear trying to make things personal.. i can promise you there are no haters on this page.. this is high school football lol. and i agree with deuce #10 is a real threat to who ever the steers play. the swing pass they throw to him has hurt many teams from what I've heard. definitely going to be a challenge for Shallowater to stop. If graham gets the passing game going and weather permits they will be a handful for the mustangs.

Very juvenile scooter...u poke a snake with the stick and he bites you then you stand there innocent and teary eyed saying you were a victim. ..cmon dude

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Inmate, I think somewhere on the DL BearBear may have been referred to as male genitals.:cheerl:
Like 10 times....I don't know where his mind is though lol....hope I can sleep tonight

Old Tiger
12-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Very juvenile scooter...u poke a worm with the stick and he squirms you then you stand there innocent and teary eyed saying you were a victim. ..cmon dude
Fify

garciap77
12-03-2013, 10:14 PM
The steers by 48 points!

Scooter
12-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Very juvenile scooter...u poke a snake with the stick and he bites you then you stand there innocent and teary eyed saying you were a victim. ..cmon dude

what do you think about Grahams defense against Shallowaters tough running attack?

hollywood
12-03-2013, 10:15 PM
I found this to be pretty cool.

Shallowater High is 20 miles from Lubbock Cooper High.

Graham High is 80 miles from Stephenville High.

That's all.

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 10:19 PM
what do you think about Grahams defense against Shallowaters tough running attack?
They will shut it down. The steers D is fast and all over the place and have a nose for the ball. I've watched quite a bit of film on JB from shallowater this last two days and don't get me wrong, he's damn good, but the steers D will contain him.

Inmateboss
12-03-2013, 10:21 PM

Dang and I missed it!! Better back track!!

Old Tiger
12-03-2013, 10:21 PM
I found this to be pretty cool.

Shallowater High is 20 miles from Lubbock Cooper High.

Graham High is 80 miles from Stephenville High.

That's all.

To elaborate 80+20=100

Which is a century and if you multiply a century by 21 you get the 21 st century.

Scooter
12-03-2013, 10:22 PM
They will shut it down. The steers D is fast and all over the place and have a nose for the ball. I've watched quite a bit of film on JB from shallowater this last two days and don't get me wrong, he's damn good, but the steers D will contain him.

i can see SW causing fits for Grahams D-line but grahams linebackers will clean it up. should be a good challenge for the defense and a good warm up before a tough Argyle team.

Inmateboss
12-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Scooter you doubt the steers D ??? Put your glasses on, do some reading and come back and say that!!

Old Tiger
i can see SW causing fits for Grahams D-line but grahams linebackers will clean it up. should be a good challenge for the defense and a good warm up before a tough Argyle team.

A good warm up for the steers basketball program

hollywood
The winner of one of Region 1 finals game will play a team from the "District of Doom".

The winner of the other Region 1 finals game will play a team that either beat a team from the "District of Doom" or a team from the "District of Doom".

The path to the State Championship in the North goes through the "Distirct of Doom". At least according to the people from the "District of Doom". ;)

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Its too easy...ima let ya ramble...ramble on .....ramble on....yes grasshopper....just ramble

Inmateboss
12-03-2013, 10:30 PM

Your from Glen Rose aren't you!! Their the only people I know that get this twisted over Graham!! Would there ever be a point where you would say, I guess graham is the real deal??

Old Tiger
12-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Your from Glen Rose aren't you!! Their the only people I know that get this twisted over Graham!! Would there ever be a point where you would say, I guess graham is the real deal??

My alma mater is still playing and have beat two teams in the playoffs that are better than anyone graham has faced all season.

The only way I would give graham credit is if they win state.

hollywood
12-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Old Tiger, you need to vote. Chalk another one up for Shallowater while you're at it.

Scooter
12-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Scooter you doubt the steers D ??? Put your glasses on, do some reading and come back and say that!!

I'm back from putting on my glasses and reading a little. i stand by my comment. For graham to stop SW running attack they gotta get it done on the line of scrimmage. They might show up and dominate the line who knows thats the fun thing about football. but i see early in the game SW giving graham trouble with the running game

garciap77
12-03-2013, 10:35 PM

Yeah!!! So, make it the Steers by 100 points!

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 10:37 PM
I'm back from putting on my glasses and reading a little. i stand by my comment. For graham to stop SW running attack they gotta get it done on the line of scrimmage. They might show up and dominate the line who knows thats the fun thing about football. but i see early in the game SW giving graham trouble with the running game

Their run game is going meet the Steer Curtain defense..you should make the game and see for yourself...

Scooter
12-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Their run game is going meet the Steer Curtain defense..you should make the game and see for yourself...

I might try to make it depending on what the weather is doing. i think it will be a great game for sure. look forward to seeing the pittsburgh defense. i mean graham's defense

Old Tiger
12-03-2013, 10:39 PM

Steer curtain #lame

Hopefully it ain't the same steel curtain d that's been getting torched all season in the league

hollywood
12-03-2013, 10:40 PM
This game is being played in the Mustang Bowl, right?

toddg
12-03-2013, 10:41 PM
The winner of one of Region 1 finals game will play a team from the "District of Doom".

