PDA

View Full Version : 1st Annual Bayou Bowl

RBARKER
06-22-2003, 12:08 AM
Well its in the books Texas 32 Louisiana 29. I just got back from the game and boy was it nice to see some FOOTBALL!!! Texas started out with a 14-0 lead, but Louisiana game back and tied the game 14-14 with about 3:00 minutes in the half Baytown Lee X Drew tate got the Texas team in field goal position and Chuck Lee from Deer park kick a 40 field goal to put the Texas team ahead 17-14 going into the half. After half time the Texas team came back out and went up on Louisiana 29-14, but Lousiana came back again and tied the game 29-29 with 1:31 left in the game. Drew Tate (Baytown Lee) came out and drove them from the texas 10 yard line all the way down to the Louisiana 28 yard line to set up Chuck Lee ( Deer Park) with an 45 yard field goal and he hit with 6 seconds left and Texas Wins. If anyone wants to watch the game it comes on at 1:00 6/22/03 on Fox Sports Net. Game was a little sloppy at times but it was still a great game. there were two 3A players on the Texas team one was from Barbers Hill ( Jared Dolan) which will go to Mcneese this year, and the other was from Sealy (Matt Siska) which will be attending UTEP this year. Congrates to both of these players and Good Luck in the years to come.

PhiI C
06-22-2003, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the news and update RB. It is great to have a football game to watch. I wasn't able to watch it at the time it was shown but I did record it to watch later. It sounds like it was an outstanding offensive type football game.

PhiI C
06-22-2003, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the news and update RB. It is great to have a football game to watch. I wasn't able to watch it at the time it was shown but I did record it to watch later. It sounds like it was an outstanding offensive type football game.

FBmania
06-22-2003, 07:00 PM
Yes it was a good game RBarker! Considering the short practice time to prepare, I think it was a well played game. I talked to some LA. coaches after the game and they are already talking about revenge.
I see where a field goal also decided the Oil Bowl game also. OK 24 TX 21. Anyone have any hi-lites of that game?

Great job to all the players and coaches!