PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 Regional GOTW: Burnet (9-3) vs Lubbock Cooper (9-2)

bulldog60
11-24-2013, 09:08 PM
So it looks like we will meet in Brownwood on Saturday at 2PM. Should be fun:)

BullDawgDad
11-24-2013, 09:29 PM
So it looks like we will meet in Brownwood on Saturday at 2PM. Should be fun:)

So what do we know about Lubbock Cooper?

bulldog60
11-24-2013, 09:58 PM
So what do we know about Lubbock Cooper?

I have seen some stats that suggest they are a balanced pass/run team with a good running QB

But I would like to hear from some Cooper fans for more information.

hollywood
11-24-2013, 10:58 PM
I have seen some stats that suggest they are a balanced pass/run team with a good running QB

But I would like to hear from some Cooper fans for more information.

I don't think there are any L Cooper posters. May get more from the Wylie fans.

jason
11-25-2013, 09:09 AM
I have cooper in the regional finals in my pick'em so gotta stick with them.
I had burned losing last week too though.

Think I'm gonna make the trip to Brownwood for this one.

slingshot
11-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Seen them up close... very good running game from the 'reverse wishbone' or whatever it's called. A lot of misdirection. Also a surprisingly good passing game. Defense is solid but they can be scored on. QB makes very quick reads and gets rid of the ball accurately. Watch out for #7 WR--big, fast and can catch anything thrown his way. He can burn you...

bulldog60
11-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Seen them up close... very good running game from the 'reverse wishbone' or whatever it's called. A lot of misdirection. Also a surprisingly good passing game. Defense is solid but they can be scored on. QB makes very quick reads and gets rid of the ball accurately. Watch out for #7 WR--big, fast and can catch anything thrown his way. He can burn you...

Thanks for the update, should be a great game.

hollywood
11-25-2013, 07:21 PM
Lubbock Cooper reminds of Wylie. Their school is basically suburb of Lubbock. Good academics and good a good athletic program. Always good athletes that will compete in whatever sport they play. I expect a great game.

Just a side note... If Cooper and Stephenville were both to win this week, that would be very fitting. Cooper knocked Stephenville out of the playoffs in baseball last season. Some of the same athletes play football that played baseball. I know they have much respect for each other in that aspect, but would an extra stack of chips on the table to be able to get revenge through a football game! ;)

Back to Burnet and Cooper... :D... I think Burnet has a better balanced team and stronger defense. Burnet should win this one... it might be a close one, or it could very well be another comanding win like last week.

May the best team prevail!

Cam
11-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Lubbock: Where there are more Q-Tips on the road per square mile than cigarette butts!.....them dang dust storms really do clog up them ears!.....:doh:

Cam
11-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Some Cooper team info:

http://pbstats.pointstreak.com/team-player-statistics.html?teamid=10718

QB Stanton Keane likes to run and is the leading rusher with 1150 yards.
Passing: 99 for 167 for 1407 yds. and 11 TD's

Big receiver Evan McHugh 6'4" has 30 catches for 509 yds. and 6 TD's

RB Dakota Gruben 904 yards rushing and 10 TD's

C'mon Wylie folks, tell us what you saw??....

SHSBulldog00
11-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Some Cooper team info:

http://pbstats.pointstreak.com/team-player-statistics.html?teamid=10718

QB Stanton Keane likes to run and is the leading rusher with 1150 yards.
Passing: 99 for 167 for 1407 yds. and 11 TD's

Big receiver Evan McHugh 6'4" has 30 catches for 509 yds. and 6 TD's

RB Dakota Gruben 904 yards rushing and 10 TD's

C'mon Wylie folks, tell us what you saw??....

I believe Cooper has a 6'7 Nose on defense.

bwdlionfan
11-25-2013, 10:04 PM
Just a side note... If Cooper and Stephenville were both to win this week, that would be very fitting. Cooper knocked Stephenville out of the playoffs in baseball last season. Some of the same athletes play football that played baseball. I know they have much respect for each other in that aspect, but would an extra stack of chips on the table to be able to get revenge through a football game! ;)

I'm beginning to think it must be a personal goal of yours to get the word 'Stephenville' incorporated in to every post on this board!!

hollywood
11-25-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm beginning to think it must be a personal goal of yours to get the word 'Stephenville' incorporated in to every post on this board!!

:wave:

panfan
11-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Lubbock Cooper reminds of Wylie. Their school is basically suburb of Lubbock. Good academics and good a good athletic program. Always good athletes that will compete in whatever sport they play. I expect a great game.

