PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales v Fredricksburg

Pudlugger
11-16-2013, 09:42 PM
The Apaches upset highly ranked Bellville in a ball control game 24-14 tonight. Now they meet The Battlin' Billies of Fredricksburg in round two. Can the Gonzales Apaches keep up their momentum to get another win? I think the answer is yes. Apaches by 7+.

YTBulldogs
11-16-2013, 09:51 PM
I just don't get the "upset" thinking by GZ fans and you Pud in the Bellville victory. GZ by 17+.

NastySlot
11-16-2013, 09:52 PM
The Apaches upset highly ranked Bellville in a ball control game 24-14 tonight. Now they meet The Battlin' Billies of Fredricksburg in round two. Can the Gonzales Apaches keep up their momentum to get another win? I think the answer is yes. Apaches by 7+.

wow 7 plus? You must be hoping the Apaches that beat Bellville show up to play not the ones that lost to Smithville right?

Pudlugger
11-16-2013, 09:56 PM
wow 7 plus? You must be hoping the Apaches that beat Bellville show up to play not the ones that lost to Smithville right?

Yeah bring up the Smithville game just like half the Bellville posters did last week. What does it take to impress you anyway? Gonzales is a very good team and underrated by many on this board. D26 was a much tougher district than D27.

NastySlot
11-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Yeah bring up the Smithville game just like half the Bellville posters did last week. What does it take to impress you anyway? Gonzales is a very good team and underrated by many on this board. D26 was a much tougher district than D27.

What impresses me isn't important. 7 plus so is that 8 or 14? Tell my why you think Gonzales is 7 plus better than the Billies. Im not saying Gonzales can't win just wondering where 7 plus came from. You must know something about both teams right? You put the poll up help me in vote.

regaleagle
11-16-2013, 10:02 PM

I don't care. I'm pulling for the Biiiiillies anyway, haha.

fire_it_up
11-16-2013, 10:05 PM

No doubt the Smithville game was embarrassing but you just hope your team learns from a loss like that and rebounds. Looks like they did. :clap: Story over.

Gontex
11-16-2013, 10:06 PM
I remember the days of Gonzales and Fredericksburg playing in the same 4A district. Had some good old slobberknockers with those guys. New Braunfels would be a nice neutral field to play on. Fredericksburg would blend in well with the red rug at Canyon.

NastySlot
11-16-2013, 10:07 PM
No doubt the Smithville game was embarrassing but you just hope your team learns from a loss like that and rebounds. Looks like they did. :clap: Story over.

yes they did and congrats on the win. So tell me about this Apache team.

NastySlot
11-16-2013, 10:08 PM
I remember the days of Gonzales and Fredericksburg playing in the same 4A district. Had some good old slobberknockers with those guys. New Braunfels would be a nice neutral field to play on. Fredericksburg would blend in well with the red rug at Canyon.

I was thinking the same thing about the old days........the old days with district being split into zones right?

Gontex
11-16-2013, 10:12 PM
I just don't get the "upset" thinking by GZ fans and you Pud in the Bellville victory. GZ by 17+.

YT, Bellville went into the game as district champs. Apaches went in as the 4th place district qualifier. Bellville was definitely favored. Thanks for the vote of confidence though.

YTBulldogs
11-16-2013, 10:14 PM
YT, Bellville went into the game as district champs. Apaches went in as the 4th place district qualifier. Bellville was definitely favored. Thanks for the vote of confidence though.

Just don't see it as an upset.

Pudlugger
11-16-2013, 10:14 PM
What impresses me isn't important. 7 plus so is that 8 or 14? Tell my why you think Gonzales is 7 plus better than the Billies. Im not saying Gonzales can't win just wondering where 7 plus came from. You must know something about both teams right? You put the poll up help me in vote.

Gonzales is primarily a running team out of the shotgun formation. Their offensive line are all starters from last season and are very big and physical. The have a very talented and fast qb named Alaniz #22 who can break for the long gaoiners on any play. They can throw the ball pretty well but tend to run 70% of the time. Their defense is big up front and fast in the secondary. They move to the ball well. Turnovers were a problem early in district play but tonight they had none. They know how to defend the slot t having shut down Bellville pretty much in the second half and lmiting them to 14 in the first. By 7+ I mean 8 or 9. Maybe that's too cute though. Just leave it at 7 LOL. Fredericksburg runs a balanced offense putting up the football 50% of the time. Gonzales will work on their pass coverage more since Bellville was primarily a running team.

