PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville (11-1) vs Big Spring (9-3) Region 1 Semi Final

hollywood
11-25-2013, 09:47 AM
Friday 11/29 in Abilene 2:00 @ Wylie High Bulldog stadium

Who ya got?

Stephenville's in playoff form ready to defend their trophy.

slingshot
11-25-2013, 10:04 AM
I think 'Ville moves on to the next round. That being said if Big Spring brings their A-game they have the athletes and speed to play with anybody. They can score points in bunches, just not always disciplined...

slingshot
11-25-2013, 10:05 AM
BTW--I actually get to watch this game from the stands as a fan! Taking my son and enjoying this one... maybe we should have a M&G?

jason
11-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Just for comparison...

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3060/ra2w.png

adoptedbuckeye
11-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Stephenville with a cakewalk. Every highlight video I have seen of them shows they are well prepared and should be shifting gears right about now.

greendawg84
11-25-2013, 10:54 AM
Give me The Ville by 21 .

toddg
11-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Friday 11/29 in Abilene 2:00 @ Wylie High Bulldog stadium

Who ya got?

Stephenville's in playoff form ready to defend their trophy.
typical Jacket arrogence..the dude always calling for a poll..didnt put one up!...hmmm:wave:

HAHAHA come on Hollywoooood!!:tisk:

hollywood
11-25-2013, 11:39 AM
typical Jacket arrogence..the dude always calling for a poll..didnt put one up!...hmmm:wave:

HAHAHA come on Hollywoooood!!:tisk:

LOL... Yeah it was part of the plan, but posted before I noticed!

Mods, would you please help a fellow Downlower out? Pretty please?? :D

regaleagle
11-25-2013, 11:59 AM
The JelloJackets will have their way in this one. From what I can ascertain of Big Spring, they can put up points but have a weak defense. And they are inconsistent....you never know which team will show up. In some games, they have looked extremely impressive....while in others you ask yourself "what happened???" This leads me to believe the Steers are still a work in progress....at least moreso than most teams at this point in the season. The real problem is that Big Spring will have to match up against a team they have not seen the likes of in previous games this season. Stephenville is definitely at the top of the class in Region I and brings an offensive juggernaut to the game that more than matches that of the Steers. This does not bode well for the Steers on offense or defense. Most teams that gave the Steers trouble had very good offenses. The Steers tend to win their games by outscoring the competition.....not limiting their opponents' abilities to score. This spells trouble for Big Spring in this game against Stephenville....who will score and score often. A few 3 and outs by the Jellojacket D and Big Spring is in Big Trouble. Stephenville is a complete team and will have this game in hand by the end of the third quarter, imo. I predict Big Spring will be able to score on the Jellojackets impressively, but not near enough to win. This should be a fairly high-scoring offensive affair.

BB BULLS
11-25-2013, 12:00 PM
well Hollywood no one else will do it so i will take Big Spring and i know nothing about them. you know me going with the under dog never hurt anyone. so i guess i will have pull for the Texans the rest of the nfl season. hell we probaly have some 3A high school teams that could beat them. Hey that might be a good thread for someone to start, what high school team could beat the Texans.

D'Highlander
11-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Good season for Stephenville. No one expected them to make it to Thanksgiving but they did. I think they are just happy to be here at this point. Give me Big Spring by 3.

BB BULLS
11-25-2013, 12:44 PM
Good season for Stephenville. No one expected them to make it to Thanksgiving but they did. I think they are just happy to be here at this point. Give me Big Spring by 3.

now you went done it! they will be coming now. this thread will blow up now for sure

D'Highlander
11-25-2013, 12:48 PM
now you went done it! they will be coming now. this thread will blow up now for sure

Its not their fault... everyone knew it would be a down year after losing that senior class.

You know its going to be ruff when you have a freshman starting at RB and a QB that is a converted WR.

BB BULLS
11-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Its not their fault... everyone knew it would be a down year after losing that senior class.

You know its going to be ruff when you have a freshman starting at RB and a QB that is a converted WR.

first Hollywood then Jason. be prepared Highlander (IF YOU START IT THEY WILL COME) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OldBison75
11-25-2013, 01:27 PM
The Ville should move on this week, but I heard that they are so busy thinking about Carthage in the Championship that they have forgotten who they are playing this week. A lot of times that would not be a problem, but, they do play a pretty good team this week. I think this will be a better game than most believe, but the Ville moves on.

refereedoc
11-25-2013, 01:28 PM

:fnypost:
Lmbo
You guys are great, keep it up and we may compare you to Cam!

BB BULLS
11-25-2013, 01:31 PM
Lmbo
You guys are great, keep it up and we may compare you to Cam!

i forgot about Doc and Ville-D

D'Highlander
11-25-2013, 01:41 PM
And since #24 has became the primary back he has only averaged a puny 273.5 yards rushing a game at 14 yards a carry... :dispntd:

Smitty
11-25-2013, 01:56 PM

LOL!!!!.....What rock did you just climb out from under?

jason
11-25-2013, 01:57 PM
first Hollywood then Jason. be prepared Highlander (IF YOU START IT THEY WILL COME) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
How did I get dragged into this?

Deuce
11-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Internet must be down in Stephenville

D'Highlander
11-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Internet must be down in Stephenville

I was thinking the same thing... them wasps don't like the cold...

BB BULLS
11-25-2013, 02:08 PM
How did I get dragged into this?

it took just the right bait i knew could count on you. Hollywood want be to far behind i figured he would beat you here.

hollywood
11-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Ha! Love the haters! You're full of bull BB BULLS!

I'm nervous about this week! About like I was last week. Sville barely got by in the freezing cold. That Porcupine offense was dangerous having scored lots of points this season. They scored 7 pts on the Jacket starters. Big Spring brings a high powered offense similar to Springtown's! Dang, that's two springs in a row!

ccmom
11-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Who is the home team?

adoptedbuckeye
11-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Ha! Love the haters! You're full of bull BB BULLS!

I'm nervous about this week! About like I was last week. Sville barely got by in the freezing cold. That Porcupine offense was dangerous having scored lots of points this season. They scored 7 pts on the Jacket starters. Big Spring brings a high powered offense similar to Springtown's! Dang, that's two springs in a row!

Looks like the Spring has been sprung...

jason
11-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Who is the home team?
Big Spring

STUDMYSTRO
11-25-2013, 04:44 PM

We will see who is laughing on December 20th! Our freshman has over 500yards rushing the last two games. The moves that he puts on defenders looks like something you only see in video games! And as for the WR converted QB.....you might want to research that one. He was and always has been a QB first. Take a look at ESPN's top dual threat QB list!!!!

The Jakets put a stop to the "spring" fest this Friday! Stephenville 56 Big Spring 17

LoboesWT
11-25-2013, 04:54 PM
This is a practice game for Stephenville. District 4-3A is weak this year compared to years prior and after this weekend no teams from this district will be left. It hurts to admit that, but as momma use to say, "the truth hurts can hurt"

hollywood
11-25-2013, 05:13 PM
LOL!!!!.....What rock did you just climb out from under?

He didn't, He just got back from the bait shop in the highlands. ;)

hollywood
11-25-2013, 08:27 PM
BTW--I actually get to watch this game from the stands as a fan! Taking my son and enjoying this one... maybe we should have a M&G?

Pretty convenient for you Wylie's!

Let's do it! You guide us in where the best place would be? And see if you can drag out ccmom and Garciap77 while you're at it! And Nobogey and franz!

You have no football Clue. Stephenville by 35 all day. Big Spring haven't beat a team with a winning record I can find. Can you say ass kicking. Not even close

Cam
11-25-2013, 09:06 PM
You have no football Clue. Stephenville by 35 all day. Big Spring haven't beat a team with a winning record I can find. Can you say ass kicking. Not even close

there goes Ville.....being all serious and stuff.......:D

#1 TEXAN
11-25-2013, 09:18 PM
I say ville by 30+

Cam
11-25-2013, 09:21 PM
that giant dingleberry I ran into the other day in the men's bathroom is still there!....and it's growin'!......the janitor quit after seeing it!......He was heard sayin', "I no clean that. It try to bit me..it try to bit me..santa maria the nina the pinta madre de dios es el diablo! El fin está cerca!".......anyways, I'm workin' from home until this issue is resolved. I'm hearin' animal control has been contacted.......

The Jellojackets move on this week....then refereedoc is buyin' Greendawg and I a hotdog!.....::D

Cam
11-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Is Big Spring's Tannehill related to Dolphins Tannehill??....

the Ville 89
11-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Yes it's his brother.

hollywood
11-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Yes it's his brother.

Whoa, who are you? Where'd you come from?? Lol ;)

Sville
11-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Highlander I savvy your sarcasm.

hollywood
11-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Is Big Spring's Tannehill related to Dolphins Tannehill??....

#17 RYAN TANNEHILL QB MIAMI DOLPHINS 6'4" 222lbs (older brother)
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0814/nfl_u_tannehill_576.jpg

#12 TOBYN TANNEHILL QB (JR) BIG SPRING STEERS 6'0" 180lbs (little brother)
http://media.reporternews.com/media/img/photos/2013/10/12/1012WylievsBS0314_t607.JPG

#1 JARRETT STIDHAM QB (JR) STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKETS 6'3.5" 190lbs
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/18/218f9398-695b-5bdd-ad25-b125733ec142/52350e95d5e65.preview-300.jpg

Cam
11-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Whoa, who are you? Where'd you come from?? Lol ;)

I think he's one of them aliens!.....Speakin' of, them things shown up any lately???.....

defense51
11-25-2013, 10:02 PM
After squeaking by Springtown last Friday, I think the Yellowjackets win by 2 this week.

Smitty
11-25-2013, 10:04 PM
I think he's one of them aliens!.....Speakin' of, them things shown up any lately???.....

Stephenville bought an alienneutrongalacticatomsplitterraygun thingy and they haven't been back!

BB BULLS
11-26-2013, 07:20 AM
Highlander i warned you. there is even news ones coming out of the wood work. they are kinda like the runs once they are started its hard to stop-em until they are done.

D'Highlander
11-26-2013, 07:36 AM
Highlander i warned you. there is even news ones coming out of the wood work. they are kinda like the runs once they are started its hard to stop-em until they are done.

bunch of bandwagoners.... :1popcorn:

hollywood
11-26-2013, 07:55 AM
After squeaking by Springtown last Friday, I think the Yellowjackets win by 2 this week.

:iagree:

For the life of me, I don't know how the Jackets pulled off that win last week the way they did! Only being a 1 point favorite in 1 poll and a .5 favorite in another, simply amazing stuff.

Ville-D
11-26-2013, 08:47 AM
i forgot about Doc and Ville-D

unforgettable...

ccmom
11-26-2013, 08:51 AM
Good news for all. I'll be going to watch this game and will then be able to enlighten all with my analysis of Stephenville 2013. I know you've all been waiting on an expert opinion. ;)

hollywood
11-26-2013, 09:59 AM
Good news for all. I'll be going to watch this game and will then be able to enlighten all with my analysis of Stephenville 2013. I know you've all been waiting on an expert opinion. ;)

Party at ccmom's after the game! :clap:

:cheerl:

BB BULLS
11-26-2013, 10:07 AM

yall celebrate losses? hahaha:stirpot:

Ville-D
11-26-2013, 10:13 AM

Be sure you bring your gimp-suit.

hollywood
11-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Be sure you bring your gimp-suit.

:vrycnfsd:

Ville-D
11-26-2013, 10:43 AM
last week... Stidham and KW and Martin in the highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCTP1QwmXww

Ville-D
11-26-2013, 10:45 AM
:vrycnfsd:

If you go to her lair you better be prepared.

refereedoc
11-26-2013, 10:45 AM
that giant dingleberry I ran into the other day in the men's bathroom is still there!....and it's growin'!......the janitor quit after seeing it!......He was heard sayin', "I no clean that. It try to bit me..it try to bit me..santa maria the nina the pinta madre de dios es el diablo! El fin está cerca!".......anyways, I'm workin' from home until this issue is resolved. I'm hearin' animal control has been contacted.......

The Jellojackets move on this week....then refereedoc is buyin' Greendawg and I a hotdog!.....::D
Absolutely and I will bring you guys some homemade chocolate peanut butter cups.

hollywood
11-26-2013, 10:55 AM
M&G needs to happen! Where and when?

AW peeps, where's the best place at the mighty Bulldawg stadium? From memory, the north end looked fitting. Anyone, anyone?

refereedoc
11-26-2013, 10:59 AM
I will bring my camera again and maybe someone will show up this time unlike the "Wood.

ccmom
11-26-2013, 11:00 AM
M&G needs to happen! Where and when?

AW peeps, where's the best place at the mighty Bulldawg stadium? From memory, the north end looked fitting. Anyone, anyone?

The usual place is near the concession stands that are in the endzone (not the concessions under the home side...someone got confused about that once). I know Ville D and Sville have been to meet and greets there before.

refereedoc
11-26-2013, 11:02 AM
Before the game or halftime?

hollywood
11-26-2013, 11:06 AM
The usual place is near the concession stands that are in the endzone (not the concessions under the home side...someone got confused about that once). I know Ville D and Sville have been to meet and greets there before.

Ok thanks! North or South? Aren't you a directional genious?

hollywood
11-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Before the game or halftime?

I vote halftime. But either time is good with me. I have girls remember... they thinks it's cool to be fashionably late. :flaming:

refereedoc
11-26-2013, 11:25 AM
If memory serves me correctly, it is north.

ccmom
11-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Ok thanks! North or South? Aren't you a directional genious?

It's LEFT silly....left of my seats!!!!:p

hollywood
11-26-2013, 11:59 AM
last week... Stidham and KW and Martin in the highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCTP1QwmXww

That throw by Stidham, is not given justice in the video. He extended the play moving right, scanned the field under pressure, then threw a bullet to the opposite side into a strong north wind and hit Martin right in the chest! It was one of his best throws of the season watching it live under those weather conditions. And for Martin to be aware and come back to support and scamper into the endzone was just as impressive. The chemistry has come together quite well over the season.

refereedoc
11-26-2013, 12:57 PM
It's LEFT silly....left of my seats!!!!:p

Oh I forgot women use directions by objects and landmarks. My bad! :vrycnfsd:

hollywood
11-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Oh I forgot women use directions by objects and landmarks. My bad! :vrycnfsd:

True satement refereedoc! And not that there is anything wrong with that. ;)

defense51
11-26-2013, 03:55 PM
I vote halftime. But either time is good with me. I have girls remember... they thinks it's cool to be fashionably late. :flaming:

It gets worse as they get older!

defense51
11-26-2013, 04:00 PM
:iagree:

For the life of me, I don't know how the Jackets pulled off that win last week the way they did! Only being a 1 point favorite in 1 poll and a .5 favorite in another, simply amazing stuff.

I honestly don't know much about Big Spring, but I know enough about the Jackets to feel they win by 28+ this week.

toddg
11-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Stephenville by a uncomfortable margin..+.5423+

hollywood
11-26-2013, 04:31 PM
I honestly don't know much about Big Spring, but I know enough about the Jackets to feel they win by 28+ this week.

They have a Tannehill!!! :eek:

#12 TOBYN TANNEHILL QB (JR) BIG SPRING STEERS 6'0" 180lbs (Ryan's little brother)
http://media.reporternews.com/media/img/photos/2013/10/12/1012WylievsBS0314_t607.JPG

hollywood
11-26-2013, 04:33 PM
It gets worse as they get older!

LOL... oh great... that's something to look forward too. :(

Ville-D
11-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Believe it or not, I have Stephenville winning this one. Shocker.

slingshot
11-27-2013, 12:11 AM
So M&G at half in the north endzone, on the home side there is a nice area--picnic table there if I remember right. I'll be the middle aged guy with a mustache in the purple and gold Wylie cap! Look forward to it...

hollywood
11-27-2013, 12:18 AM
So M&G at half in the north endzone, on the home side there is a nice area--picnic table there if I remember right. I'll be the middle aged guy with a mustache in the purple and gold Wylie cap! Look forward to it...

Sounds good!

I'll be the guy in the startched blue and gold brush popper shirt, starched Wrangler jeans, black Tony Lamas, and a black felt cowboy hat. You shouldn't miss me. Living in the cowboy capital of the world, it's rubs off on ya.

LOL... Just kidding. Not that there's anything wrong with that attire, just not my style.

I'll be wearing something with navy and gold. We'll be lookin for you Wylie's. ;) BTW, Thanks for hosting us!!

hollywood
11-27-2013, 01:39 PM
So who all plans to be there? Can we get an amen??

As slingshot confirmed, M&G at halftime North endzone on the home side, that's to the right if facing the home stands OR to the left if sitting in the home stands, uh hmmm... ccmom. ;)

ccmom
11-27-2013, 01:48 PM

There's a picnic table area?? Geez I should pay more attention to my surroundings!!:doh:

I guess I never really go into that endzone/concession area....except for the couple of times I have gone to a meet and greet. Since there are restrooms and concessions under the home side stands, I never really venture away from that area.

ccmom
11-27-2013, 01:49 PM
So who all plans to be there? Can we get an amen??

As slingshot confirmed, M&G at halftime North endzone on the home side, that's to the right if facing the home stands OR to the left if sitting in the home stands, uh hmmm... ccmom. ;)

I'll be there with my boys. Count me in.

refereedoc
11-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Be there with camera in hand.

toddg
11-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Be there with camera in hand.

who do you take pics for?

refereedoc
11-27-2013, 02:27 PM
I post them on Facebook for the boys every week. Occasionally they will use some of mine for the Stephenville paper . During track and baseball I am usually the only photographer there, so most pictures in the paper are taken by me. It is just a hobby, but my wife is convinced it keeps me calm during games:)

toddg
11-27-2013, 02:46 PM
I post them on Facebook for the boys every week. Occasionally they will use some of mine for the Stephenville paper . During track and baseball I am usually the only photographer there, so most pictures in the paper are taken by me. It is just a hobby, but my wife is convinced it keeps me calm during games:)
cool!! i convinced my oldest to try the 400 in track this spring, to improve his speed, along with the disc and shot...have to get my first of 3 jacket killers ready for next fall! LOL! ill probably see you at some meets!

refereedoc
11-27-2013, 02:59 PM
I love track meets. You get to see kids go at it with just raw athletic talent. The 400 is a gut check race and not for the faint of heart. Great character builder, good luck to your son and look out for the blonde out in front:wave:

Sville
11-27-2013, 03:00 PM
I have to admit Big Spring makes me a little nervous. They are a streaky team and if they can get in a rhythm on offense they can put up some points. This is the best offensive team the Jackets have seen since Amarillo. Tannehill is an outstanding player with a good supporting cast on offense. IF the Steers get in a groove on offense with a few Jacket mistakes this game could be closer than people think. With that said I still expect Stephenville to win convincingly. Generally when Stephenville has a team good enough to get this deep they play December football. The Jackets are 13-1 all time in the 3rd round of the playoffs. Their only 3rd round loss was in 1952 to Terrell.

toddg
11-27-2013, 04:49 PM
I love track meets. You get to see kids go at it with just raw athletic talent. The 400 is a gut check race and not for the faint of heart. Great character builder, good luck to your son and look out for the blonde out in front:wave:
The 400 is the best for getting football ready IMO! My best friend from HS ran a 47.0 in the 400.. That always impressed me..I doubt the blond out front will have much to worry about.. I'll just be happy if my son gives it a try!!:)

toddg
11-27-2013, 04:50 PM
I have to admit Big Spring makes me a little nervous. They are a streaky team and if they can get in a rhythm on offense they can put up some points. This is the best offensive team the Jackets have seen since Amarillo. Tannehill is an outstanding player with a good supporting cast on offense. IF the Steers get in a groove on offense with a few Jacket mistakes this game could be closer than people think. With that said I still expect Stephenville to win convincingly. Generally when Stephenville has a team good enough to get this deep they play December football. The Jackets are 13-1 all time in the 3rd round of the playoffs. Their only 3rd round loss was in 1952 to Terrell.
Doubt the Jackets have much trouble.. It's still Big Spring...

hollywood
11-27-2013, 05:04 PM
I bet Big Spring is way more nervous. Not that Stephenville is over confident or unfocused. Just the fact of the matter.

Sville
11-27-2013, 05:33 PM
Cody's Corner for Big Spring (http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1655.0)

hollywood
11-27-2013, 09:49 PM
I'll be there with my boys. Count me in.

Awesome, me too. CMI

I see this game at 56 - 10

hollywood
11-29-2013, 12:00 AM
Almost game day! Jackets are primed and ready. It's been a good week of practice. It's playoff time and Stephenville 2013 is in playoff mode. Execution is the name of the game. If you're not ready, you better get there fast. Be ready to be wowed!

Stephenville by 35

Jackets 56
Steers 21

Ville-D
11-29-2013, 08:05 AM
What day is it?

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

hollywood
11-29-2013, 08:31 AM
GAME DAAAAAAAYYY!!!

Da na nunt! Da na nunt!

BB BULLS
11-29-2013, 09:28 AM
What day is it?

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

the day Sville goes down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck guys be safe and may the best team will.

BB BULLS
11-29-2013, 09:36 AM
GAME DAAAAAAAYYY!!!

Da na nunt! Da na nunt!

where is the best place to listen to the game

jason
11-29-2013, 09:42 AM
www.kstvfm.com

hollywood
11-29-2013, 10:16 AM
the day Sville goes down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck guys be safe and may the best team will.

:wave:

hollywood
11-29-2013, 10:23 AM
What day is it?

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

Let's try this again!

It's.... THUMP DAAAAAAYYY!!!

Time for the Steers to get their thumping! And it's time the Steers join the thump thumping sound on the gym floor of all the other teams around the state so far!

Yep :iagree:

:thumbsup:

caleb_mccaig
11-29-2013, 10:32 AM
Let's try this again!

Time for the Steers to get their thumping! And it's time the Steers join the thump thumping sound on the gym floor of all the other teams around the state so far!

Since I'm stuck in the office today, do I listen to the S-ville game or the LSU game? Decisions, decisions.

hollywood
11-29-2013, 11:23 AM
Since I'm stuck in the office today, do I listen to the S-ville game or the LSU game? Decisions, decisions.

LSU?? lol

D'Highlander
11-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Big Spring doing work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

caleb_mccaig
11-29-2013, 04:11 PM
LSU?? lol

Big Spring leading S-Ville 16-14 at the half.......

By the way, we might have a game in Baton Rouge. LSU down 17-14 at half.

BB BULLS
11-29-2013, 04:19 PM
i need help lost internet i got it back now but when i go to listen to game it starts from the start of the game. dont see any where to fast forward or update

caleb_mccaig
11-29-2013, 04:24 PM
i need help lost internet i got it back now but when i go to listen to game it starts from the start of the game. dont see any where to fast forward or update

Not sure how to fix that. I do know there is live blogging going on during the game at this below link
http://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/sports/stephenville/html_dd4833e4-91b5-5656-9f44-f481a0103441.html

ronwx5x
11-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Big Spring 16
Stephenville 14
Half

garciap77
11-29-2013, 04:48 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_9815.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_9815.jpg.html)
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_9761.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_9761.jpg.html)
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_0006.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_0006.jpg.html)
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_0010.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_0010.jpg.html)

BullDawgDad
11-29-2013, 05:10 PM
Let's try this again!

Oops...looks like someone forgot to tell Big Spring to roll over because Stephenville had already won State Championship!!!

Big Spring - 16
Stephenville - 14
At halftime!!!!

garciap77
11-29-2013, 05:12 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_9952.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_9952.jpg.html)

garciap77
11-29-2013, 05:13 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_9988.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_9988.jpg.html)

garciap77
11-29-2013, 05:46 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_9978.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_9978.jpg.html)

toddg
11-29-2013, 05:49 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_9978.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_9978.jpg.html)

upset must be looming

D'Highlander
11-29-2013, 05:51 PM

I'm close

BB BULLS
11-29-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm close

S-ville the most lucky team in high school

D'Highlander
11-29-2013, 05:58 PM

Wow

garciap77
11-29-2013, 06:08 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_9822.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_9822.jpg.html)

garciap77
11-29-2013, 06:11 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_9940.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_9940.jpg.html)

garciap77
11-29-2013, 06:12 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_9928.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_9928.jpg.html)

garciap77
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_9912.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_9912.jpg.html)

garciap77
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_9768-1.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_9768-1.jpg.html)

regaleagle
11-29-2013, 06:13 PM

I think you mean "luckiest". No comment on that, but kudos to Big Spring for giving the Jellojackets their game of the year. Obviously, Stephenville finally ran into some competition out in Region 1.

slingshot
11-29-2013, 06:14 PM
Great game by both teams! S'ville pulls it out literally at the last second. 65 yd TD drive in 31 seconds. Wow. S'vile 47--Big Spring 36 final.

A few observations: 1) Big Spring came to play. 2) I heard S'vile was two touchdowns weaker than last year--make that 3... 3) S'ville will not win state this year--though I do believe they will win next week, I'll predict they fall in the semi's.

garciap77
11-29-2013, 06:15 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_9769-1.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_9769-1.jpg.html)

garciap77
11-29-2013, 06:16 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_9764-1.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_9764-1.jpg.html)

Manso/V8
11-29-2013, 06:40 PM
Congrats to Stephenville on coming from behind to win in the final seconds.
Kudos to Big Spring on a fine run, and surprising many today.

Is doesn't seem like the Yellowjackets are the team some of the Stephenville folks made them out to be, or maybe someone just forgot to oil the "machine" this week.

BB BULLS
11-29-2013, 06:48 PM
I think you mean "luckiest". No comment on that, but kudos to Big Spring for giving the Jellojackets their game of the year. Obviously, Stephenville finally ran into some competition out in Region 1.

didnt know this was a spelling B contest, but who cares what you think. if you knew what i meant its all good. but i did mean lucky team not luckiest. there are more teams out there that are the luckiest. thanks anyway for the grammer lesson. will try and do better, but dont count on it.

Deuce
11-29-2013, 08:22 PM
Curious to hear from the Ville faithful on this one! How does Monohans shutout Big Spring and the vaunted Ville D give up this many?

Sville
11-29-2013, 08:28 PM
Big Spring definitely passed the eye ball test getting off the bus and that Tannehill is a player. The Steers played their arses off and almost pulled it off. The Jackets turned the ball over 3 times inside the BS 10. To the Steers credit they were all forced. It almost got us beat today. Stidham orchestrated a drive that showed why he is so highly touted. It was a perfect pass on a flag route to win the game. BS has a ton of talent coming back and will be a force next year.

This was an incredible game. One of those games were you are ecstatic that your team won and feel bad for the seniors on the other team as they left it all on the field. Congratulations to the Big Spring Steers on a great game and season. This comeback ranks up there with some of the best Jacket playoff comebacks of all time. The SLC game in '98 comes to mind.

Sville
11-29-2013, 08:29 PM
Cutious to hear from the Ville faithful on this one! How does Monohans shutout Big Spring and the vaunted Ville D give up this many?

Tobyn Tannehill

jacketdawg
11-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Not sure about Monohans but the Big Spring Team showed up and hit us in the mouth and played to the very end, just as the Jackets did. This was a hard fought game where both teams had 500+ yards of offense and each team had turnovers. Lots of fire power on the "O" side of the ball. Credit should be given to both teams for a very entertaining game.

83Indian
11-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Just Wow! I did not follow this game today and just assumed Stephenville would roll. I'm sure the jackets will review this game film and see what they can do to improve the defensive breakdowns. Still always can find a way to win with that offense. Not sure if it was the Big Spring passing or running or both, but if Burnet wins, the secondary will be tested in that matchup. Great win Stephenville. Cupcake district did'nt help matters here. Hopefully the Indians will be back next year.

Deuce
11-29-2013, 08:41 PM
Tobyn Tannehill

How big is he? How does he compare to Stidham? Sounds like BS will be a force next year.

villebacker
11-29-2013, 08:45 PM
This game was weird from the very start. 3 turnovers inside the 10 going in to score. We stopped ourselves several times. When we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot we moved the ball easily. I am glad that we don't have to face Tannehill all the time. He reminded me so much of Matthew Bishop for Aledo. We could stop them on 1st and 2nd and have them 3rd and long and the QB either makes an incredible scramble or completes an improbable pass for a 1st down. It was amazing how much they looked alike in stature and ability. He is a game changer. Congratulations to Stephenville in persevering through all the things that went against us and still was able to come out on top. This will only make the kids believe in their ability to not give up. Congratulations to Big Spring in nearly pulling off the upset.

toddg
11-29-2013, 08:53 PM
Sville said a couple of days ago that this was one of those teams that could suprise if things worked a certain way... He was right.. way to pull it out at the end and avoid that trap Jackets!!!

toddg
11-29-2013, 08:55 PM
More people should read Cody's Corner.. He stated this type of game could happen this week

Sville
11-29-2013, 09:01 PM
How big is he? How does he compare to Stidham? Sounds like BS will be a force next year.

He is about 6'1 185, if you saw his brother in HS very similar. TBH it was a match up problem. We have struggled this year against true dual threat QBs. We match up better against predominantly run teams defensively. If we can hold on to the football I still like our chances.

Sville
11-29-2013, 09:03 PM

I just had a gut feeling about this game especially after watching tape on BS.

cowboyandchrist
11-29-2013, 09:12 PM
Sounds like The Big Spring players forgot to read all the Ville press. The way it sounds, they played like they were the Bullies of the Midway instead of the mighty Ville. If you play Kilgore you better play a lot better than that or you wont be going any further I can promise you that.
My Carthage Dawgs held up there end today in dominating fashion and hopefully moving closer to playing the Ville. We will have another very good team to play next week, but I believe in my Dawgs and I know they will be ready to play. God Bless and pray no injuries.

Sounds like The Big Spring players forgot to read all the Ville press. The way it sounds, they played like they were the Bullies of the Midway instead of the mighty Ville. If you play Kilgore you better play a lot better than that or you wont be going any further I can promise you that.
My Carthage Dawgs held up there end today in dominating fashion and hopefully moving closer to playing the Ville. We will have another very good team to play next week, but I believe in my Dawgs and I know they will be ready to play. God Bless and pray no injuries.

We had to fight off terrible calls all night long. The refs were not doing us any favors tonight by letting BS hold and have lineman downfield. But we did turn the ball over 4 times and still won. BS played hard and almost pulled it off.

Sville
11-29-2013, 10:00 PM
We had to fight off terrible calls all night long. The refs were not doing us any favors tonight by letting BS hold and have lineman downfield. But we did turn the ball over 4 times and still won. BS played hard and almost pulled it off.

I will say the refs were equal opportunity for both teams on bad calls and/or no calls.

slingshot
11-29-2013, 10:04 PM
We had to fight off terrible calls all night long. The refs were not doing us any favors tonight by letting BS hold and have lineman downfield. But we did turn the ball over 4 times and still won. BS played hard and almost pulled it off.Are you freakin' serious? Refs missed more calls that benefited Stephenville than the other way around... very poorly called game. 56-10? Hah!

hollywood
11-29-2013, 10:10 PM
This game was weird from the very start. 3 turnovers inside the 10 going in to score. We stopped ourselves several times. When we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot we moved the ball easily. I am glad that we don't have to face Tannehill all the time. He reminded me so much of Matthew Bishop for Aledo. We could stop them on 1st and 2nd and have them 3rd and long and the QB either makes an incredible scramble or completes an improbable pass for a 1st down. It was amazing how much they looked alike in stature and ability. He is a game changer. Congratulations to Stephenville in persevering through all the things that went against us and still was able to come out on top. This will only make the kids believe in their ability to not give up. Congratulations to Big Spring in nearly pulling off the upset.

This!

Roughneck93
11-29-2013, 10:17 PM
Nice comeback Jackets.

My bracket was in jeopardy there for a second...:)

2muchOffense
11-29-2013, 10:21 PM
Refs did make horrible calls, but they were horrible towards both teams. Big Spring came out playing like their heads were on fire. It has been a long time(other than Aledo) that we have been challenged physically like we were today. The play calling from the Big Spring coaches was very aggressive from the start. They did all the could to put it in the players hands. Jackets never quit.....ever. To those teams that might meet us, go ahead and think we are soft, slow, not that good, blah blah blah. The Jackets are a problem you don't want, so be very careful what you wish for.

Bosqueville
11-29-2013, 10:23 PM
Last years Ville team would beat this years team by. 3 TD's. My opinion of course.

vtskneb
11-29-2013, 10:25 PM
First off congrats to BS on a great game! After getting away from the emotions of the game and seeing who we were missing and who we expect back in the next couple of weeks, should we be there I feel better about our chances. It was a great finish to the game and immediately after I echoed the thoughts of those Stephenville doubters about how the season plays out. I don't feel that way any longer. Sville mentioned the SLC game but this game took me back to the Frenship game in 99 playoffs. Coincidentially in the same round. Stephenville was a big favorite in the game and it was a nailbitter. One thing in common about both memories, state championship teams. Bring on Burnet or Lubbock!

D'Highlander
11-29-2013, 10:25 PM
Last years Ville team would beat this years team by. 3 TD's. My opinion of course.

I agree but it would be 91-70...

vtskneb
11-29-2013, 10:33 PM
What are the potential locations for next week?

2muchOffense
11-29-2013, 10:34 PM
You might be correct about the 3tds, but lets not forget what transpired during last years run. We blew Burnett off of the field. We had no chance of matching Kdales speed, yet we had a record setting day. We curb stomped Wylie. Yes we had trouble against Kilgore but still managed to score 42 points. Then we rung up 70 on El Campo. So are we as deadly as last year? Probably not, but they are still very capable of repeating. I bet that 99% of all teams in Texas would have folded after getting scored on with 36 seconds left in the game. Losing in a big game, these Jackets drove the field and won the game. So yes they are still extremely dangerous.

hollywood
11-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Great game by both teams! S'ville pulls it out literally at the last second. 65 yd TD drive in 31 seconds. Wow. S'vile 47--Big Spring 36 final.

A few observations: 1) Big Spring came to play. 2) I heard S'vile was two touchdowns weaker than last year--make that 3... 3) S'ville will not win state this year--though I do believe they will win next week, I'll predict they fall in the semi's.

slingshot, it was nice to meet you today. I know everyone has an opinion. And that may be yours and some others. It's hard to "assess/judge" a team from watching just one game. Stephenville gift wrapped 3 turnovers to give a testy and talented Big Spring team every opportunity to stay in this game. That's football and especially playoff football. Did a lot of folks think Stephenville would dominate Big Spring? Yes. I homestly knew coming into this one that if a few turnovers here and there happened, Big Spring had a good enough offense to stay in it. Well, unfortunately for Stephenville, that happened. What I was most impressed with in this game is the fact Stephenville kept fighting as did Big Spring. It was every player on each team giving all they had to win. Stidham played and lead this team amazingly an almost mistake free. That INT he threw in the endzone was one of few for the season. Uncharacteristic mistakes in the playoffs can end a season an it almost happened today. Stephenville lives another week. Does this team have what it takes to get to the State Championship? Absolutely. Can they be beat? Absolutely. Any team can if mistakes such as turnovers or injuries happen.

One more comment, Big Spring appeared to have a game plan to disrupt Stepehnville's rythmn. To win the offensive time of possession and they executed it almost perfectly in the first half. Tobyn Tannehill is an awesome athlete and football player. The OL was big and physical. I give Big Spring and their coaching staff big kudos for their effort today!

Bosqueville
11-29-2013, 10:35 PM

Waco I hope.

jason
11-29-2013, 10:42 PM
lubbock cooper would be in abilene @ shotwell friday night.
burnet is still TBD

hollywood
11-29-2013, 10:45 PM
I know some of you would LOVE to see Stephenville go down this season. Then you all can say, I told you so. Lol

This is a message board. Some take it serious and some like to stir the pot. I like a little of both. All in all, I like to post because its fun seeing both sides. It's fun to see fans and supporters support their teams! And to believe in their team win or lose. I believe Stephenville 2013 has a shot to repeat. Some of you don't. That's okay. The players and coaches will continue to work extremely hard at getting better each week from here on out... Whether they win it all, or get beat. It sure is a good feeling getting to be here next week supporting the Jackets! Whether it's against Burnet or Lubbock Cooper, Stephenville will be ready and give it all they have!

vtskneb
11-29-2013, 10:48 PM
Thanks!

vtskneb
11-29-2013, 11:10 PM
I know some of you would LOVE to see Stephenville go down this season. Then you all can say, I told you so. Lol

This is a message board. Some take it serious and some like to stir the pot. I like a little of both. All in all, I like to post because its fun seeing both sides. It's fun to see fans and supporters support their teams! And to believe in their team win or lose. I believe Stephenville 2013 has a shot to repeat. Some of you don't. That's okay. The players and coaches will continue to work extremely hard at getting better each week from here on out... Whether they win it all, or get beat. It sure is a good feeling getting to be here next week supporting the Jackets! Whether it's against Burnet or Lubbock Cooper, Stephenville will be ready and give it all they have!

Exactly!

cowboyandchrist
11-29-2013, 11:56 PM
Refs did make horrible calls, but they were horrible towards both teams. Big Spring came out playing like their heads were on fire. It has been a long time(other than Aledo) that we have been challenged physically like we were today. The play calling from the Big Spring coaches was very aggressive from the start. They did all the could to put it in the players hands. Jackets never quit.....ever. To those teams that might meet us, go ahead and think we are soft, slow, not that good, blah blah blah. The Jackets are a problem you don't want, so be very careful what you wish for.
I know two teams that do want to play the Ville, one is Kilgore and the other is my Carthage Dawgs. I don't know if my Carthage Dawgs will get there or not, but if they do, you better play a thousand times better than you did tonight or the Dawgs will score a bunch of points and the way the D has played so far in the playoffs has been just plain nasty. It will be a lot harder to score on than Big Spring. Great come from behind win for the Ville. I think everybody will be paying attention to Big Spring next year.

hollywood
11-30-2013, 12:10 AM
I know two teams that do want to play the Ville, one is Kilgore and the other is my Carthage Dawgs. I don't know if my Carthage Dawgs will get there or not, but if they do, you better play a thousand times better than you did tonight or the Dawgs will score a bunch of points and the way the D has played so far in the playoffs has been just plain nasty. It will be a lot harder to score on than Big Spring. Great come from behind win for the Ville. I think everybody will be paying attention to Big Spring next year.

cowboy, sometimes I agree with your posts. Most times I don't, especially when you make comments like this. I bet you thought Carthage would win convincingly against El Campo last season. Sometimes as posters, we get it wrong because the opposing team decides to get it all together and play their best game of the season or simply is better than their record. Sometimes, a state contender has a few costly mistakes. Stephenville moved the ball plenty good today. Turned the ball over 3 times inside the 10 yard line after lengthy drives. Sound familiar? It can happen and anyone that has watched a lot of football knows that. I hope this is that game where Stephenville realizes that mistakes can be extremely costly and causes them to be more focused than ever.

Good luck to Carthage next week. Let's make it happen. One week at a time!

cowboyandchrist
11-30-2013, 12:33 AM
cowboy, sometimes I agree with your posts. Most times I don't, especially when you make comments like this. I bet you thought Carthage would win convincingly against El Campo last season. Sometimes as posters, we get it wrong because the opposing team decides to get it all together and play their best game of the season or simply is better than their record. Sometimes, a state contender has a few costly mistakes. Stephenville moved the ball plenty good today. Turned the ball over 3 times inside the 10 yard line after lengthy drives. Sound familiar? It can happen and anyone that has watched a lot of football knows that. I hope this is that game where Stephenville realizes that mistakes can be extremely costly and causes them to be more focused than ever.

Good luck to Carthage next week. Let's make it happen. One week at a time!

Believe me I know how turn overs can change the out come of a game. The Ville did tonight what the Dawgs didn't do last year against the Ricebirds and that is win with the turn overs. I still believe the Ville is the team to beat on that side of the bracket, but a game like you had tonight against Kilgore or Carthage will get you beat.

garciap77
11-30-2013, 12:35 AM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_9848.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_9848.jpg.html)

hollywood
11-30-2013, 12:45 AM
Believe me I know how turn overs can change the out come of a game. The Ville did tonight what the Dawgs didn't do last year against the Ricebirds and that is win with the turn overs. I still believe the Ville is the team to beat on that side of the bracket, but a game like you had tonight against Kilgore or Carthage will get you beat.

Look at the Gilmer/Kilgore game. That proves it. Gilmer had 5 turnovers and still had a chance. Teams that played Big Spring can tell you they have a lot of talent. It was a matter of which team was going to show up that week. Well, today, they brought their A game and managed to control the time of possession by converting I don't know how many 3rd and longs to keep a struggling drive alive. Very frustrating for a defense to keep their confidence up when that happens. It was one of those games you just had to be there to grasp what all transpired. Not just look at a score. Weird game and not because Stephenville was tested, but just weird calls and stoppages by the refs to discuss multiple situations. Game was out of sync from the start when the wind blew open the run through sign before the players got there! Lol There's your sign!

garciap77
11-30-2013, 12:47 AM

Congrats! I was not able to stay for the second half! Good luck on your way to the State Title!

hollywood
11-30-2013, 12:49 AM
Congrats! I was not able to stay for the second half! Good luck on your way to the State Title!

Great pics as always! Wish I would have known you were going to be there! See ya down the road.

garciap77
11-30-2013, 12:50 AM
Look at the Gilmer/Kilgore game. That proves it. Gilmer had 5 turnovers and still had a chance. Teams that played Big Spring can tell you they have a lot of talent. It was a matter of which team was going to show up that week. Well, today, they brought their A game and managed to control the time of possession by converting I don't know how many 3rd and longs to keep a struggling drive alive. Very frustrating for a defense to keep their confidence up when that happens. It was one of those games you just had to be there to grasp what all transpired. Not just look at a score. Weird game and not because Stephenville was tested, but just weird calls and stoppages by the refs to discuss multiple situations. Game was out of sync from the start when the wind blew open the run through sign before the players got there! Lol There's your sign!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_9789.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_9789.jpg.html)

garciap77
11-30-2013, 12:53 AM
Great pics as always! Wish I would have known you were going to be there! See ya down the road.

It was last min thing and then I had to leave right after the half. I did not get to see much 3A football this year and I can't get on the 3ADL from work any more. Hope this changes next year..

hollywood
11-30-2013, 12:53 AM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_9789.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_9789.jpg.html)

See!!! garciap77 knows too! Lol

That's good stuff!

garciap77
11-30-2013, 12:57 AM
..........................................! Lol There's your sign!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_9804.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_9804.jpg.html)

garciap77
11-30-2013, 12:58 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_9806.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_9806.jpg.html)

Ville-D
11-30-2013, 01:00 AM
lubbock cooper would be in abilene @ shotwell friday night.
burnet is still TBD

One rumor was burnet @ TCU.

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

garciap77
11-30-2013, 01:02 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_9859.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_9859.jpg.html)

football8
11-30-2013, 01:06 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_9859.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_9859.jpg.html)

I would like to have some of those pics

toddg
11-30-2013, 01:09 AM
The Jackets won.. Nuff Said

garciap77
11-30-2013, 01:12 AM
Just right click and save as to you computer.

Benchwarmer
11-30-2013, 07:40 AM
Well crud. As of right now watching the news. Highs in the upper 60's and lower 70's thru Thursday. Friday thru the weekend highs in the 30's with wind and rain. Can we play a Thursday game lol?

hollywood
11-30-2013, 09:00 AM
http://www.star-telegram.com/varsity/m/#/2013/11/29/v-touch/5378315/stephenville-completes-comeback.html

jason
11-30-2013, 09:21 AM
One rumor was burnet @ TCU.

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D
maybe they'll get cowboy stadium thursday or friday night. gonna be cold friday!!

Sville
11-30-2013, 11:38 AM
It was good to see some of you Wylie peeps at the game but I do have disagree with the 2012 team being 14 pts better than this years team. You made one comment about not being as big up front. Four of the five OL are back from last year granted the one we lost was a hoss but still a very good OL in their own right. The 2013 offense is out pacing the 2012 offense at this point in the season. Last year we were a passing team and this year more of a running team with two outstanding athletes in the back field. The 2012 offense entering the QF game was avg. 183 rush, 274 pass, 457 total, and 43 pts a game. 2013 offense is avg 277 rush, 194 pass, 471 total, and 47 pts a game. The 2013 defense hasn't been as good as the 2012 bunch. At this point last year the 2012 D was avg 167 rush, 119 pass, 286 total, and 20.4 pts a game. The 2013 D is avg 174 rush, 137 pass, 311 total, 22.6 pts a game. The D is giving up 2 pts more a game but the offense is scoring 5 more a game than the 2012 SC. We are right where we need to be and plenty good enough to get there.

hollywood
11-30-2013, 12:33 PM
It was good to see some of you Wylie peeps at the game but I do have disagree with the 2012 team being 14 pts better than this years team. You made one comment about not being as big up front. Four of the five OL are back from last year granted the one we lost was a hoss but still a very good OL in their own right. The 2013 offense is out pacing the 2012 offense at this point in the season. Last year we were a passing team and this year more of a running team with two outstanding athletes in the back field. The 2012 offense entering the QF game was avg. 183 rush, 274 pass, 457 total, and 43 pts a game. 2013 offense is avg 277 rush, 194 pass, 471 total, and 47 pts a game. The 2013 defense hasn't been as good as the 2012 bunch. At this point last year the 2012 D was avg 167 rush, 119 pass, 286 total, and 20.4 pts a game. The 2013 D is avg 174 rush, 137 pass, 311 total, 22.6 pts a game. The D is giving up 2 pts more a game but the offense is scoring 5 more a game than the 2012 SC. We are right where we need to be and plenty good enough to get there.

Good post Sville!! Thanks for the statistical information to back it up! Those that want to deny have their opinion. It's all subject. One can think this, one can think that. That is their opinion. Everyone has been wrong in their life at some point, right? ;)

At the end of the day, all that counts is winning or losing. This group of players are winners and know how to win. Almost half of them were starting on the 2012 team. Some of the best competitors I've seen.

toddg
11-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Jacket posters dont have to answer to nobody...you dont have to explain why this game was close..district 4 posters said all week that BS was better than most thought..Sville was warning possible trouble all week..when BS scored with 30 sec. left..i thought they left too much time on the clock...the jackets did just as i thought they would and won the game..gonna be some more close games before this is done, doubters get your popcorn ready!

garciap77
11-30-2013, 01:23 PM

I only watched the first half, and no way is this Honey Bee's team better than last year's team, not by a long shot!!!:tisk:

hollywood
11-30-2013, 01:51 PM
I only watched the first half, and no way is this Honey Bee's team better than last year's team, not by a long shot!!!:tisk:

Keep 'Em coming! :clap:

hollywood
11-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Imbedded in article are a few video hoghlights of both teams.

http://www.newswest9.com/story/24100318/big-spring-stung-late-by-stephenville

2muchOffense
11-30-2013, 02:58 PM
Been waiting all year to see if we could respond to a pressure situation. Was banking on the this happening during the Aledo game but we know how that turned out. I believe the Jackets passed with flying colors. We shot ourselves in the foot while facing a very determined opponent. I personally felt that Big Spring was huge and they had plenty of talent. This year's Jackets have plenty of ability and talent to bring home the ship. Those that doubt can keep doubting. The team is full of champions. I have stated that the players and coaches don't fold under pressure, yesterday backed up my statement. These Jackets handled the worst possible situation you can be in while playing in a elimination game. The winner of the Cooper/Burnett game better be prepared for a determined, angry, and hungrier Jacket team next week. Most posters have no clue in regards to our talent, and everyone has already written us off. You can hate and doubt us if you choose, but the fact remains, the Jackets are damn good!

regaleagle
11-30-2013, 03:26 PM
Nice comeback Jackets.

My bracket was in jeopardy there for a second...:)

35 secs. to be more precise. It's a tough pill to swallow for BS I'm sure, but that's the nature of these Texas High School Football playoffs every year, it seems.

BB BULLS
11-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Been waiting all year to see if we could respond to a pressure situation. Was banking on the this happening during the Aledo game but we know how that turned out. I believe the Jackets passed with flying colors. We shot ourselves in the foot while facing a very determined opponent. I personally felt that Big Spring was huge and they had plenty of talent. This year's Jackets have plenty of ability and talent to bring home the ship. Those that doubt can keep doubting. The team is full of champions. I have stated that the players and coaches don't fold under pressure, yesterday backed up my statement. These Jackets handled the worst possible situation you can be in while playing in a elimination game. The winner of the Cooper/Burnett game better be prepared for a determined, angry, and hungrier Jacket team next week. Most posters have no clue in regards to our talent, and everyone has already written us off. You can hate and doubt us if you choose, but the fact remains, the Jackets are damn good!

S-ville has a very good team, as i said before they will not win the SC game if they make it, which i do think they will make it that far. good luck there are two teams from the other side that i think will handle them pretty good IMO. trust me i know you all will hammer me for this comment but i dont care. i am just like you guys if my team was still playing there is no way i would say that they lose

hollywood
11-30-2013, 11:38 PM
S-ville has a very good team, as i said before they will not win the SC game if they make it, which i do think they will make it that far. good luck there are two teams from the other side that i think will handle them pretty good IMO. trust me i know you all will hammer me for this comment but i dont care. i am just like you guys if my team was still playing there is no way i would say that they lose

We shall see BB BULLS. What you think and say is all subjective. It's your opinion and have that freedom to think. cowboyandchrist and others were saying the same kind of stuff last season. First about Kilgore. Then when Carthage got beat by El Campo, it was El Campo. Stephenville will continue to work and work and work some more. See you in Jerry World of Stephenville makes it?

Caprocker
12-01-2013, 11:00 AM
http://www.star-telegram.com/varsity/m/#/2013/11/29/v-touch/5378315/stephenville-completes-comeback.html

Good story and Gillespie is correct in saying that stidham is special...he's beyond that. The last play was borderline divine intervention as he was being sacked when he threw the ball. But here's the deal..lose the arrogance , don't try to sugar coat it and do yourself credit. Give credit to the other team , be humble and praise The Lord that you've got the one man band on your team...and be thankful that he's such a class act of a kid.

hollywood
12-01-2013, 11:23 AM
Good story and Gillespie is correct in saying that stidham is special...he's beyond that. The last play was borderline divine intervention as he was being sacked when he threw the ball. But here's the deal..lose the arrogance , don't try to sugar coat it and do yourself credit. Give credit to the other team , be humble and praise The Lord that you've got the one man band on your team...and be thankful that he's such a class act of a kid.

I give tons of credit to Big Spring! Fantastic team who deserve a ton of praise. The mistakes Stephenville made were uncharacteristic. Big Spring caused the pressure and were characteristic in causing those turnovers. I know some may think we're arrogant on here... It's a forum. Just having fun. Honestly, I have a lot of repect for teams and programs as Big Spring. If you think Stephenville is a one man band with Stidham, then what is Big Spring with Tannehill? A little smack from time to time never hurt anyone. ;)

Good luck to Big Spring next season. A ton of talent coming back. Great team.

Sville
12-01-2013, 12:09 PM

I am not sure if you talking about Gillespie, Hollywood, or Jacket fans in general. But we have the right man leading our program, all you need to do is watch Coach G's statement at the end of this highlight (5 minute mark) from the state championship last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwuRAp1VGyk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DFwuRAp1VGyk

SouthTexas Lobo
12-01-2013, 01:54 PM
I give tons of credit to Big Spring! Fantastic team who deserve a ton of praise. The mistakes Stephenville made were uncharacteristic. Big Spring caused the pressure and were characteristic in causing those turnovers. I know some may think we're arrogant on here... It's a forum. Just having fun. Honestly, I have a lot of repect for teams and programs as Big Spring. If you think Stephenville is a one man band with Stidham, then what is Big Spring with Tannehill? A little smack from time to time never hurt anyone. ;)

Hollywood always enjoy reading your posts, your total class with little trash talk, which is how it should be supporting your team. You always challenge the classless posting of fellow Ville, and i respect that. You gave Big Spring respect from the start, when most of the Ville posters didnt. Good luck on the Ville's way to SC, and Jerry's World

hollywood
12-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Hollywood always enjoy reading your posts, your total class with little trash talk, which is how it should be supporting your team. You always challenge the classless posting of fellow Ville, and i respect that. You gave Big Spring respect from the start, when most of the Ville posters didnt. Good luck on the Ville's way to SC, and Jerry's World

STL, you get it! It's fun for me to post and read everyone's thoughts and banter. I can appreciate anyone supporting their schools, teams, community, etc. Personally, I'm not an arrogant fan or person. I do believe in Stephenville's teams, program, and schools as a whole. It's all my kids have ever known. I'm confident in the fact that this years football team has a lot going for them. But also know that it can come to an end any given week. Anyone who doubts that, well they are either full of it or just too blind to see. I've known some of the players since their momma's were changing their diapers! Lol

Thanks for supporting the Jackets. I would do the same. They are as deserving as any other team, whether they are still playing or not. Players and coaches across the state work extremely hard to reach their goals set forth from the beginning.

slingshot
12-01-2013, 06:21 PM
STL, you get it! It's fun for me to post and read everyone's thoughts and banter. I can appreciate anyone supporting their schools, teams, community, etc. Personally, I'm not an arrogant fan or person. I do believe in Stephenville's teams, program, and schools as a whole. It's all my kids have ever known. I'm confident in the fact that this years football team has a lot going for them. But also know that it can come to an end any given week. Anyone who doubts that, well they are either full of it or just too blind to see. I've known some of the players since their momma's were changing their diapers! Lol

Thanks for supporting the Jackets. I would do the same. They are as deserving as any other team, whether they are still playing or not. Players and coaches across the state work extremely hard to reach their goals set forth from the beginning.Spot on. It's just hard to support the Jackets when people like Ville open their traps and spew out classless, arrogant drivel. Does anybody on here like that guy? Don't think so... Maybe if we just all ignore him he'll go away.

Caprocker
12-01-2013, 10:17 PM

Touché and maybe we will get a shot at redemption next year...good luck to the jackets..we want you guys to win it all..