I think Burnet has a better balanced team and stronger defense. Burnet should win this one... it might be a close one, or it could very well be another comanding win like last week. May the best team prevail!

I did a little editing so this post is relevant to the thread! Oh and BTW -

Go Dawgs. Damn that really hurts.

greendawg84
11-26-2013, 10:22 AM
I did a little editing so this post is relevant to the thread! Oh and BTW -

Go Dawgs. Damn that really hurts.

That prolly took you about 3 trys to type that , fingers shaking and all ! :wave:

panfan
11-26-2013, 10:54 AM
That prolly took you about 3 trys to type that , fingers shaking and all ! :wave:

more like 1/2 hr cause I kept typing in sarcastic stuff about green and bullpups. Ya'll should progress to the next round - not that I know anything about this cooper team, just a feeling. Good luck.

hollywood
11-26-2013, 11:01 AM
more like 1/2 hr cause I kept typing in sarcastic stuff about green and bullpups. Ya'll should progress to the next round - not that I know anything about this cooper team, just a feeling. Good luck.

I'll be at this game. We'll see what all the fuss is about!

M&G? I'd love to meet some of you cedar hackers from down in the Hill Country!

Cam
11-26-2013, 11:07 AM
Austin American Statesman article on Burnet QB Derek Kiser

http://tablet.olivesoftware.com/Olive/Tablet/AustinAmericanStatesman/SharedArticle.aspx?href=AAS%2F2013%2F11%2F26&id=Ar02301

Cam
11-26-2013, 11:10 AM
I'll be at this game. We'll see what all the fuss is about!

M&G? I'd love to meet some of you cedar hackers from down in the Hill Country!

Hollywood, the only fuss round here is the fuss you create!....Jackets this Jackets that Stephenville this Stephenville that..UFO's here UFO's everywhere....look there's one there!!!....:D....

hollywood
11-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Hollywood, the only fuss round here is the fuss you create!.....:D....

:stirpot:

:D

M&G? I know a perfect spot for you Hill Country bumpkins... South Endzone in the center... between the cedar trees! :wave:

greendawg84
11-26-2013, 11:56 AM
:stirpot:

:D

M&G? I know a perfect spot for you Hill Country bumpkins... South Endzone in the center... between the cedar trees! :wave:

I will be there holly but you better leave all that Jacket stuff at home ! Half in south endzone .:flaming:

Cam
11-26-2013, 12:11 PM
I will be there holly but you better leave all that Jacket stuff at home ! Half in south endzone .:flaming:

Better bring your bowie knife! I'm bringin' the bug spray!!....I'm sure hollywood will be all decked out in his Jacket gear and probably carrying a clipboard so folks think he's a hotshot Jacket scout or something!.....:doh:

G-Dawg, your boy gonna be there?....Mine's on his way to Burnet at noon....sure will be nice to have him home for a few days.....he will probably be at the game.....I'm sure he would love to see Mr. Bad Temper!!......

hollywood
11-26-2013, 12:14 PM

Lol.. Ok, would you mind if I wear a Bangs Dragons sweatshirt? At least their colors are green and white! :D

greendawg84
11-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Better bring your bowie knife! I'm bringin' the bug spray!!....I'm sure hollywood will be all decked out in his Jacket gear and probably carrying a clipboard so folks think he's a hotshot Jacket scout or something!.....:doh:

G-Dawg, your boy gonna be there?....Mine's on his way to Burnet at noon....sure will be nice to have him home for a few days.....he will probably be at the game.....I'm sure he would love to see Mr. Bad Temper!!......

I think he will be there ! It is hunting season ya know ..... had to fix him supper just to get him to get out of the stand on Saturday .

Cam
11-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Some nice pics of Wylie/Cooper game:

http://www.reporternews.com/photos/galleries/2013/nov/23/wylie-vs-lub-cooper-football---112313/59669/#section_header

defense51
11-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Lol.. Ok, would you mind if I wear a Bangs Dragons sweatshirt? At least their colors are green and white! :D

How about a Purple Reign t-shirt, the Burnet folk love purple! :wave:

BullDawgDad
11-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Austin American Statesman article on Burnet QB Derek Kiser

http://tablet.olivesoftware.com/Olive/Tablet/AustinAmericanStatesman/SharedArticle.aspx?href=AAS%2F2013%2F11%2F26&id=Ar02301

Here's another article...Trenton Hafley was named Austin American-Statesman Player of the Week.

