11TARPON
11-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Good defensive hold.

Roughneck93
11-24-2013, 05:17 PM
Nice drive...

Bullaholic
11-24-2013, 05:18 PM
If Romo doesn't get center pressure---he will beat you. Good to see.

Roughneck93
11-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Damn, huge penalty right there.

Bullaholic
11-24-2013, 05:27 PM
Whole lot of floppin' going on in the NFL nowadays. Saw Cam Newton do it succesfully in the Carolina game earlier on a late "hit" on the sidelines and drew the penalty. He came up laughing. Officials need to look for this behavior more.

Farmersfan
11-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Seems like the refs have decided that the Giants need to win this game. Several huge (questionable) calls have gone against the Cowboys to keep the Giants alive.....

Bullaholic
11-24-2013, 06:10 PM
'Pokes sure missing Lee in the middle...

Macarthur
11-24-2013, 06:11 PM
Big time.

Bullaholic
11-24-2013, 06:20 PM
I think Coughlin is going to lose his mind....:D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2013, 06:23 PM
I think Coughlin is going to lose his mind....:Dyep Lets Go Cowboys!

Roughneck93
11-24-2013, 06:24 PM
:clap:

Bullaholic
11-24-2013, 06:25 PM
TD Old Reliable....

Roughneck93
11-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Wow, are you kidding me...:dispntd:

Bullaholic
11-24-2013, 06:37 PM
What a heads up defensive play by the Cowboys high school defenders....

Cam
11-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Just a little game stress relief:

Two guys show up in Heaven at the same time. The first guy says he froze to death, and the second guy tells him that he died of a heart attack.

"How did that happen?" asks the first guy.

"Well, I came home and thought I heard my wife with another man. But when I searched the house, I couldn't find anybody. I was so stricken with remorse for wrongly accusing my wife of infidelity, I had a heart attack and died on the spot."

"Geez," says the first guy. "If you'd opened the fridge, we'd both be alive right now!":doh:

Roughneck93
11-24-2013, 06:50 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Fbn7kFdnpAA/UpKOKM5JE0I/AAAAAAAAD5A/1Xs5K7i1XLo/s1600/brtd.gif

Roughneck93
11-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Hatcher!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2013, 06:56 PM
Come on Romo need atleast a fg in this drive.

Bullaholic
11-24-2013, 06:58 PM
Miles Austin still play for the Cowboys?

Farmersfan
11-24-2013, 07:03 PM
The next time Dez Bryant raises hell on the sidelines at someone he needs his ass knocked out!!!! I'm really learning to hate that guy.....

Bullaholic
11-24-2013, 07:05 PM
The next time Dez Bryant raises hell on the sidelines at someone he needs his ass knocked out!!!! I'm really learning to hate that guy.....

Dez could only be mad at Dez on that play, Farmer---I think it is just frustration and Bryant is still too immature to control it.

Farmersfan
11-24-2013, 07:14 PM
Dez could only be mad at Dez on that play, Farmer---I think it is just frustration and Bryant is still too immature to control it.

He makes more mental errors than any player on the team. And I'm not talking about his frustration in this game. I'm talking about how he acts in other games when other players make mistakes....

Farmersfan
11-24-2013, 07:18 PM
The offense has sputtered repeatedly with great field position and now the defense will final give up a score and we will have to listen to people blame the defense for a week for the loss.... All I can do is shake my head with this offense..

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2013, 07:18 PM
once again a down to wire game for the Cowboys

Bullaholic
11-24-2013, 07:19 PM
Somebody please tell me that the Cowboys have not figured out how to lose another game to a another sub-par opponent in which they had a decent lead.

Bullaholic
11-24-2013, 07:29 PM
C'mon FG---Bailey should be gold....

Farmersfan
11-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Somebody please tell me that the Cowboys have not figured out how to lose another game to a another sub-par opponent in which they had a decent lead.

Looking good so far! I hope they don't get too conservative now that they are in Giants territory. A long FG for the win will cost me a aneurysm!

Farmersfan
11-24-2013, 07:36 PM
What the hell is Garrett doing? That was a catch. He has to challenge it.....

