PDA

View Full Version : Basketball

ccmom
11-26-2013, 10:31 PM
For most schools, it's time to think about round ball...Wylie included. :crying: Half the teams that are still playing round 3 in football, will be on to basketball in just a few days.

Wylie played Sville tonight (boys and girls). Earlier today, I realized that we haven't heard from vskneb (I can't remember for sure how to spell it) about Sville basketball this season. Seems like last year he started talking about basketball around September. In his defense, he did say that last year's Sville team was their best shot at a deep run, so maybe this year's team just doesn't have the potential he saw last year. Who knows? Sville girls were pretty salty last year, as well.

Tonight's scores....
Girls
Wylie 54
Sville 37

Boys
Wylie 74
Sville 40

Seems like I remember that Stidham plays basketball (unless that was a different Stidham). Are there any other football players that will play key roles on the basketball team? I know y'all are planning on several more weeks of football, but I'd like to hear any Sville poster's thoughts on your basketball teams this season.

Anybody else wanna talk about their teams?

I just realized I started a new thread that includes the "S" word. What's happening to me?! ;)

Cam
11-26-2013, 11:49 PM
Burnet Post Clayton Baumgart , 6'7", has been selected to Preseason All State: http://texasbasketballmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/BOYS-ALL-STATE-2014.pdf

I think there's a Wylie kiddo in there as well.

Alot of Burnet BB players play football. Kiser, Mardis, Parisher, Halfley, Johnson, etc......Coach Kiser is a fine coach.....this team should be very competitive.

For most schools, it's time to think about round ball...Wylie included. :crying: Half the teams that are still playing round 3 in football, will be on to basketball in just a few days.

Wylie played Sville tonight (boys and girls). Earlier today, I realized that we haven't heard from vskneb (I can't remember for sure how to spell it) about Sville basketball this season. Seems like last year he started talking about basketball around September. In his defense, he did say that last year's Sville team was their best shot at a deep run, so maybe this year's team just doesn't have the potential he saw last year. Who knows? Sville girls were pretty salty last year, as well.

Tonight's scores....
Girls
Wylie 54
Sville 37

Boys
Wylie 74
Sville 40

Seems like I remember that Stidham plays basketball (unless that was a different Stidham). Are there any other football players that will play key roles on the basketball team? I know y'all are planning on several more weeks of football, but I'd like to hear any Sville poster's thoughts on your basketball teams this season.

Anybody else wanna talk about their teams?

I just realized I started a new thread that includes the "S" word. What's happening to me?! ;)

Stephenville top scorer is starting receiver#3 Grayson Sweet. Stephenville starting point guard is starting corner # 15 Malik Taylor. Stephenville #32 BJ Walker is starting receiver is a starter and solid muscle. Stephenville QB #1 Jarrett Stidham is second leading scorer and we'll you know the rest. And one of Stephenville starters at corner #16 Brandon Stevens a shooting guard has been suspended until football is over and will be back for basketball. So the starting 5 are all gone. The team you saw was JV with the exception of a few seniors who don't start or play much if any. And actually his year team will be better than last. This group of men have played together for 7 years in AAU and have won district every year.

Sweet and a Stidham were both first team all district. The others were new comer of the year, 6th man of the year, and second team all district.

Sweet and a Stidham were both first team all district. The others were new comer of the year, 6th man of the year, and second team all district.

You also have the enforcers in Jonah Noah 35, Tyler Isham #8 and Mookie Carlisle #13. That have all played together forever. The jackets are coming just got a little business to handle first.

ccmom
11-27-2013, 08:37 AM
You also have the enforcers in Jonah Noah 35, Tyler Isham #8 and Mookie Carlisle #13. That have all played together forever. The jackets are coming just got a little business to handle first.

Thanks for the info. Was I confused about who it was that posted all the basketball smack last year? Was it you or vskneb (sp?)?

eagles_victory
11-27-2013, 01:00 PM
White Oak MS beat Waller MS 49-30.