View "Player of the week" article at http://tablet.olivesoftware.com/Olive/Tablet/AustinAmericanStatesman/SharedArticle.aspx?href=AAS%2F2013%2F11%2F26&id=Ar02307

DocHoliday
11-26-2013, 03:33 PM
I thought most of the purple clothes were put up until next year!!!!

defense51
11-26-2013, 03:48 PM
I thought most of the purple clothes were put up until next year!!!!

The Purple clothes never get put up! :foul:

defense51
11-26-2013, 03:50 PM
After seeing Burnet play, I think they've hit their stride for the playoffs. Burnet wins this one by 2 td's over Cooper.

BullDawgDad
11-26-2013, 04:41 PM
After seeing Burnet play, I think they've hit their stride for the playoffs. Burnet wins this one by 2 td's over Cooper.

:clap: give that man a prize!!! Gotta keep this train a rollin'!!!

Cam
11-26-2013, 11:24 PM

panfan......I'll lend you one of my green Burnet t-shirts for the game Saturday!.......WHAT?....you're not going??.......

Cam
11-26-2013, 11:33 PM

hope you're right d51....the boys are giving it all they got!.....And that's really all that matters!....

panfan
11-27-2013, 08:45 AM
panfan......I'll lend you one of my green Burnet t-shirts for the game Saturday!.......WHAT?....you're not going??.......

I went up to that stadium last week when it was freezing and raining. Probably will be in the tropical 40's or 50s this week. I'll probably listen on the radio but if me and the boy show up, we are definately wearing purple and sitting on the Burnet side to make you and g-dawg uncomfortable.

panfan
11-27-2013, 11:00 AM

Ohh and BTW - I didn't bail on last weeks games due to a little cold and rain. :taunt:

panfan
11-27-2013, 11:16 AM

Too all you Burnet folks, Ya'll still suck, but I hope ya'll go all the way! Good Luck Dawgs. :taunt: Lubbock Cooper is the Pirates (somehow this doesn't sound grammatically correct), right? Didn't some team out of that ol cowtown up that way used to have a coach who thought he was a pirate?

Cam
11-27-2013, 11:44 AM
Ohh and BTW - I didn't bail on last weeks games due to a little cold and rain. :taunt:

....hey...when the wife says NO....it's NO!......:doh:....

panfan
11-27-2013, 11:46 AM
....hey...when the wife says NO....it's NO!......:doh:....

oh sure - blame it on the wife....

Cam
11-27-2013, 11:49 AM
.....man....not one cooper folk on the Low!.....

Cam
11-27-2013, 11:54 AM
oh sure - blame it on the wife....

you don't know my wife!.....aren't you workin' or something?.....BTW, I'm off!!! My boy and girl got in last night......I'm happy!......Catchin' a movie and dinner later with the whole family.....:1popcorn:......and plain M&M's mixed in with the popcorn!......mmmmm......

panfan
11-27-2013, 11:59 AM
you don't know my wife!.....aren't you workin' or something?.....BTW, I'm off!!! My boy and girl got in last night......I'm happy!......Catchin' a movie and dinner later with the whole family.....:1popcorn:......and plain M&M's mixed in with the popcorn!......mmmmm......

Enjoy your day with the family!!

bulldog60
11-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Hey Burnet Fans is anyone going to be tailgating before the game. Me and about 15 others are planning on being about 2 hours early for a get together in the Home side parking lot.

bulldog60
11-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Hey Downlow fans check out this cool camera/DVR sunglasses that I found and have been using to record the Burnet Bulldogs with this season.

http://www.nst.com/Sunglasses-HD-720-P-DVR-Wide-Angle-140-Degree/productinfo/CVTGLWA/#

Cam
11-28-2013, 12:48 PM
Hey Downlow fans check out this cool camera/DVR sunglasses that I found and have been using to record the Burnet Bulldogs with this season.

http://www.nst.com/Sunglasses-HD-720-P-DVR-Wide-Angle-140-Degree/productinfo/CVTGLWA/#

Those are cool! Is 720 as high as they go? what about zoom capabilities? I like the idea cause when I use a regular video camera I have a tendency to record the clouds while I turn my head to watch the action!!!

Cam
11-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Just got back from the stadium with my two boys.....Burnet fans started a new tradition at the field......Hot coffee, donuts, kolaches, and a concession trailer with the good folks cooking up some sausage and eggs and tortillas!!!........Good job everyone!......So here we are stuffin' our faces while we watch the boys practicing their tails off!.....hope there's some left for em'!....:doh:......and what a beautiful day too!....