The winner of the other Region 1 finals game will play a team that either beat a team from the "District of Doom" or a team from the "District of Doom".

The path to the State Championship in the North goes through the "Distirct of Doom". At least according to the people from the "District of Doom". ;)

you mean the "district of THE doomed"?http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10404/fighting0043.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Inmateboss
12-03-2013, 10:43 PM
My alma mater is still playing and have beat two teams in the playoffs that are better than anyone graham has faced all season.

The only way I would give graham credit is if they win state.

Well now your just talking out your HINEY !! Your such a homer you can't stand for anyone else to have something you don't!! You bit the other kids in kindergarten didn't you!!

Old Tiger
12-03-2013, 10:45 PM
Well now your just talking out your HINEY !! Your such a homer you can't stand for anyone else to have something you don't!! You bit the other kids in kindergarten didn't you!!

A homer? I rarely post about my alma mater. The last thing I posted about them was about a game that was played in 2002

Inmateboss
12-03-2013, 10:46 PM
This game is being played in the Mustang Bowl, right?

Yes sir!

Scooter
12-03-2013, 10:48 PM
yes sir!

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) - inmateboss

its going to be cold in the bowl

Scooter
12-03-2013, 10:52 PM
what are some good places to eat in Sweetwater that won't send you to the hospital?

Inmateboss
12-03-2013, 10:53 PM
A homer? I rarely post about my alma mater. The last thing I posted about them was about a game that was played in 2002

So now your saying you don't support your own team!!! So your just out trying to kick sand in some high school kids face because you can!!! Rocket use to do this and was much better at it!! But it's ok Graham doesn't need your support or validation !!! Moving on!!

Old Tiger
12-03-2013, 10:54 PM
So now your saying you don't support your own team!!! So your just out trying to kick sand in some high school kids face because you can!!! Rocket use to do this and was much better at it!! But it's ok Graham doesn't need your support or validation !!! Moving on!!

Not hs kids just the ignorant posters of said town.

Inmateboss
12-03-2013, 10:55 PM
what are some good places to eat in Sweetwater that won't send you to the hospital?

Sonic

Inmateboss
12-03-2013, 10:58 PM

Hahaha bless your heart!!! I'll send you one of our playoff shirts !! Since your alma mater probably won't due to lack of support!!

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 11:02 PM
I'm there every week and here's some sound advise..do NOT eat at the cafe there at the TA truckstop...horrible

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Again...I don't know what makes you soooooo stupid..but it really works....now, ramble on sad fella

Scooter
12-03-2013, 11:10 PM
I'm there every week and here's some sound advise..do NOT eat at the cafe there at the TA truckstop...horrible

trust me i know... my aunt cooks there and she can't cook for crap! bless her heart

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 11:17 PM
trust me i know... my aunt cooks there and she can't cook for crap! bless her heartthey must leave the buffet food out all day because it was really really bad..the popeyes next door saved the day

Steer Alum
12-03-2013, 11:33 PM
any news on injury reports for either team?

hollywood
12-03-2013, 11:43 PM
Meanwhile, back to the program. We apologize for the static you may be experiencing with your receivers.

Hang on folks, I think we have a listener calling in... "Are the Steers and Mustangs still playing Friday because we can't seem to find anything about a football game the past several hours. All we've been hearing are a tiger and a bear growling at each other for the past several hours!"

Scooter
12-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Meanwhile, back to the program. We apologize for the static you may be experiencing with your receivers.

Hang on folks, I think we have a listener calling in... "Are the Steers and Mustangs still playing Friday because we can't seem to find anything about a football game the past several hours. All we've been hearing are a tiger and a bear growling at each other for the past several hours!"

bearbear78
12-03-2013, 11:53 PM

Hey man...just a counter striker here..floatin and stingin , bobbin and weavin....bam

Scooter
12-03-2013, 11:54 PM
Hey man...just a counter striker here..floatin and stingin , bobbin and weavin....bam

and I'm poking him with a stick

bearbear78
12-04-2013, 12:03 AM
and I'm poking him with a stickima have to bring da thunder..I can already tell. On a side note anyone know of a good gun shop here in odessa and not the one on 42nd in the shopping center....wayyyyy over priced

OldMan7
12-04-2013, 12:25 AM

Did I not see you earlier in the year saying Graham's team last year had better leadership and was actually better than the team this year? Now you're saying that graham is the real deal, what changed?

SWAS009
12-04-2013, 02:11 AM
Graham by 14+

Deuce
12-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Some of you guys really need to figure out that some posters on here are kind of like a big pile of cow crap. If you leave it alone it will quit stinking. If you act like a kid and mess with it, the crap will still stink.

Football Junky
12-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Some of you guys really need to figure out that some posters on here are kind of like a big pile of cow crap. If you leave it alone it will quit stinking. If you act like a kid and mess with it, the crap will still stink.

