PDA

View Full Version : Friday Game Weather

Bullaholic
11-20-2013, 10:08 AM
Looks like it is going to be "true fan" weather for Friday night and possibly Saturday. Possible freezing rain north and West of DFW, with cold rain nearly everywhere else. Bad stuff may hold off until after 12:00. Hope so.

waterboy
11-20-2013, 10:12 AM
It's a good thing we decided to play on Thursday night!

panther89
11-20-2013, 10:20 AM
We play Saturday at 2:00, but we won't get the freezing rain since we are in South Texas. Probably a lot of rain though.

Aguilafanatico
11-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Two great equalizers in football, injuries and weather.

hollywood
11-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Porcupines are known to handle cold weather better than Yellow Jackets. :eek:

Getting nervous. :helpme:

waterboy
11-20-2013, 10:37 AM

You should be nervous... Those Porcupines have been known to "stick" it to people...

Bullaholic
11-20-2013, 10:48 AM
You should be nervous... Those Porcupines have been known to "stick" it to people...

I know you Gilmer folks have got to love the Porkies colors---and they even have "orange" teeth....:D

Cam
11-20-2013, 10:49 AM

yep...any kind of wasp/hornet hates the cold....as a kid, I used to touch the dang things when it was cold out....they could barely move!...they react like they're in some sort of trance-like state......then, of course, I'd ruin their nest as payback for all the times them things stung me over the years!!.......but don't worry too much Hollywood, your boys aren't really insects!....:D

waterboy
11-20-2013, 10:59 AM
I know you Gilmer folks have got to love the Porkies colors---and they even have "orange" teeth....:D

Yep, at least it does look better than those ol' yeller toofs those 'Jackets have!:D

Sweetwater Red
11-20-2013, 11:02 AM
We play Saturday at 2:00, but we won't get the freezing rain since we are in South Texas. Probably a lot of rain though.

I don't think it could possibly rain on me anymore than it did at this game in Corpus Christi a few years back.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/20091120-235911-pic-782149379_t607.jpg

I'm hidden in this pic somewhere. Lol

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/SintonPearsall.jpg

GrTigers6
11-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Yeah them there steers may freeze their balls off! Oh Wait!:D
Couldn't resist!:wave:

GrTigers6
11-20-2013, 11:03 AM
I don't think it could possibly rain on me anymore than it did at this game in Corpus Christi a few years back.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/20091120-235911-pic-782149379_t607.jpg

That's pretty bad!

panther89
11-20-2013, 11:12 AM
Yes sir, quite a bit of rain there. I remember being in some like that as a player, coach, and a fan!!! Gotta love November and December high school football in Texas!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2013, 12:05 PM

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/SintonPearsall.jpgThe wind in that game when that storm rolled in was gusting to around 45 mph.

Dawgkillr
11-20-2013, 12:25 PM

Everybody loves a comedian!

GrTigers6
11-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Everybody loves a comedian!

Yeah too bad im not one! Well not a good one anyway!:D

Luckydawg
11-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Looks like its going to be one of those miserable nights!

Cam
11-20-2013, 01:41 PM
Any idea if the front will be past Waco by Friday evening? Or is this whole area gonna get steady rain & cold??...I ain't worried about Burnet and their passing game being affected. They did just fine during their one wet weather game......I'm more worried about me freezin' my ass off and my footsies gettin' wet!!!....:doh:

Sweetwater Red
11-20-2013, 04:10 PM
That's pretty bad!

Yes it was, here is just one more pic from the CC Caller website and that game.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/SPP.jpg

Cam
11-20-2013, 04:23 PM
From Waco's KXXV:

Big changes will move in Friday. A strong Canadian cold front will track in during the morning hours on Friday. After the front moves in temperatures will drop down into the 30s and 40s. We'll also see rainy conditions and winds gusting out of the north at over 30mph as the front moves through. Friday night we will continue to see a few showers and temperatures will fall into the mid 30s. For right now it looks to stay above freezing but this could change. For folks coming in from Kennedale, don't bother. Stay home, read a book, drink some hot chocolate, and stay warm! As for Burnet folks, come on over and enjoy! Except for you Cam! We Waco folks know your knuckles start crackin' and bleedin' when the temperature hits 60!:doh:

bearbear78
11-20-2013, 08:35 PM

Still bitter from last years thumping I see....well after this week you are really goimg to be bitter!!!!

toddg
11-20-2013, 08:53 PM
I was going to try and catch a game Friday night.. But I don't freeze my butt off for anybody but the Indians!!!:)

hollywood
11-20-2013, 09:06 PM
I was going to try and catch a game Friday night.. But I don't freeze my butt off for anybody but the Indians!!!:)

Yeah, the coziness of 72 degree living room is sounding more attractive by the hour. BUT, I will not give up on the possible road trip. Actually thinking about driving just 45 miles north to catch the GR/Graham game. But what's another 45 minutes to watch the Jackets... Decisions decisions. Will be a last minute one I think.

slingshot
11-20-2013, 09:31 PM
High Friday in Wichita Falls is 35 degrees with 20+ mph North wind and 80% chance of precipitation... Lovely.

