PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 Area GOTW: Navasota (10-1) vs. Carthage (10-1)

Celina8
11-17-2013, 10:28 AM
This game should be a great one. I give the edge to Carthage just because they returned the entire team on offense this past year practically. Navasota though is the defending State Champ of DII . Wish this game was being played on Saturday afternoon. I would have liked to watch it.

SHSBulldog00
11-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Carthage will have to do a better job of ball protection or Navasota will win by 10 or more.

hollywood
11-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Need a poll mods!

Carthage posters have been awfully quite this season. Wonder if the inconsistency on protecting the ball has presented some concerns.

Never the less, this should be the game of the week in Reg 3. Navasota is loaded with young talent. They will give Carthage a good test. I think the winner of this one goes to Jerry World representing the South in D1.

SHSBulldog00
11-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Need a poll mods!

Got it.

hollywood
11-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Got it.

Nice, thanks very much.

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2013, 12:23 PM
If Navasota hopes to get pass the second round, we will have to limit Carthage on offense. Navasota's offense, which has greatly improved this fall, will have to have consistent drives minus all the turnovers that we saw in the Fairfield game. I can say that Navasota's offensive line is playing really well which is allowing QB Epler time to find his receivers. What worries me about Navasota offense is their youth. We can't afford to have the defense on the field all night. Consistency will be key.

On defense, we have been solid all year but Carthage's offense may be the best that Navasota has seen all year including Fairfield and Robinson. I think that we did a pretty good job in both the Fairfield loss and the Robinson game. Of course, the Eagles beat us 44-24 but I wouldn't have expect anything less considering the 6 tunrovers. And, the Rockets had been avg well over 50+ points a game.

From what I know about the Rattlers and from what I've read about Carthage, it will definitely come down to the defense.

Dawgs
11-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Need a poll mods!

Carthage posters have been awfully quite this season. Wonder if the inconsistency on protecting the ball has presented some concerns.

Never the less, this should be the game of the week in Reg 3. Navasota is loaded with young talent. They will give Carthage a good test. I think the winner of this one goes to Jerry World representing the South in D1.

I have seen 2 post about ball protection. Not sure what that is about. Carthage has done a good job protecting the ball this season. That was last season we were having turnover issues. This should be a good game between 2 good teams. I haven't seen Navasota, so I can't comment too much. Carthage is loaded on offense, and us really strong in the offensive line. Defense is improving every week. I have heard rumors, that the Carthage coaching staff doesn't think this game should be a problem. We will see Friday night.

Txbroadcaster
11-17-2013, 12:28 PM
If Carthage does not turn the ball over I am not sure there is a team in 3A that can beat them..but the fumbles have been killer

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2013, 12:28 PM
I have seen 2 post about ball protection. Not sure what that is about. Carthage has done a good job protecting the ball this season. That was last season we were having turnover issues. This should be a good game between 2 good teams. I haven't seen Navasota, so I can't comment too much. Carthage is loaded on offense, and us really strong in the offensive line. Defense is improving every week. I have heard rumors, that the Carthage coaching staff doesn't think this game should be a problem. We will see Friday night.

Thanks for the bulletin board material.. I'm sure that they didn't think Jasper would be a problem either.?

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Early forecast is calling for a 60% chance of rain and lows in the 40s.

Dawgs
11-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the bulletin board material.. I'm sure that they didn't think Jasper would be a problem either.?

I'm not sure it was too much of a problem. They came out and punched in the mouth, went up 14-0. We came back and won the game 41-26. So that means after it was 14-0 Jasper, Carthage bowed there neck and out scored them 41-12. They had a running back that looked like Earl Campbell!!! Sure he rushed for 300 yards, doesn't matter. Nice reach though. Fairfield said hello. BTW Jasper beat Palestine in the first round of the playoffs, so it wasn't like we struggled against Center :).

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2013, 12:52 PM
I'm not sure it was too much of a problem. They came out and punched in the mouth, went up 14-0. We came back and won the game 41-26. So that means after it was 14-0 Jasper, Carthage bowed there neck and out scored them 41-12. They had a running back that looked like Earl Campbell!!! Sure he rushed for 300 yards, doesn't matter. Nice reach though. Fairfield said hello. BTW Jasper beat Palestine in the first round of the playoffs, so it wasn't like we struggled against Center :).

Oh damn, I think that I struck a nerve. Don't get your panties in a WAD. Whitehouse and El Campo sends their hellos too.

I know what Jasper did. A game that went back and forth all night. But, yes, you are correct, Jasper did beat Palestine. So did Fairfield, 54-0.

Thanks for the update.

I think that it is really foolish for the Carthage coaching staff and anyone for that matter to think that they won't have much of a problem in a playoff game in which you are playing the defending state champs, who are 10-1, a team that has lost 3-4 times in the last 3 years. Not saying that Carthage won't win. But, I sure hope that Carthage kids gets that drilled into their head that Navasota doesn't pose any threat and gets popped right in the mouth like Jasper did. Remember, Navasota ain't Jasper.

Anytime that a team plays sound defense, they have a chance. You're from "East Texas" home of all the speed, you should know that.

Dawgs
11-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Oh damn, I think that I struck a nerve. Don't get your panties in a WAD. Hello from Whitehouse and El Campo too..

I know what Jasper did. A game that went back and forth all night. But, yes, you are correct, Jasper did beat Palestine. So did Fairfield, 54-0.

Thanks for the update.

Anytime that a team plays sound defense, they have a chance. You're from "East Texas" home of all the speed, you should know that.

Haha...You didn't strike a nerve. As far as Whitehouse is concerned, they gave us a good Ol fashioned beat down. Remember that we were up on them 39-20 in the third quarter, but a couple of mistakes and the game got out of hand. That is a good team with 3-4 D1 athletes, and one of the top QB in the state. They also have double the enrollment of Carthage. Our kids got tired, and they took advantage of that. El Campo was last season, so lol. That is the best you can do? You guys had a special season last year, congrats. I say this group of seniors on offense that have been starters since there sophomore year when they took Argyle to overtime, will find a way to win. Get ready for some vertical football. You will know the names Tee Goree & Okerrion Rutherford by the end of the night.

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Haha...You didn't strike a nerve. As far as Whitehouse is concerned, they gave us a good Ol fashioned beat down. Remember that we were up on them 39-20 in the third quarter, but a couple of mistakes and the game got out of hand. That is a good team with 3-4 D1 athletes, and one of the top QB in the state. They also have double the enrollment of Carthage. Our kids got tired, and they took advantage of that. El Campo was last season, so lol. That is the best you can do? You guys had a special season last year, congrats. I say this group of seniors on offense that have been starters since there sophomore year when they took Argyle to overtime, will find a way to win. Get ready for some vertical football. You will know the names Tee Goree & Okerrion Rutherford by the end of the night.

Thank you for the info and the excuses. See you Friday.

Dawgs
11-17-2013, 01:20 PM
Oh damn, I think that I struck a nerve. Don't get your panties in a WAD. Whitehouse and El Campo sends their hellos too.

Thanks for the update.

I think that it is really foolish for the Carthage coaching staff and anyone for that matter to think that they won't have much of a problem in a playoff game in which you are playing the defending state champs, who are 10-1, a team that has lost 3-4 times in the last 3 years. Not saying that Carthage won't win. But, I sure hope that Carthage kids gets that drilled into their head that Navasota doesn't pose any threat and gets popped right in the mouth like Jasper did. Remember, Navasota ain't Jasper.

Sounds like I was the one who struck a nerve :). Yes I am sure that's what our coaching staff is telling our kids. Please don't be silly. You keep on talking about Jasper. I'm not following. Yes, you are right Navasota is not Jasper. Let me let you in on another secret, Navasota ain't Carthage. Ill say it again, you guys had a special season last year. We have had a special 7 years. Carthage does not go home in the second round, and I wouldn't expect them to start this year. As I have said I haven't seen Navasota this year, but people that have seem to think we won't have a problem winning. I don't think I am saying Navasota won't pose a threat to Carthage, I think it means that if Carthage executes we should win the game.

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Sounds like I was the one who struck a nerve :). Yes I am sure that's what our coaching staff is telling our kids. Please don't be silly. You keep on talking about Jasper. I'm not following. Yes, you are right Navasota is not Jasper. Let me let you in on another secret, Navasota ain't Carthage. Ill say it again, you guys had a special season last year. We have had a special 7 years. Carthage does not go home in the second round, and I wouldn't expect them to start this year. As I have said I haven't seen Navasota this year, but people that have seem to think we won't have a problem winning. I don't think I am saying Navasota won't pose a threat to Carthage, I think it means that if Carthage executes we should win the game.

FIY, Navasota has played Thanksgiving week for the past 6 years. Meaning Regional Championship or better. And, the folks who are saying that are from where again? Let me guess, good old East Texas. LOL. What team ever stands a chance against East Texas Speed?

Again, see you Friday.

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2013, 01:35 PM
nvm.

bearbear78
11-17-2013, 01:56 PM
42-27 Carthage

vtskneb
11-17-2013, 02:16 PM
If Carthage does not turn the ball over I am not sure there is a team in 3A that can beat them..but the fumbles have been killer

You are who you are. Ask those Rider teams from 06-08.

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Ok, I am hearing that the scoreboard will be checked tomorrow. If the scoreboard remains an issue, the game could be moved to Huntsville.

I am guessing Saturday night with games already scheduled on Friday and Saturday at 2pm.

Huntsville would be good for Navasota fans considering it is only 40 minutes away.

JBulldawg
11-17-2013, 02:48 PM

Carthage does not go home in 2nd Rd? Ever?

Dawgs
11-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Carthage does not go home in 2nd Rd? Ever?

Not since Scott Surratt has been the HC...

adoptedbuckeye
11-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Ok, I am hearing that the scoreboard will be checked tomorrow. If the scoreboard remains an issue, the game could be moved to Huntsville.