Cam
11-28-2013, 01:00 PM
Nice story about Burnet player Jacob Holland:

http://www.dailytrib.com/2013/11/28/physical-disability-might-slow-burnet-football-player-wont-stop/

refereedoc
11-28-2013, 01:00 PM
Great community there Cam! When we played baseball there last year, everyone was very friendly and cordial to us. Roger Moore cooks a mean burger.

Cam
11-28-2013, 01:17 PM
Interview with Coach Jones & DE Chase Mardis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhd6hdm6Pqs&feature=youtube_gdata

Cam
11-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Great community there Cam! When we played baseball there last year, everyone was very friendly and cordial to us. Roger Moore cooks a mean burger.

Thanks ref!....yeah, Roger was there cookin up a storm in the trailer this morning!.....His son, Austin, is one heck of a QB on JV. Burnet will be set at QB with him for the next two years....

Cam
11-28-2013, 04:01 PM
A look at Lubbock Cooper:

http://www.gametapetube.com/video/1686/Stetson-Smitherman-54-Center-Lubbock-Cooper-Class-of-2014

I see this game playing out in Burnet's favor. However in the next round I don't see you scoring in the 20's again this year. We still put up the 50 plus. I think the average was 57 a game average last year in playoffs. I think that number stays the same with the D giving up less overall playoff points than last years team. Enjoy your victory this week it will be your last for 2013.

Cam
11-28-2013, 06:44 PM
I see this game playing out in Burnet's favor. However in the next round I don't see you scoring in the 20's again this year. We still put up the 50 plus. I think the average was 57 a game average last year in playoffs. I think that number stays the same with the D giving up less overall playoff points than last years team. Enjoy your victory this week it will be your last for 2013.

Hope you're right Ville....great accomplishment if Burnet makes the final 8...No matter what happens they've had a great season to build on......If Burnet does win, don't agree with you that they won't score more than 20 on Big Spring!...:taunt:........Now, go eat some more turkey....let the tryptophan kick in...and go take another nap!.....If both our teams win, I'll take care of your jibber jabber next week!......man, you're as annoyin' as I am.....I'm impressed!.....:D

BullDawgDad
11-28-2013, 08:00 PM

WOW....now that's funny!!! If I remember correctly last year we put up 27 on you guys last year which was about the average amount your defense gave up in last seasons playoffs. So only 20 this year is a gross underestimation on your part about the 2013 Bulldogs and a gross overestimation of your team this year! 2012 Stephenville team was better than this years team. Burnet's 2013 team considerably better than 2012. You all are in for a lot closer game than you think. Delusional visions of grandeur in my opinion on your part. You just need to get past Big Spring first before you worry about Burnet. That's why you play the game, because anything can happen.... I know you guys can't forget about what happened at 7 on 7 in the summer of 2012. Must be on a major turkey high!!! Lol

WOW....now that's funny!!! If I remember correctly last year we put up 27 on you guys last year which was about the average amount your defense gave up in last seasons playoffs. So only 20 this year is a gross underestimation on your part about the 2013 Bulldogs and a gross overestimation of your team this year! 2012 Stephenville team was better than this years team. Burnet's 2013 team considerably better than 2012. You all are in for a lot closer game than you think. Delusional visions of grandeur in my opinion on your part. You just need to get past Big Spring first before you worry about Burnet. That's why you play the game, because anything can happen.... I know you guys can't forget about what happened at 7 on 7 in the summer of 2012. Must be on a major turkey high!!! Lol

Burnet
(5-6, 2-1 Neutral)

Stephenville
(14-1, 7-0 Neutral)
WINNER

There is the score and the records for last year.
This years team isn't last years team it's a totally different team. But I think it's better. The OVERALL D is better and the running game is much better. The QB is the number one QB 2015 in the NATION and the receivers can catch the ball just fine when needed. The secondary is more experienced and overall better. You are in for a treat my friend. We don't care to much about 7 on 7 around here. I know your butt is still sore from last years stomping but you had a year to heal up and get ready for another.

BullDawgDad
11-28-2013, 10:04 PM
Burnet
(5-6, 2-1 Neutral)

Stephenville
(14-1, 7-0 Neutral)
WINNER

There is the score and the records for last year.
This years team isn't last years team it's a totally different team. But I think it's better. The OVERALL D is better and the running game is much better. The QB is the number one QB 2015 in the NATION and the receivers can catch the ball just fine when needed. The secondary is more experienced and overall better. You are in for a treat my friend. We don't care to much about 7 on 7 around here. I know your butt is still sore from last years stomping but you had a year to heal up and get ready for another.