Ranger354
11-20-2013, 10:23 PM

I was at the top of the stands and it was just crazy.... I have hunted and fished in all kinds of weather for the last 45 years... But NEVER watched a football game in weather like that. It was just crazy. As a young boy we would play "muddy football" at Sacred Heart school yard but never in weather like this. And if you asked me today would I go and watch that game again? Hell Yes!

Sweetwater Red
11-20-2013, 10:42 PM
I was at the top of the stands and it was just crazy.... I have hunted and fished in all kinds of weather for the last 45 years... But NEVER watched a football game in weather like that. It was just crazy. As a young boy we would play "muddy football" at Sacred Heart school yard but never in weather like this. And if you asked me today would I go and watch that game again? Hell Yes!

Well, of course! :D

toddg
11-20-2013, 11:03 PM
Yeah, the coziness of 72 degree living room is sounding more attractive by the hour. BUT, I will not give up on the possible road trip. Actually thinking about driving just 45 miles north to catch the GR/Graham game. But what's another 45 minutes to watch the Jackets... Decisions decisions. Will be a last minute one I think.

This is Texas.. It could turn out to be nice..

tex_male
11-21-2013, 12:24 AM
This is Texas.. It could turn out to be nice..

True statement right there!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2013, 05:31 AM
Forecast for Brownwood

36° 32° Saturday

With temps like that, it doesn't really matter what it's expected to be at kick-off. :eek: :eek:

GrTigers6
11-21-2013, 06:05 AM
Still bitter from last years thumping I see....well after this week you are really goimg to be bitter!!!!

Im not Bitter at all. I don't have anyone playing anymore. Just cracking a joke. Picking on some of my graham friends!:redX:

buckeyebob
11-21-2013, 08:36 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zl4G49uzDjg/R0728EuVT1I/AAAAAAAAAMQ/8gXybbALmaw/s1600/web1128gray.gif

2007...Overcoming what head coach Jeff Traylor called, “The toughest playing conditions I have ever played or coached in,” the Gilmer Buckeyes defeated the Maybank Panthers at Stephen F. Austin’s Homer Bryce Stadium to stay alive in the Class 3A Division I area round.

With temperatures in the low 40s, driving rain and a brisk north wind for the entire game, the Buckeyes also overcame a furious comeback attempt by the Panthers in the game’s final two minutes to advance to the quarterfinal round of the playoffs.

“It was just so cold, so miserable, windy and rainy, and Mabank really played great. They really competed hard. We got it done. That’s the name of the game to move on.” exclaimed Traylor after the game.

jason
11-21-2013, 09:37 AM
I'm considering just going to Corsicana for Navasota/Carthage. It's only 20 more miles.

panther89
11-21-2013, 10:07 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zl4G49uzDjg/R0728EuVT1I/AAAAAAAAAMQ/8gXybbALmaw/s1600/web1128gray.gif

2007...Overcoming what head coach Jeff Traylor called, “The toughest playing conditions I have ever played or coached in,” the Gilmer Buckeyes defeated the Maybank Panthers at Stephen F. Austin’s Homer Bryce Stadium to stay alive in the Class 3A Division I area round.

With temperatures in the low 40s, driving rain and a brisk north wind for the entire game, the Buckeyes also overcame a furious comeback attempt by the Panthers in the game’s final two minutes to advance to the quarterfinal round of the playoffs.

“It was just so cold, so miserable, windy and rainy, and Mabank really played great. They really competed hard. We got it done. That’s the name of the game to move on.” exclaimed Traylor after the game.

I was at this game!! My nephew played for Mabank. It was miserable. I drove from Mansfield to Nacagdoches in a driving rain storm, and stood and watched that game. Cold, wet, windy.... but I wouldn't change anything about it. Well, except the score!!!

Gotta love Texas High School Football!!!

Aguilafanatico
11-21-2013, 10:09 AM

Just curious, what was the expected outcome going into the game? Gilmer/Mabank heavily favored or a pretty even matchup?

pirate4state
11-21-2013, 10:16 AM

I was at this game. Miserable is right! I can handle cold weather, but when you include rain, well it just sucks!

panther89
11-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Just curious, what was the expected outcome going into the game? Gilmer/Mabank heavily favored or a pretty even matchup?

I am sure Gilmer would have been heavily favored, but I may be wrong. It was a great game to watch though!!

Gilmer was 11-0, Mabank was 7-4 going into the game.

Sweetwater Red
11-21-2013, 10:41 AM

FWIW - Pigskin prep had Gilmer listed as a 24 point favorite.