I am guessing Saturday night with games already scheduled on Friday and Saturday at 2pm.

Huntsville would be good for Navasota fans considering it is only 40 minutes away.

I can think of plenty of places that would be good for us to drive to lol...Lufkin, Nac, Palestine, Tyler! Corsicana and/or Huntsville is a pretty good haul from up here, and with either of those locations Saturday would definitely be ideal. Which team gets home side in this game?

oldtownag
11-17-2013, 04:07 PM

I don't think Carthage has had a problem with turnovers this year.

oldtownag
11-17-2013, 04:10 PM
I can think of plenty of places that would be good for us to drive to lol...Lufkin, Nac, Palestine, Tyler! Corsicana and/or Huntsville is a pretty good haul from up here, and with either of those locations Saturday would definitely be ideal. Which team gets home side in this game?

Carthage likes to play in Corsicana.

Pudlugger
11-17-2013, 05:02 PM

Thanks for the update.

:clap::clap: This thread is going to be fun. I'm taking Navasota by 13.

striker
11-17-2013, 05:19 PM
Navasota is the HOME team in this game.

Dawgs
11-17-2013, 07:57 PM
I don't think Carthage has had a problem with turnovers this year.

Everyone in this thread seems to think Carthage has a turnover problem, besides the people who attend the games :)

SHSBulldog00
11-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Still Friday 7:30pm Tiger Stadium, Corsicana as of 4:30pm Sunday

bansheefan03
11-17-2013, 08:16 PM
Carthage has seemed to fix the turnovers this season only problems they have really had is kick off coverage and being able to punch it in inside there own ten I bet we have been stopped prolly ten times this season with 4 downs inside the ten that was one reason that jasper jumped to a 14 point lead on us they stopped us twice inside the five

Pudlugger
11-17-2013, 08:43 PM
Carthage has seemed to fix the turnovers this season only problems they have really had is kick off coverage and being able to punch it in inside there own ten I bet we have been stopped prolly ten times this season with 4 downs inside the ten that was one reason that jasper jumped to a 14 point lead on us they stopped us twice inside the five

Kinda surprised to hear that as I've heard that the Bulldog O line is very big and physical.

Dawgs
11-17-2013, 08:57 PM
Kinda surprised to hear that as I've heard that the Bulldog O line is very big and physical.

Not knocking our coaching staff at all, but we seem to get a little pass happy down close IMO. We have a 6'6 receiver who is awesome, but I think we try to force the ball to him at times. Alot of it this season I'm sure has been preparing for the playoffs. He should be unstoppable in the redzone, and I am sure that's what the coaching staff has been working on.

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2013, 09:20 PM

Yeah I know.. Just the location that I'm hearing.

For me, Corsicana would be ideal coming from Dallas.

Roughneck93
11-17-2013, 09:50 PM

For selfish reasons, I wouldn't mind if this game was played in Huntsville on Saturday night.

Would love to be in attendance for this one.

cowboyandchrist
Need a poll mods!

Normally I would say no way the Rattlers could beat my Dawgs and they won't if they can keep up on the score board. My Dawgs will score and often. The only thing that keeps me from being 100 % sure is our defense. We had 4A number # 3 ranked White House down by 19 in the 3rd quarter and got beat. I stopped by Navasota one day last week on my way to Hockley Texas and watched the Rattlers practice. They were impressive, but I saw nothing that would convince me they will beat my Dawgs. I will agree the winner goes to Jerry world. We have many three year starters on the O side of the ball and they will score, question is can the Rattlers score with them. The Rattlers will see the best O line they have seen all year. They are very big, very strong, and very quick. Good luck to the Rattlers and I pray no one gets hurt because who ever wins this game, they will need everyone to make it to the big dance.

Rocket Man
Yeah I know.. Just the location that I'm hearing.

For me, Corsicana would be ideal coming from Dallas.

If the venue does change, umm...Floyd Casey would be perfect!! :)

I hated to see the Rockets lose, but y'all were the better team.

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2013, 09:57 PM
Normally I would say no way the Rattlers could beat my Dawgs and they won't if they can keep up on the score board. My Dawgs will score and often. The only thing that keeps me from being 100 % sure is our defense. We had 4A number # 3 ranked White House down by 19 in the 3rd quarter and got beat. I stopped by Navasota one day last week on my way to Hockley Texas and watched the Rattlers practice. They were impressive, but I saw nothing that would convince me they will beat my Dawgs. I will agree the winner goes to Jerry world. We have many three year starters on the O side of the ball and they will score, question is can the Rattlers score with them. The Rattlers will see the best O line they have seen all year. They are very big, very strong, and very quick. Good luck to the Rattlers and I pray no one gets hurt because who ever wins this game, they will need everyone to make it to the big dance.

BINGO.. That is the biggest question. Can Navasota keep pace with the Bulldogs scoring? Our offense has improved drastically since the Coldspring game and the Fairfield loss. But, I'm not sure if we can outscore the Bulldogs.

Our defense will have to bring it up a level or two.. Get some stops and some turnovers. Hey, it's the playoffs, you never know what will happen.

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2013, 09:57 PM
If the venue does change, umm...Floyd Casey would be perfect!! :)

I hated to see the Rockets lose, but y'all were the better team.

We have bad memories at Floyd Casey..

troop6
11-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Our defense will also have to bring it up a level or three...

Pudlugger
11-18-2013, 12:03 AM

Jerry World is pretty far away right now doncha know? Best just concentrate on winning this game. There are some teams in R4 who might spoil yall's plans. Just sayin'.:stirpot:

OldBison75
11-18-2013, 01:03 AM
This should be a very good game. Both teams have shown the ability to score--pretty much at will--if they control the turnovers. The biggest difference is the Carthage offense has been together as pretty much the same unit for two years. The Rattler offense is pretty young at the skill positions, but has shown that they can make things happen. Defensively, I think the Rattlers have the advantage. They have proven that if the offense can give them some rest by making a few first downs, they can be pretty salty. They certainly have the speed on defense to keep up with most any offense.

I am a homer of course, but also a realist. I still think the Rattlers will win this game, but I don't believe it will be the high scoring game that most believe may happen. I see this as a game of who makes the fewest mistakes and who makes the big play on third downs.

My prediction: Navasota 28
Carthage 21

K-MAC Chuck
11-18-2013, 08:13 AM
Need a poll mods!

Need a poll...P-L-E-A-S-E... :) lol
Thanks Bulldog for making the poll

BB BULLS
11-18-2013, 09:10 AM
the Rattlers will not give up with out fight. them Dawgs better be ready. better not let the rattlers get the lead early or it will be a long night IMO. before anyone ask no i have not seen Carthage play year this is just IMO.

waterboy
11-18-2013, 09:45 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing this one. This game should tell us a lot about the levels of competition each team has been playing. It's too close to call for me. This game could any of a number of directions, but the victor will likely have to score 30+ points, in my opinion. Navasota's defense is good enough to possibly hold Carthage under that, but will their offense be good enough to score that many? I don't know, to be honest. As much as I would like to say Carthage will win, if I had to bet I'd say Navasota wins by a TD or less.

Dawgs
11-18-2013, 09:54 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing this one. This game should tell us a lot about the levels of competition each team has been playing. It's too close to call for me. This game could any of a number of directions, but the victor will likely have to score 30+ points, in my opinion. Navasota's defense is good enough to possibly hold Carthage under that, but will their offense be good enough to score that many? I don't know, to be honest. As much as I would like to say Carthage will win, if I had to bet I'd say Navasota wins by a TD or less.

Just curious why if you had to bet would you bet Navasota? Have you seen either team play, or does this stem from last season? I wouldn't be surprised if Sota won, but if I had to bet I would bet on a D1 QB, not a first year starting sophomore. I think that's the difference in this game, but everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Sville
11-18-2013, 09:57 AM
Is Sota's #68 healthy? That young man was an absolute beast in the championship game last year and a difference maker.

adoptedbuckeye
11-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Is Sota's #68 healthy? That young man was an absolute beast in the championship game last year and a difference maker.

He was on a different level

waterboy
11-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Just curious why if you had to bet would you bet Navasota? Have you seen either team play, or does this stem from last season? I wouldn't be surprised if Sota won, but if I had to bet I would bet on a D1 QB, not a first year starting sophomore. I think that's the difference in this game, but everybody is entitled to their opinion.

To be honest, I haven't seen either team play this year. I have some friends in Carthage that are at least "worried" about this one. That doesn't mean they won't win. I'm just saying I wouldn't be "surprised" at the outcome of this game either way, unless it is a blowout. I hope Carthage can get it done. If the Dawgs win this one, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in Jerry's World on December 20th. Good luck to the Dawgs.

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2013, 12:20 PM

Yes, he's healthy.

venomous tat2
11-18-2013, 01:04 PM

So were you the one who had his rigg parked in the middle turning lane watching the Rattlers lol. This game for booth teams is EXECUTE or get EXECUTED. When we played Carthage back in 94 I think, the scouting report said Carthage was to much to handle , they had a running back that was the real deal and they were the #1 team in 4A. The winner will be who want it the most and will represent Reg III for another State Title.

ctown81
11-18-2013, 01:34 PM
So were you the one who had his rigg parked in the middle turning lane watching the Rattlers lol. This game for booth teams is EXECUTE or get EXECUTED. When we played Carthage back in 94 I think, the scouting report said Carthage was to much to handle , they had a running back that was the real deal and they were the #1 team in 4A. The winner will be who want it the most and will represent Reg III for another State Title.

Wish the scouting report would have showed Navasota running the option, b/c Carthage sure as hell acted like they had never seen it before.

WOS1
11-18-2013, 02:21 PM
I will agree the winner goes to Jerry world.

Not so fast, my friend! There is a team in SE Texas with an offense to finally match their defense! :tisk:

Rocket Man
11-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Is the game still scheduled for Corsicana?

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2013, 03:57 PM
Is the game still scheduled for Corsicana?

