PDA

View Full Version : 3A D2 Reg IV Finals: Sinton vs La Vernia

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Friday, Dec. 6th at 7:30pm Victoria Memorial Stadium in Victoria

Sinton/La Vernia series: Sinton 2-0 both wins in the playoffs

Snotbubbles
11-30-2013, 12:00 PM
Good season Sinton. End's here. LaVernia too strong. PI would of beaten Sinton by 4 TD's.

LaVernia 44
Sinton 7

pirate4state
11-30-2013, 12:16 PM
Uh ok sure.

Sinton by 2

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Uh ok sure.

Sinton by 2LOL yea, once again no chance. Sinton D once again good against the run, holding Cuero to 89 total yds on the ground.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2013, 12:29 PM
From Sinton twitter page, Sinton is the home team.

Last time Sinton in this round, 2009 against La Grange losing in over time.

Ranger354
11-30-2013, 12:33 PM
Good season Sinton. End's here. LaVernia too strong. PI would of beaten Sinton by 4 TD's.

LaVernia 44
Sinton 7

Well........ Good luck with that!!!! We shall see what the score is about 10:30 Friday evening. Cuero thought they were going to walk all over Sinton as well.

Safe travels fans from both teams ...

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Sinton 7th trip to region final since 2000.

Lets Go Pirates, battle every play!

1stnurseryman
11-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Well........ Good luck with that!!!! We shall see what the score is about 10:30 Friday evening. Cuero thought they were going to walk all over Sinton as well.

Can u plz show me the quate where someone from Cuero said we were going to walk all over y'all. Are, are u just a mind reader?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Can u plz show me the quate where someone from Cuero said we were going to walk all over y'all. Are, are u just a mind reader?It wasn't cuero folks, snotbubbles is originally from valley keep calling Sinton weak all season long. We should be done since the first playoff game in his opinion.

87 TIGER
11-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Going with sinton in this one, only cause lavernia struggled erly on against Taylor in our dist. And they were horrible

1stnurseryman
11-30-2013, 12:57 PM
It wasn't cuero folks, snotbubbles is originally from valley keep calling Sinton weak all season long. We should be done since the first playoff game in his opinion.

Best thing to do with him is ignore him.. .. His knowledge of football could fit in a thimble!!!

Roxy5252
11-30-2013, 01:53 PM
@SintonFan_InAustin, You have any stats for players in LaVernia? I know what our Pirates bring, I think we proved last night we play as a team. Truly a team effort against Cuero.

Snotbubbles
11-30-2013, 01:57 PM
any stats for players in LaVernia? I know what our Pirates bring, I think we proved last night we play as a team. Truly a team effort against Cuero.

LV season stats.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?mkt=sanantonio&site=default&tpl=team&Sport=1&TeamID=4187&SchoolID=&Season=2013&DistrictID=&SearchDate=11%2F30%2F13&SearchDateEnd=11%2F30%2F13&SearchLastName=&SearchFirstName=&Market=11&SearchType=Teams

Enjoy.

99IHSMustang
11-30-2013, 01:58 PM
If Sinton can disrupt La Vernia's running game they have a chance. Go Sinton Pirates.

Snotbubbles
11-30-2013, 02:00 PM
The "D" is the biggest difference here.

PhiI C
11-30-2013, 02:02 PM

LaVernia 44
Sinton 7

It's great to still be playing in December.

ValleyCat
11-30-2013, 02:03 PM

LaVernia 44
Sinton 7

The only way Sinton "might" have a chance against La Vernia is if they can run the ball. Which is highly unlikely.

Sinton will have to avoid turning the ball over as evident of the PI game. La Vernia didn't beat themselves, so Sinton will have to create opportunities for themselves like LV did against PI.

Passing the ball will not win the ball game for Sinton.

I anticipate LV just keeping Hanson off the field with LONG sustained drives and pulling away in the second half.

Best wishes to both teams.

99IHSMustang
11-30-2013, 02:06 PM
The only way Sinton "might" have a chance against La Vernia is if they can run the ball. Which is highly unlikely.

Sinton will have to avoid turning the ball over as evident of the PI game. La Vernia didn't beat themselves, so Sinton will have to create opportunities for themselves like LV did against PI.

Passing the ball will not win the ball game for Sinton.

I anticipate LV just keeping Hanson off the field with LONG sustained drives and pulling away in the second half.

Best wishes to both teams.

Why would it be "highly unlikely" than Sinton can run the ball against LV? Cuero had some decent size on their O-line and they moved the ball.

Snotbubbles
11-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Why would it be "highly unlikely" than Sinton can run the ball against LV? Cuero had some decent size on their O-line and they moved the ball.

Nothing about size with LV. They are not the biggest or fastest. But, heart, and determination. They will smack you out the gate. Bo know's "D".

Roxy5252
11-30-2013, 02:14 PM
Going with sinton in this one, only cause lavernia struggled erly on against Taylor in our dist. And they were horrible
I expect another tight game. Don't know if my heart can take it but I'll be there cheering for Sinton every second of the game.

99IHSMustang
11-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Nothing about size with LV. They are not the biggest or fastest. But, heart, and determination. They will smack you out the gate. Bo know's "D".

At this stage in the game, the teams that are left all have this.

Roxy5252
11-30-2013, 02:22 PM

Go blow your nose snotbubbles. Have you seen Sinton? Sounds to me like both the teams have very similar defense. Heart and Determination.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Sinton is a running team this season with 4378 yards with 57 touchdowns on the ground. Pirates have also passed for 1479 yards with 12 tds.

Rushing stats
Qb Tyler Handson(jr) with 2387 yards 35 tds
rb John Gabriel Guzman(sr) with 1164 yards 11 tds
rb/wr Ethan Owens(fr) with 271 yards 2 tds
rb Colton Cohea(so) with 249 yards 3 tds

Sinton showed what they have in their freshman rb this last game, still have one more back that has break away speed they haven't use much yet this season in their sophomore rb as he's the leading tackler in defense.

Roxy5252
11-30-2013, 02:35 PM
Sinton is a running team this season with 4378 yards with 57 touchdowns on the ground. Pirates have also passed for 1479 yards with 12 tds.

Rushing stats
Qb Tyler Handson(jr) with 2387 yards 35 tds
rb John Gabriel Guzman(sr) with 1164 yards 11 tds
rb/wr Ethan Owens(fr) with 271 yards 2 tds
rb Colton Cohea(so) with 249 yards 3 tds

Sinton showed what they have in their freshman rb this last game, still have one more back that has break away speed they haven't use much yet this season in their sophomore rb as he's the leading tackler in defense.

The O-line has been playing great allowing these backs to get the yards. All the backs are very exciting to watch, I am liking the running game.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2013, 02:38 PM
The O-line has been playing great allowing these backs to get the yards. All the backs are very exciting to watch, I am liking the running game.

yep and Sinton only return one starter from last season on the offensive line so took a while for that group to gel and there has been some injuires there also so some backups have chip in and gain some experience.

pirate4state
11-30-2013, 03:02 PM
Major props to our O-line.

Ranger354
11-30-2013, 03:03 PM
Let the smack talk begin!!!!! I just love it when people that have not watched these young men from Sinton play and then are such authorities on Their Heart and if they can play defense.

These young men didn't get here by watching or talking...they got here by playing! Win or loose Friday night they will play with just as much heart and soul as every other team. Do you realize how many teams are left still playing? Or can you count that high?

Every team Sinton has played has shown class on the field......sure wish some of the fans and poster would show the same class.

Good luck to both team!!!!

LV_Bearfan
11-30-2013, 03:11 PM
This will be another great game.
The Bears love running teams.
At several points, I thought they had PI demoralized, but to the Tarpons credit, they did fight back. A blocked punt and a trick play got them in the end zone, but man on man in the red zone, they weren't ever gonna' get there. LV's D can flat slam the door. The O better start playing second halves of games. Can't always just ride the D to victory. This will be a dog fight, and Sinton is another past playoff demon that the Bears need to slay.

