PDA

View Full Version : Kingsville Brahmas vs Rockport Fulton Pirates Region IV D1 Area Round

SintonFan_inAustin
11-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Kingsville comes in 9-2 and Rockport Futlon 4-6. (Met earlier in the season, Kingsville 41 Rockport Fulton 27 back in week 1)

Rockport Fulton open district play in 30-3a by losing to Orange Grove 55-3 and their key game for a playoff spot was the game after that against Robstown. They enter the 4th qtr of that game trailing 20-7 and hadn't shown no life of offense in 1 game and 3 qtrs into district but something woke this team up as they went on to score 24 points in the 4th qtr and beat Robstown in the last seconds of that game that eventually put them in to the playoffs.

Pirates come in having outscored their last two opponents 90-22.

Kingsville has a high power offense that is balanced, 2836 Rushing 2073 Passing for 4909 total yards of offense and averaging 38.7 points per game.

Last time these two met Kingsville had 540 yards of offense and Rockport Fulton 426 yards of offense.

Pulling for Rockport Fulton but Kingsville offensively will be hard to stop from consistently scoring.

SHSBulldog00
11-19-2013, 02:09 PM
Do you have any defensive stats or ST info that could swing this game?

I'm leaning King, but it is hard to beat someone twice in the same year.

MUSTANG69
11-19-2013, 03:33 PM
As much as I want D30 to win I think Kingsville takes this one. Too much offense for R-F.

pirate4state
11-19-2013, 05:37 PM
As much as I want D30 to win I think Kingsville takes this one. Too much offense for R-F.

Hey, what do you know! I agree with you! ;)

iFootball
11-19-2013, 05:46 PM
HM King Brahma offense is clicking. Bulls take this one.

On a side note Kingsville has a terrific fight song, "Raging Bull"!

MUSTANG69
11-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Hey, what do you know! I agree with you! ;)

Miracles never cease.

whitelightning5
11-20-2013, 11:54 AM
I want to give a shout to my old high school coach......Chancellor.....with Rockport Fulton. Good luck this week Pirates.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2013, 12:01 PM
I want to give a shout to my old high school coach......Chancellor.....with Rockport Fulton. Good luck this week Pirates. Here's a comment from Corpus Christi Caller Times newspaper this morning on his team:

Chancellor says when he looks at the tape, he sees a better team today than he had two months ago, when his Pirates lost 41-27 to the Brahmas. He also points out the score is a deceiving one, as R-F was driving with a chance to tie the score late in the fourth quarter when Kingsville returned an interception for a touchdown to finalize its 14-point margin of victory.

link:http://www.caller.com/news/2013/nov/20/after-ending-long-playoff-win-drought-rockport/?comments_id=904212

99IHSMustang
11-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Here's a comment from Corpus Christi Caller Times newspaper this morning on his team:

Chancellor says when he looks at the tape, he sees a better team today than he had two months ago, when his Pirates lost 41-27 to the Brahmas. He also points out the score is a deceiving one, as R-F was driving with a chance to tie the score late in the fourth quarter when Kingsville returned an interception for a touchdown to finalize its 14-point margin of victory.

link:http://www.caller.com/news/2013/nov/20/after-ending-long-playoff-win-drought-rockport/?comments_id=904212

I saw that. Both teams could be playing at a much better level so we could end up seeing the same type of score.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2013, 05:56 PM
I saw that. Both teams could be playing at a much better level so we could end up seeing the same type of score.RF qb is a pretty good running qb, he finds the openings and not to shabby on passing the ball also. Haven't seen Kingsville only on tv clips but they look to have some size overall. I'll be surprise if RF pulls off the upset.

99IHSMustang
11-20-2013, 08:59 PM
RF qb is a pretty good running qb, he finds the openings and not to shabby on passing the ball also. Haven't seen Kingsville only on tv clips but they look to have some size overall. I'll be surprise if RF pulls off the upset.

I will be rooting for them.

MustangFootball
11-21-2013, 12:04 AM
Let's go Rockport keep district 30 rolling!!!! Should be a good game between 2 good teams.