PDA

View Full Version : What 3A Team haswon the Most consecutive District Titles?

LoboesWT
11-21-2013, 12:07 PM
This is a follow up thread to most playoff appearances. I am curious to which 3A team maintained dominance in district with a system that allows multiple teams to playoffs?

WOS87
11-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Pilot Point won 22 consecutive district titles from 1979-2000 but most if not all of those were in 2A. The record prior to multiple teams from a district qualifying for the playoffs was Gregory-Portland with 12 consecutive district titles from 1969-1980 and most of those years G-P was in a huge district with 8-10 teams. That's actually a difficult stat to compile because do you take in to account ties for district title or outright district titles? Plus you would have to compile the district records of every district going back forever which would take a ton of work although I have the dataset to do it.

LoboesWT
11-21-2013, 12:23 PM
Thank You for the quick reply. 22 is very impressive, but 12 consecutive in a 8-10 team district is remarkable. I was just curious, because in talking with coaches now, so many times kids will be rested because they have made the playoffs. District titles have lost some value, but good for local area bragging rights :).