From last report, yes.

oldtownag
11-18-2013, 06:10 PM
I can't believe I am gonna miss this one. I'm instead going to the LSU vs. A&M game on Saturday. Good luck Dawgs. Hope to see ya next week.

Rocket Man
11-18-2013, 06:20 PM
Not so fast, my friend! There is a team in SE Texas with an offense to finally match their defense! :tisk:

Very valid point!

hollywood
11-18-2013, 07:08 PM

Very valid point WOS1. This may be the season WOS has their best chance to advance to the big show in Dec. Last season most knew Navasota and Stephenville were the superior teams in 3A, just so happened they were in D1 and D2. This year, there are several teams that are contenders.

Dawgs
11-18-2013, 08:49 PM
To be honest, I haven't seen either team play this year. I have some friends in Carthage that are at least "worried" about this one. That doesn't mean they won't win. I'm just saying I wouldn't be "surprised" at the outcome of this game either way, unless it is a blowout. I hope Carthage can get it done. If the Dawgs win this one, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in Jerry's World on December 20th. Good luck to the Dawgs.

I agree, that would be a huge surprise if either team won by blowout. I dont know alot about Navasota this year, except what I see on this forum. This group of seniors from Carthage have accomplised alot, but have not been able to win the big one. Most have been starters since they were sophomores. Hopefully they can cement their legacy as one of the best classes to come through...They definitley have the records, now they just need the hardware. Win or lose should be a great game, and it has been alot of fun watching this offensive group grow up over the last 3 years. The homer in me says our senior laden offense will be too much for the Rattlers (or any other team :) ), but we will know after Friday night. IMO it is too early in the playoffs for 2 teams of this caliber to meet, but hey, to be the best you gotta beat the best. Also good luck to Gilmer in there playoff run. if everything sets up right should be an epic battle with Argyle next Friday.

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2013, 09:45 PM
I agree, that would be a huge surprise if either team won by blowout. I dont know alot about Navasota this year, except what I see on this forum. This group of seniors from Carthage have accomplised alot, but have not been able to win the big one. Most have been starters since they were sophomores. Hopefully they can cement their legacy as one of the best classes to come through...They definitley have the records, now they just need the hardware. Win or lose should be a great game, and it has been alot of fun watching this offensive group grow up over the last 3 years. The homer in me says our senior laden offense will be too much for the Rattlers (or any other team :) ), but we will know after Friday night. IMO it is too early in the playoffs for 2 teams of this caliber to meet, but hey, to be the best you gotta beat the best. Also good luck to Gilmer in there playoff run. if everything sets up right should be an epic battle with Argyle next Friday.

I agree, way too early for Navasota/Carthage to be playing.

j_dog
11-18-2013, 10:23 PM

Talking about Jasper? :stirpot:

j_dog
11-18-2013, 10:24 PM
I agree, way too early for Navasota/Carthage to be playing.
Thank goodness it was not Jasper this year. Jasper paid their dues with Navasota in this round last year.

bird_fan
11-19-2013, 11:39 AM

Thanks for the update.

The dawg claimed El Campo would be rout. Saying things like the Hardest part would be making the trip to Beumont or El Campo should just forfiet the game to save embarrasmentof playing thegame and guess what happened

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2013, 12:20 PM
The dawg claimed El Campo would be rout. Saying things like the Hardest part would be making the trip to Beumont or El Campo should just forfiet the game to save embarrasmentof playing thegame and guess what happened

The very reason we play the game.

Dawgs
11-19-2013, 12:55 PM

I don't think anybody ever claimed that. We thought we would win last year but couldn't get it done when in mattered. If we turn the ball over like we did against El Campo, then we will go home early. Hey look on the bright side, we let you guys get in the record books by getting 70 put on the Rice Birds. Maybe you guys can come to Corsicana and root for Navasota, since you don't have a game to go to.

oldtownag
11-19-2013, 12:55 PM

Carthage fumbled and El Campo took advantage.

hollywood
11-19-2013, 01:33 PM
I don't think anybody ever claimed that. We thought we would win last year but couldn't get it done when in mattered. If we turn the ball over like we did against El Campo, then we will go home early. Hey look on the bright side, we let you guys get in the record books by getting 70 put on the Rice Birds. Maybe you guys can come to Corsicana and root for Navasota, since you don't have a game to go to.

Who the heck put 70 on the birds?? Buncha bullies is what they were!

refereedoc
11-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Who the heck put 70 on the birds?? Buncha bullies is what they were!

:fnypost:

db1980
11-19-2013, 01:47 PM

Thanks for the update.

I can assure you that the Carthage coaching staff wouldn't be going around town spreading stuff like that. I've never heard anything of the such since Surratt has been there. You can bet they have plenty of respect for the defending state champs.

db1980
11-19-2013, 01:51 PM
Not since Scott Surratt has been the HC...

Liberty Hill 2007

Dawgs
11-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Liberty Hill 2007

2nd round?

Dawgs
11-19-2013, 01:57 PM
I can assure you that the Carthage coaching staff wouldn't be going around town spreading stuff like that. I've never heard anything of the such since Surratt has been there. You can bet they have plenty of respect for the defending state champs.

Of course they are not spreading stuff like that around town, especially not Surratt. I think the word is that if we excute our game plan, and these boys play to full potential, then we should win this one going away. I'm positive Surratt wouldn't say anything of the sort. I do know that our coaching staff is as confident in this group as they have been at this point in the season of any of the other groups to come through in this era. That is a fact. If we make mistakes, and Sota doesn't then we will surly go home un the 2nd round, but you can say that about most 2nd round playoff games. Most of the cupcakes have aired up basketballs.

db1980
11-19-2013, 02:02 PM
2nd round?

In Mesquite I believe. 2nd but no later than 3rd.

Dawgs
11-19-2013, 02:39 PM
I was at that game...Those were some bad boys. Never knew who had the ball!!! Hard to watch, but very effective. Was that the last year they won state?

cowboyandchrist
11-19-2013, 04:50 PM

No, was not me. I stopped by again yesterday and the Rattlers looked ready to play. I know my Dawgs are and will be ready on Friday. Going to be one dang good football game. To the people that keep talking about the Jasper game and the Ricebirds of last year. Jasper is still playing, the Ricebirds are sitting at home this week, so how do they factor into this GAME. What you can do is ask the Jasper folks about the Dawgs. Like I have told you people before, some get it, some don't. The Dawgs are different from any team I have ever watched. They change gears in the playoffs. Last week 1st gear and this week second gear. The Rattlers are for real, they proved that last year and this year, they are 10 and 1 for a reason. My Dawgs have proven it for the last 7 years, three state championships and one semi final. Two big time programs butting heads Friday night. Do I believe my Dawgs will win, yes I do. Can they get beat by the Rattlers, yes they can. I am glad this game is this week. To be the best, you have to beat the best. God Bless and pray no injuries.

hollywood
11-19-2013, 05:13 PM
No, was not me. I stopped by again yesterday and the Rattlers looked ready to play. I know my Dawgs are and will be ready on Friday. Going to be one dang good football game. To the people that keep talking about the Jasper game and the Ricebirds of last year. Jasper is still playing, the Ricebirds are sitting at home this week, so how do they factor into this GAME. What you can do is ask the Jasper folks about the Dawgs. Like I have told you people before, some get it, some don't. The Dawgs are different from any team I have ever watched. They change gears in the playoffs. Last week 1st gear and this week second gear. The Rattlers are for real, they proved that last year and this year, they are 10 and 1 for a reason. My Dawgs have proven it for the last 7 years, three state championships and one semi final. Two big time programs butting heads Friday night. Do I believe my Dawgs will win, yes I do. Can they get beat by the Rattlers, yes they can. I am glad this game is this week. To be the best, you have to beat the best. God Bless and pray no injuries.

I guess Navasota passed the eye exam, huh cowboy? ;)

bird_fan
11-19-2013, 06:57 PM
yeah everybody (like to throw that at us about the championship game) especially Carthage fans but in 2010 u didnt see ffolks dumping La Marque when Aledo beat them 69- 34 like Cartage fans did us so a game like that can happen TO ANYONE EVEN Carthage
Still Id love to see Navsota vs Carthage and I would have to pick the RED over the Blue this should be the premeir 3 A game i8n the state

iFootball
11-19-2013, 07:07 PM
This is going to be a great game'

Dawgs
11-19-2013, 07:28 PM
yeah everybody (like to throw that at us about the championship game) especially Carthage fans but in 2010 u didnt see ffolks dumping La Marque when Aledo beat them 69- 34 like Cartage fans did us so a game like that can happen TO ANYONE EVEN Carthage
Still Id love to see Navsota vs Carthage and I would have to pick the RED over the Blue this should be the premeir 3 A game i8n the state

Your 100% right. We got 60 hung on us earlier this season. Couple of bad breaks against an explosive offense and it can happen quicker than you think. I think most Carthage fans gave El Campo there due after we played. I cant remember his name, but the DE / TE that went to Rice was the best defensive player I saw last year period (and we watched a SEC starter in Carthage all last season for comparison). Kid was in our backfield all night!

troop6
11-19-2013, 07:56 PM

I agree... To be the best you have to beat the best and IMO Navasota, in 3A DI, is the best because they are the defending state champs! Although Carthage played Mexia last week, it appeared to me that the Dawgs had already shifted into 2nd gear!

Aggie98
11-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Man, this is a game I'd love to be able to attend. Two proud, powerhouse 3A programs fighting for the chance to play next week. It will be a classic, no doubt.

Looks like the weather is going to be pretty nasty Friday, which will probably negate some of the aerial fire power that both of these teams rely on. Looking at the running games... I know Carthage has a dominant offensive line and 2 quality backs in Pipken and Bolten. I don't know much about the 'Sota running game, but I'm assuming they have a pretty good one as well with sophomore Derrion Randle toting the pill. Carthage's run defense is not their strongest attribute, so it'll be interesting to see how this one plays out.

whitelightning5
11-20-2013, 11:50 AM
Man, this is a game I'd love to be able to attend. Two proud, powerhouse 3A programs fighting for the chance to play next week. It will be a classic, no doubt.