Amen :fnypost:

Slick50
12-04-2013, 10:05 AM
That's no lie. Come on people, talk about the game. Don't reply to idiots.

ICEMAN
12-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Grahams defense dominates Shallowaters offense.
Grahams offense does its thing against Shallowaters defense.

Graham 34 Shallowater 7

Rattler
12-04-2013, 12:04 PM
The look on Shallowater's face when the Graham Defense brings it!!!!

http://v.cdn.vine.co/r/avatars/C2BFD66C0A989309967817678848_pic-r-1378844030566551f5b8c63.jpg_aftro.yJcan88ICSTZbGTT GK4bskn9P4ChxifEtXEBWTNGUhd8mrjoKJrVqeArVc.jpg?ver sionId=2SMHv7YNYk6AfD3gcOhFciMWGg5PuZAk

Scooter
12-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Shallowater 28 Graham 21.. Shallowater controls the tempo of the game with their ground attack and chews up the clock keeping grahams high power offense off the field. This game will be all about the turnovers. with the freezing temps on the way who ever can take care of the football will have a good chance of winning this ball game. looked like grahams center had some trouble in the last cold game they played in.. I'm sure the problem has been taken care of but for the steers to win they can't afford to have snaps flying over the qb's head.

Any news of time change? or is it a go as of right now?

hollywood
12-04-2013, 12:18 PM
I can see this game going either way to be honest.

Graham can dominate if they play error free meaning no turnovers, bad snaps, etc. If not, Shallowater can challenge.

Shallowater can dominate the LOS if their OL/DL play strong enough and that can cause issues for Graham. I've seen teams like Graham get their rythmn disrupted enough because their offense doesn't see the field like they are used to. Shallowater played a very tough Monahans team and won that LOS battle. Lubbock Cooper has a very good OL/DL and Shallowater handled them pretty convincingly.

I'd like to see Graham advance in convincing fashion to take on Argyle. This game will be an interesting one to say the least. I know this, it will be a very physical one for both teams. If Graham comes out of this game handling Shalowater in convincing fashion, then I'd be convinced they are for real.

ICEMAN
12-04-2013, 12:20 PM
I don't think SW's offense is enough for the Steers D. Graham's D is the best defense in this bracket IMO. I love watching them light it up.

As of right now, nothing has been changed and it's still on for friday.

hollywood
12-04-2013, 12:26 PM
I don't think SW's offense is enough for the Steers D. Graham's D is the best defense in this bracket IMO. I love watching them light it up.

As of right now, nothing has been changed and it's still on for friday.

They very well could be ICEMAN. After Friday, a lot will be shown. Shallowater is a very physical team.

ICEMAN
12-04-2013, 12:34 PM
They very well could be ICEMAN. After Friday, a lot will be shown. Shallowater is a very physical team.

I agree 100%. Great test for the steers all the way around.

AverageJoe
12-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Well I'll go ahead and bite the bullet about saying Graham wasn't a top tier team earlier this season, got plenty of flack from the grahamites on that one! Watched them play against Wylie and then again against Estacado and they have improved dramatically since then especially defensively. One of the fastest defenses I've seen in 3a this year for sure. A bit undersized except a giant at defensive end and probably the best safety I've seen play this year in 3a but they play extremely fast and gain tackle as good as anyone. They are explosive offensively but everyone knew that. Great little QB that's a senior he doesn't make many mistakes and gets the ball out quickly and can hurt you with his feet. Really fast RB that they use in the passing game and if he gets a hole he's gone. Nobody's catching him. One dominate receiver that's really physical around 6ft 2 and can jump really well. From what I've seen Graham's only real weakness is their offensive line. But their backfield is good enough that it doesn't really hurt them. I think no matter what the weather is they win this game by atleast 21. Should be an exciting matchup between argyle and graham coming up. I watched argyle and gilmer play and graham matches up against argyle better than they do against gilmer because they stop the run very well. If you stop #5 and their monster RB argyle can be beat, but nobody has done that yet. Will be exciting.

CP3Dad
12-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Well I'll go ahead and bite the bullet about saying Graham wasn't a top tier team earlier this season, got plenty of flack from the grahamites on that one! Watched them play against Wylie and then again against Estacado and they have improved dramatically since then especially defensively. One of the fastest defenses I've seen in 3a this year for sure. A bit undersized except a giant at defensive end and probably the best safety I've seen play this year in 3a but they play extremely fast and gain tackle as good as anyone. They are explosive offensively but everyone knew that. Great little QB that's a senior he doesn't make many mistakes and gets the ball out quickly and can hurt you with his feet. Really fast RB that they use in the passing game and if he gets a hole he's gone. Nobody's catching him. One dominate receiver that's really physical around 6ft 2 and can jump really well. From what I've seen Graham's only real weakness is their offensive line. But their backfield is good enough that it doesn't really hurt them. I think no matter what the weather is they win this game by atleast 21. Should be an exciting matchup between argyle and graham coming up. I watched argyle and gilmer play and graham matches up against argyle better than they do against gilmer because they stop the run very well. If you stop #5 and their monster RB argyle can be beat, but nobody has done that yet. Will be exciting.