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2013, 07:37 PM
YES!! line it up for the fg as time runs out

Bullaholic
11-24-2013, 07:40 PM
Whew! I'll take the "W"...Go Cowboys!

Roughneck93
11-24-2013, 07:40 PM
http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/whew-smiley.gif...Awesome!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2013, 07:41 PM
C'mon FG---Bailey should be gold....

:2thumbsup :thumbsup: = :cheerl:

Macarthur
11-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Glad we won but we got hosed on that Dez catch. Can't believe that wasn't reviewed.

11TARPON
11-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Great drive. Good bye to Giants playoff hopes.

Roughneck93
11-24-2013, 07:44 PM
Glad we won but we got hosed on that Dez catch. Can't believe that wasn't reviewed.

Damn Calvin Johnson Rule...

Tejastrue
11-24-2013, 07:46 PM
What the hell is Garrett doing? That was a catch. He has to challenge it..... No coaches' challenge flag in last 2 minutes. Booth review only.

lv2937
11-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Can't challenge it in the last 3 minutes of the game.

PhiI C
11-24-2013, 07:54 PM

Still the officials should have reviewed it but maybe pros are different.

PhiI C
11-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Way to go Cowboys!

full circle
11-24-2013, 08:50 PM
big win for the boys. Clutch drive by Romo. LINEBEACKERS non-existent! I started watching them early and they were bad, never got off a block, it was like they were't there, giants rb pops through d-line and it was on to the secondary. I hate to be negative, cause cowboys were clutch today...., but Dez Bryant seems to be able to find a way to mess up, ALOT. He did have around 10 catches for 100 yds, but how many drops,fumbles, ball through hands getting intercepted. He aint no Michael Irvin . Getting lee back is gonna be huge, another big game Thursday.

PappaFeelGood
11-24-2013, 09:01 PM
Squeaker...... I must admit Romo makes me a bit nervous throwing the ball late in a game. Oh well win is a win. GO COWBOYS!!!

bobcat1
11-24-2013, 09:08 PM
I am still in shock. They did it. Our defense could not stop the run today. We sure miss Sean Lee. We need a big body in the middle to compliment Hatcher and 2 new defensive ends that can get off blocks. Ernie Sims and Wilbur aren't starter material for sure. BW Webb needs to never be on the field. What a bone head play by Heath and Carter. How many Hamstring injuries are we going to have this year? Claiborne can't stay on the field a whole game. Surprised Miles isn't hamstrung too.

regaleagle
11-24-2013, 09:18 PM
Unfortunately it's come down to this after 10 years of wallowing in the mud with the rest of the NFL also-rans. Cowboys fans are now just happy to see a win, albeit it against the Giants tonite in a big one that the team needed. But that's exactly what I'm talking about. And for those of you that are Romo-haters, no qb is responsible for all these years that the Cowboys have been floundering. And no qb is responsible for poor defense. And no qb is responsible for some of the bonehead plays that other high-paid players make. And no qb is responsible for the injuries that happen to some of the key starters that keep happening year in and year out. Does this sound like a thriving NFL franchise or a broken record???

OOPS>>>>I almost forgot....some of you don't know what a "broken record" is, LOL.

Eagle 1
11-24-2013, 11:29 PM

That's the point in the game where most challenges are needed.

I'm still shocked over the win.

Tejastrue
11-25-2013, 12:32 AM
Can't challenge it in the last 3 minutes of the game. I guess I should have said "the last few minutes". lol. Stupid rule. The booth obviously saw this. Maybe they were based in NY.

bobcat1
11-25-2013, 07:56 AM
I agree. That was definitely a catch without question.

cougartino
11-25-2013, 08:42 AM
An ugly win is like an ugly girl. An ugly girl can still give you "stuff." A loss is like no girl where you can't get anything.

GrTigers6
11-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Too me this was not an ugly win. To beat the giants on a four game win streak in NY in those conditions can not be considered ugly. Yes they started out slow and gave up a big lead at the end but they showed poise and came back and won it.

Farmersfan
11-25-2013, 09:21 AM
No coaches' challenge flag in last 2 minutes. Booth review only.

Yea I realized this after I had already vented to you guys. Garrett actually called a timeout in order to give the booth the opportunity to review it. Nothing they could have done I guess.

