PDA

View Full Version : 3A D1 Reg IV Finals: La Grange v Gonzales

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 09:42 PM
This is a re-match of two D26 teams. In week 5 La grange beat Gonzales in Gonzales 49-19. The Apaches have been a whole new team since round one when they knocked off top seeded Bellville in the upper bracket of R4. Now they have progressed impressively through their bracket to meet up once again with La Grange who dominated every team in the lower bracket. Both teams like to run the ball but can throw as well. This will be an very exciting game to decide who gets to the semi-finals to take on the R3 Champion. I think the Leps with their big dominant O line and talented backfield will put too many points on the board for the Apaches and win this one by 20.

hookandladder
11-30-2013, 10:05 PM
Bastrop Friday 7:30 , Come early for Tailgate party.

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 10:06 PM
Bastrop Friday 7:30 , Come early for Tailgate party.

Who's home and who's visitor?

Scoop27
11-30-2013, 10:11 PM
When and where?

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 10:16 PM
When and where?

Bastrop Friday 7:30

hookandladder
11-30-2013, 10:21 PM
LG visitors

pacdaddy
11-30-2013, 11:11 PM
This game is going to be a war. All out in this one. Yes it is true that the tribe has become a different type of team going through this run, but we have to see how bad we want it. Tonight was another good example of how our D just dominated RP. Hopefully they can bring that same intensity come Friday night for the final D26 showdown. Don't miss this game because it will be classic.

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 11:31 PM
This game is going to be a war. All out in this one. Yes it is true that the tribe has become a different type of team going through this run, but we have to see how bad we want it. Tonight was another good example of how our D just dominated RP. Hopefully they can bring that same intensity come Friday night for the final D26 showdown. Don't miss this game because it will be classic.

Got that right Pacdaddy. The Leps will take the Apaches very seriously. They know Gonzales has improved and want this win as much as they do. This will be a high scoring game. It will come down to which team gets enough defensive stops to win. The Lep D is playing at its best now and should get the job done. The Apaches could not go wide successfully last time and the speed differential should still be in LG's favor. The middle will be the battleground and I don't think they can get enough yardage there to win. Get there early as only 3000 seats on visitor's side.

Manso/V8
12-01-2013, 12:30 AM
Pudlugger is showing tremendous restraint and diplomacy.

It is pretty cool that two team from D26 are in the finals, and also shows what a calk walk R4 can be some years after the first round.

The Apaches have played well and deserve to be in the region final.
They know how good the Leps are this year and that will be hard to shake from the minds.
I will take the LG in this one, and look for the Leps represent R4 in the semis and the SC game.

pacdaddy
12-01-2013, 12:52 AM
Pudlugger is showing tremendous restraint and diplomacy.

It is pretty cool that two team from D26 are in the finals, and also shows what a calk walk R4 can be some years after the first round.

The Apaches have played well and deserve to be in the region final.
They know how good the Leps are this year and that will be hard to shake from the minds.
I will take the LG in this one, and look for the Leps represent R4 in the semis and the SC game.

Hell yea we deserve to be here. Bud, we just made school history winning round 3. I think we have only been to this round twice in school history but came out not winning. The first time was back in 1963-64, and 2007 but losing both times. In 63-64, my dad says they lost by penetrations, and the other game we lost by two or three points.

So yea its a good night in Apache nation tonight.

Manso/V8
12-01-2013, 01:00 AM
Hell yea we deserve to be here. Bud, we just made school history winning round 3. I think we have only been to this round twice in school history but came out not winning. The first time was back in 1963-64, and 2007 but losing both times. In 63-64, my dad says they lost by penetrations, and the other game we lost by two or three points.

Enjoy every moment.
Few get the chance to experience what y'all are experiencing.
It seems like the Apache players have really come together as a team.
This is an experience the players will carry with them the rest of their lives.
Deep playoff run memories for the kids and community are awesome.
Congratulations!

pacdaddy
12-01-2013, 01:04 AM
Enjoy every moment.
Few get the chance to experience what y'all are experiencing.
It seems like the Apache players have really come together as a team.
This is an experience the players will carry with them the rest of their lives.
Deep playoff run memories for the kids and community are awesome.
Congratulations!

Thanks Manso. These guys will remember this night forever, and so will the whole town.

underthetepee
12-01-2013, 01:13 AM
Actually in 2007, the Apaches lost in the state quarterfinals to Pleasanton16-13 in OT. That was when Div I only played 15 games instead of 16..

gameface
12-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Happy to see our district well represented. Congrats Apaches against RF. I took LG stats for many years & remember Gonzales 10-6 victory @ Apache Bowl when 2000 LG QB Gunn & associates won state. That game was a game Apaches won on intensity & LG was completely flat. Gunn was our weapon in 2000, however, the 2013 model Leopard is faster, stronger & has lots of extra's. LG win by 35. Leps have game face on.

Pudlugger
12-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Happy to see our district well represented. Congrats Apaches against RF. I took LG stats for many years & remember Gonzales 10-6 victory @ Apache Bowl when 2000 LG QB Gunn & associates won state. That game was a game Apaches won on intensity & LG was completely flat. Gunn was our weapon in 2000, however, the 2013 model Leopard is faster, stronger & has lots of extra's. LG win by 35. Leps have game face on.

Right Gameface I remember that game well. It was 13-6 I believe though LOL. The road to state after the regionals was Marlin and Forney. Marlin was a powerhouse fueled by three D1 players a Qb, WR and RB who's names escape me. We played them on a windy afternoon in Waco ISD and won a tight game by taking advantage of turnovers and by being better conditioned in the 4th quarter. The SC game with Forney featured speedster D'Bryan Blanton (state Champion record holder in the 100 Meters) and we managed to squeak by 20-17 on the strength of Gunn's lunge for a game ending 1st down by inches at the LG 21 yard line to run out the clock. If he missed that 1st down and had not dragged that CB those last 2 feet Forney certainly would have scored and won. Of course the other break was Blanton's fumble forced by Jasek's big hit at the 15 to get the ball for that final series. What an exciting game that was. It is starting to become very difficult for me not to anticipate a rematch with Carthage this year and hope that our guys take care of business Friday to earn the shot. Go Leps.

Gontex
12-01-2013, 09:27 AM
I just looked at the stadium on Texas Bob's. Seems to me like it may be a packed house since the stadium seats around 8000 people with seats equally distributed between home and visitors. There is lots of parking available tho. I'm looking for a great game from the Apaches. I don't think it's going to be anywhere near a 35 point margin either way. More than likely, it will be a 3-10 point differential. These two teams have proven to be the class of R 4 D 1 football this year. Whoever wins should represent Region 4 very well in my humble opinion. The team that doesn't make mistakes will be the team that wins. TO's and penalties will go a long way in determining the winner Friday night. Mental state will also factor in.

hollywood
12-01-2013, 09:39 AM
La Grange by a lesser margin than earlier season meeting.

Would be a cool thing for La Grange to make it past this game and face the WOS/Carthage winner! I have Carthage advancing to the SC game in my bracket. But who cares, I'd love to see a Reg 4 team advance. Pulling for LG.

Pudlugger
12-01-2013, 09:49 AM
I just looked at the stadium on Texas Bob's. Seems to me like it may be a packed house since the stadium seats around 8000 people with seats equally distributed between home and visitors. There is lots of parking available tho. I'm looking for a great game from the Apaches. I don't think it's going to be anywhere near a 35 point margin either way. More than likely, it will be a 3-10 point differential. These two teams have proven to be the class of R 4 D 1 football this year. Whoever wins should represent Region 4 very well in my humble opinion. The team that doesn't make mistakes will be the team that wins. TO's and penalties will go a long way in determining the winner Friday night. Mental state will also factor in.