Now that was well stated.:clap:
Just win by one, and I'll be happy.

Scooter
12-04-2013, 02:46 PM
This will be just what the steers need before facing off with Argyle. IMO Argyles offensive line is the biggest left in the bracket. they will push you around and let #5 and #22 run all over the place. hope to see a tough graham defense against a very good Argyle football team. but to get there won't be as easy as most think.. Shallowater is going to bring it

Sweetwater Red
12-04-2013, 03:46 PM
latest local forecast

Friday
Mostly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of snow...light sleet and light freezing rain in the morning. Highs in the upper 20s. North winds around 15 mph. Lowest wind chill readings 2 below to 8 above zero in the morning.

Friday Night
Mostly cloudy. Lows around 16.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/weather2.jpg

Scooter
12-04-2013, 04:12 PM
latest local forecast

Friday
Mostly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of snow...light sleet and light freezing rain in the morning. Highs in the upper 20s. North winds around 15 mph. Lowest wind chill readings 2 below to 8 above zero in the morning.

Friday Night
Mostly cloudy. Lows around 16.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/weather2.jpg

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/36/ef/2b/36ef2b9afb05b5ac0bf1b3661b4b2a11.jpg

Picture of bearbear at the last cold game graham played in

Steer Alum
12-04-2013, 04:20 PM
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/36/ef/2b/36ef2b9afb05b5ac0bf1b3661b4b2a11.jpg

regaleagle
12-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Better be wearing your UnderArmor underwear in this one. If you don't have any, better go get some quick, lol. And some darn good socks, too. From what I'm hearing, it's gonna be just as cold in Dallas at Kincaide for Argyle/Gladewater. Maybe some kind of portable propane heater like I use in the deer stand will be allowed, but I doubt it. Things will get dicey when it gets icey....that you can count on. Some kind of facegear might be an appropriate addition to your evening garb as well.

regaleagle
12-04-2013, 04:58 PM
The lastest forecast is calling for the worst part of the freezing rain and ice from Dallas north and east. Looks like Sweetwater may be out of the ice on Friday nite. Of course, the beauty of being a meteorologist is you still get paid for being wrong more than 50% of the time, haha. This weather stormfront is named Cleon.....reminding me of the Star Trek space cadets called Cleons.

bearbear78
12-04-2013, 05:14 PM

Now that's funny...but the bear does very well in cold weather..didn't get the nickname as a joke..I'm hunting down in Llano next weekend and just hope the weather is like it will be this weekend.

Inmateboss
12-04-2013, 07:30 PM

Hahahaha this is what makes the DL fun!!

hollywood
12-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Hahahaha this is what makes the DL fun!!

:D

I'm pulling for Graham brotha! Ben Davis is a stud! Good family too.

Inmateboss
12-04-2013, 07:40 PM
You'll never catch me not supporting the steers!! We are the real deal!!! And as for earlier, any reference to last years team was made In defense of last years team!! You can support your team without being negative of another, and that's water under the bridge, if you want it to be!!

Inmateboss
12-04-2013, 07:41 PM
:D

I'm pulling for Graham brotha! Ben Davis is a stud! Good family too.

Very much so!! Awesome athlete and he's smart too!! Kind of a package deal!!

Bug Truck
12-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Even though we have a twisted view according to some on Graham, gotta go with the steers all the way to the state championship

Rattler
12-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Graham 'anchor' men kind of a big deal
Defensive line key reason for Steers' success

Clay McChristian hasn’t seen anything like it in his 17 years of coaching.

The Graham defensive coordinator isn’t talking about the Steers’ on-field accomplishments this season, holding opponents to nine points per game and posting five shutouts.

No, McChristian is referring to his nose guard Husky Melendez’s helmet.

“I’m not sure how many layers have come off it,” McChristian said of the dinged-up headgear. “It just shows you the life of a defensive lineman.”

Graham junior Dustin McWhorter (76) has the athleticism to track down quarterbacks and the strength to take on double teams for a defense allowing nine points per game.
At the forefront of Graham’s stingy defense is a front of three — Melendez and ends Dustin McWhorter and Colton Langley.

That trio’s main task is to occupy five blockers between them, freeing up linebackers to make tackles on running plays. But when an opposing quarterback drops back, they can’t get very comfortable in the pocket.

“They are the anchor of our defense,” McChristian said. “Everything we do revolves around what they do. They’ve got size, but they all three can really move. It’s the best of both worlds.”

McChristian said he had toyed with the 3-4 formation in the past before committing to it last year. The main reason was to get more speed on the field to defend spread offenses, but making his decision easier was having Melendez, a 260-pound boulder.

When Melendez’s name was brought up at the district meeting, McChristian said opposing coaches made sure he was finally going to graduate. He might have the least amount of tackles (59) between the three, but he draws the most attention.

