PDA

View Full Version : Sville's Stidham

Sville
11-18-2013, 10:56 PM
Stephenville Jr. QB Jarrett Stidham just picked up his 12th D1 offer. This one from Ohio State. Here is the list in no particular order.

1. Baylor
2. Texas
3. Texas A&M
4. Oklahoma State
5. Kentucky
6. Clemson
7. Vanderbilt
8. Ohio State
9. Texas Tech
10. Tennessee
11. TCU
12. Arizona State

hollywood
11-18-2013, 11:18 PM
Congrats to Jarett Stidham! True team player.

And someone from the Wood said he wasn't "all that". If they only new what the others do.

SHSBulldog00
11-18-2013, 11:52 PM

And someone from the Wood said he wasn't "all that". If they only new what the others do.

Impressive list, I would like to see him at Texas but Baylor has to be the favorite for you Yellowjacket fans.

football8
11-19-2013, 02:46 AM
Dou*le Nu*ted St*d

hollywood
11-19-2013, 09:54 AM
If I were in his shoes, I would keep Baylor at or near the top of my list. What Briles and staff have been able to develop into the NFL is stellar.

K. Kolb -- Stephenville to UH to Philly
Keenum -- Abilene Wylie to UH to Houston
Griffin -- Copperas Cove to BU to Wash

SHSBulldog00
11-19-2013, 10:08 AM
If I were in his shoes, I would keep Baylor at or near the top of my list. What Briles and staff have been able to develop into the NFL is stellar.

K. Kolb -- Stephenville to UH to Philly
Keenum -- Abilene Wylie to UH to Houston
Griffin -- Copperas Cove to BU to Wash

I think it comes down to Texas/Baylor

Isn't Petty a Sr. at Baylor?

Deuce
11-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Just curious how the Ville posters rate Stidham at this point to past Stephenville QB's?

refereedoc
11-19-2013, 10:20 AM
The only junior QB that has won a SC at the Ville was a kid named Briles. They are very different type players. Jarrett is probably as polished as any junior we have had. Throws a great ball and should get better as the playoffs roll on.

vtskneb
11-19-2013, 10:35 AM
The only junior QB that has won a SC at the Ville was a kid named Briles. They are very different type players. Jarrett is probably as polished as any junior we have had. Throws a great ball and should get better as the playoffs roll on.

I was hoping the hype was legit but was cautious to start the year. He is as good a Junior as we have ever had and will probably be the best to ever come through as many proclaimed. It was just hard to believe at the start of the year with no point of reference. We have had an unbelievable track record with QBs over the last 25 years and this one will probably be at the top of the list. If you look at Baylor's 2 deep, Jarrett probably red-shirts and gets the job his Redshirt Freshman year. If Petty were to go down Baylor would be in a world of hurt. He won't get the benefit of the doubt any where else but Baylor. He is just another number anywhere else, Briles has taken care of the Stephenville boys. Jevan, Kelan, Kody and Stewart are all examples of this.

hollywood
11-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Just curious how the Ville posters rate Stidham at this point to past Stephenville QB's?

This isn't Hollywood material, just an unbiased observation. ;)

Deuce, to be honest, if you were to watch a Stephenville game, he will not "wow" you on every play. He is intelligent to start, but his upside is the key and most impressive. He's 6'3" 190 lbs. and has the ability to read defenses very well and is very mobile with good speed. He has a cannon for an arm. Can thread a flea's needle. Very accurate in the pocket and on the move. He has the ability to extend plays while under pressure. I've seen him throw it 60 yards in the air with ease. Not like that Case McCoy guy who looks like he's throwing a hail mary on a 40 yarder. (sorry, I let my frustration out of the bag :D) Although he hasn't had a Bryce Gunter, a Jaxon Shipley, an Edward Pope, or a Hunter Baca calibar receiver as a "go-to" player, he does have a pretty solid group of receivers in Brock Morrison (TE), Mookie Carlile (WR,slot), B.J. Walker (WR), Ben Martin (WR,slot), Kaegun Williams (RB), and Grayson Sweet (WR) (just returned from being out most of the season).

