PDA

View Full Version : New Edna Supt is from Columbus

Cowboy_Up
11-19-2013, 07:43 AM
Word on the street in Cowboy town is our new Supt comes to us from Columbus.
I'm always curious about a coach or administrator who moves down in classification for the same position.
Edna has new schools, all built in the last five years, and from what I understand the pay is good, so maybe it is seen as a good move.
Anyhow, what do the Columbus peeps think of their outgoing Supt? I hear he once coached a little, and he has some boys who play ball as well.
Thanks for any info.

hookandladder
11-19-2013, 08:23 AM
Did not hear a lot of good things about him, maybe my source was bad.

YTBulldogs
11-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Yeah. Ask Bandera coach about him and how he handles things. Hell, maybe Columbus really are cleaning things up?

YTBulldogs
11-19-2013, 11:04 AM
CU, guess Edna can save money. Will not need a AD.

the genious
11-19-2013, 12:22 PM
Super nice guy and super smart guy.. The reason he is leaving has nothing to do with him doing a bad job it has to do with him having a kid that's the same age/position as a very popular person in the community/school board member that has done nothing but try to get rid of him once he realized that his kid would never play as long as O'Connor is in town.. It's truly sad but I'm sure O'Connor don't mind moving 60 miles for the raise he is getting..

Cowboy_Up
11-21-2013, 07:41 AM
I've talked with some in the know re the the hiring and interview process and they were very impressed with O'Connor. He does appear to be more hands on and actually attends athletic events, which was very foreign to our previous supt who didn't have an athletic interest at all.

hookandladder
11-21-2013, 09:02 AM
Super nice guy and super smart guy.. The reason he is leaving has nothing to do with him doing a bad job it has to do with him having a kid that's the same age/position as a very popular person in the community/school board member that has done nothing but try to get rid of him once he realized that his kid would never play as long as O'Connor is in town.. It's truly sad but I'm sure O'Connor don't mind moving 60 miles for the raise he is getting..

Post is a little confusing but I guess I understand, hopefully that is not the main reason ( Kid Not playing ) he is leaving. I doubt it very seriously that Coach V will play a certain kid over another kid just because his daddy is on the school board, just an easy way out.There are some sports where you can play or hide a kid on the field or court or whatever sport however football is not one of them, a good coach understands this. Good Luck.

the genious
11-23-2013, 03:13 AM
Post is a little confusing but I guess I understand, hopefully that is not the main reason ( Kid Not playing ) he is leaving. I doubt it very seriously that Coach V will play a certain kid over another kid just because his daddy is on the school board, just an easy way out.There are some sports where you can play or hide a kid on the field or court or whatever sport however football is not one of them, a good coach understands this. Good Luck.

O'Connors kid is the better player and Valastro realizes that.. His freshman son was the one that played QB for Columbus when they beat El Campo, the school board member is upset that his kid is not the best!