Stadium seats 5000 on Home side and 3000 on visitor's side. There should be enough room for Gonzales as home team but might be cramped for LG with a big turnout. Weather will factor in as expected temps around 32 with 12 MPH wind from the North. Dress for cold weather and bring stadium blankets and ski masks. Leps played well in the weather last week so they will be prepared. Leps have played their best games as visitors all year so I'm good with that.

bulldog60
12-01-2013, 09:54 AM
I for one have seen LG play. I went to Bobcat stadium on Friday for there game with Ingleside. My thoughts were that LG OL/DL were huge, fast, strong and smart. I watch the lines a lot since I have a future OL/DL line son." He is only 10 and 145lbs now" So we watch for techniques to emulate. No 70 on LG will not allow you any time in the pocket, and has great run stopping power. They were able to line up only 3 down linemen and got pressure with ease. As for offence, they created huge holes and were great at getting to the 2nd level that created running lanes that made 5 yard runs into 10 plus yard runs. Leps will be very tough.

hookandladder
12-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Stadium seats 5000 on Home side and 3000 on visitor's side. There should be enough room for Gonzales as home team but might be cramped for LG with a big turnout. Weather will factor in as expected temps around 32 with 12 MPH wind from the North. Dress for cold weather and bring stadium blankets and ski masks. Leps played well in the weather last week so they will be prepared. Leps have played their best games as visitors all year so I'm good with that.

I think a big pot of Chili or Stew would be great right before kick off.

Pudlugger
12-01-2013, 10:29 AM

Yeah, I vote for the chili.

bird_fan
12-01-2013, 11:32 AM
La Grange by a lesser margin than earlier season meeting.

Would be a cool thing for La Grange to make it past this game and face the WOS/Carthage winner! I have Carthage advancing to the SC game in my bracket. But who cares, I'd love to see a Reg 4 team advance. Pulling for LG.
I see La Grange winning this game and judging from thier posts Carthage is all ready over looking the semifinal as a possible setback kinda like last year with El Campo last year Hopr to see La Grange in the championship game

Manso/V8
12-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I vote for the chili.

Is there beans in that chili?

Growing up, our style of Texas Chili never had beans.......is that the still the deal?

YTBulldogs
12-01-2013, 12:28 PM

:2thumbsup:iagree:

Pudlugger
12-01-2013, 12:43 PM

Growing up, our style of Texas Chili never had beans.......is that the still the deal?

No beans just venison.

hookandladder
12-01-2013, 03:56 PM
No beans just venison.

Who told you, you nailed it. Venison Chili and homemade hot dogs. Gonna be a good time, Leps rolling.

Pudlugger
12-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Who told you, you nailed it. Venison Chili and homemade hot dogs. Gonna be a good time, Leps rolling.

Sounds good hook. We made some last night with a West Texas recipe from Guns and Gardens. It was delicious.

Now we need to wrap up this game Friday to make the big show. Gonzales is pumped we better show up to play. Only 3000 seats on the visitor side so get there early. Hand warmers, long johns and wool socks too 'cause temps in low 30s with wind chill. Going to REI tomorrow to get a ski mask too. I about froze at the Canyon Lake game.

Looks like Kates lost the coin flip again for the third time LOL. We have been visitors for all three play off games and won big so I'm good to go on that. Leps in white with purple and gold trim just like in week 5 when we thumped Gonzales in their house. Go Leps beat Gonzales!

speedbump
12-01-2013, 05:08 PM

No beans in it unless a yankee made it. I heard they even passed a law against beans in Chili in East Texas because of all the hot air already present.

BB BULLS
12-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Sounds good hook. We made some last night with a West Texas recipe from Guns and Gardens. It was delicious.

Now we need to wrap up this game Friday to make the big show. Gonzales is pumped we better show up to play. Only 3000 seats on the visitor side so get there early. Hand warmers, long johns and wool socks too 'cause temps in low 30s with wind chill. Going to REI tomorrow to get a ski mask too. I about froze at the Canyon Lake game.

Looks like Kates lost the coin flip again for the third time LOL. We have been visitors for all three play off games and won big so I'm good to go on that. Leps in white with purple and gold trim just like in week 5 when we thumped Gonzales in their house. Go Leps beat Gonzales!

gonna support R4 go guys who ever wins i will support all the to a SC thropy. R4 will win it all this year. good luck to both teams. if you see someone with the Bellville gear on it will be me just dont throw rocks at me.

YTBulldogs
12-01-2013, 05:09 PM
I can assure you one thing, this will be a competitive game this go around. Winner by less than 9 point spread IMO. Outsider view, like them both.

Pudlugger
12-01-2013, 05:18 PM
I can assure you one thing, this will be a competitive game this go around. Winner by less than 9 point spread IMO. Outsider view, like them both.

It will be a tighter game than before but Leps by 20. Leps playing at a different level now.

Unless the Leps suffer a breakdown they will roll. Coach Kates will have them pumped and prepped for Friday.

Pudlugger
12-01-2013, 05:26 PM

No disrespect intended towards Gonzales YT. I realize they are a better team than in week 5 and have stated thus on this thread. I also believe the Leps are a better team and very motivated as well. Each teams want this win as much as the other and it will come down to the usual, talent, execution, game plan, coaching and luck. I'm a huge homer as everyone already knows LOL. Go Leps!

YTBulldogs
12-01-2013, 05:31 PM
It will be a tighter game than before but Leps by 20. Leps playing at a different level now.

Unless the Leps suffer a breakdown they will roll. Coach Kates will have them pumped and prepped for Friday.

Ok. I just don't see it being a 3 TD margin like you Pud. Both OL's are the best I've seen all year. When you have linemen 20-30 yards downfield blocking, they are well coached. Most kid's, go a few yards after the snap. Should be a exciting game. One thing for sure, a D26 teams moves on still. Congrats to both.

fire_it_up
12-01-2013, 05:44 PM

Apaches are always the underdog with something to prove.....just the way we like it! We already know Leps are great. Our boys are aware of that. What you haven't witnessed was a team fall completely apart and then rebuild themselves with heart and determination. No calculated point spread can factor that in. Can't wait until Friday! Apache Nation will be in full force. Go Apaches!:stirpot:

speedbump
12-01-2013, 06:21 PM
LaGrange has a big line too, and they are athletes.

LG 40 - Gonz 12

Pudlugger
12-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Apaches are always the underdog with something to prove.....just the way we like it! We already know Leps are great. Our boys are aware of that. What you haven't witnessed was a team fall completely apart and then rebuild themselves with heart and determination. No calculated point spread can factor that in. Can't wait until Friday! Apache Nation will be in full force. Go Apaches!:stirpot:

I credit the Apaches for a great comeback after a 4-1 pre-district run then a disappointing run is district followed by a big win over a top seeded Bellville and on to the Quarter Final. Leps will prepare for a much tougher Apache team this Friday. :) Go Leps!

hookandladder
12-01-2013, 06:32 PM
I credit the Apaches for a great comeback after a 4-1 pre-district run then a disappointing run is district followed by a big win over a top seeded Bellville and on to the Quarter Final. Leps will prepare for a much tougher Apache team this Friday. :) Go Leps!

