PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 Regional GOTW: Gilmer (11-1) vs. Argyle (12-0) - 4 Years in a Row

Pages : [1] 2

buckeyebob
11-22-2013, 11:39 PM
Argyle - 2 wins, Buckeyes -1 win....Regional is Good Friday @ Kincaid Stadium...Time to be determined...The Buckeyes have laid 100 points in Bi-District / Aea & had 0 put on them. Will Argyle be able to handel the Bux...don't think so...let's do it! Game to see in Week 3.

Eagle Nation
11-23-2013, 12:10 AM
Good luck to both teams. Should be a great game. Might as mark it as GOTW for region 2

hollywood
11-23-2013, 01:16 AM
Yep, GOTW R2 fo sho!

I'm not picking a winner yet in this one. Too close to call for me right now. With the Argyle D not being full strength, this is going to be an interesting match up.

orange machine
11-23-2013, 01:25 AM
Argyle wins why because they are awesome! Gilmer will have to make Argyle throw!

slingshot
11-23-2013, 01:26 AM
Argyle by 14...

toddg
11-23-2013, 07:58 AM
Noticed Sizelove had 9 tackles last night...I thought he was injured..
This should be a great game.. This will be the most balanced team Gilmer has faced since last years SC game.. Both teams seem to be on a roll heading into this one for sure!!

Celina8
11-23-2013, 08:48 AM
I think Argyle takes this one and I can actually see Gilmer falling behind quickly as Argyle scores on almost every possession. They have total confidence in their running and passing game which reminds me of the 2007 Liberty Hill team that dominated Gilmer in the State Title game. What everyone fails to realize is how fast Argyle is on both sides of the ball. This is exactly how Liberty Hill was in 2007 and I see this game having the same outcome. It is going to be fun week on the Downlow and I plan on reading every thread!

buckeyebob
11-23-2013, 09:05 AM
Uh Oh! I thought we were supposed to be playing the same team as last year...my bad.

hollywood
11-23-2013, 09:07 AM
This should be a great game.. This will be the most balanced team Gilmer has faced since last years SC game.. Both teams seem to be on a roll heading into this one for sure!!

:eek:

orange machine
11-23-2013, 09:08 AM
I think the x factor in this game is gonna be Argyles kicker! Probably the best kicker in the nation if not all time!

hollywood
11-23-2013, 09:13 AM
I think the x factor in this game is gonna be Argyles kicker! Probably the best kicker in the nation if not all time!

Nah, the X-factor will be the ability of Argyles execution on offense. A good offense that can run with the threat of the pass has proven to give Gilmer challenges on defense. Especially their DL. Throw in the stout defense of Argyle, Gilmer is going to have to play their best game of the season to be able to win this game IMO. Does Gilmer have talent? Absolutely! Do they have the team to beat a team as good as Argyle this week? Absolutely! But again, I think it's going to take Gilmer playing their best football and executing flawlessly.

orange machine
11-23-2013, 09:26 AM
Nah, the X-factor will be the ability of Argyles execution on offense. A good offense that can run with the threat of the pass has proven to give Gilmer challenges on defense. Especially their DL. Throw in the stout defense of Argyle, Gilmer is going to have to play their best game of the season to be able to win this game IMO. Does Gilmer have talent? Absolutely! Do they have the team to beat a team as good as Argyle this week? Absolutely! But again, I think it's going to take Gilmer playing their best football and executing flawlessly.

Very astute comment!

regaleagle
11-23-2013, 09:42 AM
No, the X-factor will be the Argyle defense. Tanner Barr is what makes the Buckeyes go....he's their main cog. Without him at the helm, the Buckeyes are not nearly as dangerous. He's a very talented player and will give the Argyle D fits. Stop Tanner Barr and you stop Gilmer. Argyle will score and score often. If Argyle controls the TOP, it will put great pressure on Barr and the Gilmer offense to make their possessions count. Against this Argyle D, that will be a tall order. Argyle will bend at times, and I'm sure Gilmer will score on the Eagles D. But can they outscore Argyle? Can they control their possessions and score on most of them? And can they stop thunder and lightning? If the weather is good next week, Boyzuick will be back in to make this a 3-pronged attack. Argyle has the depth, the flexibility, and the talent to cause this excellent Buckeye squad some headaches.

Celina8
11-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Uh Oh! I thought we were supposed to be playing the same team as last year...my bad.

That is what Gilmer said about Kilgor....just saying you beat them the year before with the same team, but this year ...well ! Just having a little fun with you Buckeye don't get me wrong Gilmer is a great team. If they were coming in undefeated I would probably have a different outlook for this great battle.

hollywood
11-23-2013, 09:52 AM
No, the X-factor will be the Argyle defense. Tanner Barr is what makes the Buckeyes go....he's their main cog. Without him at the helm, the Buckeyes are not nearly as dangerous. He's a very talented player and will give the Argyle D fits. Stop Tanner Barr and you stop Gilmer. Argyle will score and score often. If Argyle controls the TOP, it will put great pressure on Barr and the Gilmer offense to make their possessions count. Against this Argyle D, that will be a tall order. Argyle will bend at times, and I'm sure Gilmer will score on the Eagles D. But can they outscore Argyle? Can they control their possessions and score on most of them? And can they stop thunder and lightning? If the weather is good next week, Boyzuick will be back in to make this a 3-pronged attack. Argyle has the depth, the flexibility, and the talent to cause this excellent Buckeye squad some headaches.

Regal, I had the opportunity to see both Gilmer and Kilgore. Gilmer's offense can move the ball on a good defense. Is Argyle's D stronger than Kilgore's? Maybe, maybe not. I do know that Gilmer's D-line is rather on the small side and if Argyle's OL is as big and physical as I think they are, Gilmer will be in for a big challenge. Gilmer's offense will have to play vertical football to have a chance. They will not be able to move the ball successfully by throwing screens, quick outs, and options.

Gilmer plays a speed and finesse game. Their OL and DL aren't what you would call big, but play good technique and play hard. Kilgore was able to play power and match their speed. Which gave Gilmer issues. We'll see how this weeks match up plays out.

hollywood
11-23-2013, 09:58 AM
That is what Gilmer said about Kilgor....just saying you beat them the year before with the same team, but this year ...well ! Just having a little fun with you Buckeye don't get me wrong Gilmer is a great team. If they were coming in undefeated I would probably have a different outlook for this great battle.

Give buckeyebob all the crap he can handle this week, because good lawd we know he's going to be dishing it out! Lol

We still love ya ole buddy ole powel. ;)

bobcat1
11-23-2013, 10:00 AM
If i'm not out of town, I'm heading to Kincaid. Should be a good one.

Eagle Nation
11-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Game time is set for 6pm Friday

Aesculus gilmus
11-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Argyle is a heavy favorite going into this game just as they were last year. I remember how shocked Gsquared was at last year's outcome.

If it turns out to be a day game, it will be even more difficult for Gilmer to stay in this game. Bux play better at night, IMHO.

That first beatdown Argyle put on us was in broad daylight in Ennis. I didn't go because I WAS thinking "Liberty Hill 2" going into that one.

Just got a text, though, that the kickoff is now set for 6 p.m. at Kincaide.

So, to paraphrase Lloyd Christmas in "Dumb and Dumber," "there's a chance" Gilmer can hang with Argyle in this game.
http://youtu.be/KX5jNnDMfxA

Bullaholic
11-23-2013, 10:47 AM
I've only seen Argyle, and I think they are very solid---especially on defense. They are lucky enough to have a team this season that has 11 players on each side of the ball who seem to be able to handle anybody. Gilmer may be as good, or even better---I don't know, but I'm betting that this one will be a real classic that has been anticipated since the beginning of the season, and without having seen Gilmer, I just can't predict a winner with any degree of insight. Love to be there for this one, but I can't.

lostaussie
11-23-2013, 11:02 AM
6:00 kickoff. Gilmer is home team. Should be a great game. Y'all don't let the Kilgore loss fool you. Six turnovers and we still almost beat them. We will be OK and we will be ready. Great atmosphere between two towns that really love their ball. This one we be just a little more special.

ccmom
11-23-2013, 11:07 AM

Me too. He's already back??

Aesculus gilmus
11-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Me too. He's already back??

Someone else is wearing No. 41 to honor him. Heard that on the Argyle broadcast last night.

regaleagle
11-23-2013, 11:17 AM
I agree lostaussie....Gilmer probably should have won that game. But they didn't partly because of themselves and partly because of Kilgore. Mistakes happen for reasons. Now Gilmer has had a chance to regroup and reflect on that loss, and the coaches have had a chance to make some adjustments to help the team be even more successful. Argyle has not played the schedule that Gilmer has, but has won every game with ease. Don't forget that Argyle has yet to play 4 quarters of football yet....I'm mean the real Argyle team this season. I think many posters and viewers are forgetting that fact. Give Argyle another quarter and nothing but starters playing the whole game and the stats would be off the charts. Most games a majority of the starters didn't play any in the 2nd half. At this juncture, I think I can finally say that it won't adversely affect this team. And now the backups are much more prepared to play at a high level if needed and into next season. But Gilmer is loaded with talent like Argyle, has great speed and quickness at all positions, and has a better, more experienced qb overall. It will be Argyle's ability to stop Gilmer's offense that makes the difference in this one. If Gilmer gets a 2 td lead, it shouldn't matter....Argyle can score on any given play. If Gilmer gets behind 2 TD's, they may have trouble getting back to an even score. Argyle's defense is just better than Gilmer's.....and that will make the difference this year....even without Sizelove and Hackney at their LB spots. This is just the way I see it. Argyle must gets some stops on Gilmer to slow them down. If they can do that, they will score and take the lead.

regaleagle
11-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Someone else is wearing No. 41 to honor him. Heard that on the Argyle broadcast last night.

Yes....Senior defensive lineman, standup DE, or whatever they ask of him....Micah Capra. We call him the DECAPRINATOR, and Gilmer will learn why. He's headed for a DI scholarship offer and an all-state honor, believe me. He started last season as well, and before that his brother was a big player for Argyle on our team that went to the SC game against Wimberley.

adoptedbuckeye
11-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Losing to Kilgore may have been the best thing for Gilmer because we have a renewed focus. Instead of playing not to lose, now we have to climb back up and play to prove ourselves again. We are always the underdog against Argyle and that's just fine. Our guys play better against teams they are supposed to lose to.

lostaussie
11-23-2013, 11:40 AM
One thing is for sure......a damn fine football team will be finished Friday night.

adoptedbuckeye
11-23-2013, 11:46 AM
I agree lostaussie....Gilmer probably should have won that game. But they didn't partly because of themselves and partly because of Kilgore. Mistakes happen for reasons. Now Gilmer has had a chance to regroup and reflect on that loss, and the coaches have had a chance to make some adjustments to help the team be even more successful. Argyle has not played the schedule that Gilmer has, but has won every game with ease. Don't forget that Argyle has yet to play 4 quarters of football yet....I'm mean the real Argyle team this season. I think many posters and viewers are forgetting that fact. Give Argyle another quarter and nothing but starters playing the whole game and the stats would be off the charts. Most games a majority of the starters didn't play any in the 2nd half. At this juncture, I think I can finally say that it won't adversely affect this team. And now the backups are much more prepared to play at a high level if needed and into next season. But Gilmer is loaded with talent like Argyle, has great speed and quickness at all positions, and has a better, more experienced qb overall. It will be Argyle's ability to stop Gilmer's offense that makes the difference in this one. If Gilmer gets a 2 td lead, it shouldn't matter....Argyle can score on any given play. If Gilmer gets behind 2 TD's, they may have trouble getting back to an even score. Argyle's defense is just better than Gilmer's.....and that will make the difference this year....even without Sizelove and Hackney at their LB spots. This is just the way I see it. Argyle must gets some stops on Gilmer to slow them down. If they can do that, they will score and take the lead.

Regal, I agree with you on all points. Gilmer cannot afford to get behind early...our first 2 playoff games we have had nothing but mistakes on our first offensive possessions, with things smoothing out in the second quarter. We CANNOT play sloppy at all against Argyle or we will go home. I don't know why Gilmer does that, just to stress me out I think, because they could be on a whole new level if they would just play with the same focus as last year. I know the coaches will put them in the best possible position to win this game, but it will come down to execution and stopping Argyle's running game I think.

firstdown
11-23-2013, 12:02 PM
One thing is for sure......a damn fine football team will be finished Friday night.

Ain't that the truth.

bobcat1
11-23-2013, 12:04 PM
This is the State Championship in D2. :D Kinda like Carthage Brownwood 2010. Funny at the same Stadium. Visitors won that game.

adoptedbuckeye
11-23-2013, 12:10 PM
This is the State Championship in D2. :D Kinda like Carthage Brownwood 2010. Funny at the same Stadium. Visitors won that game.

East Texas won that game :smoker:

waterboy
11-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Argyle's defense is just better than Gilmer's.....

Maybe..., maybe not...

We'll definitely have to play better than we have been to beat Argyle, especially on offense. We can't turn the ball over, for sure. I honestly think Gilmer is a "little" better than Argyle, but that doesn't always mean they'll win. If the Buckeyes can't focus on this one, they don't deserve the opportunity to advance. Either way, I think the winner of this one advances to the SC game, in my opinion.

ccmom
11-23-2013, 12:21 PM

Nice thing to do for a great player. :clap:

Aguilafanatico
11-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Maybe..., maybe not...

We'll definitely have to play better than we have been to beat Argyle, especially on offense. We can't turn the ball over, for sure. I honestly think Gilmer is a "little" better than Argyle, but that doesn't always mean they'll win. If the Buckeyes can't focus on this one, they don't deserve the opportunity to advance. Either way, I think the winner of this one advances to the SC game, in my opinion.