McWhorter (69 tackles, three sacks) and Langley (74 tackles) are both juniors who played extensively during the Steers’ semifinal run a year ago. McWhorter started at the defensive line, while Langley was a linebacker.

“He was a pretty good linebacker, but when you have a defensive end that can move, you can do a lot with the stunt game,” McChristian said. “He has a high motor. What makes him so good is he finds the football.”

McWhorter has found the football a couple times this year. The 6-foot-4, 260-pounder told McChristian he’d make a pick the first time Graham’s zone drop was called against Abilene Wylie, and sure enough that’s what happened. McWhorter also found the end zone last week when recovering an Estacado fumble in the end zone.

“We work every day. We don’t stop. Our defensive line, we’re big but we’re pretty mobile,” Langley said. “Our defensive line, we’re fast and we like to get physical.”

One of the defense’s weekly goals is to hold opponents to 14 points or less — that’s happened 10 of 13 times. Only Hirschi and Vernon have averaged more than 3 yards per carry against the Steers this season.

Graham is facing its toughest opponent to date Friday night in the 3A Div. II state quarterfinals. And Shallowater’s power running game will test the Steers’ defensive front like no other.

The biggest key will be if Graham can slow down Jarek Black, who has rushed for 2,821 yards and 35 touchdowns in 2013. It’s a challenge the linemen are looking forward to facing and one they know they’re prepared for.

“We work on technique, technique, technique,” McWhorter said. “We work on our quickness, we work on our hands, we work on everything.”

hollywood
12-05-2013, 09:07 AM

The Graham defensive coordinator isn’t talking about the Steers’ on-field accomplishments this season, holding opponents to nine points per game and posting five shutouts.

“I’m not sure how many layers have come off it,” McChristian said of the dinged-up headgear. “It just shows you the life of a defensive lineman.”

Graham junior Dustin McWhorter (76) has the athleticism to track down quarterbacks and the strength to take on double teams for a defense allowing nine points per game.
At the forefront of Graham’s stingy defense is a front of three — Melendez and ends Dustin McWhorter and Colton Langley.

That trio’s main task is to occupy five blockers between them, freeing up linebackers to make tackles on running plays. But when an opposing quarterback drops back, they can’t get very comfortable in the pocket.

“They are the anchor of our defense,” McChristian said. “Everything we do revolves around what they do. They’ve got size, but they all three can really move. It’s the best of both worlds.”

McChristian said he had toyed with the 3-4 formation in the past before committing to it last year. The main reason was to get more speed on the field to defend spread offenses, but making his decision easier was having Melendez, a 260-pound boulder.

When Melendez’s name was brought up at the district meeting, McChristian said opposing coaches made sure he was finally going to graduate. He might have the least amount of tackles (59) between the three, but he draws the most attention.

McWhorter (69 tackles, three sacks) and Langley (74 tackles) are both juniors who played extensively during the Steers’ semifinal run a year ago. McWhorter started at the defensive line, while Langley was a linebacker.

“He was a pretty good linebacker, but when you have a defensive end that can move, you can do a lot with the stunt game,” McChristian said. “He has a high motor. What makes him so good is he finds the football.”

McWhorter has found the football a couple times this year. The 6-foot-4, 260-pounder told McChristian he’d make a pick the first time Graham’s zone drop was called against Abilene Wylie, and sure enough that’s what happened. McWhorter also found the end zone last week when recovering an Estacado fumble in the end zone.

“We work every day. We don’t stop. Our defensive line, we’re big but we’re pretty mobile,” Langley said. “Our defensive line, we’re fast and we like to get physical.”

One of the defense’s weekly goals is to hold opponents to 14 points or less — that’s happened 10 of 13 times. Only Hirschi and Vernon have averaged more than 3 yards per carry against the Steers this season.

Graham is facing its toughest opponent to date Friday night in the 3A Div. II state quarterfinals. And Shallowater’s power running game will test the Steers’ defensive front like no other.

The biggest key will be if Graham can slow down Jarek Black, who has rushed for 2,821 yards and 35 touchdowns in 2013. It’s a challenge the linemen are looking forward to facing and one they know they’re prepared for.

“We work on technique, technique, technique,” McWhorter said. “We work on our quickness, we work on our hands, we work on everything.”

Cool article! Now, go through Shallowater's OL and proving the doubters wrong!

BwdLion73
12-05-2013, 09:21 AM
The lastest forecast is calling for the worst part of the freezing rain and ice from Dallas north and east. Looks like Sweetwater may be out of the ice on Friday nite. Of course, the beauty of being a meteorologist is you still get paid for being wrong more than 50% of the time, haha. This weather stormfront is named Cleon.....reminding me of the Star Trek space cadets called Cleons.

I think that a lot schools above I-10 will wake up Friday and realize that they cannot safely get kids to their destination. Only die hard fans with a 4 wheel drive and bottle will even attempt it. :thinking:

Deuce
12-05-2013, 10:43 AM

Good stuff. I am with you on all of the above!