LV_Bearfan
11-30-2013, 03:17 PM
Let the smack talk begin!!!!! I just love it when people that have not watched these young men from Sinton play and then are such authorities on Their Heart and if they can play defense.

These young men didn't get here by watching or talking...they got here by playing! Win or loose Friday night they will play with just as much heart and soul as every other team. Do you realize how many teams are left still playing? Or can you count that high?

Every team Sinton has played has shown class on the field......sure wish some of the fans and poster would show the same class.

Good luck to both team!!!!
All the props in the world to Sinton. LV knows you guys are good. Snotbubbles is not a LV fan, but his posts do tend to generate a lot of conversation. His brash style does get people posting and interested in the conversation, so I'll give him credit for that.

BearBacker
11-30-2013, 08:01 PM
I don't think our top rusher has over 1,000 for the season and I don't think our QB has passed for 1,000 yards, but we mange to put points on the scoreboard. It's about playing solid defense and having good special team play to give us good field position each game. I could be wrong on the yards quote, but thats what I see from the mysa.com website regarding our offensive production.

We are newbies to this area of the playoffs whereas Sintion is a seasoned program with loads of tradition.

Our LV Bears will compete this Friday night. It's evident by what we saw against an experienced and mature Tarpon team last night. The coaching staff will have our boys ready. We are ready in La Vernia.

Go Bears Go !!!

sinfan75
11-30-2013, 08:24 PM
I don't think our top rusher has over 1,000 for the season and I don't think our QB has passed for 1,000 yards, but we mange to put points on the scoreboard. It's about playing solid defense and having good special team play to give us good field position each game. I could be wrong on the yards quote, but thats what I see from the mysa.com website regarding our offensive production.

We are newbies to this area of the playoffs whereas Sintion is a seasoned program with loads of tradition.

Our LV Bears will compete this Friday night. It's evident by what we saw against an experienced and mature Tarpon team last night. The coaching staff will have our boys ready. We are ready in La Vernia.

Go Bears Go !!! According this poll other people agree with you. After beating a top ten team I'd put you as the favorite myself.

Scoop27
11-30-2013, 10:33 PM
The Bears

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2013, 11:44 PM
@SintonFan_InAustin, You have any stats for players in LaVernia? I know what our Pirates bring, I think we proved last night we play as a team. Truly a team effort against Cuero.La Vernia Team Statistics (http://pbstats.pointstreak.com/team-overall-statistics.html?teamid=10661)

Looks like the last two games haven't been updated on stats.

Team defense, give up 14.5 points per game. Yards per game allowed 181.3.

pirate4state
12-01-2013, 12:50 AM
Looking forward to this match-up. I think it will be another smash mouth game. Early weather forecasts has rain & high 50s for the low. Hope the rain stays away.

As for all the negative nancys...suck it...our boys are still playing :taunt:

Bull Butter
12-01-2013, 12:53 AM
Congrats to Sinton on making it to December football. Unfortunately, I believe it ends here. LV is too big and physical.

La Vernia 35
Sinton 14

Epicpirates
12-01-2013, 01:10 AM
Looking forward to this match-up. I think it will be another smash mouth game. Early weather forecasts has rain & high 50s for the low. Hope the rain stays away.

As for all the negative nancys...suck it...our boys are still playing :taunt:

Suck it hard! Never underestimate the heart of a champion. We're never bigger, and many times we aren't better, but our boys find a way to win! Eight teams left in the state... I'm sure your team is good -we're ALL good, that's why we're here, so show some freakin' respect! Go Pirates! :flaming::foul:

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2013, 01:26 AM
Glad Tracker made it back this season, came back at the right time :)

Sinton run game moves the chains. Passing game just lurking in the background for now.....

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Some game highlights from this past week for both

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtDucHDPsO0&list=HL1385952624

Sinton vs Cuero (http://www.kztv10.com/videos/hs-playoff-football-sinton-26-cuero-19/) <-------

Ranger354
12-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Ought to be a good game....

Looks like turnovers killed PI in their game. At this level you have to play mistake free football.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-02-2013, 11:41 AM
Sinton comes in giving up an average of 11 pts/game(33) and La Vernia 9.3 pts/game(28) in the playoffs

Sinton last 5 games giving up an average of 8.1 pts/game(41)

ValleyCat
12-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Well, after watching Auburn beat Alabama and Auburn RAN the ball against their vaunted rushing defense...Sinton can't give up on the running game. Auburn surely didn't. Power-O and other off-tackle plays should gain 3-4 yds. La Vernia will not give up inside runs, or perimeter plays.

La Vernia caused three TOs and played damn near perfect until the end of the 1st and 2nd halves.

Sinton will have to be disciplined on defense as LV caused PI plenty of off-side penalties.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Well, after watching Auburn beat Alabama and Auburn RAN the ball against their vaunted rushing defense...Sinton can't give up on the running game. Auburn surely didn't. Power-O and other off-tackle plays should gain 3-4 yds. La Vernia will not give up inside runs, or perimeter plays.

La Vernia caused three TOs and played damn near perfect until the end of the 1st and 2nd halves.

Sinton will have to be disciplined on defense as LV caused PI plenty of off-side penalties.It's looking like a cold and drizzling night in Victoria for Friday, seen some forecast it could be around 38 degrees with 20 mph winds making wind chill in the 20's.

Ranger354
12-02-2013, 02:50 PM

Sinton will have to be disciplined on defense as LV caused PI plenty of off-side penalties.

VCat you act like you don't want Sinton to win... And what does Auborn and Bama have to do with Sinton and La Vernia? Let's just wish everyone from both teams safe travels.

LV_Bearfan
12-02-2013, 03:37 PM
VCat you act like you don't want Sinton to win... And what does Auborn and Bama have to do with Sinton and La Vernia? Let's just wish everyone from both teams safe travels.

Doesn't sound that way to me. Sounds like he's rooting for Sinton and trying to point out what might work a little against the LV defense.

SINTON81
12-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Sinton by 7.

Ranger354
12-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Doesn't sound that way to me. Sounds like he's rooting for Sinton and trying to point out what might work a little against the LV defense.

I guess I that the "highly Unlikely" comment that was made in a previous post is what I am referring to.

Sinton is definitely the underdog is this one according to most. I still like the odds. Go Pirates!! GATBA!!!

MustangFootball
12-02-2013, 09:44 PM
La Vernia will be tough, they held PI to one offensive touchdown and that turn over kept PI close....LV has a bruising defense that will cause turnovers, that game could have easily been 28-7 or 28-14. Sinton matches up better with LV than PI does, I think Sinton will have success on the ground, and they are set up to go to the air if needed with that spread attack.

Good luck Sinton keep district 30 rolling.

Papá Oso
12-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Sinton sounds a lot like Wharton :thinking:, I hope we can keep up ;)

Papá Oso
12-02-2013, 10:35 PM

Glad someone finally posted this, most of the PI post make it sound like the Tarpons just laid the ball on the turf for the Bears to scoop up. The fact is LV flat out caused the fumbles, the 2 biggest ones were due to #44 (a sophomore btw) being 3+ yards in their backfield before the OL was out of their stance. On the first one he meet the rb at the same time the qb went to hand it off and the ball came out, our second defender who also beat the lineman was their to pick it up and ran it in for a TD. The second one was even more impressive, he started out inside their tackle and ended beating both the QB and the RB to the outside and had his hand was inside the RB's hands 3 yds behind the los when he went to take the option pitch and caused a fumble on the 15 yard line when PI had all the momentum after their only big running play and was about to punch it in to tie the game. That boy is flat out fast and mean when he gets there and has been living in the opponents backfield in every playoff game. Wharton ended up with 87 yards of total offense for the game with 2 -20 yard plays and PI ended up with 180 for the game with a 45 yard trick play and one 40 yard run so you can see what they did the rest of the game. We still need to cut down on the penlites , a bad 15 yarder by us put them in business for the trick play. Looks like the weather will be more fun for the players than the fans once again this week which doesn't hurt our feelings one bit.

footballgal
12-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Papa Oso, that 40 yarder was no fluke by #22 Juan Aguilera, he was hurt yet still played on and off throughout the game. He made those exact runs the entire season and the last 3 years. It's too bad for him and the Tarpons offense that he wasn't healthy. Also, don't forget how many yards your offensive ended up with, not much better than PIs. Never mind you didn't score the ENTIRE 2nd half.
Oh also, that 45 pass "trick play" is it a trick play or just a play when you have ran it more than once?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

footballgal
12-02-2013, 11:06 PM
**Just confirmed it was actually less than PIs for a total of 167.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Sinton sounds a lot like Wharton :thinking:, I hope we can keep up ;)Was Wharton slow and small? Seems Bears are BIG AND FAST from the posting about the Bears. Sinton started off as a balance team but have become a 3-4 yds per carry and moving the chains with long drives. This game will be decided by the big boys up front whoever controls the line of scrimmage.