Still real funny...I don't think last years game counts towards this years playoffs, but nice try!!!!....Burnet is a totally different team as well. You talk about your running game being better...well my friend Burnet's defense totally stuffed one of the best running backs in all of 3a at Kennedale. Your QB maybe one of the top 2015 QB's ( most recruiting services have him rated #4) but as a pure passer his number come up a little short to Kiser's numbers over 3400 yards 36 TD's only 5 int plus has 2 WR's with over 1000 yards as well. No game is an automatic win. Stephenville is a good football team I will admit that...but your over confidence maybe your down fall. If you think you are already 2013 State champ don't show up to the rest if your games and just show up at Jerry's world and see if you get the trophy.

hollywood
11-28-2013, 11:16 PM
Still real funny...I don't think last years game counts towards this years playoffs, but nice try!!!!....Burnet is a totally different team as well. You talk about your running game being better...well my friend Burnet's defense totally stuffed one of the best running backs in all of 3a at Kennedale. Your QB maybe one of the top 2015 QB's ( most recruiting services have him rated #4) but as a pure passer his number come up a little short to Kiser's numbers over 3400 yards 36 TD's only 5 int plus has 2 WR's with over 1000 yards as well. No game is an automatic win. Stephenville is a good football team I will admit that...but your over confidence maybe your down fall. If you think you are already 2013 State champ don't show up to the rest if your games and just show up at Jerry's world and see if you get the trophy.

Be prepared to be wowed again BullDawgDad. Burnet has shown they can play and are a pretty good football team. Brownwood is better than Burnet. End of story.

Cam
11-29-2013, 10:48 AM
Hey Burnet Fans is anyone going to be tailgating before the game. Me and about 15 others are planning on being about 2 hours early for a get together in the Home side parking lot.

My two boys and I may look for you....just depends on what time we leave Burnet....be safe!......

Cam
11-29-2013, 11:00 AM
Greendawg, what's the latest on your boy?....Still hiding in the blinds?....My boy wants to see him if he comes to the game........

83Indian
11-29-2013, 03:44 PM
I have Burnett winning against Cooper but losing to Stephenville. I think the Stephenville game Burnett will put up some points similar to the Wylie game last year but Ville wins by 2 td's. Good luck Burnett. You guys are having a great season. Anything can happen.

BullDawgDad
11-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Be prepared to be wowed again BullDawgDad. Burnet has shown they can play and are a pretty good football team. Brownwood is better than Burnet. End of story.

It will be hard to be wowed if you all end up losing to Big Spring...16 to 14 at half time!!!

bwdlionfan
11-29-2013, 09:36 PM

Brownwood was not better than Burnet. We won that game do to 2 kick returns for TD, one of them being a last second miracle.

I'm curious, is Stephenville sending scouts to the Burnet-Lubbock Cooper game tomorrow? Since it's in Brownwood I didn't know if Stephenville ISD would allow their coaches to scout it.

Bosqueville
11-29-2013, 09:45 PM
Brownwood was not better than Burnet. We won that game do to 2 kick returns for TD, one of them being a last second miracle.

I'm curious, is Stephenville sending scouts to the Burnet-Lubbock Cooper game tomorrow? Since it's in Brownwood I didn't know if Stephenville ISD would allow their coaches to scout it.

They'll watch from the fence.

BullDawgDad
11-29-2013, 09:46 PM

You can bet that Stephenville will be there!!!

Cam
11-29-2013, 11:03 PM
Car full of gas! Ready to go!.....Go Bulldogs!!

BullDawgDad
11-29-2013, 11:09 PM
Car full of gas! Ready to go!.....Go Bulldogs!!

Ready for the send off in the morning. Ready to keep this train a rollin'.

piratedad54
11-30-2013, 06:59 AM
Safe travels to all traveling from Burnet and all my Pirate faithful. Getting ready for a great game today. Lets go Pirates!!

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2013, 07:07 AM
Safe travels to all traveling from Burnet and all my Pirate faithful. Getting ready for a great game today. Lets go Pirates!!

Yay! Welcome! Spread the word up there. :)

hollywood
11-30-2013, 09:04 AM

Awesome! Welcome to the Downlow piratedad54! Safe travels.

hollywood
11-30-2013, 09:05 AM

Haha! Ok, Brownwood wasn't way better but better that night. Can't argue that.

hollywood
11-30-2013, 09:07 AM
You can bet that Stephenville will be there!!!

Well of course!! To me, I have other interests than just to see who Stephenville plays. I get to watch a fellow HS teammate coach up the Bulldogs against the Pirates. ;)

There were plenty of Burnet and Cooper scouts at the SV/BS game. Don't ya reckon?

