PDA

View Full Version : 3A D1 Reg III Finals: Carthage (12-1) vs West Orange-Stark (11-1)

WOS87
11-30-2013, 12:14 AM
First time ever that these teams will meet although we got close back when we were both 4A in the '90s

Game will be Friday Dec. 6 @ 7:30pm at Beaumont ISD's Carrol A. Thomas Educational Support Center

cowboyandchrist
11-30-2013, 12:24 AM
First time these teams will meet ever although we got close back when we were both 4A

Game will be Friday Dec. 6 @ 7:30pm at Beaumont ISD's Carrol A. Thomas Educational Support Center

The Dawgs are hitting on all cylinders, the offense and defense are just flat out amazing. I believe the Dawgs can win this game and they will be ready. God Bless and pray no injuries.

WOS87
11-30-2013, 12:29 AM
The Dawgs are hitting on all cylinders, the offense and defense are just flat out amazing. I believe the Dawgs can win this game and they will be ready. God Bless and pray no injuries.

I agree Carthage is the favorite for sure but Jasper is our biggest rival so everything gets thrown out the window when we play them. Feel free to prepare from our performance tonight by all means. :devil:

defense51
11-30-2013, 12:37 AM
I expect a slobberknocker in this game. WOS87 can you post both teams 2013 schedules and results?

WOS87
11-30-2013, 12:38 AM
Beaumont ISD Stadium Friday 7:30pm

http://www.orangeleader.com/hssports/x715830041/Phew-Mustangs-escape-Bulldogs

cowboyandchrist
11-30-2013, 12:39 AM
I agree Carthage is the favorite for sure but Jasper is our biggest rival so everything gets thrown out the window when we play them. Feel free to prepare from our performance tonight by all means. :devil:
You will not here any of that from me, I have been watching high school ball for over fifty years. I know WOS is a very good football team or they would not be playing in December. I do believe my Dawgs can win this game, will they, won't know that until 10:30 next Friday night.
God Bless and pray no injuries.

WOS87
11-30-2013, 12:44 AM
I expect a slobberknocker in this game. WOS87 can you post both teams 2013 schedules and results?

Carthage (12-1)

Jacksonville 42-28
Lindale 45-17
Tyler Chapel Hill 52-22
Nacogdoches 44-40
Whitehouse 39-63 LOSS
Rusk 44-7
Huntington 55-6
Center 55-3
Jasper 41-26
Diboll 49-6
Bi-D: Mexia 49-6
Area: Navasota 44-14
Reg: Silsbee 49-6
Qu: West Orange-Stark

West Orange-Stark (11-1)

Little Cypress-Mauriceville 21-3
Port Neches-Groves 34-37 LOSS
Beaumont Central 31-7
Hamshire-Fannett* 36-10
Hardin-Jefferson* 46-6
Orangefield* 38-14
Buna* 42-0
Bridge City* 40-16
Silsbee* 27-0
Bi-D: Huffman Hargrave 41-9
Area: West Columbia 61-7
Reg: Jasper 18-16
Qu: Carthage

We both beat Silsbee and Jasper but they had a margin of victory of 2 TD's more against both compared to the Mustangs...

Dawgs
11-30-2013, 04:51 AM
Should be a great game. Looking forward to seeing the battle between WOS D vs. Carthage O. Should be a good test for both units. I think Carthage D shuts down the WOS O, and thats the difference. Carthage is playing lights out football right now. Ill say its an uphill battle for the Mustangs. I think we can expect a game about like the Navasota IMHO. Not taking anything away from WOS, cause they are in the 4th round, but Carthage is on a mission.

WOS1
11-30-2013, 10:34 AM
What kind of offense does Whitehouse run?

cowboyandchrist
11-30-2013, 11:30 AM
What kind of offense does Whitehouse run?

They are a spread offense, but that is not the story. They have the best Q/B in the state in Mahomes. The Dawgs had them down by 19 in the 3rd quarter when they fumbled four times and Mahomes went crazy. He looked like Barry sanders dodging the rush and pin point on his passes. The playoff Dawgs would handle them easy, but that night all that could go wrong when you are winning did go wrong.

Dawgs
11-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Not that it matter one bit, but I was wondering where did WOS finish in the final polls? Just wondering, cause I know you can throw rankings out the window when there is only 16 teams left in all of 3a, and 8 in D1.