Sinton preps for La Vernia (http://www.kztv10.com/videos/sinton-preps-for-la-vernia-in-region-semis/)

Papá Oso
12-02-2013, 11:10 PM
Papa Oso, that 40 yarder was no fluke by #22 Juan Aguilera, he was hurt yet still played on and off throughout the game. He made those exact runs the entire season and the last 3 years. It's too bad for him and the Tarpons offense that he wasn't healthy. Also, don't forget how many yards your offensive ended up, with not much better than PIs. Never mind you didn't score the ENTIRE 2nd half.

Guess I missed the part where I said it was a fluke. I'm just glad we didn't need to score the ENTIRE 2nd half against a top 10 team to win the game :thumbsup:

SintonFan_inAustin
12-02-2013, 11:11 PM
**Just confirmed it was actually less than PIs for a total of 167.

Sent from my HTCONE using TapatalkHaven't seen La Vernia defense but PI defense was as solid as there is. Sounded like a battle of defenses and came down to which offense could avoid turnovers.

footballgal
12-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Guess I missed the part where I said it was a fluke. I'm just glad we didn't need to score the ENTIRE 2nd half against a top 10 team to win the game :thumbsup:

Yes! because like our offense, yours wasn't getting it done either. Credit to the defenses.

footballgal
12-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Haven't seen La Vernia defense but PI defense was as solid as there is. Sounded like a battle of defenses and came down to which offense could avoid turnovers.

This

pirate4state
12-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Sinton sounds a lot like Wharton :thinking:, I hope we can keep up ;)

I promise you we don't have Wharton's speed LOL but somehow we still manage to get the job done.

Ranger354
12-02-2013, 11:29 PM
I thought this was the Sinton vs La Vernia thread????? If y'all want to replay last Friday or Saturday go Talk about it on that thread!! Lmao!!! I think we have established that all the teams that get this far are good.... Some just might be a hair better then others.

Hasn't Sinton played La Vernia before? When and what was the outcome?

footballgal
12-02-2013, 11:31 PM
I thought this was the Sinton vs La Vernia thread????? If y'all want to replay last Friday or Saturday go Talk about it on that thread!! Lmao!!! I think we have established that all the teams that get this far are good.... Some just might be a hair better then others.

Hasn't Sinton played La Vernia before? When and what was the outcome?

Sorry :-D. I will get off my soap box now . Go Pirates lol

Papá Oso
12-02-2013, 11:38 PM
Haven't seen La Vernia defense but PI defense was as solid as there is. Sounded like a battle of defenses and came down to which offense could avoid turnovers.

PI was the best defense we faced since Calhoun imo, they got a td on the blocked punt and we got one on the fumble return which offset. We scored 2 on O and they scored 1 which was the difference in the game. Game went like most of our other games, grind and make no mistakes on O and lean on our D to get us field position and keep the opposing offense out of the end zone. Easy to say but not easy to do against quality teams like Wimberley, Wharton, and Port Isabel. Remains to be seen if we can do it again this week but one things for sure our boys will give it all they have until the final whistle and I have no doubt the Sinton young men will do the same. Looking forward to a great game.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-02-2013, 11:40 PM
Sorry :-D. I will get off my soap box now . Go Pirates lol

Sent from my HTCONE using TapatalkHistory is what leads up to the present and since we're not at game time yet, history is what this thread is about til then. Gives some insights on what might be expected come Friday night.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-02-2013, 11:42 PM
I promise you we don't have Wharton's speed LOL but somehow we still manage to get the job done.saw posting about sideline to sideline being at the game, is that the show or the broadcast?

Epicpirates
12-03-2013, 02:04 AM
I can't wait till Friday night...even if we're gonna freeze our butts off. I believe in our scrappy Pirates, and I know they are up for the challenge! May the good Lord bless both teams with an injury free game, and may the best team win. Go Pirates! :cheerl:

Ranger354
12-03-2013, 03:52 AM
I can't wait till Friday night...even if we're gonna freeze our butts off. I believe in our scrappy Pirates, and I know they are up for the challenge! May the good Lord bless both teams with an injury free game, and may the best team win. Go Pirates! :cheerl:

+1.....

ValleyCat
12-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Glad someone finally posted this, most of the PI post make it sound like the Tarpons just laid the ball on the turf for the Bears to scoop up. The fact is LV flat out caused the fumbles, the 2 biggest ones were due to #44 (a sophomore btw) being 3+ yards in their backfield before the OL was out of their stance. On the first one he meet the rb at the same time the qb went to hand it off and the ball came out, our second defender who also beat the lineman was their to pick it up and ran it in for a TD. The second one was even more impressive, he started out inside their tackle and ended beating both the QB and the RB to the outside and had his hand was inside the RB's hands 3 yds behind the los when he went to take the option pitch and caused a fumble on the 15 yard line when PI had all the momentum after their only big running play and was about to punch it in to tie the game. That boy is flat out fast and mean when he gets there and has been living in the opponents backfield in every playoff game. Wharton ended up with 87 yards of total offense for the game with 2 -20 yard plays and PI ended up with 180 for the game with a 45 yard trick play and one 40 yard run so you can see what they did the rest of the game. We still need to cut down on the penlites , a bad 15 yarder by us put them in business for the trick play. Looks like the weather will be more fun for the players than the fans once again this week which doesn't hurt our feelings one bit.

Well, gotta give credit where credit is due.

I was rooting for PI, but like my prediction, that game was going to be decided by who was going to "blink" first and it was unfortunate it was PI.

Anyway, I am rooting for either LV and Sinton to move on and bring Region IV a state title....but Fairfield from my understanding will be tough in the semis.

Snotbubbles
12-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Low 30's, possible freezing rain, windy---another day at the beach for ya Bears. Bring your sunscreen and beach towels.

Should of seen them in Wharton game with the last cold front. Kid's are crazy. Short sleeves, talking about being on the beach. LOL. Fan's froze our arse off. Bears really do like colder weather after all.

LV_Bearfan
12-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Well, gotta give credit where credit is due.

I was rooting for PI, but like my prediction, that game was going to be decided by who was going to "blink" first and it was unfortunate it was PI.

Anyway, I am rooting for either LV and Sinton to move on and bring Region IV a state title....but Fairfield from my understanding will be tough in the semis.

As for Fairfield, who knows. Lots of talk about them and their firepower but a superior defense might just win the whole thing.

YTBulldogs
12-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Enduring the weather is all mental. It's who prepares now, the best. It will be brutal again. A chance in obtaining a state title should keep their blood warm.

pirate4state
12-03-2013, 11:52 AM
saw posting about sideline to sideline being at the game, is that the show or the broadcast?

K-MAC is covering our game again. Not exactly sure how/with who S2S will be affiliated with...?

