PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 Regional GOTW: Gilmer (11-1) vs. Argyle (12-0) - 4 Years in a Row

Pages : 1 [2]

Steer Alum
11-26-2013, 02:10 PM
Should be a good ole, slobber knocker. Hope Argyle gives Gilmer whats beena a long time comin! Eagles by 14

waterboy
11-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Should be a good ole, slobber knocker. Hope Argyle gives Gilmer whats beena a long time comin! Eagles by 14

Is Argyle like y'all's big brother or something? Argyle might beat us, we'll see, but I'll guarantee the winner of this one beats the living daylights out of Graham.

Steer Alum
11-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Is Argyle like y'all's big brother or something? Argyle might beat us, we'll see, but I'll guarantee the winner of this one beats the living daylights out of Graham.
Big Brother? no, we just consider them a good, disciplined team. Who are good winners. Unlike some other teams.... not to point any fingers.

waterboy
11-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Big Brother? no, we just consider them a good, disciplined team. Who are good winners. Unlike some other teams.... not to point any fingers.

Turn the finger back at yourselves, and see what poor losers are. The hatred y'all have shown is not healthy. Live a little, love a lot, and have fun!

Steer Alum
11-26-2013, 02:25 PM
Turn the finger back at yourselves, and see what poor losers are. The hatred y'all have shown is not healthy. Live a little, love a lot, and have fun!

Graham always prides themselves on character and hard work. Win or Lose, we'll hold our heads high my friend! Good Luck to you this week

Old Tiger
11-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Graham always prides themselves on character and hard work. Win or Lose, we'll hold our heads high my friend! Good Luck to you this week

We aint talking about the players, we are talking about the moronic posters.

hollywood
11-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Rocket must be in Graham these days.

Inmateboss
11-26-2013, 02:43 PM
We aint talking about the players, we are talking about the moronic posters.

But we don't hold that against y'all !! Y'all can post all the moronic gibberish you want, this is the DL and we like to hear from all the people!! It gives balance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) - inmateboss

Inmateboss
11-26-2013, 02:45 PM

No, but somebody has to fill his shoes, might as well be them Gilmer posters!!!

Deuce
11-26-2013, 02:47 PM

Let's not point the finger at everyone from Graham. Myself along with other Graham posters were pulling for Gilmer to win it all after y'all beat us last year.
As for this game, it should be a great one. Wish I could make it. I really couldn't care who wins, but since I took Argyle in my bracket I guess I will pull for them.

Slick50
11-26-2013, 03:03 PM
They sure did and no team was gonna give them a beating then either...and it happened...this year ville would beat the by at least 3 tds and Argyle beats them by 2 tds..already know kilgore beat them...I think carthage would hang a 3 td win on them too....respect when its due , yeah.....but the gilmers and their whole no teams beats gilmer and the east tx speed gets oldddddd

bearbear, have you seen gilmer play this year?????

Bullaholic
11-26-2013, 03:04 PM
Remember the big threads always attract the nicest people.....mostly...:D Also remember what teacher and mama always said---"If you don't have something nice to say...."

toddg
11-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Remember the big threads always attract the nicest people.....mostly...:D Also remember what teacher and mama always said---"If you don't have something nice to say...."
what in the wide world of sports is going on here?!

lostaussie
11-26-2013, 03:38 PM
what in the wide world of sports is going on here?!some graham idgets have come out of the woodpile all butthurt. Can't even talk about the game for all their crap.

#1 TEXAN
11-26-2013, 03:42 PM

You know every village has at least one!!!

waterboy
11-26-2013, 03:48 PM
Let's not point the finger at everyone from Graham. Myself along with other Graham posters were pulling for Gilmer to win it all after y'all beat us last year.
As for this game, it should be a great one. Wish I could make it. I really couldn't care who wins, but since I took Argyle in my bracket I guess I will pull for them.

Nice post. It's good to see that not all of the Graham people are sore losers. By the way, I hope you're wrong on your bracket!:D

adoptedbuckeye
11-26-2013, 03:50 PM
I just realized it's only Tuesday.... gah I'm ready!

lostaussie
11-26-2013, 03:58 PM
I just realized it's only Tuesday.... gah I'm ready!Turkey day and some Bass Pro Shops on Friday.......that will make it go by a little faster!!!:D

adoptedbuckeye
11-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Turkey day and some Bass Pro Shops on Friday.......that will make it go by a little faster!!!:D

You are brave indeed to go to Bass Pro on Friday

lostaussie
11-26-2013, 04:07 PM
You are brave indeed to go to Bass Pro on FridayIts the most wonderful time of the year!!!:D

hollywood
11-26-2013, 04:08 PM
Will this guy have a better game this year than last?

#5 Ian Sadler (Utility Player) Argyle Eagles

http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20130420-drc_argylegilmer_10_28552165.jpg.ece/BINARY/w1024I/DRC_ARGYLEGILMER_10_28552165.JPG

adoptedbuckeye
11-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Will this guy have a better game this year than last?

#5 Ian Sadler (Utility Player) Argyle Eagles

http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20130420-drc_argylegilmer_10_28552165.jpg.ece/BINARY/w1024I/DRC_ARGYLEGILMER_10_28552165.JPG

He's a force to be reckoned with for sure. Do you double cover him and leave other areas open? Or trust our best defensive back to stick to him like glue?

waterboy
11-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Turkey day and some Bass Pro Shops on Friday.......that will make it go by a little faster!!!:D

Going to Bass Pro Shop on Friday?? This Friday?? You are brave, I'll hand you that!

Bullaholic
11-26-2013, 04:23 PM
Both teams healthy and close to 100%?

hollywood
11-26-2013, 04:24 PM
He's a force to be reckoned with for sure. Do you double cover him and leave other areas open? Or trust our best defensive back to stick to him like glue?

He's a great athlete. He's a very good soccer player. This is where I heard about him first. Me likes soccer! ;)

http://www.dentonrc.com/incoming/20120131-argyle-forward-freshman-ian-sadler.ece/BINARY/w460x307/+Argyle+forward+freshman+Ian+Sadler+

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/66/988/4_988066.jpg

bearbear78
11-26-2013, 04:26 PM
If I were Graham, I would leave today because I would be so slow it would take that long to get there.
Now I'm convinced....you've got to be a teenager with some of your post. Do your folks know your online? While your at it how many reg season rushing yards did the Gilmo RB put up? See we have some pretty good speed in north Texas too, got some pretty good receivers as well, and a pretty good qb, and a pretty good DL and a pretty good OL, so if we get another stab at Gilmo and the boys don't get shook up and lose control again....Gilmo is in for a surprise poohdaddy. I said pooh, I'm a bad a@@ now!!!!

bearbear78
11-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Is Argyle like y'all's big brother or something? Argyle might beat us, we'll see, but I'll guarantee the winner of this one beats the living daylights out of Graham.do you not realize that the only people pulling for Gilmo are Gilmos???? Everyone else wants them to lose to argyle . Then it's a whole year before the east tx speed crap hits the forums again. A few select fans are what makes Gilmo not so popular. Try showing some class instead of the guarantee to win because its Gilmo, even when they lose you guys can't accept it and your still the greatest of all time. That's what makes it great when teams do what Navasota did and send you home, or like Kilgore did and flat out beat you . Graham is a class act solid football team win or lose, that's why we gain support .

bearbear78
11-26-2013, 04:38 PM
We aint talking about the players, we are talking about the moronic posters.its just funny when this dude calls someone a moron! Old pot & kettle saying comes to mind

Inmateboss
11-26-2013, 04:43 PM
some graham idgets have come out of the woodpile all butthurt. Can't even talk about the game for all their crap.

We just came on to show support for a team playing a football game, and because we didnt holler for your team y'all are the ones that got butt hurt and started smacking on us!! Why do you get to pick who anybody hollers for??? Arrogance, may play a big role in it !! But I'm still gonna holler for Argyle and the fact that "YOUR" team won the game against graham last year has nothing to do with me hollering for them!! Good luck to ya !

Old Tiger
11-26-2013, 04:44 PM
its just funny when this dude calls someone a moron! Old pot & kettle saying comes to mind

Ain't even close man, difference between what I post and what you post.

bearbear78
11-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Argyle is a excellent classy program.. They will win this game. Looks like Gilmo may actually have some outside support,even from Graham, but they're just casting bait looking for a bite. I travel pretty much every week and have seen multiple teams and watch footage in the hotels and Gilmer is NOT the best 3a team in Texas folks...it's been proved and will be again when they meet Argyle

bearbear78
11-26-2013, 04:49 PM
We just came on to show support for a team playing a football game, and because we didnt holler for your team y'all are the ones that got butt hurt and started smacking on us!! Why do you get to pick who anybody hollers for??? Arrogance, may play a big role in it !! But I'm still gonna holler for Argyle and the fact that "YOUR" team won the game against graham last year has nothing to do with me hollering for them!! Good luck to ya !

It's that way any time you pick an opponent to beat Gilmer. Always. Then you add in the one that jump on the band wagon because it passed by when they were trolling for a feud or tossing the lure. Either way I think argyle will honestly beat Gilmer in a dominating way. If by chance they don't I feel confident the Steers issue a payback defeat to Gilmer!