I've seen every QB Stephenville has put through here and he has the best potential of any of them that I've seen to be one of the best that's ever played for the blue and gold in terms of future success. He's just a Jr and he still has a lot of football to play and learn.

Daddy D 11
11-19-2013, 12:06 PM
Chris Johnson is redshirting this season and looks to be the guy to take over after Petty. Most inside the team don't see Stidham getting in line behind Johnson and Russell.

Deuce
11-19-2013, 12:34 PM
This isn't Hollywood material, just an unbiased observation. ;)

Deuce, to be honest, if you were to watch a Stephenville game, he will not "wow" you on every play. He is intelligent to start, but his upside is the key and most impressive. He's 6'3" 190 lbs. and has the ability to read defenses very well and is very mobile with good speed. He has a cannon for an arm. Can thread a flea's needle. Very accurate in the pocket and on the move. He has the ability to extend plays while under pressure. I've seen him throw it 60 yards in the air with ease. Not like that Case McCoy guy who looks like he's throwing a hail mary on a 40 yarder. (sorry, I let my frustration out of the bag :D) Although he hasn't had a Bryce Gunter, a Jaxon Shipley, an Edward Pope, or a Hunter Baca calibar receiver as a "go-to" player, he does have a pretty solid group of receivers in Brock Morrison (TE), Mookie Carlile (WR,slot), B.J. Walker (WR), Ben Martin (WR,slot), Kaegun Williams (RB), and Grayson Sweet (WR) (just returned from being out most of the season).

I've seen every QB Stephenville has put through here and he has the best potential of any of them that I've seen to be one of the best that's ever played for the blue and gold in terms of future success. He's just a Jr and he still has a lot of football to play and learn.

Well hopefully I will get to see him at Jerry World! Are u speaking of the Hunter Baca from Graham? If so he will be one of the "go to" guys next year. This year Graham's "go to" guy is #7. He is second on maxpreps in receiving yards with 1,158. I imagine Stidham would love having a guy like him at WR.

hollywood
11-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Well hopefully I will get to see him at Jerry World! Are u speaking of the Hunter Baca from Graham? If so he will be one of the "go to" guys next year. This year Graham's "go to" guy is #7. He is second on maxpreps in receiving yards with 1,158. I imagine Stidham would love having a guy like him at WR.

I agree. Would be nice to see both teams in Jerry World this season! I know enough about Graham to know you guys have a great shot at a SC appearance this season. And yes, #7 is who I was thinking of. Impressive

defense51
11-19-2013, 02:41 PM
From what I saw, he was most impressive by his vision of the entire field. He runs the Jackets offense like he's been the QB for several years, seems like he sees everything and reacts to make the most of every offensive play.

vtskneb
11-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Chris Johnson is redshirting this season and looks to be the guy to take over after Petty. Most inside the team don't see Stidham getting in line behind Johnson and Russell.

Don't know about Chris Johnson but Russell can not beat out Stidham from what I have seen, with a year working with Montgomery and Briles. Jarrett would get more than a fair shake if has the patients to redshirt for a year.

Coondog
11-19-2013, 03:09 PM
Deuce this is just my opinion of how I would rate them in the HS careers from what I have seen and I have seen all of these
1.Ledbetter
2.Stewart
3.Kolb
4.Luker
5.Jones
6.Snead
7.Briles
8.Stidham
9.Odell

Deuce
11-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Deuce this is just my opinion of how I would rate them in the HS careers from what I have seen and I have seen all of these
1.Ledbetter
2.Stewart
3.Kolb
4.Luker
5.Jones
6.Snead
7.Briles
8.Stidham
9.Odell

Thanks. Be interesting to see how he stacks up with these guys after next year!

hollywood
11-19-2013, 03:31 PM
1.Ledbetter
2.Stewart
3.Kolb
4.Luker
5.Jones
6.Snead
7.Briles
8.Stidham
9.Odell

Good list Coondog!

I'm glad everyone has their own opinions.
I rated them based on their QB ability...