Farmersfan
11-25-2013, 09:34 AM
Too me this was not an ugly win. To beat the giants on a four game win streak in NY in those conditions can not be considered ugly. Yes they started out slow and gave up a big lead at the end but they showed poise and came back and won it.

Did you see the 4 QBs that Giants team had beaten the last 4 weeks? The Giants are probably one of the worse teams in the NFL right now. It was a huge win in the Cowboy's race to win the NFC East but again, winning the NFC East is about as low a goal as any NFL team could set. I don't think this Cowboy team should be in a "baby Steps" kind of mentality. This team has been building and rebuilding for 2 decades..................... On another note: How irritating is it that the Texans will probably get the #1 pick in the NFL draft? The Cowboys struggle every season for a 8-8 record and a draft pick in the back of the pack and the Texans who have been head and shoulders above Dallas the past 2 seasons will now tank the rest of the season and pick up the next NFL superstar. The Cowboys will win just enough for Jerry to say "Just a few lucky breaks and this would have been a much different season so why make a bunch of changes?" :flaming: Hell, he has already said J. Garrett is safe for next season!

GrTigers6
11-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Did you see the 4 QBs that Giants team had beaten the last 4 weeks? The Giants are probably one of the worse teams in the NFL right now. It was a huge win in the Cowboy's race to win the NFC East but again, winning the NFC East is about as low a goal as any NFL team could set. I don't think this Cowboy team should be in a "baby Steps" kind of mentality. This team has been building and rebuilding for 2 decades..................... On another note: How irritating is it that the Texans will probably get the #1 pick in the NFL draft? The Cowboys struggle every season for a 8-8 record and a draft pick in the back of the pack and the Texans who have been head and shoulders above Dallas the past 2 seasons will now tank the rest of the season and pick up the next NFL superstar. The Cowboys will win just enough for Jerry to say "Just a few lucky breaks and this would have been a much different season so why make a bunch of changes?" :flaming: Hell, he has already said J. Garrett is safe for next season!Yes I did see the qb's they faced but the QB doesn't play defense. They still had to play better to win. Yes they are not as good as they have been in the past but NY is a tough place to win especially when you throw in the elements of the weather. Did I want them to perform better sure but I still wont call this an ugly win. And by the way How does that Ram win look Now?

Macarthur
11-25-2013, 09:51 AM
I don't like qualifying wins. It's hard to win in the nfl, especially on the road, in the division and in bad weather. That was a gutsy win. The type of win that this organization has failed to get in many years past.

I'm not saying they are headed to the SB but if they beat oak, they are 7-5 and undefeated in the division. Gives them a good shot at the division and they host a playoff game.

Farmersfan
11-25-2013, 09:54 AM
I don't like qualifying wins. It's hard to win in the nfl, especially on the road, in the division and in bad weather. That was a gutsy win. The type of win that this organization has failed to get in many years past.

I'm not saying they are headed to the SB but if they beat oak, they are 7-5 and undefeated in the division. Gives them a good shot at the division and they host a playoff game.

And based on how decimated the defense has been I guess that is something to hang our hats on......

Macarthur
11-25-2013, 10:03 AM
And based on how decimated the defense has been I guess that is something to hang our hats on......

Agree. This was a gutsy win. I think you can celebrate a gutsy win and not be fooled into drinking the SB koolaid.

This is a weird league. Indy has had two 30+ point loses in the last couple of weeks. TB is now winning. Carolina is the hottest team in the league. Denver blows a 24 point lead. GB is in big trouble.

It's just a strange league that is week to week.

GrTigers6
11-25-2013, 10:51 AM
This team definitely needs to learn how to catch the stinking football. Dez, Miles and Witten

Txbroadcaster
11-25-2013, 11:08 AM
This team definitely needs to learn how to catch the stinking football. Dez, Miles and Witten

Ever seen a WR have such a bad 9 catches for 102 yards as Bryant did LOL..geez it was a strange game for him

GrTigers6
11-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Ever seen a WR have such a bad 9 catches for 102 yards as Bryant did LOL..geez it was a strange game for him

Yeah, exactly. I still think they need a tip category on INT's because that was no way Romo's fault

Bullaholic
11-25-2013, 12:05 PM
Everybody agrees on Dez's talent, but he has got to start using it and his head like an NFL pro instead of a highschooler. Make sure of the ball, play hard and stay cool, and take the gains on clutch plays without being too careless while trying to score on every play. I watched Beasley take care of business on his clutch catch near the end of the game yesterday---both arms wrapped tightly around the ball before going down. NFL defenders can and will strip the ball on any ball carrier on every play---they have gotten that good at it.