Bullaholic
11-26-2013, 04:58 PM
How did Kilgore beat Gilmer?---more rushing or more passing? Who played Argyle the best game so far?

Aggie98
11-26-2013, 05:01 PM
How did Kilgore beat Gilmer?---more rushing or more passing? Who played Argyle the best game so far?

We rushed for 302 and passed for 76.

firstdown
11-26-2013, 05:12 PM

Abilene Wylie

waterboy
11-26-2013, 05:23 PM
do you not realize that the only people pulling for Gilmo are Gilmos???? Everyone else wants them to lose to argyle . Then it's a whole year before the east tx speed crap hits the forums again. A few select fans are what makes Gilmo not so popular. Try showing some class instead of the guarantee to win because its Gilmo, even when they lose you guys can't accept it and your still the greatest of all time. That's what makes it great when teams do what Navasota did and send you home, or like Kilgore did and flat out beat you . Graham is a class act solid football team win or lose, that's why we gain support .

East Texas speed! East Texas speed!

I had to throw that in there, seeing as you keep mentioning it..., just to remind you. Hahahaha...! It seems the one's that mention speed the most are those outside our area. We don't dwell on it, because we over here is GILMER know that it takes EXECUTION moreso than SPEED to win in football. Yes, Navasota gave us a good spanking last year, and we gave them kudos for it. We don't hold grudges like some other teams that get/got their behinds whipped. It just makes us that more determined to beat them the next go-round, if it ever materializes. It's called losing with class. When we win, we WIN with class. And, yes, Kilgore beat us straight up. They played better than us, and deserved to win. That's what it's all about. By the way, Kilgore is still playing, as is every team in our district, and this is Round 3. I don't think anybody over here in Gilmer will lose any sleep if a sore loser wants us to get beat. That comes with the territory.

hollywood
11-26-2013, 07:30 PM
Honest question... How has Gilmer's execution been since the Kilgore game? I know Gilmer executed pourly against Kilgore, I saw it all transpire. How has Gilmer executed since that game. I know the competion has been weak per say and Gilmer has won convincingly.

adoptedbuckeye
11-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Honest question... How has Gilmer's execution been since the Kilgore game? I know Gilmer executed pourly against Kilgore, I saw it all transpire. How has Gilmer executed since that game. I know the competion has been weak per say and Gilmer has won convincingly.

Both games the first quarters were terrible. They played like Junior High kids who didn't know how to tie shoelaces. Then the second quarter rolls around, and they get their heads on straight. There will be no room for that this week.

adoptedbuckeye
11-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Also, I'm not sure if this is correct, but last week may have been our lowest offensive yardage output all year.

hollywood
11-26-2013, 08:15 PM
Both games the first quarters were terrible. They played like Junior High kids who didn't know how to tie shoelaces. Then the second quarter rolls around, and they get their heads on straight. There will be no room for that this week.

Also, I'm not sure if this is correct, but last week may have been our lowest offensive yardage output all year.

Thanks adopted. I know it will take either team executing to the best performance of their season to win this week. A game of this magnitude and of importance in the fact that you only live another week if you win, or go home pondering what could have been. Honestly, it will take tremendous focus from the Gilmer team, coaches and players, to win this week. They have to come out mentally prepared and start out strong and fast. Maybe the last few weeks have been under par because of the possible rematch with Argyle. Or the fact that even though execution hasn't been crisp and sharp, Gilmer still wins convincingly most of the time. We all know that the team that executes, produces offensively and defensively, and commits the fewest mistakes will win. Gilmer has to play the kind of football they know they can play to win. If they come out slow and make just a couple of mistakes, Argyle wins convincingly.

I look for a hard fought instant classic this week! May the best team prevail! I'm pulling for Gilmer!

lostaussie
11-26-2013, 08:23 PM
I firmly believe the Buckeyes have been looking at this one since the brackets came out. Two slow starts in the 1st two rounds I attribute to Gilmer knowing they would not have to play their best game to win. Hopefully the focus is on this week and for the foreseeable future. This one will be a battle of wills, if we don't bring it we will be bouncing Bballs. We will be ready I am confident, we will see how it plays out.

poisoned10
11-26-2013, 08:38 PM
I firmly believe the Buckeyes have been looking at this one since the brackets came out. Two slow starts in the 1st two rounds I attribute to Gilmer knowing they would not have to play their best game to win.

This.

If I were a betting man, I would say Gilmer has been preparing for Argyle since it was decided they would be Div. II.

Going into the game, Argyle will be the favorite. They are unbeaten and have destroyed every team they have faced. Offense is putting up gaudy numbers and defense is smothering. While it is nice for the 2's and 3's to get game time experience, I'm not sure how much that will help when the starters have to play 4 full quarters. I'm sure Argyle will be mentally conditioned to go the full game but will they be physically conditioned? It could give Gilmer a slight edge late in the game since Gilmer is used to typically playing a longer game. Hopefully we will find out this week and Argyle's backups can take the week and rest of the year for that matter, off.

Good luck to Argyle. I know you won't need it but thought I would offer it anyways.

Sent from my iPhone

regaleagle
11-26-2013, 10:09 PM
No worries from Argyle about playing a full 4 quarters with the starters.....we have athletes at every position just chomping at the bits to play a full game and be on the field when the clock strikes 00:00. Most of these Senior starters would love nothing better than to be at their position on the field of battle when the final second ticks off the clock, win or lose. Of course, winning the game is the objective, but the Srs. on this squad have already defeated Gilmer before. Argyle is not intimidated by the Buckeyes, just very respectful of their ability to play as a team. Eleven guys on the field playing as a unit thruout the season...and actually a lot more than eleven with the substitutions and special teams. This season Argyle has much more team unity and chemistry than at any other time I can remember, and we've had some very tight teams that were very good. Just something about this team that seems to me to be very special among the players and the coaches. I think whomever decides to attend this game will see two great teams and two great 3A schools playing some very high level football this Friday nite. Gilmer will bring a large following for this one, as will Argyle....maybe the whole town. Because of the history of this game and because of the caliber of both teams this season....the stadium will be rocking with tons of onlookers as well. This game is well-publicized in the DFW area for high school football junkies....and I'm betting they will show up in droves. Are you ready for some football!!! Well, come Friday nite at Kinkaide you'll get it...full throttle.

Aggie98
11-26-2013, 10:53 PM
This.

If I were a betting man, I would say Gilmer has been preparing for Argyle since it was decided they would be Div. II.

Going into the game, Argyle will be the favorite. They are unbeaten and have destroyed every team they have faced. Offense is putting up gaudy numbers and defense is smothering. While it is nice for the 2's and 3's to get game time experience, I'm not sure how much that will help when the starters have to play 4 full quarters. I'm sure Argyle will be mentally conditioned to go the full game but will they be physically conditioned? It could give Gilmer a slight edge late in the game since Gilmer is used to typically playing a longer game. Hopefully we will find out this week and Argyle's backups can take the week and rest of the year for that matter, off.

Good luck to Argyle. I know you won't need it but thought I would offer it anyways.

Sent from my iPhone

Good points. There is a big difference between playing 4 qtrs and playing 4trs against Gilmer. Their offensive tempo is so fast that it is nearly impossible to make defensive substitutions if they get in a groove and it is very difficult to get the defensive calls signaled in from the sideline in time. Their tempo is as fast as I've ever seen at the high school level.

Ville-D
11-26-2013, 11:01 PM
Oh and I have Argyle by 10. :wave:

hollywood
11-26-2013, 11:04 PM
Good points. There is a big difference between playing 4 qtrs and playing 4trs against Gilmer. Their offensive tempo is so fast that it is nearly impossible to make defensive substitutions if they get in a groove and it is very difficult to get the defensive calls signaled in from the sideline in time. Their tempo is as fast as I've ever seen at the high school level.

Good point Aggie98. The Texas in me says that sometimes, too quick of a tempo gets a team in trouble if they can't execute at that tempo. Just an observation. ;)

adoptedbuckeye
11-26-2013, 11:13 PM

I would say that's our best competitive edge is keeping defenses on their heels. Lots of teams start sucking wind when there's no time in between plays and you have to rush to get set up.

Aguilafanatico
11-26-2013, 11:13 PM

I have faith in the Eagle D. One of the best things about this program is their training regimen. This is a fit team and it all starts during the off-season. Not many "chubby" guys on this team as they run a ton and continue fitness training the entire year. I have not seen Gilmer play so can't comment on their speed of play but it would take a lot to fatigue this group. Take a look at the Eagle D on film and point out the player that doesn't look P90x fit.

Aggie98
11-26-2013, 11:23 PM
I have faith in the Eagle D. One of the best things about this program is their training regimen. This is a fit team and it all starts during the off-season. Not many "chubby" guys on this team as they run a ton and continue fitness training the entire year. I have not seen Gilmer play so can't comment on their speed of play but it would take a lot to fatigue this group. Take a look at the Eagle D on film and point out the player that doesn't look P90x fit.

I have seen a little film of Argyle and they were very impressive. Looked like a Nebraska football team (back when they were good).

Aggie98
11-26-2013, 11:27 PM
Good point Aggie98. The Texas in me says that sometimes, too quick of a tempo gets a team in trouble if they can't execute at that tempo. Just an observation. ;)

True. Going fast results in both teams having more possessions. And if the other team is better than you, then you're just feeding the fire.

regaleagle
11-27-2013, 01:27 AM
Methinks Sadler, Ralston, Wilson, Boyzuick and the others will work fast enough to keep them Buckeyes on D huffing and puffing between snaps. And our O-line will open the lanes just enough for a few breakaways. There's nothing "tricky" about what Argyle does....they just do well with what they do. I reckon the Buckeyes will have a few trick plays up their sleeve, though....just to keep our boyz on their toes, haha.

Pawdaddy
11-27-2013, 03:48 AM
Now I'm convinced....you've got to be a teenager with some of your post. Do your folks know your online? While your at it how many reg season rushing yards did the Gilmo RB put up? See we have some pretty good speed in north Texas too, got some pretty good receivers as well, and a pretty good qb, and a pretty good DL and a pretty good OL, so if we get another stab at Gilmo and the boys don't get shook up and lose control again....Gilmo is in for a surprise poohdaddy. I said pooh, I'm a bad a@@ now!!!!

OK......I have been patient and trying to be nice, but you are out of control. I go to work and look how you act. Go get your mama and put her on here. I need to talk to her about her poohboy.

buckeyebob
11-27-2013, 05:54 AM

Ask Chapel Hill...we set a team record with them this year...97 snaps...it was like a tornado...I have no idea what they had...the pushed us

Bullaholic
11-27-2013, 10:16 AM
Everybody turn on their "fool" filters and please get back to the game discussions. Only 2 days before this one is decided on the field and I am really looking forward to seeing it. Thank you.

Sweetwater Red
11-27-2013, 10:22 AM
Everybody turn on their "fool" filters and please get back to the game discussions. Only 2 days before this one is decided on the field and I am really looking forward to seeing it. Thank you.

:thumbsup:

Aguilafanatico
11-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Ask Chapel Hill...we set a team record with them this year...97 snaps...it was like a tornado...I have no idea what they had...the pushed us

No way Gilmer gets 97 snaps against the Eagles, the Eagle D is simply too good. If the Buckeyes decide to run hurry up in this game, Argyle may get 97 snaps.......lots of really fast 3 and outs. I would think ball control would be the order of the day. Both offenses are dangerous. If it was me, I would try to limit the touches the opposing Offense gets. That said, I scream and rattle shakers in the stand. They don't allow me to devise game plans any more.

Aguilafanatico
11-27-2013, 10:29 AM

You planning to drive to south Dallas Friday evening Bull?

SHSBulldog00
11-27-2013, 10:49 AM
To the 99% of you who are posting positive comments remember

Please Keep it clean.

To those who are not

If the negative comments continue there WILL BE SUSPENSIONS or BANISHMENT.

Bullaholic
11-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Aguila--Yes. I plan on driving down to Dallas for the game Friday. I am bringing several with me. Going to try to get there early---this one is shaping up to look a lot like 92' Vernon-Southlake at Pennington.

regaleagle
11-27-2013, 11:35 AM
Yes....I think it's totally ridiculous that this thread had to be removed from what is most probably THE biggest game of the year in 3A to date because of a few posters that aired some thoughts and opinions that were not appropriate. Basically....it ruined this thread for the rest of us and I for one am upset about it. I want all viewers and posters to know I do not appreciate spending my time on here and sharing my thoughts with others about this game and the Argyle team for a whole season to get to this point in the season and have all that was posted on here about this huge game removed and expunged. You do not deserve my further time or patronage to your site. I've better things to do with my time if I and others like me are to be treated in this way for the misstatements of others. Learn to delete what needs to be deleted and leave the rest of the thread alone. You have no right deleting the whole thread. Don't you understand that doing this only encourages certain posters to totally destroy an entire thread if they choose to??? Just forget it....obviously your understanding and foresight on how to maintain a sense of control of this board is beyond your capabilities.

Aguilafanatico
11-27-2013, 11:36 AM
Well, the teacher has come in and taken away our blocks because someone threw one and someone got hit in the eye. Now all we have left are coloring books. Let's not throw the crayons please!!!

hollywood
11-27-2013, 11:52 AM
I agree. Don't let one poster ruin what is going to be a great game.

3Adownlown has a reputation of being a commendable sports forum with focus being on 3A sports!

I picked Argyle in my bracket and the poll but pulling for Gilmer as the underdog! Maybe sentimental, I don't care. I think they can win but they will have to play their best game of the season. I know what a team is capable of doing if the athletes are there and execution is better than everyone else's they play... This discribes Argyle... And another team I will not mention. ;)

May the best team prevail this week!

regaleagle
11-27-2013, 11:57 AM
I meant what I wrote. I'm not smiling, and I'm not in agreement with the way the board handled the undermining (or hijacking) of this thread. All is not right in the state of affairs with posters and viewers like me for this end result. It is the right of those that own this site to do what they deem best for the good of the site....just as it is my right to voice my disapproval of the way in which control of what is posted on any particular thread is maintained (or not maintained) to the point of totally destroying an entire thread.

waterboy
11-27-2013, 11:57 AM
I just want you Argyle fans to know that I appreciate what y'all say, and I, along with all the Buckeye fans, respect what y'all have done with your program. We are looking forward to meeting up with y'all again on the gridiron of glory! May the best team win! Win or lose, it will be with class by both programs and fan bases. Until then, I'm done...

Deuce
11-27-2013, 11:59 AM
The more I think about this game, I think it will come down to the last possession. I read somewhere that Gilmer has a little speed. Also read that Argyle has a couple of kids with speed but executes very well. In the end, I think Argyle's superstar kicker will win this one on a last second field goal! Good luck to both teams and these young men!

hollywood
11-27-2013, 12:02 PM
I meant what I wrote. I'm not smiling, and I'm not in agreement with the way the board handled the undermining (or hijacking) of this thread. All is not right in the state of affairs with posters and viewers like me for this end result. It is the right of those that own this site to do what they deem best for the good of the site....just as it is my right to voice my disapproval of the way in which control of what is posted on any particular thread is maintained (or not maintained) to the point of totally destroying an entire thread.

Regal, I agree 100%. And I didn't mean deleting am entire thread is the way to handle a rouge poster. Delete the dirogitory messages, warn the poster, and lay out the consequences for another violation. To delete an entire thread that had awesome material, is reckless.

hollywood
11-27-2013, 12:07 PM
The more I think about this game, I think it will come down to the last possession. I read somewhere that Gilmer has a little speed. Also read that Argyle has a couple of kids with speed but executes very well. In the end, I think Argyle's superstar kicker will win this one on a last second field goal! Good luck to both teams and these young men!

I think Argyle wins by 10+. That's my gut. I've only seen Gilmer so I cannot comment on Argyle in a live game. Have seen video and dicifered what I've been able to read... Argyle has the OL/DL, skill players, special teams and speed of execution and descipline to win. I think they are the team that has progressed the most since last season. Gilmer will have to get it all together this game! Can it happen for Gilmer, absolutely!

Slick50
11-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Don't really care who wins, if Graham keeps winning, they will have their hands full either way. Wish I could make it to this one though, it should be a barn burner!

adoptedbuckeye
11-27-2013, 12:11 PM
I think Argyle wins by 10+. That's my gut. I've only seen Gilmer so I cannot comment on Argyle in a live game. Have seen video and dicifered what I've been able to read... Argyle has the OL/DL, skill players, special teams and speed of execution and descipline to win. I think they are the team that has progressed the most since last season. Gilmer will have to get it all together this game! Can it happen for Gilmer, absolutely!

I honestly won't be surprised if you are correct. I just would hate for Gilmer to leave so much out there to speculation; us fans have very high expectations because we have seen how they CAN play. And how good they CAN be. But snippets of greatness aren't enough, it will have to be 4 full quarters of great football to beat Argyle.

Deuce
11-27-2013, 12:13 PM

Gilmer will be up by 2 with 3 seconds left when Argyle lines up for a 52 yard field goal. He will nail it when time expires!

hollywood
11-27-2013, 12:21 PM
I honestly won't be surprised if you are correct. I just would hate for Gilmer to leave so much out there to speculation; us fans have very high expectations because we have seen how they CAN play. And how good they CAN be. But snippets of greatness aren't enough, it will have to be 4 full quarters of great football to beat Argyle.

adotptedbuckeye, I know that you know that I know that you know what I mean. I think anyone who has watched Gilmer play ;), including the most committed fans like yourself, buckeyebob and company know the potential this team has! Amazing athletism and talent. But we all know that this alone doesn't win football games against very good teams and even more so, championships. Execution, execution, execution! I hope Gilmer can do it, I truly do!

regaleagle
11-27-2013, 12:26 PM
What is done is done. Hopefully those in control of this site will learn from this debacle that there are better ways to solve a problem than the way in which this one was. It is not my desire to undermine all that is positive and good on this site for those of us that love Texas High School football, esp. in the 3A classification.

Aggie98
11-27-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm torn as to whether to slide over and catch this game after ours or stay in Forney and watch CHill/Decatur. I'm starting to lean toward this one.

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2013, 12:41 PM
What is done is done. Hopefully those in control of this site will learn from this debacle that there are better ways to solve a problem than the way in which this one was. It is not my desire to undermine all that is positive and good on this site for those of us that love Texas High School football, esp. in the 3A classification.

I have taken care of it. I was out (gasp) Christmas shopping or would have earlier.

bearbear78
11-27-2013, 12:45 PM
OK......I have been patient and trying to be nice, but you are out of control. I go to work and look how you act. Go get your mama and put her on here. I need to talk to her about her poohboy.
Lol. Even more pathetic than your previous post..if your going to attempt trash talk Marty Huggins....get some lessons.

Old Tiger
11-27-2013, 12:46 PM
I have taken care of it. I was out (gasp) Christmas shopping or would have earlier.

3adownlow > your personal life.

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2013, 12:58 PM
3adownlow > your personal life.

Maybe, but saving $150.00 beats both. :p

panfan
11-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Execution, execution, execution. I watched highlights of last years game and it didn't take me long to recognize all of the uncharacteristic errors committed by Argyle. You could say that they were the result of Gilmer but from I could see most were unforced. Fumbles, interceptions with little pressure, bad snaps. That is when the game got away from Argyle. Heck, Argyle scored the first TD on an error (fumble) by Gilmer. It sounds like a cliche but the team that eliminates mistakes and executes will win. There is talent all over the field for both sides and you will pay if you turn the ball over or miss an assignment. Just the way it is.

Execution kills

Sweetwater Red
11-27-2013, 01:10 PM
Maybe, but saving $150.00 beats both. :p

Did you switch to Geico? :thinking: :D

panfan
11-27-2013, 01:11 PM
Dang what did I miss? Who is gonna summarize?

panfan
11-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Did you switch to Geico? :thinking: :D
C'Mon red, that's 15%, ahs talkin serious coinage here

waterboy
11-27-2013, 01:24 PM

Thank you! Now..., back to the game...

I know we will definitely have to play better than we have been the last three weeks in order to win this one. If we make mistakes, and execute poorly, Argyle will have a field day. I think the Buckeyes have been looking ahead just a little too much once the brackets came out. At least that what I'm hoping. If we can limit mistakes and execute our game plan, I have NO doubt we can win. GO BUCKEYES!

hollywood
11-27-2013, 01:24 PM

Beautiful. Thanks LH Panther Mom!

hollywood
11-27-2013, 01:27 PM
Dang what did I miss? Who is gonna summarize?

No need to... now move along little kitten. ;)

movethechain
11-27-2013, 01:54 PM

Of mice and Men, the mice were at play while the Cat was away. Thanks Panther Mom!

ValleyCat
11-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Gilmer over Argyle....35-27.

Argyle has Ralston...not to say they're a one man show.

Gilmer has overall team speed.

Could we see a Gilmer/Gladewater district rematch for the Regional title?

adoptedbuckeye
11-27-2013, 02:07 PM

I hope we do!

waterboy
11-27-2013, 02:53 PM

I certainly hope so! And believe it or not, the odds of that happening are not that long.

Aguilafanatico
11-27-2013, 03:20 PM

Nope.

Pawdaddy
11-27-2013, 03:23 PM

I can see this happening. Gladewater has moved their 310 lb. nose tackle to tailback. TAILBACK! He broke a 67 yard TD run last week. 67 YARDS! He had only ran the ball 13 times before that game. The Bears today are not the Bears from the regular season.

Oh, and thanks LHM. It can get back to fun now.

Bullaholic
11-27-2013, 03:24 PM
I hope it goes 4OT's because I am going.....:D

Sville
11-27-2013, 03:25 PM
My prediction is 42-21 Argyle. Close game at half with Argyle pulling away when Gilmer starts to press and makes some mistakes.

firstdown
11-27-2013, 03:58 PM
My prediction is 42-21 Argyle. Close game at half with Argyle pulling away when Gilmer starts to press and makes some mistakes.

I like this

Pawdaddy
11-27-2013, 04:06 PM
I said early on that it could very well come down to who has the ball last. If both teams can limit the turnovers and drive killing penalties, this game will mirror the Gilmer/Cuero game a few years ago. I stick to a one score game and it could go either way. I have Gilmer at the top of my bracket, so I will say the Buckeyes score late to win it!

Bullaholic
11-27-2013, 04:15 PM
Based on what I have read in the team histories, I think that the team that rushes for the most yards and sustains the most drives wins this one. If there are very many big gainers passing then of course my prediction goes right out the window....:D

#1 TEXAN
11-27-2013, 05:00 PM
I read argyle is missing both starting MLBs is this true argyle fans?

Eagle Nation
11-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Yes, one in wk 5 and the other in wk 9

regaleagle
11-27-2013, 06:45 PM
Tanner Barr is a seasoned operator at the helm for the Gilmer offense. He's been running that show for about what....3 years now? I still say he is the key to Argyle's success in shutting down the Buckeye offense on some of their possessions. I know they have Josh Walker, and Chase Tate, and Kris Boyd, and Dixon, and Lewis, and Jaidon Parrish, and Demarco Boyd, and Jackson, and Fluellen....etc. etc. etc. These are all good quality players in their own right. Just so happens Argyle has a long list of high quality players as well to match the Gilmer group. I don't think Gilmer or Argyle can be shut down on offense, but whichever team's defense does the best job of slowing down the other's offense will be the determining factor in this game. And btw, I think that favors Argyle. It will be interesting to see how many sacks and losses the Argyle D can get on the Buckeyes offense. I have no doubt Gilmer will break some big plays on offense. I also have no doubt Argyle will cause some Gilmer turnovers to happen. Short fields are game-changing events, esp. in a game of this magnitude. Gilmer's offense is very balanced, so it will be up to the Eagle D Coordinator to upset that balance....to take Gilmer out of its comfort zone in its playcalling and gameplan. That's when we'll see how the Buckeyes offense responds to the Eagle D. It may not happen right away, but it will happen. The Argyle D is the key to this game. If they can put the Gilmer O under pressure....something's gonna give.

regaleagle
11-27-2013, 07:37 PM
Well, I just read on the Smoaky thread that Tanner Barr has been under center only since last season and that his soph season he made all-state at safety. This guy sounds like a real athletic type to me. I've seen him operate the O for Gilmer....he's very good. If I'm an Argyle fan....which I am btw....I'm saying "get that guy". I mean that in a football sense....stop him, hit him, tackle him, disrupt his confidence level any way you can on every play you can. In other words....put lots of pressure on Tanner Barr whether he's passing it, running it, or handing it off. He's Gilmer's leader of the offense...and they depend on him greatly. Argyle is multifaceted with its signal callers...it will be difficult to do the same thing against the Eagles. In fact, Argyle has at least 3 players that will take the snap throughout the course of the game....just to keep the opposition off-balance.

hollywood
11-27-2013, 07:46 PM
Tanner Barr is a stud. He's very mobile and capable of extending plays. Has a good arm. When pressured, he doesn't get rattled much. Good QB. It's the OL and DL of Gilmer that will have to play their best game of the year. Gilmer's success will hinge on the battle in the trenches. If Demarco Boyd is back in the lineup on the DL, Gilmer is that much stronger.

regaleagle
11-27-2013, 07:55 PM
Question about the refs: How are the refs selected for each playoff game and what kind of experience level is used in big games? Another question about refs that I'm curious about is whether they meet before the game to go over possible rulings if they happen and how tight they are generally going to call the penalties...esp. the judgement calls.

Aggie98
11-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Well, I just read on the Smoaky thread that Tanner Barr has been under center only since last season and that his soph season he made all-state at safety. This guy sounds like a real athletic type to me. I've seen him operate the O for Gilmer....he's very good. If I'm an Argyle fan....which I am btw....I'm saying "get that guy". I mean that in a football sense....stop him, hit him, tackle him, disrupt his confidence level any way you can on every play you can. In other words....put lots of pressure on Tanner Barr whether he's passing it, running it, or handing it off. He's Gilmer's leader of the offense...and they depend on him greatly. Argyle is multifaceted with its signal callers...it will be difficult to do the same thing against the Eagles. In fact, Argyle has at least 3 players that will take the snap throughout the course of the game....just to keep the opposition off-balance.

Barr also caught both a TD AND A 2-pt conversion against Kilgore.

regaleagle
11-27-2013, 08:07 PM
Barr also caught both a TD AND A 2-pt conversion against Kilgore.

Thanks for the info. If they used it against Kilgore successfully, then they'll try a similar play against Argyle. Was it Chase Tate at qb, or one of the rb's on a throw back?

adoptedbuckeye
11-27-2013, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the info. If they used it against Kilgore successfully, then they'll try a similar play against Argyle. Was it Chase Tate at qb, or one of the rb's on a throw back?
Chase Tate threw one of them as a double pass throw back

adoptedbuckeye
11-27-2013, 08:12 PM

I would be surprised if we see that play again Friday. On the 2 pt conversion Tanner took a massive hit after the catch in the endzone and I thought for sure he was done

Aggie98
11-27-2013, 08:16 PM

Tate threw one and Parrish threw the other. They also had a Tate to Pollard halfback pass for a TD.

Aggie98
11-27-2013, 08:18 PM
I would be surprised if we see that play again Friday. On the 2 pt conversion Tanner took a massive hit after the catch in the endzone and I thought for sure he was done

One of those catches was amazing. All I could do was SMH.

adoptedbuckeye
11-27-2013, 08:20 PM
One of those catches was amazing. All I could do was SMH.

Yeah I couldn't believe we did it the second time. Kilgore's defender was just a bit too late getting there or it would have been broken up.

hollywood
11-27-2013, 08:22 PM
There were several catches in the Gilmer/Kilgore game that were phenomenal. Kilgore WR caught a deflected tip from a Gilmer DB that I thought was a certain INT. SMH

adoptedbuckeye
11-27-2013, 08:23 PM
There were several catches in the Gilmer/Kilgore game that were phenomenal. Kilgore WR caught a deflected tip from a Gilmer DB that I thought was a certain INT. SMH

That was a heartbreaker for me. lol I know you saw me hit the floor (literally) when the Kilgore guy caught it

regaleagle
11-27-2013, 08:36 PM

I don't. They'll try it because they feel they need to keep the Argyle D off-balance and this kind of philosophy will help keep the Eagle D at bay. In fact, I think they will try these kind of plays early in the game for a two-fold effect. One....to catch the Argyle D off balance for a big play, possibly even a scoring play. And two....to keep them aware of the possibility of this kind of play the rest of the game....keeping the Eagle D at bay, so to speak. I'm almost certain we will see one of these types of plays called in the first half, or possibly in the first quarter.

hollywood
11-27-2013, 08:37 PM
That was a heartbreaker for me. lol I know you saw me hit the floor (literally) when the Kilgore guy caught it

LOL... Don't worry, I just about did too! You almost knocked me down! :D

The Kilgore receiver was falling backwards and the ball fell right on his chest. SMH

movethechain
11-27-2013, 08:41 PM

Sadly, that is the 2nd time we have worked that play to perfection. Dixon did the honors in the Kilgore game and Boyd IIRC did it in the Chapel Hill game. Practically hand the ball to the receiver rather than just bat it away. Argyle will feast on plays like that if the wrong Buckeye squad shows up Friday. On the other hand, maybe, eventually, we will get an int. on plays like that.

Aggie98
11-27-2013, 08:44 PM
LOL... Don't worry, I just about did too! You almost knocked me down! :D

The Kilgore receiver was falling backwards and the ball fell right on his chest. SMH

That was a RB (JuJu) on a rail route. That's the only time we've run that play all year and I think JuJu only has 2 catches this season, lol.

adoptedbuckeye
11-27-2013, 09:02 PM
I don't. They'll try it because they feel they need to keep the Argyle D off-balance and this kind of philosophy will help keep the Eagle D at bay. In fact, I think they will try these kind of plays early in the game for a two-fold effect. One....to catch the Argyle D off balance for a big play, possibly even a scoring play. And two....to keep them aware of the possibility of this kind of play the rest of the game....keeping the Eagle D at bay, so to speak. I'm almost certain we will see one of these types of plays called in the first half, or possibly in the first quarter.

These are good reasons and very well may happen. I would personally like to see Gilmer take a more vertical approach to this game than the Kilgore game. More downfield passes, zone reads and less behind the line misdirection until it is needed.

hollywood
11-27-2013, 09:05 PM
That was a RB (JuJu) on a rail route. That's the only time we've run that play all year and I think JuJu only has 2 catches this season, lol.

A little luck but a lot of athletism to catch that ball! Took lots of focus for sure. I think that was a 3rd and long play of I remember right.

hollywood
11-27-2013, 09:06 PM
These are good reasons and very well may happen. I would personally like to see Gilmer take a more vertical approach to this game than the Kilgore game. More downfield passes, zone reads and less behind the line misdirection until it is needed.

I think that's where Gilmer can hurt Argyle. Play vertical! They have the athletes. Gilmer will struggle against Argyle's defensive if not.

Aggie98
11-27-2013, 09:26 PM
I can almost guarantee you that Argyle will play 2 high safeties to take away the vertical passing game. Which leaves two options..... pound the rock between the tackles with Jackson and Lewis to suck those safeties into the box, or attack the perimeter with sweeps, hitches, screens, to Boyd, Tate, etc. Or a little bit of both. Heck, I think I'm going to drive over to watch this one to see how it plays out.

hollywood
11-27-2013, 09:59 PM
I can almost guarantee you that Argyle will play 2 high safeties to take away the vertical passing game. Which leaves two options..... pound the rock between the tackles with Jackson and Lewis to suck those safeties into the box, or attack the perimeter with sweeps, hitches, screens, to Boyd, Tate, etc. Or a little bit of both. Heck, I think I'm going to drive over to watch this one to see how it plays out.

LOL... Talking yourself into it by the day huh? That was me for the Kilgore/Gilmer game. ;)

adoptedbuckeye
11-27-2013, 10:03 PM

Come on over! I expect a great game!

ValleyCat
11-27-2013, 10:55 PM
I can see this happening. Gladewater has moved their 310 lb. nose tackle to tailback. TAILBACK! He broke a 67 yard TD run last week. 67 YARDS! He had only ran the ball 13 times before that game. The Bears today are not the Bears from the regular season.

Oh, and thanks LHM. It can get back to fun now.

Well, some HS somewhere had a 400lb RB, so it's not shocking at all. A 67 yd TD? Now that's impressive.

footballgal
11-27-2013, 11:30 PM
Well, some HS somewhere had a 400lb RB, so it's not shocking at all. A 67 yd TD? Now that's impressive.

This kid? http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/28/ype9ane3.jpg

hollywood
11-27-2013, 11:48 PM
This kid? http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/28/ype9ane3.jpg

LOL... Now that is sick. Look how tiny those defenders are though. All a defender would have to do was take the ball out of his hands. He's too big to tuck it.

regaleagle
11-28-2013, 02:46 AM
One good pop from our MLB and this guy is toast for the rest of the game....I promise you, LOL.

bobcat1
11-28-2013, 07:41 AM
LOL... Now that is sick. Look how tiny those defenders are though. All a defender would have to do was take the ball out of his hands. He's too big to tuck it.
Yeah, he could hide it under one of those rolls though. I know I could. :wave:

buckeyebob
11-28-2013, 08:03 AM
Tanner Barr is a stud. He's very mobile and capable of extending plays. Has a good arm. When pressured, he doesn't get rattled much. Good QB. It's the OL and DL of Gilmer that will have to play their best game of the year. Gilmer's success will hinge on the battle in the trenches. If Demarco Boyd is back in the lineup on the DL, Gilmer is that much stronger.

Not sure he will...maybe next week

buckeyebob
11-28-2013, 08:05 AM

We had the same thing happen several times this year...never for our benefit

Pawdaddy
11-28-2013, 11:21 AM

I wish I had the picture of Gladewater's guy that was in the Longview paper last week. He was moving and had 3 or 4 defenders hanging on him and still upright and driving. He looked quite different than that 400 lber. I wonder where they found a uniform big enough for that guy!! Looks like it would take twice the material than what was used on the 2 guys trying to tackle him!:)

movethechain
11-28-2013, 11:55 AM
I wish I had the picture of Gladewater's guy that was in the Longview paper last week. He was moving and had 3 or 4 defenders hanging on him and still upright and driving. He looked quite different than that 400 lber. I wonder where they found a uniform big enough for that guy!! Looks like it would take twice the material than what was used on the 2 guys trying to tackle him!:)

Here is the article link: http://www.news-journal.com/etvarsity/high_school/et-football-playoffs-mack-carries-gladewater-past-rabbits/article_8b95c1d2-53fd-11e3-880b-001a4bcf887a.html

There are a couple pictures of him carrying the rock.

poisoned10
11-28-2013, 02:36 PM

This is exactly what happened last year, except the other way around.

Gilmer turned the ball over on our 2nd or 3rd play from scrimmage and Argyle scored on the next play to give them a 7-0 lead less than 1 minute into the game. Gilmer then took a 14-7 lead into halftime. Argyle scored a late TD with less than 1 minute left in the 4th to give the final score of 42-21, Gilmer.

The reason Argyle wins is work ethic. I think Argyle works as hard as any team in the state off season. That's the exact same reason Stephenville plays above its head. It's just pure hard work. I know all teams work HARD but it's not the same. Trust me on that one. The boys live 24/7 football and it's all year long deal

regaleagle
11-28-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm hoping for the most complete game of the season so far by the Argyle Eagles tomorrow nite. That most probably will happen since the starters have yet to play in the 4th quarter in any game this season. What's really crazy is that the Eagle fanbase doesn't really know what to expect of this team because of that. Just how good is this team anyway? Every single game has been decided by halftime, with only additional points being scored by the Eagles after that. Any other points scored by the opposition was done only after the game was well in hand and scored against the backups. Just about every single game where the starters did play in the 3rd quarter, the Eagles scored right away and then scored again. I'm not saying this will happen again this week....I'm just saying the Eagle fanbase really doesn't know what the full capabilities of this team are. Nobody knows....not the coaches or the players. I guess we will find out tomorrow nite, huh?

I'm hoping for the most complete game of the season so far by the Argyle Eagles tomorrow nite. That most probably will happen since the starters have yet to play in the 4th quarter in any game this season. What's really crazy is that the Eagle fanbase doesn't really know what to expect of this team because of that. Just how good is this team anyway? Every single game has been decided by halftime, with only additional points being scored by the Eagles after that. Any other points scored by the opposition was done only after the game was well in hand and scored against the backups. Just about every single game where the starters did play in the 3rd quarter, the Eagles scored right away and then scored again. I'm not saying this will happen again this week....I'm just saying the Eagle fanbase really doesn't know what the full capabilities of this team are. Nobody knows....not the coaches or the players. I guess we will find out tomorrow nite, huh?.

It's going to be ugly Argyle rolls all over this game. 21 points or better. The boys don't make mistakes and will take your head off.

Buckeye1980
11-28-2013, 09:56 PM
You think Gilmer does not work hard in the off season?

The reason Argyle wins is work ethic. I think Argyle works as hard as any team in the state off season. That's the exact same reason Stephenville plays above its head. It's just pure hard work. I know all teams work HARD but it's not the same. Trust me on that one. The boys live 24/7 football and it's all year long deal

regaleagle
11-28-2013, 10:25 PM
Hey Buckeye1980, at some point your will have to change the prices of your ticket, hot dog, coke, and popcorn, haha. I think the winning tradition can stay for a little bit longer. Winning traditions are always priceless, regardless of the dollar value.

Dawgs
11-29-2013, 05:45 AM

I've heard Gilmer pretty much sits around and plays kickball in offseason :crazy:.

Pawdaddy
11-29-2013, 07:56 AM
OK! A little over 11 hours to kickoff! Talk fell off the cliff yesterday but I know everyone is pumped and ready. Turkey day is now in the books and the biggest game of the year kickoff just after sundown. Everyone be careful in your travels and meke this a game to remember in the stands as well as on the field. It was pretty cool at the Gilmer/Kilgore game with the respective fans cheering down each other back and forth. Made for an electric start! This one should have the same feel. GO GET'EM BUCKEYES!!

Deuce
11-29-2013, 09:39 AM
I think I am going to make this one! The question is, whose side should I sit on? Who is home? Are the bleachers any different on the home or visitor side?

Eagle Nation
11-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Gilmer is the home team

hollywood
11-29-2013, 10:32 AM
I think I am going to make this one! The question is, whose side should I sit on? Who is home? Are the bleachers any different on the home or visitor side?

Home side is pretty dang nice! 2 levels.

Brownwood packed the home side against Carthage in 2010. Matter of fact, the entire stadium was pretty much packed. Very loud crowds on both sides that night.

I'm sure it'll be the same tonight!

eaglesfan34
11-29-2013, 11:42 AM
Argyle vs. Gilmer. 6pm start. Listen live, 5:30pm pregame, at Sportsgram.net Channel 9 (http://www.meridix.com/everywhere.php?liveid=Sportsgram9)

adoptedbuckeye
11-29-2013, 12:37 PM
I expect the entire stadium to be packed out tonight. However, last year's Argyle crowd was lighter than I expected. Of course that has no bearing on this year, I just remember they had a lot less people there than I thought they would.

poisoned10
11-29-2013, 12:55 PM
I'm just a measly ole fan and I'm so amped up right now I feel like I could run through a brick wall. I can only imagine how the players feel right now.

Sent from my iPhone

regaleagle
11-29-2013, 01:39 PM
I expect the entire stadium to be packed out tonight. However, last year's Argyle crowd was lighter than I expected. Of course that has no bearing on this year, I just remember they had a lot less people there than I thought they would.

Argyle is only 3500 population, and really doesn't have the fanbase that Gimer does, or an East Texas contingent that follows them in the playoffs. I'm sure what you saw was a pretty fair following of the Argyle fanbase. Most onlookers usually sit on the home side of a larger stadium if they are neutral fans. Kincaide is said to seat approx. 12,500... much much larger than Argyle's 3500 seating capacity of its stadium. I suspect there will be many high school football junkies attending this one tonite, though. It is possible that this stadium could be close to filled tonite. It should be an atmosphere of a State Championship game in Dallas tonite....so get there early to get a good seat.

Dawgkillr
11-29-2013, 03:22 PM
I woul love to be at this game. I'm sure it will definitely live up to all the hype!

adoptedbuckeye
11-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Let me tell you I-20 is packed right now with Gilmer and Chapel Hill people all headed to the city.

regaleagle
11-29-2013, 03:40 PM
For some reason the voters on this poll voted by a 2-1 margin in favor of an Argyle win tonite. DMN Sportsday columnist Corbett Smith has picked Gilmer 45-42. Greg Tepper of DCTF is picking Argyle. I believe if Gilmer would have won that Kilgore game, they would be the odds on favorite even in this poll to win it tonite. In my mind, this game is a puredee toss-up. The team that makes the least mistakes will win it.....it will be that close. This is a definitely a pick-em game. Who do you like? Gilmer has all the tradition, the history, and that East Texas DOD speed at every position. Argyle has just played a brand of football this season that is overpowering every opponent it has faced. But Argyle will be tested tonite in this very, very good Gilmer squad. Tanner Barr is the X-factor not only for Gilmer, but for Argyle too. How Argyle contains and pressures him...and how he responds....will be the key to Gilmer's success or failure tonite.......and to Argyle's. If Argyle can disrupt the Gilmer attack, Argyle will outscore Gilmer and win. If Tanner Barr has a great game tonite, Argyle will have a difficult time keeping pace. That's the way I see this game. If Argyle and Gilmer both play their best game of the year, your guess is as good as mine.

adoptedbuckeye
11-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Agreed. I'm looking to be impressed tonight by both teams. If Argyle lives up to their reputation Gilmer will have their hands full protecting Tanner. I can't even begin to throw a prediction out there, I just hope it's a great one!

Aguilafanatico
11-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Agreed. I am as amped up as the players are. This should be one hell of a game. No excuses from either side. There is no shame for either team in getting beat by the other. Both teams and backers are lucky to have each other to create this amazing rivalry.

GO EAGLES!!!!

adoptedbuckeye
11-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Good grief I'm glad we got home side. all these rabid Buckeye fans have the reserved section almost full. Argyle loks like their fans will do it the smart way and get here at a reasonable time haha

83Indian
11-29-2013, 06:44 PM
This game is a toss up. Whomever wins the turn over battle will win. I'll go 42 to 35 Argyle.

bobcat1
11-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Sounds like a good test for both teams. 24-21 Argyle over Gilmer at the half. Who wants it more?

poisoned10
11-29-2013, 08:19 PM
Sounds like a good test for both teams. 24-21 Argyle over Gilmer at the half. Who wants it more?

Been a hell of a game so far.

Gilmer threw a quick jab and Argyle countered with 3 TDs. Then Gilmer got back up to tie it at 21 right before halftime. Then Mr. Automatic nailed one from about 42-yards to give Argyle the slight edge going into halftime.

This game could be a 2-3 TD lead for either team right now. Both teams have turned the ball over a couple of times.

Argyle is playing very tough defense. They have been playing man and jamming our receivers with a safety over the top. The other safety has been playing on the line and preventing us from running to the outside. Our WRs have done a good job of getting open but our QB has over thrown some deep passed and WRs have dropped several more.

It's still very much a toss up. Gilmer has been strong in the 3rd quarter for most of the year and this is when Argyle's starters are usually untying their cleats. Hopefully that will play into Gilmer's favor again tonight.

GO BUCKEYES!

Sent from my iPhone

poisoned10
11-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Can someone on the Argyle side please take a picture of the home side of the stands?

I would love to see what we look like over here.

Sent from my iPhone

Get the basketball out Gilmos. Your football is over as in no more. History enjoy the drive back down 1-20 don't get a SPEED KILLS ticket going through Canton. Great win Argyle you guys are the best team in D2.

83Indian
11-29-2013, 09:52 PM
Great win Argyle. Tough loss Gilmer. Was great listening to this one.

adoptedbuckeye
11-29-2013, 09:53 PM
I usually stand behind Traylor's decisions but the onside with almost 5 minutes left was the worst call I have ever seen. We should have kicked the ball deep and put it on the defense to stop them. Oh well it's done and the better team won tonight. Well done Argyle Eagles y'all earned that one. Now go on and win it all.

Sville
11-29-2013, 09:58 PM
Congratulations Argyle on beating a damn good football team.

Congratulations Gilmer on a fine season, no shame in going out to a team like Argyle.

I usually stand behind Traylor's decisions but the onside with almost 5 minutes left was the worst call I have ever seen. We should have kicked the ball deep and put it on the defense to stop them. Oh well it's done and the better team won tonight. Well done Argyle Eagles y'all earned that one. Now go on and win it all.

They will win it all. And I told you that coach Traylor is a poor decision maker as proven tonight and against Kilgore. I'm sure you will say you like him and that's good cause you can have him.

Sville
11-29-2013, 10:07 PM
They will win it all. And I told you that coach Traylor is a poor decision maker as proven tonight and against Kilgore. I'm sure you will say you like him and that's good cause you can have him.

Wow :dispntd::dispntd:

regaleagle
11-29-2013, 10:08 PM
That game took a little less than 3 hrs to play from start to finish, including halftime and timeouts. I'd like to see the stats on this one. Congrats to Gilmer for a great season and a great effort tonite in trying to depose this great Argyle team. Argyle coaches and players deserve much credit for winning this one without their two great LB's out for the season with injuries. Not very many teams could overcome that kind of obstacle at this level of play, esp. against a team like the Gilmer Buckeyes. Gilmer has nothing to hang their heads about in this loss....they played a good game against a very tough and talented Argyle team that has given up very few points all year(the starters, at least). Argyle lives to advance another week.

ccmom
11-29-2013, 10:14 PM
What bothers me about "Ville" is that his screen name is so close to "Sville" and "Ville D" and some other posters from Stephenville that actually do have some class and perspective. I'd hate for people to get them confused. Everybody here enjoys some smack talk, but geez...this kinda poster gives good towns a bad name.

Anyway...I listened to this game and it didn't disappoint. Congrats to Argyle and good luck moving forward.

Gilmer congrats on yet another impressive season.

poisoned10
11-29-2013, 10:15 PM
Congrats Argyle. You have a fine team that can flat out play. Obviously I wish it would have turned out differently but there is no shame in losing to a team that has the talent you guys have.

Congrats again. If Gladewater doesn't win tomorrow then you guys are my next team to be pulling for.

Sent from my iPhone

poisoned10
11-29-2013, 10:23 PM
What bothers me about "Ville" is that his screen name is so close to "Sville" and "Ville D" and some other posters from Stephenville that actually do have some class and perspective. Everybody here enjoys some smack talk, but geez...this kinda poster gives good towns a bad name.

Yes. It is a shame he/she is a fan of the same game that I love.

I don't care if everyone thinks every decision he has ever made was terrible, he is a fantastic coach who knows what he is doing. His record speaks for itself. It's nothing new. After every loss someone tries to call him out on this or that. Unfortunately, some of those people are the same people that back him after all of the wins.

I have no problem keeping Jeff as long as he wants to stay.

Sent from my iPhone

adoptedbuckeye
11-29-2013, 10:30 PM
Yes. It is a shame he/she is a fan of the same game that I love.

I don't care if everyone thinks every decision he has ever made was terrible, he is a fantastic coach who knows what he is doing. His record speaks for itself. It's nothing new. After every loss someone tries to call him out on this or that. Unfortunately, some of those people are the same people that back him after all of the wins.

I have no problem keeping Jeff as long as he wants to stay.

Sent from my iPhone

Neither do I. I just meant I didn't agree with THAT particular decision but it's done and I will be the first to say I love Traylor and don't want him to go anywhere.

Aguilafanatico
Wow. What a game. I'm exhausted. Gilmer is a great team and it took everything Argyle had to pull this one out. A classic game.

bearbear78
Way to be Argyle...Hope to meet you guys soon for a good game of football!!!

bobcat1
11-29-2013, 10:32 PM

Look up the word Idiot and you might find the name Ville. You're a classless jackass dude.

Congrats to Argyle on a hard fought victory over a well coached talented team. It is a shame but this game probably decided your D2 State Champion. Well done Argyle. Congrats Gilmer on a fantastic season.

poisoned10
11-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Wow. What a game. I'm exhausted. Gilmer is a great team and it took everything Argyle had to pull this one out. A classic game.

I am too. I stood the whole game and my throat and head hurts from yelling so much.

Sent from my iPhone

BullBoy
11-29-2013, 10:34 PM
what were Ian Sadlers final stats for the game? Heard his name quite a bit listening to the game.

defense51
11-29-2013, 10:49 PM

Another classless post by Ville...

bearbear78
11-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Look up the word Idiot and you might find the name Ville. You're a classless jackass dude.

Congrats to Argyle on a hard fought victory over a well coached talented team. It is a shame but this game probably decided your D2 State Champion. Well done Argyle. Congrats Gilmer on a fantastic season.
There are still some teams in the playoffs that are playing good football and there are also some games left to play.

hollywood
11-29-2013, 10:59 PM
Congrats Argyle on the win! Gilmer, great season. I was pulling for you guys as the underdogs because I know this years team had a lot to prove. It's a tough loss. Gilmer will have another great team next season.

I was able to pick up this game in the second half on the way back from Abilene. Argyle's play by play guys are pretty good. Enjoyed listening to them. Gave a good visual.

Argyle will be a tough out. I'm thinking a Graham/Argyle match up is looming in the next couple of weeks for the semi's. Another fine match up that will be!

refereedoc
11-29-2013, 11:02 PM
Congratulations to 2 great programs, what a game it must have been to witness.

Cam
11-29-2013, 11:10 PM
What bothers me about "Ville" is that his screen name is so close to "Sville" and "Ville D" and some other posters from Stephenville that actually do have some class and perspective. I'd hate for people to get them confused. Everybody here enjoys some smack talk, but geez...this kinda poster gives good towns a bad name.

Anyway...I listened to this game and it didn't disappoint. Congrats to Argyle and good luck moving forward.

Gilmer congrats on yet another impressive season.:

I don't think Ville can help it!....them aliens did something to him!..possibly one too many rectal exams!!.:doh:

regaleagle
11-29-2013, 11:17 PM
Argyle will take this win and celebrate it tonite and possibly tomorrow rest a bit, but it will be back to business for the Gainesville/Gladewater winner next week. The Eagles have advanced another week to get to the Region 2 DII Final. They have not won the SC, and will face a good team next week. Each game each week is its own matchup. Any of the remaining teams after tomorrow's games conclude has the same chance to a SC title. Tonite was a great win for Argyle, but not the end of the rainbow. We've been here before.

defense51
11-29-2013, 11:19 PM
:

I don't think Ville can help it!....them aliens did something to him!..possibly one too many rectal exams!!.:doh:

:clap:

adoptedbuckeye
Argyle will take this win and celebrate it tonite and possibly tomorrow rest a bit, but it will be back to business for the Gainesville/Gladewater winner next week. The Eagles have advanced another week to get to the Region 2 DII Final. They have not won the SC, and will face a good team next week. Each game each week is its own matchup. Any of the remaining teams after tomorrow's games conclude has the same chance to a SC title. Tonite was a great win for Argyle, but not the end of the rainbow. We've been here before.

Hey I hope y'all get that pot of gold at the end of it! Good luck to the Eagles

defense51
Congrats to Argyle on a great win tonight!

Deuce
11-29-2013, 11:20 PM

Is anybody really surprised by Ville's comments?

regaleagle
11-29-2013, 11:32 PM
Hey I hope y'all get that pot of gold at the end of it! Good luck to the Eagles

Thanks for the support, adoptedbuckeye. The Gilmer faithful are very good football fans....knowledgeable, lots of school pride, good winners, and classy even in a tough loss. Your team has great fans that support them and represent the rich tradition of Gilmer Football with high integrity. This translates well to your players and the community.

2muchOffense
11-29-2013, 11:48 PM
Congrats to Gilmer on a fine season. There is a 100% chance we will but talking about their team this time next year. Class program from top to bottom. The Eagles are having a special year and will most likely win it all. Good luck the rest of the way. This matchup was an example of Texas High School football at its finest!

adoptedbuckeye
11-29-2013, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the support, adoptedbuckeye. The Gilmer faithful are very good football fans....knowledgeable, lots of school pride, good winners, and classy even in a tough loss. Your team has great fans that support them and represent the rich tradition of Gilmer Football with high integrity. This translates well to your players and the community.

Thanks! I'll tell you what, Argyle may not pull the largest crowd but the ones who come are awesome support for the team.

bobcat1
11-29-2013, 11:57 PM
There are still some teams in the playoffs that are playing good football and there are also some games left to play.
Yep that is why I used "probably". I think a Graham and Argyle game will be a fantastic game also. I'm backing Argyle as far as they go because they are in the same district as Celina.

bearbear78
11-30-2013, 12:04 AM
Yep that is why I used "probably". I think a Graham and Argyle game will be a fantastic game also. I'm backing Argyle as far as they go because they are in the same district as Celina.
I'm gonna save any predictions for later because right now first things first..LE tomorrow ..but the Argyle Vs Graham game looks very probable. .gonna be a good one.

Inmateboss
11-30-2013, 12:55 AM
Congratulations Argyle on beating a damn good football team.

Congratulations Gilmer on a fine season, no shame in going out to a team like Argyle.

It was a great game!! Gilmer is Gilmer, and do what Gilmer does best, move the football!!! That game was up for grabs from start to finish!! Great job to both teams!! Best $8 I've spent in a long time!! Loved the fact that Gilmer had tons of fans in the stands !!

garciap77
11-30-2013, 01:04 AM
It was a great game!! Gilmer is Gilmer, and do what Gilmer does best, move the football!!! That game was up for grabs from start to finish!! Great job to both teams!! Best $8 I've spent in a long time!! Loved the fact that Gilmer had tons of fans in the stands !!

When did you get out!:D

Inmateboss
11-30-2013, 01:09 AM
When did you get out!:D

Made parole !! What's up man hope to see ya at the game if your not busy!!!

garciap77
11-30-2013, 01:17 AM
Made parole !! What's up man hope to see ya at the game if your not busy!!!

I have brother in law visiting...reason I was not able to watch the second half of the BS vs ville game, but I might try to sneak over to the game and take some pics.

Aesculus gilmus
11-30-2013, 02:06 AM
what were Ian Sadlers final stats for the game? Heard his name quite a bit listening to the game.

"Sadler, a senior committed to Texas Tech, and Ralston led Argyle’s 314-yard rushing effort. Sadler rushed for 182 yards and four touchdowns on 28 carries, and added a 29-yard touchdown reception in the first quarter. Ralston finished with 129 yards on 14 rushing attempts."

http://etsn.fm/ian-sadler-argyle-defeat-gilmer-45-38-to-end-buckeyes-season-for-third-time-in-four-years/

Aggie98
11-30-2013, 02:35 AM
Whew, long day of football. Watched Kilgore, drove over to watch Gilmer, and then drove back to catch 2nd half of Chapel Hill.

I think the bottom line of this one is that Argyle was just the better team. They controlled both lines of scrimmage and gave Gilmer's defense a steady dose of thunder and lightning. Great defense too. Congrats Eagles.

Dawgs
11-30-2013, 04:42 AM
Congrats Argyle on an impressive win. You guys did exactly what you said you would do. Now finish the season, and put one in the books. Great season Gilmer, just ran into a buzz saw. As always you guys will be back in the hunt next season.

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2013, 07:06 AM
This game is a toss up. Whomever wins the turn over battle will win. I'll go 42 to 35 Argyle.

You almost nailed it. :eek:

Celina8
11-30-2013, 08:30 AM
Let me congratulate Argyle on a a great win and also hats off to Gilmer for a great season. I do need to feast on some Crow, please serve it to me KFC style as I had stated that Argyle would win this game by a 3 TD score. Well, Gilmer you decided to not cooperate with my prediction as this game was a great game from start to finish. Congratulations to both teams, this was a lot of fun this past week on the downlow!

Wow :dispntd::dispntd:

I just agree with what a Gilmer poster has said about his coach decision. Don't get all bent out of shape. No harm meant to anyone.

Gilmer congrats on yet another impressive season.

I think you take things a little to serious. Don't get all bent out of shape this is a football forum meant for a little poke here and there. It was a great game and it's to bad Gilmore went home but hey that's the way the BASKETBALL bounces.

[QUOTE=bobcat1;1789634]Look up the word Idiot and you might find the name Ville. You're a classless jackass dude.

Sorry you feel that way there mr bobcat1 I guess you think this forum is serious. You have no idea what your talking about.
Do you think this hurts anyone? Do you think it's going to change anything? If people think the a coach made bad calls then let them say it. I just so happen to agree with the Gilmer poster just like I did when they played Kilgore. Nothing said on here should be taken serious or is a reflection of who a person is. It's a high school football forum. It's a high school football forum. Say it again it's a high school football forum. There you better now?

buckeyebob
11-30-2013, 10:08 AM
I've heard Gilmer pretty much sits around and plays kickball in offseason :crazy:.

Nope...Dodge Ball...

83Indian
11-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Argyle appears to be the favorite to win it all, but there are still a few very goods teams left. Graham, Fairfield, and Rockdale are playing pretty good ball.

buckeyebob
11-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Congratulations to Argyle & my Buckeyes on a well fought game and a good job...I am sore from shaking the rattlers 4 full qtrs...my upper lip is cut from blowing the horn...my tongue will be sore Monday from licking wounds all week-end...but, workouts start with the new year...7 on 7...a new district & new team...the band starts to play, the Buckeyes run on the field...Texas Friday Night Football...nothing like it...I hope we get a shot at game number 5.

CP3Dad
11-30-2013, 12:55 PM
Glad we got to see this one...instant classic! Sadler was much more than I expected...excited to see his all-purpose impact on Tech.

Bullaholic
11-30-2013, 12:57 PM
Had the pleasure of seeing 2 great teams play a whale of a game last night in Dallas. It was speed vs speed, and I thought Gilmer was a hair quicker, not necessarily faster, overall. However, I think Argyle was physically stronger to go with lots of speed, and that showed when #22 was running the ball, and on some of the defensive plays. It was a team win by Argyle, but Ian Sadler is just a very special all-around athlete who is very talented and showed it last night. I was impressed with the quickness and speed of Gilmer on offense and how they got to the ball so quickly on defense. I sat on the very packed Gilmer side and enjoyed their crowd and visited with several of their fans who were nice folks. Argyle did not bring as many, but I could sure hear them. Again, sure glad I made the trip and saw this game between two of the best 3A teams in Texas who did not disappoint one bit. Hats off to the Gilmer Buckeyes for yet another great season, and best of luck to a very special Argyle Eagle team for the rest of the playoffs---go get that SC for Reg II.

Aguilafanatico
11-30-2013, 01:44 PM
Had the pleasure of seeing 2 great teams play a whale of a game last night in Dallas. It was speed vs speed, and I thought Gilmer was a hair quicker, not necessarily faster, overall. However, I think Argyle was physically stronger to go with lots of speed, and that showed when #22 was running the ball, and on some of the defensive plays. It was a team win by Argyle, but Ian Sadler is just a very special all-around athlete who is very talented and showed it last night. I was impressed with the quickness and speed of Gilmer on offense and how they got to the ball so quickly on defense. I sat on the very packed Gilmer side and enjoyed their crowd and visited with several of their fans who were nice folks. Argyle did not bring as many, but I could sure hear them. Again, sure glad I made the trip and saw this game between two of the best 3A teams in Texas who did not disappoint one bit. Hats off to the Gilmer Buckeyes for yet another great season, and best of luck to a very special Argyle Eagle team for the rest of the playoffs---go get that SC for Reg II.

Awesome that you made it out. Why did you sit on the Gilmer side? They didn't need more people on their side, there were a ton of them. I think the whole town for Argyle showed up but the East Texuns still outnumbered us.

A heckuva a game for sure. Could have gone either way but I think that the O and D lines for Argyle just stronger and more physical. The difference could have ben the Argyle (Estrada) interception in the first quarter as Bucks were driving for what could have been a 14-0 lead. It felt like Gilmer had Argyle on the ropes at that point. Once Argyle tied it up and settled down a bit it was game on. Either way, both teams battled till the end and the players and spectators were exhausted. Best team by far that Argyle has faced this year.

regaleagle
11-30-2013, 02:52 PM
I remember only too well when Argyle went thru the gauntlet of Gilmer, then Carthage, and finally a good Monahans team to get to the SC final against Wimberley @ Jerryworld a couple of years ago. That day Austin Aune played with the flu, Ian Sadler went down with an ACL in Argyle's first offensive series, Argyle fumbled a would-be TD that rolled into the endzone at the goal line for a touchback that gave Wimberley the ball at their 20. All of these things happened to Argyle in that game, and they lost 21-14. What does that say about winning a State Championship title in football?

bobcat1
11-30-2013, 03:49 PM

Sorry you feel that way there mr bobcat1 I guess you think this forum is serious. You have no idea what your talking about.
Do you think this hurts anyone? Do you think it's going to change anything? If people think the a coach made bad calls then let them say it. I just so happen to agree with the Gilmer poster just like I did when they played Kilgore. Nothing said on here should be taken serious or is a reflection of who a person is. It's a high school football forum. It's a high school football forum. Say it again it's a high school football forum. There you better now? Your comment kinda reminds me of a little bitty guy that was watching a fight one time and when it was over he kicked the guy that was down because that was the only time he dared to get a lick in on anyone. As I said..... Classless Jackass

Aggie98
11-30-2013, 04:48 PM
I remember only too well when Argyle went thru the gauntlet of Gilmer, then Carthage, and finally a good Monahans team to get to the SC final against Wimberley @ Jerryworld a couple of years ago. That day Austin Aune played with the flu, Ian Sadler went down with an ACL in Argyle's first offensive series, Argyle fumbled a would-be TD that rolled into the endzone at the goal line for a touchback that gave Wimberley the ball at their 20. All of these things happened to Argyle in that game, and they lost 21-14. What does that say about winning a State Championship title in football?

It takes a lot of luck, no matter how good you are.

Your comment kinda reminds me of a little bitty guy that was watching a fight one time and when it was over he kicked the guy that was down because that was the only time he dared to get a lick in on anyone. As I said..... Classless Jackass

I know it's hard to handle getting put out in the first round by Gainesville. But like I said Doc Holliday it's a high school football forum. Oh yeah and the game against Argyle 63-13 was a good try. Game over

bobcat1
11-30-2013, 07:49 PM
I know it's hard to handle getting put out in the first round by Gainesville. But like I said Doc Holliday it's a high school football forum. Oh yeah and the game against Argyle 63-13 was a good try. Game over Nice attempt but that was weaker than a popcorn fart. We were talking about your lack of class not Celina. Nice deflection but you still lack any class. I now it and you know it. The classiest thing you have ever done is when you are quiet. Try it.

bobcat1
11-30-2013, 08:11 PM
Get the basketball out Gilmos. Your football is over as in no more. History enjoy the drive back down 1-20 don't get a SPEED KILLS ticket going through Canton. Great win Argyle you guys are the best team in D2.

I think you take things a little to serious. Don't get all bent out of shape this is a football forum meant for a little poke here and there. It was a great game and it's to bad Gilmore went home but hey that's the way the BASKETBALL bounces.
Lots of Class I tell ya, Lots of Class.