Deuce
12-05-2013, 10:49 AM
I think that a lot schools above I-10 will wake up Friday and realize that they cannot safely get kids to their destination. Only die hard fans with a 4 wheel drive and bottle will even attempt it. :thinking:

I will be attempting it!!

Sweetwater Red
12-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Short article from the Sweetwater Reporter

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/shallowater-graham-here-friday

Shallowater, Graham here on Friday
December 5, 2013
sweetwatersports1@yahoo.com

Two undefeated teams play here at 7 p.m. Friday as Shallowater and Graham meet in a Class 3A, Division II state quarterfinal at Mus-tang Bowl. Both squads have perfect 13-0 marks and were state-ranked at the end of the regular season.
Graham, the District 5-3A champion, entered the play-offs ranked No. 3 and has crushed Castleberry (68-0), Glen Rose (34-0) and Lubbock Estacado (42-6) during a dominating postseason run so far. Shallo-water entered the playoffs as the District 2-3A champ-ion, and was ranked No. 10 in Class 3A, and has since beaten Dalhart (42-12), Monahans (43-35) and Vernon (35-26). This will be the last time the two teams meet for awhile; Graham is in Class 4A, Division I the next two years and Shallowater will be playing in Class 3A, Division II due to the fact that Graham has 690 students, 253 more than Shallowater. Friday’s winner plays Argyle (13-0), which was ranked No. 1 in Class 3A during the regular season, or Gladewater (7-6) in the state semifinals.

Sweetwater Red
12-05-2013, 12:55 PM
via twitter

Texas HS Football ‏@texashsfootball 8m

Graham vs Shallowater is still on for Friday 7:00p .. Graham coach Kenny Davidson says they are in "holding pattern" for now. #txhsfb

Details

Themishman
12-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Thank You for the update

Themishman
12-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Oh by the way Graham 37 Shallowater 12

bearbear78
12-05-2013, 05:59 PM

Brings a tear to my eye to see big husky graduate this year...but to think we get another year of 76 & 20!!!!!! Change their names to Hawke & Animal...its gonna be fun

Themishman
12-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Any word on the game?

Rattler
12-06-2013, 09:09 AM
Game moved to 3:00 pm Saturday in Sweetwater.

CP3Dad
12-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Game moved to 3:00 pm Saturday in Sweetwater.

Uggh...that does not work...guess that's why they didn't ask me!!

Go Steers!!!!

Sweetwater Red
12-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Saturday

Cloudy. Patchy light freezing drizzle in the afternoon. Highs around 19. Northeast winds 5 to 15 mph.
Wind chill readings 3 below to 7 above zero

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/weather3.jpg

Steers95
12-06-2013, 09:53 AM
The more film I watch, the more I am impressed with JB of SW. One thing that sticks out to me is that most of his yards come after the first and second contact, and IMO their offensive line is not very strong. JB is a great runner, #5 has good speed on the jet sweeps and big FB/TE 11 has good size and good hands. Saying all this, I think this team is very one dimensional and quite honestly I don't see the steers going down to a one dimensional team just like others have said. If SW can produce some sort of passing game, I think this could cause problems. The steers d versus a run game is very solid and this all revolves around the two best athletes on the steers defense, the two safeties. These are too very tough, downhill, hard hitting kids that are not afraid to bust someone in the mouth. I don't know that SW has faced a team with this quality of downhill run-stopping safeties. Saying that, I also think that if SW can create some sort of PA passes to get the safeties coming down hill, they may have success over the top. I've seen 7 have trouble with PA passes through the 3 years he has started at safety. Saying that, I do not think graham will be stopped on offense. This game is completely decided by the steers d and the SW offense. IMO, SW keeps it close until the half, but in the second half I can see the steers getting up but 2 or 3 scores. JB and SW has not seen a team this season as hard hitting as the steers and I think this will wear down the offense of SW.

Inmateboss
12-06-2013, 10:01 AM
The more film I watch, the more I am impressed with JB of SW. One thing that sticks out to me is that most of his yards come after the first and second contact, and IMO their offensive line is not very strong. JB is a great runner, #5 has good speed on the jet sweeps and big FB/TE 11 has good size and good hands. Saying all this, I think this team is very one dimensional and quite honestly I don't see the steers going down to a one dimensional team just like others have said. If SW can produce some sort of passing game, I think this could cause problems. The steers d versus a run game is very solid and this all revolves around the two best athletes on the steers defense, the two safeties. These are too very tough, downhill, hard hitting kids that are not afraid to bust someone in the mouth. I don't know that SW has faced a team with this quality of downhill run-stopping safeties. Saying that, I also think that if SW can create some sort of PA passes to get the safeties coming down hill, they may have success over the top. I've seen 7 have trouble with PA passes through the 3 years he has started at safety. Saying that, I do not think graham will be stopped on offense. This game is completely decided by the steers d and the SW offense. IMO, SW keeps it close until the half, but in the second half I can see the steers getting up but 2 or 3 scores. JB and SW has not seen a team this season as hard hitting as the steers and I think this will wear down the offense of SW.