Hey Waterboy. Were you at the game last night? I saw a ton of G's there braving the weather........sitting on the Melissa side.

hollywood
11-23-2013, 01:07 PM

regaleagle, what you've said sounds like you're describing Stephenville. There are a few teams this season that have the luxury of having talent, depth and a strong program. In several occasions, if the starters were left in all 4 quarters, stats would be off the charts. The beauty of having a strong team and depth in every position is getting to let the underclassmen and backups gain pertinent experience.

44INAROW
11-23-2013, 02:22 PM

Good Luck to my Buckeye friends! 🏈

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

waterboy
11-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Hey Waterboy. Were you at the game last night? I saw a ton of G's there braving the weather........sitting on the Melissa side.

Nope. My eldest daughter had a basketball game and I couldn't miss it, especially seeing as I rarely get to see her play. I know a few who did, however. How was the weather?

Aguilafanatico
11-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Nope. My eldest daughter had a basketball game and I couldn't miss it, especially seeing as I rarely get to see her play. I know a few who did, however. How was the weather?

Weather was miserable. I was just curious as you say you"honestly think that Gilmer is a little better than Argyle". Have you seen Argyle play or is the "little better" just a result of your affiliation?

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Seen them both..and right now I cannot tell you who I think is better..they are that even IMO

hollywood
11-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Seen them both..and right now I cannot tell you who I think is better..they are that even IMO

I know this... Gilmer is not the #1 3A team in the state. They have a lot of execution progress to work on. If you don't see that, you're as blind as an aTm bat trying to find the South Congress colony in Austin!

adoptedbuckeye
11-23-2013, 09:06 PM
I know this... Gilmer is not the #1 3A team in the state. They have a lot of execution progress to work on. If you don't see that, you're as blind as an aTm bat trying to find the South Congress colony in Austin!

I just hope our guys play to their potential. I think if they do get their heads out in the daylight for once and put together an amazing 4 quarters of football, we (Gilmer fans lol) could be in for a real treat. Like I said before, it's like they are playing not to lose, instead of last year playing to beat every team and prove themselves.

Aguilafanatico
11-23-2013, 09:08 PM

I have not seen Gilmer play this year so cannot say who I believe is the better team. I can say that Argyle is a beast. The defense carried this team for much of the year and impacted the offensive output by either scoring on their own or consistently providing great field position. The offense just didn't have to move the ball that far. The scary thing is that the defense has continued to play at an incredible level while the offense has really figured out Coach Nany's philosophy. The offensive line has been a force the last few weeks and has made this offensive team extremely balanced. Thunder and lightening for sure with Ralston and Sadler but it doesn't stop there. There are weapons all over the place.
From what I hear, Gilmer is the real deal and I have a healthy respect for them as a result. They will have their hands full with the Eagles.

Bullaholic
11-23-2013, 09:11 PM

Got anybody in mind for #1, hollywood? :D

SHSBulldog00
11-23-2013, 09:22 PM
You can't find a better game in the state.

Aguilafanatico
11-23-2013, 09:32 PM

:fnypost:

PEdropout
11-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Coaching is the only way to beat Argyle. Talentwise, they matchup with any 3a team.
Been watching them for 10 years now, and their key losses always came down to plan ol' just being outcoached.

cowboyandchrist
11-23-2013, 10:06 PM
I picked Gilmer only because I am pulling for East Texas. I know Argyle has to be good because of the scores they have put up all year long. The only thing I have to say is Gilmer played a whole lot harder schedule in the district of Doom. Hopefully it prepared them for Argyle.
The Dawgs have played them twice. Once they took Argyle to the wood shed and lost the other in over time with eight 10th graders starting. It should be the game of the week.

regaleagle
11-23-2013, 10:18 PM
I picked Gilmer only because I am pulling for East Texas. I know Argyle has to be good because of the scores they have put up all year long. The only thing I have to say is Gilmer played a whole lot harder schedule in the district of Doom. Hopefully it prepared them for Argyle.
The Dawgs have played them twice. Once they took Argyle to the wood shed and lost the other in over time with eight 10th graders starting. It should be the game of the week.

Actually, this will be our 4th straight meeting in this round. We have won 2 of 3 meetings, losing last season. We actually have a winning record against the East Texas teams....the mojo mix doesn't seem to work on Argyllians, haha.

bobcat1
11-23-2013, 10:23 PM
Seen them both..and right now I cannot tell you who I think is better..they are that even IMOMakes for a good game. I kinda torn as who to pick. I will be rooting for Argyle because they are our district mates. I live closer to Argyle now than Celina. I actually live in Sanger now. Bought my last home(hopefully) right in the middle of my 10 grandkids. I enjoy going and watching their games now while watching their Dads (my sons) pace. :)

hollywood
11-23-2013, 10:32 PM

Ha!! Only 2 teams worth a darn in that district is Gilmer and Kilgore. I watched them go head to head, well, it wasn't their best night. East Texas is overrated if you think East Texas is that much better. Now that Stephenville, Argyle, Graham, and Burnet are in the mix, East Texas is the one having to play catch up. All these teams listed, can take any 3A team behind the wood shed. Mark it down cowboy! State Championships will come from Central/West Texas this year. East Texas will be O-fur again. lol

hollywood
11-23-2013, 10:37 PM
Mods, correction needed, Gilmer is not 12-0. 11-1, Kilgore won 34-29 in the district championship game.

adoptedbuckeye
11-23-2013, 10:47 PM
Mods, correction needed, Gilmer is not 12-0. 11-1, Kilgore won 34-29 in the district championship game.

They won that game? I must have forgotten

waterboy
11-23-2013, 11:12 PM
Weather was miserable. I was just curious as you say you"honestly think that Gilmer is a little better than Argyle". Have you seen Argyle play or is the "little better" just a result of your affiliation?

No, not this year. Have you seen Gilmer play? I guess I'm basing my opinion on what happened last year, and the fact that we have nearly all of those players back, and then some. One more year of experience, and a lot more talent, with more hunger after not "finishing" last year, means I believe Gilmer will win again. They will definitely have to bring their A-GAME in order to win, but I believe they can, and I believe they will win. Kinda like you think you're team will win..., right?

Aguilafanatico
11-23-2013, 11:52 PM
No, not this year. Have you seen Gilmer play? I guess I'm basing my opinion on what happened last year, and the fact that we have nearly all of those players back, and then some. One more year of experience, and a lot more talent, with more hunger after not "finishing" last year, means I believe Gilmer will win again. They will definitely have to bring their A-GAME in order to win, but I believe they can, and I believe they will win. Kinda like you think you're team will win..., right?

As I stated in my post, I have not seen Gilmer play this year. Actually the last time I can remember seeing an east Texas team play was in 1982 when I played against Longview Pinetree. I assume East Texas teams are really good and fast though, as east Texas posters continue to drive those points home to everyone.
I assume you also expected Gilmer to beat Kilgore this year based on last years results.......

hollywood
11-24-2013, 12:03 AM
As I stated in my post, I have not seen Gilmer play this year. Actually the last time I can remember seeing an east Texas team play was in 1982 when I played against Longview Pinetree. I assume East Texas teams are really good and fast though, as east Texas posters continue to drive those points home to everyone.
I assume you also expected Gilmer to beat Kilgore this year based on last years results.......

East Texas speed! Can you imagine anything else faster?!

adoptedbuckeye
11-24-2013, 12:03 AM

We expected Gilmer to beat Kilgore because we aren't satisfied with anything less than the best. We were not the best that night by a long shot, but the expectations have not changed. We expect our guys to achieve their goal of a state championship just as I'm sure Argyle fans expect their guys to win. Win or lose, if Gilmer leaves it all out on the field I'll be satisfied. However, if they truly do give 100% and leave it all out there I feel confident they can pull out victorious.

hollywood
11-24-2013, 12:06 AM
We expected Gilmer to beat Kilgore because we aren't satisfied with anything less than the best. We were not the best that night by a long shot, but the expectations have not changed. We expect our guys to achieve their goal of a state championship just as I'm sure Argyle fans expect their guys to win. Win or lose, if Gilmer leaves it all out on the field I'll be satisfied. However, if they truly do give 100% and leave it all out there I feel confident they can pull out victorious.

I too believe if Gilmer executes a good game plan and plays hard nose football, y'all can win this game!

Aguilafanatico
11-24-2013, 12:19 AM
I too believe if Gilmer executes a good game plan and plays hard nose football, y'all can win this game!

Agreed, for both sides.

hollywood
11-24-2013, 12:23 AM
Agreed, for both sides.

I know Argyle plays hard nose football. Gilmer will have to in order to challenge.

;)

Pawdaddy
11-24-2013, 02:56 AM
I know Argyle plays hard nose football. Gilmer will have to in order to challenge.

;)Whichever team wins this game will know, and feel, that they have definitely been challenged. I picked Gilmer to beat Kilgore but did not see them turning the ball over 5 or 6 times. You can call some of those turnovers forced, but the majority were gifts. The opening kickoff being dropped kinda set a tone for the game that never really changed. And the Bucks still had the opportunity to pull off a win. I would like to see both of these teams play to their potential and see which coach pulls off the unexpected. Both teams have the talent, and both can probably ride a win to the SC. I expect some power play, some speed, some finesse, some luck, and some trickeration to determine the outcome. The kind of game where the last team with possession of the ball wins.

buckeyebob
11-24-2013, 07:44 AM
Give buckeyebob all the crap he can handle this week, because good lawd we know he's going to be dishing it out! Lol

We still love ya ole buddy ole powel. ;)

And that I will...the Argylians are hoping we do not show up...the Rapid Spider Monkeys of The Black Flag Defense will be on 'em like stink on cr**...the O will be too fast for 'em...East Texas Speed Kills...actually, we are not paying a lot of attention to this week...we are looking @ Gladewater next week

cowboyandchrist
11-24-2013, 07:52 AM
East Texas speed! Can you imagine anything else faster?!

Hollywood, nobody from East Texas has brought up East Texas speed this year, nobody has said East Texas was better than anyone else, but we do believe in the East Texas teams still in race. The Disrtict of Doom still has all four teams still in the hunt in round three. What other district has all four still in it. I know my Dawgs, Gilmer, and the Kilgore Dawgs are good enough to win it all, will it happen, don't know. We will soon find out.

cowboyandchrist
11-24-2013, 07:56 AM
Ha!! Only 2 teams worth a darn in that district is Gilmer and Kilgore. I watched them go head to head, well, it wasn't their best night. East Texas is overrated if you think East Texas is that much better. Now that Stephenville, Argyle, Graham, and Burnet are in the mix, East Texas is the one having to play catch up. All these teams listed, can take any 3A team behind the wood shed. Mark it down cowboy! State Championships will come from Central/West Texas this year. East Texas will be O-fur again. lol

I doubt any team you listed can take Carthage, Kilgore, or Gilmer behind the wood shed, they may beat them, but it would be very hard fought games. I hope the Ville get a chance to play one of them in the near future.

buckeyebob
11-24-2013, 07:56 AM
Hollywood, nobody from East Texas has brought up East Texas speed this year, nobody has said East Texas was better than anyone else, but we do believe in the East Texas teams still in race. The Disrtict of Doom still has all four teams still in the hunt in round three. What other district has all four still in it. I know my Dawgs, Gilmer, and the Kilgore Dawgs are good enough to win it all, will it happen, don't know. We will soon find out.

As usual, you are ignoring me...see post above...let me say again...East Texas Speed Kills...Argyles football playing days for 2013 will be dead...that is all.

waterboy
11-24-2013, 09:18 AM

Personally, I think the "East Texas speed" thing was started elsewhere in the state, but I don't buy into it. It's EXECUTION along with speed that makes the difference. If you haven't seen an East Texas team play since 1982, where the heck have you been? I believe East Texas has won more championships in the last decade in 3A than any other part of the state.

Oh, and yes, I expected Gilmer to beat Kilgore, and I believe if we were to play them again we would beat them. I didn't base my expectations on last year in that game. We only won that game at home by 6, and I knew the Buckeyes would have to bring their A-game. They didn't and they lost. You have to admit, though, that there's a huge difference between winning by 6, and winning by 21. I know teams get better over the course of one year, and that's what makes this game interesting. Whoever makes the most stops, least turnovers, mistakes, etc., and executes best in THIS game wins. I think our tough schedule has prepared us well. We'll see if that computes to a win or not. I believe in the Buckeyes.

Dawgs
11-24-2013, 09:24 AM

Hollywood, you must have not been paying attention since you guys have been playing 4A ball. ETX has run 3A for the last decade. All the big 3 from ETX would roll all teams mentioned except Ville. I'm glad Ville can carry the torch for the rest of the state. I will gaurantee that atleast 1 champ comes out of East Texas. More than likely both this year. Last year was the exception not the norm. That has been proven over the last 10 years. Oh ya, and ETX SPEED KILLS. Just get a look at Tee Goree's 97 yarder against Sota last week :). By the way, if you really look at the map Navasota os closer to being ETX, then other region. I think we might claim the DII title from last year.

Buckeyes on a mission after making all the mistakes in the Kilgore game. Buckeyes by 20! Get'em Bucks!

hollywood
11-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Hollywood, you must have not been paying attention since you guys have been playing 4A ball. ETX has run 3A for the last decade. All the big 3 from ETX would roll all teams mentioned except Ville. I'm glad Ville can carry the torch for the rest of the state. I will gaurantee that atleast 1 champ comes out of East Texas. More than likely both this year. Last year was the exception not the norm. That has been proven over the last 10 years. Oh ya, and ETX SPEED KILLS. Just get a look at Tee Goree's 97 yarder against Sota last week :). By the way, if you really look at the map Navasota os closer to being ETX, then other region. I think we might claim the DII title from last year.

Buckeyes on a mission after making all the mistakes in the Kilgore game. Buckeyes by 20! Get'em Bucks!

Oh good lawd, if that's the case, Stephenville is East Texas too! Lol It is officially East of the geographic center of Texas. Lol

Stephenville got a little speed themselves. They actually have a lot of speed. And they execute at a high rate of speed.