Have never seen Cooper play don't know what to expect from them. I bet the road from Stephenville to Brownwood had a few Ville faithful on it today.

defense51
11-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Congrats to Cooper on the win, and to Burnet on a great season!

piratedad54
11-30-2013, 07:26 PM
What a game Burnet. Great group of young men you have. So proud of our Pirates. Lets get ready for next week Pirates.

ccmom
11-30-2013, 08:11 PM
What a game Burnet. Great group of young men you have. So proud of our Pirates. Lets get ready for next week Pirates.

Congrats to the Cooper Pirates and good luck next week!!

Congrats on a great season, Burnet.

Did someone say Cooper vs Ville will be at Shotwell?

vtskneb
11-30-2013, 08:14 PM
Congrats to the Cooper Pirates and good luck next week!!

Congrats on a great season, Burnet.

Did someone say Cooper vs Ville will be at Shotwell?

Jason did. I figured they would make us go to Sweetwater or Snyder. Haven't heard any confirmation.

Sville
11-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Sville vs Cooper 7:30p Friday Abilene Shotwell Stadium

Cam
11-30-2013, 08:30 PM

welcome aboard piratedad54!....where have you been all my life?....Or at least this past week??.....It was lonely on this board with no Cooper folks!.....just that dang hollywood!!.:D...Congrats on the Cooper win!....Good luck next week!
As for Burnet. Great season for sure! You guys laid a foundation to build on!!...can't wait for next year!...:2thumbsup

Cam
11-30-2013, 08:41 PM
The Daily Tribune (Marble Falls) game story:

http://www.dailytrib.com/2013/11/30/burnet-football-season-ends-third-round-loss-playoff-lubbock-cooper/

hollywood
11-30-2013, 08:47 PM
I made the 2nd half!! I actually got to the game at halftime. Went to the South end of endzone and didn't see Cam or BullDawgDad.... Unless I just missed you. I ended up standing at the top of the Burnet side stands on the south 40. I was in gray sweater, blue hat. Anyway, was looking forward to meeting some of the Burnet posters!

Congrats Lubbock Cooper on a great win for your program. Has Cooper ever been to the Regional Finals in football? Honest question.

Great season Burnet! I expected you guys to pull it out. Cooper's OL/DL were bigger and stronger. Difference in the game.

Well, looks like a Stephenville vs Lubbock Cooper match up!

Cam
11-30-2013, 09:12 PM
I made the 2nd half!! I actually got to the game at halftime. Went to the South end of endzone and didn't see Cam or BullDawgDad.... Unless I just missed you. I ended up standing at the top of the Burnet side stands on the south 40. I was in gray sweater, blue hat. Anyway, was looking forward to meeting some of the Burnet posters!

Congrats Lubbock Cooper on a great win for your program. Has Cooper ever been to the Regional Finals in football? Honest question.

Great season Burnet! I expected you guys to pull it out. Cooper's OL/DL were bigger and stronger. Difference in the game.

Well, looks like a Stephenville vs Lubbock Cooper match up!

Must have missed you.....my phone service was completely out so I wasn't able to get a hold of Greendawg...I figured he was looking for you too...I couldn't find him either.....I kept looking towards the scoreboard and never saw anybody....I guess BW airspace doesn't let Burnet phones work!.....my wife was ticked cause the game broadcast was going in and out and couldn't get a hold of me for updates....you were right next to me!!...I thought I was smellin' you!.......I was on the south side about the 35 and a few rows down from the top. Sittin' with my two boys. Was wearing a green hoodie.....about 4 or 5 Stephenville fellas were sittin' right behind us.....oh well, you'll just have to wait to give me a big hug some other time!!....:wave:.....oh I forgot to mention, I asked the Ville fellas if any of them were Hollywood!.....they looked at me like, "What the hell are you talkin' about!".....:doh:

hollywood
11-30-2013, 11:49 PM
Must have missed you.....my phone service was completely out so I wasn't able to get a hold of Greendawg...I figured he was looking for you too...I couldn't find him either.....I kept looking towards the scoreboard and never saw anybody....I guess BW airspace doesn't let Burnet phones work!.....my wife was ticked cause the game broadcast was going in and out and couldn't get a hold of me for updates....you were right next to me!!...I thought I was smellin' you!.......I was on the south side about the 35 and a few rows down from the top. Sittin' with my two boys. Was wearing a green hoodie.....about 4 or 5 Stephenville fellas were sittin' right behind us.....oh well, you'll just have to wait to give me a big hug some other time!!....:wave:.....oh I forgot to mention, I asked the Ville fellas if any of them were Hollywood!.....they looked at me like, "What the hell are you talkin' about!".....:doh:

Hahaha, that's funny! And kinda weird too.. This guy next me kept lookin at me funny. I kept wondering if it was Cam! I almost asked him but thought I'd get the same reaction. Anyway, too bad we didn't get to meet up.

