PDA

View Full Version : 3A D2 Reg II Finals: Argyle vs Gladewater

Eagle Nation
11-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Has anyone heard where it will be played and when?

firstdown
11-30-2013, 08:02 PM
Has anyone heard where it will be played and when?

7:30 Friday Dec. 6 @Kincaide

kctckc
11-30-2013, 08:05 PM
Are we going to be the home team?

regaleagle
11-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Sounds like another tough tussle upcoming with another one of those DOD teams. I guess Argyle has the unique disposition to play these Zoom Doom teams, haha. Well.....I reckon we should get em while we're hot, huh?

regaleagle
11-30-2013, 09:15 PM
This will be one of those "trap" games if there ever was one for the Eagles this season. You can't look at Gladewater's record....that's for sure. From what the Gilmerites always say about this team, Gladewater plays them tough every year. I think this is one of them toughie types that just won't let go. They call themselves the Bears.

cowboyandchrist
11-30-2013, 09:19 PM
Sounds like another tough tussle upcoming with another one of those DOD teams. I guess Argyle has the unique disposition to play these Zoom Doom teams, haha. Well.....I reckon we should get em while we're hot, huh?

Gladewater not near as good as the Buckeyes, but they have a D lineman that plays full back that can hurt your players if they don't hit him just right. He is going to A&M next year. Ranked the best D lineman in the state. He can pound the rock and he is fast for a 280 pound guy.

TXfootballboi!
11-30-2013, 10:08 PM
Argyle wins this one easy. East team really aint ready for Argyle

Eagle Nation
11-30-2013, 10:16 PM
We will be visitors again

poisoned10
12-01-2013, 12:18 AM
Gladewater not near as good as the Buckeyes, but they have a D lineman that plays full back that can hurt your players if they don't hit him just right. He is going to A&M next year. Ranked the best D lineman in the state. He can pound the rock and he is fast for a 280 pound guy.

Actually, he is just a junior. He will be at Gladewater again next year.

Sent from my iPhone

orange machine
12-01-2013, 12:55 AM
Actually, he is just a junior. He will be at Gladewater again next year.

Sent from my iPhone

Wonder what it would take to get him to Celina lol!!!:stirpot:

orange machine
12-01-2013, 12:58 AM
Argyle 50
Gladwater 17

Aesculus gilmus
12-01-2013, 06:31 AM
This will be one of those "trap" games if there ever was one for the Eagles this season. You can't look at Gladewater's record....that's for sure. From what the Gilmerites always say about this team, Gladewater plays them tough every year. I think this is one of them toughie types that just won't let go. They call themselves the Bears.

I don't agree. 52-14 ain't "tough." I was there. They only play Gilmer tough occasionally because we are bitter rivals from time immemorial - "Battle of the G-towns" only 14 miles apart.

This is a one-dimensional team. Their coach came from Longview a few years ago and brought the same unimaginative offense with him.

Trust me. You can send your JV to this game and rest your starters for Graham and Fairfield.

hollywood
12-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Argyle in dominating fashion.

Argyle's ability to play one demensional teams will prevail.

Argyle by 28+

Graham has their own battle with a one dimensional team in Shallowater.

Graham and Argyle are destined to play in the DII semis.

Graham will finally be tested. Should be another great one.

adoptedbuckeye
12-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Gladewater is here because they had to take their all star defensive lineman and put the team on his back. So far he has carried them but Argyle is much stronger than one man. Their offensive scheme is incredibly predictable. 3rd down and long-hey let's run a toss outside. 3rd and 15-let's run the toss to the other side! Or they might even try to pound it right up the middle on every, single, play. When we went and watched Gladewater play Kilgore the fans were literally laughing at their team and talking about how pitiful their team was- and the Bears had a real shot at winning that game! I bet those same fans are talking about how they will beat Argyle this week. I have never seen so many Gladewater Bears stickers on vehicles around the area in my life. I'm sorry bandwagoners, but it ends this week.

cowboyandchrist
12-01-2013, 10:10 AM
Gladewater is here because they had to take their all star defensive lineman and put the team on his back. So far he has carried them but Argyle is much stronger than one man. Their offensive scheme is incredibly predictable. 3rd down and long-hey let's run a toss outside. 3rd and 15-let's run the toss to the other side! Or they might even try to pound it right up the middle on every, single, play. When we went and watched Gladewater play Kilgore the fans were literally laughing at their team and talking about how pitiful their team was- and the Bears had a real shot at winning that game! I bet those same fans are talking about how they will beat Argyle this week. I have never seen so many Gladewater Bears stickers on vehicles around the area in my life. I'm sorry bandwagoners, but it ends this week.

I know that Argyle will win this game, but give Gladewater credit, they are in the fourth round and you don't get there unless you are playing dang good football. I remember a Tatum team(1996) that lost the first four games and one of those games was to Daingerfield. They went on to beat that same Daingerfield team in the quarter finals and then went on and played 4 time state champ Sealy in the championship game. They will come to play and I believe they will give Argyle a good game. Argyle may score fifty but those Bears will play until the final whistle.

adoptedbuckeye
12-01-2013, 10:21 AM
I know that Argyle will win this game, but give Gladewater credit, they are in the fourth round and you don't get there unless you are playing dang good football. I remember a Tatum team(1996) that lost the first four games and one of those games was to Daingerfield. They went on to beat that same Daingerfield team in the quarter finals and then went on and played 4 time state champ Sealy in the championship game. They will come to play and I believe they will give Argyle a good game. Argyle may score fifty but those Bears will play until the final whistle.
I don't doubt what you say but that would require an entirely different Gladewater team to be playing from what I have seen. Against Gilmer they gave up very quickly and against Kilgore they played with zero enthusiasm. I think a lot of that had to do with their fans not supporting them. Nobody cheered for the bears when they had Kilgore right where they wanted them. Momentum swung Kilgore's way and Gladewater fans rolled their eyes and started the "I told you so's". That burns me up more than anything. We had to leave because I wanted to scream at their fans for disgracing a decent football team. I hope the Bears have progressed as a team since then but I don't see them challenging Argyle.