No smack just fact jack

ccmom
11-27-2013, 02:43 PM
No smack just fact jack

Uhhh my apologies to vskneb (sp?). I read through last year's threads. It was indeed Ville who was jacking his basketball jaws. Good luck to the Jackets, this year.

Scoop27
11-27-2013, 03:23 PM
By Butch McReynolds sports@thefacts.com | 0 comments

SWEENY — After Sweeny went up on visiting Hitchcock by a 6-3 count in the first quarter Tuesday night, it might have been a good time for the same type of electrical outage that suspended the girl’s game the night before.

Hitchcock (4-1) caught fire and scored 13 straight points after that early deficit and never looked back in securing a convincing 63-38 nondistrict victory.

“We just couldn’t get it going,” first-year Bulldog coach Shannon Permenter said after the game. “In reality, we have had one day of practice after getting our football players out. We are just going to have to continue to work hard and get better.”

Permenter gave a lot of kids a chance to play against the speedy Hitchcock bunch, but none of his combinations worked on this night.

“Hitchcock has a very good team,” Permenter said. “They have a ton of talented seniors and we knew going in they would be tough. We will learn from this and get back to practice after Thanksgiving.”

The visiting Bulldogs, paced by senior scoring sensations Randy Trigo (21 points) and Tevon Hubbard (20 points) led by a 36-12 margin at the halftime intermission and stretched their lead to 35 points (56-21) at the end of the third quarter.

Trigo, who scored his season average, also claimed six rebounds and a pair of steals to go along with dishing out five assists, while the high-jumping Hubbard swiped the boards for a game-high 13 rebounds and came up with a pair of steals.

The Hitchcock full-court pressure hurt Sweeny from the beginning, causing 15 turnovers in the first half and 26 for the game.

Sweeny countered with some pressure defense of its own, causing 13 turnovers in the first half and 25 by their Bulldog counterparts.

The biggest difference was the dead-eye shooting by Trigo and Hubbard, who each had a pair of treys in the outing.

Sweeny found baskets hard to come by, and the free-throw line was not much better. The Bulldogs (1-2) finished out 6-19 from the charity stripe and went through an eight-minute period in the first half scoring only one point from the line.

A layup by Phillip Higgins (seven points, seven rebounds) broke a 28-1 Hitchcock run.

With most of the Hitchcock regulars on the bench, the hometown Bulldogs managed to slice the margin to 22 as Bryce Lemon poured in 11 points, Brett Bullard chipped in with eight and guard Dee Martin added seven points, mostly in the final period.

Martin and Lemon finished out the contest with three steals each.

maestro
11-28-2013, 08:33 AM
By Butch McReynolds sports@thefacts.com | 0 comments

SWEENY — After Sweeny went up on visiting Hitchcock by a 6-3 count in the first quarter Tuesday night, it might have been a good time for the same type of electrical outage that suspended the girl’s game the night before.

Hitchcock (4-1) caught fire and scored 13 straight points after that early deficit and never looked back in securing a convincing 63-38 nondistrict victory.

“We just couldn’t get it going,” first-year Bulldog coach Shannon Permenter said after the game. “In reality, we have had one day of practice after getting our football players out. We are just going to have to continue to work hard and get better.”

Permenter gave a lot of kids a chance to play against the speedy Hitchcock bunch, but none of his combinations worked on this night.

“Hitchcock has a very good team,” Permenter said. “They have a ton of talented seniors and we knew going in they would be tough. We will learn from this and get back to practice after Thanksgiving.”

The visiting Bulldogs, paced by senior scoring sensations Randy Trigo (21 points) and Tevon Hubbard (20 points) led by a 36-12 margin at the halftime intermission and stretched their lead to 35 points (56-21) at the end of the third quarter.

Trigo, who scored his season average, also claimed six rebounds and a pair of steals to go along with dishing out five assists, while the high-jumping Hubbard swiped the boards for a game-high 13 rebounds and came up with a pair of steals.

The Hitchcock full-court pressure hurt Sweeny from the beginning, causing 15 turnovers in the first half and 26 for the game.