I'll put it this way, when most teams play against the Ville, up until the first series for the Ville, the opposing crowd is loud screaming and hollering... After about 4-5 plays, it's gets pretty quite. They all have that :eek: look. The speed at which the Ville executes has what many refer to as "a shock in awe" effect. Ask Kilgore about last year. The Ville was up 21-0 a matter of minutes. Lol The Dawg nation got pretty quiet. Kilgore had a lot of fight in them. They made a valiant effort to clime their way back in but Sville wasn't going to be denied. They just know how to crank it up another notch or two if needed. ;)

lostaussie
11-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Its gonna be a long week!!! I will say this, if we play a mistake free game, leave it all on the field, act like good young men, and lose......... I will be good with that. Argyle should feel the same way.

Celina8
11-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Until you play Argyle and see their defense I don't think you realize how fast they play. I am telling you this game is very similar to Liberty Hill 2007. Gilmer could not stop their offense which I think Argyle's might even be better and their defense I think is better too. Argyle will get their 3 and out on the Gilmer offense, but I am not sure Gilmer will be out to do the same against Argyle's offense.

Celina8
11-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Its gonna be a long week!!! I will say this, if we play a mistake free game, leave it all on the field, act like good young men, and lose......... I will be good with that. Argyle should feel the same way.

I like this statement!

lostaussie
11-24-2013, 10:39 AM
We getting a lot of talk about our defense. We did have a couple of very key guys out for a few weeks that are back. We play a solid D for the most part. We have thrown back to back shutouts in case no one noticed:D

hollywood
11-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Until you play Argyle and see their defense I don't think you realize how fast they play. I am telling you this game is very similar to Liberty Hill 2007. Gilmer could not stop their offense which I think Argyle's might even be better and their defense I think is better too. Argyle will get their 3 and out on the Gilmer offense, but I am not sure Gilmer will be out to do the same against Argyle's offense.

I think one of the best games of 3A games of the year would have been Argyle vs Stephenville. They sound a lot like what Stephenville is able to do both defensively and offensively. I think Stephenville would have the edge on offense though. Something I don't think a lot of people know about Stephenville this season more than any other of their teams in a while... They could line up and run the ball every snap of a game and still win by good margins. It makes them that much more dangerous when combined by their ability to spread the ball around as well.

GTownballer
11-24-2013, 11:57 AM

;)

Hollywood, God to football!,,,do you ownestly think this is our first Rodeo,,,you might want to go check out our record, in the past dozen years! lol...Gilmer will show up to win the game, not to compete, but to win the game! Yea you came watched Gilmer play Kilgore,,,Kilgore is a legitimate 4A powerhouse, just like Stephenville, Gilmer is a legitimate 3A program, beating and competing with 4A programs, and you wanna tell us, we have to play hard nose football! give me a freakn break! geesh!

Aguilafanatico
11-24-2013, 12:38 PM
Personally, I think the "East Texas speed" thing was started elsewhere in the state, but I don't buy into it. It's EXECUTION along with speed that makes the difference. If you haven't seen an East Texas team play since 1982, where the heck have you been? I believe East Texas has won more championships in the last decade in 3A than any other part of the state.

Oh, and yes, I expected Gilmer to beat Kilgore, and I believe if we were to play them again we would beat them. I didn't base my expectations on last year in that game. We only won that game at home by 6, and I knew the Buckeyes would have to bring their A-game. They didn't and they lost. You have to admit, though, that there's a huge difference between winning by 6, and winning by 21. I know teams get better over the course of one year, and that's what makes this game interesting. Whoever makes the most stops, least turnovers, mistakes, etc., and executes best in THIS game wins. I think our tough schedule has prepared us well. We'll see if that computes to a win or not. I believe in the Buckeyes.

Before this year, I had been a 5A guy. Actually saw some great 5A football yesterday at Jerry world. I know this will be hard to swallow for the Gilmer posters here but beyond 3A! most people don't know anything about Gilmer......just the way it is. I count myself as a part of that group until this year. I know east Texas and specifically Gilmer is the center of the football universe so it is strange that I didn't know about Gilmer before.

I am glad you bring up execution because that is exactly what Argyle does best. This team executes better than any team I have seen in a long time. They are a machine. The offenses are different but reminds me a little of Southlake in that regard. Very few mistakes. Offensively I guess some of the credit should go to the new OC, but overall it is the result of a ton of practice, commitment by all involved, and a great coaching staff. Add the fact that Argyle has a ton of speed, all over the field. Everyone runs on this team and I the am not exaggerating, everyone can run.

I am not into making predictions, especially when Argyle is up against the center of the 3A universe but the great Gilmer (what's their mascot again?) oh yea Buckeyes better execute flawlessly. Based on what I have seen in the 12 games this year, Argyle will.

Aguilafanatico
11-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Before this year, I had been a 5A guy. Actually saw some great 5A football yesterday at Jerry world. I know this will be hard to swallow for the Gilmer posters here but beyond 3A! most people don't know anything about Gilmer......just the way it is. I count myself as a part of that group until this year. I know east Texas and specifically Gilmer is the center of the football universe so it is strange that I didn't know about Gilmer before.

I am glad you bring up execution because that is exactly what Argyle does best. This team executes better than any team I have seen in a long time. They are a machine. The offenses are different but reminds me a little of Southlake in that regard. Very few mistakes. Offensively I guess some of the credit should go to the new OC, but overall it is the result of a ton of practice, commitment by all involved, and a great coaching staff. Add the fact that Argyle has a ton of speed, all over the field. Everyone runs on this team and I the am not exaggerating, everyone can run.

I am not into making predictions, especially when Argyle is up against the center of the 3A universe but the great Gilmer (what's their mascot again?) oh yea Buckeyes better execute flawlessly. Based on what I have seen in the 12 games this year, Argyle will.

Everyone know who Stephenville is though. :crazy:

GTownballer
11-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Everyone know who Stephenville is though. :crazy:

No,,no not really!

Aguilafanatico
11-24-2013, 01:12 PM
We getting a lot of talk about our defense. We did have a couple of very key guys out for a few weeks that are back. We play a solid D for the most part. We have thrown back to back shutouts in case no one noticed:D

Very impressive. Gilmer has managed to shut out both Minneola AND Pittsburg. Will they have the strength left to play next week?

adoptedbuckeye
11-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Very impressive. Gilmer has managed to shut out both Minneola AND Pittsburg. Will they have the strength left to play next week?

Probably not. our JV guys better get ready to suit up

adoptedbuckeye
11-24-2013, 01:21 PM
regaleagle- I don't have a smoaky.com account but I just read your post on there and I say thumbs up!

buckeyebob
11-24-2013, 01:57 PM

You forget...this is the 4th year in a row that the Buckeyes & Eagles have faced each other @ this time...we both are well aware of what we face...Liberty Hill was nothing like Argyle...that stupid Wing T dealy would put you to sleep...4 yds & a cloud of dust...you are right...we had no answer for it...froze to death, went home, licked my wounds, & started getting ready for 2008 (we lost to Carthage in the Semi-Final by 3)...then we had 2009...WOW!

buckeyebob
11-24-2013, 01:58 PM
We getting a lot of talk about our defense. We did have a couple of very key guys out for a few weeks that are back. We play a solid D for the most part. We have thrown back to back shutouts in case no one noticed:D and scored 100 points while doing it.

Aguilafanatico
11-24-2013, 02:11 PM
and scored 100 points while doing it.

Impressive. Did you guys set out to hit 100 on the nose? 99 would not be near as intimidating.

ccmom
11-24-2013, 02:18 PM
I voted for Argyle...mostly because they are the only team of the two I have seen in person this season. That is an impressive group, to say the least.

However, I've learned over the years that when Gilmer posters are saying their team is good, that usually equals "great" by most everyone else's standards. I realize they had an off night vs Kilgore, but great teams usually use games like that to push them, and it looks like Gilmer has responded in a big way.

I'd really like to see this one.

Celina8
11-24-2013, 02:23 PM
Could we be seeing another great game like 92 Southlake Carroll vs Vernon...Dragons won 38 to 35!

regaleagle
11-24-2013, 02:27 PM
I hope everybody realizes that I have to drive about 4.5 hrs one-way to see this game. And on Good Friday, Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, whatever day you wanna call it, lol. But I find it somewhat ironic that it is called Black Friday and both teams colors are Black and Something. Since Gilmer will be home team, I guess they'll be wearing their Black & Orange. No telling what Argyle will wear....they've worn umpteen different sets of unis this season. Maybe a red and white, I dunno. But BLACK FRIDAY could be BLEAK FRIDAY for the Buckeyes this year....I'ma hopin' anyways, haha.

regaleagle
11-24-2013, 04:01 PM

Yeah, somebody that knows how ought to change that heading, for sure. Let's at least get that part of this matchup square, lol.

Dawgkillr
11-24-2013, 07:17 PM
Could we be seeing another great game like 92 Southlake Carroll vs Vernon...Dragons won 38 to 35!

That was a great game!

lostaussie
11-24-2013, 07:17 PM
I voted for Argyle...mostly because they are the only team of the two I have seen in person this season. That is an impressive group, to say the least.

However, I've learned over the years that when Gilmer posters are saying their team is good, that usually equals "great" by most everyone else's standards. I realize they had an off night vs Kilgore, but great teams usually use games like that to push them, and it looks like Gilmer has responded in a big way.

I'd really like to see this one.I knew you were smart lady the 1st time I met you!! Lol

Argyle in a blowout. Execution is key and East Texas teams don't do that very well. No team from east Texas wins in finals this year again. To busy talking and not working hard. The days of East Texas domination are over fellas. Y'all can battle it out in District that can be your playoffs

adoptedbuckeye
11-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Argyle in a blowout. Execution is key and East Texas teams don't do that very well. No team from east Texas wins in finals this year again. To busy running that mouth and not working.

lol we are the only ones running our mouths...okay

Argyle will blow you out. Your Coach made one of the worst calls this year already. Showed he had no confidence in his D and the players no it. Blow up the basketballs

adoptedbuckeye
11-24-2013, 07:56 PM
Argyle will blow you out. Your Coach made one of the worst calls this year already. Showed he had no confidence in his D and the players no it. Blow up the basketballs

And here we are, Gilmerites doing nothing but running our mouths....not preparing for the biggest game of the year. I guess we don't have to since it's already booked. That one game sure defines our whole season huh? Everyone use ONLY that game as their basis for comparison-please! Then be surprised when a different team walks out on the field Friday wearing black & orange.

Aguilafanatico
11-24-2013, 08:01 PM

:stirpot:

regaleagle
11-24-2013, 08:19 PM
And here we are, Gilmerites doing nothing but running our mouths....not preparing for the biggest game of the year. I guess we don't have to since it's already booked. That one game sure defines our whole season huh? Everyone use ONLY that game as their basis for comparison-please! Then be surprised when a different team walks out on the field Friday wearing black & orange.

Oh....I don't think Gilmer is gonna surprise the Argyle coaches or team at all. We've seen enough in 3 years to be well-acquainted with the Gilmerite methodology. It's just a matter of the players being ready to play their position and not getting too pumped up over all the hype Gilmer likes to create. That's all part of the Buckeye Bandwagon that Gilmer has developed to help give their team confidence and create some kind of special mystique to rattle the opposition. But there's not really any mystique at all, haha.....just a bunch of young athletic men charged up to play some football.

adoptedbuckeye
11-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Oh....I don't think Gilmer is gonna surprise the Argyle coaches or team at all. We've seen enough in 3 years to be well-acquainted with the Gilmerite methodology. It's just a matter of the players being ready to play their position and not getting too pumped up over all the hype Gilmer likes to create. That's all part of the Buckeye Bandwagon that Gilmer has developed to help give their team confidence and create some kind of special mystique to rattle the opposition. But there's not really any mystique at all, haha.....just a bunch of young athletic men charged up to play some football.
I think the fans get more pumped up than the players most games anyway. The Gilmer players usually keep their cool even when things are turning south, and I'm screaming my head off about to lose it. Then they calmly fix whatever went wrong and carry on. I hope they can rise above the hype this week and play level-headed because being too amped up is part of the reason they lost to Kilgore. I don't know what you mean by our mystique rattling the opposition though? I have to admit, Argyle is probably THE team in Texas that has all of Gilmer's respect, so I am expecting to see the best game the Buckeyes have played all year. Anything less and we will go home.

lostaussie
11-24-2013, 08:27 PM
Argyle will blow you out. Your Coach made one of the worst calls this year already. Showed he had no confidence in his D and the players no it. Blow up the basketballsthree weeks ago we were ranked #1 and feared. We fumble 6 times and lose by 5 and now we don't know what we are doing. That's laughable. I'll put our kids and coaching staff against anyone. Their record speaks for itself. We will be just fine!!! And Argyle may win, they are a fine team........but they will not blow us out.

regaleagle
11-24-2013, 08:34 PM
I think the fans get more pumped up than the players most games anyway. The Gilmer players usually keep their cool even when things are turning south, and I'm screaming my head off about to lose it. Then they calmly fix whatever went wrong and carry on. I hope they can rise above the hype this week and play level-headed because being too amped up is part of the reason they lost to Kilgore. I don't know what you mean by our mystique rattling the opposition though? I have to admit, Argyle is probably THE team in Texas that has all of Gilmer's respect, so I am expecting to see the best game the Buckeyes have played all year. Anything less and we will go home.

