YTBulldogs
11-23-2013, 02:08 AM
*Victoria Memorial Stadium
Saturday, Nov 30th
6PM

*per UIL site

Pudlugger
11-23-2013, 02:13 AM
Gonzales will roll on over RF. Apache's are too much for RF. Gonzales by 14.

fire_it_up
11-23-2013, 02:19 AM
The Tribe is hitting at just the right time. They'll play hard and come out on top of this one too.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2013, 02:28 AM
Rockport Fulton had pretty much packed it in after getting beat by Orange Grove 55-3 and were trailing Robstown 20-7 to start the 4th qtr in a game that was going to be for the 4th playoff spot.

Since that point Rockport Fulton has played a lot better, they went on to win in last seconds of that Robstown game 30-27 and have suprised both teams they've beaten in the playoffs.

Didn't expect them to get past the first or 2nd round but they did and have earned it and will represent District 30 well win or lose.

99IHSMustang
11-23-2013, 02:30 AM
Rockport Fulton had pretty much packed it in after getting beat by Orange Grove 55-3 and were trailing Robstown 20-7 to start the 4th qtr in a game that was going to be for the 4th playoff spot. Since that point Rockport Fulton has played a lot better, they went on to win in last seconds of that Robstown game 30-27 and have surprised both teams they've beaten in the playoffs. Didn't expect them to get past the first round but they're there and have earned it and will represent District 30 well win or lose.

:iagree:

pacdaddy
11-23-2013, 02:36 AM
Gonzales will roll on over RF. Apache's are too much for RF. Gonzales by 14.

Thanks pud, but at this stage we can not take any team lightly. We will spend the rest of next week getting ready for RF. I just got to say two things, our D is a beast and our O is amazing. Way to go guys. Keep the pound on that is the key to our success. Also congrats to our coaches to a well planned game. Keep doing the good work.

GO Apaches!!!!!!

99IHSMustang
11-23-2013, 02:45 AM
Regardless if RF wins or losses, then have definitely stepped up there play for the playoffs. I will be rooting for them.

pacdaddy
11-23-2013, 02:47 AM
Regardless if RF wins or losses, then have definitely stepped up there play for the playoffs. I will be rooting for them.

That is wonderful.

Snotbubbles
11-23-2013, 04:18 PM
UIL had reported FB beat GZ, 52-44. Boy, they really missed slotted a game score, huh?

Gontex
11-23-2013, 04:22 PM
UIL had reported FB beat GZ, 52-44. Boy, they really missed slotted a game score, huh?

That means some idiot misreported the score.

Snotbubbles
11-23-2013, 04:24 PM
That means some idiot misreported the score.

No, could be someone just slotted another score in the wrong place. It's fixed now. No biggy.

Snotbubbles
11-23-2013, 04:26 PM
No, could be someone just slotted another score in the wrong place. It's fixed now. No biggy.

well, maybe it isn't according to their link. Does have ya'll moving on though. Just shows FB winning 40-35.

http://www.uiltexas.org/football/playoff-brackets/3AD1

I assume ya'll really won 19-7?

Pudlugger
11-23-2013, 04:45 PM
That was the Cuero win over Navarro LOL.

Does Huey Chancellor who coached at Bellville a few years back now coach RF? He was a good coach if not somewhat controversial. He went to 4a Pine Tree where coaches go to die last I heard.

Gontex
11-23-2013, 05:53 PM

The score was posted before the game was even over. BTW, I didn't see a 40-35 score posted anywhere else.

zebrablue2
11-23-2013, 07:40 PM
That was the Cuero win over Navarro LOL.

Does Huey Chancellor who coached at Bellville a few years back now coach RF? He was a good coach if not somewhat controversial. He went to 4a Pine Tree where coaches go to die last I heard.

He is the coach at RF! Has done a good job with a team that had MANY injuries this season..