Sweeny countered with some pressure defense of its own, causing 13 turnovers in the first half and 25 by their Bulldog counterparts.

The biggest difference was the dead-eye shooting by Trigo and Hubbard, who each had a pair of treys in the outing.

Sweeny found baskets hard to come by, and the free-throw line was not much better. The Bulldogs (1-2) finished out 6-19 from the charity stripe and went through an eight-minute period in the first half scoring only one point from the line.

A layup by Phillip Higgins (seven points, seven rebounds) broke a 28-1 Hitchcock run.

With most of the Hitchcock regulars on the bench, the hometown Bulldogs managed to slice the margin to 22 as Bryce Lemon poured in 11 points, Brett Bullard chipped in with eight and guard Dee Martin added seven points, mostly in the final period.

Martin and Lemon finished out the contest with three steals each.

Hasn't Sweeny gone thru like 3 coaches in 14 months??

I was surprised to see crow22 sitting as head hoops coach

Matthew328
11-29-2013, 08:57 AM
3A hoops will be real easy...Madison, Yates or AAA will win it all

Roughneck93
11-29-2013, 11:06 AM

Possible state championship preview?

Yates and AAA went at it on Wednesday at the HoopsGiving Classic in Houston.

Yates 96 AAA 83.

http://www.rcssports.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=648:hoopsgiving-classic&catid=31:general&Itemid=48

Sweetwater Red
11-29-2013, 11:13 AM

Just out of curiosity, which way are these schools going
after reclassification? I seem to remember that Madison
is a medium to small 3A but what about Yates or AAA?

eagles_victory
11-30-2013, 05:33 PM
They should not exactly an even playing field.

franz
12-02-2013, 10:30 AM

You must not of read Ville's posts. Stephenville will be in the mix.

ccmom
01-19-2014, 01:24 AM
Stephenville top scorer is starting receiver#3 Grayson Sweet. Stephenville starting point guard is starting corner # 15 Malik Taylor. Stephenville #32 BJ Walker is starting receiver is a starter and solid muscle. Stephenville QB #1 Jarrett Stidham is second leading scorer and we'll you know the rest. And one of Stephenville starters at corner #16 Brandon Stevens a shooting guard has been suspended until football is over and will be back for basketball. So the starting 5 are all gone. The team you saw was JV with the exception of a few seniors who don't start or play much if any. And actually his year team will be better than last. This group of men have played together for 7 years in AAU and have won district every year.
Haven't heard from you about Sville basketball in a while. Is this year's team living up to your expectations? I honestly don't know. I mean I have suspicions since you haven't posted anything about them, but I haven't looked up their record. What's up?

refereedoc
01-19-2014, 11:01 AM
I don't have a dog in this hunt but just observations from afar. They struggled getting started after football, but should win district. Unless something changes maybe a couple of rounds in the playoffs, but they could prove me wrong. IMHO not as good as last year , lacking depth off the bench.

ccmom
01-19-2014, 11:39 AM
I don't have a dog in this hunt but just observations from afar. They struggled getting started after football, but should win district. Unless something changes maybe a couple of rounds in the playoffs, but they could prove me wrong. IMHO not as good as last year , lacking depth off the bench.

Gotcha. Well once you make it to the playoffs you never know what might happen. What's their record? I tried to look it up on maxpreps but I feel like theirs is not accurate. It shows 3-12 but with a few games that aren't scored. I figured some of the other games might not be correct.

refereedoc
01-19-2014, 02:06 PM
6 wins. They won 3 non district. Stidham is still recovering from torn hamstring, so IF he comes back that could make a difference.

ccmom
01-20-2014, 09:14 AM
6 wins. They won 3 non district. Stidham is still recovering from torn hamstring, so IF he comes back that could make a difference.

Crazy to think that he played that Kilgore game with an injury that he's still recovering from all these weeks later. Tough kid...great athlete. I wish him the best.

How are the Sville girls doing this year?

refereedoc
01-20-2014, 09:18 AM
Ok. Really young. They lost 1 in Glen Rose. Not as good as last year

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk