PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Really Think Your Team's Chances Are This Year?

GU_81
11-21-2013, 05:28 PM
I am not eligible to formally start a poll on here so I'd like to suggest the title subject (wish I would have done this last week).

We all support our teams and want them to win a state championship. However, time to take off your homer hat and answer honestly and objectively.

Some possible multiple choice options:
A) SC game appearance or bust. This is the year. Anything less will be a disappointment.

B) Have legitimate chance of advancing to Quaterfinals or Semifinals, but won't make it further.

C) Regional finals appearance will be end of the road.

D) Although I hate to admit it, I don't think my team makes it past this weekend's area round.

E) Lost in 1st Round

F) My team didn't make playoffs.

hollywood
11-21-2013, 06:15 PM
A) SC game appearance or bust. This is the year. Anything less will be a disappointment.

B) Have legitimate chance of advancing to Quaterfinals or Semifinals, but won't make it further.

C) Regional finals appearance will be end of the road.

D) Although I hate to admit it, I don't think my team makes it past this weekend's area round.

E) Lost in 1st Round

F) My team didn't make playoffs

2muchOffense
11-21-2013, 06:33 PM
The Ville= (A) Back to Back

Ville-D
11-21-2013, 06:40 PM

(+1)

lostaussie
11-21-2013, 06:59 PM
A.......with the statment anything less will be a disappointment. For this team I think that fits!!

slingshot
11-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Us--probably C)... but I don't think 'Ville wins it all this year.

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2013, 07:29 PM
There you go. :)

hollywood
11-21-2013, 08:26 PM

(+1)

(+2)

waterboy
11-21-2013, 11:51 PM
A.......with the statment anything less will be a disappointment. For this team I think that fits!!

+1

Considering what Gilmer did last year, and the fact they have most of those players back, anything less would be a big disappointment.

Ville-D
11-21-2013, 11:54 PM
There you go. :)

Can we switch it to where we can see who voted for what?

Tejastrue
11-21-2013, 11:59 PM
My Texans were one and done and I blame Obamacare. Can we have another mulligan please?

BB BULLS
11-22-2013, 07:55 AM
Bramhas one & done big disappointment
SC D1 Navasota
SC D2 Fairfield

hollywood
11-22-2013, 08:04 AM
SC D1 Navasota
SC D2 Fairfield

It happens. I had Bellville advancing further. You really think Springtown can beat Stephenville tonight?

bobcat1
11-22-2013, 08:10 AM
Slim and None and Slim just left town.

BB BULLS
11-22-2013, 08:15 AM
It happens. I had Bellville advancing further. You really think Springtown can beat Stephenville tonight?

no way the Jackets lose tonight. i just picked who i thought would be state champs. i may have read the question wrong but oh well

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2013, 08:55 AM
SC D1 Navasota
SC D2 Fairfield

That's a tall order for this young group of Rattlers. First thing first, the Carthage Bulldogs.

hollywood
11-22-2013, 09:54 AM
no way the Jackets lose tonight. i just picked who i thought would be state champs. i may have read the question wrong but oh well

Just checking... You must have clicked the wrong option in the poll on the Stephenville/Springtown thread then. ;)

Like Hemo said, for Sota to make the state game this season would be a huge accomplishment considering the youth they have this season on of. I wish them well. They are a very good team this season but a tall order against Carthage tonight. I think the winner of that game has the best shot at Jerry World.

BB BULLS
11-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Just checking... You must have clicked the wrong option in the poll on the Stephenville/Springtown thread then. ;)

Like Hemo said, for Sota to make the state game this season would be a huge accomplishment considering the youth they have this season on of. I wish them well. They are a very good team this season but a tall order against Carthage tonight. I think the winner of that game has the best shot at Jerry World.

hell i dont even remember picking to be honest

I agree, one thing that Sota does have is very very good Def. and you know the old saying def wins championsips. there another thing about the Rattler team after we played them last year in the Semi's and lost they had more sportsmenship then any team we played last year for that they will always have my respect. if this years team is the same way win or lose they will be at there best. ok with that being said IMO the team that makes the first mistake will lose, as in mistake i mean turnover, i am not counting penelty
as a mistake even though it is. i will go rattlers by 10

refereedoc
11-22-2013, 10:24 AM
(+2)

(+3)

Gone Fishing
11-22-2013, 11:39 AM
My Texans were one and done and I blame Obamacare. Can we have another mulligan please?

LOL... "Wheres the first tee? and can I hit Two?" I believe WT's will be much improved next year. Almost every skill position from this year will be seniors and in their third year of varsity and a few good linemen returning and coming up thru the ranks. I say we return to district champ.