Macarthur
11-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Everybody agrees on Dez's talent, but he has got to start using it and his head like an NFL pro instead of a highschooler. Make sure of the ball, play hard and stay cool, and take the gains on clutch plays without being too careless while trying to score on every play. I watched Beasley take care of business on his clutch catch near the end of the game yesterday---both arms wrapped tightly around the ball before going down. NFL defenders can and will strip the ball on any ball carrier on every play---they have gotten that good at it.

Beasley got bailed out on a fumble with a penalty.

Dez had a bad day but let's not get crazy. The dude is an immense talent and they probably don't win that game yesterday without him.

GrTigers6
11-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Beasley got bailed out on a fumble with a penalty.

Dez had a bad day but let's not get crazy. The dude is an immense talent and they probably don't win that game yesterday without him.

I agree but without that 20 yard fumble we would have probably won it by a larger margin because we were on a roll that drive like the first TD drive.
Also someone please tell harris that on punt returns we run up the field and not backwards:doh:

regaleagle
11-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Somebody needs to tell the Cowboys coaches there is a thing called discipline that seems to be nonexistent on this team. It's very obvious with the bonehead penalties that keep happening and some of the ball-handling you see from the players. It's tough enough to win in the NFL each week as it is without these kinds of mistakes helping your opponent. When added up over a season, the teams that minimize these types of mistakes and play more disciplined football win more games....Mathematics 101.

Macarthur
11-25-2013, 01:22 PM
I agree but without that 20 yard fumble we would have probably won it by a larger margin because we were on a roll that drive like the first TD drive.
Also someone please tell harris that on punt returns we run up the field and not backwards:doh:

Look, I'm more upset with the drops.
The defensive player hit the ball perfectly. That happens in football. In case you forgot, Dallas got a TD on a forced fumble on a wr. Go back and look at cruz's stat line.

I get the frustration but we also need to look at the big picture here. Dez is a beast. Hey, megatron had two mistakes yesterday that cost Detroit a loss.

Farmersfan
11-25-2013, 01:23 PM

I can't tell how lame it is to simply SUBTRACT Dez from the equation yesterday and then judge his impact on the game vs. what the team would have been like without him. He's their only #1 receiver so of course the team would be much less effective without him. Let me ask you this: What would Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, DeSean Jackson or any of the other top 10 or 15 receivers have done in Dez's place yesterday? Then evaluate his mistakes against that. I suspect Dez's contribution to yesterday's win would be much less impressive under the correct comparison....

Macarthur
11-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Somebody needs to tell the Cowboys coaches there is a thing called discipline that seems to be nonexistent on this team. It's very obvious with the bonehead penalties that keep happening and some of the ball-handling you see from the players. It's tough enough to win in the NFL each week as it is without these kinds of mistakes helping your opponent. When added up over a season, the teams that minimize these types of mistakes and play more disciplined football win more games....Mathematics 101.

In case you haven't noticed, it's not just a Cowboy's issue. Hell, the Giants had some major bone headed plays last night. Look at how the Broncos lost.

I think you are seeing more of this because with the new collective bargaining agreement, teams can't practice as much. Therefore you have more mistakes.

Macarthur
11-25-2013, 01:26 PM
I can't tell how lame it is to simply SUBTRACT Dez from the equation yesterday and then judge his impact on the game vs. what the team would have been like without him. He's their only #1 receiver so of course the team would be much less effective without him. Let me ask you this: What would Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, DeSean Jackson or any of the other top 10 or 15 receivers have done in Dez's place yesterday? Then evaluate his mistakes against that. I suspect Dez's contribution to yesterday's win would be much less impressive under the correct comparison....