Gontex
11-24-2013, 07:04 AM
Is there any chance that Filla, the big Apache lineman who went down in the first game against Victoria East, may get to see the field? I know the injury was bad enough that he needed surgery, but it has been at least three months now. Don't know how long it takes to rehab that kind of injury. All I know is the Apaches could sure use him back if they continue on.

Scoop27
11-24-2013, 08:45 AM
Going with the Apaches-After losing to Smithville-they bounced back with big wins over Bellville and Fredricksburg. They are on a roll and playing with confidence

pacdaddy
11-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Going with the Apaches-After losing to Smithville-they bounced back with big wins over Bellville and Fredricksburg. They are on a roll and playing with confidence

Thanks Scoop. Yes they are on a roll and they will keep it up. Be aware of the tribe. Take them lightly and they will make you pay.

Pudlugger
11-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Thanks Scoop. Yes they are on a roll and they will keep it up. Be aware of the tribe. Take them lightly and they will make you pay.

Well it looks very possible that the Apaches and Leps might get a re-match if we both can pull out another win Friday. I will be pulling for yall right up until then. :D

44INAROW
11-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Well it looks very possible that the Apaches and Leps might get a re-match if we both can pull out another win Friday. I will be pulling for yall right up until then. :D

👏🏈. You mean from weak D26🙈. 🙉🙊
Good luck to you both this week!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

iFootball
11-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Would be great to see a LaGrange-Gonzales rematch.

Pudlugger
11-24-2013, 07:39 PM
RF has some darn good receivers leading in their district and pretty high in R4. Cuero better prepare for pass defense in this one.

Pudlugger
11-24-2013, 07:40 PM
Would be great to see a LaGrange-Gonzales rematch.

Got some work to do first iFootball, but yes it would.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2013, 07:49 PM
RF has some darn good receivers leading in their district and pretty high in R4. Cuero better prepare for pass defense in this one.

Rockport Fulton since joining 3a few years ago kept a 4a schedule in pre district has hurt them each year coming into district with lots of injuries. Same thing this year, but their qb is back and he's pretty good as a runner and throws the ball pretty good. Big question mark is their defense, they shut down a high power offense in Kingsville this past game but did the weather help out or are they peaking. RF keep suprising, will be another big surprise if they can stay in the game.

Snotbubbles
11-25-2013, 11:07 AM
I caught the first half of the GZ opener at Victoria East (was over by then, LOL) and noticed they don't travel well. Fan base wise. Don't assume they will bring many more this visit (maybe less with it being a holiday) to Memorial Std.

Anyone know how Rockport travels? Could be a waste of a stadium. Sinton/Cuero game would of been perfect here instead. Refugio, Cuero might have been ideal for this GZ/RF game.

pirate4state
11-25-2013, 11:09 AM

Huh??? Cuero doesn't play Rockport...

This will be a tough game for Rockport...hopefully they can make it a game. Good luck fellow Pirates!~

44INAROW
11-25-2013, 11:26 AM

Pud - :vrycnfsd: you must need a nap or some coffee :) Gonzo is playing RF :sleeping: sorry, couldn't resist :)

Pudlugger
11-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Pud - :vrycnfsd: you must need a nap or some coffee :) Gonzo is playing RF :sleeping: sorry, couldn't resist :)

Oh my. I stopped drinking coffee three weeks ago and look at this! Of course I meant Gonzales :D.

pacdaddy
11-25-2013, 11:58 AM
Monday is here and its time for some good game planning against another good team. Let it be known, we will be very beastly on D and will not fold. Our O line will come in with some good smash mouth planing. Don't forget we pound and pound and pound and more pound.:clap:

regaleagle
11-25-2013, 12:27 PM
If Gonzo can beat a pretty good Fred team, they should be able to handle this year's RF team, imo. Gonzo will win this one by 2 TD's.

fire_it_up
11-25-2013, 01:27 PM
I caught the first half of the GZ opener at Victoria East (was over by then, LOL) and noticed they don't travel well. Fan base wise. Don't assume they will bring many more this visit (maybe less with it being a holiday) to Memorial Std.

Anyone know how Rockport travels? Could be a waste of a stadium. Sinton/Cuero game would of been perfect here instead. Refugio, Cuero might have been ideal for this GZ/RF game.

Are you really making an assumption that our fan base would be the same at a season opener as it would three rounds deep in the playoffs? Don't worry, Apaches WILL travel to this game. Clearly, you didn't see how may fans traveled all the way to Brenham two weeks ago or sat in the cold rain in Austin on Friday.:confused:

Snotbubbles
11-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Are you really making an assumption that our fan base would be the same at a season opener as it would three rounds deep in the playoffs? Don't worry, Apaches WILL travel to this game. Clearly, you didn't see how may fans traveled all the way to Brenham two weeks ago or sat in the cold rain in Austin on Friday.:confused:

no, no--I have seen ya'll at home and how you pack the place. I just thought maybe ya'll don't like Victoria?

BB BULLS
11-25-2013, 01:38 PM
normally you root for the team that took you out but not me cause i wish we were there right now. i am just a hater go RF hahahaha

Apache91
11-25-2013, 01:48 PM
normally you root for the team that took you out but not me cause i wish we were there right now. i am just a hater go RF hahahaha

Come on BB Bulls.. How is the basketball season so far?????????

BB BULLS
11-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Come on BB Bulls.. How is the basketball season so far?????????

well they still bounce up and down. just call me BB the hater. smile it only gets more exciting form here on out. our run to semi's was a blast last year. i bet the kids are having a blast i know mine did. may the best team win.

44INAROW
11-25-2013, 02:04 PM

I'm confused though, Gonzales didn't take you'll out?

Apache91
11-25-2013, 02:08 PM
Yes sir that is true. This is very exciting times. I don't think the kids they brought up from JV had a very good time Friday night. It was kind of funny how they were all huddled up to try to stay warm. The Apaches had a good game plan and were able to execute it. Looking forward to Saturday night and hopefully both teams stay healthy.

BB BULLS
11-25-2013, 02:11 PM
I'm confused though, Gonzales didn't take you'll out?

yes they did, they beat us 24-14 in Brenham the first playoff game

44INAROW
11-25-2013, 02:30 PM
damn, my brain farted.. I am so sorry......... I get Columbus and Bellville mixed up - maybe it's the RED Sorry bout that................. ....

BB BULLS
11-25-2013, 02:34 PM
damn, my brain farted.. I am so sorry......... I get Columbus and Bellville mixed up - maybe it's the RED Sorry bout that................. ....

thats alright Columbus beat us the very first district game we played

maestro
11-25-2013, 02:50 PM

So scoop may still get his SWAMP game !!!!

Snotbubbles
11-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Where did Coach Chancellor coach prior to Rockport? And, what type of offense do they run? I think they are the most unknown team still going? Padilla has them only a 6 point underdog for some reason. Did they have some injury's early or something. Heck, a 2-8 Industrial team beat them.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Rockport Fulton had pretty much packed it in after getting beat by Orange Grove 55-3 and were trailing Robstown 20-7 to start the 4th qtr in a game that was going to be for the 4th playoff spot.

Since that point Rockport Fulton has played a lot better, they went on to win in last seconds of that Robstown game 30-27 and have suprised both teams they've beaten in the playoffs.

Didn't expect them to get past the first or 2nd round but they did and have earned it and will represent District 30 well win or lose.

Rockport Fulton since joining 3a few years ago kept a 4a schedule in pre district has hurt them each year coming into district with lots of injuries. Same thing this year, but their qb is back and he's pretty good as a runner and throws the ball pretty good. Big question mark is their defense, they shut down a high power offense in Kingsville this past game but did the weather help out or are they peaking. RF keep suprising, will be another big surprise if they can stay in the game.

Where did Coach Chancellor coach prior to Rockport? And, what type of offense do they run? I think they are the most unknown team still going? Padilla has them only a 6 point underdog for some reason. Did they have some injury's early or something. Heck, a 2-8 Industrial team beat them. Their Coach came from Bellville, he was the coach of Bellville when they beat us in 2008 in regional round.

Snotbubbles
11-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Their Coach came from Bellville, he was the coach of Bellville when they beat us in 2008 in regional round.

You know what style of "O" they run? Heard someone mention they had a good QB and WR--so, I assume they like to throw it, just as much as run it? Balanced attack?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2013, 04:38 PM
You know what style of "O" they run? Heard someone mention they had a good QB and WR--so, I assume they like to throw it, just as much as run it? Balanced attack? This is what is listed in their preview:
Base offense: one back formation

They return 7 offensive starters from last season but don't think they've actually had that group on the field most of the season.

Pudlugger
11-25-2013, 06:01 PM
Their Coach came from Bellville, he was the coach of Bellville when they beat us in 2008 in regional round.

He was at Bellville until 2009. He went to 4a Pine Tree and then RF 3 years ago. He ran the Power I formation while at Bellville. I don't know what he runs at RF.

pacdaddy
11-25-2013, 07:49 PM
You know what style of "O" they run? Heard someone mention they had a good QB and WR--so, I assume they like to throw it, just as much as run it? Balanced attack?

Heard they run the Pistol. All I know is they better not try and go up the middle on us because they will get stuffed like a turkey.

underthetepee
11-26-2013, 10:47 AM
Coach Chancellor was a wing t coach for years. strange to see his teams running anything else!

Snotbubbles
11-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Coach Chancellor was a wing t coach for years. strange to see his teams running anything else!

Strange no one knows what he runs now. Someone mentioned they read in a preview somewhere, he runs a pistol. No one has seen it in person, and know for certain what they run?

duckhunter
11-26-2013, 11:22 AM
He was at Bellville until 2009. He went to 4a Pine Tree and then RF 3 years ago. He ran the Power I formation while at Bellville. I don't know what he runs at RF.

When he was at bellville he ran the wing t.

pacdaddy
11-26-2013, 07:12 PM
Man can't believe it is only Tuesday. Come on sat.

Gontex
11-27-2013, 09:24 AM

Relax, pacdaddy. You may want to try some deep breathing exercises. Don't want you to have a stroke before the game gets here.

MustangFootball
11-27-2013, 10:03 AM
Good luck Rockport keep 30-3A rolling into another week.

BB BULLS
11-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Good luck to both teams be safe in your travels

Old QB
11-27-2013, 11:46 AM

Will most likely be running for the exit from what I've seen of Gonzales.

Gontex
11-27-2013, 12:06 PM
Will most likely be running for the exit from what I've seen of Gonzales.

If you make it to the third round of the playoffs, you have to have something going for you. I look for a tough football game in Victoria. You simply cannot afford to overlook anybody at this stage of the game.

pacdaddy
11-27-2013, 12:22 PM
R-F will have to run more than the pistol to get past our D. I have heard they have a pretty good passing game is this true? If this is true, our D will be tested again on the pass coverage.

Manso/V8
11-27-2013, 09:10 PM

Enjoy while you can. Playoff runs are a lot of fun, but they do end.....hopefully with a win.

Gontex
11-29-2013, 07:17 AM
Anybody know who is home team in this matchup?

Pudlugger
11-29-2013, 08:55 AM
Good luck to the Apaches tonight. Leps will represent D26 this afternoon.

underthetepee
11-29-2013, 11:20 AM
Gonzales is the home team!
Anybody know who is home team in this matchup?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2013, 11:31 AM
GO RF Pirates! Take care of business! GO D30!

Gontex
11-29-2013, 12:13 PM
Gonzales is the home team!

Sounds like Coach Lock is getting a little better a calling the flip.

MJMbrahmas10
11-29-2013, 12:55 PM
Coach chancellor runs anything that fits his personel. Might run a jumbo formation. Might spread it out. Like bellville did after Nunn got hurt in 08.

Manso/V8
11-29-2013, 01:44 PM
I think Huey and his coaches are a little more laid back now that they are in Rockport. The last time I saw Foster in Bellville, he had a bunch of fishing poles in the back of his truck.

pacdaddy
11-29-2013, 11:18 PM
Congrats to LG, and a good hard fought game from Cuero. Looks like two teams left from D26.

Now it is time to get ready for some smash mouth football from the tribe. Tomorrow will be another good team that the tribe will have to face. In order for the tribe to advance, they will have to key on the qb and put maximum amount of pressure on him. Also, they will have to force him out of the pocket to make him throw the ball away. Our DB's will have to work extremely hard to cover the well coached receivers that RP has. I see the D line really making a lot of stops at the line. Running on the outside of the TE's will be the only options that RP will have, but in my opinion will not be successful because we will be waiting for that to happen. RP has shown to be very successful at running the ball wide. So we will be ready for that. If RP tries to go up the middle they will get stuffed by our amazing linebackers. One thing I have say is that RP has not seen a defense like ours yet. Good luck to both teams, but "beware the tribe."

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 09:53 AM
Good luck tonight to the Apaches. Get the win for D26 and to set up a re-match with the Leps for the Regional Championship. Then we can get started with the smack talk. :D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Good luck Rockport Fulton, hope to see a great game from the Pirates tonight. Rockport home or vistor?

Scoop27
11-30-2013, 06:13 PM
Go Pirates

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 06:33 PM
Go get'em Apaches. Gonzales by 21.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Almost game time! Lets go Pirates

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2013, 07:00 PM
Gonzales defers to 2nd half

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2013, 07:03 PM
Rf. Qb rolls out and can't find reciever and sacked for loss of 4

Ball at their own 22

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Rf qb out of the game, backup com0pletes a pass by 4 yds short of 1st down. Punting

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2013, 07:07 PM
2nd and 11 for Apache

70 yd td run on a sweep

Gonzales 8 RF 0 1st 9:10

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2013, 07:08 PM
RF starts at their 27

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Rf 4th and 4

Punting
Bad snap Gonzales ball at RF 15

1sst play Rameriz his 2nd td

Gonzales 14 RF 0 1st qtr

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 07:14 PM
These announcers must have marbles in their mouths. TD Gonzales first play after recoverring ball on fumbled punt snap at 15 yl. 14-0 Gonzales 2 pt PAT failed

99IHSMustang
11-30-2013, 07:21 PM
These announcers must have marbles in their mouths. TD Gonzales first play after recoverring ball on fumbled punt snap at 15 yl. 14-0 Gonzales 2 pt PAT failed

I am having trouble understanding them as well... haha

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 07:23 PM
facemask penalty by RF. Huey's up to his old tricks.

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 07:24 PM
Apaches pass to 20 yardline.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2013, 07:24 PM
Gonzales at RF 20 with 1:30 lft 1st qtr

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 07:25 PM
Ist and goal from 9 run up the middle

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 07:27 PM
another facemask penalty! Chancellor teach those boys not to tackle with the facemask!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2013, 07:28 PM
2nd and goal at the 3 for Apaches

Td

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 07:30 PM
21-0 Gonzales 11:53 2nd

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 07:33 PM
That old announcer guy must have been drinking LOL

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 07:35 PM
td GZ 64 yard run. Blowout in progress 28-0

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2013, 07:37 PM
Gonzales rb ran over couple of RF players and speed.

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 07:40 PM
RF awful so far. How did they get this far?

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 07:41 PM
take that mike away from marble mouth!

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 07:51 PM
td GZ 35-0

speedbump
11-30-2013, 08:00 PM
The fact that Rockport is still in the playoffs says a lot about R4 in 2013. LG is the only team in it that has a chance to at least not get annihilated when they have to go outside the region.

hookandladder
11-30-2013, 08:07 PM
The fact that Rockport is still in the playoffs says a lot about R4 in 2013. LG is the only team in it that has a chance to at least not get annihilated when they have to go outside the region.

And you were there last year, says a lot.

Scoop27
11-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Need to give Wharton some credit into winning a playoff game

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 08:17 PM

Well this RF team is a 4th place team in a weak district. Gonzales is playing lights out and they are a 4th place team from the strongest district in R4. Big difference. LG will be playing Gonzales next week barring some miraculous comeback by the Pirates. Gonzales is a very good team still underrated by some folks I guess. If Gonzales beats the Leps I guarantee they will represent R4 well in the semi's as will LG if they win. If it happens that way LG will not get annihilated by anyone.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2013, 08:25 PM
RF awful so far. How did they get this far?

Well this RF team is a 4th place team in a weak district. Gonzales is playing lights out and they are a 4th place team from the strongest district in R4. Big difference. LG will be playing Gonzales next week barring some miraculous comeback by the Pirates. Gonzales is a very good team still underrated by some folks I guess. If Gonzales beats the Leps I guarantee they will represent R4 well in the semi's as will LG if they win. If it happens that way LG will not get annihilated by anyone.
Gonzales would still been a 4th place team if in D30, Orange Grove, Ingleside and Sinton would be the top 3. Sinton has wins over two of your district mates.

Scoop27
11-30-2013, 08:47 PM
KCTI announcers are knocking Rockport-Fulton

hookandladder
11-30-2013, 08:52 PM
Gonzales would still been a 4th place team if in D30, Orange Grove, Ingleside and Sinton would be the top 3. Sinton has wins over two of your district mates.

Agree , Not.

hookandladder
11-30-2013, 08:52 PM

Agree , Not.

speedbump
11-30-2013, 08:54 PM
And you were there last year, says a lot.

Yea, and Bellville made a good showing against Navasota.

speedbump
11-30-2013, 08:58 PM

JEEEZ dude. Gonzales has no chance against LG. None, nada , zero. It's OK to say so.

Scoop27
11-30-2013, 09:27 PM
Gonzales 56, Rockport-Fulton 7-FINAL

pacdaddy
11-30-2013, 11:18 PM
JEEEZ dude. Gonzales has no chance against LG. None, nada , zero. It's OK to say so.

You never know what can happen. You should know that.

hookandladder
11-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Yea, and Bellville made a good showing against Navasota.

Navasota played around with Bellville, that game was never in doubt who would win. Period.

hookandladder
11-30-2013, 11:30 PM
Gonzales 56, Rockport-Fulton 7-FINAL

These two play off games in round 3 are down right pitiful for the scores to be this bad , just wow.

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 11:39 PM
These two play off games in round 3 are down right pitiful for the scores to be this bad , just wow.

Well maybe the Leps and tha Apaches are just that good. I agree RF was a stiff but Ingleside won its district and beat some decent teams.

Manso/V8
12-01-2013, 12:22 AM
Navasota played around with Bellville, that game was never in doubt who would win. Period.

Oh man, it still hurts you deep inside that EC eliminated LG in the first quarter of the first round last year. Even the baseball state championship last spring, and the Leps deep run in football this year can't salve the wound. It has been over a year, get over it......and don't come back with you are certain that LG would have beat Bellville if LG had gone D2. Remember, Bellville handily beat a Cuero team in the first round that the Leps lost to the week before. Wimberley was the second round opponent and were the best team we faced until the semis, Orange Grove and Port Isabel were both relatively easy games. R4 is almost always an easier path, and it really was this year for Gonzales and La Grange. Also, your post Bellville-Navasota game comments last year didn't reflect that Navasota played around with Bellville. Sure Navasota was a better team, but the Brahmas played them close and the outcome wasn't certain until late in the 4th quarter. Once the game was underway, the Navasota coaching staff and players knew the title trek was being threatened. We were the only team that shut down their vertical passing game, and if we had gotten a few breaks, we could have taken them down. OK, enough of last year and friendly ribbing.

Bellville had some talent this year, but lacked the strength, size, and field leadership of the last two years. They never gelled as a team, and were pretty consistent with the same type of mistakes throughout the year. Those kids went in to the 1st game expecting to win, came out flat, and Gonzales earned the win. Kudos to the Apaches, but they are not an elite team. La Grange has a dominate OL and would have crushed Bellville this year. They are an elite team and has a good chance at winning the SC. I am behind you all the way.

hookandladder
12-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Oh man, it still hurts you deep inside that EC eliminated LG in the first quarter of the first round last year. Even the baseball state championship last spring, and the Leps deep run in football this year can't salve the wound. It has been over a year, get over it......and don't come back with you are certain that LG would have beat Bellville if LG had gone D2. Remember, Bellville handily beat a Cuero team in the first round that the Leps lost to the week before. Wimberley was the second round opponent and were the best team we faced until the semis, Orange Grove and Port Isabel were both relatively easy games. R4 is almost always an easier path, and it really was this year for Gonzales and La Grange. Also, your post Bellville-Navasota game comments last year didn't reflect that Navasota played around with Bellville. Sure Navasota was a better team, but the Brahmas played them close and the outcome wasn't certain until late in the 4th quarter. Once the game was underway, the Navasota coaching staff and players knew the title trek was being threatened. We were the only team that shut down their vertical passing game, and if we had gotten a few breaks, we could have taken them down. OK, enough of last year and friendly ribbing.

Bellville had some talent this year, but lacked the strength, size, and field leadership of the last two years. They never gelled as a team, and were pretty consistent with the same type of mistakes throughout the year. Those kids went in to the 1st game expecting to win, came out flat, and Gonzales earned the win. Kudos to the Apaches, but they are not an elite team. La Grange has a dominate OL and would have crushed Bellville this year. They are an elite team and has a good chance at winning the SC. I am behind you all the way.

Bellville was an average team at best last year, benefitted greatly from playing in a weak Region . You said it yourself , just the way it is in football in Region 4 . The Semis and SC tells really how good you are, win them then you got something to talk about. Same as this year , we knew after getting by the first round what to expect the rest of the way, now it starts to get tough.

underthetepee
12-01-2013, 09:55 AM
well this is the 3rd time in school history Gonzales has been in the quarterfinals in football. 1963,2007,and now. Lock was the coach for 2 of these appearances... We in Gonzales could give a rats ass what others think.. We are assigned to our region so we will play it out.. Bottom line, the apaches are in the quarterfinals..

speedbump
12-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Bellville was an average team at best last year, benefitted greatly from playing in a weak Region . You said it yourself , just the way it is in football in Region 4 . The Semis and SC tells really how good you are, win them then you got something to talk about. Same as this year , we knew after getting by the first round what to expect the rest of the way, now it starts to get tough.

Bellville only allowed 20 points in the four games leading up to the Navasota game and then held the Rattlers to 24, their lowest point total of the season. LaMarque was the only other team to hold them to less than 36. Bellville average at best last year? Yea, OK.

hookandladder
12-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Yep.

speedbump
12-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Yep.

Average at best - good description for this year.

Pudlugger
12-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Average at best - good description for this year.

Bellville was a very good team last year, they just ran into a team a little better in Navasota. They were a good team this year, not like 2012 but a good team none the less. In R4 D1 BV and EC were in the top 5: LG; GZ; BV; EC; IS in that order.

speedbump
12-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Bellville was a very good team last year, they just ran into a team a little better in Navasota. They were a good team this year, not like 2012 but a good team none the less. In R4 D1 BV and EC were in the top 5: LG; GZ; BV; EC; IS in that order.

EC wasn't in the top 5. No way.

Pudlugger
12-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Agree to disagree then. They beat a good Wharton team that beat a good Yoakum team despite injuries. Who would you put in their place? Fred maybe.

speedbump
12-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Agree to disagree then. They beat a good Wharton team that beat a good Yoakum team despite injuries. Who would you put in their place? Fred maybe.

The EC team that entered the playoffs wasn't close to the same team that beat Wharton. They would have been hard pressed to score against anybody and the D was to depleted with injuries to keep them in games. If they had started district play with that team they wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs.

Pudlugger
12-01-2013, 11:44 AM
The EC team that entered the playoffs wasn't close to the same team that beat Wharton. They would have been hard pressed to score against anybody and the D was to depleted with injuries to keep them in games. If they had started district play with that team they wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs.

OK would you please give me your top 5 teams in DI R4?

speedbump
12-01-2013, 11:53 AM
OK would you please give me your top 5 teams in DI R4?

LG, Gonz,Ingleside and who knows.

duckhunter
12-01-2013, 02:34 PM

You must've had too much purple Gatorade. To call bellvilles last year team average is like calling this years LG team below average. Those coke bottle glasses must be fogging up again. This years LG team is good but the fact remains region IV is a weak region for football. Every year. When Gonzales and rock port goes three rounds deep that pretty much says it all

hookandladder
12-01-2013, 03:53 PM
You must've had too much purple Gatorade. To call bellvilles last year team average is like calling this years LG team below average. Those coke bottle glasses must be fogging up again. This years LG team is good but the fact remains region IV is a weak region for football. Every year. When Gonzales and rock port goes three rounds deep that pretty much says it all

Have said it from 2009 on , no secret Region 4 is the bracket to make deep runs every year in football. Duck stick to something you know, blowing hot air and trying to stir the pot. That's all you have now days, how is the plant.

Pudlugger
12-01-2013, 04:09 PM
So we all can agree that R4 traditionally has been an easier route to the semis? Getting to the SC game is another thing entirely. It was done before and hopefully it will happen this year.

hookandladder
12-01-2013, 06:11 PM
So we all can agree that R4 traditionally has been an easier route to the semis? Getting to the SC game is another thing entirely. It was done before and hopefully it will happen this year.

Very true and it can be done again , if the Leps can get to Jerry world then 2013 Calendar year has been very successful for La Grange High School. That would be 5 State championship appearances this year , Volleyball, Softball, Baseball ( State Champs) Football and also our UIL team. That speaks volumes for our entire Program , Coach Kate's has done a great job of supporting all programs. Go Leps.

hookandladder
12-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Very true and it can be done again , if the Leps can get to Jerry world then 2013 Calendar year has been very successful for La Grange High School. That would be 5 State championship appearances this year , Volleyball, Softball, Baseball ( State Champs) Football and also our UIL team. That speaks volumes for our entire Program , Coach Kate's has done a great job of supporting all programs. Go Leps.

Got ahead of my self, Volleyball was 2012 and it is our UIL Academic team. Still very impressive run for LG, very proud of all these students Athlete's.

Tejastrue
12-01-2013, 09:27 PM
No matter what team ends up representing R-4 they are going to be very good and that's the team the other regions need to be concerned with...not the weaker teams along the way. Oh yeah, I'll be right there showing support. I'm so tired of R-4 bashers.

99IHSMustang
12-02-2013, 12:01 AM
No matter what team ends up representing R-4 they are going to be very good and that's the team the other regions need to be concerned with...not the weaker teams along the way. Oh yeah, I'll be right there showing support. I'm so tired of R-4 bashers.

:iagree:

Manso/V8
12-02-2013, 03:46 PM

There is more press coverage up around the Metroplex and it slides over to East Texas, they curry favor over Houston area teams as well.
You can see it on the polls every year.

Nontheless, once you get outside of a few select R4 districts, the competitiveness drops off. That is true for parts of other regions as well.