Cam
12-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Hahaha, that's funny! And kinda weird too.. This guy next me kept lookin at me funny. I kept wondering if it was Cam! I almost asked him but thought I'd get the same reaction. Anyway, too bad we didn't get to meet up.

.....it was probably Greendawg!!!........

bulldog60
12-01-2013, 10:07 AM
I am very proud of the Burnet Bulldogs, great season. Great building block for the future. The crowd and fans were pumped and loud. Great showing. Cooper played a great ball control game. Hats off to them. The Cooper QB played with a lot of heart, he really wanted it.

Sville
12-01-2013, 03:27 PM
I would like to hear a break down of Cooper from some of the Burnet fans.

hollywood
12-01-2013, 05:23 PM

Me too!

I know this, their OL/DL are big and physical. They have a LB that is fast and can lay the wood! Saw some big hits yesterday from both teams.

Cam
12-01-2013, 10:28 PM

well, here's game story from Lubbock: http://lubbockonline.com/sports-high-school/sports-high-school-cooper/2013-11-30/cooper-makes-school-history-outlasts-burnet?v=1385880026#.Upvz0MSTjl

From a fan's viewpoint, and I'm no expert.....it looked to me the Cooper defense never let Burnet offfense get in sync. It seemed at times the corners were jamming our receivers at the line of scrimmage and throwing off the routes. QB Kiser at times did not have anyone open. I disagree with hollywood that their secondary was so-so...their secondary did well sticking with our receivers IMO. The Cooper pass rush was OK. But there were plenty of times Kiser had fine protection. Their D line was hard to move off the line. Our big back had trouble hitting whatever small holes were there. Our speed back (Foster) was effective when he ran the ball. I believe he was 7 for 77 with one long run. All in all, Cooper defense is very good. They play hard.
Cooper offense definitely revolves around their QB. Stanton Keane is one tough cookie. He plays with heart! He was not going to lose that game! #17 Dakota Gruben is a big fast back. I believe he had 154 yards on the ground. They love running up the middle. Their best lineman might be their center. Big strong kid! It really hurt Burnet not to have their starting nose guard for this game due to injury. And whatever kid (Ehlers??) threw that 60 yard TD on a trick play halfback pass could probably play QB! LOL....That was a nice ball!...That play was the difference in the game IMO..Cooper O-line did a fine job. Burnet did get a few sacks. But the O-line was steady and opened up the running lanes. Both QB Keane and RB Gruben don't need much room to go. QB can throw when needed. Strong arm. Salas appeared to be his favorite target. Overall, Cooper is just a hard working blue collar bunch! Nothing fancy...just smash-mouth....
Good luck to both teams. And may the winner enjoy the ride!....

Oh, and some Yellowjacket poster made a comment on this thread or another that Burnet "wasn't that good"....He must be related to poster Ville!..A cousin maybe??...:spitlol:....anyway, to his comment I say, "You're full of crap!".....Any team in the final 16 didn't get there by accident!....Cooper earned and deserved their victory!.......What a pendejo!!......

football8
12-01-2013, 10:42 PM
well, here's game story from Lubbock: http://lubbockonline.com/sports-high-school/sports-high-school-cooper/2013-11-30/cooper-makes-school-history-outlasts-burnet?v=1385880026#.Upvz0MSTjl

From a fan's viewpoint, and I'm no expert.....it looked to me the Cooper defense never let Burnet offfense get in sync. It seemed at times the corners were jamming our receivers at the line of scrimmage and throwing off the routes. QB Kiser at times did not have anyone open. I disagree with hollywood that their secondary was so-so...their secondary did well sticking with our receivers IMO. The Cooper pass rush was OK. But there were plenty of times Kiser had fine protection. Their D line was hard to move off the line. Our big back had trouble hitting whatever small holes were there. Our speed back (Foster) was effective when he ran the ball. I believe he was 7 for 77 with one long run. All in all, Cooper defense is very good. They play hard.
Cooper offense definitely revolves around their QB. Stanton Keane is one tough cookie. He plays with heart! He was not going to lose that game! #17 Dakota Gruben is a big fast back. I believe he had 154 yards on the ground. They love running up the middle. Their best lineman might be their center. Big strong kid! It really hurt Burnet not to have their starting nose guard for this game due to injury. And whatever kid (Ehlers??) threw that 60 yard TD on a trick play halfback pass could probably play QB! LOL....That was a nice ball!...That play was the difference in the game IMO..Cooper O-line did a fine job. Burnet did get a few sacks. But the O-line was steady and opened up the running lanes. Both QB Keane and RB Gruben don't need much room to go. QB can throw when needed. Strong arm. Salas appeared to be his favorite target. Overall, Cooper is just a hard working blue collar bunch! Nothing fancy...just smash-mouth....
Good luck to both teams. And may the winner enjoy the ride!....