MUSTANG69
12-03-2013, 12:27 PM
I think the versatility of Sinton's QB is the difference. That kid is just plain good. Sinton by 7

YTBulldogs
12-03-2013, 01:32 PM
I think the versatility of Sinton's QB is the difference. That kid is just plain good. Sinton by 7
Skelton pretty good himself. Should be a good one.

99IHSMustang
12-03-2013, 01:42 PM

Is Handson a Jr?

Ranger354
12-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Is Handson a Jr?

Yes.... Owen a freshman, Cohea a sophomore..

99IHSMustang
12-03-2013, 02:06 PM

Nice.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Is Handson a Jr?

yes. Last time Handson hasn't had atleast 2 tds in a game was 24 games ago in 2012 in week 1 against Yoakum, Bulldogs held him to 1 td his sophomore year.

Last season playoffs Handson had 5 td bi district round and 4 td against Port Isabel in area round loss. This year playoffs he had 4 td in bi district, 4 td in area and 2 td this past round.

This year totals
Rush 2387 Pass 1479 Total 3866 yards
Touchdowns
Rushing 35 Passing 11 Total 46 touchdowns

Career stats
Rushing 4649 Passing 4557 Total 9206 yards
Touchdowns
Rushing 68 Passing 45 Total 113 touchdowns

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2013, 02:13 PM

Cohea has some speed and can find the openings when he has gotten a chance to play. Cohea and Owens in the backfield next season with Handson going to be a very good backfield. Buts that next season :)

buff4ever
12-03-2013, 02:17 PM
This game is going to be a good one in my opinion. I would like to say sinton here, but have a feeling La Vernia is going to pull this one out by a score.

Ranger354
12-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Time to throw another twist into the offense... They twisted it last week against Cuero... Hope they twist it again this week!!

LV_Bearfan
12-03-2013, 05:14 PM
Time to throw another twist into the offense... They twisted it last week against Cuero... Hope they twist it again this week!!

There will no doubt be some twisting in this one ;-)

YTBulldogs
12-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Don't twist too hard, winner will need all they got for Fairfield.

Bullaholic
12-03-2013, 06:01 PM
K-MAC is covering our game again. Not exactly sure how/with who S2S will be affiliated with...? I think they will still be affiliated with Mr. Bud and Mr. Wiser....:D BTW--best of luck to the Pirates, P4S--been a while since they have been to the Quarters hasn't it?

ValleyCat
12-03-2013, 06:03 PM
As for Fairfield, who knows. Lots of talk about them and their firepower but a superior defense might just win the whole thing.

Got confidence? LOL.

Let's see how the Sinton game turns out before we go putting labels on defenses as "superior". I'll give credit where credit is due....superior is reserved...if, indeed, LV wins it all.

Sinton does look like a team that's peaking at the right time. Seeing the Cuero clips raised an eyebrow,IMO.

ValleyCat
12-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Don't twist too hard, winner will need all they got for Fairfield.

:iagree:

pirate4state
12-03-2013, 06:48 PM
we were there last in 2009. That game went into OT vs. La Grange. Lost it on the very first play of OT :(

I am of the opinion that this will be another close game. Two running teams. Hopefully it is a clean game and the best team comes out on top! GO PIRATES!

I think they will still be affiliated with Mr. Bud and Mr. Wiser....:D BTW--best of luck to the Pirates, P4S--been a while since they have been to the Quarters hasn't it?

LV_Bearfan
12-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Got confidence? LOL.

Let's see how the Sinton game turns out before we go putting labels on defenses as "superior". I'll give credit where credit is due....superior is reserved...if, indeed, LV wins it all.

Sinton does look like a team that's peaking at the right time. Seeing the Cuero clips raised an eyebrow,IMO.

No, I'm referring to the winner of this week's game, whomever that might be. Not touting LV as superior yet. I just think that is what it will take to beat Fairfield. Limit them to 21 points and things could get interesting. Not saying anyone will, but I don't think either of these teams could beat them in a shoot-out.

YTBulldogs
12-03-2013, 07:01 PM
No, I'm referring to the winner of this week's game, whomever that might be. Not touting LV as superior yet. I just think that is what it will take to beat Fairfield. Limit them to 21 points and things could get interesting. Not saying anyone will, but I don't think either of these teams could beat them in a shoot-out.

:iagree:

Epicpirates
12-04-2013, 12:53 AM
Let's just get past THIS game, then worry about Fairfield!:doh:

LV_Bearfan
12-04-2013, 07:25 AM
[QUOTE=Epicpirates;1791253]Let's just get past THIS game, then worry about Fairfield!:doh:[/

Uh, okay. I'm looking forward to Friday. Should be an epic contest. I don't have any idea who will win. Looks like another even game.

BearBacker
12-04-2013, 07:52 AM
This will be a very tough test for the Bear defense. That is alot of impressive stats for the Sinton QB.

PI was a big test inwhich we passed that test...this will be another.

pirate4state
12-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Let's just get past THIS game, then worry about Fairfield!:doh:

Right? Neither sets of fans even need worry about Fairfield OR Rockdale or at this point.

Our two teams are very similar. Good QBs/RBs. La Vernia's D will be the best defense we have faced to date, no doubt.

I'm excited to see if our O-line can continue to get the push & create the holes for Tyler & the backs. I just hope the rain stays away. Don't mind the cold, but mix those together and I am NOT a happy camper, but I will be there ringing my bell & cheering my lungs out!!!

GO PIRATES!!!

Snotbubbles
12-04-2013, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE=Epicpirates;1791253]Let's just get past THIS game, then worry about Fairfield!:doh:[/

I don't have any idea who will win. Looks like another even game.

Don't see how you see this as even LVB. Most one-sided game in this round IMO. Weather even in Bears favor.

LV_Bearfan
12-04-2013, 11:37 AM
[QUOTE=LV_Bearfan;1791272]

Don't see how you see this as even LVB. Most one-sided game in this round IMO. Weather even in Bears favor.

Giving respect where respect is due.

Ranger354
12-04-2013, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=Snotbubbles;1791323]

Giving respect where respect is due.

Thanks Bearfan.... I don't think any team in the playoffs this far has gotten here by accident.

I think Bubbles just likes to antagonize people. He is so proud of where he comes from that he lists it in his signature. NOT!. Hey Bubbles why don't you list what town your from? You ashamed of them?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2013, 06:51 PM
http://freeteams.com/files_public/0/69/files//DSC00362(1).JPG

LV TRADITION
12-04-2013, 10:54 PM
The BEARS will do their best to continue to make history.

LV_Bearfan
12-04-2013, 11:13 PM
The BEARS will do their best to continue to make history.

Welcome.

LV TRADITION
12-04-2013, 11:37 PM
Some of these boys have made history before in 2007. National Pop Warner Superbowl! I'm just say'n.

Ranger354
12-05-2013, 12:38 AM
Some of these boys have made history before in 2007. National Pop Warner Superbowl! I'm just say'n.

That's cool..

Hey you folks from LV. Be darn careful driving down. And back tomorrow. Supposed to be 40 degrees at kick off and get worse from there. Read some where that might even get some sleet or freezing rain. That will make the roads crazy bad to the north.

Safe travels...

Epicpirates
12-05-2013, 01:33 AM
[QUOTE=LV_Bearfan;1791272]

The nerve!!! GRRR!:flaming:

Papá Oso
12-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Think this quote has found it's way on to the dry erase board yet?

Sinton coach Tom Allen said the plan is to just "smash it down their throat" just like they have all year long.

http://www.kiiitv.com/story/24117765/sinton-pirates-primed-for-la-vernia

LV_Bearfan
12-05-2013, 10:20 AM

Sinton coach Tom Allen said the plan is to just "smash it down their throat" just like they have all year long.

Well, I'm pretty sure that's the approach both teams will take at first.
Better have plan B ready early.
I know LV specializes in stopping the run and pressuring the passer. Sinton appears to be pretty good at it also.
Another case of strength against strength.
Both teams can throw it, and both QBs can run.
The LV QB is the X factor because he always keeps it just when you think everyone is accounted for.
Everyone expects Sinton's QB to toat the pill, so I think there's a difference there.
It will be interesting to see how all of Sinton's offensive success translates against a strong defense.