And we have a winner!!! Great post !!!

Steers95
12-06-2013, 10:14 AM
And we have a winner!!! Great post !!!

Tried to watch as much film as I could before posting so I could give a pretty accurate out take on how I see the game. Both teams have good athletes. I just see graham executing better.

grahampaw
12-06-2013, 10:15 AM
What is going to happen between tonight and Saturday at 3 that makes it any better? Would it not be smarter to make it Monday seeing that the 7 day say's 41 for Sunday.

Rattler
12-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Sunday looks the best..I know some would disagree with this but the uil does allow it...

REGIONAL AND STATE TOURNAMENT COMPETITION ON SUNDAY. Regional or state tournament directors may
reschedule postponed or weather delayed tournaments on Sunday afternoon or evening with prior approval of the tournament
director and the participating schools and with prior permission from the UIL athletic director.

Steernation
12-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Brings a tear to my eye to see big husky graduate this year...but to think we get another year of 76 & 20!!!!!! Change their names to Hawke & Animal...its gonna be fun

It's a sad thing to see big husky go he is a big physical and kinda scary guy. He dominates at what he does.

Have they said anything else about the game being postponed later than three tomorrow?

hollywood
12-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Sunday looks the best..I know some would disagree with this but the uil does allow it...

REGIONAL AND STATE TOURNAMENT COMPETITION ON SUNDAY. Regional or state tournament directors may
reschedule postponed or weather delayed tournaments on Sunday afternoon or evening with prior approval of the tournament
director and the participating schools and with prior permission from the UIL athletic director.

According to reports, the UIL declined any games this week to be played Sunday. I agree, Rattler, it's suppose to be the best weather. And it would have allowed teams to still play on Friday night next week. Whatever, tomorrow at 3 it is for Graham. Monday night for S'ville.

Deuce
12-06-2013, 12:31 PM
I will be surprised if this game is played tomorrow. Highways around Graham are bad. Took me about 45 minutes to drive 25 miles this morning, and I have 4 wheel drive.

Inmateboss
12-06-2013, 12:55 PM
I will be surprised if this game is played tomorrow. Highways around Graham are bad. Took me about 45 minutes to drive 25 miles this morning, and I have 4 wheel drive.

Yep it's nasty out!! Safety has to be first!! Everybody wants to play but if we get a kid hurt it should be during the game not on the way!!

hollywood
12-06-2013, 01:31 PM

Yep it's nasty out!! Safety has to be first!! Everybody wants to play but if we get a kid hurt it should be during the game not on the way!!

I wouldn't doubt it if this game got rescheduled again for Monday night. A couple of weeks ago in that other wintery mess, Bangs vs Denver City were scheduled for a Saturday game. They rescheduled it to Monday night, then rescheduled again to Tuesday night. Bangs won. Then the next game with Eastland had to be played on the following Monday night due to the 5 day UIL rule.

Inmateboss
12-06-2013, 02:01 PM
I wouldn't doubt it if this game got rescheduled again for Monday night. A couple of weeks ago in that other wintery mess, Bangs vs Denver City were scheduled for a Saturday game. They rescheduled it to Monday night, then rescheduled again to Tuesday night. Bangs won. Then the next game with Eastland had to be played on the following Monday night due to the 5 day UIL rule.

Looks like it's just gonna keep stacking up right to the SC!

Deuce
12-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Game is moved to Monday. No time set yet.

Sweetwater Red
12-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Game is moved to Monday.

Confirmed?

Inmateboss
12-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Confirmed?

Seems to be the million dollar question!!

Deuce
12-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Confirmed?

That's what a guy at the Whataburger in Early told me, but no time has been set yet.

Inmateboss
12-06-2013, 04:13 PM
That's what a guy at the Whataburger in Early told me, but no time has been set yet.

Oh snap you done it now!!

Deuce
12-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Confirmed for Monday at 6:00 in Sweetwater.

Inmateboss
12-06-2013, 04:44 PM

Good call !! Will be a real Slobber Knocker!!

Sweetwater Red
12-06-2013, 04:45 PM

Well, I guess I won't be heading to Shotwell for LC/SV after all.

#1 TEXAN
12-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Looks like this is still gonna be a cold one!!

CP3Dad
12-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Nutcracker's in the books, let's put those tutus away and get serious about some Graham Steer football....A little MNF, GHS style...."gasin it"!!!

Inmateboss
12-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Nutcracker's in the books, let's put those tutus away and get serious about some Graham Steer football....A little MNF, GHS style...."gasin it"!!!

Get'er did!!! Fired up and ready to stomp a mud hole in some shallowater !!!

Scooter
12-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Get'er did!!! Fired up and ready to stomp a mud hole in some shallowater !!!

Heard Shallowater was ready to make that Graham D-line look like they belong in a tutu...

Inmateboss
12-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Heard Shallowater was ready to make that Graham D-line look like they belong in a tutu...

That's what I like, somebody that know a lot about stuff!! Do you know enough to make a little side bet!!