Oh, and some Yellowjacket poster made a comment on this thread or another that Burnet "wasn't that good"....He must be related to poster Ville!..A cousin maybe??...:spitlol:....anyway, to his comment I say, "You're full of crap!".....Any team in the final 16 didn't get there by accident!....Cooper earned and deserved their victory!.......What a pendejo!!......

That post was not from a Ville poster, per se. I think it was D'highlander or something like that. I'm not going back to look but I don't think he is from the Ville. Although, he appears to be a fan of the Ville.

Cam
12-01-2013, 11:21 PM
That post was not from a Ville poster, per se. I think it was D'highlander or something like that. I'm not going back to look but I don't think he is from the Ville. Although, he appears to be a fan of the Ville.

Thanks football8.....I probably shouldn't even have mentioned it....It wasn't D'highlander.....he's a good guy!.......It was TXfootballboi or something goofy like that....again, I probably shouldn't have given him any more publicity....just defending the territory I guess....All these kids and teams work so hard to get where they're at...they don't need the negative stuff....

Tejastrue
12-02-2013, 12:22 AM
Cooper lost a total of 4 games last year by a grand sum of 4 points and missed the playoffs. Needless to say a tough year. They are hungry!!

D'Highlander
12-02-2013, 07:01 AM
I think it was D'highlander or something like that.

was not I... :tisk:

....It wasn't D'highlander.....he's a good guy!.......

aww... thanks Cammy :kiss:

Congrats to Burnet on a great season!

hollywood
12-02-2013, 10:33 PM

Just saying howdy. How are y'all doing? Hope all is well. Sure will miss you guys this week. Maybe we'll see ya next season in district!

greendawg84
12-03-2013, 08:21 AM

Just saying howdy. How are y'all doing? Hope all is well. Sure will miss you guys this week. Maybe we'll see ya next season in district!

Get back over to your own thread hollywood ! Could happen but I think we end up with Taylor , Fred , Lampasas , Burnet , Da Hill , Gatesville . JMHO . But who the heck knows how the UIL will look at it.

hollywood
12-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Get back over to your own thread hollywood ! Could happen but I think we end up with Taylor , Fred , Lampasas , Burnet , Da Hill , Gatesville . JMHO . But who the heck knows how the UIL will look at it.

Okay okay.

I agree greendawg84. Were you down on the track at halftime? I was there looking for Cam and some more green people. Saw the Shipley's down there.

Cam
12-03-2013, 10:32 AM

yep....I was really lookin' forward to some smack talk with the Jacket folk!.....I had more one liners prepared than ever before!!....Oh well, wasn't meant to be.....like Coach Jones said, "they (Cooper) had one more bullet in their gun"........I'm real excited about next year....that team will take it further than 3 rounds!.....you heard it here first!.....I'm going back to my knitting now.....:wave:

defense51
12-03-2013, 01:24 PM
yep....I was really lookin' forward to some smack talk with the Jacket folk!.....I had more one liners prepared than ever before!!....Oh well, wasn't meant to be.....like Coach Jones said, "they (Cooper) had one more bullet in their gun"........I'm real excited about next year....that team will take it further than 3 rounds!.....you heard it here first!.....I'm going back to my knitting now.....:wave:
Knit one, purl two

Cam
12-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Knit one, purl two

:eek:....I usually screw it all up!.....I'll go one loop from below, the next stitch from above....then I'll quit payin' attention...or get mixed up.....next thing ya know....I've got a beanie with a hole on the top!.......so it looks more like a headband!....:doh:

hollywood
12-03-2013, 11:53 PM
Thread has gone from football to knitting?!?! Whoa, I'm outa here!

Adios amigo Camillo!! :wave:

greendawg84
12-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Okay okay.

I agree greendawg84. Were you down on the track at halftime? I was there looking for Cam and some more green people. Saw the Shipley's down there.

I went to the south endzone by the cedar trees , did see anybody and CAM has that can and string phone so went back to my fine seat on the 10 yard line . What happens when you get there late !