Aesculus gilmus
12-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Argyle may score fifty but those Bears will play until the final whistle.

I agree in the sense that Gladewater will not forfeit the game.

Argyle will likely score considerably MORE than fifty.

Bullaholic
12-01-2013, 11:23 AM
If Gilmer couldn't beat Argyle, I don't think there is anyone left in the bracket who can, and that's not throwing down on anybody left in the bracket. I say chalk another one up to Argyle by 14+. They just don't have many weaknesses.

Aggie98
12-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Gladewater has made an unbelievable run for a 4th place team that only has 5 seniors. But I can't see them hanging with Argyle for very long at all. Still a great season to build on.

regaleagle
12-02-2013, 08:48 PM
The weather in this game should play in Gladewater's favor moreso than Argyle's. It should limit the scoring opportunities a bit and keep the Eagles from passing the rock too much. If its also windy with the cold...and rainy or freezing precip...that makes things even more dicey and icey, so to speak. The game last week with Gilmer took only 3 hrs and 5 mins. from start to finish. This one will probably be less. Both Gilmer and Argyle passed for quite a few yards last week. That won't be the case come this Friday nite. This clock-aided game will also be to Gladewater's liking. I can't see the Argyle coaches gameplanning for many passes with this weather forecast. OC Shea Nanny will probably allow for some passes by Boyzuick, esp, after his performance against Gilmer last week. But I suspect the passes will be limited. That 300lb defensive tackle All American Gladewater has that they also use in their backfield for short rushes will be a load for any team to deal with. He's leaning to A&M, but that could change. Everybody says he's very athletic for his size and has some quickness and speed for a player his size. I don't think Argyle has anybody that can matchup against him one on one. Gladewater's D held Gainesville in check with only 121 total yards for the game is what I heard. And Gainesville scored their only points on a kickoff return late....that was part of the yardage, also. So don't think this Gladewater team won't be able to get their stops on Argyle....they will. Argyle will have to outscore them and get some stops too.

adoptedbuckeye
12-02-2013, 08:56 PM
The weather in this game should play in Gladewater's favor moreso than Argyle's. It should limit the scoring opportunities a bit and keep the Eagles from passing the rock too much. If its also windy with the cold...and rainy or freezing precip...that makes things even more dicey and icey, so to speak. The game last week with Gilmer took only 3 hrs and 5 mins. from start to finish. This one will probably be less. Both Gilmer and Argyle passed for quite a few yards last week. That won't be the case come this Friday nite. This clock-aided game will also be to Gladewater's liking. I can't see the Argyle coaches gameplanning for many passes with this weather forecast. OC Shea Nanny will probably allow for some passes by Boyzuick, esp, after his performance against Gilmer last week. But I suspect the passes will be limited. That 300lb defensive tackle All American Gladewater has that they also use in their backfield for short rushes will be a load for any team to deal with. He's leaning to A&M, but that could change. Everybody says he's very athletic for his size and has some quickness and speed for a player his size. I don't think Argyle has anybody that can matchup against him one on one. Gladewater's D held Gainesville in check with only 121 total yards for the game is what I heard. And Gainesville scored their only points on a kickoff return late....that was part of the yardage, also. So don't think this Gladewater team won't be able to get their stops on Argyle....they will. Argyle will have to outscore them and get some stops too.

Regal, I think one of the main advantages Argyle can chalk up is their experience. Gladewater is very young and undisciplined compared to your seasoned Argyle squad. Their guys react very differently when the game emotions swing than Argyle's level-headed players. The big-game playoff experience Argyle's seniors have built over the last 3 years will prove invaluable from this week forward for sure.

regaleagle
12-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Regal, I think one of the main advantages Argyle can chalk up is their experience. Gladewater is very young and undisciplined compared to your seasoned Argyle squad. Their guys react very differently when the game emotions swing than Argyle's level-headed players. The big-game playoff experience Argyle's seniors have built over the last 3 years will prove invaluable from this week forward for sure.

Okay....that's one of those intangibles that's in Argyle's favor for sure. The weather is in their favor and the intangible is in Argyle's favor.

Aesculus gilmus
12-03-2013, 05:33 AM
Okay....that's one of those intangibles that's in Argyle's favor for sure. The weather is in their favor and the intangible is in Argyle's favor.

I don't guess you were actually in attendance at the Gilmer game. Boyzuick passed some, but he certainly didn't have to. Gilmer couldn't ever stop Sadler or Ralston.

Winter weather favors Argyle. Talent favors Argyle. Experience favors Argyle. Coaching favors Argyle. Being only 50 miles from home favors Argyle.

Everything both tangible and intangible favors Argyle.

Gladewater never expected to make it this far and will just be in awe at being there as their Cinderella season is smashed like a pumpkin Friday night.

This is only a trap game in the sense that there will be Bears trapped, not knowing even how to get back to East Texas at around 10 p.m. That's how disoriented they'll be.

adoptedbuckeye
12-03-2013, 07:09 AM
I don't guess you were actually in attendance at the Gilmer game. Boyzuick passed some, but he certainly didn't have to. Gilmer couldn't ever stop Sadler or Ralston.

Winter weather favors Argyle. Talent favors Argyle. Experience favors Argyle. Coaching favors Argyle. Being only 50 miles from home favors Argyle.

Everything both tangible and intangible favors Argyle.

Gladewater never expected to make it this far and will just be in awe at being there as their Cinderella season is smashed like a pumpkin Friday night.

This is only a trap game in the sense that there will be Bears trapped, not knowing even how to get back to East Texas at around 10 p.m. That's how disoriented they'll be.

Now I beg to differ...there's still a huge streak of rubber on I 20 coming back to East Texas from us last week. All Gladewater's fair weather bandwagon has to do is follow it back here. Of course the players' bus will be far behind everyone else who will leave when things start to turn sour.