The only problem is this Lep team is much tougher then when we played the Apaches, so it is a wash in my eyes. The only thing that could change the outcome this time would be turnovers, Gonzales still cannot pass the ball , so stopping the run will be first priority. There were some turning points in our first meeting in the first half that set the tone for the game, will be close in first half however I see LG pulling away in second half. D-26 Showdown for Region championship, when is the last time that has happened.

Gontex
12-01-2013, 07:11 PM
The only problem is this Lep team is much tougher then when we played the Apaches, so it is a wash in my eyes. The only thing that could change the outcome this time would be turnovers, Gonzales still cannot pass the ball , so stopping the run will be first priority. There were some turning points in our first meeting in the first half that set the tone for the game, will be close in first half however I see LG pulling away in second half. D-26 Showdown for Region championship, when is the last time that has happened.

Keep that thought in mind about Gonzales not being able to pass the ball.

hookandladder
12-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Keep that thought in mind about Gonzales not being able to pass the ball.

Just saying , you are not going to be able to line up and run it against our D. So you will need to throw it better then you have all season, you will see a couple players playing more snaps both ways that will make a huge difference from the last time we played.

fire_it_up
12-01-2013, 08:04 PM
LaGrange has a big line too, and they are athletes.

LG 40 - Gonz 12

Oh they're athletes. You should have said so from the beginning. We don't have any of those. :crazy:

Pudlugger
12-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Oh they're athletes. You should have said so from the beginning. We don't have any of those. :crazy:

Sure you do Fire, the Leps will be ready and will give the Apaches their best game.

PappaFeelGood
12-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Hook is right our first meeting win was set up by turnovers. I also know the LEPS have gotten better with each week. With weather being a probable issue LEPS must protect and control the ball. LEPS will prevail and advance but my prediction is a bit more conservative this week. LG 28- Apaches 7.

pacdaddy
12-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Our pass has improved very well, and our O-line has been sustaining blocks very well to get the yardage we need for first downs, then set ups for td's. In my opinion it will be a little different this go around. We will need to execute every play and score every time we get the ball in order fur us to stay even or ahead in this game.

Pudlugger
12-02-2013, 07:36 AM
One thing for sure it will be a dousey. Go Leps!

OLE'BULL
12-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Looking forward to this one. Now that I am in complete withdrawals from HS Football, I am strongly considering making the trip to Bastrop for this one. Its an easy drive from Bellville and like I said, I NEED some HS football in my life. Unfortunately for the Apaches, I think this is where your good run comes to a halt. I think LG is just too strong. Ya never know though, looking forward to a good match up...

Pudlugger
12-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Looking forward to this one. Now that I am in complete withdrawals from HS Football, I am strongly considering making the trip to Bastrop for this one. Its an easy drive from Bellville and like I said, I NEED some HS football in my life. Unfortunately for the Apaches, I think this is where your good run comes to a halt. I think LG is just too strong. Ya never know though, looking forward to a good match up...

Come on over to enjoy Hook's chilli and tailgate meet & greet. Look for two big RVs and a LG flag. Yes it will be a good game. Dress for the cold weather though.

Leps didn't pass much Friday as the running game was too good. This week with GZ stout defense they most likely will throw more to keep the D honest. The Leps have incorporated a new look in their pass defense with the 3-3-5 formation. In this set they bring in #70 Ledwik and two other down linemen and #12 Davis as the nickel back. They were able to put a lot of pressure on the IS Qb with this 3 man front and take away the deep threat of their big D1 WR #20. I expect we will see this formation in critical passing downs Friday. I'm sure Coach Lock has seen the films and reviewed the scout reports and will prepare accordingly.

Pudlugger
12-03-2013, 07:41 AM
Pretty quit lately on this thread. No smoke signals from Gonzales and Leopards are hunkered down in the tall grass.

Gontex
12-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Pretty quit lately on this thread. No smoke signals from Gonzales and Leopards are hunkered down in the tall grass.
Hey Pud, It is quiet. I think the anticipation of this ball game is as high as I have ever seen it and I have been watching Apache football for a long time. Pacdaddy is trying to keep from exploding because he can hardly wait for it. We are looking forward to a great game.

Gontex
12-03-2013, 09:09 AM
Come on over to enjoy Hook's chilli and tailgate meet & greet. Look for two big RVs and a LG flag. Yes it will be a good game. Dress for the cold weather though.

Leps didn't pass much Friday as the running game was too good. This week with GZ stout defense they most likely will throw more to keep the D honest. The Leps have incorporated a new look in their pass defense with the 3-3-5 formation. In this set they bring in #70 Ledwik and two other down linemen and #12 Davis as the nickel back. They were able to put a lot of pressure on the IS Qb with this 3 man front and take away the deep threat of their big D1 WR #20. I expect we will see this formation in critical passing downs Friday. I'm sure Coach Lock has seen the films and reviewed the scout reports and will prepare accordingly.

That three man front was able to keep lots of pressure on the Ingleside qb without bringing the lbs. May have to bring those lbs to get that kind of pressure on the Apache qb. We'll see how that new defensive alignment works out.

Pudlugger
12-03-2013, 09:52 AM
That three man front was able to keep lots of pressure on the Ingleside qb without bringing the lbs. May have to bring those lbs to get that kind of pressure on the Apache qb. We'll see how that new defensive alignment works out.

If that is the case they may go to the 4-3-4 and blitz the linebackers. That really messed with IS's Qb. I realize the Apache O line is bigger and better than IS but man it was impressive. No doubt Coach Lock will prepare after reviewing the film.

buff4ever
12-03-2013, 02:12 PM
I have to think that LG will win this game, they are better a little deeper than Gonzales.

99IHSMustang
12-03-2013, 02:22 PM
If that is the case they may go to the 4-3-4 and blitz the linebackers. That really messed with IS's Qb. I realize the Apache O line is bigger and better than IS but man it was impressive. No doubt Coach Lock will prepare after reviewing the film.

Your D1 tackle (what was his name Letwik?) was a beast. If Gonzales pulls out the win I would be really impressed because you guys look like you have all the pieces to make it to the SC.

Apache91
12-03-2013, 03:53 PM
LaGrange is very impressive. IMO, the Apaches have a hard time stopping the pass, well, unless they get to the QB. With the weather, it might even the playing field a little bit. Might be a little closer than some of the Lep supporters are thinking. Just my opinion.

duckhunter
12-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Any rumors/discussion about moving the game to Saturday because of weather? Chance of sleet and ice here in duckblind, tx for Friday night. Looks like i will have to miss the game and sit in the ole blind this weekend. LG should win handidly anyhow

Snotbubbles
12-03-2013, 05:04 PM
If I was Gonsalez, I'd leave it and hope for sleet/rain/snow/wind as predicted Friday. Smashmouth and pound style, works well in bad conditions.

PappaFeelGood
12-03-2013, 07:52 PM
If I was Gonsalez, I'd leave it and hope for sleet/rain/snow/wind as predicted Friday. Smashmouth and pound style, works well in bad conditions.

The news on the street is KBVO out of Austin is televising the game. Will keep all posted.

99IHSMustang
12-03-2013, 08:52 PM
The news on the street is KBVO out of Austin is televising the game. Will keep all posted.