Calvin cost his team the game yesterday.

Dez is better than Marshall and 10x better than deshean Jackson.

GrTigers6
11-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Look, I'm more upset with the drops.
The defensive player hit the ball perfectly. That happens in football. In case you forgot, Dallas got a TD on a forced fumble on a wr. Go back and look at cruz's stat line.

I get the frustration but we also need to look at the big picture here. Dez is a beast. Hey, megatron had two mistakes yesterday that cost Detroit a loss.I agree Dez is a beast. But he needs to learn when to go down and when he can fight for yards. too many times he has a first down made and then fighting for more he ends up losing the first down or the ball and then we end up punting. I know I am asking for a lot but would I pull him if he continues these types of plays? Hell no! He has more positive than negative and what he can do with the ball when he gets it is amazing at times

Macarthur
11-25-2013, 01:34 PM
I agree Dez is a beast. But he needs to learn when to go down and when he can fight for yards. too many times he has a first down made and then fighting for more he ends up losing the first down or the ball and then we end up punting. I know I am asking for a lot but would I pull him if he continues these types of plays? Hell no! He has more positive than negative and what he can do with the ball when he gets it is amazing at times

I'm sure the coaches are talking to him about this. And I know it's frustrating but how do you tell him to stop competing?

And again, Beasley had a fumble too. Why are we not killing Beasley?

caleb_mccaig
11-25-2013, 01:40 PM
I'm sure the coaches are talking to him about this. And I know it's frustrating but how do you tell him to stop competing?

I love Dez to death. I think he's a top five WR in the league but the reason we aren't calling for Beasley's head is because he hasn't done that before. Dez has lost the ball probably more than five times in his career fighting for extra yards. Every time he breaks a tackle I seriously start praying he'll just go down. I love the fact that he won't go down and that he has the ability to break those tackles but it's like he can only use one ability at one time. If he breaks a tackle his ability to hold on to the ball disappears.

You would think the coaching staff would have fixed this problem by now but it doesn't look like it will ever be fixed unless Tiki Barber becomes friends with Dez. Like I said, I love Dez and he's our best player, I just wish he could hold onto the ball.

GrTigers6
11-25-2013, 01:41 PM

Oh iwas calling him out yesterday I promise you! Along with Carter and Heath for their bonehead non tackle that got the giants on a roll

Bullaholic
11-25-2013, 01:46 PM

Big diff between being separated from the ball occasionally, and being unnecessarily reckless and losing the ball in several games.

Macarthur
11-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Big diff between being separated from the ball occasionally, and being unnecessarily reckless and losing the ball in several games.

Dez has two fumbles on 61 catches this year.

Harry Douglas - 60-2
Decker - 55-2
Julio jones. - 41-2
James jones. - 34-2
A Jeffery. - 58-2
Roddy white. - 20-2.

Of all the guys w two fumbles on the year, Dez has 2 fumbles on the most catches.

Bullaholic
11-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Dez has two fumbles on 61 catches this year.

Harry Douglas - 60-2
Decker - 55-2
Julio jones. - 41-2
James jones. - 34-2
A Jeffery. - 58-2
Roddy white. - 20-2.

Of all the guys w two fumbles on the year, Dez has 2 fumbles on the most catches. Stats don't take into account fumbles that were recovered by the Cowboys.

Spursfan
11-25-2013, 03:05 PM
I always think they should throw more to him! Throw it up and let him go up and get it!!!

Macarthur
11-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Neither do the other players, bull.

I'm not saying we should ignore it but I think there is a bit of overreaction.

Bullaholic
11-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Neither do the other players, bull.

I'm not saying we should ignore it but I think there is a bit of overreaction.

Again, mac---how is it an overreaction to be critical of a young player with arguably star playing qualities who continues to exhibit immature decision-making behavior on the field, and out of control rants that no one understands, but tolerates,on the sidelines? Young man needs to learn how to be a pro playing a pro game for pro stakes.

Macarthur
11-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Again, mac---how is it an overreaction to be critical of a young player with arguably star playing qualities who continues to exhibit immature decision-making behavior on the field, and out of control rants that no one understands, but tolerates,on the sidelines? Young man needs to learn how to be a pro playing a pro game for pro stakes.

