PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny, Columbia Boys Basketball season preview

Scoop27
11-19-2013, 09:48 PM
From the Brazosport Facts

SWEENY

COACH: Shannon Permenter (first year)

LAST YEAR’S RECORDS: District 24-3A 1-9, 3-23 overall

RETURNING LETTERMEN: Dallas Blackstock, junior, guard; Phillip Higgins, junior, forward; Michael French, junior, post; Brandon Barclay, senior, forward; and Jamarkus Averhart, senior, guard.

RETURNING STARTERS: Blackstock, Higgins, French and Averhart

COLUMBIA

COACH: Bobby Cash (first year)

LAST YEAR’S RECORDS: District 24-3A 6-4, 18-11 overall

RETURNING LETTERMEN: Jayson Faith, junior, center; Gabe Hoppock, junior, center; Jarius Kesee , junior, shooting guard; LaMarquis Fields, senior, guard; Brandon Harris , junior, forward; and Kalen Williams, sophomore, point guard

RETURNING STARTERS: Kesee, Williams, Fields and Harris.

OVERVIEW: Depth will be an asset for the Roughnecks this season. Kesee (16 points, six rebounds, four assists) is a two-year starter and Harris (eight points, five rebounds) will be solid.

But defense is one area the ’Necks have to shore up. Ace Turner is a sophomore who can add a spark coming off the bench.

NOTABLE: Cash is making his fourth stop as a head coach, previously serving at Edna, Boling and Utopia. He hails from Corpus Christi and is 99-78 overall, going to the playoffs in four of his six years in coaching.

QUOTABLE: “I am excited I have never had a team with this much talent,” Cash said. “I think we are going to surprise a lot of people this year with our style of play. We will be fun to watch.”

SHSBulldog00
11-19-2013, 09:49 PM
No need to post that. We still got football to think about.

cougartino
11-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Down year for the COOGS. I don't think we'll be undefeated in district this year.