PDA

View Full Version : Carthage Bulldogs

oldtownag
11-26-2013, 04:43 PM
We still here.

Rabid Cougar
11-26-2013, 05:08 PM
Two of them committed to North Texas today. Thanks and GMG!

Dawgs
11-27-2013, 03:33 AM
Shhhh. Just let this thing play out :clap:. This has the feeling of a special season once again. We have felt this before if you know what I mean. Thats my feeling anyway. Dawgs are ROLLING!

hollywood
11-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Shhhh. Just let this thing play out :clap:. This has the feeling of a special season once again. We have felt this before if you know what I mean. Thats my feeling anyway. Dawgs are ROLLING!

You should have that feeling every year Dawgs. Stephenville does. That's part of what makes programs great. You have to believe brotha!

Dawgs
11-27-2013, 11:50 AM
You should have that feeling every year Dawgs. Stephenville does. That's part of what makes programs great. You have to believe brotha!

You don't have this same feeling every year, you may say you do like the homers in Ville; but its not every season. Last time it felt like this was 2010. In 2011 we were very young, and we had a special season in which a team full of sophomores took Argyle into overtime in the 3rd round. That was a great season, but I think most Carthage fans believed the season was a success. Last season I think any Carthage fan would honestly tell you it just didn't have the same feel as years past, at least that's my impression. We just couldn't stop making the mental mistakes, and turning the ball over. It felt like we were going to have to out athlete everybody, and obviously thats a challenge in the semi-finals. Again that's just me. This year has that 2010 feeling to me, and to be completely honest I think the Ville is our 2010 Brownwood. I really don't need any Ville posters telling is how hard you guys are working or what it takes to be a great program. We have that in Carthage. And it will only grow from here. Everything is in place, top notch facilities, awesome coaching staff, lots of tax dollars, a willing community, and great administration. So honestly you can save it. I won't be doing any more crowing. If my feeling proves to be true, everyone in the state will know come December 20. That is all!

BB BULLS
11-27-2013, 01:02 PM
We still here.

i was wondering where yall was, figured just laying low

hollywood
11-27-2013, 01:48 PM
You don't have this same feeling every year, you may say you do like the homers in Ville; but its not every season. Last time it felt like this was 2010. In 2011 we were very young, and we had a special season in which a team full of sophomores took Argyle into overtime in the 3rd round. That was a great season, but I think most Carthage fans believed the season was a success. Last season I think any Carthage fan would honestly tell you it just didn't have the same feel as years past, at least that's my impression. We just couldn't stop making the mental mistakes, and turning the ball over. It felt like we were going to have to out athlete everybody, and obviously thats a challenge in the semi-finals. Again that's just me. This year has that 2010 feeling to me, and to be completely honest I think the Ville is our 2010 Brownwood. I really don't need any Ville posters telling is how hard you guys are working or what it takes to be a great program. We have that in Carthage. And it will only grow from here. Everything is in place, top notch facilities, awesome coaching staff, lots of tax dollars, a willing community, and great administration. So honestly you can save it. I won't be doing any more crowing. If my feeling proves to be true, everyone in the state will know come December 20. That is all!

Good post Dawgs! I'm not going to get on here to bash anything Carthage.. because I can truly respect what Carthage has. A great program. Not just a team that gets lucky from time to time. It takes a lot of talented coaches, supportive community, and trusting kids to build a great program. Carthage has become that under Surratt. What I will say is Stephenville isn't Brownwood. Brownwood had an amazing team in 2010 BUT truly relied on a couple of key play makers when they got into a game where they were outmatched in the trenches. That's my opinion. I followed them the entire season. The weakness they had was the OL and DL. They could not overcome the power Carthage was able to put forth. Stephenville has had big OL and DL for years and take pride in that. I believe that Stephenville has the best coaching staff and program in the state. They do more with what they are given (athletes) than most schools I can think of. Stephenville is a power team. Brownwood 2010 was a finesse team. They couldn't pound the ball if they needed to. Stephenville does and can more than any other season I've seen in a long time. If this match up happens, just be ready to be wowed! That's all.

cowboyandchrist
11-27-2013, 11:16 PM
Good post Dawgs! I'm not going to get on here to bash anything Carthage.. because I can truly respect what Carthage has. A great program. Not just a team that gets lucky from time to time. It takes a lot of talented coaches, supportive community, and trusting kids to build a great program. Carthage has become that under Surratt. What I will say is Stephenville isn't Brownwood. Brownwood had an amazing team in 2010 BUT truly relied on a couple of key play makers when they got into a game where they were outmatched in the trenches. That's my opinion. I followed them the entire season. The weakness they had was the OL and DL. They could not overcome the power Carthage was able to put forth. Stephenville has had big OL and DL for years and take pride in that. I believe that Stephenville has the best coaching staff and program in the state. They do more with what they are given (athletes) than most schools I can think of. Stephenville is a power team. Brownwood 2010 was a finesse team. They couldn't pound the ball if they needed to. Stephenville does and can more than any other season I've seen in a long time. If this match up happens, just be ready to be wowed! That's all.
I promise you nobody from the Carthage Dawgs nation will be wild by the Ville. We and everybody else in the state no about the Ville and what they have done in high school football. If the Dawgs make it far enough to play the Ville, you will witness first hand what one of the best O lines in the state in any classification looks like. You will see three year starters at Q/B, WR, TB, and on the O line that can score on any team in 3A including the Ville. You will see a team that believes in each other and the coaches. The D side of the ball has started to match the O side of the ball in the playoffs. We as fans have seen this before. Most teams are as good as they are going to be by game 9 or 10. The Dawgs get better every game they play from game 10 on. I have watched high school football for fifty years and I have never seen a coach do what Coach S can do from week to week. He can run on teams when they shut down the pass and pass on teams that shut down the run or do both on teams that require both to beat. The Ville has not been challenged except for the Aledo game. You will be challenged by Kilgore and by the Carthage Dawgs if we can get there. Nothing you say, can or will convince me or anyone from the Dawg nation that the Ville can or will beat the Dawgs. I agree with every thing he said, this team feels just like it did in 2010 and I will add the 2008 team as well. This Dawg team will be a night mare for anybody they face. The Dawgs believe they can win, the coaches believe they can win, and we the fans believe they can win. Will the Dawgs win it all, who knows but it will be fun watching them do there best. Every team still in the hunt are very good and can win against anyone. God bless and I pray no injuries.

hollywood
11-27-2013, 11:39 PM
I promise you nobody from the Carthage Dawgs nation will be wild by the Ville. We and everybody else in the state no about the Ville and what they have done in high school football. If the Dawgs make it far enough to play the Ville, you will witness first hand what one of the best O lines in the state in any classification looks like. You will see three year starters at Q/B, WR, TB, and on the O line that can score on any team in 3A including the Ville. You will see a team that believes in each other and the coaches. The D side of the ball has started to match the O side of the ball in the playoffs. We as fans have seen this before. Most teams are as good as they are going to be by game 9 or 10. The Dawgs get better every game they play from game 10 on. I have watched high school football for fifty years and I have never seen a coach do what Coach S can do from week to week. He can run on teams when they shut down the pass and pass on teams that shut down the run or do both on teams that require both to beat. The Ville has not been challenged except for the Aledo game. You will be challenged by Kilgore and by the Carthage Dawgs if we can get there. Nothing you say, can or will convince me or anyone from the Dawg nation that the Ville can or will beat the Dawgs. I agree with every thing he said, this team feels just like it did in 2010 and I will add the 2008 team as well. This Dawg team will be a night mare for anybody they face. The Dawgs believe they can win, the coaches believe they can win, and we the fans believe they can win. Will the Dawgs win it all, who knows but it will be fun watching them do there best. Every team still in the hunt are very good and can win against anyone. God bless and I pray no injuries.

Good post cowboy. I know that's part of what makes the Carthage Dawgs special. It starts with the coaches, then the players, then the community and fan support. A lot of what you say about Carthage mirrors Stephenville. Every game they improve. Each week when they take the field, you can see the improvements from the week before. Execution is more crisp, the intensity is sharper, the speed of the game is faster. Amazing to watch from a spectators view because we generally don't see the "behind the scenes" work that goes into the preparation each and every week. Stephenville is a very dynamic team. Big, strong and physical OL and DL. All can run. Every receiver, RB, OL blocks down field. Top QB in the state in any class. A RB you'd think was a Jr or Sr. Stephenville will take what the defense is allowing. They can pound it, run speed option, bubble screen, QB read draw, or pocket pass a team to death. The four headed monster is for real cowboy. I know you are proud of your Dawgs and Tatum, rightfully so. But I'm telling you now, the train is a coming from out west and it doesn't slow down or stop until the SC trophy is in hand again this season. In fact, it gets Better each week.

Here's to an injury free season and hopes that this match up happens. Kilgore will be a challenge no question. But I don't think they can hang. Defense doesn't appear to be as solid and their offense is inconsistent. A lot of people think the Argyle/Gilmer match is going to be epic... Just imagine if we have a Carthage/Stephenville State Final??? Those are the big boys of 3A. Now that will be epic!

ctown81
11-28-2013, 12:29 AM
Good post cowboy. I know that's part of what makes the Carthage Dawgs special. It starts with the coaches, then the players, then the community and fan support. A lot of what you say about Carthage mirrors Stephenville. Every game they improve. Each week when they take the field, you can see the improvements from the week before. Execution is more crisp, the intensity is sharper, the speed of the game is faster. Amazing to watch from a spectators view because we generally don't see the "behind the scenes" work that goes into the preparation each and every week. Stephenville is a very dynamic team. Big, strong and physical OL and DL. All can run. Every receiver, RB, OL blocks down field. Top QB in the state in any class. A RB you'd think was a Jr or Sr. Stephenville will take what the defense is allowing. They can pound it, run speed option, bubble screen, QB read draw, or pocket pass a team to death. The four headed monster is for real cowboy. I know you are proud of your Dawgs and Tatum, rightfully so. But I'm telling you now, the train is a coming from out west and it doesn't slow down or stop until the SC trophy is in hand again this season. In fact, it gets Better each week.

Here's to an injury free season and hopes that this match up happens. Kilgore will be a challenge no question. But I don't think they can hang. Defense doesn't appear to be as solid and their offense is inconsistent. A lot of people think the Argyle/Gilmer match is going to be epic... Just imagine if we have a Carthage/Stephenville State Final??? Those are the big boys of 3A. Now that will be epic!

If this matchup happens I will go with what Gorilla Monsoon said about Hogan vs. Andre at WMIII. It will be the unmovable object vs an unstoppable force. The Ville is impressive and I've seen it first hand. To be the team you have to beat the team and that's what we want to do. Last year if Carthage never had the hiccup against El Campo, I still think the Ville was a touchdown better but this year IMO it's anybody's game.

toddg
11-28-2013, 01:20 AM
Yeah, if Stephenville and Carthage do meet in the SC.. It will be a great game..
To compare Stephenville to 2010 Brownwood is way off..last years and this years Jacket team was/is much more balanced.. And frankly a lot better.
Both teams lost to top ranked 4A teams this year..Aledo and Whitehouse...if and when those two meet, Aledo will hang 70 on Whitehouse..WH may manage 14.. depending on when Aledo puts their 2s in.
Check the last 25 years of Stephenville football history.. There are only a small handful of programs in Texas that would compare..
I hope both teams take care of business and this matchup happens.. If for nothing else but to settle this argument :)

Dawgs
11-28-2013, 03:17 AM
Yeah, if Stephenville and Carthage do meet in the SC.. It will be a great game..
To compare Stephenville to 2010 Brownwood is way off..last years and this years Jacket team was/is much more balanced.. And frankly a lot better.
Both teams lost to top ranked 4A teams this year..Aledo and Whitehouse...if and when those two meet, Aledo will hang 70 on Whitehouse..WH may manage 14.. depending on when Aledo puts their 2s in.
Check the last 25 years of Stephenville football history.. There are only a small handful of programs in Texas that would compare..
I hope both teams take care of business and this matchup happens.. If for nothing else but to settle this argument :)

The intent of the Brownwood 2010 comparison wasn't to compare the 2 team literally. The comparison was that everybody already penciled them as champs, and nobody gave Carthage a shot at winning the game. Funny you say this Ville team is much better, cause that was a heck of a team. Frankly if they are much better then we should all pack it in now. I highly doubt that they are much better. For sure they don't have anybody close to Jaxon Shipley. Kid was the most polished reciever I have ever seen in HS. Regardless, this isn't a comparison between 2010 BW & 2013 SV. We still have many tough games, so it will be a challenge for us to make it. Ville on the other hand is playing games in the weakest region, and won't even be tested till the semi-finals. Honestly I don't think they will be tested then either. We have not penciled in anything. One game at a time!

We know all about Ville 25 year history. Good for them. Honestly, besides last year none of these kids were around when Ville was in their hay day. Carthage kids don't know anything about Ville, besides they won a ship last year, and were a really good team.

You say that Aledo will hang 70 on WH, and I 100% agree, WH has no defense. Both Carthage and Ville lost to top 4a competition, and Ville got beat by the better of the 2 teams for sure. But they got totally dominated, and it was never close. Carthage was up 39-20 in the 3rd QT, before Mahomes went OFF!. Kid is a straight up beast. We got our butts whipped, and learned from that hopefully. Great lesson, make some small mistakes against a high powered offense, and get beat. I highly doubt Ville's offense is better then WH. Carthage 100% could have beat WH, and would right now IMO.

We are not going to be able to resolve this argument unless we are both lucky enough to meet on December 20th. Carthage needs to focus on 1 game at a time, and this week that is Silsbee.

hollywood
11-28-2013, 08:50 AM
The intent of the Brownwood 2010 comparison wasn't to compare the 2 team literally. The comparison was that everybody already penciled them as champs, and nobody gave Carthage a shot at winning the game. Funny you say this Ville team is much better, cause that was a heck of a team. Frankly if they are much better then we should all pack it in now. I highly doubt that they are much better. For sure they don't have anybody close to Jaxon Shipley. Kid was the most polished reciever I have ever seen in HS. Regardless, this isn't a comparison between 2010 BW & 2013 SV. We still have many tough games, so it will be a challenge for us to make it. Ville on the other hand is playing games in the weakest region, and won't even be tested till the semi-finals. Honestly I don't think they will be tested then either. We have not penciled in anything. One game at a time!

We know all about Ville 25 year history. Good for them. Honestly, besides last year none of these kids were around when Ville was in their hay day. Carthage kids don't know anything about Ville, besides they won a ship last year, and were a really good team.

You say that Aledo will hang 70 on WH, and I 100% agree, WH has no defense. Both Carthage and Ville lost to top 4a competition, and Ville got beat by the better of the 2 teams for sure. But they got totally dominated, and it was never close. Carthage was up 39-20 in the 3rd QT, before Mahomes went OFF!. Kid is a straight up beast. We got our butts whipped, and learned from that hopefully. Great lesson, make some small mistakes against a high powered offense, and get beat. I highly doubt Ville's offense is better then WH. Carthage 100% could have beat WH, and would right now IMO.

We are not going to be able to resolve this argument unless we are both lucky enough to meet on December 20th. Carthage needs to focus on 1 game at a time, and this week that is Silsbee.

Dawgs, you don't quite get it. No one is saying Stephenville has already won the SC. Do a lot of people think they can, absolutely. Does that guarantee it will. Absolutely not. Is the SC a goal for this team to win. Absolutely. And I'm sure it is for Carthage as well. No one is saying Brownwood 2010 wasn't good either, because they were. Brown, Shipley, Ratliff, Longoria, Chastain were awesome players. OL and DL, way outmatched. Rememeber how Carthage won that game. Pounded the rock for over 300 yards. Holland had that himself. That opened up the passing game. A well balanced team. Kudos to both Brownwood and Carthage for their awesome seasons in 2010. Carthage was the better complete team. To say Stephenville is in a weaker division, maybe they are, maybe they're not. The same thing was said last year. Look what happened. Stephenville 2012 set scoring records, even in the SC game. You can only play the teams on the schedule. Good luck to Carthage. All I'm trying to say is a lot of people believe Stephenville has a solid shot at another title. Doesn't guarantee they will. And it's not just because it's StephnevilIe. It's because the 2013 version is pretty darn good too. I'll leave this subject alone for a while. May the best teams prevail!

Dawgs
11-28-2013, 09:03 AM
Dawgs, you don't quite get it. No one is saying Stephenville has already won the SC. Do a lot of people think they can, absolutely. Does that guarantee it will. Absolutely not. Is the SC a goal for this team to win. Absolutely. And I'm sure it is for Carthage as well. No one is saying Brownwood 2010 wasn't good either, because they were. Brown, Shipley, Ratliff, Longoria, Chastain were awesome players. OL and DL, way outmatched. Rememeber how Carthage won that game. Pounded the rock for over 300 yards. Holland had that himself. That opened up the passing game. A well balanced team. Kudos to both Brownwood and Carthage for their awesome seasons in 2010. Carthage was the better complete team. To say Stephenville is in a weaker division, maybe they are, maybe they're not. The same thing was said last year. Look what happened. Stephenville 2012 set scoring records, even in the SC game. You can only play the teams on the schedule. Good luck to Carthage. All I'm trying to say is a lot of people believe Stephenville has a solid shot at another title. Doesn't guarantee they will. And it's not just because it's StephnevilIe. It's because the 2013 version is pretty darn good too. I'll leave this subject alone for a while. May the best teams prevail!

I absolutley get it. And I agree with your post. There is no reason that Ville shouldn't think they have a shot at a SC this season, because anybody with half a brain has to have them as the favorite based on last season, and what they have been able to accomplish so far this season. I agree we should just leave it alone, and see if the matchup that both towns wants happens. Good luck to the remaining teams in D1, should be some great games in the coming weeks. Gotta love this time of the year! BTW, Carthage O-Line will dominate Ville or any other team in 3a! :stirpot: Seriously, I think enough has been said about a potential matchup. Everything just has to play out now. Good luck, and Happy Thanksgiving.

ronwx5x
11-28-2013, 09:33 AM
How did this become a Stephenville thread?

Aggie98
11-28-2013, 09:43 AM

They all do, eventually.

cowboyandchrist
11-28-2013, 09:44 AM

The Ville have great posters and I think everyone enjoys reading about a possible match up between the two. If it happens I believe it will be a classic. There is a long way to go and some great teams playing this weekend. I wish I could watch every game. God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving.

hollywood
11-28-2013, 10:13 AM

It was a test. ;)

oldtownag
11-28-2013, 10:40 AM

I should have never got this started.

Dawgs
11-28-2013, 11:53 AM
I should have never got this started.

Every thread at some point has to be about Ville. Thats one of the new rules set forth last season. Hell they will come on a thread, just to tell you they are working harder than your team. But its a public forum, so what can you do.

toddg
11-28-2013, 12:13 PM
Stephenville posters are aliens, highy proficient in technology..whenever Stephenville is mentioned in a post..they know....

cowboyandchrist
11-29-2013, 07:48 PM
Carthage played better tonight than they did last week and will be better next week. They dominated this game from start to finish. The defense was outstanding, they stopped the run and the pass. Forced two fumbles and had 1 INT. On the O side of the ball, they ran and threw at will. The O line and D line controlled this game from start to finish. Sillsbee played very hard and is a good football team, they just could not match up with the Dawgs. Next week will be another very good team waiting on the Dawgs. I know the Dawgs will be ready to play Dawg football. WOS or Jasper will be very hard to beat, but I believe the Dawgs will strap it up and win. The Dawgs are on a mission and playing better every week.

defense51
11-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Carthage looks to be shifting gears!

Deuce
11-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Carthage looks to be shifting gears!

Sounds like their hitting overdrive and Ville put it in 4 low today!

bearbear78
11-29-2013, 11:31 PM
I'd dang sure be watching film from the ville and Big spring game today...all day every day.

hollywood
11-29-2013, 11:58 PM
Congrats Carthage on another impressive win! Stephenville got tested today. If a team wants to see how to have a chance to beat them, watch Big Spring/Stephenville film.

Now, with that said, a team will have to hope that Stephenville turns the ball over 3 times, get some huge breaks on broken plays AND not give Stephenville 35 seconds to drive the field for the winning TD. That's how to have a chance. Oh, and have a QB with the last name of TANNEHILL!

;)

Cam
11-30-2013, 12:05 AM
Stephenville posters are aliens, highy proficient in technology..whenever Stephenville is mentioned in a post..they know....

:spitlol:......transplanted from the home planet of "Villeneverlose".........

cowboyandchrist
11-30-2013, 12:05 AM
I'd dang sure be watching film from the ville and Big spring game today...all day every day.
The Dawgs are no where near ready to think about the Ville, they have a team next week that has all of their attention. The only people thinking about the Ville is us posters. I have no doubt if they meet the Dawgs can beat the Ville. The Dawg O line will be the difference if that game ever takes place. The way the Ville played tonight they better step it up a bunch or Kilgore will send them home. The Kilgore D is strong and their O line is not as good as Carthage, but they are for real and will pound the ball all night long.

cowboyandchrist
11-30-2013, 12:17 AM
Congrats Carthage on another impressive win! Stephenville got tested today. If a team wants to see how to have a chance to beat them, watch Big Spring/Stephenville film.

Now, with that said, a team will have to hope that Stephenville turns the ball over 3 times, get some huge breaks on broken plays AND not give Stephenville 35 seconds to drive the field for the winning TD. That's how to have a chance. Oh, and have a QB with the last name of TANNEHILL!

;)
You don't have to turn the ball over for the Dawgs to beat you. What you will have to do is handle the best O line in 3A football, big, tall and fast receivers, a 3 year starter at Q/B that can flat out throw the ball and runs the offense like a field general, two outstanding tail backs, and a defense that is playing as good as the O side of the ball. Last but not least out play a team full of three year starters. Tonight was third gear, next week the Dawgs shift in to fourth. Will it be enough to beat a very good WOS, I don't know, but it is going to be fun watching. God Bless and pray no injuries.

hollywood
11-30-2013, 12:21 AM
You don't have to turn the ball over for the Dawgs to beat you. What you will have to do is handle the best O line in 3A football, big, tall and fast receivers, a 3 year starter at Q/B that can flat out throw the ball and runs the offense like a field general, two outstanding tail backs, and a defense that is playing as good as the O side of the ball. Last but not least out play a team full of three year starters. Tonight was third gear, next week the Dawgs shift in to fourth. Will it be enough to beat a very good WOS, I don't know, but it is going to be fun watching. God Bless and pray no injuries.

We'll see cowboy. You could be right this year, or wrong again. Time will tell. One week at a time, right? ;)

defense51
11-30-2013, 12:46 AM

;)

Or they could "force" the turnovers... I think the Jackets looked human today, which gives a few teams some hope.

hollywood
11-30-2013, 12:50 AM
Or they could "force" the turnovers... I think the Jackets looked human today, which gives a few teams some hope.

Yeah, that too. ;)

TXfootballboi!
11-30-2013, 01:03 AM
I have seen Carthage play (last week against Navasota) and stephenville play(alvarado in week 8) I can honestly tell you that stephenville wins this one! Stidham is the best QB in 3a and prob in the state! Their running back is great already! That O-line can protect and run very well! And that defense is alot better than last year. They blew out a very well coached Alvarado team and if you don't believe that then your a fool!

Dawgs
11-30-2013, 04:46 AM
I have seen Carthage play (last week against Navasota) and stephenville play(alvarado in week 8) I can honestly tell you that stephenville wins this one! Stidham is the best QB in 3a and prob in the state! Their running back is great already! That O-line can protect and run very well! And that defense is alot better than last year. They blew out a very well coached Alvarado team and if you don't believe that then your a fool!

Sounds like Ville looked very human Friday, and was lucky to escape with a victory. Maybe they worked too hard all season, and are a little wore out! Haha. It's fine if everyone is still saying Ville will beat Carthage, doesn't matter what people are posting on a message board. Fact of the matter is Carthage is BLOWING OUT good competition, and Ville struggled with a 3rd place region 1 team. I think anybody with half a brain realizes who the favorite is. Carthage has another tough challenge this week, but we should be able to pull through. It looks like we won't get the matchup everybody wants to see, cause Ville won't be there. Sick'em Dawgs!

cowboyandchrist
11-30-2013, 07:55 AM
One thing for sure everyone has an opinion on the Dawgs and the Ville match up. I don't know if it will happen or not. The Dawgs have a very good WOS team to play this week and if we win that one, there will be another great team ready to play the Dawgs. I must be a fool because Navasota was a way better team than Alvarado this year and the Dawgs dominated that game. The Dawg D has shut down every team in the playoff so far and the Offense has averaged almost 50 points a game. The Dawgs keep getting better every week, so no I don't agree with you at all. I don't think the Ville can beat the Dawgs. Hope we find out which one is right. OH, if the Ville play like they did last night against Kilgore or Chapel Hill, they will not make it no matter what your opinion is.

TXfootballboi!
11-30-2013, 10:03 PM
Everyone has bad games! But I know Navasota had better talent than alvarado but not better coached I can promise you that! But stephenvilles offense is the best in 3a! I mean their only lost is to aledo... and Carthage could not put points up against Aledo! I believe the ville can beat Kilgore and chapel hill! Kilgore is good and chapel hill really hasn't played anybody but if Carthage and the ville play it will be a great game

83Indian
11-30-2013, 10:26 PM
Carthage is rolling in the playoffs and getting better. Similar to the year they beat Brownwood. WOS will have a very good defense and test the Carthage offense. We all want to see the matchup with the dawgs and the Ville. Cowboy, do you guys still have that big fast defensive lineman that transferred last year?

Aggie98
11-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Carthage is rolling in the playoffs and getting better. Similar to the year they beat Brownwood. WOS will have a very good defense and test the Carthage offense. We all want to see the matchup with the dawgs and the Ville. Cowboy, do you guys still have that big fast defensive lineman that transferred last year?

He's a starting DT for A&M this year.... watching him on TV now.

cowboyandchrist
12-01-2013, 01:31 AM

No he starts for A&M as a true freshmen.

hookandladder
12-02-2013, 08:21 AM
I know you guys think Carthage will be at Jerry but I will tell you if La Grange get's it's shot at Carthage next week (which I feel will happen) , it will not be the same as 2009. This years Leps team is built to run the ball and mix in the pass, keep on thinking ahead.

Dawgs
12-02-2013, 11:34 AM
I know you guys think Carthage will be at Jerry but I will tell you if La Grange get's it's shot at Carthage next week (which I feel will happen) , it will not be the same as 2009. This years Leps team is built to run the ball and mix in the pass, keep on thinking ahead.

La Grange is having a great season. Hopefully we meet up in the semi-finals, and you have a chance to return the 2009 favor. Both teams need to take care of business this week. I actually think after last season, most of the Carthage fans are being pretty cautious. We are not on our high horse as bad this year. Good luck this week.