That's some mighty high praise you're giving the Argyle team. You can bet your boots Coach Rodgers and his Staff will have the players attention after the whacking we took last year at the hands of the Buckeyes. And believe me, most of these boyz on the Argyle team have the utmost respect for the way your Gilmer Buckeyes can play football. Many of them played in that game last year, and those that didn't were either on the bench or the sidelines watching the action.

lostaussie
11-24-2013, 08:41 PM
That's some mighty high praise you're giving the Argyle team. You can bet your boots Coach Rodgers and his Staff will have the players attention after the whacking we took last year at the hands of the Buckeyes. And believe me, most of these boyz on the Argyle team have the utmost respect for the way your Gilmer Buckeyes can play football. Many of them played in that game last year, and those that didn't were either on the bench or the sidelines watching the action.I personally love to play teams like you guys. To me this is what the season is all about. I love these kind of games.....win or lose. I have said it a thousand times.......enjoy the journey, no matter how far it takes you:thumbsup:

regaleagle
11-24-2013, 08:45 PM
And on that same note....if you will remember.....Argyle was undefeated at the time and rolling pretty good. Imagine how those boyz felt when the game was over and they had all this time to reflect on their performance. They played great football all those weeks, then stumbled when it mattered most. I think they learned a little bit about what it takes to be the best you can be last season after that game. And they found out it doesn't start with leaving it all out on the field. It started right after that loss....for those returning this season, anyway.

three weeks ago we were ranked #1 and feared. We fumble 6 times and lose by 5 and now we don't know what we are doing. That's laughable. I'll put our kids and coaching staff against anyone. Their record speaks for itself. We will be just fine!!! And Argyle may win, they are a fine team........but they will not blow us out.

I'll put our kids and coaching staff against anyone.

That shows you don't know what your talking about. He let a team score from the 22 to give them the lead with a little over a minute to go. He's obviously don't trust his D. Explain that? What's the record against Argyle?

lostaussie
11-24-2013, 08:55 PM

That shows you don't know what your talking about. He let a team score from the 22 to give them the lead with a little over a minute to go. He's obviously don't trust his D. Explain that?with 2 stud starters out, Kilgore was gashing us. They made a decision that they thought would give us the best chance to win at that time. I never said I agreed with it. Kilgore had not stopped us all night. We either scored or fumbled. Right wrong or indifferent its in the books. And last time I checked.........there have been lots of state champions that have had a loss. We do not fear Argyle one bit. There is a great respect for sure, but we will come to play. You can bet your ass on that.

with 2 stud starters out, Kilgore was gashing us. They made a decision that they thought would give us the best chance to win at that time. I never said I agreed with it. Kilgore had not stopped us all night. We either scored or fumbled. Right wrong or indifferent its in the books. And last time I checked.........there have been lots of state champions that have had a loss. We do not fear Argyle one bit. There is a great respect for sure, but we will come to play. You can bet your ass on that.

So what's that Argyle Gilmer win/loss series record?

Kilgore won't stop Ville count on that.

lostaussie
11-24-2013, 09:05 PM
So what's that Argyle Gilmer win/loss series record?

Kilgore won't stop Ville count on that.4th year in a row to play, which in itself is pretty amazing. Argyle won the first two and we won last year.

adoptedbuckeye
11-24-2013, 09:12 PM

That shows you don't know what your talking about. He let a team score from the 22 to give them the lead with a little over a minute to go. He's obviously don't trust his D. Explain that? What's the record against Argyle?

Okay you don't agree with it we get it! It happened, in the books, they beat us! Thank you for the history lesson. The explanations that have been talked about up until now obviously aren't good enough for you so we are at a standstill. We have learned our lesson and are ready to play our biggest opponent yet.

adoptedbuckeye
11-24-2013, 09:20 PM
I personally love to play teams like you guys. To me this is what the season is all about. I love these kind of games.....win or lose. I have said it a thousand times.......enjoy the journey, no matter how far it takes you:thumbsup:

:iagree: I expect the winner of this game to be in the State Championship game, and regardless of which team it is I will be there rooting for them.

bearbear78
11-24-2013, 09:20 PM
The only way you shut the select few gilmer fans up with the whole east tx speed joke is to do exactly what navasota did last year,

bearbear78
11-24-2013, 09:22 PM
And that is beat the heck out of them......which is also what Argyle will do. East this , east that....blah blah blah

lostaussie
11-24-2013, 09:26 PM
The only way you shut the select few gilmer fans up with the whole east tx speed joke is to do exactly what navasota did last year,what the matter, you still upset about the beating we gave y'all last year? You guys are so jealous. Can't stand to see a team do well year after year. Beat us and then run your head. Until then shut up

bearbear78
11-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Lol not at all...had we played like we played to get there then maybe I'd be bothered but we didnt. Graham gave that game to Gilmer. Then Gilmer learned how good they were against Navasota. Same thing this year , you select few think Gilmer is the football gods and Kilgore wakes you up from that dream and now argyle will do it again in the same season. Week after week all you have to say is east tx speed east tx speed east tx speed...well that belongs to Kilgore so you SHUT UP.. Then, after Kilgore beats the gods you actually come back with " oh now we are really mad and feel sorry for who plays us now" lmao...seriously your not entitled to the SC for whatever reason you gilmers think...as far as the best 3a program... I'm far from a fan but fella be glad your team isn't playing the Ville...you'd wish for another Kilgore game by end of the first qtr vs the jackets. I'm not a fan but that team is exactly what you wish your buckeyes are... And argyle will wake u up from this years dream!

adoptedbuckeye
11-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Lol not at all...had we played like we played to get there then maybe I'd be bothered but we didnt. Graham gave that game to Gilmer. Then Gilmer learned how good they were against Navasota. Same thing this year , you select few think Gilmer is the football gods and Kilgore wakes you up from that dream and now argyle will do it again in the same season. Week after week all you have to say is east tx speed east tx speed east tx speed...well that belongs to Kilgore so you SHUT UP.. Then, after Kilgore beats the gods you actually come back with " oh now we are really mad and feel sorry for who plays us now" lmao...seriously your not entitled to the SC for whatever reason you gilmers think...as far as the best 3a program... I'm far from a fan but fella be glad your team isn't playing the Ville...you'd wish for another Kilgore game by end of the first qtr vs the jackets. I'm not a fan but that team is exactly what you wish your buckeyes are... And argyle will wake u up from this years dream!

How generous to give us a 50-7 State Semifinal win! We didn't realize y'all didn't want to win that one.

bearbear78
11-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Very off night for Graham and we learned from it. Its just soooooo funny how you gilmers think you don't , won't, or can't have them...sota, kilgore , and now argyle show you different. . . Wonder how bad it would have been if the RB for Sota had been healthy and able? I'd say BRUTAL...Brutal as it is gonna be against Argyle..get your hightops out Buckeyes

adoptedbuckeye
11-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Very off night for Graham and we learned from it. Its just soooooo funny how you gilmers think you don't , won't, or can't have them...sota, kilgore , and now argyle show you different. . . Wonder how bad it would have been if the RB for Sota had been healthy and able? I'd say BRUTAL...Brutal as it is gonna be against Argyle..get your hightops out Buckeyes

The Navasota game wasn't an off day for the Buckeyes. It was a demonstration of a truly awesome team beating the crap out of a good Gilmer team. THEY beat us that day absolutely and I won't make any excuses for it.Sooooo what you're saying is, y'all learned from the loss last year, but we aren't entitled to learn from our losses? The excuses have been made for Kilgore from some, but like I said before Gilmer should use that loss as a springboard to revamp for the playoffs. I think they have so far, but have a long way to go. I won't make any excuses if Argyle wins either. If, by this point in the year, Gilmer can't get it done, then Argyle absolutely deserves to win and we will definitely find out Friday night.

hollywood
11-24-2013, 10:14 PM

Ain't that the truth!! I randomly ended up sitting right behind adoptedbuckeye (great guy by the way) at the Kikgore/Gilmer game. That guy can jump as high as Jordan when Gilmer makes a TD. I could hear buckeyebob blowing his black and orange vuvuzelas over that Dawg nation band across the way. When they refer to themselves as rabid Black Flag fans.... They take no prisoners!! Love it!

;)

adoptedbuckeye
11-24-2013, 10:17 PM
Ain't that the truth!! I randomly ended up sitting right behind adoptedbuckeye (great guy by the way) at the Kikgore/Gilmer game. That guy can jump as high as Jordan when Gilmer makes a TD. I could hear buckeyebob blowing his black and orange vuvuzelas over that Dawg nation band across the way. When they refer to themselves as rabid Black Flag fans.... They take no prisoners!! Love it!

;)

LOL! Sorry if I obstructed your view, I just get excited! My wife tells me every week to sit down and shut up and I'm like you're the one who graduated from Gilmer, you should be screaming louder than me haha!

hollywood
11-24-2013, 10:28 PM
LOL! Sorry if I obstructed your view, I just get excited! My wife tells me every week to sit down and shut up and I'm like you're the one who graduated from Gilmer, you should be screaming louder than me haha!

Hahaha... Just a friendly jab in the ribs. I really had a good time being right in the thick of all those passionate Buckeye fans. You guys were great!

adoptedbuckeye
11-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Hahaha... Just a friendly jab in the ribs. I really had a good time being right in the thick of all those passionate Buckeye fans. You guys were great!

Glad you enjoyed it, I really have had to tone it down a bit this year because last year when we played Henderson the first time I was yelling so hard at the end of the game after the final play, I passed out and had to get a catscan (came out all clear). I have a feeling this Friday night could be similar. Gilmer wants to even the series and finish what they failed at last year, Argyle wants revenge and to settle unfinished business with the Buckeyes. There's nowhere in the world I'd rather be than at that stadium come Friday.

poisoned10
11-24-2013, 10:59 PM

LoL!

Sent from my iPhone

44INAROW
11-24-2013, 11:08 PM
Good Luck to the Buckeyes. 😀

Aesculus gilmus
11-25-2013, 07:02 AM
He let a team score from the 22 to give them the lead with a little over a minute to go. He's obviously don't trust his D. Explain that?

I'll explain it. Kilgore has a very good kicker. He's not as good as Hedlund, but the Bulldogs were already well within his range. Score was 29-28. What they were going to do was run the clock down to a few seconds and kick a short field goal (if they had not scored a TD already).

So it went beyond not "trusting" the D.

poisoned10
11-25-2013, 07:17 AM
I'll explain it. Kilgore has a very good kicker. He's not as good as Hedlund, but the Bulldogs were already well within his range. Score was 29-28. What they were going to do was run the clock down to a few seconds and kick a short field goal (if they had not scored a TD already).

Luckily for Gillmer the Kilgore running back wasn't smart enough to take a knee at the 5. Not that it mattered anyways.

Sent from my iPhone

steerz2010
11-25-2013, 07:40 AM
Argyle - 2 wins, Buckeyes -1 win....Regional is Good Friday @ Kincaid Stadium...Time to be determined...The Buckeyes have laid 100 points in Bi-District / Aea & had 0 put on them. Will Argyle be able to handel the Bux...don't think so...let's do it! Game to see in Week 3.

Graham has scored 102 to 0 so far buckeye... looking forward to the rematch if you all can pull it off...

buckeyebob
11-25-2013, 08:26 AM
And that is beat the heck out of them......which is also what Argyle will do. East this , east that....blah blah blah

Good to see some of the Graham bunch jump on the band wagon...

lostaussie
11-25-2013, 08:27 AM
Lol not at all...had we played like we played to get there then maybe I'd be bothered but we didnt. Graham gave that game to Gilmer. Then Gilmer learned how good they were against Navasota. Same thing this year , you select few think Gilmer is the football gods and Kilgore wakes you up from that dream and now argyle will do it again in the same season. Week after week all you have to say is east tx speed east tx speed east tx speed...well that belongs to Kilgore so you SHUT UP.. Then, after Kilgore beats the gods you actually come back with " oh now we are really mad and feel sorry for who plays us now" lmao...seriously your not entitled to the SC for whatever reason you gilmers think...as far as the best 3a program... I'm far from a fan but fella be glad your team isn't playing the Ville...you'd wish for another Kilgore game by end of the first qtr vs the jackets. I'm not a fan but that team is exactly what you wish your buckeyes are... And argyle will wake u up from this years dream!this really made me laugh I must say. Nothing like a 50-7 gift. We kicked your ass and made you like it. Whole Graham side was leaving midway thru 3rd. I guess they must have wanted to watch the band. Lol

buckeyebob
11-25-2013, 08:31 AM

Boy...sounds like someone hit a nerve or you need a nappy...take a deep breath...Oh!...Eats Texas Speed Kills...2012 3A-Div 2 Semis: 50-7...

buckeyebob
11-25-2013, 08:37 AM
Ain't that the truth!! I randomly ended up sitting right behind adoptedbuckeye (great guy by the way) at the Kikgore/Gilmer game. That guy can jump as high as Jordan when Gilmer makes a TD. I could hear buckeyebob blowing his black and orange vuvuzelas over that Dawg nation band acro ss the way. When they refer to themselves as rabid Black Flag fans.... They take no prisoners!! Love it!

;)

I have a orange & black vuvuzelas in my bag as a spare in case I lose the black & orange...glad you could make it to East Texas..& y'all too could become East Texans.

buckeyebob
11-25-2013, 08:40 AM
Good Luck to the Buckeyes. 

& to you & the rest of our South Texas friends...would like to have another meet-up...2009 was a long time ago & another great game (we are trying to get Stump back...as a coach this time)

buckeyebob
11-25-2013, 08:42 AM
Luckily for Gillmer the Kilgore running back wasn't smart enough to take a knee at the 5. Not that it mattered anyways.

Sent from my iPhone

I could not see his eyes but can only imagine what they looked like after he crossed the goalline

Dawgs
11-25-2013, 08:56 AM
This is too funny. Why all the hate for East Texas? You guys jealous or what? Look its been said by many of the "slower" Central & West teams the execution is key. But when you execute, and you have team speed then its a deadly combination. Thats what the top tier teams in East Texas do, and thats why most of the other teams around the state can't hang. East Texas record speaks for itself the last 10 years, and I say we have 2 more ships this year. There are a select few, you know your Argyle's and Ville's, and some other special teams come through every once and awhile. But we are the definition of consistent. So if you all want to jump on the Argyle and Ville bandwagon, then go ahead. Big brother had to drop down and save the rest of the state. Thats all you guys got. The rest of the state vs. tiny little East Texas. Haha, Graham! Lmao. Graham Steers home of Case McCoy! Carthage left him on the field crying just like they did Shipley. Hell, I am usually the one who is saying Gilmer posters are arrogant, but I can't believe all the hate torwards ETX. We have stick together.