Aesculus gilmus
12-03-2013, 07:34 AM
Good point, adopted buckeye. I do see a slight possibility of a ray of hope for the Bears this morning. If the National Weather Service forecast for Dallas is correct, there's no way this game will be played at Kincaide Stadium on Friday night or even Saturday.

Gladewater should begin lobbying now to play it as the first game of a Friday doubleheader (the other being the already scheduled Kilgore-Chapel Hill rematch) at TMF Rose Stadium in Tyler, where the roads are still forecast to be clear.

Argyle won't like this, of course, as it has already lost there to Carthage in 2010, but I don't see any other realistic venue at which to play this game if the forecast is correct.

Aggie98
12-03-2013, 03:25 PM

Daylon Mack garners all of the headlines for Gladewater because he's such a physical freak, but they have several other good players. They have another big sophomore fullback named Justice Centers whose uncle was a All-Pro NFL fullback. They have 3 very, very fast tailbacks in James Reese (Sr), Marcello Jackson (So), and Darnell McKnight (Fr). The offensive line is not real big, but they do have one huge guard that they do most of their running behind. They will try to pound the fullbacks straight ahead for 3-4 yds and they will do that over and over and over. If you cheat LB's up to stop the dive they will pitch it out to one of the speedsters and try to pop one. They have no passing game to speak of. If they get down by 2 scores they're done.

Defensively, they are very stout against the run. Secondary is so-so. They don't really have a kicker or a punter.

regaleagle
12-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Daylon Mack garners all of the headlines for Gladewater because he's such a physical freak, but they have several other good players. They have another big sophomore fullback named Justice Centers whose uncle was a All-Pro NFL fullback. They have 3 very, very fast tailbacks in James Reese (Sr), Marcello Jackson (So), and Darnell McKnight (Fr). The offensive line is not real big, but they do have one huge guard that they do most of their running behind. They will try to pound the fullbacks straight ahead for 3-4 yds and they will do that over and over and over. If you cheat LB's up to stop the dive they will pitch it out to one of the speedsters and try to pop one. They have no passing game to speak of. If they get down by 2 scores they're done.

Defensively, they are very stout against the run. Secondary is so-so. They don't really have a kicker or a punter.

Yeah, I kinda figured their kicking game was nonexistent. And I find it hard to believe that this team out of the DOD is just soooo bad that they basically shut down a pretty darn good Gainesville club. Gainesville did beat some playoff teams this season, afterall. So all this talk about how Argyle is going to destroy this Gladewater team I take with a grain of salt. The Buckeye faithful and those from East Texas would like nothing better than to see their 16-3a brothers upset the Eagles. Based on the weather forecast for this game and the stats against Gainesville last week, not to mention the other games the Bears won to get to this regional final....I would conclude this team is dangerous. When you look at all the factors....if you're from Argyle or an Eagle fan you can see some reasons to be a little reserved about this week's game with Gladewater. I know what bad weather can do to the outcomes of games....I've seen it firsthand many times. It happens at every level....even the pros. If this game was being played in fairer weather like the Gilmer game, I would feel differently. But it won't be.....so that explains my cautious posts. Besides, the players read these posts and I want them to realize what they will be up against in this game. It will not only be the Gladewater Bears, but external factors that can cause alot of changes in the way the Eagles would normally play against a team like Gladewater. Better to be prepared for a worst-case scenario than to overlook these real factors that will come into play in this game.

waterboy
12-03-2013, 03:49 PM
This will be another Argyle domination, in my opinion. Gladewater has improved a lot since earlier in the year when Gilmer played them, but not nearly enough. I think it's "possible" that Gladewater could keep the score from getting too bad for a half, but then the second half comes........., uh, oh!

Aesculus gilmus
12-03-2013, 03:53 PM
The Buckeye faithful would like nothing better than to see their 16-3a brothers upset the Eagles.

Wow. We in the Army of Buckeyes need to educate you Argyllians on this point. Gilmer and Gladewater are neighboring towns. Schools are in the same county. Much bad blood between the two over the years. The Bears dominated us for about 30 years in the Jack V. Murphy era. We owe them a few more decades of payback.

The truth is that most of us always want to see the team that eliminated us win state. I wanted Argyle to win state in 2011. I knew it probably wasn't going to happen in 2010 because I knew how good Carthage was, but I wasn't rooting for Carthage either. I was just indifferent that year.

toddg
12-03-2013, 03:55 PM
the perfect plan against the bears...pin them on their own 5 yardline...when they hand the ball off to their big Dlineman..chase him, and make him juke and jive..but dont tackle him..let him score his 95yd TD..he'll be done the rest of the game!

regaleagle
12-03-2013, 03:57 PM
In fact, I'm fairly certain this will be a tougher "matchup" for Argyle against these Bears than it would have been against the Gainesville team. So it always comes down to this week and this week's matchup. Throw the records out.....and look at Gladewater's game against Kilgore. Kilgore has a power running game that Gladewater was able to get some stops on and keep the game close. And that was in great weather. Throw in bad weather and a few turnovers, a clock-aided game, and suddenly you're looking at a very tight contest. Just trying to be a realist here. The opposite could happen, and great for Argyle if it does. But I'm not betting on it.....not in the weather conditions that are forecasted.

We talk about the X-factor in games....well the weather forecast for this game is that X-factor, imo.

adoptedbuckeye
12-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Yeah not much love for Gladewater from Gilmer's perspective. I want Argyle to win it all and I think they are deserving of their number 1 ranking. This is Argyle's year and the Bears may be in their way, but by the end of the night the better team will be standing strong.

Aguilafanatico
12-03-2013, 05:34 PM

Mack kid looks extremely quick off the ball which IMO is one of his best assets, besides the obvious measurables. I would think that varying the snap count could help the o-line and occassionally get you some free yards. A couple of his big plays vs Gainseville were made as he was moving a split second before the ball was snapped. Guys were just coming out of their stance as he was splitting the gap.

