PDA

View Full Version : Who will win 3a division 1

Dawg Fan
11-25-2013, 01:21 PM
Who do you think will play in the championship game and who will win.

panther89
11-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Stephevnille vs. Carthage

Stephenville wins.........again.

j_dog
11-25-2013, 02:11 PM
I think a Bulldog team will win!

BB BULLS
11-25-2013, 02:15 PM
i dont think either one those teams makes it to the big game. I am looking at La Grange & ???????? have not made up my mind yet

sk1
11-25-2013, 02:18 PM
La Grange vs Stephenville in a close one. Stephenville by 3

Rocket Man
11-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Final Kilgore & WOS.....Kilgore champ

Using TX High School Football Matchup Analyzer stats through 11/16/13

TXfootballboi!
11-25-2013, 02:57 PM
Stephenville!

Bosqueville
11-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Carthage

Cam
11-25-2013, 03:27 PM
I don't know who makes it to the SC game, but folks better start paying closer attention to Burnet. They are a dangerous team right now and could ruin plans for some folks!
QB Derek Kiser has proven over and over he is one of the best QB's in the state! He is a pretty cool operator and very poised. And his receiving corp has been outstanding. If you key on one, the other will get ya.....Burnet takes what is given.
Burnet just faced probably one the best RB tandems in Kennedale's Juwan Washington and Donny Darville. Those boys are special! Speedy Washington was held to under 50 yards in the 1st half. Darville escaped for some good runs. Several observers told me Washington took a beating. It was obvious Kennedale's plan was to let Washington take over the game early. Kennedale's first possession was 3 straight handoffs to Washington resulting in a 3 and out & Kennedale punt. That first series set the tone. In the second half, they got their yards. But it was too little too late. And their D was not going to stop Burnet, who only had to punt once.
This team has been a pleasure to watch this season. No matter what happens from now on Coach Jones has laid the foundation for the future of this program.
Latest Kiser numbers: 226 for 350 for 3422 yards, 35 TD's, 15.1 yd. avg. & 5 INT :2thumbsup
Lubbock Cooper better strap on their helmets nice and tight come Saturday!......

Rabid Cougar
11-25-2013, 03:41 PM
Stephenville. Makes no difference who they play.

waterboy
11-25-2013, 03:49 PM
Stephenville. Makes no difference who they play.

Dang! You think everybody should forfeit when they match up with the 'Ville? LOL!

LoboesWT
11-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Dang! You think everybody should forfeit when they match up with the 'Ville? LOL!

Stephenville, but would not mind an upset. "That is why you play the Game!"

defense51
11-25-2013, 04:06 PM
The winner of Stephenville/Burnet vs Kilgore

waterboy
11-25-2013, 04:09 PM
The winner of Stephenville/Burnet vs Kilgore

Stephenville will likely meet Kilgore again in the semifinals. The other side of the bracket, shall I say Carthage?

How about a Kilgore / Carthage matchup in the finals? That's what I'm hoping for...

bulldog60
11-25-2013, 04:15 PM
The winner of Stephenville/Burnet vs Carthage

waterboy
11-25-2013, 04:19 PM

Wow! No Kilgore, or Chapel Hill? I guess neither of those teams have a chance... I'm greatly disappointed...:(

hollywood
11-25-2013, 04:19 PM
The four headed monster out of Region 1, no question.

You may ask, what is a four headed monster? And who is the four headed monster?

Let me splain! A team that is complete in every facet of the game.

Offensive power
1) A power spread passing attack with a top D1 recruit dual threat QB that is supported by many WR targets
2) A power spread running attack with a freshman RB that can make a solid defense look average supported by one of the best OL in the state

Defensive power
3) A tenacious defense that is lead by a DL that is big, strong and quick supported by some of the best LB's in the state and a secondary that will lay the wood

Special teams
4) a. Kicking game- An experienced kicker that is money and supported fast hard hitting kickoff team
b. Kickoff return- Williams and Carlile are dangerous returners

There ya go. The Stephenville Yellow Jackets are the four headed monster! Beware!

waterboy
11-25-2013, 04:22 PM

Offensive power
1) A power spread passing attack with a top D1 recruit dual threat QB that is supported by many WR targets
2) A power spread running attack with a freshman RB that can make a solid defense look average supported by one of the best OL in the state

Defensive power
3) A tenacious defense that is lead by a DL that is big, strong and quick supported by some of the best LB's in the state and a secondary that will lay the wood

Special teams
4) a. Kicking game- An experienced kicker that is money and supported fast hard hitting kickoff team

There ya go. The Stephenville Yellow Jackets are the four headed monster! Beware!

Wooooo..., now I'm really skeered! For Kilgore and Chapel Hil that is...:blush:

Aggie98
11-25-2013, 04:23 PM
Stephenville will likely meet Kilgore again in the semifinals. The other side of the bracket, shall I say Carthage?

How about a Kilgore / Carthage matchup in the finals? That's what I'm hoping for...

Haha! I don't know if you've ever been to a Kilgore vs. Carthage football game, but it's confusing as all get out.

Bullaholic
11-25-2013, 04:29 PM

Offensive power

Defensive power

Special teams

Rocket! Is that you? :D

waterboy
11-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Haha! I don't know if you've ever been to a Kilgore vs. Carthage football game, but it's confusing as all get out.

A whole lotta red, and whole lot of Bulldogs..., ...hmmmm..., yep, I could see how it would be confusing! Lol! I would absolutely love to see that matchup THIS year, though!

hollywood
11-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Wooooo..., now I'm really skeered! For Kilgore and Chapel Hil that is...:blush:

You have nothing to fear waterboy! Gilmer has their own nightmare in Argyle this week. I know it's what most Gilmer fans wanted. Just can't wait to hear the posts after that game. Either side. It should be epic.

Kilgore doesn't have to fear either. They struggled against Gilmer. Not that Gilmer isn't good, because they are great. I say this because Gilmer gave Kilgore the ball 5 times! And Gilmer still had a chance at the end. And last week, Kilgore struggled with Kaufman! Yeah that's right, Kaufman! Who they thought they would roll. Kilgore doesn't have to fear because they already have the basketballs ready to be pumped up after next week.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2013, 05:19 PM
rocket! Is that you? :d

lol!!

Roughneck93
11-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Stephevnille vs. Carthage

Stephenville wins.........again.

This is how I see it playing out too.

waterboy
11-25-2013, 05:35 PM
You have nothing to fear waterboy! Gilmer has their own nightmare in Argyle this week. I know it's what most Gilmer fans wanted. Just can't wait to hear the posts after that game. Either side. It should be epic.

Kilgore doesn't have to fear either. They struggled against Gilmer. Not that Gilmer isn't good, because they are great. I say this because Gilmer gave Kilgore the ball 5 times! And Gilmer still had a chance at the end. And last week, Kilgore struggled with Kaufman! Yeah that's right, Kaufman! Who they thought they would roll. Kilgore doesn't have to fear because they already have the basketballs ready to be pumped up after next week.

Sarcasm...., hmmmm, I like it! "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." But Stephenville is good! How dare anybody think they can compete with the best 3A team of all time!:tisk::(:doh::stirpot::D

adoptedbuckeye
11-25-2013, 05:42 PM

Offensive power

Defensive power

Special teams

Offense, Defense, Special Teams...what's the 4th head?

adoptedbuckeye
11-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Offense, Defense, Special Teams...what's the 4th head?

Nevermind I got it lol

Old Tiger
11-25-2013, 05:47 PM
I'm going to go with the team who continually scores more than their opponents.

hollywood
11-25-2013, 06:11 PM
Nevermind I got it lol

:2thumbsup:

:D

full circle
11-25-2013, 06:29 PM
Have played stephenville and burnet, stephenville will roll burnet, if they beat lubbock cooper

defense51
11-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Have played stephenville and burnet, stephenville will roll burnet, if they beat lubbock cooper

Same here, but I think Burnet gives the Jackets more of a challenge than most think.

hollywood
11-25-2013, 06:58 PM

Same here, but I think Burnet gives the Jackets more of a challenge than most think.

This is what I love about the playoffs. Stephenville played Alvarado over 5 weeks ago. Burnet played Brownwood over 6 weeks ago. Both Stephenville and Burnet hopefully have gotten better. Which team has progressed the most? I can only speak for Stephenville. They are in playoff form brotha! If anyone remembers last year, Stephenville played the regular season working to sharpen the blade for the third season, the playoffs. Then the buzz saw was sharpened to cut through the toughest of compition. Well, here we are in the Regional semi finals week... And the Stephenville buzz saw is sharpened ready to buzz through whoever is in their way. Stephenville is playing on another level in the playoffs again. Is it good enough to win this week, the next, the next after that, and the next after that? I think so.

We shall see! ;)

Coondog
11-25-2013, 07:49 PM
Stephenville is the champ till someone proves different

bobcat1
11-25-2013, 08:12 PM

If it's not it's his twin.:clap:

hollywood
11-25-2013, 08:19 PM

If it's not it's his twin.:clap:

LOL, don't know how I missed Bullaholic's post!

That's pretty funny though!

Rocket doesn't talk to me anymore. He's been MIA since 2010. And I had to make that hard (then) decision to support the school my kiddos go to. Been here longer than any other place I've ever lived in my life. They took me in. After a long long stand off.

Oh by the way, where Hollywood is, there is success!
:wave:

Stephenville is the champ till someone proves different

I don't see anyone putting together 4 quarters of solid football against Stephenville. Coaches are great players play hard. Stephenville back to back I say. We shall see soon enough!!!

hollywood
11-25-2013, 08:29 PM
I don't see anyone putting together 4 quarters of solid football against Stephenville. Coaches are great players play hard. Stephenville back to back I say. We shall see soon enough!!!

If history holds true... Jackets will repeat!

Smitty
11-25-2013, 10:08 PM
Back to Back is the way it has played out in the past.

bearbear78
11-25-2013, 10:28 PM
This comment coming from a Gilmer? lol....what a Gilmer!!!!

villebacker
11-25-2013, 11:01 PM
I vote Stephenville/Carthage with Stephenville SC. Unless Carthage has a hiccup again.:)

regaleagle
11-26-2013, 01:30 AM

I really don't either, but let me ask you this: Since when does a team need to put together 4 quarters of solid football to win a game??? I mean, where did that one come from?

PS>>>>Just food for thought, haha.

I really don't either, but let me ask you this: Since when does a team need to put together 4 quarters of solid football to win a game??? I mean, where did that one come from?

PS>>>>Just food for thought, haha.

Because we're going to score 21-28 points in the first quarter and it's going to take 4 quarters to try and catch up. There won't be many punts.

D'Highlander
11-26-2013, 07:50 AM
Give me Stephenville v WOS in the championship... with Stephenville winning it.

Ville over Burnet
CH over Kilgore
WOS over Carthage
LG over Gonzo

Ville over CH
WOS over LG

hollywood
11-26-2013, 07:57 AM
Give me Stephenville v WOS in the championship... with Stephenville winning it.

Ville over Burnet
CH over Kilgore
WOS over Carthage
LG over Gonzo

Ville over CH
WOS over LG

D'Highlander knows WOS up!!

D'Highlander
11-26-2013, 08:04 AM
I really think WOS is peaking at the right time. Only loss was to PNG early in the season by 3... Of course Jasper is playing good ball right now too..

GUNHO
11-26-2013, 09:24 AM
I really think WOS is peaking at the right time. Only loss was to PNG early in the season by 3... Of course Jasper is playing good ball right now too..

WO-S been playing under the radar this year and has kind of been a dark horse but my Stangs imo want make the state finals this year.

refereedoc
11-26-2013, 10:56 AM
D'Highlander knows WOS up!!

:fnypost:

Dawg Fan
11-26-2013, 11:31 AM

It is apparent that you have not seen Carthage play. They are huge on the O line and fast. They can run or pass. Their special teams are very good. They are great at execution on every play. All 4 Q,s

toddg
11-26-2013, 02:27 PM
It is apparent that you have not seen Carthage play. They are huge on the O line and fast. They can run or pass. Their special teams are very good. They are great at execution on every play. All 4 Q,s

i heard all that about Carthage last year...then, they spit the bit against El Campo...i believe everything you say about Carthage..they are an elite football team in 3A!
i get the sense that ya'll think Stephenville is similer to 2010 Brownwood...got news for you..they aint...Brownwood was overmatched in several facets against Carthage..Carthage will not outmatch Stephenville in any facet..big difference..the only thing this Carthage team has proven the last 3 years is, when facing really good teams, they in fact, do not execute great all 4 Qtrs.

BullDawgDad
11-26-2013, 04:45 PM

I can see that one happening!!!

BullDawgDad
11-26-2013, 04:52 PM

Ssssshhhhh!!!! We want them to come into a possible game against Burnet a little overconfident!!!

Aggie98
11-26-2013, 05:51 PM

We'll see you in a couple of weeks.

Smitty
11-26-2013, 07:17 PM

If your teams plays like they did against Kaufman....it would not be wise to make plans too far in the future. You might need to concentrate on Lone Star instead of Stephenville.

hollywood
11-26-2013, 07:21 PM

I hope so. Sville still has games to play. Big Spring this week. If the Jackets can muster a win against them, then it's the winner of Burnette and Lubbock Coopla. If the Jackets can muster a win against either of those teams, then it's the semi finals.

Kilgore has to hold up their end of the deal first! Chapel Hill in the Reg 2 finals? That will be tougher the second go round. What ya think?

Aggie98
11-26-2013, 07:28 PM
If your teams plays like they did against Kaufman....it would not be wise to make plans too far in the future. You might need to concentrate on Lone Star instead of Stephenville.

Ha! That score had more to do with Kaufman playing with a horseshoe up there butt than Kilgore playing poorly.

Aggie98
11-26-2013, 07:29 PM
I hope so. Sville still has games to play. Big Spring this week. If the Jackets can muster a win against them, then it's the winner of Burnette and Lubbock Coopla. If the Jackets can muster a win against either of those teams, then it's the semi finals.

Kilgore has to hold up their end of the deal first! Chapel Hill in the Reg 2 finals? That will be tougher the second go round. What ya think?

Chapel Hill played about as well as they could the 1st go round and lost by 17. But they are a worthy opponent.

oldtownag
11-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Carthage vs. Kilgore

I hope!

C Dawgs Win

If you make it that far. Remember last year same deal count on it. I know we can't put the $ down or I would take your savings my friend. Kilgore is sloppy and mistake prone. Once you see what a real hard working team can put on the field you will tuck your tail and disappear again. You going to the woodshed boy. You won by the skin of your teeth to a sub par team and you still talk crap. East Texas is a bunch of yesterday's

Ssssshhhhh!!!! We want them to come into a possible game against Burnet a little overconfident!!!

Remember the banner we do

On TV and in the news

Aggie98
11-26-2013, 07:55 PM
On TV and in the news

More UFO's?

hollywood
11-26-2013, 07:58 PM
more ufo's?

area51-sv

Argyle wins this one

Tin Cup
11-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Let's all be honest here. The only reason Burnet is still playing is bc Brownwood couldn't beat Llano. I don't care how well y'all think you're playing you won't hang with ville if you get to them.

Dawg Fan
11-26-2013, 09:48 PM
If you make it that far. Remember last year same deal count on it. I know we can't put the $ down or I would take your savings my friend. Kilgore is sloppy and mistake prone. Once you see what a real hard working team can put on the field you will tuck your tail and disappear again. You going to the woodshed boy. You won by the skin of your teeth to a sub par team and you still talk crap. East Texas is a bunch of yesterday's

What is a bunch of yesterday's You sure are firing up all these east texas teams. Keep it up. Great motivation

Aggie98
11-26-2013, 10:27 PM

Sloppy and mistake prone? Not hardly. And yes, we will be going to the woodshed...... and we're taking you with us.

Cam
11-26-2013, 10:42 PM
Let's all be honest here. The only reason Burnet is still playing is bc Brownwood couldn't beat Llano. I don't care how well y'all think you're playing you won't hang with ville if you get to them.

....well that ain't Burnet's fault Jack!...Burnet's just playin' the cards that were dealt........geez....who lit a match and singed your ass hairs??......and I don't care that you don't care!....Burnet's in the 3rd round!....Burnet's in the 3rd round!....nanny nanny poo poo...nanny nanny poo poo!.....:taunt:

Ville-D
11-26-2013, 10:58 PM
It sure is getting heated in here.

BullDawgDad
11-26-2013, 11:04 PM
....well that ain't Burnet's fault Jack!...Burnet's just playin' the cards that were dealt........geez....who lit a match and singed your ass hairs??......and I don't care that you don't care!....Burnet's in the 3rd round!....Burnet's in the 3rd round!....nanny nanny poo poo...nanny nanny poo poo!.....:taunt:

The way Burnet is playing right now I don't think any of the teams that beat us this year could hang with us now. Burnet didn't luck in to any playoff situation. They have played their hearts out and have surprised couple of teams already in this years playoffs. Game against Stephenville will be a lot different than last year. Derek Kiser is one of the best QB's in 3a or the state for that matter. Our defense has stopped some of the best RB's 3a has to offer. Also have 2 WR's with over 1,000 yards receiving. One of the states best Kicker/Punter to handle that aspect of our game. Is Stephenville a good football team...sure they are. If we win this weekend we will have earned the right to challenge Stephenville for the Regional championship. Burnet is up for it too!! As Cam stated" well that ain't Burnet's fault Jack!...Burnet's just playin' the cards that were dealt........geez...." And guess what...we are winning and winning BIG!!!

Cam
11-26-2013, 11:06 PM
It sure is getting heated in here.

....and burnt hair smells awful!....

BullDawgDad
11-26-2013, 11:12 PM

Especially with those moose beans!!!

hollywood
11-26-2013, 11:13 PM

Especially hair from Burnt-net! LOL!!!

Hey, you better be as funny in person as you are on here Cammy!

Cam
11-26-2013, 11:13 PM
....hey Tin Cup...ya comin' to root for Burnet at your house this Saturday??......;)

hollywood
11-26-2013, 11:15 PM
The way Burnet is playing right now I don't think any of the teams that beat us this year could hang with us now. Burnet didn't luck in to any playoff situation. They have played their hearts out and have surprised couple of teams already in this years playoffs. Game against Stephenville will be a lot different than last year. Derek Kiser is one of the best QB's in 3a or the state for that matter. Our defense has stopped some of the best RB's 3a has to offer. Also have 2 WR's with over 1,000 yards receiving. One of the states best Kicker/Punter to handle that aspect of our game. Is Stephenville a good football team...sure they are. If we win this weekend we will have earned the right to challenge Stephenville for the Regional championship. Burnet is up for it too!! As Cam stated" well that ain't Burnet's fault Jack!...Burnet's just playin' the cards that were dealt........geez...." And guess what...we are winning and winning BIG!!!

That's where it starts BullDawgDad, you have to believe. Burnet is rolling! See you Saturday, hopefully. Proud for you and your son. And Coach Jones and the rest of the staff.

Cam
11-26-2013, 11:18 PM
Especially hair from Burnt-net! LOL!!!

Hey, you better be as funny in person as you are on here Cammy!

....actually, I'm quite the bore in person!.....and I'm usually in a crappy mood!....just ask Greendawg...he knows........He's the real nut case!......

BullDawgDad
11-26-2013, 11:25 PM
That's where it starts BullDawgDad, you have to believe. Burnet is rolling! See you Saturday, hopefully. Proud for you and your son. And Coach Jones and the rest of the staff.

Thanks Hollywood....proud of all those boys!!! Have coached them a long time in peewee football all the way through 7 on 7. They all seem like one of my own. Probably will coach 7 on 7 for another summer before following my son around during his college career.

Cam
11-26-2013, 11:36 PM
Thanks Hollywood....proud of all those boys!!! Have coached them a long time in peewee football all the way through 7 on 7. They all seem like one of my own. Probably will coach 7 on 7 for another summer before following my son around during his college career.

is your boy healed up?.....

Sville
11-26-2013, 11:43 PM
J-A-C-K-E-T-S

You can call us confident, cocky, a-holes, or whatever else you want too, but until a 3A team knocks us out, you have to call us Champs! You want our trophy come and take it if you can.

BullDawgDad
11-26-2013, 11:44 PM
is your boy healed up?.....

Getting close...working hard to be ready making good progress.

Cam
11-27-2013, 12:04 AM
J-A-C-K-E-T-S

You can call us confident, cocky, a-holes, or whatever else you want too, but until a 3A team knocks us out, you have to call us Champs! You want our trophy come and take it if you can.

I can see calling Jacket players confident, determined, talented, driven, hard working, etc. etc...and especially champions.....but I don't think I could call them cocky a-holes.......but you on the other hand.......:D......just kiddin' Sville....just kiddin'.....hey, seen any UFO's lately??.....I could've sworn one of them things flew over my house a few nights ago.....Had a Yellow Jacket logo on the underside!.....I swear if they take me again!.......:foul:

Sville
11-27-2013, 05:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81xTGCB7fdU

ctown81
11-27-2013, 05:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81xTGCB7fdU

Tick tick.... I may be the only person in east texas that thinks this but I want Carthage/Stephenville in the Finals. Carthage/Kilgore, seen that too many times, obviously the stakes weren't as high but nonetheless been there done that.

Aggie98
11-27-2013, 05:56 PM
Tick tick.... I may be the only person in east texas that thinks this but I want Carthage/Stephenville in the Finals. Carthage/Kilgore, seen that too many times, obviously the stakes weren't as high but nonetheless been there done that.

No, you're not the only one. If/when we get to the Death Star, I want to face an opponent we've never seen before... like a WOS or a LaGrange. No offense to Carthage.

No, you're not the only one. If/when we get to the Death Star, I want to face an opponent we've never seen before... like a WOS or a LaGrange. No offense to Carthage.

Kilgore won't be playing in this game.

defense51
11-29-2013, 07:01 PM

What did you think of Big Spring?

slingshot
11-29-2013, 07:56 PM
Kilgore won't be playing in this game.'Ville won't be playning in this game.... you just came within 10 seconds of losing to the 3rd place team from District 4. Stephenville definitely not all they're built up to be.

cowboyandchrist
11-29-2013, 08:04 PM

The Ville wont either if they play again like they did today. It sounds like the Big Spring team came to play and did not believe the Ville hype.

2muchOffense
11-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Big spring brought the wood today. Jackets had to pull some magic out of the hat to get out of that one. Our offense better correct some things or we will not repeat. A lot of mistakes today.

Sville
11-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Yep 3 turnovers inside the 10 and to Big Spring credits all forced. But Mr. Stidham showed why he is so highly touted today.

2muchOffense
11-29-2013, 09:39 PM
Kid is a stud there is no doubt. I'm guessing he picked up two or three more offers after today's clutch performance.

hollywood
11-30-2013, 01:02 AM
Yep 3 turnovers inside the 10 and to Big Spring credits all forced. But Mr. Stidham showed why he is so highly touted today.

The int Stidham threw was not forced. Sweets fumble on the 5 was forced. Williams fumble inside the 10 was uncharacteristic IMO loss of focus. Not forced. ;)

garciap77
11-30-2013, 01:08 AM
Who do you think will play in the championship game and who will win.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_9761-2.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_9761-2.jpg.html)

Dawgs
11-30-2013, 04:39 AM
I think anybody that just takes a step back, and looks at the 3 weeks of the playoffs so far; would have to say Carthage is the clear cut favorite. IMO followed by La Grange. Good luck to all remaining teams. Going to be exciting next couple of weeks.

buckeyebob
11-30-2013, 10:32 AM
I think anybody that just takes a step back, and looks at the 3 weeks of the playoffs so far; would have to say Carthage is the clear cut favorite. IMO followed by La Grange. Good luck to all remaining teams. Going to be exciting next couple of weeks.

who is wielding that knife?

Dawgs
11-30-2013, 11:48 AM
who is wielding that knife?

Anybody that knows anything about football, and Carthage's recent history. We are playing lights out, and seem to be the favorite based off outcomes up until week 4 of the playoffs. The Buckeye's had a great season, and will be in the hunt next year as always. Hopefully the Buckeye faithful will get on the Carthage bandwagon. We need all the support we can get. I'm sure you guys will be rooting on Kilgore too, but we will take any fans we can get. Seems to me that we don't have too much support besides the Carthage homers :).

hollywood
11-30-2013, 12:35 PM
Anybody that knows anything about football, and Carthage's recent history. We are playing lights out, and seem to be the favorite based off outcomes up until week 4 of the playoffs. The Buckeye's had a great season, and will be in the hunt next year as always. Hopefully the Buckeye faithful will get on the Carthage bandwagon. We need all the support we can get. I'm sure you guys will be rooting on Kilgore too, but we will take any fans we can get. Seems to me that we don't have too much support besides the Carthage homers :).

Yawn

#1 TEXAN
11-30-2013, 12:45 PM
The int Stidham threw was not forced. Sweets fumble on the 5 was forced. Williams fumble inside the 10 was uncharacteristic IMO loss of focus. Not forced. ;)

Didn't big spring have a couple turnovers theirselves?

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Leopards are on the prowl, watch out you don't get jumped. :D

Dawgs
11-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Yawn

Yawn is exactly what I think about Ville's performance yesterday. The only bad thing about constantly hyping up your team is you look pretty silly when you are taken to the edge by a team who got 3rd place in district. Villes run ends next week, so we can quit all the Ville vs Carthage non-sense.

Dawgs
11-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Leopards are on the prowl, watch out you don't get jumped. :D

I agree, La Grange has been putting on some impressive performances.

BB BULLS
11-30-2013, 01:16 PM
Didn't big spring have a couple turnovers theirselves?

yes they did! so know one can say anything about turnovers they cancel each other out.

hollywood
11-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Yawn is exactly what I think about Ville's performance yesterday. The only bad thing about constantly hyping up your team is you look pretty silly when you are taken to the edge by a team who got 3rd place in district. Villes run ends next week, so we can quit all the Ville vs Carthage non-sense.

Carthage has their own battles to get through you little dawg.

Hey, like I said the other day, some of us get on here to talk a little smack while supporting the home team. Does this make some of us cocky? No, not really. Lighten up a little dawgy. Now get along! Shoo! Stephenville is still State Champs and undefeated against 3A teams while being 3A. Until someone can beat them, you're just as full of hot air as the next person.

hollywood
11-30-2013, 02:29 PM
yes they did! so know one can say anything about turnovers they cancel each other out.

Do you were there?!?! Lol That's Puertorican/English for you. A friend of mine from PR talks like that. Oh, ok, I guess not. So how can someone who wasn't there KNOW how the game went. Even if they listened to it! Lol That's funny stuff right there.

Stephenville's 3 turnovers were 1) uncharacteristic 2) all were inside the 10 yard line driving in to score

Just FYI ;)

Any team, I don't care how good their fans think they are, can make mistakes. Even the glorified State Champs 2012 Jackets!

Scoop27
11-30-2013, 03:14 PM
Cameron Yoe

Dawgs
11-30-2013, 04:24 PM
Carthage has their own battles to get through you little dawg.

Hey, like I said the other day, some of us get on here to talk a little smack while supporting the home team. Does this make some of us cocky? No, not really. Lighten up a little dawgy. Now get along! Shoo! Stephenville is still State Champs and undefeated against 3A teams while being 3A. Until someone can beat them, you're just as full of hot air as the next person.

Never said Carthage didn't have battles, we understand that. Sounds like you need to lighten up a little. Maybe you guys just need to lighten up with all the over zealous hype you spew every week.

BB BULLS
11-30-2013, 05:51 PM
Do you were there?!?! Lol That's Puertorican/English for you. A friend of mine from PR talks like that. Oh, ok, I guess not. So how can someone who wasn't there KNOW how the game went. Even if they listened to it! Lol That's funny stuff right there.

Stephenville's 3 turnovers were 1) uncharacteristic 2) all were inside the 10 yard line driving in to score

Just FYI ;)

Any team, I don't care how good their fans think they are, can make mistakes. Even the glorified State Champs 2012 Jackets!

Hollywood we have chated enoung on here to where you know that i am a homer fan, which as bad as you think that is you are to. deep down if you have watched or listened to any of games from the other side you know that S-Ville will have to play the best game that S-Ville has ever played to win a SC this year.

83Indian
11-30-2013, 10:52 PM
Stephenville has the ability to score on every possession. If you watched the El Campo game last year, you saw just how good the offense can be. Realistically they are not that far off from last year IMO. I think they had better athletes on the outside last year (Gunter, Stidham, other wideout I cant remember his name). The running back is a stud as a freshman. The rest of the way out will be a scoring feast from the Ville. Kilgore will be a big test if they get past cooper which I think they will. Kilgore will want payback from last year. If the Ville gets past Kilgore, they will be ready for whomever they face. Ill just be happy to get to see these games at the end within 20 -30 minutes of my home hopefully.

garciap77
11-30-2013, 11:06 PM

Just FYI ;)

Rocket! Is that you!!! http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/viannen_69.gif (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/Smilies/viannen_69.gif.html)

TXfootballboi!
11-30-2013, 11:25 PM
Stephenville!

garciap77
11-30-2013, 11:29 PM
D1 - The Ville

D2 - The Steers

And if they were to play each other - The Steers!!!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/got-to-go.gif (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/Smilies/got-to-go.gif.html)

gameface
12-01-2013, 07:31 AM
LG stands for LARGE.....yes, Leopards are on the prowl.

bulldog60
12-01-2013, 09:16 AM
I for one have seen LG play. I went to Bobcat stadium on Friday for there game with Ingleside. My thoughts were that LG OL/DL were huge, fast, strong and smart. I watch the lines a lot since I have a future OL/DL line son." He is only 10 and 145lbs now" So we watch for techniques to emulate. No 70 on LG will not allow you any time in the pocket, and has great run stopping power. They were able to line up only 3 down linemen and got pressure with ease. As for offence, they created huge holes and were great at getting to the 2nd level that created running lanes that made 5 yard runs into 10 plus yard runs.

Gontex
12-01-2013, 09:30 AM
The winner of Stephenville/Burnet vs Kilgore Hmmm...don't think Stephenville will be playing Burnet this year and Bellville won't be playing LaGrange either.

Pudlugger
12-01-2013, 09:43 AM
Hmmm...don't think Stephenville will be playing Burnet this year and Bellville won't be playing LaGrange either.

That's right Gontex. The Leps have a big job on their hands Friday. One game at a time.

cowboyandchrist
12-01-2013, 10:00 AM
D1 - The Ville

D2 - The Steers

And if they were to play each other - The Steers!!!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/got-to-go.gif (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/Smilies/got-to-go.gif.html)

Just remember, there is a storm coming from the East in the form of the Carthage Dawgs.

hollywood
12-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Just remember, there is a storm coming from the East in the form of the Carthage Dawgs.

We can hear the rumbling cowboy. No denying that on here. ;)

bearbear78
12-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Stephenville be

bearbear78
12-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Stupid smart phones...scratch last comment jury....stephenville better get it together if their gonna beat the dawgs..if they play like they did against BS it won't happen. Don't get me wrong , I hope they repeat and get that SC and Graham brings it home as well. Thats where the D1 and D2 trophies need to be , NORTH TX....I think the Ville will fix a few small problems and bring it home...Dawg fans hold the ponies before u get butt hurt...carthage is my favorite etx team..actually the only etx team I've pulled for.....Just don't want them to win against the Ville.

Bullaholic
12-01-2013, 12:28 PM
I sure hope Stephenville-Carthage happens---just for the board's sake before and after---if nothing else....:D

Aggie98
12-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Kilgore has a 4-headed monster rushing game to go along with the #1 defense in all of 3A. The offense rushed for 393 yds in the first half alone against Frisco LS. We welcome all comers.

Dawgs
12-01-2013, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=bearbear78;1790279]Dawg fans hold the ponies before u get butt hurt

:fnypost: Lol, that made me laugh. You knew it was coming :)

Dawgs
12-01-2013, 12:50 PM
I sure hope Stephenville-Carthage happens---just for the board's sake before and after---if nothing else....:D

Right or wrong I think this is a game most people in the state want to see. I am just glad it didn't happen last year. There ain't enough crow in Texas for the Carthage homers last year. Maybe we could have kept Ville from putting up 70, but it wouldn't have been pretty. Especially with our turnover problems last year. Couple of turnovers against a team like that and your down 30 before you know it. I still laugh when I see one of the Ville posters who has the line in his signature from our #1 homer C&C "Last year Ville & Navasota were just flat out better than everybody". This year on the other hand the field seems pretty level. I think on any given night 5 or 6 of the 8 teams left could bring home the ship. Should be some great games the last 3 weeks of the playoffs. Gotta love Texas HS Football this time of year!

Manso/V8
12-01-2013, 01:17 PM
I for one have seen LG play. I went to Bobcat stadium on Friday for there game with Ingleside. My thoughts were that LG OL/DL were huge, fast, strong and smart. I watch the lines a lot since I have a future OL/DL line son." He is only 10 and 145lbs now" So we watch for techniques to emulate. No 70 on LG will not allow you any time in the pocket, and has great run stopping power. They were able to line up only 3 down linemen and got pressure with ease. As for offence, they created huge holes and were great at getting to the 2nd level that created running lanes that made 5 yard runs into 10 plus yard runs.

It is tough to emulate 6'5"-280 lbs when you are 10 years old.

hollywood
12-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Right or wrong I think this is a game most people in the state want to see. I am just glad it didn't happen last year. There ain't enough crow in Texas for the Carthage homers last year. Maybe we could have kept Ville from putting up 70, but it wouldn't have been pretty. Especially with our turnover problems last year. Couple of turnovers against a team like that and your down 30 before you know it. I still laugh when I see one of the Ville posters who has the line in his signature from our #1 homer C&C "Last year Ville & Navasota were just flat out better than everybody". This year on the other hand the field seems pretty level. I think on any given night 5 or 6 of the 8 teams left could bring home the ship. Should be some great games the last 3 weeks of the playoffs. Gotta love Texas HS Football this time of year!

I agree with your post Dawgs. There really are several 3A teams that are in DI and DII that are good enough to win a SC. You just hope it's a team you support that wins in the weeks upcoming!

Carthage, take care of your business at hand, an Stephenville will try to take care of theirs. One week at a time.

Just a side note: there are 16 teams left in 3A that are still at work. Some of those teams are unexpecteds from a lot of people's view. Just saying, anything can happen and I know Stephenville feels blessed after last Friday! Clutch performance by a top class team.

May the best teams prevail!

defense51
12-01-2013, 02:42 PM
Hmmm...don't think Stephenville will be playing Burnet this year and Bellville won't be playing LaGrange either.

Stephenville vs. Kilgore- fixed it for you Gontex. :wave:

toddg
12-01-2013, 03:07 PM
this could turn into a pie eating contest...http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/crowpie~0.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

refereedoc
12-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Leave it to Todd to put us all in our place! Good one you nut!