Gontex
11-16-2013, 10:17 PM
I was thinking the same thing about the old days........the old days with district being split into zones right?

Yes the district was zoned at time, but there were times when it was head to head with everyone in the district. Seems like it was Kerrville, Boerne, Fredericksburg, Canyon, New Braunfels High, Gonzales et al. Been too long to remember exactly who all was in that district.

NastySlot
11-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Gonzales is primarily a running team out of the shotgun formation. Their offensive line are all starters from last season and are very big and physical. The have a very talented and fast qb named Alaniz #22 who can break for the long gaoiners on any play. They can throw the ball pretty well but tend to run 70% of the time. Their defense is big up front and fast in the secondary. They move to the ball well. Turnovers were a problem early in district play but tonight they had none. They know how to defend the slot t having shut down Bellville pretty much in the second half and lmiting them to 14 in the first. By 7+ I mean 8 or 9. Maybe that's too cute though. Just leave it at 7 LOL.

Fair enough thanks for the info...esp the turnover part. Looking at their record and scores I would just taken it that they are very inconsistent....Losses to Bastrop and Smithville. Win over Yoakum and a high scoring game with College Station ( not sure if they even have a senior class yet).............but I get the impression from your info Gonzales when on is as good as anyone.

NastySlot
11-16-2013, 10:20 PM
Yes the district was zoned at time, but there were times when it was head to head with everyone in the district. Seems like it was Kerrville, Boerne, Fredericksburg, Canyon, New Braunfels High, Gonzales et al. Been too long to remember exactly who all was in that district.

I also remember maybe Uvalde is that right?

Gontex
11-16-2013, 10:24 PM
Uvalde, and Medina Valley like I said, it's been a long time.

Pudlugger
11-16-2013, 10:33 PM
Fair enough thanks for the info...esp the turnover part. Looking at their record and scores I would just taken it that they are very inconsistent....Losses to Bastrop and Smithville. Win over Yoakum and a high scoring game with College Station ( not sure if they even have a senior class yet).............but I get the impression from your info Gonzales when on is as good as anyone.

Yes they are hot and cold but the district has been like that with several surprises among the GZ, Cuero, Yoakum, and Giddings middle and, never say die, Smithville fighting the rear battle. La Grange even had a tight game with long time rival Giddings. Lots of talent and parity in D26 this year. It looks like Gonzales has decided to win and that is at the right time. I think they will put a lot of pressure on the Billies' qb on the pass and defend the run in the middle very well. If the Billies have enough speed they may be successful going wide around the corners but Gonzales has good speed in their secondary.

NastySlot
11-16-2013, 10:39 PM
Uvalde, and Medina Valley like I said, it's been a long time.

Ok did some looking last time I believe the Billies and Apaches were in the same district was 83- District was Lockhart, New Braunfels, Canyon, Tivy, Gonzales, Fred. and Hays.

I want say Boerne and MV were in 3a then.

NastySlot
11-16-2013, 10:45 PM
anyone with some really early rumors on day, time and site?

would like to go but I have a feeling I might be working late on Friday.

LHPfactory
11-16-2013, 11:18 PM
I don't see Fred loosing one, they have some special under classmen that can ball.
Fred runs the spread better than anyone Gonzo has faced, with the exception of the Leps.
Fred wins this one.

SHSBulldog00
11-16-2013, 11:50 PM
I don't see Fred loosing one, they have some special under classmen that can ball.
Fred runs the spread better than anyone Gonzo has faced, with the exception of the Leps.
Fred wins this one.

May hear something Sunday but more likely Monday.

regaleagle
11-17-2013, 12:20 AM
Gonzo will give Fred trouble with their size and senior OL. Fred has some speed and does spread the ball around to keep the D off-balance. Other teams that primarily run the ball have not been able to pound it on Fred enough to win. Fred can come back in games late and win them. They are very scrappy on defense and will gang tackle. Junior qb Kyle Grona is much improved over a season ago, and the Beard brothers(Brayden and Bryce) are both very athletic for the Billies. The scatback rb Paco Martinez is sneaky good, and very quick. He has excellent speed in the open field. There are about 5 good recievers that can catch the ball and fight for it. This should be a good test for both clubs. Fred has averaged about 35 pts/game while allowing about 18. Their schedule was not super-tough, but they have managed to beat some good teams along the way. I think they are reasonably healthy going into this game.