Aggie98
12-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Mack kid looks extremely quick off the ball which IMO is one of his best assets, besides the obvious measurables. I would think that varying the snap count could help the o-line and occassionally get you some free yards. A couple of his big plays vs Gainseville were made as he was moving a split second before the ball was snapped. Guys were just coming out of their stance as he was splitting the gap.

Yes, he is very, very quick and will shoot the gap if you don't keep him honest with the snap count. He did that against us and almost killed our backup QB.

regaleagle
12-04-2013, 01:03 AM
:wave::1popcorn::crazy1::taunt: GO EAGLES!!!

Aesculus gilmus
12-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Ben Baby ‏@Ben_Baby 49m
Argyle-Gladewater has moved to 6 p.m. on Friday, per Argyle HC Todd Rodgers. Still at Kincaide Stadium #txhsfb

AverageJoe
12-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Argyle wins this one handily in my opinion. Argyle looked very good against Gilmer last week. Running game was nearly unstoppable with the 2 headed monster they bring at you with the big RB and the do it all #5. Great offensive and defensive lines that control the line of scrimmage very well.

regaleagle
12-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Argyle wins this one handily in my opinion. Argyle looked very good against Gilmer last week. Running game was nearly unstoppable with the 2 headed monster they bring at you with the big RB and the do it all #5. Great offensive and defensive lines that control the line of scrimmage very well.

The two-headed monster you speak of for those of you not aware is called "Thunder(Ralston) & Lightning(Sadler). So not only will Gladewater and their fans have to deal with this Cleon stormfront moving into N. Texas, but there will also be Thunder & Lightning in the forecast associated with this stormfront for the Bears.

waterboy
12-05-2013, 01:15 PM
The two-headed monster you speak of for those of you not aware is called "Thunder(Ralston) & Lightning(Sadler). So not only will Gladewater and their fans have to deal with this Cleon stormfront moving into N. Texas, but there will also be Thunder & Lightning in the forecast associated with this stormfront for the Bears.

Nice play on words there, regaleagle! I think you're right. Good luck to the Eagles! This should be your year to get 'er done!

waterboy
12-05-2013, 03:08 PM
This game has been moved from 7:30 to a 6:00 kickoff, right?

Eagle Nation
12-05-2013, 03:37 PM
This game has been moved from 7:30 to a 6:00 kickoff, right?

Yes, nothing new on any other changes from AISD

Lion70
12-06-2013, 09:04 AM
Gladewater (8-6, 4-0 Neutral) 38Win

Argyle (13-1, 3-1 Neutral) 31Loss

Game Details

12/6/13 6:00p

Q1

Q2

Q3

Q4

OT1

Final

Gladewater

Argyle

Location Kincaide Stadium, DIS

according to the UIL they allready won lol

Aggie98
12-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Game will not be played today... they will reschedule.

Eagle11
12-06-2013, 09:30 AM
so was the game played or not?

Aesculus gilmus
12-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Game will not be played today... they will reschedule.

Gladewater won. Time for Argyle to air up the basketballs. They're good at that, too, so they shouldn't mind too much.

Eagle11
12-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Gladewater won. Time for Argyle to air up the basketballs. They're good at that, too, so they shouldn't mind too much.
this is great! no more Argyle or Gilmer smack!

waterboy
12-06-2013, 09:37 AM
:eek: Holy cow! I didn't even know they played yet! Bwahahaha...

Oh, well! Time to air up the basketballs, Argyle!:doh:

Ragin Red
12-06-2013, 09:38 AM

Excuse me am I missing something did this game get played or not?

Eagle Nation
12-06-2013, 09:43 AM
The game hasn't been played and hasn't been rescheduled yet.

Ragin Red
12-06-2013, 09:45 AM
The game hasn't been played and hasn't been rescheduled yet.

Thank you for info. UIL must be drinking

waterboy
12-06-2013, 09:45 AM
The people I've talked to said they "think" it'll be played Monday at a time to be determined.

waterboy
12-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Thank you for info. UIL must be drinking

Sometimes I wonder if that's what they're doing when they do the district realignments every two years, lol!

Ragin Red
12-06-2013, 09:48 AM
The people I've talked to said they "think" it'll be played Monday at a time to be determined.

Graham is scheduled to play tomorrow at 3:00 p.m. in sweetwater

Ragin Red
12-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Sometimes I wonder if that's what they're doing when they do the district realignments every two years, lol!
Wondering when new district alignment will be out? Curious on which way Graham is going......

Aguilafanatico
12-06-2013, 09:58 AM
:eek: Holy cow! I didn't even know they played yet! Bwahahaha...

Oh, well! Time to air up the basketballs, Argyle!:doh:

The Rumors of our Demise have been greatly Exaggerated.

Aesculus gilmus
12-06-2013, 10:29 AM
The Rumors of our Demise have been greatly Exaggerated.

Have you got any idea why these two teams didn't do the sane thing and play this last night? It would've had to move from Kincaide, but there are stadiums all over that area.

waterboy
12-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Rumor has it the game has been rescheduled for Monday evening at Waco Midway?

BLACK ATTACK
12-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Monday, 7:30, Waco Hewitt-Midway

waterboy
12-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Monday, 7:30, Waco Hewitt-Midway

Cool. I do have a reliable source in the media after all.

BLACK ATTACK
12-06-2013, 12:15 PM
sorry.....correction, 6:30

firstdown
12-07-2013, 10:44 AM
this is great! no more Argyle or Gilmer smack!

I really hope you jackwagons are in our district next year so we can go back to hanging half an hundred on you again.

buckeyebob
12-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Cool. I do have a reliable source in the media after all.

Shootem

bobcat1
12-07-2013, 12:11 PM
i really hope you jackwagons are in our district next year so we can go back to hanging half an hundred on you again. lmao!