WOS1
11-30-2013, 12:13 PM
I think around 13th.

WOS1
11-30-2013, 12:19 PM
They are a spread offense, but that is not the story. They have the best Q/B in the state in Mahomes. The Dawgs had them down by 19 in the 3rd quarter when they fumbled four times and Mahomes went crazy. He looked like Barry sanders dodging the rush and pin point on his passes. The playoff Dawgs would handle them easy, but that night all that could go wrong when you are winning did go wrong.

I understand... Sometimes games just get away from you. I would also advise not to judge the WOS offense by the game against Jasper. Jasper is one of our rivals. We know each other well and most times the games are tight. It's one of those games where you can throw out the records. I've seen on other sites where Carthage fans predict a shut out... If that happens I would be extremely surprised. WOS can move the ball. It would not surprise me if we score 35-42 points. The task will be to keep Carthage under that many.

Dawgs
11-30-2013, 12:30 PM
I understand... Sometimes games just get away from you. I would also advise not to judge the WOS offense by the game against Jasper. Jasper is one of our rivals. We know each other well and most times the games are tight. It's one of those games where you can throw out the records. I've seen on other sites where Carthage fans predict a shut out... If that happens I would be extremely surprised. WOS can move the ball. It would not surprise me if we score 35-42 points. The task will be to keep Carthage under that many.

I would be extremely surprised if either team will score that many. If WOS scores 35 - 42 points I would say the chances of them winning the game are high. Question, what makes you think WOS could put up that kind of points against Carthage. Only one team has scored that many points this season agianst the Dawg D, and they just scored 60 in the 3rd round of the 4a playoffs. Our D has improved a good bit since that game. Held a pretty good Navasota to 7 points (+7 on the last play of the game with 2s). Crazier things have happened, but I will say first to 28 wins. WOS D better be as good as advertised or its going to be a long night. I look for a slug fest / defensive struggle first 3 QT, with Carthage pulling away in the 4th. I'll say Carthage 28 WOS 13.

WOS87
11-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I have Carthage as a 2 TD favorite but a couple of unexpected turnovers or big plays could make it a blow out for Carthage or have WOS as a contender if things swing their way. WOS hasn't fared the best in the Quarterfinals the past two years against State Semifinalist Coldspring in 2011 and State Champ Navasota in 2012. We'll see this Friday. I know the Golden Triangle will have a huge turnout of support since we're playing in Beaumont and WOS is the only team from the area left alive now. I hope it's a good game and not a blowout and of course that everyone stays healthy with no injuries.

WOS1
11-30-2013, 08:10 PM
I would be extremely surprised if either team will score that many. If WOS scores 35 - 42 points I would say the chances of them winning the game are high. Question, what makes you think WOS could put up that kind of points against Carthage. Only one team has scored that many points this season agianst the Dawg D, and they just scored 60 in the 3rd round of the 4a playoffs. Our D has improved a good bit since that game. Held a pretty good Navasota to 7 points (+7 on the last play of the game with 2s). Crazier things have happened, but I will say first to 28 wins. WOS D better be as good as advertised or its going to be a long night. I look for a slug fest / defensive struggle first 3 QT, with Carthage pulling away in the 4th. I'll say Carthage 28 WOS 13.

I'm not predicting it (the points) I said it wouldn't surprise me if they did. They have the potential. If they come out firing on all cylinders, they can score on anyone. I also realize that Carthage has a great offense, thus my comment about the "task" is being able to keep them under 35-42. I think you Carthage folks want us to just say we have no chance or something...lol. Not going to happen. We don't believe it and neither will our kids. No, we didn't fare well against Coldspring in this round in 2011 or Navasota last year. That was a different QB. I could be wrong, but I don't think you will see this kid fold up. Of course, everyone says "this years team is different". I get tired of hearing it because, most times the results end up the same, but I will say this QB is different and he has some big, fast, talented receivers to get the ball to. So yeah, if we get 35-42, it would not surprise me. Not a prediction, but a possibility.