LV_Bearfan
12-05-2013, 12:07 PM
I'm in College Station and obligated to stay for job obligations during the bad weather. Any chance someone could capture some video of this game? Really bummed I can't be there.

BearFan1
12-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Im in college station also. Wishing I could be at the game!

44INAROW
12-05-2013, 02:56 PM

huh? Excuse me.. :vrycnfsd: I don't think you heard any crap like that from regular Gobbler fans... maybe some loud mouths - but every team has those.............

I've been rooting for LV Bears all along but going to go with the Pirates in this one.. Still haven't decided if we're going to brave the weather for this game or not.. Hope KMAC is doing the broadcast again - :)

Ranger354
12-05-2013, 03:10 PM
huh? Excuse me.. :vrycnfsd: I don't think you heard any crap like that from regular Gobbler fans... maybe some loud mouths - but every team has those.............

I've been rooting for LV Bears all along but going to go with the Pirates in this one.. Still haven't decided if we're going to brave the weather for this game or not.. Hope KMAC is doing the broadcast again - :)

44 it may not have been on here where I read it . I know most of you Cureo folks are like us Sinton folks. One of these days I will have to make a meet and greet and put some faces to these names. Excuse me if I offended the Cureo fans.

pirate4state
12-05-2013, 03:18 PM

They will have the broadcast. Very excited they are doing this again. Our out of state fans loved it!

pirate4state
12-05-2013, 03:22 PM

haha Coach Allen and his "coach speak" -- he can be a very excitable guy. he cracks me up.

I'm sure your boys don't need any added "message board material" to fire them up. I bet you a thousand bucks both sides are equally fired up, and so they should be. Only 8 remain. Major kudos to both teams. I predicted we would be 7-3 at the end of the regular season and "backing into the playoffs". Was close about the regular season, but been wrong about post season and for once, I don't care! There is a different feel to these kids right now and I LOVE IT!!! :clap:

See y'all tomorrow! :wave: Safe travels to all!

44INAROW
12-05-2013, 04:09 PM
They will have the broadcast. Very excited they are doing this again. Our out of state fans loved it!

cool - will make our decision to stay home "easier" ................................... we'll see how it goes.. Good Luck to the Pirates -

I hope everyone is extra cautious and careful driving from LV and Sinton (and everywhere else) the deer and hogs are moving, even more with this cold weather - we handled 6 deer/hog claims this week so far at the office.. one, was a very serious accident......... Please be careful and I know it's easier said than done - don't swerve to miss a deer while going 70 mph.. it could have very bad results...

hsfootballfan
12-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Article on MySa.com this afternoon about LV and the game tomorrow.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/high_school_football/article/La-Vernia-on-cusp-of-first-13-win-season-5038688.php?cmpid=hpsportshigh

pirate4state
12-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Good stuff and what a great turnaround for LV...from 4-7 to 12-1 :clap:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/high_school_football/article/La-Vernia-on-cusp-of-first-13-win-season-5038688.php?cmpid=hpsportshigh

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2013, 05:46 PM

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/high_school_football/article/La-Vernia-on-cusp-of-first-13-win-season-5038688.php?cmpid=hpsportshigh17 straight playoff appearances that isn't easy to do. Congrats to that accomplishment for the program.

LV TRADITION
12-06-2013, 12:41 AM
The BEARS are heading a little south tomorrow. Please pray for a safe trip for both teams and their loving fans. This is the game to witness on Friday!

LV_Bearfan
12-06-2013, 08:35 AM
It's a beautiful day for football!
Go Bears!

Snotbubbles
12-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Bear weather. You'll see Bo's Boy's out there in short sleeve's knocking a beach ball around in warm ups. Another day at the beach for them.

YTBulldogs
12-06-2013, 08:44 AM
It's a beautiful day for football!
Go Bears!

Gonna be below freezing temp and wind chill low teens with a brisk N25 MPH wind at KO.

pirate4state
12-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Gonna be below freezing temp and wind chill low teens with a brisk N25 MPH wind at KO.

Perfect football weather!!! BRING IT ON!!!!

Vrabird
12-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Hope all fans have a safe trip! Hope the Pirates have a great game and come home victorious tonite! Keep on rolling Pirates!

Gone Fishing
12-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Good Luck to LV. I have been pulling for ya'll each week. If LV has improved some each week since I have seen them play, then Sinton better play their best of the year to win the game. Safe travels to all.

99IHSMustang
12-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Good luck tonight Pirates. I will be listening tonight to the broadcast. I hope everyone travels safe and stays warm.

hsfootballfan
12-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Wishing the best to these teams tonight. I don't know any of the Sinton players, but I do know several of LV's. Those boys not only play hard, but they also pray hard. They are solid, good young men. I'm sure the Sinton boys are the same way. Whatever the outcome, I hope that all of the boys have the game of their lives and at the end feel like they did all they could to leave all they had out on the field. Whichever team wins, they will represent Region IV very well.

Safe travels to everyone tonight.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-06-2013, 04:20 PM
short take on scout report on La Vernia

Scout report on La Vernia (http://www.kristv.com/videoplayer/?video_id=39806&categories=69%2C71%2C77)

This is a crazy cold weather game! hopefully nobody gets injured and play their best out on the field. Good luck to both.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-06-2013, 04:38 PM
This will be Sinton 13th Region IV Final championship game, 4-8 overall in this round. 7th time since 2000. Lets Go Pirates lucky 13 in 2013!

MustangFootball
12-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Is there a link for this game, kmac sports did one last week for LV vs PI... Not sure if they are doing this game too.

Tejastrue
12-06-2013, 07:16 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?124331-Football-REGIONAL-FINAL-BROADCASTS

Tejastrue
12-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Go Bears!!

MustangFootball
12-06-2013, 07:23 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?124331-Football-REGIONAL-FINAL-BROADCASTS

Thanks!!!!

Go Pirates.

44INAROW
12-06-2013, 09:42 PM
Enjoyed Rita's informative interview at halftime...... Bet she was soaking up the warm air in the press box. 😛
PeeWee and I both got a "shout out". He got a kick out of that...... Thanks Chuck and Rita!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SintonFan
12-06-2013, 09:44 PM
Cool. Rita is a legend now. :)

Papá Oso
12-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Sinton D came to play like I figured they would and their O is doing just enough. I believe they are 4 for 4 on 4th down including the second td just before the half where the LV defense held them after 3 shots inside the 3 yard line. Couple of bad penalties, a long return after a fumble, a 20 yard loss on a bad shotgun snap are mistakes we can't have against a well coached team like Sinton. Looking forward to see what second half adjustments Coach Bo employs, need open it up a little when Sinton is stacking the box and challenge our receivers to make a big play for us. And it's freaking cold on this side of the field I promise, Go Bears Go!

PO

SintonFan
12-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Go Pirates!!! :cheerl:

SintonFan
12-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Sinton D came to play like I figured they would and their O is doing just enough. I believe they are 4 for 4 on 4th down including the second td just before the half where the LV defense held them after 3 shots inside the 3 yard line. Couple of bad penalties, a long return after a fumble, a 20 yard loss on a bad shotgun snap are mistakes we can't have against a well coached team like Sinton. Looking forward to see what second half adjustments Coach Bo employs, need open it up a little when Sinton is stacking the box and challenge our receivers to make a big play for us. And it's freaking cold on this side of the field I promise, Go Bears Go!
PO

Thanks for the insight. Stay warm!

Papá Oso
12-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Just like that, LV with the 60 yard td pass. Got us a game.

PhiI C
12-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the updates everyone.

BearFan1
12-06-2013, 10:21 PM
this Sinton qb is no joke! wow!

MustangFootball
12-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Let's go Pirates keep it going.!!!!!