Cam
11-17-2013, 01:33 AM
Go Billies!!

pacdaddy
11-17-2013, 01:37 AM
Gonzo will give Fred trouble with their size and senior OL. Fred has some speed and does spread the ball around to keep the D off-balance. Other teams that primarily run the ball have not been able to pound it on Fred enough to win. Fred can come back in games late and win them. They are very scrappy on defense and will gang tackle. Junior qb Kyle Grona is much improved over a season ago, and the Beard brothers(Brayden and Bryce) are both very athletic for the Billies. The scatback rb Paco Martinez is sneaky good, and very quick. He has excellent speed in the open field. There are about 5 good recievers that can catch the ball and fight for it. This should be a good test for both clubs. Fred has averaged about 35 pts/game while allowing about 18. Their schedule was not super-tough, but they have managed to beat some good teams along the way. I think they are reasonably healthy going into this game.

Yes, it will be another great test for the tribe. If Fred does pass a lot, I'm sure that is what we will be focused on this week. As far as the run, I am hopping we can defend that as well as we have been doing. Go Apaches!!!!!

Gontex
11-17-2013, 07:45 AM
I'm hearing the game will be at Gupton Stadium in Cedar Park Friday at 7:00 pm. Gupton is in Cedar Park, but is part of the Leander ISD.

Pudlugger
11-17-2013, 09:46 AM

Excellent summary Reagle. Gonzales' front four and linebackers need to pressure the qb. If they don't it will be a long night for the Apaches. If they can control the clock they can gain an advantage but that means again the O line performance will be crucial. They proved they can do it last night against a tough Bellville defense. This will be another big test for Gonzales.

underthetepee
11-17-2013, 10:19 AM
7:30 game time
I'm hearing the game will be at Gupton Stadium in Cedar Park Friday at 7:00 pm. Gupton is in Cedar Park, but is part of the Leander ISD.

pacdaddy
11-17-2013, 05:18 PM
These boys are ready for the next round. Like I said on an other thread, you got to have faith in these boys, cause they will get it done. Fred will be tough but do not underestimate the tribe because we will make you pay.

hookandladder
11-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Gonzales ground and pound will be the difference in his game also, Just like last week Gonzales in an upset for some however personally I had Gonzales beating Bellville so this would not be an upset in my eyes. Coach Lock going to do his best work again this week with his game plan, Apaches by 10.

Pudlugger
11-17-2013, 09:27 PM
Gonzales ground and pound will be the difference in his game also, Just like last week Gonzales in an upset for some however personally I had Gonzales beating Bellville so this would not be an upset in my eyes. Coach Lock going to do his best work again this week with his game plan, Apaches by 10.

I agree hook, Gonzales is a better team than their district record. Heck Bellville likely would have lost 3 games in our district this year (LG Gonzales and Cuero). The Apaches will need to adjust to a balanced pass oriented offense with a big and powerful running back to make things interesting. They will not be able to stack the box and blitz most every down with the receivers the Billies have. They may have to double team in the secondary. That means the big Apache D line will have to report for duty Friday. This will be a big challenge for Gonzales. I have them by a td.

pacdaddy
11-17-2013, 10:28 PM
I agree, we will have to put a lot of pressure on the QB, and CB's are going have to be on there A game no doubt. I saw some trick plays that they might do, and if our D is aware of them before time they should handle it pretty good. If they do I see some turnovers happening.

Pudlugger
11-18-2013, 09:40 AM
Is Gonzales healthy after the game Saturday? I know #22 took a lot of shots. Hope they are 100% by Friday night.

pacdaddy
11-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Is Gonzales healthy after the game Saturday? I know #22 took a lot of shots. Hope they are 100% by Friday night.

Yes Sir, he is ready to go. That young man is like a Timex watch, "Takes a lickin but keeps on ticken"

:)

YTBulldogs
11-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Be prepared to get pounded on FB.

bag-o-chips
11-18-2013, 10:58 AM
Fred can take it. Navarro had it not given up the trick play would have been unbeaten. Fred has a group better than yall are thinking! Das Uber Alles!