Gilmer is going to show the rest of the state what East Texas speed is on Friday. Then everyone will hate ETX even more. Gilmer gets it done, even if by one!

Aesculus gilmus
11-25-2013, 08:57 AM
I could not see his eyes but can only imagine what they looked like after he crossed the goalline

I don't know, but he definitely shrugged his shoulders right after he scored as if to say "why did everyone quit playing on defense?"

lostaussie
11-25-2013, 09:13 AM
This is too funny. Why all the hate for East Texas? You guys jealous or what? Look its been said by many of the "slower" Central & West teams the execution is key. But when you execute, and you have team speed then its a deadly combination. Thats what the top tier teams in East Texas do, and thats why most of the other teams around the state can't hang. East Texas record speaks for itself the last 10 years, and I say we have 2 more ships this year. There are a select few, you know your Argyle's and Ville's, and some other special teams come through every once and awhile. But we are the definition of consistent. So if you all want to jump on the Argyle and Ville bandwagon, then go ahead. Big brother had to drop down and save the rest of the state. Thats all you guys got. The rest of the state vs. tiny little East Texas. Haha, Graham! Lmao. Graham Steers home of Case McCoy! Carthage left him on the field crying just like they did Shipley. Hell, I am usually the one who is saying Gilmer posters are arrogant, but I can't believe all the hate torwards ETX. We have stick together.

Gilmer is going to show the rest of the state what East Texas speed is on Friday. Then everyone will hate ETX even more. Gilmer gets it done, even if by one!There does seem to be a lot of hate.....but its usually not from the ones we have played. We got good kids who for the most part act right and play the game hard. To me that's really all that matters. Championships are hard to win. Sometimes even when you think it may be one of your best teams ever its just not enough. It will all play out in the end......and maybe if we are really really lucky we can get graham to give us another gift and send us to another state game:D

Aguilafanatico
11-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Blah blah blah. The constant "east Texas" bragging I hear is equivalent to a short bald guy buying a huge4x4 pickup. Get some counseling.

Deuce
11-25-2013, 10:18 AM
I didn't see a box score, but just curious how Melissa put that many points up against Argyle. Was it late in the game against the backups? Don't get this confused with others. I am not bashing, just curious. I have Argyle picked in my bracket, but am starting to lean towards Gilmer. Both are very good programs and this should be one of the great games of the year.

Old Tiger
11-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Graham has scored 102 to 0 so far buckeye... looking forward to the rematch if you all can pull it off...

Graham hasn't played anyone!

Bullaholic
11-25-2013, 10:35 AM
My ears have longed for some really outrageous trash-talkin'---and now I am happy....:D Strange that Black Swarm has not weighed in on this one yet---he don't take many prisoners.

Aguilafanatico
11-25-2013, 10:50 AM
I didn't see a box score, but just curious how Melissa put that many points up against Argyle. Was it late in the game against the backups? Don't get this confused with others. I am not bashing, just curious. I have Argyle picked in my bracket, but am starting to lean towards Gilmer. Both are very good programs and this should be one of the great games of the year.

Melissa has a pretty salty offense. A very quick, slippery RB and two athletics Qbs with above average arms. That said, the score was 55-7 going into the 4th Qtr. Melissa scored 3 TDs in the 4th, one on the 2's and two on a mix of 2's and 3's. Argyle gave them the last TD as they fumbled deep in their own territory. The O at that time was 2's and primarily 3's.
I am not taking anything away from Melissa's O or the Argyle backups here. The Melissa offense is pretty explosive but once Argyle got rolling (the O-line especially, with Thunder and Lightning) it was over.

Bullaholic
11-25-2013, 10:59 AM
Melissa has a pretty salty offense. A very quick, slippery RB and two athletics Qbs with above average arms. That said, the score was 55-7 going into the 4th Qtr. Melissa scored 3 TDs in the 4th, one on the 2's and two on a mix of 2's and 3's. Argyle gave them the last TD as they fumbled deep in their own territory. The O at that time was 2's and primarily 3's.
I am not taking anything away from Melissa's O or the Argyle backups here. The Melissa offense is pretty explosive but once Argyle got rolling (the O-line especially, with Thunder and Lightning) it was over.

My guess is 2's and 3's won't see any action this week, Aguila...This is going to be a 4-Quarter, nuthin' but the big dogs who can pee in the tall grass barn burner...

lostaussie
11-25-2013, 11:03 AM
My ears have longed for some really outrageous trash-talkin'---and now I am happy....:D Strange that Black Swarm has not weighed in on this one yet---he don't take many prisoners.but Bull if you read it most is coming from the outside. I think Argyle and Gilmer both have a great mutual respect for one another.......as it should be.

waterboy
11-25-2013, 11:06 AM
My guess is 2's and 3's won't see any action this week, Aguila...This is going to be a 4-Quarter, nuthin' but the big dogs who can pee in the tall grass barn burner...

Agreed! I don't understand all the hatred I've been reading from a lot of posters for anything "East Texas". There's nothing but respect on our end, and a little chest beating doesn't mean doodley squat. If you've earned the right to beat your chest a little, then by all means do it, but give your opponent their due. I know what Argyle brings to the table, and the Buckeyes better bring their A-GAME to this one. They can't afford to have one of those poorly executed games. All I know for sure is that ONE very good football team's season will end this Friday night.

Deuce
11-25-2013, 11:06 AM

That's what I figured. Good luck to both teams! I have respect for both and hope to see one of them live in a few weeks.

regaleagle
11-25-2013, 11:08 AM
How about one of you stat guys out there with computer skills dig up both teams stats and post them on here for a comparison. I think these two teams will be very close in almost all categories. Then there's that other thingy that matches the Strength of Schedule and Power Rating...whatever that is called....let's look at that thingy, too.

Bullaholic
11-25-2013, 11:11 AM
but Bull if you read it most is coming from the outside. I think Argyle and Gilmer both have a great mutual respect for one another.......as it should be.

Well, trash-talkin' is the most fun for everyone when there is mutual respect between 2 really good opponents like Argyle and Gilmer who have faced each other numerous times in the past, aussie, and a lot of fun for those of us on the outside to read. It is when folks get personal and really nasty that it takes away from the fun.

bearbear78
11-25-2013, 11:13 AM
The Gilmers seem to always fall back on "last year" so since the Rattlers who destroyed Gilemer last year have been sent home for basketball does that spell disaster for the buckys? No, what spells disaster for the Buckys is Argyle!

A few SCs and etx thinks they are gods...lol...the powerhouse legendary programs do exist, just not out east..gilmer buckys aren't gonna change that .

Aguilafanatico
11-25-2013, 11:18 AM

I expect it to be nip and tuck the entire way......I will have to slow down the heart rate, somehow. I have however seen hyped games like this turn into blowouts as one team starts rolling. I was not around for last years Gilmer v Argyle slugfest but assume that is what happened. Competition brings out the best in athletes / champions. I am convinced both teams have the pedigree to make this a war. I'm sure the Gilmer posters heart rate is beating at the same quick rate as the Argyle posters. Both teams are loaded with Seniors and went into this season believing/knowing that this is their year, and rightly so. Unfortunately one teams season will be over earlier than the other, forcing them to find something else to do in east Texas.

lostaussie
11-25-2013, 11:21 AM
The Gilmers seem to always fall back on "last year" so since the Rattlers who destroyed Gilemer last year have been sent home for basketball does that spell disaster for the buckys? No, what spells disaster for the Buckys is Argyle!

A few SCs and etx thinks they are gods...lol...the powerhouse legendary programs do exist, just not out east..gilmer buckys aren't gonna change that .go back to your thread. The one where you get a 6-6 team in the third round. Leave the real football talk to some that know what they speak of. Because in the end.....it won't matter if its Gilmer or Argyle. Y'all will be pummeled again.

Aggie98
11-25-2013, 11:22 AM

I thought it was a crazy call at the time. In retrospect, I'm fairly certain that it gave Gilmer the highest probability of winning. Gilmer's defense was worn out and Justice was picking up 7-8 yards a carry. Could he have fumbled? Maybe, but he has 143 carries this year with 0 fumbles. If Gilmer doesn't let him score when they did, he's probably punching it in with less than 30 seconds on the clock. Even if he doesn't score, the FG would have basically been an extra point. Our kicker is 40 for 40 on extra points. I guess there's always the possibility of a bad snap, but the odds are very low.

waterboy
11-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Wow! Sour grapes anyone? "Gods"? Really? We love our teams over here, and we stick together. Is there something "wrong" with that? We gave Navasota their due. They were the best team last year, and they beat us accordingly. No sour grapes on our end, just respect. They would've done the same with whoever came out Regions 1 and 2. It just so happened it was Gilmer..., because we EARNED a trip to get there by beating the best teams on our side of the bracket. I'm hoping we can finish the deal this year. There are some very good teams who will try and keep us from doing it. That never changes. We will have to EARN it if we are to get there again, and have that opportunity.

waterboy
11-25-2013, 11:28 AM
I thought it was a crazy call at the time. In retrospect, I'm fairly certain that it gave Gilmer the highest probability of winning. Gilmer's defense was worn out and Justice was picking up 7-8 yards a carry. Could he have fumbled? Maybe, but he has 143 carries this year with 0 fumbles. If Gilmer doesn't let him score when they did, he's probably punching it in with less than 30 seconds on the clock. Even if he doesn't score, the FG would have basically been an extra point. Our kicker is 40 for 40 on extra points. I guess there's always the possibility of a bad snap, but the odds are very low.

Actually, the kicker had already missed one extra point in that game..., but it doesn't matter. Y'all beat us, and that's that. Good luck to Kilgore on the D1 side of the bracket! Let's keep the D of D in it, and hopefully we can see each play again against the best of the rest of the state!

hollywood
11-25-2013, 11:33 AM

hollywood
11-25-2013, 11:36 AM
Wish this game was on Saturday. I'd really like to see WWIV between these two!

Let the smack continue! Makes it that much better. Most in this thread know it's all in fun. Some, take it WAY too personal!

Aguilafanatico
11-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Wish this game was on Saturday. I'd really like to see WWIV between these two!

Let the smack continue! Makes it that much better. Most in this thread know it's all in fun. Some, take it WAY too personal!

What do you mean by personal?? When you capitalize "Way"are you referring to West Texas way or areas outside of East Texas??? So that means you think Stephenville is better than the east Texas teams!!!!! East Texas is the center of the universe for football so when you capitalize "way" clearly referring to west Texas (or other areas) being better than the mighty East Texas teams that P-SS-s me off!!!!!!! EAST TEXAS TEAMS ARE BETTER DANGIT!!!!!!! ARRRGGGG!!!!!!! :)

Sville
11-25-2013, 12:03 PM

Gilmer is going to show the rest of the state what East Texas speed is on Friday. Then everyone will hate ETX even more. Gilmer gets it done, even if by one!

You want to boast about consistency, in the last 25 years (counting 2013) Stephenville is 259-58-1 (81% winning %) with 24 playoff appearances, 15 district championships, 13 quarter final appearances, 7 semi-final appearances, and 5 state championships. The Jackets are 64-18 in the playoffs during that span for a 78% winning % in the playoffs, playing an average of 13 games a year in the last 25 years. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Old Tiger
11-25-2013, 12:10 PM

A few SCs and etx thinks they are gods...lol...the powerhouse legendary programs do exist, just not out east..gilmer buckys aren't gonna change that .

Remind me about the time Gilmer beat y'all 50-7 the last time y'all played.

Dawgs
11-25-2013, 12:13 PM
You want to boast about consistency, in the last 25 years (counting 2013) Stephenville is 259-58-1 (81% winning %) with 24 playoff appearances, 15 district championships, 13 quarter final appearances, 7 semi-final appearances, and 5 state championships. The Jackets are 64-18 in the playoffs during that span for a 78% winning % in the playoffs, playing an average of 13 games a year in the last 25 years. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

There is no denying Stephenville's consistency. You guys are the class of 3a. I am not disputing that. What I said was Ville is the big brother to all other teams in the state, and had to come down from 4a and save them all from big bad East Texas :stirpot:. Now you guys can have all the nerds that have been getting bullyed ride you coat tails :). Argyle is also a proven program, and they should be proud. This just isn't there year. Maybe next year, or heck maybe the next. :doh:

Aguilafanatico
11-25-2013, 12:13 PM

That's just the point Sville, Dawgs isn't referring to Carthage consistency, you forget he gets the entire state, East of 635 to the Louisiana border. Reference his term "we" referring to teams with some sort of geographic boundary which has not yet been officially announced by the UIL. East Texas is consistent, ie if Carthage goes out, I claim Gilmer. If Gilmer is eliminated I jump on Kilgore. It's beautiful as you will always have a representative to point to. Why don't we just say a team from Texas routinely and consistently wins the Texas 3A SC, ridiculous yes but the same concept.

waterboy
11-25-2013, 12:20 PM
That's just the point Sville, Dawgs isn't referring to Carthage consistency, you forget he gets the entire state, East of 635 to the Louisiana border. Reference his term "we" referring to teams with some sort of geographic boundary which has not yet been officially announced by the UIL. East Texas is consistent, ie if Carthage goes out, I claim Gilmer. If Gilmer is eliminated I jump on Kilgore. It's beautiful as you will always have a representative to point to. Why don't we just say a team from Texas routinely and consistently wins the Texas 3A SC, ridiculous yes but the same concept.

You've got it all wrong. It's just a sense of community over here, and we respect each other. If one of us falls out of the race, we would still like to see a team from our area of the state bring a championship back. Is there something "wrong" with being a part of a community? Or is that something we should NOT strive for? Maybe some of the other areas of the state should try a little of the East Texas communion and hospitality. It makes for a better world, especially when you have something like Texas high school football to watch and be proud of!

Dawgs
11-25-2013, 12:21 PM

Might want to look at a map and see how close Carthage, Gilmer, and Kilgore are to each other...Amazing 3 schools that close to one another have so much success. Must be something in the water.