Papá Oso
12-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Stopping us on the 1 yard line killed us there.

Ranger354
12-06-2013, 10:44 PM
One of the best games it have watched in a long time... LV defense darn good at creating turnovers..

Papá Oso
12-06-2013, 10:54 PM
That will pretty much do it, congratulations Sinton on a a hard fought win. Good luck next week, represent R4 with pride.

McHi
12-06-2013, 10:54 PM
The Rio Grande Valley is celebrating Sinton Win over La Vernia, Big Party in the Rio Grande - Way to go Sinton!!! Way to go Sinton!!! 27 to 14 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sinfan75
12-06-2013, 10:56 PM
So where is Snotbubbles!!

footballgal
12-06-2013, 10:57 PM
The Rio Grande Valley is celebrating Sinton Win over La Vernia, Big Party in the Rio Grande - Way to go Sinton!!! Way to go Sinton!!! 27 to 14 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol maybe you are

McHi
12-06-2013, 10:58 PM

He is playing the song I have a tear in my beer! But no problems at least it is cold enough to keep the beer cold!

footballgal
12-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Wow! Congratulations to the Sinton Pirates who are headed to the Semi finals.

BearFan1
12-06-2013, 11:01 PM
GReat coaching on sintons behalf. there quarterback is awesome. la vernia had to many turnovers. good luck to sinton represent R4!! well be back next year :thumbsup:

Tejastrue
Congrats Sinton. When you guys jumped out to a 14-0 lead at halftime, I felt LV was in trouble. They are not a 2nd half team on offense.

LV_Bearfan
Great game Sinton. Good luck next week!

MustangFootball
12-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Woooohoooo.....WTG Sinton Pirates BIG CONGRATS!!!!

zebrablue2
12-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Congrats to coach Allen and the PIRATES, GREAT WIN!!!:2thumbsup

rico
12-06-2013, 11:05 PM
Way to go Sinton, enjoyed listening to the game. Tarpon fans will be rooting for you against Fairfield. GOOO PIRATES!!!!!

99IHSMustang
12-06-2013, 11:09 PM
Congrats Pirates. It looks like you guys are firing on all cylinders at the right time. Congrats on the great season LV.

ValleyCat
12-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Way to go Sinton, enjoyed listening to the game. Tarpon fans will be rooting for you against Fairfield. GOOO PIRATES!!!!!

Didn't Rockdale beat Fairfield 34-30?? They also lost a couple of kids to injury....Sinton might be able to make the State Final.

sinfan75
12-06-2013, 11:16 PM
As bad as Sinton's defense was at the start of the year you gotta give credit to the coach's and players for some hard work to become a very strong unit!! Great goal line stand!!!

Tejastrue
12-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Didn't Rockdale beat Fairfield 34-30?? They also lost a couple of kids to injury....Sinton might be able to make the State Final.
What I have is Fairfield beat Rockdale 42-7

Tejastrue
12-06-2013, 11:32 PM
As bad as Sinton's defense was at the start of the year you gotta give credit to the coach's and players for some hard work to become a very strong unit!! Great goal line stand!!!

yes indeed. LV offense has been suspect late in the year. Sinton confirmed that.

Roughneck93
12-07-2013, 12:19 AM
Good job Sinton!

Ranger354
12-07-2013, 01:00 AM
Heck of a game... LA Vernia fought it tooth and nail. I was glad to see the extra little twist coach put in his week.

Heck of a game by both teams!!!!

Ranger354
12-07-2013, 01:46 AM

Was wondering the same thing.... Hey Bubbles where you at???

LV_Bearfan
12-07-2013, 01:53 AM
Was wondering the same thing.... Hey Bubbles where you at???

I think he's searching for some special seasoning. That crow sure is bitter stuff.

pirate4state
12-07-2013, 02:58 AM
Hats off to the La Vernia Bears. Impressive season & turn around. Glad y'all will be DI next year ;-)

And to my Mighty Sinton Pirates...keep proving everyone wrong. One play at a time!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2013, 03:38 AM
Great game, the suspense was expected by these two good defenses. Great season Bears, fast defensive unit!
Congrats Pirates on a hard fought win and Region IV representatives and District 30 reps!

some game highlight clips from kristv http://www.kristv.com/videos/sinton-beats-la-vernia-27-14/

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2013, 03:52 AM
Enjoyed Rita's informative interview at halftime...... Bet she was soaking up the warm air in the press box. ��
PeeWee and I both got a "shout out". He got a kick out of that...... Thanks Chuck and Rita!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD I had one phone on the broadcast and the other to check out scores. Great halftime recap of the Pirates P4S! :2thumbsup

P4S are they going to broadcast the next game? Will be hard to make it to that game on a Friday.

Epicpirates
12-07-2013, 09:05 AM
I'm not gonna lie...when I saw how the Pirates were dominating the game so well, I turned to Rita and said, "take that snot bubble" lol! We told you our defense was on fire! I'm STILL on cloud nine. Next game will be amazing. Praying for a win, but to be honest, it doesn't even matter to me if we lose. They made it there...final four! I think there are very few pirate fans who, at mid season, thought we would be sitting here discussing round 5! Congratulations to the La Vernia Bears on a great season. Sorry about your 13 game win streak. I'm sure you'll be back next season stronger and battle tested. As for the Sinton Pirates, the future is BRIGHT! ✌����:cheerl:

LV_Bearfan
12-07-2013, 09:45 AM
I'm not gonna lie...when I saw how the Pirates were dominating the game so well, I turned to Rita and said, "take that snot bubble" lol! We told you our defense was on fire! I'm STILL on cloud nine. Next game will be amazing. Praying for a win, but to be honest, it doesn't even matter to me if we lose. They made it there...final four! I think there are very few pirate fans who, at mid season, thought we would be sitting here discussing round 5! Congratulations to the La Vernia Bears on a great season. Sorry about your 13 game win streak. I'm sure you'll be back next season stronger and battle tested. As for the Sinton Pirates, the future is BRIGHT! ✌����:cheerl:
Thanks. I hope the Bears finally climb that mountain next year. Still need to beat Sinton in the playoffs. Probably won't see you guys any time soon though. LV might even be 5A in two more years. Sinton showed up to play, and the teams were too evenly matched for LV to start poorly. I'm really surprised that the Bear D had such a hard time with Sinton's O. Several times, LV turned the momentum, but Sinton had an answer every time. Just great execution to get the win.

Roxy5252
12-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Great game by both teams. Did look like some of the LV players started playing a little dirty towards the end. (#11 on defense) But hey Sinton held their composure (great coaching). One last thing and I'll move on to next weeks game. LV defense was touted as being quick, bending but not breaking, did anyone notice that a sinton defensive lineman (#62-Rob) ran down the LV QB in the open field. I think Sinton's defense doesn't get enough credit for being quick.

LV_Bearfan
12-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Great game by both teams. Did look like some of the LV players started playing a little dirty towards the end. (#11 on defense) But hey Sinton held their composure (great coaching). One last thing and I'll move on to next weeks game. LV defense was touted as being quick, bending but not breaking, did anyone notice that a sinton defensive lineman (#62-Rob) ran down the LV QB in the open field. I think Sinton's defense doesn't get enough credit for being quick.

That is probably true.

Snotbubbles
12-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Great game by both teams. Did look like some of the LV players started playing a little dirty towards the end. (#11 on defense) But hey Sinton held their composure (great coaching).

Good crow and eggs, nothing better. Congrats to Sinton. Now, represent R4 and get to the show. Speaking of playing dirty though. What is up with that blaring music ya'll play when the stadium PA announcer is trying to make announcements prior to start, and then during the game on KO's? Just curiours, and little rude. LOL.

LV_Bearfan
12-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Speaking of playin dirty, I'm pretty sure a Sinton receiver was warned several times about cheapshotting after the whistle. He was finally flagged late in the game right in front of the LV fans. Kinda goes both ways on that front. Overall a very clean game.