1stnurseryman
11-18-2013, 11:18 AM
What type of trick play did they run? I know it got them in fg range for the win just never heard what they ran to set it up..

bag-o-chips
11-18-2013, 11:29 AM
It was a hook and ladder in the middle then a lateral throw to the sidelines( looked forward to me) which got them there with 3 seconds left. We had been on their 33 driving and failed on 4th and 4 with 30 seconds left. Was really a great game.

pacdaddy
11-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Fred can take it. Navarro had it not given up the trick play would have been unbeaten. Fred has a group better than yall are thinking! Das Uber Alles!

Wir Wissen, Das Fb gut ist. Aber wir glauben dass Gonzo besser ist!!!

bag-o-chips
11-18-2013, 12:49 PM
Wir Wissen, Das Fb gut ist. Aber wir glauben dass Gonzo besser ist!!!

Die deutschen Jungen aus den Hügeln sind hart!:tisk:

pacdaddy
11-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Die deutschen Jungen aus den Hügeln sind hart!:tisk:

Nein, nein, wir wissen alles, weil wir haben dein fussball video gesehen. Die kleinen Texacanos aus Gonzo sind auch schnell und stark. :flaming:

bag-o-chips
11-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Ha Ha sie sind sehr lustig! Wir haben Ihre Fußball Video- und wir haben auch sehr harte Texacanos läuft die Kugel! Wir werden sehen!:clap:

Cam
11-18-2013, 01:44 PM
stop with the German jibberish already!!.....My head is about to explode!!....:doh:......Go Billies!!....If ya'll win, I promise to go shoppin' in Fred more often!!....A fine little shoppin' town for sure!!......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InsspuvAmBs

bag-o-chips
11-18-2013, 02:50 PM
Was ist meine grünen bulldog? Wir sind einfach mit viel Spaß machen sie sich bereit für die Fußball Wettbewerb um zu sehen, wer ist mächtig!

Cam
11-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Was ist meine grünen bulldog? Wir sind einfach mit viel Spaß machen sie sich bereit für die Fußball Wettbewerb um zu sehen, wer ist mächtig!

Na dann in Ordnung! Viel Glück für beide Teams! Ich werde mit großem Interesse beobachten. By the way, war nicht Fredericksburg gegründet von deutschen Siedlern?

and if my German sucks!....then I'll shoot this at ya:

Pues bien entonces! Buena suerte a los dos equipos! Te estaré observando con mucho interés. Por cierto, no se Fredericksburg fundada por colonos alemanes?.......:vrycnfsd:

Mi dinero está en las cabras!

Pudlugger
11-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Gonzales issa gunnangun kickin das schnitzel ottta der Billies Ya whol! Das ist gamucklich, ya?:D

bag-o-chips
11-18-2013, 04:18 PM
Sí, los alemanes se establecieron en Fredricksburg. Las cabras del cedar hills, y hacer el bien.

pacdaddy
11-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Na dann in Ordnung! Viel Glück für beide Teams! Ich werde mit großem Interesse beobachten. By the way, war nicht Fredericksburg gegründet von deutschen Siedlern?

and if my German sucks!....then I'll shoot this at ya:

Pues bien entonces! Buena suerte a los dos equipos! Te estaré observando con mucho interés. Por cierto, no se Fredericksburg fundada por colonos alemanes?.......:vrycnfsd:

Mi dinero está en las cabras!

Cam,

It is good to see that you are a person of many languages. Alright so back to football talk in English, so everybody can understand. I like the way Fred's D gang tackles. That is a good sign of the D wanting the ball. I guess we will have to just turn the speedometer to hyper mode so our running backs can get through and score the TD's. Be sure not to spend to much money on the bet you want to make against the Apaches, cause then you wont have any food to enjoy after the game is over.:stirpot:

pacdaddy
11-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Sí, los alemanes se establecieron en Fredricksburg. Las cabras del cedar hills, y hacer el bien.

Ha, Ha, Ha!:fnypost: Estas loco

pacdaddy
11-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Gonzales issa gunnangun kickin das schnitzel ottta der Billies Ya whol! Das ist gamucklich, ya?:D

Mein Freund, Das ist semr gut!

Translation,

You are right my friend. That is what our intentions are>:wave:

Cam
11-18-2013, 04:47 PM

...well then...that explains one Fredericksburg shop owner singing "99 Luftballoons" while dusting and wearing an old Nena concert t-shirt showing Nena's hairy armpits!!!............:crazy1:

http://imageshack.us/a/img4/3329/vk3i.jpg

underthetepee
11-19-2013, 09:00 AM
This has the makings for a very good game!