Its okay to be critical but what I'm saying is that you need to have some perspective as well. If Dez was the biggest problem on this team, they would be in a hell of a lot better shape than 6-5.

Bullaholic
11-25-2013, 03:59 PM
Its okay to be critical but what I'm saying is that you need to have some perspective as well. If Dez was the biggest problem on this team, they would be in a hell of a lot better shape than 6-5.

Mac--pay closer attention--I didn't say Dez Bryant was the only, or biggest, problem on the Cowboys team. I said he has an immaturity problem that he can't control and that needs correction for him to realize his full potential as an NFL impact player. I don't think that statement is a revelation to the Cowboy coaching staff or anyone who follows the Cowboys.

Macarthur
11-25-2013, 04:31 PM
I Think Dez has made quite a bit of progress.

Bullaholic
11-25-2013, 04:37 PM
I Think Dez has made quite a bit of progress.

On that we agree. Neither Dez's off field behavior or his media statements have been problems of late, and that is a great deal of improvement.

Eagle 1
11-25-2013, 04:53 PM

I can't believe you included Witten.
On second thought, I can. :crazy:

GrTigers6
11-26-2013, 05:50 AM
I can't believe you included Witten.
On second thought, I can. :crazy:

I included Witten because he has more drops this year than any other receiver. SO I obviously included him.

ronwx5x
11-26-2013, 07:14 AM
I included Witten because he has more drops this year than any other receiver. SO I obviously included him.

And where did you obtain that statistic?

GrTigers6
11-26-2013, 07:25 AM
And where did you obtain that statistic?

I watch every game

GrTigers6
11-26-2013, 07:35 AM
Don't take it wrong. Im not knocking Witten just saying he needs to do a better job catching the ball especially on 3rd downs. But that goes for all of them

ronwx5x
11-26-2013, 07:53 AM
I watch every game

So does FarmersFan and he blames it all on Tony Romo.

Farmersfan
11-26-2013, 12:18 PM
So does FarmersFan and he blames it all on Tony Romo.

Why is everybody always picking on me!!!! :crying:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Why is everybody always picking on me!!!! :crying:

don't think you ever mention anything bad about Romo this past game, might be a first.

full circle
11-26-2013, 03:36 PM
I thought Bryant had made incredible progress and had turned the corner, and then he had the Detroit game where he mouthed off about being able to do anything Calvin Johnson can. I think he has taken some backward steps since that game

Macarthur
11-26-2013, 04:54 PM
I think you need to go back and Reread. Dez did not pop off. He was asked a question and he answered it.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9861941/dez-bryant-dallas-cowboys-do-calvin-johnson-detroit-lions-do

This is another example of how you have to be careful in just listening to the talking heads and just reading headlines. Dez said absolutely nothing controversial.

Eagle 1
11-26-2013, 10:11 PM

Romo hit Jason Witten on TDs of 20 and 2 yards.

If you find a stat on dropped balls, I would like to see it.

Witten:

51 REC

569 YDS

11.2 AVG

6 TDS

GrTigers6
11-27-2013, 06:58 AM
I never said he wa playing bad just had some drops. Plus that doesn't prove much considering the game that Dez had after the drops and fumble. You can have drops and still be productive

full circle
11-27-2013, 10:44 AM
Read the article and still think that he got caught up in that comparison and since that game has been on a different course

BB BULLS
11-27-2013, 10:57 AM
Read the article and still think that he got caught up in that comparison and since that game has been on a different course

as long as they keep winning i dont care how any of them act. things always come around for those that act like knuckle heads

Farmersfan
11-27-2013, 11:11 AM
don't think you ever mention anything bad about Romo this past game, might be a first.

That's because they won. If the Giants had held Romo on that final drive and the Cowboys had lost that game there would have been MANY on this forum who would place 100% of the blame on the defense. At that point I would have posted how Romo and the offense failed so often in this game. Romo certainly wasn't perfect and finished with a 84 QB rating. His 23 out of 38 for 234 passing yards INCLUDES the long final drive for the game winning TD so without that drive his day would have been pretty bad and I would have been throwing him under the bus. It isn't possible for the offense to score 17 points and lose where it isn't in a large part the fault of the QB. Not just Romo but any QB. I've said many, many times: Any offense must score 21 points or more or it will lose about 99% of the time.