That would be awesome. Especially if I can get it in San Antonio. :)

pacdaddy
12-03-2013, 10:40 PM
I have to say that we will be keying on #5 and the qb. Hear that #5 made a lot of good things happen against IS. Need to have those big play makers covered at all times

Pudlugger
12-04-2013, 06:26 AM
I have to say that we will be keying on #5 and the qb. Hear that #5 made a lot of good things happen against IS. Need to have those big play makers covered at all times

#5 Hutchison had a great game against IS beginning with his 80 yard run back for a td on the opening KO. However, #3 Filmore has over 1400 rushing yards and is the primary ball carrier and receiver. Hutchison plays Strong Safety on defense and rotates in and out on offense along with #22 Dobbins who plays CB and rotates in on offense. So keying on Hutxhison even if it works will not stop the Leps running game. Our O line is the best the Apaches have faced and will not allow many sacks in this game.

hookandladder
12-04-2013, 07:22 AM
#5 Hutchison had a great game against IS beginning with his 80 yard run back for a td on the opening KO. However, #3 Filmore has over 1400 rushing yards and is the primary ball carrier and receiver. Hutchison plays Strong Safety on defense and rotates in and out on offense along with #22 Dobbins who plays CB and rotates in on offense. So keying on Hutxhison even if it works will not stop the Leps running game. Our O line is the best the Apaches have faced and will not allow many sacks in this game.

La Grange has more weapons on offense then I have ever seen in the last 20 years, keying one or two will be hard to do however if you are going to try and stop one your best bet would be the QB. It all starts with him , Filmore has been the workhorse this year however most can tell Hutchinson is the big play maker and you will see him get more and more touches. Hutchinson has really turned his game up in his Junior year, if he can put a little more weight on the colleges will be knocking on his door this summer. The biggest surprise has to be JK Dobbins, for a Freshman to play at the level he is playing at is just amazing. If I were coaching he would be playing both ways , the kid is ready right now to be a difference maker on both sides of the ball. This team has a good mix of underclassman with a solid Senior class , looking forward to see how they respond to a little pressure. Go Leps.

Pudlugger
12-04-2013, 07:41 AM
Good analysis hook. I don't think keying on the Qb will work. First the O line in too strong to allow much pressure in the back field and second Davis is very difficult to stop with pulling guards and #33 leading the way. Third there is always the pitch out to either #3 Filmore or #5 Hutchison who can take it to the house. It is going to be a long night for the Apache defense. This is not RF.

underthetepee
12-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Keep this in my mind pud... GZ ain't canyon lake or ingleside either!!
Good analysis hook. I don't think keying on the Qb will work. First the O line in too strong to allow much pressure in the back field and second Davis is very difficult to stop with pulling guards and #33 leading the way. Third there is always the pitch out to either #3 Filmore or #5 Hutchison who can take it to the house. It is going to be a long night for the Apache defense. This is not RF.

Pudlugger
12-04-2013, 10:57 AM
That is affirmative TeePee. GZ much better team and Leps will be prepared. Go Leps!

YTBulldogs
12-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Keep this in my mind pud... GZ ain't canyon lake or ingleside either!!

Very true. Will be a good one. Good luck to both teams and good job representing D26.

gameface
12-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Hey Pudd & Hook-perhaps visitors versus home side is better, especially this Friday night!? Gary Dusek stated on KBUK radio this morning that the visitors bleachers face south!? This means as I enter the entrance off of Hwy 21 , LG( visitors side) will be on the left! That sound right fella's? The visitors stands can act a a windshield ( N wind at our back)for LG fans & players. Also, would you guys strategically park those LG Victory PartyVans to keep our fire ring hot to render great venison chili!! LG has game face on & sticking with 35 point difference despite cold/wet European Ryder Cup type conditions! Excited for Leopard & Apache communities- special event for our hometown kiddo's!

teetle
12-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Pudspullers hases uesed restraints. He know whats he be doing. He donts hases to talks becauses de Leps will talks with theirs pads. Leps bys at leastes 2 tds. :weeping::weeping::weeping::weeping:

Pudlugger
12-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Teetle you're a naughty boy.:tisk:

Be that as it may I have to agree. :D

zebrablue2
12-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Hey Pudd & Hook-perhaps visitors versus home side is better, especially this Friday night!? Gary Dusek stated on KBUK radio this morning that the visitors bleachers face south!? This means as I enter the entrance off of Hwy 21 , LG( visitors side) will be on the left! That sound right fella's? The visitors stands can act a a windshield ( N wind at our back)for LG fans & players. Also, would you guys strategically park those LG Victory PartyVans to keep our fire ring hot to render great venison chili!! LG has game face on & sticking with 35 point difference despite cold/wet European Ryder Cup type conditions! Excited for Leopard & Apache communities- special event for our hometown kiddo's!

I worked a game there 2 weeks ago, it was 38 and drizzle. Gonna be cold as heck for both sides, left to right and right to left for the other side. The turf is fabulous, footing will be GOOD, beautiful facility, Go LEPS..

Tejastrue
12-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Just saw on TV, scrolling at the bottom of the screen that this game will be broadcast on the local (Austin area) station KBVO. They normally do 4A-5A broadcasts. Nice. http://myaustintv.clientmediaserver.com/schedule.html

pacdaddy
12-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Pudspullers hases uesed restraints. He know whats he be doing. He donts hases to talks becauses de Leps will talks with theirs pads. Leps bys at leastes 2 tds. :weeping::weeping::weeping::weeping:

Hey teetle guess what, GZ will also talk with their pads.

Gontex
12-04-2013, 09:23 PM

Somebody may be mistaken. If you look at the stadium from a satellite view, the field is on a northeast to southwest axis, not an east to west one. Visitor side will be looking directly into the wind coming from the northwest. Still going to be cold for both sides.

gameface
12-04-2013, 09:51 PM
10-4 Apache! Your right, gonna be very cold! Good luck!! Leps have game face on!

hookandladder
12-05-2013, 07:09 AM
Just saw on TV, scrolling at the bottom of the screen that this game will be broadcast on the local (Austin area) station KBVO. They normally do 4A-5A broadcasts. Nice. http://myaustintv.clientmediaserver.com/schedule.html

Yes we were told earlier in the week that the game will most likely be broadcast on KBVO, if it is cold and raining I may be sitting in my Motorhome watching the game on TV with a cold one.

Pudlugger
12-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Yes we were told earlier in the week that the game will most likely be broadcast on KBVO, if it is cold and raining I may be sitting in my Motorhome watching the game on TV with a cold one.

Not the same as being in the stands hook. Just bundle up and join us folks out in the elements. With all the excitement you wont notice the cold.

ApachePride
12-05-2013, 11:59 AM

If the games on TV, will there be a live stream on the Internet?

Pudlugger
12-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Almost game day. Leps wrapping up a great week of practice today and are ready for the big game tomorrow. Folks who say the weather will favor the Apaches are mistaken as the Leps will continue to run the ball with authority and hit on the play action and deep routes just like they have all year. The weather will be the same for both teams and after a few hits no one will be complaining of the cold. The Apaches will run up the middle testing our D line and mlb and try to get to the outside on sweeps from the shotgun. The Lep D has been playing tough against the run and will need to step up and make the stops tomorrow night against the big Gonzales O line and speedy backs. Keep the dream going La Grange and get the win.

teetle
12-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Hey teetle guess what, GZ will also talk with their pads.

Yous mights bes rights buts its wills bes not enough. LaGrange justes toos goods. Gets de basketballs ready.:weeping::weeping::weeping::weeping:

underthetepee
12-05-2013, 03:40 PM
easy teet, yall been playing basketball for a month now!!
Yous mights bes rights buts its wills bes not enough. LaGrange justes toos goods. Gets de basketballs ready.:weeping::weeping::weeping::weeping:

speedbump
12-05-2013, 05:02 PM
If the games on TV, will there be a live stream on the Internet?