...well then...that explains one Fredericksburg shop owner singing "99 Luftballoons" while dusting and wearing an old Nena concert t-shirt showing Nena's hairy armpits!!!............:crazy1:

http://imageshack.us/a/img4/3329/vk3i.jpg

buff4ever
11-19-2013, 09:53 AM
I think the apaches will pull this one out.

pacdaddy
11-19-2013, 09:55 PM
Well tomorrow is hump day and time to get things rolling. Heard everything going well at practice. The tribe getting ready for a rumble. Another thing, I like being the underdog in this type of scenario. Once again all the polls have us losing. But that is ok that the way we like it.:clap:

Tejastrue
11-19-2013, 11:51 PM
Just be ready for the Fredericksburg passing game. Their QB is a gamer.

Gontex
11-20-2013, 09:47 AM

Weather is supposed to be bad Friday night. Does that favor Gonzales, primarily a ground oriented power type offense, or does it favor a team that tends to run a more wide open type of offense? Windy, wet and cold conditions will definitely influence the outcome of the game.

pacdaddy
11-20-2013, 10:06 AM

Our DB's are up to the task in defending the pass, and that is if our linebackers don't get him first. And on another note, Who is to say that Fred's offense will be a factor, since there D will possibly be on the field all night.:stirpot:

pacdaddy
11-20-2013, 01:12 PM
What's up APACHE NATION!!!! Time to stay pumped up don't lose focus. Beat them their Billy goats.:cheerl:
or, what are yall called just the billies. Something like that :crazy1:

Cam
11-20-2013, 01:34 PM
What's up APACHE NATION!!!! Time to stay pumped up don't lose focus. Beat them their Billy goats.:cheerl:
or, what are yall called just the billies. Something like that :crazy1:

them Battlin' Billies are tough!....That was Burnet's 1st game this year....and Burnet is used to pounding them every year.....but that game had us bitin' our nails until Burnet pulled away!....Their program is on the right track for sure......To win 10 straight this year is impressive!......Good luck to both teams!!

NastySlot
11-20-2013, 08:53 PM
Go Goats..

Gone Fishing
11-20-2013, 09:28 PM
Fred wins. Gonzales lost to Smithville..

1stnurseryman
11-20-2013, 10:00 PM
And??? Y'all lost to a lot of teams...u can always have a bad nite r 2 but 7????

Tejastrue
11-20-2013, 10:32 PM
smh:doh:

Manso/V8
11-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Dude flies off the handle pretty quick.

regaleagle
11-20-2013, 10:47 PM
I agree the weather could play a factor in the outcome of this game between these two schools on Friday. Since Gonzo is overwhelmingly run-oriented offensively and Fred's strength is the threat of a quality passing game to help balance its running game, wet and windy cold conditions does not favor Fred's attack. The qb for Fred(Grona) is the X-factor for Fred's offense, and if he is limited somewhat by the conditions it may hurt the effectivieness of Fred's offense. The next question is field conditions......will this game be played on artificial turf or natural grass? This will be a close game, folks. I reckon there will be some physical play going on in the lines, too. Bring your umbrella and wear some raingear.....cuz this one will be worth watching even in a wintry mix.

1stnurseryman
11-20-2013, 11:23 PM
Dude flies off the handle pretty quick.
Speaking of flies...

Manso/V8
11-20-2013, 11:23 PM
I agree the weather could play a factor in the outcome of this game between these two schools on Friday. Since Gonzo is overwhelmingly run-oriented offensively and Fred's strength is the threat of a quality passing game to help balance its running game, wet and windy cold conditions does not favor Fred's attack. The qb for Fred(Grona) is the X-factor for Fred's offense, and if he is limited somewhat by the conditions it may hurt the effectivieness of Fred's offense. The next question is field conditions......will this game be played on artificial turf or natural grass? This will be a close game, folks. I reckon there will be some physical play going on in the lines, too. Bring your umbrella and wear some raingear.....cuz this one will be worth watching even in a wintry mix.

Tell us a little about the size/strength/experience of the Fred OL and DL, please.

pacdaddy
11-21-2013, 12:41 AM
Fred wins. Gonzales lost to Smithville..

Just like Bellville was supposed to win cause we lost to Smithville right?

regaleagle
11-21-2013, 09:14 AM
Tell us a little about the size/strength/experience of the Fred OL and DL, please.