Scooter
12-08-2013, 09:20 PM
That's what I like, somebody that know a lot about stuff!! Do you know enough to make a little side bet!!

i know just enough not to take a bet with you inmateboss...

Inmateboss
12-08-2013, 09:30 PM
i know just enough not to take a bet with you inmateboss...

Well your smarter than I gave you credit for!! Steers take it 35-17

#1 TEXAN
12-08-2013, 11:01 PM
How the roads around sweetwater anyone?

slingshot
12-08-2013, 11:36 PM
That's what I like, somebody that know a lot about stuff!! Do you know enough to make a little side bet? Win this one then we'll see about a little side bet for the Argyle game. Talk about stomping a mudhole... that's what they're going to do to Graham!

Inmateboss
12-08-2013, 11:41 PM
Win this one then we'll see about a little side bet for the Argyle game. Talk about stomping a mudhole... that's what they're going to do to Graham!

Hahahaha that's what I like a sucker with a pocket full of cash!!! I'll take some of that action!!

Inmateboss
12-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Graham has been wanting a piece of a good team and I think Argyle is just the one !!

slingshot
12-08-2013, 11:59 PM
Graham has been wanting a piece of a good team and I think Argyle is just the one !! Be careful what you wish for... Graham is very good. Argyle is better.

bearbear78
12-09-2013, 12:11 AM
win this one then we'll see about a little side bet for the argyle game. Talk about stomping a mudhole... That's what they're going to do to graham!

lol...smh

#1 TEXAN
12-09-2013, 12:24 AM
Graham has been wanting a piece of a good team and I think Argyle is just the one !!

Graham is gonna play a very good team tomorrow night, I think if we play our game we win by 3 scores but this time of year you can't count anyone out. They have found a way to win every game this year just like us.

Scooter
12-09-2013, 12:32 AM
lol...smh

good job you woke up the panda

PEdropout
12-09-2013, 12:51 AM
I'm rootin' for Graham to advance and play Argyle. Should be some hard hittin' football!
Just hoping that big boy over there in Gladewater doesn't take out too many of Argyle's starters.
That will be Argyle's biggest test, keeping all their weapons healthy from this coke-machine with legs they got for a runnin' back over in Gladewater.
I read that Aubry hurt one of Argyle's star players on defense. Aubry had no chance of winning, and Gladewater may be on that same boat.
Have to be careful with a team like that, with nothing to lose, they seem to inflict damage wherever they can.

Dawgkillr
12-09-2013, 08:17 AM
I'm ready for some Graham Steer football today!

hollywood
12-09-2013, 08:18 AM
I'm rootin' for Graham to advance and play Argyle. Should be some hard hittin' football!
Just hoping that big boy over there in Gladewater doesn't take out too many of Argyle's starters.
That will be Argyle's biggest test, keeping all their weapons healthy from this coke-machine with legs they got for a runnin' back over in Gladewater.
I read that Aubry hurt one of Argyle's star players on defense. Aubry had no chance of winning, and Gladewater may be on that same boat.
Have to be careful with a team like that, with nothing to lose, they seem to inflict damage wherever they can.

Good point! Kind of a trap game if you will. Argyle will need all of their horses to win out.

hollywood
12-09-2013, 08:23 AM
I think Graham wins this game by at least 14 if they take care of the ball. Shallowater may be good enough to run time off the clock and give Graham less possession. We'll see. If Graham can win today, they will definitely have their hands full with Argyle. Even with their All-State LB out for the season and another very good LB out, Argyle was able to beat Gilmer. And they were in control for most of the second half. That showed they are conditioned to go 4 quarters against one of the fastest teams in the state.

PEdropout
12-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Good point! Kind of a trap game if you will. Argyle will need all of their horses to win out.

Exactly! I knew there was a shorter way to say all that! lol.
Trap game indeed !

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2013, 12:50 PM
How the roads around sweetwater anyone?

Backed to business as usual here. Had a pretty good thaw yesterday.

Slick50
12-09-2013, 01:53 PM
I am not digging through the posts. So who is home team?

Steer Alum
12-09-2013, 03:43 PM
I am not digging through the posts. So who is home team?

graham is the home team

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2013, 04:01 PM
graham is the home team

The advantage to being the home team at Mustang Bowl in weather like this is that the two story press box
serves as a barrier from the wind.

Slick50
12-09-2013, 04:33 PM
The advantage to being the home team at Mustang Bowl in weather like this is that the two story press box
serves as a barrier from the wind.
How's the weather there?

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2013, 05:42 PM
How's the weather there?

It's dark, sub freezing and foggy with a slight breeze. Pretty much miserable all the way around.
But the roads are good.

I'm listening to the 1A game being played in Snyder and they're saying that there seems to be
some snow and sleet moving thru and seems to be getting heavier. Now they're saying they
can barely see the players.

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Opening kickoff and only pic I'm posting

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/Mobile%20Uploads/7BDFD328-A906-4154-BDA3-709DAB2548F4.jpg