Epicpirates
12-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Good crow and eggs, nothing better. Congrats to Sinton. Now, represent R4 and get to the show. Speaking of playing dirty though. What is up with that blaring music ya'll play when the stadium PA announcer is trying to make announcements prior to start, and then during the game on KO's? Just curiours, and little rude. LOL.

It's not rude. Have you ever been to a college or pro football game? This is nothing compared to those games. It's called pumping up the crowd and the players. I love music at any game I attend. makes it so much more exciting. In the end, I'm not there to listen to an announcer over a cruddy pa system...I'm there for some excitement! Again, congratulations on your season. ;)

Ranger354
12-07-2013, 11:34 AM
What is up with that blaring music ya'll play when the stadium PA announcer is trying to make announcements prior to start, and then during the game on KO's?

Its called HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE. Do you guys NOT play music at your home field?

Speaking of playin dirty, I'm pretty sure a Sinton receiver was warned several times about cheapshotting after the whistle. He was finally flagged late in the game right in front of the LV fans. Kinda goes both ways on that front. Overall a very clean game.

Those two were at it all night. As in any fight the guy who swings last gets caught most of the time.

It was a great game and glad Bubbles returned to the thread. Glad I am eating Bacon and Eggs this morning and not Crow. Take care LV fans.

Ranger354
12-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Any one have any stats on the game?

Roxy5252
12-07-2013, 12:04 PM
You know your probably right. Guess the official on Sinton's side was letting the boys play because #11 was on the sinton side and got away with it. I couldn't see the LV side very well. Overall a good game and congrats to LV for a good season. Too bad it looks like y'all are moving up, guess progress is not always a good thing.

Roxy5252
12-07-2013, 12:08 PM

Caller Times

Bullaholic
12-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Congrats to the Sinton Pirates for a geat win and La Vernia for a great season. I know Rita and all the Sinton fans are proud and excited to be in Wk5---which is pretty rare playoff air. Ring that bell til' you drop and lose your voice, Rita...best of luck to the Pirates.

Papá Oso
12-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Again congratulations to the Sinton players, coaches, and fans on winning the game and Region 4. I believe the teams were evenly matched and Sinton took advantage of our mistakes better than we did theirs and our inability to get off the field in 4th down situations was just too much to over come. The fake punt was a huge swing in Mo after we'd just scored and held them to 5 yards on downs 1-3, LV had a soft protect on for the fake and had a player in position to stop it but big props to the runner for making him miss in the hole and then he was loose in the open field. The two goal line stands could easily be looked at the difference in the game although they really weren't imo, they get in on 4th down after first and goal from the 5 and we fall about 2 feet short on 4th and goal from the 3 yard line. Both teams play right up to the whistle just like you'd expect a team to play this late in the season so I didn't really see anything overly dirty, I do think the refs missed a PI call that hurt us in the 3rd. Could have been another big play for us but instead the next play our rb while fighting for the first down gets stripped for a TO, it was across the field and I assume they said the ball was uncatchable but the db clearly had 2 hands on the wr while the ball was in the air. The music while I don't mind it at times seemed to be overly used especially at the end of the game when PA is giving a recap and congratulations to each of the teams seasons and wishing Sinton luck next week but we can't hear it over Kool and the Gang lol, btw we don't play music like that and I can't think of another time I've ever been to a game that they did so no not every home team does it. Hat's off to coach Allen from Sinton, being down on the field after the last game never gets easier for every team except for one per year but it was nice to see Coach Allen consoling several of the LV players that clearly left all they had on the feild last night. Finally to wrap this season up for PO, to the La Vernia Bear team of 2013, thank you so much for a heck of ride that started for some of you four plus years ago on the hot practice field in your first taste of 2 a days. You went on to win every game as fish and jv, you provided competition every day in practice against our Varsity team 2 years ago which helped push them to the regional finals. This year you took your school and community as far as we've ever been on the field and for that I say thank you especially to the seniors that were a special group of young men both on and off the field. La Vernia has some very good players coming back to combine with another successful JV team so the future is bright in Bear Land. Go Bears Go.

PO

Some pics from the LV side can be found here:*https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.547870795301179.1073741895.469040226517570&type=1

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2013, 01:19 PM

First Downs
Sinton 12 La Vernia 8
Rushing
Sinton 278 La Vernia 130
Passing
Sinton 52 La Vernia 97
Total Offense
Sinton 330 La Vernia 227
Sinton stats
Tyler Handson 25 car 98 yds 2 tds, 1 passing td
Colton Cohea 8 car 106 yds 1 td
John Gabriel Guzman 9 car 54 yds
Ethan Owens 4 car 17 yds, 1 rec 14 yds 1 td

pirate4state
12-07-2013, 01:20 PM
I had one phone on the broadcast and the other to check out scores. Great halftime recap of the Pirates P4S! :2thumbsup

P4S are they going to broadcast the next game? Will be hard to make it to that game on a Friday.

Thanks & yes they will. YOU HAVE TO BE THERE!!! Use a vacation day!!!

I want to apologize for the music during the LV alma mater after the game. We certainly didn't mean to slight anyone. We are not that type of program. There is just so much going on and it's hard to hear especially when your head is covered in tons of gear LOL.

We use music at all our home games and we were the home team, thus the music played. Our fans & more importantly our players love it!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2013, 01:22 PM

Goes both ways in that both sides weren't backing down. Good thing but can also be a bad thing as it could eliminate a good play.

Papá Oso
12-07-2013, 01:32 PM

Stats: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2013&tpl=Boxscore&ID=196738&Sport=&TeamID=4187&SearchType=Teams

Write up: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/high_school_football/article/Sinton-holds-off-La-Vernia-5043339.php

Anyone else having issues logging in via the computer? I can only get on through my phone.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Thanks & yes they will. YOU HAVE TO BE THERE!!! Use a vacation day!!!

I want to apologize for the music during the LV alma mater after the game. We certainly didn't mean to slight anyone. We are not that type of program. There is just so much going on and it's hard to hear especially when your head is covered in tons of gear LOL.

We use music at all our home games and we were the home team, thus the music played. Our fans & more importantly our players love it!!! Have to get out of a Christmas party for work in San Antonio and wife needs to get out atleast a hr early from work otherwise i'll be listening on broadcast. Thanks to Sinton Sports Booster :)

hsfootballfan
12-08-2013, 12:38 AM
It's not rude. Have you ever been to a college or pro football game? This is nothing compared to those games. It's called pumping up the crowd and the players. I love music at any game I attend. makes it so much more exciting. In the end, I'm not there to listen to an announcer over a cruddy pa system...I'm there for some excitement! Again, congratulations on your season. ;)

I have to respectfully disagree. From a different perspective sitting on the opposite side of the stadium, it came across as extremely rude. Couldn't hear the announcer or anything else. You're not playing college or pro ball, you're playing a high school playoff game on what is supposedly a neutral field. I've been to thousands of HS and college games spanning a period of 40-plus years, and this is the most annoying practice I've encountered at so-called "neutral" fields. I completely understand pumping up the players and crowd, but perhaps instead of drowning out everything else in the stadium the speakers could be pointed towards your own sideline. Parents of players on the opposing team kind of like hearing their son's name when it's announced, especially when it turns out to be the last game of a great season and possibly the last of his high school career. Give respect, receive respect. Not a difficult concept. (And no, I don't have a son playing for LV who didn't get to hear his name announced. Just basic common sense/courtesy and observation of parents in the stands)

That being said, congrats Sinton on the win. You guys played lights-out and put on an impressive showing. I'll be rooting for you the rest of the way. You will represent Region IV very well.

Epicpirates
12-08-2013, 09:48 AM
May be a neutral field, but we were still the HOME team. Seems odd to me that NOBODY plays music at any of the games you have been to in 40 yrs.I guess music is unique to 30 & 31 -3A??? I doubt it. If we were rude, we would be playing Na,Na,Na,Na, Na, Na, Na ,Na, hey, hey...good-bye! Y'all act like music was CONSTANTLY playing...give me a break! no music was playing during actual field play, (unless you count our band) so no names were cut off from being heard. The only time music was played was when our boys were getting ready to kick the ball...like other school (only in our area, and only the college/pro games I've ever been to, evidently) do. It was only on a handful of times. Maybe we should also tell our band to stop playing when there's an announcer speaking, too. This was a great game, and a great crowd. Let's not nit pick and call a team disrespectful. One thing Sinton is not and has never been is disrespectful...that's not the Sinton way. We have a wonderful coach who makes sure of that, often kneeling the ball in the red zone instead of running the score up in a game we already won, when we could have easily scored again. But hey, if music the number one crawl sticker in your mind, then I guess we're doing alright! Again, great season Bears...you played a great game and gave it you all. That's all we fans could hope for! :wave:

Snotbubbles
12-08-2013, 10:52 AM
I have to respectfully disagree. From a different perspective sitting on the opposite side of the stadium, it came across as extremely rude. Couldn't hear the announcer or anything else. You're not playing college or pro ball, you're playing a high school playoff game on what is supposedly a neutral field. I've been to thousands of HS and college games spanning a period of 40-plus years, and this is the most annoying practice I've encountered at so-called "neutral" fields. I completely understand pumping up the players and crowd, but perhaps instead of drowning out everything else in the stadium the speakers could be pointed towards your own sideline. Parents of players on the opposing team kind of like hearing their son's name when it's announced, especially when it turns out to be the last game of a great season and possibly the last of his high school career. Give respect, receive respect. Not a difficult concept. (And no, I don't have a son playing for LV who didn't get to hear his name announced. Just basic common sense/courtesy and observation of parents in the stands)

That being said, congrats Sinton on the win. You guys played lights-out and put on an impressive showing. I'll be rooting for you the rest of the way. You will represent Region IV very well.

Well said. They said their fan's and kids love hearing it, then turn it to your sideline. It's like they had 10 mega speakers lined up, then cranked the amps.

Ranger354
12-08-2013, 11:03 AM
IF it makes you LV fans feel better, I couldn't hear the darn announcer either and I was 5 feet from the press box. Even when the music wasn't playing the sound system or PA was horrible at best. I was on the field at the west end and could not hear but a 3rd of the pledge before the game as well. When Sinton played Lytle in Lytle the visitors stands had speakers mounted along the top rail of the stands. Music was blaring from them from the time I arrived 2 hours before the game. The speakers were cracking and it was horrible. This from a guy that likes good music loud.

On another note..... I was told that there were plenty of racial slurs voiced towards the Sinton players from the LV players. Talk about disrespectful....

SintonFan_inAustin
12-08-2013, 11:13 AM
IF it makes you LV fans feel better, I couldn't hear the darn announcer either and I was 5 feet from the press box. Even when the music wasn't playing the sound system or PA was horrible at best. I was on the field at the west end and could not hear but a 3rd of the pledge before the game as well. When Sinton played Lytle in Lytle the visitors stands had speakers mounted along the top rail of the stands. Music was blaring from them from the time I arrived 2 hours before the game. The speakers were cracking and it was horrible. This from a guy that likes good music loud.

On another note..... I was told that there were plenty of racial slurs voiced towards the Sinton players from the LV players. Talk about disrespectful.... We're the home team again, play it loud Hells Bells!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25lv1_acdc-hells-bells_music?start=26

Ranger354
12-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Sounds good to me...!!!!

YTBulldogs
12-08-2013, 02:18 PM
On another note..... I was told that there were plenty of racial slurs voiced towards the Sinton players from the LV players. Talk about disrespectful....

Come on. Don't go there. Congrats on the big win though.

hsfootballfan
12-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Wow I didn't mean to start such a firestorm. Obviously my post was not worded very artfully. I meant it in a global sense, not as an isolated incident regarding this specific game. Re-reading it I can see how it gave that impression. Again, definitely not very well-worded. However, I did not intend to imply that the blaring of music is exclusive to Sinton or that Sinton was intentionally trying to be rude or disrespectful. I have experienced it numerous times and I know that it is a common practice in quite a few schools. It has always been a major pet peeve of mine, especially at neutral fields. I just don't understand doing something that drowns out every single other sound in the stadium. I'm not opposed to "pump-up" music per se, but it's the volume at which it tends to be played that is offensive to me. My post was meant to be a comment on the practice in general, not to specifically call out one team or fan base. In no way do I think the Sinton players or coaches were rude or disrespectful. They played and coached one hell of a game, and I congratulate them. I have nothing but respect for the way the game was played. I was merely offering a different perspective to the comment that was made about it not being a rude practice. I apologize if I offended the Sinton fans by the way in which I was trying to express my opinion. Again, congrats to the Pirates. I wish you the best of luck against Fairfield.

LV_Bearfan
12-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Artificial noise at high school games is crap. Hate it. Can't believe the UIL allows it. What's the point of having a band and a crowd. I come high school games because they are different from all other levels of competition. That crap detracts from the game. I have never seen a game with that stupid crap used. Just my opinion. Has nothing to do with my feelings that Sinton played a great game and should be proud of their accomplishment.

LV_Bearfan
12-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Oh, and I like AC/DC too, so there. Still has no place as was/is used.

Roxy5252
12-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Artificial noise at high school games is crap. Hate it. Can't believe the UIL allows it. What's the point of having a band and a crowd. I come high school games because they are different from all other levels of competition. That crap detracts from the game. I have never seen a game with that stupid crap used. Just my opinion. Has nothing to do with my feelings that Sinton played a great game and should be proud of their accomplishment.

Ask the LV boys if they want music and I bet most of them would like to have it. Sinton does it because the boys like it. And if it gives them that extra edge they need, we will continue to use it as long as they want.

BearBacker
12-08-2013, 10:25 PM
I was surprised when the music started right after the National Anthem because I first thought it was coming from the press box. While it does get the team pumped up, I don't think it had any bearing on the outcome of the game. The only thing I wish would have been different was at the end of the game when the public address announcer was congratulating both teams for their effort and especially Sinton for the victory and the right to represent Region IV. It was something good that he had to say about the game, and the music system drowned that out. The music could have waited until after all that was said and school songs were played.

Is this done at Sinton home games? No regard for the PA announcer or the visiting band?

Ranger354
12-08-2013, 10:49 PM
As a band member parent that has spent the last 4 years supporting my band member son, I feel there is a time and a place for the music. I don't like the fact that it is played some times when the band is playing in the stands. I dont think it is intentional or to be malicious. The fact that the sinton band has played some of the same music for what seems decades is just as annoying as some may think the electronic music is.

Yes there is a time and a place for all of it. And maybe that should be discussed on a different thread.

Snotbubbles
12-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Ask the LV boys if they want music and I bet most of them would like to have it. Sinton does it because the boys like it. And if it gives them that extra edge they need, we will continue to use it as long as they want.

Pitiful. There is a time to blast it, and a time not to, don't ya think? Sure the boy's on both teams would like to be respectful for others partaking in this joyful time. IE: Team's school song, PA announcer congratulating both schools, or giving Victoria Memorial Stadium rules, etc.

LV_Bearfan
12-08-2013, 11:25 PM

I don't expect you'll be allowed to use it in the same fashion for very long. Good luck this week. I do hope your guys can pull this one out.

pirate4state
12-08-2013, 11:38 PM
I don't expect you'll be allowed to use it in the same fashion for very long. Good luck this week. I do hope your guys can pull this one out.

We've been using it for years now. You should have been at Judson back in 2009 when both schools (us & La Grange) were able to bring their music. I'm sure some of you would have left since you can't seem to handle it.

Let's just all agree to disagree. Too each his own.

Ranger354
12-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Let's just all agree to disagree. Too each his own.

I say MORE COW BELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!