Looks like the weather is going to be pretty nasty Friday, which will probably negate some of the aerial fire power that both of these teams rely on. Looking at the running games... I know Carthage has a dominant offensive line and 2 quality backs in Pipken and Bolten. I don't know much about the 'Sota running game, but I'm assuming they have a pretty good one as well with sophomore Derrion Randle toting the pill. Carthage's run defense is not their strongest attribute, so it'll be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Since poor weather usually impacts the offenses more than the defenses, Carthage could be in for a shocker. I haven't seen Carthage on defense, but I know what Navasota brings to the table on that side of the ball. IMO...I've been more impressed with Navasota's defense than I have their offense. Their offense continues to improve, but they are just young and you never know how they will react in this environment.

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Since poor weather usually impacts the offenses more than the defenses, Carthage could be in for a shocker. I haven't seen Carthage on defense, but I know what Navasota brings to the table on that side of the ball. IMO...I've been more impressed with Navasota's defense than I have their offense. Their offense continues to improve, but they are just young and you never know how they will react in this environment.

Great point. This was especially true earlier in the season. As I pointed out in a previous post, the offense, IMO, has improved drastically since the beginning of the season. But, as you stated, they are very young and you never know what will happen will they get out there on the field.

I like to point out that I also mentioned earlier in the season that if the Rattler offense could ever gel, get some consitency, they would be dangerous. Although they aren't up to par with the 2012 Rattlers' offense, combine that with the Rattler defense, they are a good team. At times they are really good.

1971Coogs
11-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Navasota..starting to roll again.

1st and goal
11-20-2013, 08:13 PM
Yes, I think the weather will play havoc. I sure wish I could watch this game in person. My pick of the week for the whole state.

regaleagle
11-21-2013, 05:19 AM
I had Carthage in my bracket going to Jerryworld knowing full well this game would happen. However, now that the weather becomes a factor, I believe this game will be much closer but Carthage is still able to pull it out. It can be a dangerous thing to rely on a high-scoring quick-strike offense to carry your team to victory each week this time of the year. Argyle had that one year and found out how the weather impacted the outcome of the SC game in Tyler at Rose Stadium. Just nasty wet freezing weather on a Friday nite for the State Championship against an undefeated Newton team that primarily ran the ball. It was 28-0 at half, but the weather subsided in the 2nd half, and the score ended up 28-21. That was a great game. So the moral of the story is this: there's lots of things that can get in the way of a State Championship run....a bad weather game being one of them. I still believe that Carthage will play its most complete game of the season this week....regardless. They may have to in order to win this one.

HEMOTOXIC
11-21-2013, 11:31 AM
http://www.brazossports.com/football/article_2fde10d0-ded9-5cfb-8662-e68470951817.html

Navasota Rattlers vs. Carthage Bulldogs

Region III-3A Division I area

Corsicana Tiger Stadium, 7:30 p.m.

Coaches: Lee Fedora 139-54-1 (81-28 at Navasota); Scott Surratt 83-15 (83-15 at Carthage)

Records: Navasota 10-1 (4-0 in 18-3A); Carthage 10-1 (4-0 in 20-3A)

Last year: did not meet

Last week: Navasota 31, Robinson 7; Carthage 49, Mexia 6

Streaks: Navasota 6 wins; Carthage 6 wins

Radio: 1550 AM KWBC

Harris Ratings pick: Carthage by 7 points

Notes: In the win over Robinson, Tren'Davion Dickson (36 receptions, 807 yards, 13 TDs in 2013) caught five passes for 113 yards and two touchdowns. In the victory over Mexia, Carthage scored five touchdowns in the first 10 minutes. Quarterback Blake Bogenschutz threw four touchdown passes. He has 44 this season, a single-season school record for the Bulldogs.

Next: The winner will face either Silsbee (8-2) or Stafford (9-1), who play at 7 p.m. Friday at Humble's Turner Stadium

itmoney100
11-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Listen to the guys at etsn.fm discuss the upcoming game between Carthage and Navasota. http://etsn.fm/etsn-fm-area-round-playoff-podcast-discussing-carthage-navasota-whitehouse-sulphur-springs-more-audio/

HEMOTOXIC
11-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Looks like the rain chances have been lowered a tad.

For Corsicana, game time conditions as forecasted by the TWC

38-39 degrees around kickoff with a 40% chance of "few showers" and a NNW at 15 mph.

Hopefully the heaviest of the rain will pass tonight and early Friday morning.

hollywood
11-21-2013, 12:04 PM
The magnitude of this match up and the quality of football this game will present has me seriously considering a drive over to Corsicana to watch. It will be an instant classic for sure.

I picked Carthage to go to Jerry World as well, but you never know when a team as good as Navasota will present enough challenge to do the same. Hmmm, this would also be a chance to meet some of the Carthage and Navasota posters.

On a side note: I think the winner of this game will face the winner of Stephenville/Kilgore for the SC. I'd give Stephenville the edge, simply for homer reasons. But I've also seen Kilgore this season and IMO, they didn't look as strong as last years team... offense looked better, defense looked not as strong. Stephenville's offense not as strong passing but much stronger running, defense stronger. Edge, Stephenville. ;)

OldBison75
11-21-2013, 12:11 PM
I had Carthage in my bracket going to Jerryworld knowing full well this game would happen. However, now that the weather becomes a factor, I believe this game will be much closer but Carthage is still able to pull it out. It can be a dangerous thing to rely on a high-scoring quick-strike offense to carry your team to victory each week this time of the year. Argyle had that one year and found out how the weather impacted the outcome of the SC game in Tyler at Rose Stadium. Just nasty wet freezing weather on a Friday nite for the State Championship against an undefeated Newton team that primarily ran the ball. It was 28-0 at half, but the weather subsided in the 2nd half, and the score ended up 28-21. That was a great game. So the moral of the story is this: there's lots of things that can get in the way of a State Championship run....a bad weather game being one of them. I still believe that Carthage will play its most complete game of the season this week....regardless. They may have to in order to win this one.

It may not make any difference, but just a note to all those that have not seen Navasota play this year. There is a bunch of people that are concerned about the weather having too big an effect on the Rattler offense because of the passing and quick strike approach. Don't overlook that the Rattlers have scored 68 touchdowns this year--28 passing and 35 rushing. The other 5 came on returns. Navasota can run the ball--with three backs averaging over 7 yards per carry.

hollywood
11-21-2013, 12:21 PM
It may not make any difference, but just a note to all those that have not seen Navasota play this year. There is a bunch of people that are concerned about the weather having too big an effect on the Rattler offense because of the passing and quick strike approach. Don't overlook that the Rattlers have scored 68 touchdowns this year--28 passing and 35 rushing. The other 5 came on returns. Navasota can run the ball--with three backs averaging over 7 yards per carry.

Very good points Bison. I think most that know these 2 teams the best are the posters from there. I know both teams can pass and run effectively just from reading posts and looking at stats. Which team will be able to do it the best and protect the ball is to be determined. The weather WILL play a huge roll in this game. The ball becomes harder, the players fingers can go numb, and the harder ball will bounce even more funny than normal. I am expecting a slug fest though. Primarily a lower scoring game.

itmoney100
11-21-2013, 12:56 PM
If you're looking for stats on both teams check this
article out. http://etsn.fm/carthage-navasota-collide-in-massive-second-round-showdown-of-state-powers/

HEMOTOXIC
11-21-2013, 01:00 PM
Wow, one more day before the big ball game..

Time to find my winter clothes..

87 TIGER
11-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Rattlers!!!!!

OldBison75
11-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Very good points Bison. I think most that know these 2 teams the best are the posters from there. I know both teams can pass and run effectively just from reading posts and looking at stats. Which team will be able to do it the best and protect the ball is to be determined. The weather WILL play a huge roll in this game. The ball becomes harder, the players fingers can go numb, and the harder ball will bounce even more funny than normal. I am expecting a slug fest though. Primarily a lower scoring game.

Hollywood, I agree with everything you said. I am not positive the Rattlers can pull this game off, but, I have seen some real flashes of brilliance this year from this team. They have had some bad times too though. This team has not been the special team the Rattlers had last year. What I will say is that with Fedora coaching, I will never count my Rattlers out of any game. With the exception of the Fairfield game, the Rattlers have had no issues with turnovers to speak of. If the youth can make a few plays, this will be a great game to watch. I still believe the winner could only have to score 24 points.

oldtownag
11-21-2013, 01:52 PM
Good article:

http://etsn.fm/carthage-navasota-collide-in-massive-second-round-showdown-of-state-powers/

OldBison75
11-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Exceptional article on this game. No arguments with anything they said. Gonna be a great game in football weather--cold, crisp, and equally a problem for both teams.

Aggie98
11-22-2013, 08:55 AM
I bet they're nervouse as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rockers in Carthage and Navasota right now.

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2013, 08:58 AM
I bet they're nervouse as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rockers in Carthage and Navasota right now.

I'm sure. I'm really excited about this matchup. This should be a fun game.

Looks like we won't be getting all the rain that was previously predicted.

It will be cold, windy and the rain chances have now dropped to 40-50% of off and on rain showers.

Safe traveling for all fans of the game tonight.

Go Snakes!

whitelightning5
11-22-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm sure. I'm really excited about this matchup. This should be a fun game.

Looks like we won't be getting all the rain that was previously predicted.

It will be cold, windy and the rain chances have now dropped to 40-50% of off and on rain showers.

Safe traveling for all fans of the game tonight.

Go Snakes!

I'm wearing BLUE today. Go Rattlers. Shut some folks up.

Dawgs
11-22-2013, 10:31 AM

Definitely doesn't feel like a second round playoff matchup. I think our boys get it done tonight, but then again I am a bonafide homer! Our offense will be too much for Navasota. I am going out on a limb, and say our defense shakes up the young Rattlers offense, and causes a few turnovers early. Safe travels to everyone, and hope we see a good clean game with no injuries. I will be back either way to bask in glory, or have my crow in defeat. May the best team win!

adoptedbuckeye
11-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Good luck to everyone, but I hope Carthage brings this one back to the dawg house with a win. We just decided we couldn't make it tonight, too much going on. I hope it's an epic game

BB BULLS
11-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Rattlers by 10

hollywood
11-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Dawgs by 10

BB BULLS
11-22-2013, 11:33 AM
where is the best place to listen to the game on the web? i know some are really good and some are really bad. NO-NO hollywood rattlers by 10 you cant copy me you got to go higher or lower hahahahaha just kidding

Dawgs
11-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Dawgs by 10

Dawgs by 21. We pull away in the 4th :stirpot:

BB BULLS
11-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Dawgs by 21. We pull away in the 4th :stirpot:

you have drinking that East Texas cool aid this morning i guess. Rattlers by 10. they will get a def score

Dawgs
11-22-2013, 11:46 AM
you have drinking that East Texas cool aid this morning i guess. Rattlers by 10. they will get a def score

Haha, I drank the ETX kool aid a long time ago, but I had about a half gallon this morning when I rolled out of bed! Game is close at half. Carthage wears them down in the 4th, Carthage O-Line dominates the 2nd half. Your right, it won't be 21...We will go for 2 on one of the 3 touchdowns. Carthage by 22! Lmao. This is going to be a good one!

BB BULLS
11-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Haha, I drank the ETX kool aid a long time ago, but I had about a half gallon this morning when I rolled out of bed! Game is close at half. Carthage wears them down in the 4th, Carthage O-Line dominates the 2nd half. Your right, it won't be 21...We will go for 2 on one of the 3 touchdowns. Carthage by 22! Lmao. This is going to be a good one!

to be honest i hope it is not a close game either way, because imo it can be harder on the kids if they lose by 1 or 3 than it would be to get blowed out. you know how it is when you lose a close one it's what if this, what if that. they think about longer. but thats just imo. you all can call me crazy all you want.

whitelightning5
11-22-2013, 11:59 AM
to be honest i hope it is not a close game either way, because imo it can be harder on the kids if they lose by 1 or 3 than it would be to get blowed out. you know how it is when you lose a close one it's what if this, what if that. they think about longer. but thats just imo. you all can call me crazy all you want.

For the sake of not caring about the outcome...I would love a close game. That is just the football fan coming out in me. I do understand what it means to lose a really close game though. I'm with you on that logic.

adoptedbuckeye
11-22-2013, 12:11 PM

Right there with you

regaleagle
11-22-2013, 12:34 PM
The weather will keep this score much lower than in great conditions. I'm looking for a score in the 36-29 neighborhood, with Carthage coming out on top. Good luck to both teams tonite. Argyle will have its own battle with Melissa in North Texas weather tonite against a team that is averaging close to 500 yds/game.

JBizzle
11-22-2013, 01:17 PM
I've been nervous all week! The weather will definitely be a factor. I believe in the Dawgs, but respect what I have seen of Navasota!

Hope it is a great game either way!

Go Dawgs!

Gotta start getting dressed now...may take a while to put on all these layers! See y'all at the game!

OldBison75
11-22-2013, 01:26 PM
For any of you guys that have seen Navasota over the last few years I want you to think about what you have seen of this offense during that time. Now think of what you have seen this year. The Rattler offense has been quick strike a lot this year, but, we have only seen about half of the playbook from years past. Partly because of a young QB and receivers. I suspect that the playbook will open to the back this week. Look for Fedora to pull out all the stops and that means that Carthage will see some plays they have not seen on film.

I talked to a player last weekend and he said that this was a game they are looking forward to. He says that this is the game that this year's team has to win to gain statewide respect for this year. They feel they are getting a lot of credit for what last year's seniors did, but want this game to be their identity.

Fedora has them ready to play. They might not win, but this will be the new Rattlers, doing what they do best.

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2013, 01:59 PM
where is the best place to listen to the game on the web? i know some are really good and some are really bad. NO-NO hollywood rattlers by 10 you cant copy me you got to go higher or lower hahahahaha just kidding

www.navasotanews.com

Click listen live top left corner.

BB BULLS
11-22-2013, 02:10 PM
www.navasotanews.com

thank you

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2013, 02:20 PM
thank you

No problem

hollywood
11-22-2013, 02:40 PM
The weather will keep this score much lower than in great conditions. I'm looking for a score in the 36-29 neighborhood, with Carthage coming out on top. Good luck to both teams tonite. Argyle will have its own battle with Melissa in North Texas weather tonite against a team that is averaging close to 500 yds/game.

:iagree:

I think Navasota definetly has the team to beat Carthage, but they will have to play their best game of the season against the more experienced Dawgs. Just my .02.

hollywood
11-22-2013, 02:42 PM
For any of you guys that have seen Navasota over the last few years I want you to think about what you have seen of this offense during that time. Now think of what you have seen this year. The Rattler offense has been quick strike a lot this year, but, we have only seen about half of the playbook from years past. Partly because of a young QB and receivers. I suspect that the playbook will open to the back this week. Look for Fedora to pull out all the stops and that means that Carthage will see some plays they have not seen on film.

I talked to a player last weekend and he said that this was a game they are looking forward to. He says that this is the game that this year's team has to win to gain statewide respect for this year. They feel they are getting a lot of credit for what last year's seniors did, but want this game to be their identity.

Fedora has them ready to play. They might not win, but this will be the new Rattlers, doing what they do best.

That's good stuff right there!!

1st and goal
11-22-2013, 04:42 PM
www.navasotanews.com

you read my mind and answered my question before I could ask it.

Thanks!

1st and goal
11-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Will be listening and rooting for Rattler Nation.

Think this will be a game that'll be decided by turnovers and special teams play in this weather.

itmoney100
11-22-2013, 05:01 PM
http://etsn.fm/carthage-navasota-collide-in-massive-second-round-showdown-of-state-powers/

Aggie98
11-22-2013, 05:12 PM
I am a slight lean towards 'Sota on this one. I think they'll get their fair share of points against the Carthage defense, and I think the Rattler defense plays their best game of the season against a stout Dawg offense. I'll say 28-24 'Sota.

BB BULLS
11-22-2013, 06:11 PM
I will be thinking about all of you out there in the weather be safe. got the pot belly stove rolling with a nice drink just waiting on the game

1st and goal
11-22-2013, 07:59 PM
Doesn't look like the weather will cooperate at all. Appears to be some sleet about couple of counties west of there, and more storms headed in that general direction.

Everybody drive safe. It's a long way from Navasota. I have been in that stadium once before (when Carthage steam rolled Giddings on their way to SC) and it is very nice. IIRC, it has artificial turf and decent lighting. I remember being cold and going way up high to get in the wind cover of the press boxes.

cowboyandchrist
11-22-2013, 10:37 PM
The difference in this game is the O line of Carthage, they are as good as any O line in the state at any classification.

speedbump
11-22-2013, 10:43 PM
The difference in this game is the O line of Carthage, they are as good as any O line in the state at any classification.

LOL And how far does Carthage have to go before they break the all time scoring record?

cowboyandchrist
11-22-2013, 10:54 PM
LOL And how far does Carthage have to go before they break the all time scoring record?

I knew it would not be long before you showed up on the Dawg thread. Glad you here, don't worry the Dawgs will make sure you get four weeks to comment.

cowboyandchrist
11-22-2013, 11:17 PM
Game stats Carthage 512 total yards Navasota 290
330 rushing 202
182 passing 88
26 1st downs 13
Dawgs dominated this game. Navasota scored in 1st at the 5:21 mark and again on the last play of the game. The Dawg O line allowed Boggie to run and throw, cleared big running lanes for Pipkin. The Dawg receivers made big play after big play. T Goree catches pass from Boggie on the three yard line and goes 97 yards The Dawg D has played lights out the last two weeks and are just now hitting their stride. This was second gear for the Dawgs, next week third gear. Don't let anyone tell you Navasota was not a good team, they are very good. They were over matched against a senior laden team. You have to remember this team has many three year starters. Great win Dawgs. The Rattlers will be strong again next year.

Dawgs
11-22-2013, 11:52 PM
Of course they are not spreading stuff like that around town, especially not Surratt. I think the word is that if we excute our game plan, and these boys play to full potential, then we should win this one going away. I'm positive Surratt wouldn't say anything of the sort. I do know that our coaching staff is as confident in this group as they have been at this point in the season of any of the other groups to come through in this era. That is a fact. If we make mistakes, and Sota doesn't then we will surly go home un the 2nd round, but you can say that about most 2nd round playoff games. Most of the cupcakes have aired up basketballs.

Good game Navasota, you guys definitely got some expierence for your young team tonight. An expierenced Carthage team did what they were supposed to do, and dominated. Carthage is for real. Everybody in the state should be aware. We just put up 44 against the Rattlers D. It's on baby!

Dawgs
11-22-2013, 11:54 PM
I am a slight lean towards 'Sota on this one. I think they'll get their fair share of points against the Carthage defense, and I think the Rattler defense plays their best game of the season against a stout Dawg offense. I'll say 28-24 'Sota.

If Carthage put up 44 on Navasota, how many do u think they would put on Kilgore? 70?

OldBison75
11-23-2013, 12:54 AM
As a Rattler poster and fan, I congratulate the Carthage Dawgs on the game they played tonight. The experience really showed up tonight and those long and sustained drives took all the steam outta the Rattler defense. For everyone that questioned the Carthage defense--you better think again. After they adjusted from the first drive, they were pretty damn salty all night.

The Rattlers are young and will be back next year--but for this year, after what I saw tonight, Carthage should be playing in Dallas for the Championship. I believe they can beat any team in the state in 3A.

Rattler fans are pulling for Carthage the rest of the way. Great team, great fans, and great coaching makes for a winning combination.

hollywood
11-23-2013, 01:00 AM
As a Rattler poster and fan, I congratulate the Carthage Dawgs on the game they played tonight. The experience really showed up tonight and those long and sustained drives took all the steam outta the Rattler defense. For everyone that questioned the Carthage defense--you better think again. After they adjusted from the first drive, they were pretty damn salty all night.

The Rattlers are young and will be back next year--but for this year, after what I saw tonight, Carthage should be playing in Dallas for the Championship. I believe they can beat any team in the state in 3A.

Rattler fans are pulling for Carthage the rest of the way. Great team, great fans, and great coaching makes for a winning combination.

Congrats on a good season Navasota. For a rebound year, the Rattlers made a valiant effort and just ran into a more experienced and seasoned team. Navasota will be a force next year!

hollywood
11-23-2013, 01:04 AM
Well folks, it's shaping up to be a what most thought would happen last year. A Stephenville/Carthage state championship. Both still have plenty of football to play. Competition only gets stronger as the season progresses. One game at a time. I guarantee the Ville is cranking up the dial each week just like last year. Carthage appears to be doing the same. May the best teams prevail from here on out.

JBizzle
11-23-2013, 01:06 AM
Congrats to Navasota on a great season. Seem like some really good kids. A lot of times those kind of games can get out of hand and frustrated kids do bad things. Rattlers were composed and carried themselves well all night. Also saw several twitter congrats to our kids. Be proud of your kids, Navasota!

OldBison75
11-23-2013, 01:20 AM
Congrats to Navasota on a great season. Seem like some really good kids. A lot of times those kind of games can get out of hand and frustrated kids do bad things. Rattlers were composed and carried themselves well all night. Also saw several twitter congrats to our kids. Be proud of your kids, Navasota!

Thanks for the compliment my friend. One thing about Coach Fedora is that he teaches kids to win or lose with class. You will also find that Navasota fans have watched a lot of great football over the last seven or eight years and know a great team when we see it. Carthage has the team to win it all.

JBizzle
11-23-2013, 02:08 AM
Here's hoping!

bansheefan03
11-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Carthage completely dominated this game scored every possession except two ran out of time in the first half on one and when the back ups were in on final drive. There d should start getting a little respect since they held them to only 7. Also glad turnovers did not play a part in this game which was a big surprise to me considering the weather other was only one turn over by navasota on a botched kickoff but it did not play a factor since it was at end of game when backups came in

bansheefan03
11-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Would like to hear from navasota who they think is better Carthage r Fairfield ?

venomous tat2
11-23-2013, 02:04 PM
Would like to hear from navasota who they think is better Carthage r Fairfield ?

As a retired Rattler coach I see Carthage as the better team. We had 6 turnovers in the Fairfield game for 21 points take those away it's a 24 - 23 game Navasota. Carthage scored the same 44 points with no turnovers for us. Fairfield has a big O line but Carthage O line is big and better, second Fairfield has big receivers Carthage's are big and real fast. Booth qb's can run and pass. Carthage by 2 td's. I say that because I don't think FF's D can stop Carthage's O

defense51
11-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Congrats to the Dawgs on an impressive win.

bird_fan
11-23-2013, 04:27 PM
After this game I think Carthage should be the team to beat for the championship

hollywood
11-23-2013, 05:12 PM
After this game I think Carthage should be the team to beat for the championship

Defending champ in DII hets beat. Stephenville is the team to beat. Only defending champ still playing. And they are the best 3A team in the state!

ctown81
11-23-2013, 05:22 PM
Defending champ in DII hets beat. Stephenville is the team to beat. Only defending champ still playing. And they are the best 3A team in the state!

Hollywood there is a lot of football to be played but if it ends up being Stephenville/Carthage, I'm going to talk so much trash that week. Just thought I'd warn you, but just to throw something out there. Stephenville is NOT the best team in 3a.

On another note, has Stephenville ever trailed against a 3a opponent since they dropped down?

hollywood
11-23-2013, 06:20 PM
Hollywood there is a lot of football to be played but if it ends up being Stephenville/Carthage, I'm going to talk so much trash that week. Just thought I'd warn you, but just to throw something out there. Stephenville is NOT the best team in 3a.

On another note, has Stephenville ever trailed against a 3a opponent since they dropped down?

ctown81, you are right. There is a lot of football left. But that's what some people said last year about Stephenville not being the best. I know last year is last year, but the point being, they proved a lot of people wrong. They (players and coaches) work as hard or harder than any program in the state. They are the best 3A football team until proven other wise. If they don't, I will absolutely eat my crow.

On your last point, off the top of my head, no. Then again, they could have, but it was a very short time if so. I remember last year they may have trailed in the game vs Glen Rose. I'd have to go back and look. Not this season though.

Edit: Amd good lawd do I hope it happens this year! Talk about trash talk 101!! Lol That will be a fun week. Let's hope it happens!

ccmom
11-23-2013, 07:11 PM
ctown81, you are right. There is a lot of football left. But that's what some people said last year about Stephenville not being the best. I know last year is last year, but the point being, they proved a lot of people wrong. They (players and coaches) work as hard or harder than any program in the state. They are the best 3A football team until proven other wise. If they don't, I will absolutely eat my crow.

On your last point, off the top of my head, no. Then again, they could have, but it was a very short time if so. I remember last year they may have trailed in the game vs Glen Rose. I'd have to go back and look. Not this season though.

Edit: Amd good lawd do I hope it happens this year! Talk about trash talk 101!! Lol That will be a fun week. Let's hope it happens!I think Wylie was up on Stephenville for a millisecond in the second qtr last season. Maybe not quite that long. ;)

cowboyandchrist
11-23-2013, 07:13 PM

I warned you about the storm that is coming, heavy wind came last week, it rained this week, thunder next week, lighting, hail, and finally the tornado. I AGREE the Ville are the champs until someone knocks them off. Good luck to the Ville and my Dawgs. I think everyone would like to see that game, I sure would. God Bless and pray no injuries.
PS There are some good teams still left, I believe the Dawgs can beat them, but beat them they will have to do. No easy teams left, if you make it to Thanksgiving, you can dang sure play ball.

HEMOTOXIC
11-23-2013, 09:59 PM
Congrats Bulldogs on a very good win.

Boy, I froze my ass off. I've never been so cold in my life. I drove all the way back to Addison before I got feeling back in my toes.

Ok, good luck to Carthage. Very efficient offensively. It will take a very good team to knock off the Bulldogs.

Yes we have the best coaching and that's a difference maker. Add that in with the support from the community and a crazy insane work ethic and you got the Top team in the State in 3A.
We have the top QB in the Nation in his class. We don't make mistakes like most teams and execute flawlessly on both sides of the ball the majority of the time. If you beat us you did something.

JBizzle
11-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Yes we have the best coaching and that's a difference maker. Add that in with the support from the community and a crazy insane work ethic and you got the Top team in the State in 3A.
We have the top QB in the Nation in his class. We don't make mistakes like most teams and execute flawlessly on both sides of the ball the majority of the time. If you beat us you did something.

Sooooo, you think Stephenville is pretty good? Is that what I'm getting?

You are perceptive

Manso/V8
11-23-2013, 11:13 PM

Oh, how wonderful. Have they announced the tentative schedule for the championship parade yet?

OldBison75
11-23-2013, 11:36 PM

All I will add to this conversation is that the Ville better be perfect if they face Carthage.

hollywood
11-23-2013, 11:39 PM

Take a little trip to the cowboy capital of the world. While you're here, come watch the workout these young men put in a weeks time and you'll see what the difference is.

hollywood
11-23-2013, 11:42 PM
All I will add to this conversation is that the Ville better be perfect if they face Carthage.

Same for Carthage OldBison75. Stephenville's execution and OL/DL play is above a 3A level. Undefeated versus 3A teams since early 2010.

bansheefan03
11-24-2013, 12:56 AM
Since 2011 brownwood took y'all to the shed in 2010 remember cause that was one of there bragging points of how they were better then Carthage but we see who went on and got a ring

OldBison75
11-24-2013, 01:01 AM
Same for Carthage OldBison75. Stephenville's execution and OL/DL play is above a 3A level. Undefeated versus 3A teams since early 2010.

Oh yes, Hollywood, I think that in a game between these two, it will a game where one mistake like a turnover will be the difference. Hell, a bad call on a third down may make the difference. I don't question that the Ville is damned good, but I believe Carthage is equal to the task.

Dawgs
11-24-2013, 03:56 AM
Take a little trip to the cowboy capital of the world. While you're here, come watch the workout these young men put in a weeks time and you'll see what the difference is.

You guys think you are the only program working hard? Gimmie a break! Best coaching staff? I think some other programs have something to say about that...Ill take Surratt or Traylor. They turned par programs into state powers. Ville had the opportunity to have one of the best offensive minds ever in HS football in Briles, and have just carried the torch. Congrats on last season, you had an awesome team. This ain't last season! We keep on hearing about Ville this and Ville that. I have seen this Carthage team before, and if they keep progressing like they have this season NOBODY in the state will beat them. Still alot of football to be played, and we have not slated ourselves in the State Championship yet like Ville. Carthage still has plenty of tough games, and any teams are capable of getting beat. Ill ask this...This is Carthage signature win of this season, what is Ville's? I don't think Ville has a signature win this season.

[QUOTE=Dawgs;1787226]You guys think you are the only program working hard? Gimmie a break! Best coaching staff? I think some other programs have something to say about that...Ill take Surratt or Traylor. They turned par programs into state powers. Ville had the opportunity to have one of the best offensive minds ever in HS football in Briles, and have just carried the torch. Congrats on last season, you had an awesome team. This ain't last season! We keep on hearing about Ville this and Ville that. I have seen this Carthage team before, and if they keep progressing like they have this season NOBODY in the state will beat them. Still alot of football to be played, and we have not slated ourselves in the State
Championship yet like Ville. Carthage still has plenty of tough games, and any teams are capable of getting beat. Ill ask this...This is Carthage signature win of this season, what is Ville's? I don't think Ville has a signature win this season.

Trailing 29-28 with 5:02 remaining, Kilgore marched 62 yards in eight plays — all but one on the ground. With less than two minutes remaining, Gilmer coach Jeff Traylor called a timeout with Kilgore facing a first-and-10 from the Buckeyes’ 22.

Gilmer’s Kris Boyd celebrates a touchdown with teammates during the Buckeyes’ 34-29 loss at Kilgore on Friday night. (Christopher Vinn, ETSN.fm)
Gilmer’s defense returned to the field, but allowed Justice to run untouched into the end zone for the go-ahead score in an effort to give the Buckeyes’ offense a chance to get the ball back.

So are you talking about this Jeff Traylor? If so then I don't see it like you do. Personally I thought it was a huge mistake.

cowboyandchrist
11-24-2013, 08:33 AM
You guys think you are the only program working hard? Gimmie a break! Best coaching staff? I think some other programs have something to say about that...Ill take Surratt or Traylor. They turned par programs into state powers. Ville had the opportunity to have one of the best offensive minds ever in HS football in Briles, and have just carried the torch. Congrats on last season, you had an awesome team. This ain't last season! We keep on hearing about Ville this and Ville that. I have seen this Carthage team before, and if they keep progressing like they have this season NOBODY in the state will beat them. Still alot of football to be played, and we have not slated ourselves in the State Championship yet like Ville. Carthage still has plenty of tough games, and any teams are capable of getting beat. Ill ask this...This is Carthage signature win of this season, what is Ville's? I don't think Ville has a signature win this season.

Mr. Hollywood, the Ville should be in the hunt in 3A every year. Heck you are the largest 3A team in the state. For you to say the Ville has better players, better coaches, and work harder than anybody else is just plain dumb. Last year you were better than anyone else in 3A DI. I do not believe you were better than the Rattlers last year. I have no idea who would of won that game. You were both flat out better than everybody else. This year you are not near as good as last year. Last years Ville would not have been blown out by Aleado, no matter what you think.
I have no idea if my Dawgs will win the championship this year, but they are for real. Navasota was a dang good football team and the Dawgs played a near perfect game and are getting better every week. If the Dawgs get to play the mighty Ville. I promise you will be very very worried sitting in the stands. You will see one of the best O lines you have seen all year. You will see a team that can run and throw the ball on anybody including the Ville. Our defense has come on like gangbusters as seen the last two weeks. Unlike the Ville we know we have some great teams to play before we get to where we want to be. I believe in the Dawgs players and coaches. Coach S has coached in 4 state championship games since 2006 and won all four. Three at Carthage as the head coach and one at Texarkana as the offensive coach. I believe he has the hard ware to back up being talked about as a great coach. How many state championships does the Ville coach have besides last year. I agree with everyone who says the Ville will be the team that makes it to Jerrys house on that side of the bracket, but I also believe if the Dawgs make it to Jerrys house, they can beat the Ville.

Didn't say we had better players said had the top QB in Nation. And hardest working team

Mr. Hollywood, the Ville should be in the hunt in 3A every year. Heck you are the largest 3A team in the state. For you to say the Ville has better players, better coaches, and work harder than anybody else is just plain dumb. Last year you were better than anyone else in 3A DI. I do not believe you were better than the Rattlers last year. I have no idea who would of won that game. You were both flat out better than everybody else. This year you are not near as good as last year. Last years Ville would not have been blown out by Aleado, no matter what you think.
I have no idea if my Dawgs will win the championship this year, but they are for real. Navasota was a dang good football team and the Dawgs played a near perfect game and are getting better every week. If the Dawgs get to play the mighty Ville. I promise you will be very very worried sitting in the stands. You will see one of the best O lines you have seen all year. You will see a team that can run and throw the ball on anybody including the Ville. Our defense has come on like gangbusters as seen the last two weeks. Unlike the Ville we know we have some great teams to play before we get to where we want to be. I believe in the Dawgs players and coaches. Coach S has coached in 4 state championship games since 2006 and won all four. Three at Carthage as the head coach and one at Texarkana as the offensive coach. I believe he has the hard ware to back up being talked about as a great coach. How many state championships does the Ville coach have besides last year. I agree with everyone who says the Ville will be the team that makes it to Jerrys house on that side of the bracket, but I also believe if the Dawgs make it to Jerrys house, they can beat the Ville.

The reason he won is because we were in 4A.

hollywood
11-24-2013, 08:44 AM

Hey listen, I know Carthage has a good program and I have a lot of respect for their coaching staff and even you posters and fans! Lol You have to remember this is a forum! Passionate posters, fans, and supporters of their team, school, program they support are going to show what they believe in. I'm not dogging (no pun intended ;)) Carthage, Gilmer, Navasota, etc. To say Sville is just carrying the torch of what Briles built is somewhat true. Coach Gillespie is a product of Briles to some degree. He played under him and had the opportunity to coach under him here. Not many coaches in the state can say that! Does it make coach Gillespie and staff the best in the state, well, if the supporters here believe so then why does that bother you? You have the right to believe Coach Surratt is the best coach and has the best staff. I'm not doubting your opinion. As for work ethic, the Stephenville program works as hard or harder than any program. I didn't say they are the only ones. You're taking things the wrong way Dawg. As for signature win, every win is a signature win. Navasota has a great program and produce solid teams year in and year out. This years team has been deemed as young yet talented. The confidence this season from many wasn't there for this years team to repeat. Youth was part of that reason. Does it mean their fans and supporters still didn't believe they could, absolutely not. If you want to say Navasota was Carthage's signature win, then that's great. I thought if Carthage was as good as we have been hearing they are, they should have won like they did. Look what Fairfield was able to do. Carthage had the more experienced team. Several 3 year starters. Stephenville 2013 version has a mix of both. A couple 3 year starters, several 2 year starters, and many first year starters. They have young inexperienced players that started the season and have become seasoned play makers. A freshman RB that is flat out a stud! A Jr QB that is rated at the top in the nation! Every receiver on this years team except the TE didn't get hardly any game experience last season. Stephenville isn't using that excuse as being a "young team". Just get it done! You have to give credit to the coaching staff and players for the hard work and preparation, no question.

I'll leave with this, there are many great quality programs in the state of Texas that gain my respect and all the teams I mentioned are included and there are many more. I know that I'm proud to have my kids a part of Stephenville ISD where my daughters can be a part of a great experience in seeing the results of what hard work and preparation will provide while respecting others as well.

Hey listen, I know Carthage has a good program and I have a lot of respect for their coaching staff and even you posters and fans! Lol You have to remember this is a forum! Passionate posters, fans, and supporters of their team, school, program they support are going to show what they believe in. I'm not dogging (no pun intended ;)) Carthage, Gilmer, Navasota, etc. To say Sville is just carrying the torch of what Briles built is somewhat true. Coach Gillespie is a product of Briles to some degree. He played under him and had the opportunity to coach under him here. Not many coaches in the state can say that! Does it make coach Gillespie and staff the best in the state, well, if the supporters here believe so then why does that bother you? You have the right to believe Coach Surratt is the best coach and has the best staff. I'm not doubting your opinion. As for work ethic, the Stephenville program works as hard or harder than any program. I didn't say they are the only ones. You're taking things the wrong way Dawg. As for signature win, every win is a signature win. Navasota has a great program and produce solid teams year in and year out. This years team has been deemed as young yet talented. The confidence this season from many wasn't there for this years team to repeat. Youth was part of that reason. Does it mean their fans and supporters still didn't believe they could, absolutely not. If you want to say Navasota was Carthage's signature win, then that's great. I thought if Carthage was as good as we have been hearing they are, they should have won like they did. Look what Fairfield was able to do. Carthage had the more experienced team. Several 3 year starters. Stephenville 2013 version has a mix of both. A couple 3 year starters, several 2 year starters, and many first year starters. They have young inexperienced players that started the season and have become seasoned play makers. A freshman RB that is flat out a stud! A Jr QB that is rated at the top in the nation! Every receiver on this years team except the TE didn't get hardly any game experience last season. Stephenville isn't using that excuse as being a "young team". Just get it done! You have to give credit to the coaching staff and players for the hard work and preparation, no question.

I'll leave with this, there are many great quality programs in the state of Texas that gain my respect and all the teams I mentioned are included and there are many more. I know that I'm proud to have my kids a part of Stephenville ISD where my daughters can be a part of a great experience in seeing the results of what hard work and preparation will provide while respecting others as well.

You said it perfect. Ville respects every team and the coaches are class acts. They don't run the mouth they coach football. Hey but being a fan we get to stir the pot a little. One Last thing about the Kilgore possible matchup. If the coaching doesn't fix some issues with turnovers and sloppy play it's gonna be ugly quick

Dawgs
11-24-2013, 09:05 AM

+1...But I will say one more thing...I don't think anybody was giving Carthage any respect this season, so to say we did what we were supposed to do is not all the way accurate. I don't think besides a couple of Carthage posters that anybody thought we were as good as years past. I think I actually was the only one saying Carthage would beat Navasota like they did, and I backed off pretty quick because I didn't want to get ganged up on :), and told that Carthage posters were arrogant. I think a majority of people in the state were thinking or wanting Carthage to get beat. Even on the East Texas site everybody is dogging us saying, overrated or no defense. Kilgore or Gilmer would roll Carthage, etc...Well i have seen alot of ETX football this season, and that was the best performance I have seen from any ETX team so far this year. Like I said, we have alot of tough games remaining. IMO Ville has an easier road. I would love to meet Ville in the Championship. 2 great 3A programs. PS: Carthage will roll Ville! :stirpot:

hollywood
11-24-2013, 09:12 AM

Sir cowboy, now you don't know if the Ville is as good as last years team! Lol You have know idea. You are just taking another wild hare guess again. Basing your opinion on the loss to Aledo is not how you gage if this years team is as good as last years. Each has different strengths. To start, this years team came into the season more inexperienced at the skilled positions than last year. So if last years team would have played this years Aledo's team, I agree that the score would have been closer but Aledo still would have won. They are that good brotha! No question about that and if you do question, just go see a game or some video. There isn't a 4A team that will beat them this year, period. And don't start thinking Whitehouse has a chance either! I know you have a sentimental association with them for obvious reasons, but they aren't going to be able to hold their jock straps if and when they meet.