Probably not. I heard the UIL doesn't allow streaming for playoff games. I'm gonna try anyway. If it is streamed it should be here -

http://www.kxan.com/high-school-football-livestream

PappaFeelGood
12-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Pud , the LEPS indeed had a great week of practice. I believe the wind is going to be a factor. I'm sure the apaches have been working on fair catching pooch kicks all week. All links in the chain are securely fastened. Go LEPS ,,,,,

Pudlugger
12-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Pud , the LEPS indeed had a great week of practice. I believe the wind is going to be a factor. I'm sure the apaches have been working on fair catching pooch kicks all week. All links in the chain are securely fastened. Go LEPS ,,,,,

Well I remember the State Semi Final against Marlin in 2000 at Waco ISD on a windy Saturday afternoon. We recovered a Marlin fumble on a pooch kick which helped us gain the lead and win the game. So maybe the wind will help or hinder depending on the luck of the draw. It will be harder to maintain accuracy on long pass routes but for the short stuff to the flats and over the middle it should be OK. The fact that we run 2/3rd of the time and so does GZ makes it a wash. Yes, the Leps are ready and eager to get the win.

Manso/V8
12-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Probably not. I heard the UIL doesn't allow streaming for playoff games. I'm gonna try anyway. If it is streamed it should be here -

http://www.kxan.com/high-school-football-livestream

You might have to wait an hour after the game to see the video.
I think the UIL doesn't allow live video streaming of playoff games unless the game is sold out a few days in advance, but the video can be streamed one hour after the game is over.
The video stream of the Bellville vs Port Isabel game last year was available an hour after the game by two stations/websites last year.
I watched some of the Port Isabel vs Orange Grove this year on a RGV website, it wasn't available until an hour after the game.

pacdaddy
12-05-2013, 11:16 PM
By this time tomorrow, one of these teams will be celebrating a victory.

bobcat1
12-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Red Solo cup, I lift you up, Let's have a party! Love it MansoV8

hookandladder
12-06-2013, 07:14 AM
Well weatherman said last night the rain should clear out by mid morning on Friday, it is 6am now and all looks to be good. Cooked a big old pot of Vension Chili last night and put it in the Fridge -check that I just left it outside, it is cold out there right now. Homemade corn bread and secret made crackers, all is good for ther Tailgate. Should be setup by 5:30 , with the Heater on High. Go Leps.

duckhunter
12-06-2013, 07:53 AM
Well weatherman said last night the rain should clear out by mid morning on Friday, it is 6am now and all looks to be good. Cooked a big old pot of Vension Chili last night and put it in the Fridge -check that I just left it outside, it is cold out there right now. Homemade corn bread and secret made crackers, all is good for ther Tailgate. Should be setup by 5:30 , with the Heater on High. Go Leps.

I'll bring the ducks!

And beer of course

gameface
12-06-2013, 08:28 AM
OK LG Crew! Quiet confidence in the air! Nice to see wet component temporarily on hold for tonight's battle in Bastrop. Leopards win by large margin!

hookandladder
12-06-2013, 08:29 AM
By this time tomorrow, one of these teams will be celebrating a victory.

Pac - you need to come join us this time for some Chili , your buddy came over last time. It's all good.

Pudlugger
12-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Zero hour minus 12. Leps primed and pumped for the win. Continue the dream. Go Leps!

pacdaddy
12-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Pac - you need to come join us this time for some Chili , your buddy came over last time. It's all good.

My buddy told me that the food was excellent. Yes sir, I will step over and enjoy some of your good food. Thank you for the invite.

teetle
12-06-2013, 10:14 AM
easy teet, yall been playing basketball for a month now!!

Yous actcs likes yous came ups with something I donts knows. We ises plays Basketball. Gonzales is goins to bes playing toos shortly. Justes askes Puds. He know:tongue::bigcry::bigcry::tongue:

pacdaddy
12-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Yous actcs likes yous came ups with something I donts knows. We ises plays Basketball. Gonzales is goins to bes playing toos shortly. Justes askes Puds. He know:tongue::bigcry::bigcry::tongue:

What are you talking about!!!!:vrycnfsd: yall didn't even make the playoffs.:tongue: So how can you sit there and try and write, what little we can understand, that you know who is moving on and who is not. If your team would have showed that yall could have played/compete past your district maybe you could say something to us, but until then don't tell US something WE do know.:tisk:

teetle
12-06-2013, 11:06 AM
What are you talking about!!!!:vrycnfsd: yall didn't even make the playoffs.:tongue: So how can you sit there and try and write, what little we can understand, that you know who is moving on and who is not. If your team would have showed that yall could have played/compete past your district maybe you could say something to us, but until then don't tell US something WE do know.:tisk:

You tells me thats yous knows that Gonzales is goins toes beats LaGrange. Yous mustes has a crystal ball. Yous wills bes playing baskettsballs bys tomorrow. Goods lucks on beating LaGrange.:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

pacdaddy
12-06-2013, 11:18 AM
You tells me thats yous knows that Gonzales is goins toes beats LaGrange. Yous mustes has a crystal ball. Yous wills bes playing baskettsballs bys tomorrow. Goods lucks on beating LaGrange.:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

I never said that I knew or know that we can beat LG, that is coming from your mouth. What I said, and let me make it as clear as I can so you can understand it, is - that- you -can- not-sit- there-and-actually-predict-who-is-going-actually-win-the-game-when-sealy-never-even-made-it-out-of-the-district. After tonight give me some crow and I will eat it, but until then yes I do have a crystal ball and I have seen the future and you guys weren't:taunt: in it, and Gonzales were in the Quarter-finals.:evillol:

Cam
12-06-2013, 11:44 AM

yep, they announced it last night on the news. I'll be poppin' me some popcorn, breakin' out my favorite blankie, and watchin' me some LG/Gonzo football on KBVO channel 51 on my Dish!....:thumbsup:

teetle
12-06-2013, 11:49 AM
I never said that I knew or know that we can beat LG, that is coming from your mouth. What I said, and let me make it as clear as I can so you can understand it, is - that- you -can- not-sit- there-and-actually-predict-who-is-going-actually-win-the-game-when-sealy-never-even-made-it-out-of-the-district. After tonight give me some crow and I will eat it, but until then yes I do have a crystal ball and I have seen the future and you guys weren't:taunt: in it, and Gonzales were in the Quarter-finals.:evillol:

Yous mustes bes more igornant than I bes. Whats doeses Sealy making it out of Districtses has to do with LaGrange ors Gonzaleses. Waits tills after the game. youll sees. Pud knowes. Sealyes inptnesses hases nothing to does with its. Gonzales hases alls to do withes its. Theys goins to falls short. Yous justes waites and sees.:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

44INAROW
12-06-2013, 11:59 AM
yep, they announced it last night on the news. I'll be poppin' me some popcorn, breakin' out my favorite blankie, and watchin' me some LG/Gonzo football on KBVO channel 51 on my Dish!....:thumbsup:

is that channel 2 on DirectV - does anyone know? our channel 2 is Austin but I don't know the name of it - that would be super cool..

Pudlugger
12-06-2013, 12:03 PM
44 I believe it's channel 51 on Directv.