1. Kolb
2. Stewart
3. Luker
4. Jones
5. Snead
6. Stidham
7. Briles
8. Ledbetter
9. Odell

JMO though. Based on their JR year play, Stidham is ahead of the pedigree. JMO again.

refereedoc
11-20-2013, 08:51 AM

Well I guess the guy from Brownwood is a better judge of talent than ESPN:
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/position/quarterback-dual-threat/class/2015/view/position

Benchwarmer
11-20-2013, 03:52 PM
Who is Stidham? I thought he played basketball last year and graduated?

Ville-D
11-20-2013, 04:05 PM

He did...

Ragin Red
11-20-2013, 05:20 PM

His brother did.

Old Tiger
11-20-2013, 06:38 PM
He'll end up at Texas /thread.

Sville
11-20-2013, 07:23 PM
You can add Ole Miss the list now.

hollywood
11-20-2013, 07:56 PM
http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2013/11/20/5123674/ohio-state-recruiting-jarrett-stidham-terrell-clinkscales-shmar-kilby-lane

hollywood
11-20-2013, 07:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixyEIxP8OWM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

NastySlot
11-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Isnt' Ledbetter the Q that got the things rolling for they YellowJackets?

refereedoc
11-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Yes in 1990

NastySlot
11-20-2013, 09:15 PM
Yes in 1990

I am old.

refereedoc
11-20-2013, 09:18 PM
Nah, just a good memory. We lost to Wilmer Hutchins in the semis that year.

jason
11-20-2013, 09:30 PM
Anybody else notice the error in the beginning text?

Roughneck93
03-08-2014, 11:33 AM
Read that Stidham has committed to Tech....

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/07/texas-tech-lands-no-1-qb-over-texas-texas-am-and-everyone-else/

http://texastech.247sports.com/Article/Jarrett-Stidham-commits-to-Texas-Tech-Red-Raiders-181363

Saggy Aggie
03-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Read that Stidham has committed to Tech....

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/07/texas-tech-lands-no-1-qb-over-texas-texas-am-and-everyone-else/

http://texastech.247sports.com/Article/Jarrett-Stidham-commits-to-Texas-Tech-Red-Raiders-181363

Of all the schools that wanted this kid, he chose tech.... Smh

Lion70
03-09-2014, 08:16 AM
Of all the schools that wanted this kid, he chose tech.... Smh

KK is good recruiter. Better fit than Baylor or texas.

Bleed orange
03-09-2014, 05:41 PM
KK is good recruiter. Better fit than Baylor or texas.

If you're looking for mediocrity Tech is the school to pick.

slingshot
03-09-2014, 10:52 PM
Guns Up!

ronwx5x
03-10-2014, 08:17 AM
If you're looking for mediocrity Tech is the school to pick.Hope for immediate lift out of "mediocrity"!!

Bleed orange
03-10-2014, 04:21 PM
Hope for immediate lift out of "mediocrity"!!

Tech is what it is. They'll always be a middle of the pack school.

slingshot
03-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Tech is what it is. They'll always be a middle of the pack school.

Kinda like Texas these days...

refereedoc
03-10-2014, 06:31 PM

Oh touché, Sling!

Bleed orange
03-10-2014, 06:38 PM

Yeah minus the national Championships and 100x less revenue

Weebe
03-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Stidham must have forgotten about all of the revenue.

/wank

Bleed orange
03-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Stidham must have forgotten about all of the revenue.

/wank

He also must've forgotten that his chance of winning at Tech is slim to none. If he has offers from schools like Alabama and virtually every other good school, and if youre interested in WINNING and perhaps taking your abilities to the next level why would you choose Tech ?

Weebe
03-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Bama's offer wasn't commitable. They have 165 offers out right now. It's an invitation to come visit their school. If they like you after that, you get a commitable offer.

A&M offered but made it clear Kyler Murray was their priority.

Baylor and Tech are the best in state options if you want to throw the ball.

slingshot
03-10-2014, 11:32 PM
Yeah minus the national Championships and 100x less revenueA) How much of that 'revenue' goes to players like Stidham? Don't think that mattered to him... B) One NC since 1970... Vince Young is long gone. C) Texas seems to accomplish less with more talent than any other school in the nation year in and year out. D) It's Austin. Not everyone wants to live in the 'San Franciso' of the southwest...

Weebe
03-10-2014, 11:40 PM
A) How much of that 'revenue' goes to players like Stidham? Don't think that mattered to him... B) One NC since 1970... Vince Young is long gone. C) Texas seems to accomplish less with more talent than any other school in the nation year in and year out. D) It's Austin. Not everyone wants to live in the 'San Franciso' of the southwest...

I think Strong will have to prove he can win with less talent before he can persuade Texas recruits.

Even when Texas was down in the 80's and 90's I don't remember them losing recruits to Baylor and Tech.

refereedoc
05-04-2014, 06:17 PM
Texas Tech commit Jarrett Stidham earns Elite 11 invite at Dallas event. Sbnation.com

D'Highlander
05-05-2014, 05:56 AM
He also won the MVP out of 70 something QB's...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2051246-five-top-performing-quarterback-recruits-from-2014-dallas-elite-11-regional/page/2
By Ben Kercheval , Featured Columnist
4-Star QB Jarrett Stidham (Stephenville, Texas)

Credit: 247Sports

Texas Tech commit Jarrett Stidham took home top honors from Sunday's event, so he gets the first nod in the list of best performances in the Elite 11 camp.

Stidham looks every bit of his list height, 6'3", and has a good frame to fill out. He threw the ball with confidence and displayed nice touch. He's exactly what college programs are looking for in an elite quarterback.

In the so-called "pressure chamber," when coaches simulate a two-minute drill, Stidham was a star. He made quick throws effortlessly and had a beautiful "touchdown" throw with perfect placement over a wall of simulated defenders.

Elite 11 coordinator and ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer was especially happy with Stidham's performance in the drill. Texas Tech looks like they have a good one if Stidham in fact signs with the Red Raiders next year.

D'Highlander
05-05-2014, 08:17 AM
http://www.texasfootball.com/recruiting-news/view/180790

refereedoc
05-05-2014, 09:26 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/elite-11-quarterback-camp-recruit-football-college-qb/2014/5/4/5681336/jarrett-stidham-elite-11-finals-invite-dallas

hollywood
05-05-2014, 10:48 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/elite-11-quarterback-camp-recruit-football-college-qb/2014/5/4/5681336/jarrett-stidham-elite-11-finals-invite-dallas

Deserving!

caleb_mccaig
05-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Deserving!

I heard Dublin WR Zoey Kendall will be a yellow jacket this year (Went to S-ville originally, Dublin later hired his mom to be their basketball coach). I didn't cover much Stephenville football last year, but I went to almost every Dublin game. Kid is legit. If he had remotely any talent around him over there he would have been a top WR in AA. If I had to guess he may walk in and start immediately. He missed a few games due to a high ankle sprain last year but if he can stay healthy he will certainly be a weapon for Stidham.

D'Highlander
05-05-2014, 02:08 PM
http://youtu.be/aMpH66W29dI

D'Highlander
05-05-2014, 02:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omX7ZS6Uilg&feature=player_embedded

refereedoc
05-05-2014, 03:20 PM
I heard Dublin WR Zoey Kendall will be a yellow jacket this year (Went to S-ville originally, Dublin later hired his mom to be their basketball coach). I didn't cover much Stephenville football last year, but I went to almost every Dublin game. Kid is legit. If he had remotely any talent around him over there he would have been a top WR in AA. If I had to guess he may walk in and start immediately. He missed a few games due to a high ankle sprain last year but if he can stay healthy he will certainly be a weapon for Stidham.

Yep> I saw him at FB practice today. Looked great in street clothes. I am guessing 6' 3" about 190-200.

hollywood
05-05-2014, 03:44 PM

Yep, I work with his father in Sville. Isn't there another WR from Granbury (6'3ish) whos famiy moved to Stephenville this year as well.

refereedoc
05-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Yep, I work with his father in Sville. Isn't there another WR from Granbury (6'3ish) whos famiy moved to Stephenville this year as well.

Austin Stufflebean 6'4" about 210.

ahs_indian_fan
05-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Yep> I saw him at FB practice today. Looked great in street clothes. I am guessing 6' 3" about 190-200.

Interesting to note that 3A Stephenville would be having football practice in the spring ... must have been during the off-season conditioning class.

refereedoc
05-06-2014, 10:18 AM
6th period varsity football athletics on field conditioning no pads. I figure Alvarado has the same thing, but semantics may trip the Indian faithful up. :) By the way, congratulations on winning your baseball series with Burnet.

defense51
05-06-2014, 12:14 PM
6th period varsity football athletics on field conditioning no pads. I figure Alvarado has the same thing, but semantics may trip the Indian faithful up. :) By the way, congratulations on winning your baseball series with Burnet.

We do have the same thing in Alvarado during 5th period, starting a week or two ago they began working on football. I think ahs_Indian_fan is trying to give you Yellowjackets a hard time...

hollywood
05-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Interesting to note that 3A Stephenville would be having football practice in the spring ... must have been during the off-season conditioning class.

We do have the same thing in Alvarado during 5th period, starting a week or two ago they began working on football. I think ahs_Indian_fan is trying to give you Yellowjackets a hard time...

These dang injuns can't stand it. Bet they were dancing in the tee-pees when redistricting results were announced. :p

D'Highlander
05-07-2014, 05:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enThGkmx41w&feature=youtu.be

ahs_indian_fan
05-07-2014, 08:15 AM
These dang injuns can't stand it. Bet they were dancing in the tee-pees when redistricting results were announced. :p

Sorry, just couldn't pass up the chance to give the gnats a hard time about practice. The only dancing was because it'll mean a lot more beating the gnats in a state semi-final rather than a district game.

theville
05-07-2014, 02:47 PM
Dublin had a Honorable Mention All State WR, Dirk DeVries.

jason
05-11-2014, 05:22 PM
Dublin transfer is far from a done deal and will involve a lot of red tape to become eligible if he ever does.

caleb_mccaig
05-12-2014, 10:25 AM
That DeVries kid was a monster on special teams. He had one game I went to where he had 100+ yds rushing, receiving and on returns and scored a TD on all of them as well.

Haven't heard anything about Kendall having issues transferring. Haven't kept up with it really. Does it not matter if he was enrolled in this school district before he moved or anything? I think it's one thing if he just randomly moved here but I think he was enrolled in SISD in the past five or so years.

toddg
05-13-2014, 11:32 AM

we do occasionally like to dance at club pow wow...but not from redistricting..http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/teepee.jpeg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)...we'll just keep workinghttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/character/smiley-vault-character-092.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

jason
06-10-2014, 08:57 AM
a birdie told me stidham took a tour of baylor last week and will take a trip to notre dame who recently offered

caleb_mccaig
06-10-2014, 09:35 AM
a birdie told me stidham took a tour of baylor last week and will take a trip to notre dame who recently offered

A buddy of mine who works in athletics saw him on the tour at Baylor, said he thought he had a pretty good time. I've been told they're doing everything they can to get him to switch.

refereedoc
06-10-2014, 01:07 PM
A buddy of mine who works in athletics saw him on the tour at Baylor, said he thought he had a pretty good time. I've been told they're doing everything they can to get him to switch.

I had heard Baylor was still an option by a former SHS coach last week at 7 on 7. After the comments made by Kingsbury about Webb being one of the best passers he had seen and could break records at Tech, I wondered how that would go over to Jarrett. I guess we know now. Coach Montgomery was still coming to "football conditioning" during the spring and I asked him why, he said just staying in touch:thinking:

hollywood
11-15-2014, 06:11 PM
Stidham loves his team and lives for the game! It's been great to see him still in the middle of the action leading from the sidelines. That is all.

:D

http://lubbockonline.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/superphoto/13150982.jpg