I don't know enough about the Fred team to give an accurate account of this Fred team. I really haven't watched enough games to see the progression...and don't know the staff or the players or the recent history of the team as they have evolved with Coach Lance Moffett and his staff....other than what I have read. Perhaps another poster can jump in here to enlighten us. I will say that Fred is not small across the lines, and does have some beef. The experience level is not senior-laden, but there are some senior starters as leaders in the mix on both offense and defense on the lines.

pacdaddy
11-22-2013, 12:46 PM
It is game day!!!!! The Apache tribe is ready for some scalping. Our D is going to be a BEAST tonight. Good luck tonight guys, and play hard. Just stay focused with the game plan y'all have and don't let up.

GO APACHES!!!!!!!:wave:

YTBulldogs
11-22-2013, 01:04 PM
Go get'm Ricky.

44INAROW
11-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Good Luck to the Apaches.. :clap:

BB BULLS
11-22-2013, 02:45 PM
FB x 7

Manso/V8
11-22-2013, 02:57 PM
I see a couple of things impacting the outcome of this game.

Conditions: If the weather/conditions don't impact the passing game too much, I think Fred takes this one. If it hampers the passing game, Gonzo has the edge. Apache attitude: Gonzo seems like an up and down team. The Apaches were kind of hanging their head down a bit when they took the field last Friday and when Bellville took the lead early. They really brightened up and thightened up after after a fumble/int pick 6. From that point on, they played better and with more passion. That passionate team can get pass this round.

Good luck to both teams.

pacdaddy
11-22-2013, 05:52 PM
I see a couple of things impacting the outcome of this game.

Conditions: If the weather/conditions don't impact the passing game too much, I think Fred takes this one. If it hampers the passing game, Gonzo has the edge. Apache attitude: Gonzo seems like an up and down team. The Apaches were kind of hanging their head down a bit when they took the field last Friday and when Bellville took the lead early. They really brightened up and thightened up after after a fumble/int pick 6. From that point on, they played better and with more passion. That passionate team can get pass this round.

Good luck to both teams.

I agree with you on part of that. The part I agree with you is the part where you say "that passionate team can get pass this round." The other stuff is just your opinion, and I'm not saying it is a bad opinion, I respect it.

Gontex
11-22-2013, 11:04 PM
Gonzales wins the ball game 19-7. Apaches led all the way. F'burg threatened a couple of times, but the Apache D kept the game in control. Proud of these guys.

Gontex
11-22-2013, 11:07 PM
All three 26 3A teams left in the playoffs have advanced. Gonzales over FB, Cuero over Navarro and LaGrange over Canyon Lake.

Tejastrue
11-22-2013, 11:11 PM
Congrats to all 3.

NastySlot
11-22-2013, 11:12 PM
congrats to Gonzales on the win...and congrats to Fred. on a very fine season.

YTBulldogs
11-22-2013, 11:24 PM
Very nice GZ. Keep it going. Pound, pound, pound.

44INAROW
11-22-2013, 11:46 PM
Congrats to all 3.

Thanks Tejas.... 😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

iFootball
11-23-2013, 12:13 AM
Does Gonzales play Ingleside or Rockport next?

buff4ever
11-23-2013, 12:15 AM
Good game apaches.

Pudlugger
11-23-2013, 01:26 AM
Good going Apaches maybe we'll have a rematch if we keep it up.

apache78
11-23-2013, 07:31 AM
The Apache defense is playing lights out right now. They stopped Fred 2 time inside the 20 in the 1st half. In the Fred drive for their TD, Apaches had them 4th and goal and had them stopped but great 2nd effort by Fred got the score. At the end of the game, Apaches stopped Fred 8 times inside the 10. On 4th a goal, LB got called for holding for tackling tailback coming out on a reel route. Looks like the Apaches have found a new intensity for playoffs that I have not seen since Yoakum game.

YTBulldogs
11-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Looks like the Apaches have found a new intensity for playoffs

Leadership. Good group of seniors, wanting to keep the dream alive. And, doing what you do best, pound, pound then hit them with pound, behind that talented OL. Couple that with a solid "D". I see this going on awhile. Congrats.

bd62
11-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Does Gonzales play Ingleside or Rockport next?

Rockport in Victoria Saturday at 6

greendawg84
11-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Congrats to the Billies , been a long time coming !

1st and goal
11-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Congrats Apaches! The Billies must've turned a corner, great season.