Dawgs
12-01-2013, 12:38 AM
I'm not predicting it (the points) I said it wouldn't surprise me if they did. They have the potential. If they come out firing on all cylinders, they can score on anyone. I also realize that Carthage has a great offense, thus my comment about the "task" is being able to keep them under 35-42. I think you Carthage folks want us to just say we have no chance or something...lol. Not going to happen. We don't believe it and neither will our kids. No, we didn't fare well against Coldspring in this round in 2011 or Navasota last year. That was a different QB. I could be wrong, but I don't think you will see this kid fold up. Of course, everyone says "this years team is different". I get tired of hearing it because, most times the results end up the same, but I will say this QB is different and he has some big, fast, talented receivers to get the ball to. So yeah, if we get 35-42, it would not surprise me. Not a prediction, but a possibility.

+1...I hope it's a great game. Looks like you guys have the good fortune to also have this QB for another 2 years! We had that luxury with our senior QB too. It's always nice when you get a sophomore in there, and he performs well. You know barring injury your set up for a few years. BTW, I don't think you will find Carthage fans in here that think WOS is going to lay down for anyone. Should be a good test for both teams.

WOS1
12-03-2013, 09:58 AM
Not a bunch of talk going on so far... Surprising! Guess all the Carthage folks are on Smoaky?

db1980
12-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Not a bunch of talk going on so far... Surprising! Guess all the Carthage folks are on Smoaky?

No, still laughing from reading the setx site

OldBison75
12-03-2013, 10:51 AM
My prediction is that this will be a defensive battle for three quarters with neither team really making strides on offense. After three the score may be in the 14-7 range. However, that Dawg offensive line will turn up the heat in the second half and wear down the WOS defensive front, allowing the Dawg offense to start dominating. I think the final will be in the 28-14 range. WOS is known for a stingy defense, but Carthage has the ability to just wear out a defensive line and then take advantage of every step the defense loses.

jbone68
12-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Dawgs take this one 42 - 17.....

D'Highlander
12-03-2013, 01:07 PM
I have WOS by 2.... mark it down.

JBulldawg
12-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Carthage wins 38-18

defense51
12-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Carthage by 10, this should be a great game!

db1980
12-03-2013, 03:01 PM
My prediction is that this will be a defensive battle for three quarters with neither team really making strides on offense. After three the score may be in the 14-7 range. However, that Dawg offensive line will turn up the heat in the second half and wear down the WOS defensive front, allowing the Dawg offense to start dominating. I think the final will be in the 28-14 range. WOS is known for a stingy defense, but Carthage has the ability to just wear out a defensive line and then take advantage of every step the defense loses.

I see Carthage controlling both LOS. In doing that they will control and dictate how the game goes. They made navasota's DL look silly for most of the game.

GUNHO
12-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Carthage is going to be a hand full that's for sure.Great D and O. Don't have any idea how many points Carthage will manage to put on WO-S but I think WO-S will have to score at least 4 tds to stay in the game.My main concern is being able to force some three and outs so our D want have to stay on the field for long periods of time.This is a young team for WO-S so will see what happens.Hope every one stays healthy.

WOS1
12-03-2013, 05:04 PM
I see Carthage controlling both LOS. In doing that they will control and dictate how the game goes. They made navasota's DL look silly for most of the game.

Carthage won't control both.

venomous tat2
12-03-2013, 05:16 PM

Well, for what it worth every time Carthage qb got to the line of scrimmage he pointed to Wells wherever he lined up then ran away from him and did a dam good job of double teaming him, but Carthage had the best O line we've seen in a while.

db1980
12-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Carthage won't control both.

Ok. Forgive me for not believing you

db1980
12-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Well, for what it worth every time Carthage qb got to the line of scrimmage he pointed to Wells wherever he lined up then ran away from him and did a dam good job of double teaming him, but Carthage had the best O line we've seen in a while.
He was a beast and had to be schemed accordingly, but the Dawgs were running at a particular DLineman, not away from 68.

Dawgs
12-04-2013, 10:41 AM
http://etsn.fm/carthage-west-orange-stark-battle-for-3a-d-i-region-iii-crown/

WOS1
12-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Saw the film on the Jasper vs Carthage game. Still not understanding why Jasper didn't give Cuney, at least, 10 more carries. They had trouble slowing him down. How many yards did he have?