PappaFeelGood
12-06-2013, 12:23 PM

Pud that is correct Ch51 direct tv. I am not totally sure but from the way I understand it they are only showing some of the game. I believe that they are showing parts of 3 other games. Whatever they do will be good to watch. I believe there is some UIL rules and probably the longhorn network has something to do with it. LOL.

hookandladder
12-06-2013, 03:26 PM

I have Dish and I know for sure KBVO is channel 51 on Dish Network.

Cam
12-06-2013, 04:10 PM
I have Dish and I know for sure KBVO is channel 51 on Dish Network.

....that would be correct hook......I have no idea where KBVO would be on Direct TV.....I think Direct's channel 51 shows Jack Lalanne reruns all day....including never before seen bloopers where ol' Jack throws an F bomb after his white German shepherd (Happy) pukes on his workout matte....:ack!:....and my favorite blooper, when Jack gets mounted by Happy while Jack's demonstrating the proper way to do pushups!......Classic stuff!..... :D

Pudlugger
12-06-2013, 05:31 PM
its Ch 51 on Dish and Directv

1st and goal
12-06-2013, 05:42 PM
I wouldn't mind joining you guys for the chili dip Hook and Pud, but I've been nursing a cough/cold that keeps me from sleeping good for the last 6 nights.

I know this will be a good game. If LG keeps mistakes minimized, I think they'll win by 14. The cold weather is going to be bitter for both teams. I suspect both teams mostly running the ball. Sure wish #32 for GZ was there so they could be full strength too. There could be a bunch of turnovers.

Best of luck to both teams. Everyone drive safely and get home safely. Hope no players get hurt. You can't over plan cold weather gear for a game like this. It's already 32°.

Pud, that dog of yours sure grew up fast.

Pudlugger
12-06-2013, 06:03 PM
I wouldn't mind joining you guys for the chili dip Hook and Pud, but I've been nursing a cough/cold that keeps me from sleeping good for the last 6 nights.

I know this will be a good game. If LG keeps mistakes minimized, I think they'll win by 14. The cold weather is going to be bitter for both teams. I suspect both teams mostly running the ball. Sure wish #32 for GZ was there so they could be full strength too. There could be a bunch of turnovers.

Best of luck to both teams. Everyone drive safely and get home safely. Hope no players get hurt. You can't over plan cold weather gear for a game like this. It's already 32°.

Pud, that dog of yours sure grew up fast.

I hope you are feeling better soon 1st. Yes those pups grow fast don't they? They start out small and cute and before you know it they are eating you out of house and home. Just like my kids.:)

GZ is playing real good football now with or without #32. The Leps will expect a tough game and have prepared accordingly. Running the ball is what they do and likewise for the Leps. I'm dressing in layers with gloves, hand warmers, blankets and ski masks. Ms. Pudlugger will wear her Fox coat etc. We will be toasty warm.

Got to get ready for the game. Go Leps!

Tejastrue
12-06-2013, 06:21 PM
yep, they announced it last night on the news. I'll be poppin' me some popcorn, breakin' out my favorite blankie, and watchin' me some LG/Gonzo football on KBVO channel 51 on my Dish!....:thumbsup: I have TWC and it's on 1525 in HD. Will have the oak wood burning in the fireplace and also have most of the evening to myself so I'll be able to enjoy the game with no distractions. Looking forward to seeing what all the hoopla is about for these two teams. I don't really have a favorite here so am wishing all the best for both La Grange and Gonzales and safe travels for all.

ApachePride
12-06-2013, 06:38 PM
is that channel 2 on DirectV - does anyone know? our channel 2 is Austin but I don't know the name of it - that would be super cool..

You have have Austin locals on Dish or DirecTV.. The game won't be seen in Gonzales county because their allocated to San Antonio locals.. The game is available in Fayette, Bastrop, Travis, Caldwell, Williamson, Lee, Hays counties..

BB BULLS
12-06-2013, 06:38 PM
its Ch 51 on Dish and Directv

dont see on 51on directv but they may not have until close to game time

MustangFootball
12-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Is there a link for this game???

ApachePride
12-06-2013, 07:23 PM
dont see on 51on directv but they may not have until close to game time

You have to have Austin locals to view the game on ch. 51.. Bellville (Austin county) gets Houston locals

Spursfan
12-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Is there an audio LINK???

Cam
12-06-2013, 08:54 PM
I have TWC and it's on 1525 in HD. Will have the oak wood burning in the fireplace and also have most of the evening to myself so I'll be able to enjoy the game with no distractions. Looking forward to seeing what all the hoopla is about for these two teams. I don't really have a favorite here so am wishing all the best for both La Grange and Gonzales and safe travels for all.

yep....I'm watchin' it too!....but decided against the popcorn....eatin' cookies instead......LG up 7-0.....So far it looks like Gonzo gonna have trouble movin' the ball....this is way cool!.....they need to show more 3A games in the future....well...4A now....

Spursfan
12-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Is there an audio LINK???

http://radio.securenetsystems.net/v5/KBUK

I found i!!

44INAROW
12-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Won't let me listen. Says no mobile app 😞

44INAROW
12-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Score still 7-2? We ate listening to LV vs Sinton. Good game...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cam
12-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Score still 7-2? We ate listening to LV vs Sinton. Good game...

LG - 14
Gonzo - 8

Cam
12-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Won't let me listen. Says no mobile app ��

I've got a pretty picture!.....If you jump on your private jet now, you'll be at Burnet airport just in time for the 2nd half!.....

Cam
12-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Wow! Gonzo went for it on 4th and 1 on their own 35 with 1:59 left!....Didn't make it....LG ball now with a chance to get more points......That, is a bad coaching move!....To top it off, Gonzo got penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct.....HC still bickering with the refs.....

44INAROW
12-06-2013, 09:24 PM
I've got a pretty picture!.....If you jump on your private jet now, you'll be at Burnet airport just in time for the 2nd half!.....

😜🏈.

Cam
12-06-2013, 09:29 PM
����.

what does two little squares mean?....did you just cuss me out 44??.

Cam
12-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Gonzo holds....LG tries 48 yd. FG. NO good. Gonzo ball only 19 seconds left for the half....

Tejastrue
12-06-2013, 09:31 PM
yep....I'm watchin' it too!....but decided against the popcorn....eatin' cookies instead......LG up 7-0.....So far it looks like Gonzo gonna have trouble movin' the ball....this is way cool!.....they need to show more 3A games in the future....well...4A now....

Yes indeed about showing more 3A/future 4A games. That LB #52 Miller for Gonzales gained a fan from Wimberley. Heck of a player.

zebrablue2
12-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Halftime--LG up 14-8!!!

Cam
12-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Yes indeed about showing more 3A/future 4A games. That LB #52 Miller for Gonzales gained a fan from Wimberley. Heck of a player.

Yes! He is an animal!....I'll bet he eats raw meat at least twice a week!....

44INAROW
12-06-2013, 09:37 PM
what does two little squares mean?....did you just cuss me out 44??.

It is a little football and a smiley face with his tongue sticking out

Cam
12-06-2013, 09:41 PM
It is a little football and a smiley face with his tongue sticking out

no it ain't....it's two little squares!.....:doh:

Cam
12-06-2013, 10:10 PM
LG fumble...Gonzo on LG 30

Good game going here....but I gotta admit, the announcers are boring me!.....

Gonzo on LG 9

Cam
12-06-2013, 10:17 PM
LG holds!

Cam
12-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Good luck to the LEPS next week! Good season Gonzo! Your soph. QB (Ramirez) is a gamer!

