PDA

View Full Version : What's for Supper, Grandpa???

regaleagle
11-27-2013, 08:50 PM
I got a whole mess of eats scheduled for Turkey Day tomorrow, including the turkey, too. Yep...I'm the appointed chef nowadays with my wife gone and all. No problemo, I've been a pretty nifty cook for most of my adult life...which takes in several decades now. We'll start the day with some munchies til the turkey is ready. I've got a relish tray of veggies and spinach dip to snack on...as well as barbque sausages and chile con queso w/chips and other dips, too. I make my own bean dip using refried beans and green chiles with some jalepeno juice for flavor....then nacho slices you can apply that are in the bowl on the table. There's 3 or 4 kinds of olives and some pickled sweet & hot peppers as well. Green onions, cherry tomatoes, red grapes, several types of cheese cubes, some pork ribs off the grill, deviled eggs, and Texas Cavier make for good eatin' too. We'll usually have our turkey & dressing with all the sides about 2-3 pm so you can eat on it the rest of the day and evening. Then on Friday you've got all these leftovers. I did buy a small brisket I'll put on this weekend to offset the turkey deal. Oh....I almost forgot the tamales. You gotta have tamales and salsa to make things official. Got me some nice ribeyes too....just in case.

hollywood
11-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Sounds awesome regal. Sounds a lot like my grandparents Thanksgiving. He was the one who usually cooked as well. He's gone now, really miss him this time of year. Enjoy every minute of it!

Happy Thanksgiving!

refereedoc
11-27-2013, 09:03 PM
I got a whole mess of eats scheduled for Turkey Day tomorrow, including the turkey, too. Yep...I'm the appointed chef nowadays with my wife gone and all. No problemo, I've been a pretty nifty cook for most of my adult life...which takes in several decades now. We'll start the day with some munchies til the turkey is ready. I've got a relish tray of veggies and spinach dip to snack on...as well as barbque sausages and chile con queso w/chips and other dips, too. I make my own bean dip using refried beans and green chiles with some jalepeno juice for flavor....then nacho slices you can apply that are in the bowl on the table. There's 3 or 4 kinds of olives and some pickled sweet & hot peppers as well. Green onions, cherry tomatoes, red grapes, several types of cheese cubes, some pork ribs off the grill, deviled eggs, and Texas Cavier make for good eatin' too. We'll usually have our turkey & dressing with all the sides about 2-3 pm so you can eat on it the rest of the day and evening. Then on Friday you've got all these leftovers. I did buy a small brisket I'll put on this weekend to offset the turkey deal. Oh....I almost forgot the tamales. You gotta have tamales and salsa to make things official. Got me some nice ribeyes too....just in case.

You need any help eating all that?lol

44INAROW
11-27-2013, 10:07 PM
Sounds delicious Regal🍗🍻🍹🍖. We are eating our big meal on Friday .... Enjoy 😜

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ccmom
11-27-2013, 10:17 PM
Turkey, dressing, ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, Mac n cheese, sweet potatoe pie, broccoli n cheese, tamales, stuffed mushrooms, stuffed jalapeņos, pumpkin pie, chocolate bourbon pecan pie, pumpkin bread, buttermilk pie, red velvet cake, .....I know I'm leaving some stuff out but you get the picture.

Oh and LOTS of wine!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

bobcat1
11-27-2013, 11:09 PM
Turkey, dressing, ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, Mac n cheese, sweet potatoe pie, broccoli n cheese, tamales, stuffed mushrooms, stuffed jalapeņos, pumpkin pie, chocolate bourbon pecan pie, pumpkin bread, buttermilk pie, red velvet cake, .....I know I'm leaving some stuff out but you get the picture.

Oh and LOTS of wine!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!! I have to know about this "chocolate bourbon pecan pie"! Recipe please!

ccmom
11-27-2013, 11:17 PM
I have to know about this "chocolate bourbon pecan pie"! Recipe please!

I'll pm ya!! Yummmmmmm

regaleagle
11-28-2013, 03:29 AM
Ditto for me, too. Tell me about this chocolate bourbon pecan pie, Mom.

regaleagle
11-28-2013, 03:42 AM
I really hate salivating about this...but what I really miss the most nowadays is the way my grandma used to handmake dozens of yeast rolls every Thanksgiving. You just can't buy that kind of love. It was literally a fight to the finish for the very last one, and there were literally 4-5 dozen she made every single year....from scratch. Man....were they good. They just melted in your mouth and floated on your plate. Aahh....the simple things in life. Thanks grandma.