GrTigers6
11-21-2013, 10:56 AM
If I was looking for a game to watch I would be going to At&t Stadium!. But I am going to college station to visit my youngest son

waterboy
11-21-2013, 11:13 AM
I was at this game. Miserable is right! I can handle cold weather, but when you include rain, well it just sucks!

You were there? I didn't know you then, or I would've looked you up. I remember it being around 40 degrees, with the wind blowing 30+ mph the whole game, with rain going sideways. It was impossible to stay dry. I was soaked to the bone, and freezing my tail off. There probably wasn't more than a thousand people who stayed for the whole game. Mabank's QB, Kolton Browning, was one of the best QBs I've ever seen. He nearly brought them back in the 4th, when it looked like the game was well in hand.

panther89
11-21-2013, 11:40 AM
You were there? I didn't know you then, or I would've looked you up. I remember it being around 40 degrees, with the wind blowing 30+ mph the whole game, with rain going sideways. It was impossible to stay dry. I was soaked to the bone, and freezing my tail off. There probably wasn't more than a thousand people who stayed for the whole game. Mabank's QB, Kolton Browning, was one of the best QBs I've ever seen. He nearly brought them back in the 4th, when it looked like the game was well in hand.

Browning was a stud. My nephew caught passes from him and said that guy was great. Miserable weather conditions. Guess I hijacked the thread. Sorry about that. :)

hollywood
11-21-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm considering just going to Corsicana for Navasota/Carthage. It's only 20 more miles.

Ineresting. I've thought about that one as well. Slug fest

HEMOTOXIC
11-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Looks like the rain chances have been lowered a tad.

For Corsicana, game time conditions as forecasted by the TWC

38-39 degrees around kickoff with a 40% chance of "few showers" and a NNW at 15 mph.

Hopefully the heaviest of the rain will pass tonight and early Friday morning.

cougartino
11-21-2013, 12:35 PM
So long as my nachos stay dry, I'll be fine.

Scoop27
11-21-2013, 04:59 PM
84 Degrees in Wharton Today-Expect a 30-40 degree swing on Friday

ccmom
11-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Wylie vs Cooper game changed to 4:30 Saturday, still in WF.

SHSBulldog00
11-21-2013, 08:22 PM
Sweeny vs. Hardin-Jefferson

80% Chance of rain during the day

KO
57 degrees and 50% Chance of rain

WIND:
NNW at 14 mph

End of game
42 degrees 60% Chance of Rain

NNW at 15 mph

zebrablue2
11-21-2013, 09:42 PM
TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO darn cold. :twitch:

movethechain
11-21-2013, 11:38 PM

Me and my brother went to that game. We wore our insulated coveralls with ponchos on top. Everything but our feet stayed somewhat dry and warm, but the ponchos just drained the water right on top of our boots and soaked them through and through, including our doubled-up pairs of socks. I don't have to tell you how miserable it is having cold, almost freezing, wet feet. But getting to see a great game with tremendous effort and execution by both teams was worth it. Memories last forever.

Scoop27
11-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Didn't get that much rain in Wharton County so far -Will be just cold for the Refugio-Danbury game in El Campo

cougartino
11-22-2013, 01:08 PM
It's raining drawlz, panties, and bras in Houston.

panther89
11-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Me and my brother went to that game. We wore our insulated coveralls with ponchos on top. Everything but our feet stayed somewhat dry and warm, but the ponchos just drained the water right on top of our boots and soaked them through and through, including our doubled-up pairs of socks. I don't have to tell you how miserable it is having cold, almost freezing, wet feet. But getting to see a great game with tremendous effort and execution by both teams was worth it. Memories last forever.

I agree totally. Horrible weather conditions, but the game was a great one to watch. I will remember that one for a long time.

Deuce
11-22-2013, 02:07 PM
32 degrees and sleeting between Graham and Mineral Wells.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2013, 03:48 PM
UIL website:

November 22, 2013

Weather and Football Playoffs

There has been a significant weather system come into Texas, specifically impacting in areas of North and West Texas.

The decision on whether or not to move forward with playoff games as scheduled is left to the schools involved in the contest. The recommendation is that should schools decide the conditions do not allow for the game to be played today, that schools wait and see if the conditions are better for Saturday and try to get the game in Saturday, if conditions permit.

If Saturday also is not an option, schools can extend the deadline and play the playoff game on Monday of next week. Start times of any games on Monday are at the discretion of the schools.

If schools do have to postpone until Monday, be aware that the next round game will then have to be moved to Saturday 11/30 at the earliest to satisfy the five day requirement between games.

Scoop27
11-22-2013, 03:54 PM
There is also a lot of rain forecast for Monday-Playing earlier today would be the best

44INAROW
11-22-2013, 03:55 PM
I've been receiving "Weather Bulletins" and Mobile Claim Unit phone #'s from several of my insurance companies this afternoon... Everyone, please be careful out there.. :p