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2013, 11:16 AM
That's because they won. If the Giants had held Romo on that final drive and the Cowboys had lost that game there would have been MANY on this forum who would place 100% of the blame on the defense. At that point I would have posted how Romo and the offense failed so often in this game. Romo certainly wasn't perfect and finished with a 84 QB rating. His 23 out of 38 for 234 passing yards INCLUDES the long final drive for the game winning TD so without that drive his day would have been pretty bad and I would have been throwing him under the bus. It isn't possible for the offense to score 17 points and lose where it isn't in a large part the fault of the QB. Not just Romo but any QB. I've said many, many times: Any offense must score 21 points or more or it will lose about 99% of the time.

lol your funny

Macarthur
11-27-2013, 12:43 PM

Norm on the post game mentioned that he counted 6 drops. If so, that puts romo at about 29 for 38 and close to 300 yards. Also, the int hit Dez right in the hand. And let's not forget the Dez fumble that cost them yards and most likely points. The int prob cost points too.

So conservatively, romo would have had a rating of about 115 with those variables above compensated for. And the offense would have put up between 23-30 points. A division game, in bad weather and on the road. I actually think romo played one of his better games of the year. The rating thing can be deceiving too because Eli had a better rating than tony but Eli pretty much sucked.

But of course, you fully admit you go into every game with a bias against tony before he ever takes a snap. :)

Eagle 1
11-27-2013, 02:09 PM
During the game the announcers talked about Romo's qb rating during the final minutes of most of his games. I don't recall what they said it was, but it was very low. This pretty much sums up his career. When the game is on the line, he is not the guy you want to lead your team down the field. Ironically he got it done on Sunday.

bobcat1
11-27-2013, 02:32 PM
During the game the announcers talked about Romo's qb rating during the final minutes of most of his games. I don't recall what they said it was, but it was very low. This pretty much sums up his career. When the game is on the line, he is not the guy you want to lead your team down the field. Ironically he got it done on Sunday.
It was a 74 if I recall tight

Macarthur
11-27-2013, 04:36 PM

Funny though that he has the highest QB rating in the history of the league in the 4th quarter.

And since 2011, he has more game winning drives than anyone in the league. So that pretty much shoots your theory all to hell.

But facts donr matter to the anti-romo contingent.

Macarthur
11-27-2013, 05:01 PM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/tony-romo-clutch-november-december/

Btw, I've been looking for that 74 stat for 2 days and can't find it.

bobcat1
11-27-2013, 06:21 PM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/tony-romo-clutch-november-december/

Btw, I've been looking for that 74 stat for 2 days and can't find it.

I said if I recall right. I did hear them say that. I don't know where they got that stat. Seems like it said if the Cowboys were behind by 7 or less.

Eagle 1
11-27-2013, 07:05 PM
Funny though that he has the highest QB rating in the history of the league in the 4th quarter.

And since 2011, he has more game winning drives than anyone in the league. So that pretty much shoots your theory all to hell.

But facts donr matter to the anti-romo contingent.

Not my theory, but if you listened to the game on tv you would have heard it too.
Again, they were talking about his ratings in the final minutes of the game.

Macarthur
11-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Not my theory, but if you listened to the game on tv you would have heard it too.
Again, they were talking about his ratings in the final minutes of the game.

I heard it. And I've been looking for that and can't find it. It doesn't make sense that someone that has the highest 4th quarter rating in history and the most 4th quarter and OT wins in the last 3 years would have that rating. Not saying he was lying, I just can't find any support of it.

Macarthur
11-28-2013, 09:59 AM
BTW, romo is on the cover of this weeks SI. This exact subject. He's one of the better QBs in the league yet gets very little respect.

Of course, now the SI curse will hit us know. :(

Roughneck93
11-28-2013, 03:30 PM
BTW, romo is on the cover of this weeks SI. This exact subject. He's one of the better QBs in the league yet gets very little respect.

Of course, now the SI curse will hit us know. :(

Nooo...:foul: