PDA

View Full Version : La Grange v Ingleside Round 3

Pudlugger
11-23-2013, 01:58 AM
The Leps will meet Ingleside next round of the D1 R4 playoffs. The Mustangs come off a 26-20 win over RGC and the Leps advance with a drumming of Canyon Lake 50-8. The Mustangs are 9-3 and the Leps 11-0. The leps are playing great football with a powerful balanced offense and a tough defense and will be too much for the Mustangs. Leps by 18.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2013, 02:02 AM
Good test for Ingleside defense, Ingleside will need to get that passing game going. They have a receiver that can take over a game, I look for Mustangs to lean on him beating the Leopards deep. Mustangs by 7

YTBulldogs
11-23-2013, 02:10 AM
When and where?

Pudlugger
11-23-2013, 02:10 AM
Good test for Ingleside defense, Ingleside will need to get that passing game going. They have a receiver that can take over a game, I look for Mustangs to lean on him beating the Leopards deep. Mustangs by 7

The Leps have one of the fastest secondaries in 3A, I doubt the Mustang receivers will get behind them.

99IHSMustang
11-23-2013, 02:13 AM
The Leps have one of the fastest secondaries in 3A, I doubt the Mustang receivers will get behind them.

I have nothing but respect for La Grange because they are a very good team, but don't get it twisted. Ingleside will be ready to play and has plenty of speed to go around as well.

fire_it_up
11-23-2013, 02:17 AM
There is no way LaGrange will lose this round. I haven't seen Ingelside play but have seen the Leps. That's enough to make my prediction.

Pudlugger
11-23-2013, 02:19 AM
I have nothing but respect for La Grange because they are a very good team, but don't get it twisted. Ingleside will be ready to play and has plenty of speed to go around as well.

I have no doubt the Mustangs will be ready to play. You don't get to round three unless you are a good team. This will be a great game. The Leps are going to continue to focus on the game at hand and will not take any opponent lightly. Respect the opponent and execute with intensity and precision is how they are going forward.

99IHSMustang
11-23-2013, 02:28 AM
There is no way LaGrange will lose this round. I haven't seen Ingelside play but have seen the Leps. That's enough to make my prediction.

:tisk: Total disrespect, but that's cool. I am sure 99% of the people up North think the same way you do.

YTBulldogs
11-23-2013, 02:31 AM
I am sure 99% of the people up North think the same way you do.

:iagree:

Will not be Canyon Lake bad though.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2013, 02:33 AM
:tisk: Total disrespect, but that's cool. I am sure 99% of the people up North think the same way you do.Pretty much like El Campo last season, Mustangs were missing starters and still were in the game going into the 4th qtr trailing only by a td.

Good week of preparing and get ready for a good game by the Mustangs.

fire_it_up
11-23-2013, 02:36 AM
Has nothing to do with North vs. South. My prediction is based on LaGrange only and voting for my home district. Didn't know that wasn't allowed on this board? If you want specifics, I'll give them to you. They're big, fast, and talented. I'm voting for them because this is a message board and there's a poll at the top. Thought that meant I could give MY opinion?

99IHSMustang
11-23-2013, 02:38 AM
Pretty much like El Campo last season, Mustangs were missing starters and still were in the game going into the 4th qtr trailing only by a td.

Good week of preparing and get ready for a good game by the Mustangs.

All week we heard that there was no way we would stay in that game. Mustangs will be ready this time around as well.

99IHSMustang
11-23-2013, 02:42 AM
Has nothing to do with North vs. South. My prediction is based on LaGrange only and voting for my home district. Didn't know that wasn't allowed on this board? If you want specifics, I'll give them to you. They're big, fast, and talented. I'm voting for them because this is a message board and there's a poll at the top. Thought that meant I could give MY opinion?

Well Ingleside played Cuero and lost by 2 points. We have seen fast and talented. Not sure how big they are compared to Cuero. You gave your opinion and I gave mine. I just called it like I read it, that's all.

Blue42
11-23-2013, 06:13 AM
The Mustangs will fight hard as they always do but I think the Leps will be too much for them.

duckhunter
11-23-2013, 08:16 AM
I have no doubt the Mustangs will be ready to play. You don't get to round three unless you are a good team. This will be a great game. The Leps are going to continue to focus on the game at hand and will not take any opponent lightly. Respect the opponent and execute with intensity and precision is how they are going forward.

You don't get to round three unless you're a good team or it's region IV. After la grange 98% of the other teams left are a joke. Cuero? Gonzales? Rock port? Very average. Would get drummed in any other region

bird_fan
11-23-2013, 08:22 AM
should be a good game Victoria or El Campo would be great sites for this game.. I like both teams But have to pick La Grange. Ingleside is a vey good spread team but their defense will be challenged

Pudlugger
11-23-2013, 09:32 AM
You don't get to round three unless you're a good team or it's region IV. After la grange 98% of the other teams left are a joke. Cuero? Gonzales? Rock port? Very average. Would get drummed in any other region

Sour grapes much Ducky?

99IHSMustang
11-23-2013, 09:34 AM
should be a good game Victoria or El Campo would be great sites for this game.. I like both teams But have to pick La Grange. Ingleside is a vey good spread team but their defense will be challenged

It is going to be at Bobcat stadium in San Marcos on Friday @ 2 PM.

Pudlugger
11-23-2013, 09:42 AM

Who is home team? LG travels 75 miles while Ingleside travels 160 miles! Doubt that the Mustangs won the flip in view of that.

duckhunter
11-23-2013, 10:14 AM
Sour grapes much Ducky?

I'm a fan of good football. Not a homer for a certain town like some posters are. No sour grapes. Just the honest truth

LiftingLep
11-23-2013, 10:18 AM

Nice, I've been waiting for round three to be played at Bobcat Stadium. Won't have to travel too far as this will be right in town for me. I basically saved my opinions on Canyon Lake because I thought it was a joke that an Undefeated team in the playoffs would have to re-play a team they already beat by 20 pts in the regular season. I knew La Grange would stomp them again and it was by a lot worse. I'm one to think that the only way you can get better as a team is to either lose and learn or have to work your tail off and win, being that the Leopards are in the playoffs now losing isn't an option so I can only hope that their competition this week is good enough to keep them fresh and on their toes. May sound odd wanting a good opponent to play your team but I know La Grange has a very talented team and I just want to see an exciting game!

Pudlugger
11-23-2013, 10:40 AM
Nice, I've been waiting for round three to be played at Bobcat Stadium. Won't have to travel too far as this will be right in town for me. I basically saved my opinions on Canyon Lake because I thought it was a joke that an Undefeated team in the playoffs would have to re-play a team they already beat by 20 pts in the regular season. I knew La Grange would stomp them again and it was by a lot worse. I'm one to think that the only way you can get better as a team is to either lose and learn or have to work your tail off and win, being that the Leopards are in the playoffs now losing isn't an option so I can only hope that their competition this week is good enough to keep them fresh and on their toes. May sound odd wanting a good opponent to play your team but I know La Grange has a very talented team and I just want to see an exciting game!

Good to have you back posting Lifting. The Mustangs will be a good test for the Leps. They have a strong offense and have beaten 9 teams. The Leps made it through D26 unscathed and three out of the 4 teams in that district are still in so they have played some good teams. Despite what Ducky posts, Region 4 has represented well year in and year out at the state Tournament. I'm not going to get dragged into a pissing match with Ducky over relative strengths in regions. That has been debated ad nauseum on this board. La Grange is a legitimate contender and they will not fall asleep at the wheel and let this great opportunity slip through their fingers. They will bring it all to Bobcat Stadium and the best team will prevail.

duckhunter
11-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Good to have you back posting Lifting. The Mustangs will be a good test for the Leps. They have a strong offense and have beaten 9 teams. The Leps made it through D26 unscathed and three out of the 4 teams in that district are still in so they have played some good teams. Despite what Ducky posts, Region 4 has represented well year in and year out at the state Tournament. I'm not going to get dragged into a pissing match with Ducky over relative strengths in regions. That has been debated ad nauseum on this board. La Grange is a legitimate contender and they will not fall asleep at the wheel and let this great opportunity slip through their fingers. They will bring it all to Bobcat Stadium and the best team will prevail.

Was not aware their was a state tournament for football now?

Where is this located? Do they have a losers bracket?

Pudlugger
11-23-2013, 10:57 AM
Was not aware their was a state tournament for football now?

Where is this located? Do they have a losers bracket?

You know what I meant. Oh wait, yall have never been to State so...

99IHSMustang
11-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Who is home team? LG travels 75 miles while Ingleside travels 160 miles! Doubt that the Mustangs won the flip in view of that.

I would think La Grange would be the home team. This will be a 45 minute drive for me. Looking forward to it.

YTBulldogs
11-23-2013, 11:30 AM

:spitlol:

hookandladder
11-23-2013, 12:08 PM
Will be a better game then what CL showed , Leps win going away in 2nd half by 3 TD's

duckhunter
11-23-2013, 12:28 PM

Not sure who you are referring to when you say "y'all"?

1st and goal
11-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Wondering why this game wasn't played in Victoria? Stadium holds 10,000, plenty of parking. Much less drive for Ingleside. Leps don't have to drive on crappy HWY 21. I could go on.

I just have to assume the Leps coach picked it???

1stnurseryman
11-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Not sure who you are referring to when you say "y'all"?

Where u from duck hunter? What team do you consider ur home team? Easy to talk $hit when ur anonymous!!

PappaFeelGood
11-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Amen to that nurseryman. I think he fell out of the duck blind and hit his head on a rock.

pacdaddy
11-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Amen to that nurseryman. I think he fell out of the duck blind and hit his head on a rock.

Ha,ha,ha. That's a good one pappa:-)

44INAROW
11-23-2013, 02:53 PM
The below is just an observation and not aimed at anyone in particular.....

Some people are jacka$$es and close-minded when they're invisible behind a screen name.
Quickly criticizing and slamming other teams when 99% of the time, they haven't even personally watched said teams play.
This usually happens when said person's team is playing basketball and they have no other way to insert themselves into a topic of conversation.

That being said.... I have to give the nod to La Grange, because Cuero beat (small margin) Ingleside and La Grange beat Cuero ( not so small margin) and I would like to see LG represent D26 as champions🏈

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rocket Man
11-23-2013, 04:47 PM
TX High School Matchup Analyzer picks La Grange 41 Ingleside 20

99IHSMustang
11-23-2013, 04:57 PM
TX High School Matchup Analyzer picks La Grange 41 Ingleside 20

I like that analyzer, but I hope that it is wrong this time around. :)

Snotbubbles
11-23-2013, 05:12 PM
Nice season IS.

LaGrange 42
Ingelside 14

Rocket Man
11-23-2013, 05:14 PM
I like that analyzer, but I hope that it is wrong this time around. :)

It ain't 100% spot on, it had us beating La Vega by 20 a couple of weeks ago and we lost by about that much. It needs to checked again on Tueday after they update for this weekend's games.

MustangFootball
11-24-2013, 12:15 AM
This game could get ugly quick if Ingleside can't figure out there RB situation, before the first playoff game we were down our top 3 RBs the 4th string RB came in and did an awesome job along with the 3rd stringer helping out...now the word I got today is that they are both hurt.... Kyle will most likely be out with a shoulder injury that kept him out of the El Campo game last year he re-aggravated it and will be going to the doctor this week, also Chris got a concussion at the end of the game last night the worst part is that 3 of the 4 RB are starters on defense. Ingleside will still come out strong and make it a good game.

Snotbubbles
11-24-2013, 12:24 AM
LG living right. Getting all these teams with hurt RB's. I think EC had their 8th string RB in if I recall the EC posters whining right. Now, IS down to the 4th-5th stringer. Must be nice to have that many strings. LOL. Don't matter. You could have Cuero's #1 in there for ya and get hammered against this LG team.

MustangFootball
11-24-2013, 12:33 AM
LG living right. Getting all these teams with hurt RB's. I think EC had their 8th string RB in if I recall the EC posters whining right. Now, IS down to the 4th-5th stringer. Must be nice to have that many strings. LOL. Don't matter. You could have Cuero's #1 in there for ya and get hammered against this LG team.

We will manage, might have to lean more on our passing game. We do tout probably the fast WR in 3a.

Blue42
11-24-2013, 03:23 AM
The Mustangs will play lights out as they always do and LG knows that remember any team can win thats why we play.

Snotbubbles
11-24-2013, 04:56 AM
We will manage, might have to lean more on our passing game. We do tout probably the fast WR in 3a.

I think they have a couple DB's a 1/10th or two slower to contain him. With LG's pressure up front, not sure you'll be allowed to set up to throw it too deep anyways. Quick hitches, and a few bubble screens might be your only chance via the air.

BB BULLS
11-24-2013, 08:50 AM
well pud & hook, last week every team I picked lost, so with that being said I will pick the Mustangs. and all you posters can see where I am from and yes the round ball bounces fine hahaha. one other thing I know very well, is any team can be beat. but not this week LG

gameface
11-24-2013, 09:35 AM
LG victory by 30. Leps have game face on! Sounds like Bulls have new slogan: Welcome to pasture of defame! welcome to the jungle mustangs & bull- Leps prevail on strength from both sides of the ball!:doh:

Pudlugger
11-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Great to have you back on the board supporting the Leps Gameface. The Leopards are playing at their highest level since the Cuero game. I have not seen a Leopard team play with such intensity and precision since the 2000 playoff run with Tye Gunn and company. Honestly I feel that the folks up North have little or no clue just how good this team is. I have no doubt that they will roll into Friday's game in Bobcat Stadium and make a statement. It is entirely unlikely they will depart from their mission and come in overconfident and flat. The Leps are rolling.

Pudlugger
11-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Last Friday we ran into an old friend from church who moved to Georgetown a few years back. He was once a coach at La Grange many years ago and has been retired from teaching for years. We watched the Leps manhandle Canyon Lake together in the stands. We sat toghether before in 2001 when we went to state and my son was playing. He hadn't seen the leps play for years and hadn't heard anything about them this season either. He was flabbergasted by how good they were. He is a man very knowledgeable about football and has a long history of following high school sports. One of many plays that stand out from that game was when the Hawks had 4th and one midfield and went for it. Kates put in the goal line stand D consisting of 6' 5" 280 lb tackle Ledwik(ATM commit), 6'2" 260 lb nose guard Schindler and 6'2" 250 lb tackle Gage. The entire center of the Hawks OL was crushed 2 yards into the backfield to throw the Hawks for a loss on the play. It was an incredible demonstration of strength. Another play was a deep route run by #5 Hutchison down midfield. Davis was throwing from the 10 yardline into a stiff wind and heaved the ball a good 50 yards downfield. It appeared to be too deep for Hutchison but he just shifted into overdrive and ran under it and never broke stride for the td. The hawk defender was left in the back draft. I understand Ingleside has a wr with plenty of speed. It will be interesting if he gets behind #5 or #22 Friday. Our pass defense is solid.

MustangFootball
11-24-2013, 11:14 AM
I think they have a couple DB's a 1/10th or two slower to contain him. With LG's pressure up front, not sure you'll be allowed to set up to throw it too deep anyways. Quick hitches, and a few bubble screens might be your only chance via the air.

I won't argue that... If it's one place that Ingleside has struggled it's with the O-line. Ingleside has always had good skill position players and a good QB, but they always lack size on the OL we just don't have those kids here.... That's why we could never line up and run it down your throat so we spead you out and use our skill players.... Ingleside is coming in with a 4 year starting QB that at the begin of the season had a good chance of ending his HS career in the top 10 for career yards in the state at all classifications... Not sure he will get there as we ran the ball more this season than years past but Ingleside runs a spread offense that is well balanced. Ingleside is well aware they are in a fight and will give it everything they got.

Manso/V8
11-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Pudlugger, from your tomes it seems like the Leps really have the goods this year and should win this one going away. I thought the same thing about the EC-Ingleside playoff game last year, but was pleasantly surprised by how much fight the Mustangs had, and really seemed to make a game of it despite missing several key players due to injuries and/or other reasons. I don't know a lot about the Mustangs, but have respect for them from afar, and there is a real chance they might spoil your fun run. I am tempted to make the trip to see this one.

Best of luck to both teams, but I am pulling for La Grange.
It would be awesome to see the Leps take the R4 title and then teach those smack talking teams from the other regions a lesson in the semis and SC.

Pudlugger
11-24-2013, 12:51 PM
You are right to point out that Ingleside is a serious contender for R4 and need to be reconned with. I'm confident that Coach Kates will have a proper game plan and the guys ready to go Friday. Good to know you're with us on this run Manso. There is a lot of talk up North about this or that team from East or West Texas going to meet up in State yada yada yada. Mavbe the R4 rep whoever it is will spoil those plans. We were backing Bellville last year but alas it wasn't to be. At least El Campo made it to Jerry World in D1 through their big win over Carthage. That was something R4 was proud of. This year let's hope to give the rest of the State a dose of Texas hs football the way we do it down here.

44INAROW
11-24-2013, 01:25 PM
It would be awesome to see the Leps take the R4 title and then teach those smack talking teams from the other regions a lesson in the semis and SC.

I totally agree. 🏈👏

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2013, 02:09 PM
It'll be interesting to see if they man up with Ingleside wr in the early going, #20 a div 1 wide out with size and speed if he gets that opportunity early the Mustangs need to challenge La Grange with him til they mix the coverage on him.

MustangFootball
11-24-2013, 02:38 PM
I have nothing but respect for La Grange and what they can do...if Ingleside loses I will back La Grange all the way to State....I'm for my team first then my district then my region. Shout out to district 30 by the way with 3 teams in the 3rd round.... That just proves how deep and strong our district has become.... Our 4th place team took out the district champs of district 31....in noway am I saying that we have the best district, that would be 16-3A and rightfully so. all I'm saying is when teams come out of the district they are battle tested. I'm just glad to see region 4 making some noise at the state level as of late... With El Campo and Wimberley in the last few years.

Pudlugger
11-24-2013, 02:46 PM
3 out of 4 of the D26 teams are still in the mix with the 4th place team in D26 knocking off top seeded D25 Champion Bellville so I'd have to say D26 is a tough district too.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2013, 02:55 PM
3 out of 4 of the D26 teams are still in the mix with the 4th place team in D26 knocking off top seeded D25 Champion Bellville so I'd have to say D26 is a tough district too.yep no doubt, head to head between D30 and D26 its 1-1. D26 is the strongest district in region iv this season from top to bottom.

MustangFootball
11-24-2013, 02:57 PM
3 out of 4 of the D26 teams are still in the mix with the 4th place team in D26 knocking off top seeded D25 Champion Bellville so I'd have to say D26 is a tough district too.

Agreed, it says something about your district when you have that many teams advancing into the 3rd round.

PappaFeelGood
11-24-2013, 04:17 PM
LEPS are focused and will be prepared. As to the D1 receiver he will most likely get his receptions and make his presence know. The question I have is can the Mustang defense stop the fine tuned well oiled leopard offense. It will be a great game. LEPS 35 stangs 21.

Pudlugger
11-24-2013, 04:43 PM
Papa you're probably right about the 'Stangs' WR getting his points just like Gray from Marble falls got his yet on the whole I doubt that the Ingleside defense can contain the Leps enough to get the win. It will be a high scoring game to be sure. They may put up 21-28 on us but we'll put up 35-42.

99IHSMustang
11-24-2013, 04:55 PM
This game could get ugly quick if Ingleside can't figure out there RB situation, before the first playoff game we were down our top 3 RBs the 4th string RB came in and did an awesome job along with the 3rd stringer helping out...now the word I got today is that they are both hurt.... Kyle will most likely be out with a shoulder injury that kept him out of the El Campo game last year he re-aggravated it and will be going to the doctor this week, also Chris got a concussion at the end of the game last night the worst part is that 3 of the 4 RB are starters on defense. Ingleside will still come out strong and make it a good game.

Injuries are a killer this part of the season. Someone is going to have to step up and that is all there is to it.

Pudlugger
11-24-2013, 05:05 PM
La Grange has defended well against the Spread offense this year. We have played 5 teams running the Spread: Marble Falls; Royal; Giddings; Smithville and Yoakum. We won all 5 and averaged 45-18. Our speed in the secondary and strong pass rush plus excellent conditioning make the Lep defense well suited for defending this no huddle run and gun type offense. The "Stang OL will need to control the LOS to allow the Qb time to find his receivers and to open up the running game. The battle as usual will be intense at the LOS.

PappaFeelGood
11-24-2013, 05:23 PM
I agree Pud. Looks like weather will not be an issue. Something else that has not been mentioned is LEPS must win the turnover battle. Hutchinson picking off a few passes would neutralize the alleged D1 receiver. GO LEPS GO.

iFootball
11-24-2013, 05:23 PM
Leps are rolling. Too much for the mustangs.

99IHSMustang
11-24-2013, 05:31 PM
I agree Pud. Looks like weather will not be an issue. Something else that has not been mentioned is LEPS must win the turnover battle. Hutchinson picking off a few passes would neutralize the alleged D1 receiver. GO LEPS GO.

Don't take our word for it, see for yourself.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Terrance-Robinson-151753

PappaFeelGood
11-24-2013, 05:45 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Terrance-Robinson-151753

A Rivals 2-star , not impressed. As I said earlier I'm sure he will get his touches but won't be enough.

99IHSMustang
11-24-2013, 05:54 PM
A Rivals 2-star , not impressed. As I said earlier I'm sure he will get his touches but won't be enough.

Not putting in on there to impress you. Just to validate as , you would put it, our "alleged" D1.

Manso/V8
11-24-2013, 06:15 PM

Wow, your words are very intimidating.

Pudlugger
11-24-2013, 06:41 PM

FWIW I'm impressed. Some good schools are looking at him and an offer on the table by CSC. He will be a force to recon with for sure. 4.4 speed @ 6'3" will be hard to defend. He will no doubt put some points on the board. Papa is just talking a little smack is all. I wonder who Kates will assign to defend him. The 'Stangs will probably try to get him one on one with Dobbins #22 who is a freshman CB 5' 6" to get the mis-match. Trouble is Dobbins is an incredible athlete capable of defending much taller receivers and has plenty of speed to boot. This tactic has been tried by other teams and failed. It may be that our safety #5 Hutchison will come over to double up on the deep routes. Hutchison is the fastest member of our team. I don't know what he runs in the 40 but it has to be around 4.5.

99IHSMustang
11-24-2013, 06:55 PM
FWIW I'm impressed. Some good schools are looking at him and an offer on the table by CSC. He will be a force to recon with for sure. 4.4 speed @ 6'3" will be hard to defend. He will no doubt put some points on the board. Papa is just talking a little smack is all. I wonder who Kates will assign to defend him. The 'Stangs will probably try to get him one on one with Dobbins #22 who is a freshman CB 5' 6" to get the mis-match. Trouble is Dobbins is an incredible athlete capable of defending much taller receivers and has plenty of speed to boot. This tactic has been tried by other teams and failed. It may be that our safety #5 Hutchison will come over to double up on the deep routes. Hutchison is the fastest member of our team. I don't know what he runs in the 40 but it has to be around 4.5.

Ingleside typically does not produce many D1 athletes, but it is good to see this young man get some recognition. Regardless you can't relay on 1 player to keep you in the game. It is going to take a near perfect game for the Mustangs to have a chance. The WR's had some dropped passes that would have gone for TD's or big plays against RGC. I have a feeling that they won't have the luxury of being able to do that again and expect to stay in this game.

speedbump
11-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Ingleside typically does not produce many D1 athletes, but it is good to see this young man get some recognition. Regardless you can't relay on 1 player to keep you in the game. It is going to take a near perfect game for the Mustangs to have a chance. The WR's had some dropped passes that would have gone for TD's or big plays against RGC. I have a feeling that they won't have the luxury of being able to do that again and expect to stay in this game.

You guys were the best team EC played in the R4 playoffs last year. The QB and receivers were really good and the line was pretty quick. If they can give the QB a little time he will give LG fits. I think this one is going to be a lot closer than some folks think.

Pudlugger
11-24-2013, 07:32 PM

That WR sounds pretty darn good. Looking at the stats for the Ingleside-Cuero and Sinton-Ingleside games total offense for the Stangs was around 275 yards with about 175 passing. It will take a lot more than that to beat La Grange though.

Pudlugger
11-24-2013, 07:34 PM
You guys were the best team EC played in the R4 playoffs last year. The QB and receivers were really good and the line was pretty quick. If they can give the QB a little time he will give LG fits. I think this one is going to be a lot closer than some folks think.

It is 2013 now Speedy. Thought you should know.

Pudlugger
11-24-2013, 07:37 PM

BTW does the Ingleside coach report stats to MaxxPreps? No players show up from Ingleside in the stats for receivers in district 30, R4 or Statewide 3a.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2013, 07:39 PM
BTW does the Ingleside coach report stats to MaxxPreps? No players show up from Ingleside in the stats for receivers in district 30, R4 or Statewide 3a.

nope

Pudlugger
11-24-2013, 07:41 PM
nope

Why would they do that? Super secret stats or something?

speedbump
11-24-2013, 07:48 PM
It is 2013 now Speedy. Thought you should know.

Yea and the Mustangs have the same QB and a couple of good receivers back in 2013 and no 5'6 freshman is going to cover the guy with D-1 offers. it may surprise you to know - he's a great athlete too. Just bigger and faster.

Pudlugger
11-24-2013, 08:29 PM
Yea and the Mustangs have the same QB and a couple of good receivers back in 2013 and no 5'6 freshman is going to cover the guy with D-1 offers. it may surprise you to know - he's a great athlete too. Just bigger and faster.

We held Garrett Gray from Marble Falls to 74 yards receiving his lowest all year. He is a 6'5" D1 recruit with 1216 yards receiving and averaging 126 yards per game.

speedbump
11-24-2013, 08:46 PM
We held Garrett Gray from Marble Falls to 74 yards receiving his lowest all year. He is a 6'5" D1 recruit with 1216 yards receiving and averaging 126 yards per game.

Means zero. That was the first game of the season MF had only 2-4 starters back and it was the Soph. QBs first varsity start.

PappaFeelGood
11-24-2013, 08:50 PM

The IS WR may be taller, however, faster is yet to be seen. The DB in question has proven himself time and time again. It will be a interesting match up.

Pudlugger
11-24-2013, 08:59 PM

Well everyone knows El Campo's big weakness was pass defense last year. It was their tremendous rushing game which got them to the final. When the Leps got themselves together after the ruinous first quarter they passed very effectively against the Ricebirds scoring 3 tds. Stephanville destroyed EC in their passing game. LG has a much better pass defense than El Campo in both 2012 and 2013 so projecting how LG will fare against Ingleside's passing attack in 2013 based on the EC 2012 team's difficulty in defending the pass against Ingleside is, in a word, hogswallop.

Pudlugger
11-24-2013, 09:21 PM
Means zero. That was the first game of the season MF had only 2-4 starters back and it was the Soph. QBs first varsity start.

Two weeks latter Gray hung 202 yards on Burnet with that same sophomore qb. Maybe the Lep defense had a little to do with that young qb's difficulties? Speedy you just like to dig on LG don't you? You seem to be having difficulty dealing with El Campo's thumping by La Grange in round one. Give it up man. Just let it go and move on. It must kill you to admit LG has a good pass defense. IS has a D1 receiver. LG will defend the pass well. LG has too many weapons to bear and one player will not be enough of a difference. LG has played teams with elite players such as Hopkins from Cuero, Tre Hights from Yoakum, Caldwell from Columbus, Gray from MF and that guy from SV (can't recall his name but he is a player). The Leps won all those games handily.

regaleagle
11-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Sounds to me like LaGrange is a shoe-in. Too late....I already voted. But I did vote for LG in this one and in my bracket. Go get em, Leps.

99IHSMustang
11-24-2013, 09:27 PM
Two weeks latter Gray hung 202 yards on Burnet with that same sophomore qb. Maybe the Lep defense had a little to do with that young qb's difficulties? Speedy you just like to dig on LG don't you? You seem to be having difficulty dealing with El Campo's thumping by La Grange in round one. Give it up man. Just let it go and move on. It must kill you to admit LG has a good pass defense. IS has a D1 receiver. LG will defend the pass well. LG has too many weapons to bear and one player will not be enough of a difference. LG has played teams with elite players such as Hopkins from Cuero, Tre Hights from Yoakum, Caldwell from Columbus, Gray from MF and that guy from SV (can't recall his name but he is a player). The Leps won all those games handily.

Most of the teams that have tried to play Terrance 1 on 1 didn't have much success. That is not to say that LG couldn't because they may have the right athlete to do so. When he has been doubled that has freed up other WR's. We will need those other WR's to step up this game.

Manso/V8
11-24-2013, 09:31 PM
The IS WR may be taller, however, faster is yet to be seen. The DB in question has proven himself time and time again. It will be a interesting match up.

Why are you dogging on the Mustang WR so bad?

Pudlugger
11-24-2013, 09:38 PM

We're not ragging on the IS WR we're arguing Speedy's implication that the Leps will not be able to contain him. It is nothing personal in regards to the player just whether our secondary can hang with him. That is complimentary really.

44INAROW
11-24-2013, 09:39 PM
It's going to be a long week😉🏈

PappaFeelGood
11-24-2013, 09:50 PM

No one is "dogging" Mr. Robinson. I stated several replies ago that he will get his touches. I also made a reference that IS will need more. I also believe our DB s will hold their own and have speed also.

speedbump
11-24-2013, 10:03 PM

For starters , I simply said if the Mustang line gives the QB time they could give the leps fits. Hardly a dig at the mighty Leps. I know one can't have an opinion where Lg is concerned unless it's kissing up. It's also funny how you crow about your pass defense against MF who completed 26 of 49 against you and yet say ECs was bad because you completed 13 of 25. I don't think IS can win this game but I believe you will be surprised at how well they play you.

Why in the world would I have trouble dealing with ECs loss to LG? I said before the game it would be an uphill climb for the Birds. The problem seems to be yours. I haven't announced that LG is the greatest well oiled machine in the world since they beat the Birds and you can't handle that.

Pudlugger
11-24-2013, 10:39 PM
How sturdy is Ingleside's defense against the run? The Leps like to run the ball and do so about 2 out of 3 downs. They run out of multiple formations and like to go up the middle off the guards or tackles. They also run a nifty qb option around the ends and pitch out to the trailing tb. #3 Filmore is a strong runner and has over 1400 yards rushing this year. He is also our top receiver as they like to throw to the rb out in the flat. #3 Hutchison plays both ways as rb and safety coming in on rotation with Filmore and #22 Dobbins. Hutchison is a speed merchant who hits the hole fast and can take it to the house on any play. Filmore is a power runner with great lateral moves and very hard to bring down. I expect our game plan will be to control the clock with the running game and keep the IS offense off the field as much as possible. If IS tries to stack the box the leps will throw to #14 TE Scott or Filmore to keep the linebackers honest.

Manso/V8
11-24-2013, 11:13 PM
No one is "dogging" Mr. Robinson. I stated several replies ago that he will get his touches. I also made a reference that IS will need more. I also believe our DB s will hold their own and have speed also.

Yeah, but you aren't impressed that the kid already has a D1 offer at WR.
You should at least fake some type of appreciation of what that means.

buff4ever
11-25-2013, 12:44 AM
Lg by 3 scores.

MustangFootball
11-25-2013, 01:08 AM
How sturdy is Ingleside's defense against the run? The Leps like to run the ball and do so about 2 out of 3 downs. They run out of multiple formations and like to go up the middle off the guards or tackles. They also run a nifty qb option around the ends and pitch out to the trailing tb. #3 Filmore is a strong runner and has over 1400 yards rushing this year. He is also our top receiver as they like to throw to the rb out in the flat. #3 Hutchison plays both ways as rb and safety coming in on rotation with Filmore and #22 Dobbins. Hutchison is a speed merchant who hits the hole fast and can take it to the house on any play. Filmore is a power runner with great lateral moves and very hard to bring down. I expect our game plan will be to control the clock with the running game and keep the IS offense off the field as much as possible. If IS tries to stack the box the leps will throw to #14 TE Scott or Filmore to keep the linebackers honest.

Ingleside touts another D1 prospect who missed the El Campo game last year... Christian Britt is the leader of our defense he stands 6-2 215 pounds.

http://247sports.com/Player/Christian-Britt-32283

Pudlugger
11-25-2013, 07:36 AM
Ingleside touts another D1 prospect who missed the El Campo game last year... Christian Britt is the leader of our defense he stands 6-2 215 pounds.

http://247sports.com/Player/Christian-Britt-32283

Very impressive. He is a good sized young man and no doubt will acquire some attention from several D1 schools. Our O line will need to work hard to keep him out of the backfield. Does he play both ways? He looks like he oughta be carrying the rock.

99IHSMustang
11-25-2013, 08:58 AM
Very impressive. He is a good sized young man and no doubt will acquire some attention from several D1 schools. Our O line will need to work hard to keep him out of the backfield. Does he play both ways? He looks like he oughta be carrying the rock.

He does from time to time. If he is ok to play this Friday he will be carrying the ball some.

MUSTANG69
11-25-2013, 12:01 PM

He is used as a running back in short yardage situations. He is very strong and hard to bring down.

hookandladder
11-25-2013, 01:43 PM
IS has one D-1 recruit, so will give them 2 Td's . La Grange 42-14.

Manso/V8
11-25-2013, 01:46 PM

Catch up hook, IS has two kids with D1 offers.
Hopefully the D1 LB prospect is good to go for this game.

99IHSMustang
11-25-2013, 01:51 PM

Actually 2. There might be a 3rd. I had heard Trent Selby got an offer from UTSA.

BB BULLS
11-25-2013, 01:52 PM
oh hell they have two D1 guys, thats enough for me changed my mind IS by a bunch. hahahaha not really. Hook do yall have any D1 offers? it looks like you better get some for this game if you dont. i guess if you dont have any D1 offers your not very good.

hookandladder
11-25-2013, 02:11 PM
After finding out more info. , I will have to change my prediction. La Grange 42-16.

hookandladder
11-25-2013, 02:13 PM
oh hell they have two D1 guys, thats enough for me changed my mind IS by a bunch. hahahaha not really. Hook do yall have any D1 offers? it looks like you better get some for this game if you dont. i guess if you dont have any D1 offers your not very good.

Pretty much same as last time when we won State, had one D-1 recruit that year and won.

99IHSMustang
11-25-2013, 02:38 PM
After finding out more info. , I will have to change my prediction. La Grange 42-16.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say La Grange 3 Ingleside 7.

BB BULLS
11-25-2013, 02:56 PM
I am going to go out on a limb here and say La Grange 3 Ingleside 7.

you better get off that limb before you hurt yourself. I am a long way from being a Lep fan I will tell that up front. If you think you are gonna hold them to 3 points you need to put down whatever your somking cause that is not gonna happen. you have just as good a chance at as any other team to win but your gonna have to score a whole lot more points then 7

hookandladder
11-25-2013, 03:11 PM
This years Lep team with close to 18 returning starters is no surprise to most at their success so far this year, The Hutchinson kid ( Junior) has really turned it up this year, playing on both sides of the ball. Also our Freshman ( JK Dobbins) is seeing PT on both sides of the ball as well, talk about special wait till he is the featured back. D-1 recruiters are going to be all over him for the next couple years , he plays like a Senior right now. I know you have to take it one game at a time however if they make the Semi-Final round , Carthage will most likely be the first reall test of the year. Lot's of work to do first but would love to see that matchup.

99IHSMustang
11-25-2013, 03:15 PM
you better get off that limb before you hurt yourself. I am a long way from being a Lep fan I will tell that up front. If you think you are gonna hold them to 3 points you need to put down whatever your somking cause that is not gonna happen. you have just as good a chance at as any other team to win but your gonna have to score a whole lot more points then 7

lol... hook, line, and sinker... haha

BB BULLS
11-25-2013, 03:21 PM
:doh:

99IHSMustang
11-25-2013, 03:25 PM
:doh:

BB your sig says it best... :)

pirate4state
11-25-2013, 03:32 PM
goodness...this thread is LIVELY!

Ingleside gonna have their hands full. As much as I hate to say it :twitch: don't count them out.

Hopefully their D1 WR won't show his ass again and cost his team a TD like he did against Grulla. That was just dumb!

Good luck Ingleside.

PappaFeelGood
11-25-2013, 03:38 PM

Ingleside gonna have their hands full. As much as I hate to say it :twitch: don't count them out.

Hopefully their D1 WR won't show his ass again and cost his team a TD like he did against Grulla. That was just dumb!

Good luck Ingleside.

44 said it was going to be a long week. :stirpot:

BB BULLS
11-25-2013, 03:38 PM
BB your sig says it best... :)

that is so true! here is my take on the game LG will run the ball very good they have a big O-line that will get get after it. they will throw the ball if they have to and are good at that as well. i just dont think IS can keep up. LG also has a Def that is really well balanced. i dont know much about IS except for what is on here. we all think that our team will always win, but sometimes you just run into a much better all round team. LG 42 IS 28

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2013, 04:21 PM
Actually 2. There might be a 3rd. I had heard Trent Selby got an offer from UTSA.

If he could just hold on to the ball, Mustangs passing game would be tough, Selby is 6'2" 4.5 speed? He has room to develop would be a good pickup for a college team.

99IHSMustang
11-25-2013, 04:24 PM
If he could just hold on to the ball, Mustangs passing game would be tough, Selby is 6'2" 4.5 speed? He has room to develop would be a good pickup for a college team.

Indeed. We need him to step up. I wonder how he would do at RB? We might need him there... :)

MUSTANG69
11-25-2013, 04:26 PM

Good luck Ingleside.

I think I can guarantee he WILL NOT pull that stunt again. He is really a good kid. I don't think anybody would have believed he would get called for taunting.

PappaFeelGood
11-25-2013, 04:31 PM

Stang please help me understand something. Who is Terrance Gross and who is Terrance Robinson? The two last names are confusing.

99IHSMustang
11-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Stang please help me understand something. Who is Terrance Gross and who is Terrance Robinson? The two last names are confusing.

It is the same young man. He started going by Terrance Gross this season. I am not sure of the specifics.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Stang please help me understand something. Who is Terrance Gross and who is Terrance Robinson? The two last names are confusing.LOL!! our announcer gave up trying to figure out which Gross it was once he realize his last name isn't Robinson this year. Their rb is also Gross, Jalen.

PappaFeelGood
11-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Thanks Stang.

Pudlugger
11-25-2013, 05:00 PM
One thing that worries me a little is that we had an easy win last week. IS will be a few levels higher in all respects so the Leps need to be ready for a tough game. The level of play in the Regional Finals is considerably higher than round 2. I know this team is very focused and well coached and they should come out on fire. The "Stangs are a good solid team with some real weapons on offense so it will be up to the defense to get the stops to allow the offense opportunities to score early and often. These kids have played their hearts out all year and do not want to go home. I know that is true of the Mustangs as well. It is the Playoffs winner goes on and loser goes home.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Glad it's an early start, I plan to go to San Marcos to see most of this game depending how long it goes.

99IHSMustang
11-25-2013, 05:12 PM
Thanks Stang.

No problem.

Manso/V8
11-25-2013, 07:06 PM
One thing that worries me a little is that we had an easy win last week. IS will be a few levels higher in all respects so the Leps need to be ready for a tough game. The level of play in the Regional Finals is considerably higher than round 2. I know this team is very focused and well coached and they should come out on fire. The "Stangs are a good solid team with some real weapons on offense so it will be up to the defense to get the stops to allow the offense opportunities to score early and often. These kids have played their hearts out all year and do not want to go home. I know that is true of the Mustangs as well. It is the Playoffs winner goes on and loser goes home.

Get those lugnuts good and tight, now is not the time to let a wheel get wobbly or worse............

Manso/V8
11-25-2013, 07:11 PM

Careful about throwing that offer talk around, UTSA talks to lots of kids, the offers are a little harder to come by............

Lots of kids run a 4.5, at least on paper, its the kids that also do the other things right, like be taller than 6'2" and hold on to ball that get offers.

Pudlugger
11-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Get those lugnuts good and tight, now is not the time to let a wheel get wobbly or worse............

Yes, it's showtime.

Mustang95
11-25-2013, 07:47 PM
Breaking News!!!!! La Grange football team discovers cure for cancer!!!!

PappaFeelGood
11-25-2013, 07:57 PM

Lug nuts are tight. Engine is being fine tuned. Kate's et al will have this team focused and ready to execute on Friday afternoon.

Pudlugger
11-25-2013, 09:02 PM

Welcome to 3aDownlow Mustang95. La Grange Leps are just hard working disciplined high school athletes who have good talent and size and a strong will to win. We don't have any superstars, we do have one or two D1 prospects and a D1 commit to aTm, some great coaches and a community that backs them up. We're not like some folks up in Central or East Texas. We are not planning our SC victory parade or making a place for the State Championship trophy in our schools entrance hallway. We play one game at a time and prepare accordingly. We have maybe a handful of posters on the board some relatively new and some old timers like me. We have tremendous pride for our team especially in this exceptional season. So if we come off as homers well that's okay because we are going to back our team. I don't think things are that much different than Ingleside folks. Here's to a hard fought injury free clean game Friday with the best team winning.

Manso/V8
11-25-2013, 09:18 PM
Welcome to 3aDownlow Mustang95. La Grange Leps are just hard working disciplined high school athletes who have good talent and size and a strong will to win. We don't have any superstars, we do have one or two D1 prospects and a D1 commit to aTm, some great coaches and a community that backs them up. We're not like some folks up in Central or East Texas. We are not planning our SC victory parade or making a place for the State Championship trophy in our schools entrance hallway. We play one game at a time and prepare accordingly. We have maybe a handful of posters on the board some relatively new and some old timers like me. We have tremendous pride for our team especially in this exceptional season. So if we come off as homers well that's okay because we are going to back our team. I don't think things are that much different than Ingleside folks. Here's to a hard fought injury free clean game Friday with the best team winning.

I recognize that same post from 2010. Don't take me wrong, I enjoy reading what you have to say about high school football and the Leps, but a lot of your posts are starting to look familiar. Do you keep a library of past posts, then cut and paste key words to update them?

BTW, thanks for dropping that comic strip signature, it was taking up a lot of page space!

Pudlugger
11-25-2013, 10:08 PM
I recognize that same post from 2010. Don't take me wrong, I enjoy reading what you have to say about high school football and the Leps, but a lot of your posts are starting to look familiar. Do you keep a library of past posts, then cut and paste key words to update them?

BTW, thanks for dropping that comic strip signature, it was taking up a lot of page space!

So you find my literary style tedious do you? I'm just an old dog and suffer the frailties of repeating myself and losing my train of thought. Pardon me for plodding along, it is unintentional.

Yes the signature ran its course and was time to move on.

Manso/V8
11-25-2013, 10:18 PM
So you find my literary style tedious do you? I'm just an old dog and suffer the frailties of repeating myself and losing my train of thought. Pardon me for plodding along, it is unintentional.

Yes the signature ran its course and was time to move on.

Just kidding Pudlugger, I enjoy your yarns.
Since you dropped the comic strip, I am bringing back the flip cup in honor of the Leps 3rd round game.
This flip cup event took place at Luther Hill church camp just outside of La Grange.

Pudlugger
11-25-2013, 10:37 PM
:spitlol:

Ya got to watch those Lutherans, they really know how to party.:D

YTBulldogs
11-25-2013, 10:46 PM
Just kidding Pudlugger, I enjoy your yarns.
Since you dropped the comic strip, I am bringing back the flip cup in honor of the Leps 3rd round game.
This flip cup event took place at Luther Hill church camp just outside of La Grange.

:clap::2thumbsup

Pudlugger
11-25-2013, 11:03 PM
So Manso how do you like my new signature? I'm an old dog now but here's one of my baby photos.

Pudlugger
11-25-2013, 11:10 PM
Here's a more recent photo.

Manso/V8
11-25-2013, 11:15 PM
So Manso how do you like my new signature? I'm an old dog now but here's one of my baby photos.

It can't be one of your baby photos. It would have to be in black and white, and probably taken with a "Brownie".......

The puppy photo definitely evokes some emotion, but a much different emotion than the flip cup .gif.
I guess one could say the puppy photo captures the spirit of your Lep posts, and balances out the flip cup .gif.

MustangFootball
11-26-2013, 12:22 AM

Welcome to the board Mustang95 It's nice to have another Mustang fan on the board.

Manso/V8
11-26-2013, 01:02 AM
Here's a more recent photo.

......and I always thought you were black.

Pudlugger
11-26-2013, 09:03 AM
That's some talent that young lady has Manso. I wonder if she could flip a pizza on that caboose. Anyway, back to football. Gonzales will be playing a Huey Chancellor team so I expect he will have his guys ready and fired up. The Apaches are rolling so it will be a great game.

The Mustangs like to throw the ball a lot. The Leps defense will be 180 degrees from what they used against the slot t last Friday. I actually think they do as well defending the pass as the run. Columbus, CL, Cuero and El Campo were primarily running teams and they were handled easily by the Lep defense. The last primarily passing team they played was Marble Falls way back in game 1. Yoakum, Smithville and Giddings threw quit a bit but were more balanced. It will be interesting to see how Coach Kates manages the defense Friday.

Ranger354
11-26-2013, 09:49 AM

Glad to see you made it!

duckhunter
11-26-2013, 11:38 AM
Lg should roll in this game. Lg should roll all the way to Carthage and then who knows? Only thing that worries me with LG is maybe with the holidays and everyone telling then how good they are their head might get a little big? Like pud says take it one game at a time. That will be key. I'd hate to see the Leps slip up mentally.

BB BULLS
11-26-2013, 11:45 AM
I have no dog in this fight so i dont really care who wins as long they represent R4 well through the rest of the playoffs. all i see on other post are S-Ville & Carthage or some other team at SC. we get no love in R4, who ever comes out of R4 i will be rooting for them. play hard but most of all have safe travels during the holiday you all know there are some crazy people out there. Good luck and have fun.

garza0
11-26-2013, 11:50 AM
If Ingleside can get their run game going along with the passing game... this should be interesting. I hope Jalen Gross comes back Friday 100%
We need him at RB & CB. Hes the Honey Badger of Ingleside.
Tristen Barajas needs to make quick smart decisions, because im sure La Granges D has a good line.

I wish I knew more about La Grange to make an accurate prediction.

duckhunter
11-26-2013, 11:54 AM
I wish I knew more about La Grange to make an accurate prediction.

Big, fast, athletic. Good little team

garza0
11-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Big, fast, athletic. Good little team

I believe it, theyre in the 3rd round and undefeated.
in my opinion, Inglesides playoff hopes are in the hands of the QB Tristen B. Hes going to need 300+ yards to win or have a chance at a W. Hopefully we can get the Air Raid going along with a run game.
Good thing about tristen is that he can get hot quick.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2013, 12:07 PM
I believe it, theyre in the 3rd round and undefeated.
in my opinion, Inglesides playoff hopes are in the hands of the QB Tristen B. Hes going to need 300+ yards to win or have a chance at a W. Hopefully we can get the Air Raid going along with a run game.
Good thing about tristen is that he can get hot quick.He can extend plays also some nice scrambles this past weekend. Hope to see Mustangs passing game rolling on Friday.

YTBulldogs
11-26-2013, 12:12 PM
Good thing about tristen is that he can get hot quick.

LaGrange is good at making QB's get so hot, they melt.

garza0
11-26-2013, 12:20 PM
LaGrange is good at making QB's get so hot, they melt.

:clap:
Wow, i dont know what was weaker.. that joke or La Granges Schedule

MUSTANG69
11-26-2013, 12:26 PM

Terrance changed his last name to his mother's. Reason unknown.

hookandladder
11-26-2013, 12:29 PM

Come Friday you will find out for yourself, yes LG schedule was weak . Only 3 teams out of their own District are in round 3 of the playoffs, give me a freaking break.

MUSTANG69
11-26-2013, 12:30 PM

Welcome to the DownLow

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Come Friday you will find out for yourself, yes LG schedule was weak . Only 3 teams out of their own District are in round 3 of the playoffs, give me a freaking break.

is it you with the RV? Remember someone from La Grange having one at the parking lot back in 2009 playoff game.

Pudlugger
11-26-2013, 01:19 PM

You don't get around much on this board do you? LG was District Champion in D26 where 3 of the four teams are still playing in round 3. Gonzales who LG beat 49-19 has beaten two District Champions in a row in the playoffs and was the 4th team in our district. Our strength of schedule was 17.7 while IS was 7.8 by MaxPreps. LG ranked 6th in 3a Ingleside ranked 50th by MaxPreps. As for me, I know stats don't win football games and normally don't bring them up in anticipation of games especially in the playoffs where upsets are common, but since you brought it up about strength of schedule I thought I'd flesh it out a little for you.:stirpot:

Pudlugger
11-26-2013, 01:21 PM
is it you with the RV? Remember someone from La Grange having one at the parking lot back in 2009 playoff game.

That's Hook. We enjoyed his hospitality and fine BBQ for three years. Maybe he will tailgate again this year if so I'm sure he would welcome yall.

YTBulldogs
11-26-2013, 01:23 PM
H&L tailgate operations is the best in state. He'll feed ya, then beat ya. I know that all too well. :doh:

garza0
11-26-2013, 01:35 PM
You don't get around much on this board do you? LG was District Champion in D26 where 3 of the four teams are still playing in round 3. Gonzales who LG beat 49-19 has beaten two District Champions in a row in the playoffs and was the 4th team in our district. Our strength of schedule was 17.7 while IS was 7.8 by MaxPreps. LG ranked 6th in 3a Ingleside ranked 50th by MaxPreps. As for me, I know stats don't win football games and normally don't bring them up in anticipation of games especially in the playoffs where upsets are common, but since you brought it up about strength of schedule I thought I'd flesh it out a little for you.:stirpot:

:wave:

44INAROW
11-26-2013, 01:48 PM

Looks like Jr High has access to wifi... :vrycnfsd:

. :blahblah:

hookandladder
11-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Damn guys, you giving my ID out to all these downlowers. Just kidding , we take care of business on Friday then it is Tailgate city the rest of the way. To many irons in the fire right now, Turkey, fishing and hunting at POC this weekend.

garza0
11-26-2013, 02:13 PM
haha, im just joking with yall guys. Its going to be a good game. :clap:

Pudlugger
11-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Damn guys, you giving my ID out to all these downlowers. Just kidding , we take care of business on Friday then it is Tailgate city the rest of the way. To many irons in the fire right now, Turkey, fishing and hunting at POC this weekend.

Fair enough hook. I hope you catch a nice big red drum and bag a few Mallards.

99IHSMustang
11-26-2013, 05:38 PM
It looks the weather is going to be great on Friday.

PappaFeelGood
11-26-2013, 08:05 PM

Garza please.......you better research your facts before make statements like this.:tisk:

YTBulldogs
11-26-2013, 08:58 PM
Garza please.......you better research your facts before make statements like this.:tisk:

For real. That joke wasn't that bad, was it?:thumbsup:

99IHSMustang
11-26-2013, 09:03 PM
For real. That joke wasn't that bad, was it?:thumbsup:

I thought it was pretty good myself. :D

MustangFootball
11-27-2013, 09:00 AM
Hearing today we will not be losing Kyle (32) and Chris (24) both should be playing in this game. But Jalen (25) will likely be out and Bobby (5) too.....good luck guys Fridays almost here.

Pudlugger
11-27-2013, 09:20 AM
Good to hear IS will have their injured players back. Leps want to play the best. Weather is getting better and the anticipation for a cool Fall day of football is competing with my thoughts of fried turkey, cranberries, mushroom gravey and stuffing. Oh yeah and pumpkin pie with whipped cream on top. Go Leps!

99IHSMustang
11-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Hearing today we will not be losing Kyle (32) and Chris (24) both should be playing in this game. But Jalen (25) will likely be out and Bobby (5) too.....good luck guys Fridays almost here.

That is good news.

99IHSMustang
11-27-2013, 09:33 AM
Good to hear IS will have their injured players back. Leps want to play the best. Weather is getting better and the anticipation for a cool Fall day of football is competing with my thoughts of fried turkey, cranberries, mushroom gravey and stuffing. Oh yeah and pumpkin pie with whipped cream on top. Go Leps!

Mmmm Thanksgiving food.

44INAROW
11-27-2013, 09:51 AM
fried turkey, cranberries, mushroom gravey and stuffing. Oh yeah and pumpkin pie with whipped cream on top. Go Leps!

Sounds good...... I'll be eating Maudie's Mexican Food at the Austin airport for Thanksgiving lunch :( but that's OK - we're having fried turkey, etc on Friday at my son's house in FL... Never traveled on Thanksgiving Day - not sure what to expect....
I will be listening to the LG vs Inglside game as well as the Gobblers vs Pirates.......... :)

BB BULLS
11-27-2013, 11:46 AM
Sounds good...... I'll be eating Maudie's Mexican Food at the Austin airport for Thanksgiving lunch :( but that's OK - we're having fried turkey, etc on Friday at my son's house in FL... Never traveled on Thanksgiving Day - not sure what to expect....
I will be listening to the LG vs Inglside game as well as the Gobblers vs Pirates.......... :)

be safe watch out for crazy people on the road

speedbump
11-27-2013, 10:10 PM

Mushroom gravy?? Stuffing?? Just as I thought !! A yankee in our midst.

MustangFootball
11-28-2013, 12:08 AM
Heard earlier this week that Ingleside is the HOME team. Wow wondering why we are playing so far away.

Pudlugger
11-28-2013, 08:52 AM
Well, Bobcat Stadum is an awesome venue. It will be a very comfortable house for all the fans and the turf is fantastic.

76IHSMustang
11-28-2013, 11:55 AM
I have mixed feelings about this game but I got to go with the Leps in this one. From what I have been able research, I believe the Mustangs are going to possibly give us a high scoring game. But the huge quick OL and potent offensive weapons will wear them down. Leps by 14.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

99IHSMustang
11-28-2013, 12:04 PM
I have mixed feelings about this game but I got to go with the Leps in this one. From what I have been able research, I believe the Mustangs are going to possibly give us a high scoring game. But the huge quick OL and potent offensive weapons will wear them down. Leps by 14.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Ingleside will be definitely overmatched from LG's offensive and defensive line sized. That is not anything knew for them. Hopefully their quickness can be leveraged to some type of advantage. I am looking forward to heading out to San Marcos to catch the game tomorrow.

Pudlugger
11-28-2013, 02:55 PM
Ingleside will be definitely overmatched from LG's offensive and defensive line sized. That is not anything knew for them. Hopefully their quickness can be leveraged to some type of advantage. I am looking forward to heading out to San Marcos to catch the game tomorrow.

The LG OL averages 260lbs with the range of 220-320lbs. These guys are not overweight, they are very fit and get off the ball quickly. They LG offense likes to run. Two out of three plays will be running plays. They have the strength to run up the middle and the speed to go wide. The Qb #12 Davis is a dual threat and the 3rd leading rusher behind #3 Filmore and #5 Hutchison. Davis's running style reminds me of the Giddings Qb a few years back named Fitzhenry. He is quick and shifty and hard to bring down on the first hit. He has a more powerful arm that can loft the ball deep with accuracy. The Leps like to start on offense and get on the board first. Ingleside will need to stop the running game on 1st and 2nd downs to get the chance for a stop. The defense is quick to the ball and the front four are hard to block though not as big as the OL. The goal line stand DL is huge though with #70 Ledwick, #64 Schindler and #72 Gage anchoring the middle.

speedbump
11-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Food for thought - Six of the last nine times EC has been to the playoffs,the team that eliminated them played in the SC game and that was the case in 2010, 11 and 12, now here it is 2013. hmmmmm.....

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Hearing today we will not be losing Kyle (32) and Chris (24) both should be playing in this game. But Jalen (25) will likely be out and Bobby (5) too.....good luck guys Fridays almost here.Hopefully Jalen plays in this game. Good luck Mustangs, see yall at the game.

99IHSMustang
11-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Hopefully Jalen plays in this game. Good luck Mustangs, see yall at the game.

Good luck to Sinton as well. Let's see if D30 can pull a couple of upsets. :)

Pudlugger
11-29-2013, 08:54 AM
Game day! Good luck to the Leps safe travels for all and an injury free clean game.

MustangFootball
11-29-2013, 10:08 AM
Game day baby!!!! Woooohooo

Let's go Mustangs!!!!! not sure how cold it's gonna be at the game the my I phone says high of 63 so I'm taking a hoodie, hope that's enough.
Safe travels to everyone on the road.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2013, 11:34 AM
GATA Mustangs! GO Mustangs! D30!

Last season of district 30 so lets make it a memorable one!

Heading out to the game in about an hr! GameDay!

99IHSMustang
11-29-2013, 11:38 AM
Gameday!!! I hope everyone travels safe. The outlet malls in San Marcos are going to cause some bad traffic because of black Friday so you might want to factor in an additional 15 to 20 mins.

MustangFootball
11-29-2013, 03:01 PM
Nice stadium.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2013, 03:38 PM
Nice stadium.

Yep it has change last time I was here.

Missed 1st qtr just gott here

29-3aFAN
11-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Score?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2013, 03:48 PM
score?

28-12 lg 2nd qtr

76IHSMustang
11-29-2013, 04:14 PM
Leps up 40-12 halftime

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

29-3aFAN
11-29-2013, 04:14 PM
lookin like a rematch between La Grange and Gonzales

99IHSMustang
11-29-2013, 04:18 PM
lookin like a rematch between La Grange and Gonzales

Gonzales won already?? I thought they played tomorrow?

29-3aFAN
11-29-2013, 04:19 PM

Tomorrow at 6 in Victoria

1stnurseryman
11-29-2013, 04:20 PM

They'll win.. I say by 21

hookandladder
11-29-2013, 04:59 PM
LG pretty dominating again , my prediction was a little off but figuire Coach K would call the dogs off.

hookandladder
11-29-2013, 05:33 PM
I guess our second team players are having a good day also, next.

Gontex
11-29-2013, 05:40 PM
La Grange wins 61-24. Ingleside scored a meaningless touchdown as time expired against the Lep's second team defense. Pretty much complete domination by the Leps. Congratulations.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2013, 06:16 PM
Good season Mustangs. LaGrange offense to strong, best I've seen this season. Mustang offense was doing ok, LG defense step it up in 2nd qtr. Good luck LG represent region 4 in semi finals.

Scoop27
11-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Go Leps

99IHSMustang
11-29-2013, 06:40 PM
Congratulations LG on the huge win. I will be listening and rooting for you guys the rest of the way. Maybe I might get to see your team play again at Jerry's world in a couple of weeks. :)

BB BULLS
11-29-2013, 07:03 PM
Congratulations LG on the huge win. I will be listening and rooting for you guys the rest of the way. Maybe I might get to see your team play again at Jerry's world in a couple of weeks. :)

IMO LG cant beat any team out there. Hook got give it to you guys, they are a very good team

Scoop27
11-29-2013, 07:14 PM
What was the turning point in the Leopards season to make them that good of a team that they are and can they make it all the way to the state championship?

rb585
11-29-2013, 07:30 PM
IMO LG cant beat any team out there. Hook got give it to you guys, they are a very good team

Not at all impressed by the QB, but the RBs and the O-Line are sooooooo good, and the defense is pretty solid.

if they run into a team who can handle that O-Line, they're going to have trouble, but that's not Gonzales, and I don't think it's Carthage either. Kilgore?

hookandladder
11-29-2013, 07:32 PM
What was the turning point in the Leopards season to make them that good of a team that they are and can they make it all the way to the state championship?

18 returning starters , no turning point . Solid coaching and good hard working kids, would have been the same if we had got by EC last year. 2009 all over again , Region 4 . Nuff said.

99IHSMustang
11-29-2013, 07:36 PM
Not at all impressed by the QB, but the RBs and the O-Line are sooooooo good, and the defense is pretty solid.

if they run into a team who can handle that O-Line, they're going to have trouble, but that's not Gonzales, and I don't think it's Carthage either. Kilgore?

The QB didn't really need to throw so I wouldn't really say that he wasn't impressive, but I agree with you about the O-line and RB's. They had some big boys on that line.

Manso/V8
11-29-2013, 08:53 PM
18 returning starters , no turning point . Solid coaching and good hard working kids, would have been the same if we had got by EC last year. 2009 all over again , Region 4 . Nuff said.

You just can't let that EC game go......

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
11-29-2013, 09:31 PM
FINAlLLY got a chance to watch the leps play today. I was very impressed. The QB looked solid. The 2 running backs were outstanding. The o line was dominating and played very... aggressive.. which u want from an o line.. The leps looked like a team that has a shot at a state championship for sure. Ingleside however disappointed me tremendously.. they were not good, plain and simple. They had no standout athletes at all in my eyes and looked as if they were a 2a program compared to the leps....I sat on their sideline and man they were unorganized. I guess i just wanted to see a tough game but damn the leps looked good, good luck LG i hope y'all take it!!

99IHSMustang
11-29-2013, 09:54 PM
FINAlLLY got a chance to watch the leps play today. I was very impressed. The QB looked solid. The 2 running backs were outstanding. The o line was dominating and played very... aggressive.. which u want from an o line.. The leps looked like a team that has a shot at a state championship for sure. Ingleside however disappointed me tremendously.. they were not good, plain and simple. They had no standout athletes at all in my eyes and looked as if they were a 2a program compared to the leps....I sat on their sideline and man they were unorganized. I guess i just wanted to see a tough game but damn the leps looked good, good luck LG i hope y'all take it!!

Unfortunately, Ingleside had no size compared to LG. The Ingleside QB had some good throws with whatever time he was given by the O-line. LG was just on another level.

Roughneck93
11-29-2013, 10:14 PM
Congrats LG!

Pudlugger
11-29-2013, 10:59 PM
The Leps played a great game against a scrappy IS team. IS had a good Qb and some fast receivers and #20 showed his stuff early with a 60 yard td reception. But the Leps just were relentless on offense scoring on every possession except the single fumble turnover in the 4th. Coach Kates would rotate #70 Ledwik in on defense in passing situations and he would push the Mustang o linemen double teaming him back into the backfield giving the IS Qb fits. The defense was too quick for IS to run wide and there was no room in the middle. The Leps have the whole package this year. There is a lot of talk from out in East Texas and RII regarding certain teams winning state but if the Leps keep it up they may have something to say about that. One more game with the winner of Gonzales/ Rockport and we will talk. Right now it is on to the next game no looking ahead.

MustangFootball
11-30-2013, 01:16 AM
Congrats La Grange on a well deserved win.... Go out and represent region 4 well, I will be cheering y'all on all the way to STATE!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2013, 02:08 AM
LG was impressive on offense. LINE was big and fit. That line keeps dominating like that good chance at being at the big game. GL La Grange.

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 10:11 AM
LG was impressive on offense. LINE was big and fit. That line keeps dominating like that good chance at being at the big game. GL La Grange.

Thanks SintonFan our OL has been outstanding all year. We lost one of our starters at tackle in the Gonzales game in week 5 but #50 a sophomore has really stepped up to fill the slot. Off season strength training is beginning to pay off with each week as we go deeper into the play offs. Coach Kates has played the bench consistently all year in the 3rd and 4th quarters and has developed real depth. One of the best moments in my mind yesterday was when Jay Dixon, backup Qb, ran 70 yards for a td against IS's first defense in the last LG score of the game. Obviously an effective OL is necessary for a successful running game but you have to give credit to our running backs #3 Filmore, a power runner with great moves, #5 Hutchison a speed burner who can take it to the house on any play and freshman #22 Dobbins who just continues to amaze. Our defense played a very good game as well. The Leps are going to take it one game at a time focusing on the winner of tonight Gonzales/Rockport game. If it is Gonzales the fact that we beat them 49-19 in district play will be meaningless as we all know it is difficult to win twice in the same season against a good team like Gonzales. If it is Rockport the Leps will respect their accomplishments and work all week to meet them with their best game. We had a huge crowd for LG yesterday in Bobcat Stadium. The community is getting the fever. Go Leps!

Manso/V8
11-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Congrats to the Leps on the win.
One game at a time, but we are all expecting you to advance to the semifinals and then represent R4 in the SC.

One thing about these deep playoff runs and the community catching the "fever", everyone feels young again......expect a spike in the local birth rate about 9 months from now!

cowboyandchrist
11-30-2013, 08:30 PM

you might want to take a look at what the Carthage defense has done to everybody in the playoffs. The first team D has only given up 7 points in three games. Navasota was averaging nearly 50 points a game and only scored 7 points. If you make it to the Dawgs, you will see how good they really are. I am not saying you could not beat them, anybody can get beat this deep in the playoffs, but if they are on there game, nobody can beat them. The best O line in the state no matter what classification, very big, very strong, and very quick. Three year starters at Q/B, TB, WR, and the O line. 10 of the players have started since they were sophmores. I don't know if the Dawgs will win it all, but, they believe they can, the coaches believe they can, and we the fans believe they can. God Bless and pray no injuries.

Pudlugger
11-30-2013, 09:28 PM
Leps O line are all 5'2" and weigh 115lbs but they're fast.

PappaFeelGood
11-30-2013, 09:37 PM
If both teams get to through the next week it would without a doubt be epic. First things first and that's a regional championship.

99IHSMustang
11-30-2013, 09:43 PM
Leps O line are all 5'2" and weigh 115lbs but they're fast.

I sense just a little bit of sarcasm. :)