Tejastrue
12-06-2013, 11:25 PM
That's is the problem Cam. They were one dimensional with their QB in 2011 and still the same this year. LG was not much different tonight but in all due respect the weather may have been a factor for both sides.

pacdaddy
12-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Good game tribe, it was a great year here in Gonzales. Congrats to the Leps, kick some butt for region 4 as y'all move on to the next round.

Roughneck93
12-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Congrats LG!

PappaFeelGood
12-07-2013, 12:22 AM
Congrats to the Gonzales Apaches on a great season.

Pudlugger
12-07-2013, 12:34 AM
Great defensive struggle Leps way to step up and get the win. The weather made the game plan pretty much plain vanilla but the offense broke some big plays to keep the Apaches on the ropes the whole night. Congratulations to the Apaches though as they played very tough right up until the final 30 seconds. #52 Miller mlb was outstanding as was #22 Ramirez the young Qb who had some great moves. Gonzales made what looked like a disappointing season in game 10 losing to Smithville into a very successful run in the playoffs. That shows not only talent but great heart and coaching. The Leps will be facing their biggest challenge so far next week against Carthage. Last time they met was in the 2009 semi-final losing 27-14. This year the Leps will be ready and able to even the score.

Go Leps beat Carthage!

Manso/V8
12-07-2013, 01:12 AM
Great season Apaches!........your success in the playoffs makes our first round loss to you sting a little less.

Congrats to La Grange on the win.
I have to admit I was a little, no a lot, disappointed that the Leps seemed to struggle some.
I was expecting a bigger win.
R4 is riding on your shoulders and Carthage is gonna be tough.

Pudlugger
12-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Great season Apaches!........your success in the playoffs makes our first round loss to you sting a little less.

Congrats to La Grange on the win.
I have to admit I was a little, no a lot, disappointed that the Leps seemed to struggle some.
I was expecting a bigger win.
R4 is riding on your shoulders and Carthage is gonna be tough.

Gonzales played a tough game on defense . It is always hard to beat a good team twice. The Apache coach had prepared his team well and it showed on their defense. Our passing game was literally on ice tonight but it will be thawed out by next week. I'm hoping for a trip to Huntsville for the semi-final but we have not won the toss yet so we'll see.

hookandladder
12-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Congrats to the Apaches on a solid season , Coach Lock had his team fired up to play the Leps. The Leps can the defense for this win , yes I know the weather was not good but LG offense was not good all night. I will have to credit some questionable play calling on offense for the lack of production from the running , just could not understand why we kept trying to run wide when we popping 6-8 yards right up the gut. I am no football guy however looked like we could have kept giving it to Filmore straight up the gut till they stop it, like they say an ugly win is still a win. Next week the offense will need to step up or it could be a long night, Carthage will be the best team we have faced all year.

Pudlugger
12-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Congrats to the Apaches on a solid season , Coach Lock had his team fired up to play the Leps. The Leps can the defense for this win , yes I know the weather was not good but LG offense was not good all night. I will have to credit some questionable play calling on offense for the lack of production from the running , just could not understand why we kept trying to run wide when we popping 6-8 yards right up the gut. I am no football guy however looked like we could have kept giving it to Filmore straight up the gut till they stop it, like they say an ugly win is still a win. Next week the offense will need to step up or it could be a long night, Carthage will be the best team we have faced all year.

Hook you are spot on with your assessment. The Lep offense has had better nights. The Lep defense gets the game ball for two goal line stands last night. Very impressed with the way the D line adjusted at the half after GZ seemed to own the LOS in the first half. They came out and shut down the middle forcing the Apaches to go wide where our speed advantage disallowed any big gainers. Also what's up with the play signalling that took so darn long? We burned three TOs trying to get the plays in. Credit the OC with that bubble screen that worked flawlessly for a critical big gainer by Fillmore. Also, the QB draw that took Davis 55 yards to the 1 setting up our first score was outstanding. Hutchison proved that he can go to the house on any play again last night with his 56 yard scamper off right tackle. If he gets behind the secondary he is gone. It will be interesting to test some of that East Texas speed we here so much about on the board these days. Hutchison brings some good old South Central Texas speed to the table. I would like to see some more screen passes next week to confound the big Carthage D line. Wind and weather probably hurt us as we pass the ball more and last night it was limited to short swing passes mostly. The high snap resulting in the safety and short field led to GZ only scoring in the 1st Qtr after that our D took charge. The other error was the fumble that occurred in the middle of a scrum when Hutchison was stood straight up in the grasp of 4 or 5 Apache tacklers after a 3 yard gainer. The refs were a bit slow on the whistle last night and fortunately no one got hurt. The refs did a good job of letting the boys play ball though and seemed to make the right calls when they threw the flags. As hook says an ugly win but a win nonetheless. Now we better hunker down and get some hard work in preparing for the best team we will face so far.

fire_it_up
12-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Congrats Apaches on a great season and congrats LG on the win. That being said, I don't think you're giving the Apache D enough credit. They are the reason your O struggled. Our boys fought hard and the game was within one touchdown most of the night. In case you don't remember, you didn't have breathing room until middle of the 4th. Yes you shut us out 2nd half, but LG only got one break in the 2nd half either. We were in that game the whole time. Much more than ya'll care to admit, but a wins a win, so congrats and good luck.

Pudlugger
12-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Congrats Apaches on a great season and congrats LG on the win. That being said, I don't think you're giving the Apache D enough credit. They are the reason your O struggled. Our boys fought hard and the game was within one touchdown most of the night. In case you don't remember, you didn't have breathing room until middle of the 4th. Yes you shut us out 2nd half, but LG only got one break in the 2nd half either. We were in that game the whole time. Much more than ya'll care to admit, but a wins a win, so congrats and good luck.

I think I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that the Apaches played tough and that their D line owned the LOS in the first half. What do you want? Yes the game was close as most defensive battles are. The Gonzales team we played last night was head and shoulders better than the one we played in October. My point as was hook's is if we don't have a better showing from our offense next week we will be cooked. That is not a dig at Gonzales just the facts. Carthage is ranked 2nd in the state behind Argyle (MaxPreps). We're ranked 6th. It will be an uphill battle for the Leps next week. Nice season Gonzales, see you next year maybe.

gameface
12-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Gonzales- y'all are a tough team- well fought battle despite the wind & cold. Hook & Pudd- good points regarding do what works. Filmore did find the gaps up the middle & I would have liked a little more of that. That being said, LG was limited due to cold & extreme north wind with usual passing efforts. Now,LG gotta get focused on Carthage-will be tough but I know we can prevail. We're healthy, talented, well coached & game face is on. LG by 10.

teetle
12-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Gonzallases played a very goods game buts lostes toos a superior Lep teams. Chalks another ones for Teedy.:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Gontex
12-08-2013, 09:37 AM
I know that if "ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we would all have a merry Christmas". It would surely have been nice if Gonzales had the two seniors that they lost during the season able to play Friday night against the Leps.
When you lose 2 way starters, it definitely affects your team's performance. Tyler Filla is a huge offensive/defensive lineman. He definitely would have presented Ledwick a big problem. DJ Gonzales was a running back who could tote the pigskin real well. He could have taken some of the pressure off Ramirez and added more depth to the defense as well. On the plus side, Filla's injury allowed a sophomore lineman to develop and get lots of playing time. Nothing helps to grow a player like experience does. I would like to thank those two guys for their efforts this year. You weren't on the field, and you were missed by your teammates. Looking forward to seeing Ramirez (soph), Miller (frosh) and James (jr) on the field again next year. Future looks bright for the Apaches.

Good luck to the Leps against Carthage. Hope you bring a sc to District 26. That would be a terrific swan song for a district that will no longer exist after this year.

By the way teets, your posts are annoying. I guess that's what you are shooting for tho, so you are successful at that.

teetle
12-09-2013, 09:44 AM
I know that if "ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we would all have a merry Christmas". It would surely have been nice if Gonzales had the two seniors that they lost during the season able to play Friday night against the Leps.
When you lose 2 way starters, it definitely affects your team's performance. Tyler Filla is a huge offensive/defensive lineman. He definitely would have presented Ledwick a big problem. DJ Gonzales was a running back who could tote the pigskin real well. He could have taken some of the pressure off Ramirez and added more depth to the defense as well. On the plus side, Filla's injury allowed a sophomore lineman to develop and get lots of playing time. Nothing helps to grow a player like experience does. I would like to thank those two guys for their efforts this year. You weren't on the field, and you were missed by your teammates. Looking forward to seeing Ramirez (soph), Miller (frosh) and James (jr) on the field again next year. Future looks bright for the Apaches.

Good luck to the Leps against Carthage. Hope you bring a sc to District 26. That would be a terrific swan song for a district that will no longer exist after this year.

By the way teets, your posts are annoying. I guess that's what you are shooting for tho, so you are successful at that.

I hases nothing buts respects fors Gonzales. LaGranges wases justes alittles betters. Sometines itses hards for some peoples to acceptses. Theys both betters than Sealy. I hates thats. Buts thats the wayes it ises.:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

underthetepee
12-09-2013, 10:44 AM
what I find humerous Gontex is that up to 5 minutes to go in the game it was a 14-8 ballgame. late in the 3rd quarter the apaches were held on downs at the LG 3 yardline.This was a team that was defeated 48-19 by the same team during district play. Still the excuses of weather and this and that.GZ players and coaches get very little credit for the improvement and effort in this contest.. Good luck to the Leps and Coach Kates. I will always support our region!

hookandladder
12-09-2013, 10:45 AM
I hases nothing buts respects fors Gonzales. LaGranges wases justes alittles betters. Sometines itses hards for some peoples to acceptses. Theys both betters than Sealy. I hates thats. Buts thats the wayes it ises.:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

I like Teetle, he tells its like it is. Sometime the truth hurts, that's part of life.

bigcat8
12-09-2013, 11:47 AM
well I don't know Teetle, but have seen both LaGrange and Carthage play this year. Carthage is just better. So when they beat LG friday night. keep that in mind. CarthaGE is just better and that's the truth.
I like Teetle, he tells its like it is. Sometime the truth hurts, that's part of life.

hookandladder
12-09-2013, 02:32 PM
well I don't know Teetle, but have seen both LaGrange and Carthage play this year. Carthage is just better. So when they beat LG friday night. keep that in mind. CarthaGE is just better and that's the truth.

Time will tell, bigcat. I have never said LG we win, I think they have a good chance at beating them. Maybe some crow for you, if you are wrong.

teetle
12-09-2013, 03:53 PM
I trieses toos bes truthfuls. This mights mys last years. i ams goin to retires froms driving de busses thises years. Theres mays bes nose mores Teedy:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

YTBulldogs
12-09-2013, 04:04 PM
I trieses toos bes truthfuls. This mights mys last years. i ams goin to retires froms driving de busses thises years. Theres mays bes nose mores Teedy:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Happy retirement T. I for one enjoyed decoding your post's.

bigcat8
12-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Well I'm saying they won't. Not vs Carhtage. LG barely gets by a team they beat by 30 earlier in the year. No crow eaten in this deal. Carthage wins!
Time will tell, bigcat. I have never said LG we win, I think they have a good chance at beating them. Maybe some crow for you, if you are wrong.

zebrablue2
12-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Well I'm saying they won't. Not vs Carhtage. LG barely gets by a team they beat by 30 earlier in the year. No crow eaten in this deal. Carthage wins!

Let it be quoted, and let it be noted, crow is in the freezer!!!

Pudlugger
12-09-2013, 06:05 PM

Gonzales in December was a much improved team than when we played them in October. Give them a little credit they beat two district champions, Bellville and Fred, and blew out RF to get to the 4th round. It was a defensive struggle with two goal line stands by the Leps that was the difference. Gonzales was a good test for the Leps to win against a big and physical O line and a very talented Qb in 15-20 mph winds and 31 degree freezing drizzle. They are ready for more Friday. You might be surprised how they do this Friday. No one has a crystal ball. It will be a battle.

bigcat8
12-09-2013, 06:06 PM
whatever zebra. you ate enough crow for everybody after the Gonzales loss!
Let it be quoted, and let it be noted, crow is in the freezer!!!

YTBulldogs
12-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Gonzales in December was a much improved team than when we played them in October. Give them a little credit they beat two district champions, Bellville and Fred, and blew out RF to get to the 4th round. It was a defensive struggle with two goal line stands by the Leps that was the difference. Gonzales was a good test for the Leps to win against a big and physical O line and a very talented Qb in 15-20 mph winds and 31 degree freezing drizzle. They are ready for more Friday. You might be surprised how they do this Friday. No one has a crystal ball. It will be a battle.

:ditto: GZ played them tougher in act 2 as I thought they would. And, not sure LG is getting the respect they have earned heading into this game. Yes, Carthage is the beast from the east. They have LG's respect I assure you. But, this LG team is very talented and warrants some respect too IMO. It will be a good game. Love to see my LG friends at Jerry's World. CB has had their fair share. Get some new faces in the show.

teetle
12-10-2013, 02:08 PM
I's probablys bes backs. i cants leaves Pudes alls alones. It justes woulds nots bes right. Justs donts underestimated LaGrange. Theys wills jumps ups and bites yous.:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Pudlugger
12-10-2013, 03:04 PM
I's probablys bes backs. i cants leaves Pudes alls alones. It justes woulds nots bes right. Justs donts underestimated LaGrange. Theys wills jumps ups and bites yous.:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Thanks teetle,I woulds misses you toos.

Gontex
12-14-2013, 01:45 PM
I had my daughter record this game for me and I finally got a chance to go and watch it last evening. I must admit that it was much nicer watching the game in her nice warm living room than it was freezing my buns off on the 50 yard line last week in Bastrop. I noticed several things that weren't quite so obvious while I was sitting there trying to stay warm. First of all, #14 for LaGrange was a hoss. I don't think I even noticed him at the stadium that night, but he clearly stood out on television. Gonzales' middle linebacker, JT Miller, deserves some consideration from some college program somewhere. He plays with a lot of heart and will really smack you. Alyas Ramirez is one guy that I am going to be glad to see on the field again next year. Jordan Johnson is really going to be missed by the Apaches as will several other seniors who played their hearts out. This post would simple never end if I named all of them. I do have to add that Ramirez's throwing ability came into view during the last 5 minutes of the game. He was spot on with his passes throwing into that stiff north wind. Both teams played tremendous defense. The weather may have slowed down those two high scoring offenses, but those two defenses out on the field had a lot to do with it too. Finally I have to talk about the respect these two programs showed to one another when the game was over. The sportsmanship was remarkable considering the hard hitting that took place during the game. Congratulations to the Leps for moving on. Sorry you lost last evening, but between Gonzales and LaGrange, district 26 was represented very well in the state playoffs this year.