Dawgs
11-25-2013, 12:25 PM
This is pretty silly...I'm out of this measuring contest (if you know what I mean) :wave:. This has turned into a East Texas vs. the rest of the state thing when it should be about 2 good teams playing what should be a heck of a ball game. I'll leave this thread with one last comment "East Texas Speed Kills"! :stirpot: Get'em Buckeys!

Aesculus gilmus
11-25-2013, 12:47 PM

If you saw our typical basketball team, you'd know why our fan base is so desperate to keep football season going. Just kidding, basketball team. I know you're trying your best.

regaleagle
11-25-2013, 01:16 PM
So much for the speed kills stuff....let's just get up those season stats on Gilmer and Argyle for this game on Friday, folks. Don't y'all want to see the comparisons??? Forget about what some posters say about speed and location....let's look at the numbers. Then you can have something to talk about to sink your teeth into....not just conjecture or opinion....but real facts.

Aguilafanatico
11-25-2013, 01:33 PM
This is pretty silly...I'm out of this measuring contest (if you know what I mean) :wave:. This has turned into a East Texas vs. the rest of the state thing when it should be about 2 good teams playing what should be a heck of a ball game. I'll leave this thread with one last comment "East Texas Speed Kills"! :stirpot: Get'em Buckeys!

Hey Dawg, (I love saying that) don't cut out now. "The rest of the state" has been pounded relentlessly by the East Texuns. We are just now rallying the resistance. Your last comment though should be examined. It has been pointed out that "the rest of Texas" primarily wins via execution and doesn't have the overall speed to keep up with the East Texuns. What do you have when you have a big, strong team that is an execution machine and has top end speed across the board on both sides of the ball? You have the 2013-2014 Argyle Eagles.

GO EAGLES!

Aguilafanatico
11-25-2013, 01:36 PM
So much for the speed kills stuff....let's just get up those season stats on Gilmer and Argyle for this game on Friday, folks. Don't y'all want to see the comparisons??? Forget about what some posters say about speed and location....let's look at the numbers. Then you can have something to talk about to sink your teeth into....not just conjecture or opinion....but real facts.

Whoops. I didn't see Col. Regal's post before I sent the reply to Dawg. No more speed/East Texun talk.

Bullaholic
11-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Ok folks, let's get down to brass tacks on this one---let's take each game factor/position and let everyone comment on the team having the edge, and saying why:

QB-
RB(s)-
Receivers-
O-line-

Secondary-
Linebackers-
D-Line-

Special Teams-
Kicker-
Punter-

Coach-
Tradition/Record/Recent Playoff Experience-
Fan Support-

PF-
PA-
Avg Yds/Gm
Avg pts/GM

adoptedbuckeye
11-25-2013, 02:11 PM
Ok folks, let's get down to brass tacks on this one---let's take each game factor/position and let everyone comment on the team having the edge, and saying why:

Here's my assessment of Gilmer

QB- Tanner Barr is a dual threat
RB(s)- an entire stable of backs, speed and finesse or ground and pound depending on who's in
Receivers- 4 main receivers rotating in and out with others who all know the system well and usually have good hands
O-line- started the season weak but has progressed and protects qb well

Secondary- only gives up big plays when going for int. instead of knockdown, can cover anyone
Linebackers- strong, fast linebacking corps who swarm to ball
D-Line- undersized versus most teams we play

Special Teams- Punt and kick returners possibly most dangerous in 3a
Kicker- almost guaranteed on xp's and short range fg's
Punter- qb quick kicking pretty well

Coach- can't deny his record is great even if you hate him
Tradition/Record/Recent Playoff Experience- Very deep tradition and high expectations for deep playoff runs
Fan Support- amazing fan support from the Army of Buckeyes

Bullaholic
11-25-2013, 02:19 PM

RB(s)- an entire stable of backs, speed and finesse or ground and pound depending on who's in
Receivers- 4 main receivers rotating in and out with others who all know the system well and usually have good hands

Secondary- only gives up big plays when going for int. instead of knockdown, can cover anyone

Tradition/Record/Recent Playoff Experience- Very deep tradition and high expectations for deep playoff runs

But, do you give the edge to Argyle in any of those factors?

adoptedbuckeye
11-25-2013, 02:22 PM

Oh sorry, I can really only speak for Gilmer, but I know we will be outsized in the OL/DL like usual.

waterboy
11-25-2013, 02:23 PM

Their kicker is a big time weapon! LOL! Our kicker is deadly from 40 yards in. There's is deadly from 55 yards in. Their offensive line is "probably" a little better, but don't know that for sure. Two or three of the other areas are basically a wash because they are both good. All in all, it's a good matchup between two top-notch programs.

Aggie98
11-25-2013, 02:24 PM

QB- Barr (narrowly). Took a young team to a title game a year ago
RB(s)- Tie
Receivers- Gilmer. Pollard, Dixon, Tate, Parrish, others... but Sadler is probably the single best WR
O-line- Argyle

Secondary- No idea
Linebackers- Gilmer. 4 good ones including Josh Walker. Argyle's top 2 are out
D-Line- Argyle

Special Teams-
Kicker- Argyle (obviously)
Punter- Do they have punters?

Coach-
Tradition/Record/Recent Playoff Experience- Traylor has 2 titles
Fan Support- Tie

PF-
PA-
Avg Yds/Gm
Avg pts/GM

Should be a good one.

adoptedbuckeye
11-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Punter- Do they have punters?

LOL I almost said that too

waterboy
11-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Here's some info on the two teams, courtesy of "The Gilmer Mirror", by Joe Dodd:

NOTES

This is Gilmer’s 100th season to play football

Gilmer has never had a winless season

This is Gilmer’s 13th consecutive year in the playoffs

This is Argyle’s 10th consecutive year in the playoffs

Jeff Traylor is 1-2 against Argyle

Jeff Traylor is 159-25 at Gilmer (86%)

Jeff Traylor is 34-10 in playoff games at Gilmer (77%)

Gilmer’s Jeff Traylor’s 86% winning percentage is the 5th best among all active coaches in Texas

Gilmer has won more games (159) than any other 3A team in the state since 2000

Gilmer has either won the state championship or lost in the playoffs to the eventual state champion in 7 of the past 10 years (2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012)

Gilmer is 137-15 (90%) overall since 2003

This is Gilmer’s 7th consecutive year to reach the 3rd round of the playoffs

This is the 9th time in the past 11 years for the Buckeyes to reach the 3rd round of the playoffs

Gilmer is 7-1 in third round playoff games under Jeff Traylor (88%)

Gilmer is 8-5 all time in third round playoff games (62%)

Argyle is 3-4 in third round playoff games (43%)

Argyle finished the regular season ranked 1st in the AP poll

Argyle is ranked 2nd in this week’s ***********.com power rankings

Gilmer is ranked 4th in this week’s ***********.com power rankings

Gilmer's 671 points scored and 55.9 points per game average is 2nd best in Class 3A

Argyle's 650 points scored and 54.2 points per game average is 3rd best in Class 3A

Gilmer’s offense is averaging 552 total yards per game

Gilmer's 690 offensive plays consist of 294 passing attempts (43%) and 396 rushing attempts (57%)

Gilmer averages 274 yards per game passing (50%) and 278 yards per game rushing (50%)

Gilmer has rushing touchdowns by 11 different players

Gilmer has receiving touchdowns by 11 different players

Gilmer’s defense has allowed more than 200 rushing yards only twice this season

Gilmer’s defense has allowed more than 150 passing yards only three times this season

Gilmer's defense has forced 31 take-aways in 12 games

Argyle’s offense is averaging 394.8 total yards per game

Argyle's 658 offensive plays consist of 198 passing attempts (30%) and 460 rushing attempts (70%)

Argyle averages 150.3 yards per game passing (38%) and 244.5 yards per game rushing (62%)

Argyle's 658 offensive plays consist of 198 passing attempts (30%) and 460 rushing attempts (70%)

Argyle averages 150.3 yards per game passing (38%) and 244.5 yards per game rushing (62%)

Gilmer’s defense allows an average of 250.3 yards per game

Argyle’s defense allows an average of 162.3 yards per game

Argyle allows an average of 10.8 points per game (4th best in class 3A)

Gilmer allows an average of 15.2 points per game (11th best in class 3A)

Argyle’s average margin of victory is 43.3 points per game (2nd best in class 3A)

Gilmer’s average margin of victory is 40.8 points per game (3rd best in class 3A)

Gilmer’s schedule strength is the 10th toughest in Class 3A according to ***********.com

Argyle’s schedule strength is the 33rd toughest in Class 3A according to ***********.com

Gilmer’s opponents have a combined record of 61-54

Argyle’s opponents have a combined record of 61-56

Argyle is a 6 point favorite over Gilmer according to ***********.com

Gilmer senior QB Tanner Barr is the 2nd player in school history to surpass the 7,000 total yards mark for a career

Read more: http://www.gilmermirror.com/view/full_story/24113391/article-Gilmer-v--Argyle-Info---Game-Notes

Bullaholic
11-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Here's some info on the two teams, courtesy of "The Gilmer Mirror, by Joe Dodd:

NOTES

Gilmer’s Jeff Traylor’s 86% winning percentage is the 5th best among all active coaches in Texas

Gilmer has either won the state championship or lost in the playoffs to the eventual state champion in 7 of the past 10 years (2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012)

This is the 9th time in the past 11 years for the Buckeyes to reach the 3rd round of the playoffs

Gilmer's 671 points scored and 55.9 points per game average is 2nd best in Class 3A

Argyle's 650 points scored and 54.2 points per game average is 3rd best in Class 3A

Gilmer's 690 offensive plays consist of 294 passing attempts (43%) and 396 rushing attempts (57%)

Gilmer averages 274 yards per game passing (50%) and 278 yards per game rushing (50%)

Gilmer’s defense has allowed more than 150 passing yards only three times this season

Argyle’s average margin of victory is 43.3 points per game (2nd best in class 3A)

Gilmer’s average margin of victory is 40.8 points per game (3rd best in class 3A)

Gilmer’s schedule strength is the 10th toughest in Class 3A according to ***********.com

Argyle’s schedule strength is the 33rd toughest in Class 3A according to ***********.com

Gilmer senior QB Tanner Barr is the 2nd player in school history to surpass the 7,000 total yards mark for a career

Read more: http://www.gilmermirror.com/view/full_story/24113391/article-Gilmer-v--Argyle-Info---Game-Notes Now, THAT's what I'm talking about--- great stuff, waterboy---thanks. Of course, there is also a big intangible to throw in there---Who wants it the most for 4 Quarters and plays like it?

lostaussie
11-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Here's some info on the two teams, courtesy of "The Gilmer Mirror", by Joe Dodd:

NOTES

Read more: http://www.gilmermirror.com/view/full_story/24113391/article-Gilmer-v--Argyle-Info---Game-NotesThat's great stuff......thanks to Joe Dodd of the Gilmer Mirror

adoptedbuckeye
11-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Now, THAT's what I'm talking about--- great stuff, waterboy---thanks. Of course, there is also a big intangible to throw in there---Who wants it the most for 4 Quarters and plays like it?

I think the teams will be pretty even on that point as well. The Buckeyes have always been a second half team and don't mind playing from behind, as most of the starters on this year's team remember from a couple games last year. I don't know how well Argyle plays when they get down a score or two because it probably hasn't happened yet this year! Gilmer better come out and play like they want it from the first snap because Argyle won't give them anything I know that.

waterboy
11-25-2013, 03:17 PM
I think the teams will be pretty even on that point as well. The Buckeyes have always been a second half team and don't mind playing from behind, as most of the starters on this year's team remember from a couple games last year. I don't know how well Argyle plays when they get down a score or two because it probably hasn't happened yet this year! Gilmer better come out and play like they want it from the first snap because Argyle won't give them anything I know that.

We definitely know they are not the kind of team who "gives" you anything. They are one of those type of teams that doesn't turn the ball over, and doesn't make many mental mistakes. There's definitely nothing easy about playing a team with that kind of discipline. The Buckeyes better be on top of their game if they want to continue their quest after this week.

waterboy
11-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Here's what each team has done thus far this season:

Argyle Eagles 2013 Season Results

DateOpponentResult

08/30/13 @ Abilene Wylie won: 38-0

09/06/13 Ft. Worth Nolan Catholic won: 44-21

09/13/13 Paris won: 53-7

09/20/13 @ Kennedale won: 45-7

09/27/13 @ Wilmer-Hutchins won: 52-12

10/04/13 Dallas Madison won:66-7

10/17/13 @ Carrollton Ranchview* won: 65-9

10/25/13 Frisco Lone Star* won: 53-7

11/01/13 @ Aubrey* won: 59-8

11/08/13 Celina* won: 63-13

11/14/13 Krum @ Denton Collins won: 45-0

11/22/13 Melissa @ Prosper won: 55-27

Overall Record: 12-0

Total Points For: 650

Average Points For Per Game: 54.2

Total Points Against: 130

Average Points Against Per Game: 10.8

Gilmer Buckeyes 2013

08/29 Atlanta @ Gilmer: won 57-7

09/6 Plano Prestonwood @ Gilmer: won 66-32

09/13 Jacksonville @ Jacksonville: won 60-20

09/21 Daingerfield @ Gilmer: won 54-27

09/27 Gladewater @ Gilmer: won 52-14

10/4 Chapel Hill @ Chapel Hill: won 56-28

10/12 Henderson @ Longview: won 64-7

10/25 Spring Hill @ Longview: won 71-13

11/1 Bullard @ Gilmer: won 62-0

11/8 Kilgore @ Kilgore: lost 29-34

11/14 Mineola @ Tyler: won 52-0

11/21 Pittsburg @ Longview: won 48-0

Overall Record: 11-1

Total Points For: 671

Average Points For Per Game: 55.9

Total Points Against: 182

Average Points Against Per Game: 15.2

Bullaholic
11-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Irresistible forces meeting immovable objects....

adoptedbuckeye
11-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Irresistible forces meeting immovable objects....