Eagle11
12-07-2013, 09:23 PM
I really hope you jackwagons are in our district next year so we can go back to hanging half an hundred on you again.
Is that rt. Won't you be small school

skins4life
12-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Gladewater (8-6, 4-0 Neutral) 38Win

Argyle (13-1, 3-1 Neutral) 31Loss

Game Details

12/6/13 6:00p

Q1

Q2

Q3

Q4

OT1

Final

Gladewater

Argyle

Location Kincaide Stadium, DIS

according to the UIL they allready won lol
This guy has been smokin' crack or what?

Aguilafanatico
12-07-2013, 09:55 PM

Argyle will be 4A D1.

firstdown
12-08-2013, 11:24 AM

I don't think so scooter. You probably should start asking Santa to put you in a different district.

Eagle11
12-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Never thought someone could be more annoying Stephenville. But I was wrong!

Aguilafanatico
12-08-2013, 03:14 PM

If you didn't want to be "annoyed"' maybe you shouldn't have started slinging mud.

Eagle11
12-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Never slung mud. Just said I was happy if they actually lost. You are the one that is butt hurt because everyone doesn't love fake Southlake.

firstdown
12-08-2013, 04:18 PM

You are ridiculous. You took a shot at Argyle and Gilmer and can't take it when I call out your team. I've seen ya'll play and I promise you this, if we play you we drill you. Now if I'm annoying you .... good ... bite me I couldn't care less what you think

Aguilafanatico
12-08-2013, 04:30 PM
[QUOTE=Eagle11;1792392]Never slung mud. Just said I was happy if they actually lost. You are the one that is butt hurt because everyone doesn't love fake Southlake.[

Can't help it if you are butt hurt because everyone doesn't love fake Bridgeport.

Eagle11
12-08-2013, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=Eagle11;1792392]Never slung mud. Just said I was happy if they actually lost. You are the one that is butt hurt because everyone doesn't love fake Southlake.[

Can't help it if you are butt hurt because everyone doesn't love fake Bridgeport.
Wow sounds like a bunch of cry babies. Your the second best school in your town. Maybe you should write a few more tickets to raise money for your want to be town. I'm fine with being from Decatur maybe you should be happy with not making it in Southlake. Learn to win with class or is that too hard

Aguilafanatico
12-08-2013, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=Aguilafanatico;1792399]
Wow sounds like a bunch of cry babies. Your the second best school in your town. Maybe you should write a few more tickets to raise money for your want to be town. I'm fine with being from Decatur maybe you should be happy with not making it in Southlake. Learn to win with class or is that too hard

First, I know a ton of folks from Southlake....great people and a great community so no shame in being compared to them though I do know a couple that would like to move to Argyle do to the community that has been built here. I am sure Decatur is a great place to live and a great community as well, though I do not know anyone from there. I will not judge the community based on your threads though as I am sure there is some class in Decatur

Second, not one Argyle poster has posted anything classless, win or lose that I have seen. To the contrary, I have seen most posters from other teams on multiple threads/blogs mentioning the class that Argyle posters have shown them. You on the other hand make it very difficult as you are trolling threads for teams that are in the football region finals and making negative comments about them. Decatur is out....find a basketball thread. Sorry your season did not end as you had wanted it to but it's over. Sorry. Argyle wins with class, you should learn to lose with some.

Bullaholic
12-08-2013, 08:02 PM

You ain't got a gun, but you're killin' me, Aguila---lol...

hollywood
12-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Do I sense some Eagle envy on this thread?

Eagle11
12-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Maybe Decatur eagles. Bridgeport has some of the best rock pits in the state

PEdropout
12-09-2013, 12:41 AM
Doin' a little research, seeing as though I got nothin' else to do. lol.
It seems Argyle has thrashed Decatur in each of their encounters except their very first.
Judging from Eagle11's post, their seems to be no love for the Eagles in his neck of the woods.
I love a good rivalry! Hope they get pitted against eachother next season.

firstdown
12-09-2013, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE=Aguilafanatico;1792399]

Second best? Are you referring to Liberty Christian, if so they can't and won't compete with us.

Sorry that you received a ticket in Argyle but thank you for the support. If you don't want one try following the speed limits.

I'm thinking you should take this time that you're are home from school sonny boy to work on your grammar. It's evident in your posts that this must not be taught at your school. I have attached a link to help you:

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-You%27re-and-Your (just click on it)

Eagle11
12-09-2013, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=Eagle11;1792417]

Second best? Are you referring to Liberty Christian, if so they can't and won't compete with us.

Sorry that you received a ticket in Argyle but thank you for the support. If you don't want one try following the speed limits.

I'm thinking you should take this time that you're are home from school sonny boy to work on your grammar. It's evident in your posts that this must not be taught at your school. I have attached a link to help you:

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-You%27re-and-Your (just click on it)
really you're are is that not you are are. maybe im mistaken

firstdown
12-09-2013, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=firstdown;1792598]
really you're are is that not you are are. maybe im mistaken

Correct young man I'm proud to see that our little study session has paid off. You passed the first little quiz.

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2013, 10:22 AM
If someone could get the Argyle team to focus on Decatur like this, Gladewater might have a chance tonight.

Unfortunately for the Bears, that's not going to happen. It's been so cold recently that they've probably gone into hibernation and won't even make it to the game.

On the bright side, they'll lose by a smaller margin with a forfeit.

Eagle11
12-09-2013, 10:33 AM
good luck tonight and i hope everyone gets home safe.

firstdown
12-09-2013, 11:47 AM
good luck tonight and i hope everyone gets home safe.

Thank you, travels there should be fine however the home trip could be a challenge.

Aguilafanatico
12-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Bring home the W, FirstDown, I am traveling to New England (not cold enough for me here I guess) so will have to listen to the broadcast from a hotel room.

BE SAFE!

waterboy
12-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Good luck, Eagles, although I don't think you'll need it! LOL! Gladewater is not the usual D. of D. foe, but they'll get after it, and give it all they got. I just don't think it'll be enough.

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Good luck, Eagles, although I don't think you'll need it! LOL! Gladewater is not the usual D. of D. foe, but they'll get after it, and give it all they got. I just don't think it'll be enough.

I have some doubts about this "giving it all they got" assumption. I am going with the "hibernation" scenario. East Texas teams do not handle cold weather as well as North and West Texas teams do.

This game is sort of a letdown to me. A much better matchup for this round would have been Argyle versus Kilgore. And it almost happened. Aubrey just let us down, speaking of letdowns.

waterboy
12-09-2013, 12:58 PM
I have some doubts about this "giving it all they got" assumption. I am going with the "hibernation" scenario. East Texas teams do not handle cold weather as well as North and West Texas teams do.

This game is sort of a letdown to me. A much better matchup for this round would have been Argyle versus Kilgore. And it almost happened. Aubrey just let us down, speaking of letdowns.

Speaking of letdowns...

That's the way the cookie crumbles... I actually WANTED to play Argyle in our annual slugfest. This year, however, the Buckeyes just never had the right chemistry to get it done. They just never were able to execute during crunch time like they had been before this season. Too many mistakes this season.

I'd like to see us get a nutritionist, or someone who knows how to make our kids getter bigger, lol. Argyle's kids grew a bunch over last summer. We stayed about the same size, and it hurt our run defense. We have had lots of problems with teams with dominant offensive lines that run the ball over the past 2 to 3 seasons. They just seem to wear our small defense out late in games.

movethechain
12-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Good luck to the Bears. You are going to need it. Having the luck on your side in the playoffs cannot be underestimated.

To the Eagles, you don't need luck, just execute as you usually do and you will be fine. Don't take the Bears too lightly though or they will play you close.

Looking for a good game and safe travels for everyone.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm just happy that the game is tonite instead of last Friday nite in what would have been torturous conditions for the fans and the players. At least tonite Argyle can mix in the passing game with some degree of confidence. I look for OC Nanny to keep it at about 2-1 on the runs/passes ratio. When you have Thunder & Lightening in the backfield, that's an instant storm right there. Boyzuick can put up some accurate throws for big plays and scores to keep the Bear D honest upfront. Argyle can burn a team either way. So really it's more of a triple threat, but Boyzuick gets no attention because his stats have suffered from lack of time and lack of need this season for putting the ball in the air. Make no mistake, however.....he is accurate, has a GREAT arm, can run, and has a good qb size. Last season he put up 2000 yds passing in a season where his time on the field was limited in the 4th qrts. all season too. IF Argyle needs to throw it, they can be just as deadly passing the rock for scores.

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2013, 06:17 PM
The only question is whether this game will be decided by the end of the first quarter or by halftime.

Gladewater will definitely be in it right up to the opening kickoff, provided the team bus didn't break down in Athens or thereabouts.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Gladewater won the toss and took the wind. Argyle takes the ball against a 13 mph headwind. After 4 running plays, Ralston score from about 22 yds out for an Eagle TD.

Argyle scores on first possession. 4 plays for about 60 yds.

Argyle 7-0

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Gladewater will receive the kick into a brisk headwind. They run off a couple of running plays, but then get called for 2 consecutive offsides penalties. Now its like 1st and 18 at the Bear 34.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Argyle gets the stop on the Bears first possession and Gladewater punts downwind to the Argyle 20 yd. line....a good punt that was left to roll dead.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Bears Mack throws Argyle for a 6 yd loss on 2nd down. Now incomplete pass against the wind on 3rd. This punt will be into the wind from deep in the Argyle territory. Sadler stands at the 3 and kicks it low into the wind to the Bear 48.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Gladewater chose to take the wind and play field position to start this game. They are in Argyle territory on 3rd and 6. Micah Capra and Colton Hinnrichs throw the draw play for a big loss. 4th and 9. Gladewater will punt. Fielded Thompson at the 6 and runs it back to the Argyle 45 before Daylin Mack saved a TD with a nice open field tackle.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Brandon Boyzuick delivers a strike to Ian Sadler on a crossing pattern and takes it down to the 9 yd. line for a big play.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Ralston runs it to the pylon on the next play and scores. Argyle scores in 2 plays.

Argyle 14
Gladewater 0

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Hedlund kicks it high to the 20 and it's fielded then fumbled, but the Bears fall on it at their own 24. 1st down Bears.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 07:56 PM
3rd and 5 for Gladewater. Now the Eagles hit the rb and he fumbles as Argyle recovers on the Bears 25. 1st down Argyle on the turnover deep in Bears territory.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Holding on Argyle backs them up to the Bear 39. 1st and 24.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 07:58 PM
Ralston hits a hole and runs over a couple of Bears on his way to the 3 yd. line going for the pylon again. The next play Sadler scores, but a late flag calls Argyle for holding. That negates that score for now. Argyle now 1st and goal at the Bear 13.

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2013, 07:58 PM
Sideline reporter for Argyle says G'water has not run into a buzzsaw like this all year.

Someone needs to remind him that Gilmer beat G'water 52-14. That sounds like a pretty good buzzsaw to me.

Granted, Argyle may win by a bigger margin. And I am going to declare this one OVER at the end of the first quarter, answering my only question as stated above.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 08:00 PM
End of 1st quarter

Argyle 14
Gladewater 0

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Boyzuick to Sadler on a one handed catch for a touchdown on the first play of the 2nd quarter.

Argyle 21
Gladewater 0

adoptedbuckeye
12-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Sideline reporter for Argyle says G'water has not run into a buzzsaw like this all year.

Someone needs to remind him that Gilmer beat G'water 52-14. That sounds like a pretty good buzzsaw to me.

Granted, Argyle may win by a bigger margin. And I am going to declare this one OVER at the end of the first quarter, answering my only question as stated above.

The Gladewater bandwagon has very selective memory.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Now Hedland kicks with the wind into the back of the endzone. Bears 1st and 10 from their own 25.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Bears running out of the I but 3rd an 9 on the Bears 26. Give it on the option to big fullback to Daylin Mack. He gains 2 yds. but now the Bears will punt into this wind. Eagles take over at their own 47.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Boyzuick to Sadler for a first at the Bears 43 on 1st down.

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2013, 08:07 PM
The Gladewater bandwagon has very selective memory.

It's the Argyle sideline reporter that I'm talking about. He hasn't done proper research or he'd know better than to say that.

But you're right. The Gladewater bandwagon thinks the season started against Canton in bi-district. They forgot all about those six losses.

adoptedbuckeye
12-09-2013, 08:08 PM
It's the Argyle sideline reporter that I'm talking about. He hasn't done proper research or he'd know better than to say that.

But you're right. The Gladewater bandwagon thinks the season started against Canton in bi-district. They forgot all about those six losses.

They will remember the 7th!

Eagle Nation
12-09-2013, 08:08 PM
I think Gladewater will head back home at halftime

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Sadler takes the handoff for 4 yds on 1st. Short run by Sadler, but Mack gets him. 3rd and 6 now. Boyzuick throws it on a bubble screen to Sadler as he fights his way down to the 22 for another 1st. Now Connor Wilson takes a jet sweep, breaks 3 tackles and gets the corner for a TD.

Argyle 28
Gladewater 0
8:16 left in 2nd qtr.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Hedland pooch kicks it but it's fielded and the Bears get it on their 40 for good field position. Looks like Hedland may have slightly missed that pooch kick attempt.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Now the Bears are marching on 2 consecutive positive runs. 2nd and 2, but is stopped short.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 08:15 PM
At the Argyle 42, 3rd and 2 for the Bears, but he comes a flag for another offsides penalty. 3rd and 7 at the Argyle 47. The give goes to the big fullback Daylin Mack, who is hit by a host of Eagles before he goes down. 4th and 6 now. Connor Wilson makes a big stop one on one in the open field . Argyle takes over as the Bears are one yard short.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Sadler takes the handoff and hits the crease and shoots like a rocket out for 15 yds. for a 1st down. Now Ralston takes a handoff for 4 more yards. 2nd and 6. Deep throw to Estrada is overthrown with the wind. 3rd and 6. Another sailed pass over the head of the receiver. 4th and 6 for the Eagles. They will go for it at the Bears 45. Overthown pass again. Bears take over in great field position. Probably a mistake not punting it.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Bears stopped cold on 1st by Capra. 2nd and 9 now. Capra and Hinnrichs stops them again. 3rd and 7 now. Play action pass, attempted screen is pressured. 4th down now. The Bears will punt into the wind.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Argyle takes over on their own 29. Ralston gains 2 yds. but a flag is down. Unsportsmanlike on the Bears. Argyle gets a free 15 yds.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 08:24 PM
2nd and 10 as Ralston takes it for 7 yds. thru the gut. 3rd and 3 now. Ralston gets the first now at the Bears 42. 1st down goes imcomplete to Ledford on a post.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 08:27 PM
The Bears just got a Pick 6 on a pass in the flat, but the Bears were way over the LOS before the snap as flags are everywhere. Argyle gets the 5 yd penalty as the Pick 6 is negated. 2 min. left in the half. 37 yd. line of the Bears for 3rd down. Pass to Treadwell loses 2 yds. 4th and 7. Moves it out of Hedland's field goal range. Time out Argyle. I think Coach Rodgers ought to let Hedland try it. But the Eagles will go on 4th and 7.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 08:31 PM
4th and 7 as Boyzuick hits Colton Hinnrichs on the tight end drag pattern for his first receiving TD of the season. TD Argyle on 4th and 7 from the 39.

Argyle 35
Gladewater 0

Great call by OC Shay Nanny on that 4th down play. 9 plays 71 yds 2:21 on the drive.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Bears will let the clock run down here for the half.

Halftime

Argyle 35
Gladewater 0

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2013, 08:44 PM
My "hibernation scenario" proved to be correct. Honestly, though, you'd have beaten them even worse in September.

Eagle Nation
12-09-2013, 08:55 PM
They should go ahead and call the game so everyone can get back home safely

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Eagles will be kicking to Gladewater to start the 2nd half. Gladewater will be working into the wind in the 3rd qtr. here.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Bears field Hedland's kick at the one and runs it up to the Bear 31 to start the 2nd half.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:04 PM
Counter play to Jr. RB Reese for a 1st down as Connor Wilson makes the solo tackle.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:07 PM
Play action pass to the flats for 8 more yds. Wilson makes the stop again. Now 3rd and 2 on the Bears 49. 3rd down Argyle gets the big stop up the middle on the big fullback. 4th down and 3 now from the 48 4th and 2 and guess what??? Micah Capra and David Beard combine for the stop. Argyle takes over for their first possession of the 2nd half right at midfield.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:09 PM
1st down to Pucciarello on a pass by Boyzuick. Now Boyzuick hands it off to Ralston, shifts direction, and runs it in for a TD. BUT a holding penalty on a spot foul brings it back for an unusual 1st and 3.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Ralston gets the first, then is stopped on 2nd for a short gain. 2nd down for Argyle. Ralston runs thru the middle for a big 14 yd. gain over Dalin Mack.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Argyle 2nd and 8 at the Bears 12 yd. line. The pass to Sadler is tipped, he lunges and picks it clean before it hits the ground for a TD. Almost intercepted , but a great readjustment by Sadler to make the catch and the TD.

Argyle 42 Gladewater 0 8 plays 51 yds. Ralston score is called back, but Sadler catch is good for 2:25 on the drive.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:16 PM
If the Eagles hold again and then score again, it's time to bring in the backups. May be time now, but I'm sure the Argyle coaches will see what happens on this series.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Some of the backups are in on defense now. Bears are marching as Hunter Stewart makes a TD-saving tackle for Argyle on the Bears RB. Sounds like the Bears are deep in Argyle territory now, but I haven't heard.

PEdropout
12-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Yikes! I'm already gettin' revved up for an Argyle/Graham game. 42-0 in the 3rd, Argyle will have the back-ups in before long.
Tough game for Gladewater, but not unexpected :/

So as it stands from what i'm told, Argyle has a 1-0 win record with Graham right now. Last they played was in 2007? When Argyle had JJ Harp, and Graham had Case McCoy at QB.
I'm pumped!

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:19 PM
3rd and 6 for the Bears. 4th and 2 on the Argyle 47. So I guess they just now made it across the 50. QB keeper for the first down on 4th and 2.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:21 PM
It will be 3rd and 5 now for the Bears at the Eagles 40 yd. line. 2 yds. on the run for the Bears. Now it will be 4th and 3 or 4 for the Bears.

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Gladewater hasn't seen anything like this. "Maybe Gilmer, who also annihilated them earlier in the season."

Thank you, color commentator. You did your research.

Eagle Nation
12-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Turnover Gladewater. Argyle recovers

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Gladewater runs for 17 yds. to the 20 before Drew Estrada saves a TD. Now the Bears fumble on a pitch to the rb and Colton Hinnrichs recovers for the Eagles. Bad luck for the Bears again. They just had it going, but now another turnover causes the drive to blow up..
End of 3rd
Argyle 42-0

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Argyle coaches sending in all the backups now. Some were in already, but Boyzuick is still in there. He overthrows soph. JC Chalk, 6'3" over 200 lbs. Good looking young talent for Argyle. Argyle will punt for the 2nd time tonite. Argyle skulls it out of bounds on the punt. 1st and 10 for the Bears.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:33 PM
The Gladewater Bears have a young team this year and are building for next year. They will be very good next season. 4th and 6 for the Bears. Jake Weaver sacks the qb on 4th and 6 . 1st and 10 now as the Eagles take over. QB Cooper Rodgers comes in to take over the offense for the Eagles.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Argyle will have to punt it now. Hedland puts it down to the Bears 8 yd. line.....a nice 40 yarder inside the 10. Against the wind.

adoptedbuckeye
12-09-2013, 09:36 PM
The Gladewater Bears have a young team this year and are building for next year. They will be very good next season. 4th and 6 for the Bears. Jake Weaver sacks the qb on 4th and 6 . 1st and 10 now as the Eagles take over. QB Cooper Rodgers comes in to take over the offense for the Eagles.

They are very young and if they come together next year and gather a good following they should be pretty competitive. On that note, great job Argyle and it looks like Graham will be waiting this weekend.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:38 PM
A lot of sophs now on defense for the Eagles. Dane Ledford, Dalton's younger brother, just saved a TD by making that tackle. 4th and 1 from the Bears 18. Almost thrown for a loss, but the rb bounces off and fights for a first.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Gladewater's rb Reed takes it down the sideline about 70 yds to outrun the Eagles for a TD. Daylin Mack runs in the 2 pt. conversion for the Bears.

Argyle 42
Gladewater 8

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Eagles get a short kickoff and takes over on their own 34.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Cooper hits JC Chalk for down to the Bears 41 for a first down.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:44 PM
Helliker picks up 3 for Argyle on 1st down run. 2nd and 7 now for Argyle. Helliker picks up a couple on a draw play.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:45 PM
3rd and 5 for Argyle now. Flag down on a 2 yd. run for Argyle. Holding against Argyle will bring it back. Will be 3rd and 15 now.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Probably 4 down territory now with the game in hand. 2:30 left in the game. Rodgers hits Chase Green on a pass for another first for Argyle. Good pass and catch for the Eagles backups. Big hole down to the 20 after a gain of 8 for Helliker.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Argyle 1st down with 1:00 left in the game and marching . Ist and 10 with like 30 secs. left. I think they will call it a game. The Eagles advance. Congrats for another convincing win for the Argyle EAgles as they will meet the Graham Steers on Saturday at a time and place to be determined.

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:51 PM
FINAL

Argyle 42
Gladewater 8

Good season for the young Bears from Gladewater this season as they improved thru the playoffs and got to the Regional final. Nothing to feel bad about as the Argyle EAgles are just the real deal this season.

Eagle Nation
12-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Congrats Argyle. We'll be ready for Graham

regaleagle
12-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Looks like Argyle came out of this one relatively unscathed as both teams had no serious injuries. I would say Argyle is as healthy as can be expected now after this game and the Gilmer game to meet Graham in the Semis. Graham was the winner against Argyle back in the summer at the 7 on 7 tournament. This should be a great game.

lostaussie
12-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Congrats Argyle. We'll be ready for Grahamplease kick there ass.....please:D

cowboyandchrist
12-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Congrats Argyle. We'll be ready for Graham

Argyle just to strong in all phases, Gladewater great effort, no shame in a loss to Argyle. You will be back next year stronger than before. I just don't see anyone beating Argyle. As far as the next game, Graham will come to play. Should be a great game between Graham and Argyle. I wont predict a score because that is disrespectful to each team, they have both worked hard to get to this game.

bearbear78
12-10-2013, 02:08 AM
please kick there ass.....please:D
Smh....such an angry lil fella...it'll be okay...okay

Aesculus gilmus
12-10-2013, 07:20 AM
I will predict a relatively easy Argyle win over Graham. Those other four players in the trenches on both sides of the ball will make the difference from the outcome in touch football last summer.

bearbear78
12-10-2013, 03:12 PM
I will predict a relatively easy Argyle win over Graham. Those other four players in the trenches on both sides of the ball will make the difference from the outcome in touch football last summer.

No win over Graham is going to be easy..and for the record Graham isn't planning on a game of touch saturday..we will however put a lil "touch" on the comp