PDA

View Full Version : The NFL is losing my interest.

Celina8
11-26-2013, 02:07 PM
I used to love to watch NFL football from the Cowboys to who ever was playing Monday night. Last few years my interest has gotten less and less to the point of this year I do watch on occassion, but I don't even pay much attention to it. Here in the DFW area we have three major sport radio stations and I cannot tell you how much I would love to have more college football talk during my work week from local college teams to the whole nation. College football still gets me excited unlike the NFL. You get very little college football talk on any of these Sports station here in Dallas as it is pretty much Cowboys, Mavericks and Rangers. Which is ok but I just want more College Sports talk in the DFW metroplex. That is my complaint for the day.

adoptedbuckeye
11-26-2013, 02:17 PM
I used to love to watch NFL football from the Cowboys to who ever was playing Monday night. Last few years my interest has gotten less and less to the point of this year I do watch on occassion, but I don't even pay much attention to it. Here in the DFW area we have three major sport radio stations and I cannot tell you how much I would love to have more college football talk during my work week from local college teams to the whole nation. College football still gets me excited unlike the NFL. You get very little college football talk on any of these Sports station here in Dallas as it is pretty much Cowboys, Mavericks and Rangers. Which is ok but I just want more College Sports talk in the DFW metroplex. That is my complaint for the day.

I have been over the NFL for several years now. I can't get enough high school and college though!

Celina8
11-26-2013, 02:41 PM
I guess that is why we love the Downlow adoptedbuckeye! I do know that I think the DFW Sports Talk Radio Stations are more about comedy than sports it seems, and should one of those stations decide to put more emphasis on the Colleges you would see a growing market. All these stations seem to have more callers anytime they start to talk about the Longhorns, A&M, OU, Notre Dame, and many other schools.

Old Tiger
11-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Play fantasy football with your friends for money, it will gain your interest again.

caleb_mccaig
11-26-2013, 03:31 PM

I lose more and more interest every year when a new rule about where someone can or can't hit someone is put into the books.

adoptedbuckeye
11-26-2013, 03:34 PM
My main issue with nfl players is the passion. You can see the difference in college teams vs pro teams by how much they LOVE the game and truly care. Not that all nfl players fit this bill, but most of them seem that way to me

caleb_mccaig
11-26-2013, 04:09 PM
My main issue with nfl players is the passion. You can see the difference in college teams vs pro teams by how much they LOVE the game and truly care. Not that all nfl players fit this bill, but most of them seem that way to me

I totally agree, very few of the players actually play for the emblem on their helmet, the people in the stands and the community the team is in. If the the money isn't right 90% of the players will walk.

hollywood
11-26-2013, 04:36 PM
There's still a NFL?? :eek:
I thought I was watching a powder puff semi pro league! :vrycnfsd:

PhiI C
11-26-2013, 10:28 PM
Oh the horror! :(

zebrablue2
11-26-2013, 10:39 PM
I have a fix, on the H to H hits, have the DB's wear NO face masks, that will cure that:). I also am a college and HS junkie, the NFL comes in 3rd to me.....

Cam
11-26-2013, 10:46 PM

....move to Austin....you'll get an earful of Longhorn talk!!.....:doh:

Celina8
11-27-2013, 05:59 AM
Lived in Austin for almost 15 years and went to college in San Marcos when it was still SWT and all about Jim Wacker (Great Man)! I can say that at least when they talk about the Longhorns they also will talk about other programs within the state and the conference. I just enjoy College football and desire more conversation about it on my Sports talk radio here in DFW.

Rabid Cougar
11-27-2013, 08:33 AM

Live in Waco.. you will get your ear full of Baylor.:twitch:

BB BULLS
11-27-2013, 09:09 AM
yes it is turning into a sissyfied league. but what really gets me are the ref's with some the calls, alot of them are relly bad calls and they get paid good money. about the only thing you can do is quit watching it.

Rattler
11-27-2013, 09:10 AM
Keep your eyes peeled for this national Wal-Mart ad featuring the Graham Steers while you're watching football over the weekend. We all know yall cant get enough of us!!!!!