Something's gonna give!

Buckeye1980
11-25-2013, 04:00 PM
For the life of me , I do not see Stevieville on this thread title at all but their people want to post all .

poisoned10
11-25-2013, 05:20 PM
For the life of me , I do not see Stevieville on this thread title at all but their people want to post all .

Every thread has fine print saying that Stephenville must be mentioned in this thread or it will be closed.

Sent from my iPhone

waterboy
11-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Every thread has fine print saying that Stephenville must be mentioned in this thread or it will be closed.

Sent from my iPhone

LOL! There must be some truth in that statement!

hollywood
11-25-2013, 06:38 PM

Sent from my iPhone

Last I checked, this is a public forum. It would be boring if it wasn't!

GO BUCKEYES!

GO EAGLES!

Ok, there ya go!

How's everyone doing this week? Nerves starting to unsettle? Week dragging like an Eagle trying to find a nut?
:wave:

GTownballer
11-25-2013, 07:12 PM

How has them Graham Steers done against them East Texas teams! lol......

GTownballer
11-25-2013, 07:17 PM

Graham got destroyed by a young Buckeye team...destroyed! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_45qcvNpj9c in case you need a reminder!

lostaussie
11-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Graham got destroyed by a young Buckeye team...destroyed! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_45qcvNpj9c in case you need a reminder!talking to bearbear is like talking to nobody. There are some great Graham posters here......him not so much. He likes to stir it up. I bite sometimes but I'm trying to learn:D

Old Tiger
11-25-2013, 07:31 PM
talking to bearbear is like talking to nobody. There are some great Graham posters here......him not so much. He likes to stir it up. I bite sometimes but I'm trying to learn:D

dude is an amateur at stirring things up.

steerz2010
11-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Graham hasn't played anyone!

Cant argue with your point... but we wont be 50 to 7 this year...

Old Tiger
11-25-2013, 07:47 PM
Cant argue with your point... but we wont be 50 to 7 this year...

Better hope not.

hollywood
11-25-2013, 08:13 PM
Better hope not.

Hey Old Tigre, isn't Rockdale still playing?

lostaussie
11-25-2013, 08:17 PM
Hey Old Tigre, isn't Rockdale still playing?you are bad Hollywood....... BAD:D

Old Tiger
11-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Hey Old Tigre, isn't Rockdale still playing?

Yeah, scored like 130 points in their first two match ups in playoffs. Playing Coldspring this week and will likely lose.

Or are we talking about Glen Rose? lol

lostaussie
11-25-2013, 08:49 PM
Yeah, scored like 130 points in their first two match ups in playoffs. Playing Coldspring this week and will likely lose.

Or are we talking about Glen Rose? lolthat's the way to pump them up!!! Lol

Old Tiger
11-25-2013, 08:55 PM
that's the way to pump them up!!! Lol

I only know the QB of the team because his dad coached me in baseball and football in junior high. His older brother is friends with one of my friends brother. Other than that I am really not affiliated with Rockdale anymore. I just know Coldspring is very good and Rockdale hasn't played a team that good since Navasota.

hollywood
11-25-2013, 08:58 PM

Or are we talking about Glen Rose? lol

LOL... :fnypost:

I always thought you were an ankle twister alum! :thinking:

:D

regaleagle
11-25-2013, 09:18 PM

I appreciate the attempt, but the above are NOT stats, just opinion. I'm looking for some numbers for validation.

#1 TEXAN
11-25-2013, 09:23 PM
I think this one will be decided in the final minute I'm gonna take gilmer by 7.

hollywood
11-25-2013, 09:31 PM
I appreciate the attempt, but the above are NOT stats, just opinion. I'm looking for some numbers for validation.

Not everyone is an anilytical regal. Hey, that kinda ryhmed! Cam, where are you with your limericks? Anyway, sometimes in football, and especially HS football and in a match up of this magnitude, throw stats out the window! Its the team that executes and minimizes mistakes the best!

regaleagle
11-25-2013, 09:36 PM
I don't really know how many minutes the starters for Gilmer did NOT play, but the total for Argyle was HUGE this season!!! So the stats are just that, but I'd say I like Argyle's since I do know the amount of time the starters were on the sidelines all year. Most of those stats were compiled offensively in the first half of just about 95% of our games. The backups did score a few TD's here and there in this game or that game, but not that many. And they did give up points and skew the stats on the defensive side of things. So overall from what I know to be true for this Argyle team, I'd say the stats as they stand are jimdandy for what time was played by our starters. I seriously doubt that Gilmer starters played less minutes this season than did our Argyle starters....but that topic is highly subjective and nondebateable. That makes me feel even more confident in what the Eagles may be able to accomplish in a full 4 quarters if necessary. Heck, in most games almost all starters were on the bench for the rest of the game in the entire 2nd half. And BTW, we have several punters....Hedland and Sadler. Both are former soccer players of known quality around the metroplex. There's another kicker/punter in the wings....but he will have to wait til next season to flex his leg.

adoptedbuckeye
11-25-2013, 09:39 PM
I don't really know how many minutes the starters for Gilmer did NOT play, but the total for Argyle was HUGE this season!!! So the stats are just that, but I'd say I like Argyle's since I do know the amount of time the starters were on the sidelines all year. Most of those stats were compiled offensively in the first half of just about 95% of our games. The backups did score a few TD's here and there in this game or that game, but not that many. And they did give up points and skew the stats on the defensive side of things. So overall from what I know to be true for this Argyle team, I'd say the stats as they stand are jimdandy for what time was played by our starters. I seriously doubt that Gilmer starters played less minutes this season than did our Argyle starters....but that topic is highly subjective and nondebateable. That makes me feel even more confident in what the Eagles may be able to accomplish in a full 4 quarters if necessary.

Gilmer's starters played most games this season at least halfway through the 3rd quarter. Kilgore and Chapel Hill were the 2 games I remember the starters playing the entire (Kilgore) and almost entire (CH) game.

adoptedbuckeye
11-25-2013, 09:45 PM

Sorry I thought we were just chiming in with our personal assessments. The stats for both teams look pretty dang close to me. The biggest statistical difference looks like the defensive stats for Argyle vs. Gilmer's. But I'm thinking along the lines of what hollywood said...come Friday night, that can all go out the window and it comes down to performance and execution in the game.

regaleagle
11-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Sorry I thought we were just chiming in with our personal assessments. The stats for both teams look pretty dang close to me. The biggest statistical difference looks like the defensive stats for Argyle vs. Gilmer's. But I'm thinking along the lines of what hollywood said...come Friday night, that can all go out the window and it comes down to performance and execution in the game.

Oh that's absolutely true in all games period, but I just wanted the viewers to see just how close these 2 teams have measured up thru the season this year. I think the Gilmer and Argyle fans are fairly well aware of each others numbers from doing research, but alot of other fans do not bother with that sort of thing. They just read about what's posted here and there, and then come up with an opinion based on that. So I thought it might be a good thing to let them see that this game is truly what one would call a "toss-up". IMO, Argyle should not be a favorite in this game, nor should Gilmer. In my mind, from what I know of these teams and their staffs, this game is as true a toss-up game as you could have.

regaleagle
11-25-2013, 10:08 PM
Heck, the only reason Gilmer is not getting their just due in the Metroplex is because they lost that game to Kilgore. But what they don't know is that Gilmer did just about everything wrong you could do as a team, and still almost won it. Your coach even let Kilgore score at the end to get the ball back.....a rare and bold move that actually had reason behind it. I doubt if Argyle would have done that, but it was a judgement thing. It's hard to say until you're in that position. Chances are that if he wouldn't have done that, Kilgore would have killed the clock, kicked the field goal or scored a TD anyway, and would have won with only secs. on the clock. Most fans just assume Gilmer got beat by a better team....but it was not like that. Even Kilgore fans and others that saw the game(Hollywood???) should attest to that. So I'm not on that bandwagon that says Argyle is gonna do this or that to Gilmer. They may or may not. I think this game will be a classic and be decided late in the 4th. That's what it looks like on paper, anyway. I could be wrong, and it won't be the first time, but I look for a back and forth offensive affair to the finish.

bearbear78
11-25-2013, 10:14 PM
talking to bearbear is like talking to nobody. There are some great Graham posters here......him not so much. He likes to stir it up. I bite sometimes but I'm trying to learn:D
Lol...anyone who doesn't buy into your east tx speed non sense is nothing lost Aussie .. Well we happen to have a few teams up here that will cram your east tx speed you know where!!!! You think you beat Graham once and it's that way from now on but when the buckys get a good ole arse kicking everybody better watch out cause now their mad!!!!! What a boob

bearbear78
11-25-2013, 10:16 PM
Argyle will do exactly what Sota did and that's put a severe beating on them...watch and see

bearbear78
11-25-2013, 10:17 PM
Then they can use that east tx speed to get back to east tx and get out the sneakers!!

bearbear78
11-25-2013, 10:19 PM
And your a pro?? Lol.... Look back at some of your post DUDE.... There is not a fine line or grey area between stupidity and stirring it up...

poisoned10
11-25-2013, 10:22 PM
There is not a fine line or grey area between stupidity and stirring it up...

You are finally making a bit of sense. It's very obvious which side of that not-so-thin line you are on.

bearbear78
11-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Yes...anyone that doesn't fall for the east tx speed is on the wrong side of the line!!!! Seriously , put down the banjos and come up with something new Gilmer

poisoned10
11-25-2013, 10:44 PM
Yes...anyone that doesn't fall for the east tx speed is on the wrong side of the line!!!! Seriously , put down the banjos and come up with something new Gilmer

Your feelings are still obviously very hurt from that massacre by Gilmer on your precious Graham Calves. I would hope for us to lose too in hopes I wouldn't get my ass stomped again.

#1 TEXAN
11-25-2013, 10:47 PM
Argyle will do exactly what Sota did and that's put a severe beating on them...watch and see

I'm not a gilmer fan at all but you have to give respect where it's due, I'm not saying they can't be beat but nobody in 3a is gonna put a severe beating on gilmer.

hollywood
11-25-2013, 10:51 PM
I'm not a gilmer fan at all but you have to give respect where it's due, I'm not saying they can't be beat but nobody in 3a is gonna put a severe beating on gilmer.

I respect Gilmer's program too. This year, I don't think so. Last year, Sota did.

Aguilafanatico
11-25-2013, 11:24 PM
I respect Gilmer's program too. This year, I don't think so. Last year, Sota did.

Plenty of respect for the Gilmer program from the Argyllians. I don't think you will find anyone on this thread from Eagle nation calling for a "severe beating". I do have confidence that the Eagles will execute and will compete as fiercely as any team Gilmer has faced this year. The Eagles have experienced their share of challenges but have overcome in every instance. Losses of Hackney and Sizelove as well as periods of absence from Ralston, Boyzuick, Katzen, Sadler, Waggoner, and Stewart have a way of creating resolve in the ranks. What has driven this team, besides a ton of talent, is the leadership provided by a senior laden group of young men who have been through the battles for several years. I watched several games at AT&T stadium over the weekend, and know several of the players, including several Sophomores. It is clear that sometimes the lights get a little bright for younger players this time of year. While Argyle's depth has been provided primarily by Sophomores with several of them starting, the Seniors have been able to ground them and provide a calming influence. I firmly believe if you look at the successful teams this time of year, they all have great senior leadership. Gilmer and Argyle have this in common and is one of the key reasons, outside of sheer talent, that both groups believe this to be their year. The seniors from both teams have faced each other for several years straight in the playoffs. It's a shame that one of these groups is going to have their 2013 seasons and outstanding High School careers end without a SC ring. A ton of great football players, and impressive young men will be on the field Friday night at Kincaide stadium.

bearbear78
11-25-2013, 11:34 PM
They sure did and no team was gonna give them a beating then either...and it happened...this year ville would beat the by at least 3 tds and Argyle beats them by 2 tds..already know kilgore beat them...I think carthage would hang a 3 td win on them too....respect when its due , yeah.....but the gilmers and their whole no teams beats gilmer and the east tx speed gets oldddddd

Bullaholic
11-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Just curious bearbear---Do you support Graham?

Pawdaddy
11-26-2013, 10:36 AM
They sure did and no team was gonna give them a beating then either...and it happened...this year ville would beat the by at least 3 tds and Argyle beats them by 2 tds..already know kilgore beat them...I think carthage would hang a 3 td win on them too....respect when its due , yeah.....but the gilmers and their whole no teams beats gilmer and the east tx speed gets oldddddd

I just caught up on this thread after a few days. If poohbear didn't constantly rant about east texas speed, there would be almost no mention of it on this thread. Almost every other poster saying something about it is in reply to poohbear. Is it jealousy or envy or is he still just trying to swallow that big lump in his throat from last year? Seems like an overabundance of emotion coming from someone without a dog in the fight. However, keep it coming poohbear. You are entertaining. Oh yeah.......east Texas speed!

adoptedbuckeye
11-26-2013, 10:39 AM
I just caught up on this thread after a few days. If poohbear didn't constantly rant about east texas speed, there would be almost no mention of it on this thread. Almost every other poster saying something about it is in reply to poohbear. Is it jealousy or envy or is he still just trying to swallow that big lump in his throat from last year? Seems like an overabundance of emotion coming from someone without a dog in the fight. However, keep it coming poohbear. You are entertaining. Oh yeah.......east Texas speed!