The Ville 2013 version has a much stronger rushing attack and still a very effect passing attack. Defense is quite a bit stronger defending both the run and the pass. Big strong D-line that is fast and explosive, LB's that are just plain nasty, and DB's that are disciplined and speed speed speed. Operating out of the 3-4 sets up for the speed and execution this defense plays with. Very sound tackling. Offense, just one word... Explosive! Very hard to defend a team that can run the ball just as effective as throwing the ball. Having another top tier dual threat QB who has almost 1,000 yards rushing with a cannon for an arm is very hard to defend when he's supported by a stable of RB's and WR's. Of course we all know the success of the skill players would be able to happen without a good OL/DL. We keep hearing Carthage 2013 has the best OL in the state. Maybe so maybe not. I'll take Svilles any day of the week. Not the biggest they've ever had but still big, strong, and explosive. Same for the DL. Nice guard is 290 and plays like a bull in a China closest.

We all know each week presents a new opportunity yet another challenge. At the HS level, we also know anything can happen on any given week. These are 15, 16, 17 and 18 year old young men. Take one week at a time in preparing towards their ultimate goal. I believe that Stephenville has a great shot at a repeat. They too have shifted into another gear cowboy. The Ville goes into each season not preparing just to make the playoffs, they prepare during the course of an entire season to win state and be the best they can be. When in the playoffs, it's a whole other level. ;)

+1...But I will say one more thing...I don't think anybody was giving Carthage any respect this season, so to say we did what we were supposed to do is not all the way accurate. I don't think besides a couple of Carthage posters that anybody thought we were as good as years past. I think I actually was the only one saying Carthage would beat Navasota like they did, and I backed off pretty quick because I didn't want to get ganged up on :), and told that Carthage posters were arrogant. I think a majority of people in the state were thinking or wanting Carthage to get beat. Even on the East Texas site everybody is dogging us saying, overrated or no defense. Kilgore or Gilmer would roll Carthage, etc...Well i have seen alot of ETX football this season, and that was the best performance I have seen from any ETX team so far this year. Like I said, we have alot of tough games remaining. IMO Ville has an easier road. I would love to meet Ville in the Championship. 2 great 3A programs. PS: Carthage will roll Ville! :stirpot:

PS: They are gonna ROLL around on the ground when they get lit up.

hollywood
11-24-2013, 09:27 AM

Dawg, I've seen both Gilmer and Kilgore and know there's a lot of deep down respect y'all have for each other in ETX. Y'all talk some serious smack, that's for sure. Especially on that other site. Keeps it fun! I like to stir the pot. We can do that as posters! Now, back to Gilmer and Kilgore. I walked away from that game thinking under achieving. Talent all over the field yet both played at a level I'm not used to seeing. Execution was sub par in my book. Six to seven turnovers between both teams. Sloppy. Chalk it up to an "off night". Maybe. Some have said it was because both teams are that good it made each of them perform like that. No. I don't believe that for one second. Both will have to execute a lot better against strong competition each week in order to continue to survive another week. Gilmer has one of the top teams in the state in Argyle this week. Kilgore got challenged by Kaufman!

The SC's this year are going to come from Central/West Texas again! Not ETX! Y'all will be O-fur again! :stirpot:

:D

Dawgs
11-24-2013, 09:29 AM
PS: They are gonna ROLL around on the ground when they get lit up.

Haha...That was a good one.

hollywood
11-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Hey Dawgs... One more thing... There are new Beasts in 3A... And they are NOT from the East!

:stirpot:

Dawgs
11-24-2013, 09:40 AM
Dawg, I've seen both Gilmer and Kilgore and know there's a lot of deep down respect y'all have for each other in ETX. Y'all talk some serious smack, that's for sure. Especially on that other site. Keeps it fun! I like to stir the pot. We can do that as posters! Now, back to Gilmer and Kilgore. I walked away from that game thinking under achieving. Talent all over the field yet both played at a level I'm not used to seeing. Execution was sub par in my book. Six to seven turnovers between both teams. Sloppy. Chalk it up to an "off night". Maybe. Some have said it was because both teams are that good it made each of them perform like that. No. I don't believe that for one second. Both will have to execute a lot better against strong competition each week in order to continue to survive another week. Gilmer has one of the top teams in the state in Argyle this week. Kilgore got challenged by Kaufman!

The SC's this year are going to come from Central/West Texas again! Not ETX! Y'all will be O-fur again! :stirpot:

:D

We do have alot of respect for each other in ETX, your right. Its a common bond we have shared over the last 10 or so years, especially at the 3a level. I can't stand Gilmer during the regular season, and to be honest I was a little bit happy when Kilgore beat them. But I do respect the Gilmer tradition, and know that they can flat out get it done on the field. When playoffs come around, and we aren't playing each other I think we all root for the others. I know I do. Gilmer and Carthage are DI & DII Champions this year...Book it. Just like in 2009. You talk about Kilgore, I may catch some heat for this, but Kilgore isn't any good. I mean ya, they can beat most 3a teams if for no other reason than they have 1000 kids. I saw the same game you did, and Gilmer should have beat Kilgore by 30. I mean they turned the ball over so many times it was crazy. They pretty much scored at will when they didn't turn the ball over. I will say that Kilgore style of play will wear you down if you keep your defense on the field, as seen in the Gilmer game. Haha, I hope Kilgore does beat Ville, cause I am 100% Carthage will beat Kilgore as bad as they beat Navasota...If not worse.

hollywood
11-24-2013, 10:12 AM
We do have alot of respect for each other in ETX, your right. Its a common bond we have shared over the last 10 or so years, especially at the 3a level. I can't stand Gilmer during the regular season, and to be honest I was a little bit happy when Kilgore beat them. But I do respect the Gilmer tradition, and know that they can flat out get it done on the field. When playoffs come around, and we aren't playing each other I think we all root for the others. I know I do. Gilmer and Carthage are DI & DII Champions this year...Book it. Just like in 2009. You talk about Kilgore, I may catch some heat for this, but Kilgore isn't any good. I mean ya, they can beat most 3a teams if for no other reason than they have 1000 kids. I saw the same game you did, and Gilmer should have beat Kilgore by 30. I mean they turned the ball over so many times it was crazy. They pretty much scored at will when they didn't turn the ball over. I will say that Kilgore style of play will wear you down if you keep your defense on the field, as seen in the Gilmer game. Haha, I hope Kilgore does beat Ville, cause I am 100% Carthage will beat Kilgore as bad as they beat Navasota...If not worse.

My honest opinion, Sville would do the same. ;)

Dawg Fan
11-24-2013, 11:43 PM
My honest opinion, Sville would do the same. ;)

I have seen both stephenville and Carthage play. Stephenville is not on the same level as Carthage.

hollywood
11-25-2013, 12:07 AM
I have seen both stephenville and Carthage play. Stephenville is not on the same level as Carthage.

Everyone has their own opinion. So you've seen Stephenville play this season?

bearbear78
11-25-2013, 12:16 AM
No secret I'm not a ville fan but lets just call it the way it is....theres NO east texas tree team that can handle the Jackets...scary part is it isn't gonna change for a while either with the young talent with some seasons left. If Graham doesn't bring that SC home to our neck of the woods one thing is for sure....the ville will!!!

Dawgs
11-25-2013, 04:23 AM
No secret I'm not a ville fan but lets just call it the way it is....theres NO east texas tree team that can handle the Jackets...scary part is it isn't gonna change for a while either with the young talent with some seasons left. If Graham doesn't bring that SC home to our neck of the woods one thing is for sure....the ville will!!!

Haha...Everyone not ETX riding Ville coat tail. WTX & CTX couldnt get it done for 10 years, and big brother has to drop down with over 1000 kids to help out? Navasota has a special year, and 1 time in 10 or 11 years ETX doesn't take home a Championship and all of the sudden times have changed. I don't think so guys. Keep on Ville's tail closely cause thats the only chance. BTW what's Graham's record against ETX teams in the playoffs. From what I remeber in recent history it's 0'fer.

Dawg Fan
11-25-2013, 10:27 AM

Yes, I have seen ville play. Have you seen Carthage play. They are loaded with talent.

Dawg Fan
11-25-2013, 10:34 AM

You need to worry about getting past Kilgore. I'm
Not sure ville can beat Kilgore.

OldBison75
11-25-2013, 11:01 AM
Could someone please close this thread as it has become the talk crap about what we hope will happen between the Ville and Carthage Bravado thread. This was about Navasota and Carthage and as usual, it has become all about a game that is not even on the schedule as of now and may not be.

waterboy
11-25-2013, 11:12 AM
Congratulations to my friends over in Carthage! I'm sorry I ever doubted y'all. Three more wins, one game at a time, and I hope to see y'all December 20th! I hope it's Kilgore and Carthage in the D1 SC game, and Gilmer against anybody in D2! Let's DO this!

hollywood
11-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Could someone please close this thread as it has become the talk crap about what we hope will happen between the Ville and Carthage Bravado thread. This was about Navasota and Carthage and as usual, it has become all about a game that is not even on the schedule as of now and may not be.

OldBison75, I agree on at least comments about games not being about Navasota.. Even though this is a public forum and anything under the rules is fair game, out of the respect of Navasota posters, we should take the subject elsewhere.

Best wishes for the Navasota seniors and it's time for the underclassmen to get to work to prepare for next season. Sota should be a force next season!