WOS1
12-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Just saw it. 261 yards... Figured it was close to that.

cowboyandchrist
12-05-2013, 10:04 AM
Just saw it. 261 yards... Figured it was close to that.
Just a reminder, It was only 10 yards more than what he rushed against WOS. The young man was a load to bring down. C Dawgs 41 J Dawgs 26 WOS 18 J Dawgs 16
This will be a great ball game and the difference I think will be the C Dawgs offensive line. Bad weather and motor grader O line, I believe will be the reason the Dawgs win in a very hard fought game. God Bless and pray no injuries.

GUNHO
12-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Just a reminder, It was only 10 yards more than what he rushed against WOS. The young man was a load to bring down. C Dawgs 41 J Dawgs 26 WOS 18 J Dawgs 16
This will be a great ball game and the difference I think will be the C Dawgs offensive line. Bad weather and motor grader O line, I believe will be the reason the Dawgs win in a very hard fought game. God Bless and pray no injuries.

Yeah your O line I think will be the key.We have to find some way to slow it down.That shouldn't be to hard to do just because no one has done it in 13 games.Piece of cake huh.Carthage is going to be a handful that's for sure.When you get this deep these are the types of teams you have to beat.

WOS1
12-05-2013, 05:21 PM
He rushed for 220 against WOS... Splitting hairs, but it is what it is. I agree, the kid is something special.

stxfootball
12-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Don't know much about either team but looking at their records and the little I do know about them this should be a good game

WOS1
12-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Although you've all probably left already. Safe travels to all Carthagians... Is that how you say it?

bobcat1
12-06-2013, 11:16 PM
Heck of season WOS. Congrats on the win Carthage. Carthage takes on LaGrange next. Carthage wins 28-14

Ville-D
12-06-2013, 11:17 PM
I listened. The play-by-play guy is good. The color guy... not so much - hard to listen to...

WOS87
12-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Carthage is definitely beatable... WOS had 6 turnovers... and if we had stopped them on 2 key 4th down plays it would have been a different game but the Dawgs are definitely the real deal when it comes to making the tough decisions and following through. Good luck against La Grange!

Dawgs
12-06-2013, 11:29 PM

Well I was pretty close on my prediction. Great season WOS. You guys told us this would be the best defense we had seen, and it was! WOS kids never quit. Carthage just too much. Our D is stepping up, and continues to get better. Both defenses played great, Carthage created more turnovers. Secondary played outstanding. Really proud of this team winning a game in this fashion.

cowboyandchrist
12-06-2013, 11:30 PM
LG by 14 next week.

That is what you are hoping for, but not going to happen. You got your monster to face next week and you better hope you D line is well rested.

Dawgs
12-06-2013, 11:31 PM
LG by 14 next week.

Good luck to Ville. Have a nice night.

Ville-D
12-06-2013, 11:41 PM
That is what you are hoping for, but not going to happen. You got your monster to face next week and you better hope you D line is well rested.

I am hoping for an LG/SV SC. Parents live in LG as well as my sister/bro-in-law/nieces/nephew. It would be fun to have family sitting on the other side of Cowboy Stadium.

Ville-D
12-06-2013, 11:44 PM

It would sure suck to get knocked out by the runner-up 2 years in a row. Play hard.

Dawgs
12-06-2013, 11:46 PM
I am hoping for an LG/SV SC. Parents live in LG as well as my sister/bro-in-law/nieces/nephew. It would be fun to have family sitting on the other side of Cowboy Stadium.

Well why don't you just wait until a Carthage vs La Grange thread is started before pulling a score prediction out of your ass?

cowboyandchrist
12-06-2013, 11:51 PM

If I was you I would not put that on my wish list for Christmas, Santa wears Red and white just like Kilgore and Carthage.

Ville-D
12-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Well why don't you just wait until a Carthage vs La Grange thread is started before pulling a score prediction out of your ass?

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Here you go:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?124407-3A-D1-Semi-Final-Carthage-%2813-1%29-vs-La-Grange-%2813-0%29

You really should lighten up. You are not the #2 guy on the broadcast are you?

j_dog
12-07-2013, 12:08 AM
Congratulations Carthage for the win; and congratulations WOS for a great season! Too bad somebody had to lose.

WOS1
12-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Great game Carthage! Great team! Good luck next week.