Aaaahhhh he mentioned the words!

hollywood
11-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Plenty of respect for the Gilmer program from the Argyllians. I don't think you will find anyone on this thread from Eagle nation calling for a "severe beating". I do have confidence that the Eagles will execute and will compete as fiercely as any team Gilmer has faced this year. The Eagles have experienced their share of challenges but have overcome in every instance. Losses of Hackney and Sizelove as well as periods of absence from Ralston, Boyzuick, Katzen, Sadler, Waggoner, and Stewart have a way of creating resolve in the ranks. What has driven this team, besides a ton of talent, is the leadership provided by a senior laden group of young men who have been through the battles for several years. I watched several games at AT&T stadium over the weekend, and know several of the players, including several Sophomores. It is clear that sometimes the lights get a little bright for younger players this time of year. While Argyle's depth has been provided primarily by Sophomores with several of them starting, the Seniors have been able to ground them and provide a calming influence. I firmly believe if you look at the successful teams this time of year, they all have great senior leadership. Gilmer and Argyle have this in common and is one of the key reasons, outside of sheer talent, that both groups believe this to be their year. The seniors from both teams have faced each other for several years straight in the playoffs. It's a shame that one of these groups is going to have their 2013 seasons and outstanding High School careers end without a SC ring. A ton of great football players, and impressive young men will be on the field Friday night at Kincaide stadium.

Good post Aguilafanatico. By the way, what's with your user name?? :vrycnfsd: LOL

From a sentimental stand point, it will be a shame that one teams' seniors will end their HS football careers this week. And not get a chance at getting a ring or stand inside Jerry World knowing they are playing for a state championship, and for Gilmer seniors who have been there already, a chance to redeem what they didn't finish. It's taken a lot of hard work and commitment from the players and coaches to get to where they are now. They have poured many hours into their respective programs that they believe in preparing for the ultimate goal, the State Championship. Most programs haven't and don't ever get that chance.

On the flip side, that is life. There are winners and their are losers in the game of life when competition is involved. It's the spirit of competition that drives one to be better, to improve. To learn from the experience of what it takes to work hard towards a goal and try your very best to accomplish it. Sometimes you do and sometimes you don't. They won't get do over’s. That's the sad part. For the underclassmen, they will have a another chance. For what it's worth, the best teams prevail at the end. That's the beauty of the playoff system. It's more water downed than it was 20 years ago and even just a year ago, but at the end of the season, the best teams in their respective divisions are standing with the trophy in their possession. May the best teams prevail!

bearbear78
11-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Just curious bearbear---Do you support Graham?
Bull your too old to be asking silly questions...yes I do..also do not expect our opponent to throw in the towel because we walk on the field...also aware defeat is always a risk and we aren't entitled to a win just because we are graham. not like SOME teams who expect an opponent to lay down because that etx speed!!!! Now then, next question

hollywood
11-26-2013, 10:45 AM
Aaaahhhh he mentioned the words!

Oh no-he-di-unt! Oooooooooo, Pawdaddy said it. He said East Texas Speed! :eek:

Inmateboss
11-26-2013, 10:47 AM
Your feelings are still obviously very hurt from that massacre by Gilmer on your precious Graham Calves. I would hope for us to lose too in hopes I wouldn't get my ass stomped again.

While were on the subject of getting asses stomped, did you get to see the best game of the year last year ??? I sure did it was awesome!!! Karma can be a real bitch sometimes!! http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/26/ezume9yt.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) - inmateboss

SHSBulldog00
11-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Oh no-he-di-unt! Oooooooooo, Pawdaddy said it. He said East Texas Speed! :eek:

But when two ET teams play doesn't that cancel out the speed advantage? Or are there pockets that are speedier than others?

Wait is speedier a grammatical error? :vrycnfsd:

Inmateboss
11-26-2013, 10:52 AM
Oh yeah GO ARGYLE !!!!

Inmateboss
11-26-2013, 10:58 AM
But when two ET teams play doesn't that cancel out the speed advantage? Or are there pockets that are speedier than others?

Oh I'm sure Gilmer is the speedier team in all the kingdom!! Wait.... Nope that would be Navasota!!!
And yes speedier sounds fine!!

waterboy
11-26-2013, 11:01 AM

Hahaha... It doesn't matter where you are in this great state, there is always speed. Some teams are blessed with more than others, but that doesn't always compute to wins. And, no, I think "speedier" is a word...?:D

I'm still waiting on the Graham posters to hoist their SC trophies...

Oh..., wait...

hollywood
11-26-2013, 11:05 AM
Now this is getting fun!

Nevermind, I'm biting my toung. Not going to say it! Wait... here it comes... nope... not going to say it.... grrrrr.... Steph...#&&@*($)^.

Okay, man I've got some self control!

bearbear78
11-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Aweeeee I don't support the east tx self proclaimed greatest ever or their "speed" and my name gets changed to poohbear.......really? LMAO....east texans are so cruel...and fast (they think)

waterboy
11-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Now this is getting fun!

Nevermind, I'm biting my toung. Not going to say it! Wait... here it comes... nope... not going to say it.... grrrrr.... Steph...#&&@*($)^.

:fnypost::doh:

adoptedbuckeye
11-26-2013, 11:09 AM
Now this is getting fun!

Lmao!

In any case, speed won't be and never has been the determining factor of Gilmer vs Argyle IMO

bearbear78
11-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Having a couple in the case doesn't make it the dynasty you gilmos like to portray it as...the dynasty teams are from this part of Tejas...ours is coming and we will get it with hard work and NORTH TEXAS CLASS

hollywood
11-26-2013, 11:19 AM
Lmao!

In any case, speed won't be and never has been the determining factor of Gilmer vs Argyle IMO

:D

I agree adoptedbuckeye, because good lawd we know there is speed all over the state of Texas. Execution is the key. And it's not just execution, it's the rate of execution. The speed and power of execution if you will. ;) Oh crap, It's about to come out.... nope, I shut it down!! Close call.. sorry.

Aguilafanatico
11-26-2013, 11:19 AM
Lmao!

Execution, execution, execution. I watched highlights of last years game and it didn't take me long to recognize all of the uncharacteristic errors committed by Argyle. You could say that they were the result of Gilmer but from I could see most were unforced. Fumbles, interceptions with little pressure, bad snaps. That is when the game got away from Argyle. Heck, Argyle scored the first TD on an error (fumble) by Gilmer. It sounds like a cliche but the team that eliminates mistakes and executes will win. There is talent all over the field for both sides and you will pay if you turn the ball over or miss an assignment. Just the way it is.

Snotbubbles
11-26-2013, 11:21 AM
Is Gilmer favored in basketball?

hollywood
11-26-2013, 11:23 AM
Execution, execution, execution. I watched highlights of last years game and it didn't take me long to recognize all of the uncharacteristic errors committed by Argyle. You could say that they were the result of Gilmer but from I could see most were unforced. Fumbles, interceptions with little pressure, bad snaps. That is when the game got away from Argyle. Heck, Argyle scored the first TD on an error (fumble) by Gilmer. It sounds like a cliche but the team that eliminates mistakes and executes will win. There is talent all over the field for both sides and you will pay if you turn the ball over or miss an assignment. Just the way it is.

:iagree: :2thumbsup

regaleagle
11-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Sounds to me like there may be a few posters out there that would like to get another shot at Gilmer this season with the team that they have assembled this season. Unfortunately, they will have to stand in line. That's right Gilmerites....there's teams standing in line to play your team, haha. This week, Argyle is at the head of the line....it's our turn to return last year's beatdown. Graham may not get their chance at that this season.....OR they may very well be at the head of the line in 2 weeks. I guess it comes with the territory. I can assure all fans that the Argyle coaches have done their due diligence even before this season started to have our Eagles prepared to play the Buckeyes this week. It was no revelation that in order for Argyle to win the region this season, they would most likely be playing Gilmer this season again in this round for that opportunity. Unlike other regions in D2, getting past Gilmer is a real task. Just ask some of the other teams in District of Doom how many times they have won a game against Gilmer. Argyle's record against the Buckeyes is better than most, and they know it. So for the Buckeyes this game represents not only the chance to advance and eventually win the region and maybe another SC title run....but the opportunity to even their series record with Argyle. What this means is this game for the Buckeyes is multi-faceted....as compared to maybe other games they play in the course of the playoffs. It has much meaning to them....it's personal. At least that's what the Gilmer posters have hinted without realizing it. Which also means that's what the coaches and players are thinking, too. So all I can say is this: Argyle better get ready for a knock-down, drag-out, no holds barred fight in this one. Gilmer posters on the Smoaky site are almost non-existent so far on their gamethread. This game this week is very serious business over in Buckeyeland. To lose again to Argyle is almost unacceptable to the Gilmerites and their rich football history. Argyle is just a 10-yr old school....how can that happen??? They can't let that happen.....but they won't. It would happen only because Argyle made it happen....not because Gilmer let it happen. That's why this game this week is so big....esp. for the Gilmerites. To them, this game is multi-faceted with more than just another title run at stake. It strikes at the very heart of the Buckeye legacy. GO GET EM, EAGLES!!! TAKE EM TO THE WOODSHED

waterboy
11-26-2013, 11:27 AM
^^What's the word for having two opposites in the same sentence, with one being a noun, and the other being an adjective?^^

If Michael Irvin himself calls us a "dynasty", then it must be true!:D

Bullaholic
11-26-2013, 11:27 AM
Bull your too old to be asking silly questions...yes I do..also do not expect our opponent to throw in the towel because we walk on the field...also aware defeat is always a risk and we aren't entitled to a win just because we are graham. not like SOME teams who expect an opponent to lay down because that etx speed!!!! Now then, next question

I just didn't see any of your posts on any of the Graham threads, so I was wondering. Maybe you just hate East Texas more than you support the Steers? :D

bearbear78
11-26-2013, 11:38 AM
I just didn't see any of your posts on any of the Graham threads, so I was wondering. Maybe you just hate East Texas more than you support the Steers? :D

Then you didn't look with effort or maybe you just needed something to type? Maybe? And I don't hate east texas, actually go there often on business and to see friends in Longview. Its simply entertaining watching the Gilmos proclaim greatness over the rest of the state when they arent even the best in east tx...took you too long to respond, you need east tx speed dude

waterboy
11-26-2013, 11:46 AM
I think it's fair to say that there is a healthy respect on both sides of this matchup. I also think this game was circled on the calendar after last year's game, at least for Argyle. I'm pretty sure the Buckeye coaching staff foreknew that the road to a possible state championship would go through Argyle. Neither team should be surprised at all. It'll come down to who executes the best under the circumstances as usual.

Bullaholic
11-26-2013, 11:49 AM
Then you didn't look with effort or maybe you just needed something to type? Maybe? And I don't hate east texas, actually go there often on business and to see friends in Longview. Its simply entertaining watching the Gilmos proclaim greatness over the rest of the state when they arent even the best in east tx...took you too long to respond, you need east tx speed dude

Well, as you pointed out, bearbear---I am old and slow. Sometimes I even take the time to think about what I am typing....but thanks for answering the questions---I wouldn't want to get any wrong ideas about you....Best of luck to the Steers, and I know I will enjoy the game between two of best programs and teams in 3A- Argyle and Gilmer---so good that I am thinking about going.

hollywood
11-26-2013, 12:11 PM
Well, as you pointed out, bearbear---I am old and slow. Sometimes I even take the time to think about what I am typing....but thanks for answering the questions---I wouldn't want to get any wrong ideas about you....Best of luck to the Steers, and I know I will enjoy the game between two of best programs and teams in 3A- Argyle and Gilmer---so good that I am thinking about going.

Good thing you didn't say THE 2 best programs and teams in 3A, you would have had fury after your arse like you've never seen before! lol :D

Wish I could make this one. I'll be tuning in on the Downlow to catch plenty of updates, I'm sure there will be many. ;)

Inmateboss
11-26-2013, 12:14 PM
Hahaha... It doesn't matter where you are in this great state, there is always speed. Some teams are blessed with more than others, but that doesn't always compute to wins. And, no, I think "speedier" is a word...?:D

I'm still waiting on the Graham posters to hoist their SC trophies...

Oh..., wait...

It's ok, we keep on trying! And until that time bow and show some respect, the champions are in the house!!! http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/zadate4e.jpg

adoptedbuckeye
11-26-2013, 12:18 PM
Regaleagle nailed it. We want it just as bad as Argyle does. I hope it's a game for the history books.

Pawdaddy
11-26-2013, 12:18 PM
Now this is getting fun!

Hahaha! Hang in there, Hollywood! But it is still a long time until game time. I don't think you have time for a 12 step program. Maybe poohbear can give you some self control tips. :wave::wave:

waterboy
11-26-2013, 12:27 PM
It's ok, we keep on trying! And until that time bow and show some respect, the champions are in the house!!! http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/zadate4e.jpg

Just in case you want to relive the glory of December 14, 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_45qcvNpj9c[

Old Tiger
11-26-2013, 01:07 PM

I love how y'all continue to ignore the last meeting of Graham/Gilmer and you post that picture as if you are from Navasota, lol.

Inmateboss
11-26-2013, 01:20 PM

I'm thinking about going too!!! Should be a classic Texas football game!!!

hollywood
11-26-2013, 01:25 PM
I'm thinking about going too!!! Should be a classic Texas football game!!!

If I were Graham, I'd be going to that game too! Calm before the storm!

Pawdaddy
11-26-2013, 01:29 PM
If I were Graham, I'd be going to that game too! Calm before the storm!

If I were Graham, I would leave today because I would be so slow it would take that long to get there.

Inmateboss
11-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Just in case you want to relive the glory of December 14, 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_45qcvNpj9c[

Hahaha you can watch all these videos you want, cause I'm sure it makes you feel better watching these than any part of y'all's next game!!! Glad we can provide you some enjoyment!!! I watch the state championship game videos anytime I'm feeling down! And yes it helps!!

Inmateboss
11-26-2013, 01:38 PM
I love how y'all continue to ignore the last meeting of Graham/Gilmer and you post that picture as if you are from Navasota, lol.

I'm not from Navasota , but did sit on there side and cheer them on !!! Class act right there and their fans are top notch !!!

Inmateboss
11-26-2013, 01:41 PM
If I were Graham, I would leave today because I would be so slow it would take that long to get there.

You would have to leave today because you obviously are that slow!!
Argyle takes it by 21!!!

Aggie98
11-26-2013, 02:01 PM