PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside (8-3) vs. RGC La Grulla (7-3)

99IHSMustang
11-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Since it is being played in Calallen did a coin toss for home field advantage happen? Much closer drive for Ingleside than RGC La Grulla.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-16-2013, 05:06 PM
Jalen Gross going to be available for this game?

MustangFootball
11-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Jalen Gross going to be available for this game?

Not sure him and #5 Bobby Burleson our top 2 backs didn't play much in the Devine game.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Is Selby a senior? good size and some speed?

99IHSMustang
11-16-2013, 08:24 PM
Is Selby a senior? good size and some speed?

He is a Senior and he was out against Devine due to the concussion he had during the game with OG. Based on what the coach said after the Devine game, Ingleside may still have some players out this coming Friday.

MustangFootball
11-16-2013, 10:21 PM
He is a Senior and he was out against Devine due to the concussion he had during the game with OG. Based on what the coach said after the Devine game, Ingleside may still have some players out this coming Friday.

That's never good news, but hopefully they can get better and we can survive through this round... I was really impressed on how Chris McGluan #24 and Kyle #32 stepped up in the running game. It's nice to know we are 4deep at the Running back position. I'm hoping everyone can come back healthy really soon.

99IHSMustang
11-16-2013, 10:36 PM
That's never good news, but hopefully they can get better and we can survive through this round... I was really impressed on how Chris McGluan #24 and Kyle #32 stepped up in the running game. It's nice to know we are 4deep at the Running back position. I'm hoping everyone can come back healthy really soon.

I agree Chris McGlaun, Kyle, and even Christian Britt did a great job on helping out with the run game.

99IHSMustang
11-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Can anyone shed some light on what RGC La Grulla's strengths are?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Can anyone shed some light on what RGC La Grulla's strengths are? here's a earlier game in the season against Rio Hondo, there is a few of their games on video this season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H9kpgknyjw

99IHSMustang
11-17-2013, 04:50 PM
here's a earlier game in the season against Rio Hondo, there is a few of their games on video this season.

Thanks SFIA.

MustangFootball
11-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Can anyone shed some light on what RGC La Grulla's strengths are?

Yeah I have access to the Hudl page that the coaches used for scouting, any team that they are looking at I see as well... The little bit that I've had a chance to look at, it seems like they are a spread team and the quarterback runs a lot out of it. It will be like were playing Orange Grove but they don't look as explosive. I haven't sat down and watched all their games or even a whole one at that. Either way these guys have to be prepared no matter who were playing hopefully they don't overlook this team, they do have a 8-3 record that means they must be pretty good.

MustangFootball
11-17-2013, 06:15 PM
here's a earlier game in the season against Rio Hondo, there is a few of their games on video this season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H9kpgknyjw

Wow this game film look better than the one that's up on hudl ....these guys look very similar to what we run, they look to be very dangerous. Good bunch of games here thanks.

99IHSMustang
11-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Wow this game film look better than the one that's up on hudl ....these guys look very similar to what we run, they look to be very dangerous. Good bunch of games here thanks.

They have some speedsters, but their offensive and defensive line size matches ours. This will be an interesting matchup.

PhiI C
11-17-2013, 09:33 PM
Ingleside wins by 7!

MUSTANG69
11-17-2013, 09:35 PM
They have some speedsters, but their offensive and defensive line size matches ours. This will be an interesting matchup.

Ingleside is not used to playing a team that is not bigger. I think our speed will be too much for them. Ingleside +14

MustangFootball
11-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Did y'all noticed the scoreboard/videoboard I saw on hudl after one touchdown they replayed it in slow motion. Not sure if this is their home game or they were playing at a sports-complex. All I know is that they were playing there in more than one game.

rico
11-18-2013, 12:44 AM
Did y'all noticed the scoreboard/videoboard I saw on hudl after one touchdown they replayed it in slow motion. Not sure if this is their home game or they were playing at a sports-complex. All I know is that they were playing there in more than one game.
Grulla plays their home games in Rio Grande City. That's the scoreboard for Rio Grande City Rattlers.
Grulla is a small town about 5 miles East of Rio Grande City. They have a good team, and won't be
pushovers. Should be an interesting game. Good luck to both teams.

MustangFootball
11-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Grulla plays their home games in Rio Grande City. That's the scoreboard for Rio Grande City Rattlers.
Grulla is a small town about 5 miles East of Rio Grande City. They have a good team, and won't be
pushovers. Should be an interesting game. Good luck to both teams.

That sure is a nice field....yeah everything I've seen on them they look very impressive. They run a similar offense to what we run. They look a lot like us at time with the colors and the spread attack. I'm sure we are in for a fight as neither team wants to go home.

MustangFootball
11-18-2013, 06:36 PM
ok I watched a bunch of their games earlier on Hudl, I must say I'm very impressed. these guys look pretty darn good. Found out this is a start up program from a few years ago and boy have they come a long way. I want to say 2010 they played their first varsity game and made the playoffs in 2011 and lost in the first round. In 2012 they missed the playoffs, but this year they won their first playoff game and will be facing us in the second round. This is going to be a tough game for us I think it'll be worth watching.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-18-2013, 06:46 PM
ok I watched a bunch of their games earlier on Hudl, I must say I'm very impressed. these guys look pretty darn good. Found out this is a start up program from a few years ago and boy have they come a long way. I want to say 2010 they played their first varsity game and made the playoffs in 2011 and lost in the first round. In 2012 they missed the playoffs, but this year they won their first playoff game and will be facing us in the second round. This is going to be a tough game for us I think it'll be worth watching.West Columbia fans or baseball fans know about La Grulla few years ago. Good luck Friday, i'll be there cheering yall on.

MustangFootball
11-18-2013, 08:55 PM
West Columbia fans or baseball fans know about La Grulla few years ago. Good luck Friday, i'll be there cheering yall on.

Yeah I am very impressed with how they've come along in such a short period of time......thanks same to you I plan on making all three games this weekend. To bad Rockport plays the same time we do, I would love to see them get a win over kingsville.

Bull Butter
11-18-2013, 10:03 PM
Just some clarification. Even though the school is located in the town of La Grulla (8 mi. E of Rio Grande City) , the official name is Grulla High School and is part of the Rio Grande City CISD. Which is why they are sometimes referred to as RGC Grulla.

Bull Butter
11-18-2013, 10:10 PM
West Columbia fans or baseball fans know about La Grulla few years ago. Good luck Friday, i'll be there cheering yall on.
I'm aware of the baseball incident and have seen the video. Just want to say that we (Port Isabel) have played Grulla in Football, Basketball, Baseball, Softball and Volleyball. Compete against them in Track, Golf and Powerlifting and have never once had an incident with their kids or coaches

SintonFan_inAustin
11-19-2013, 06:44 AM
Just some clarification. Even though the school is located in the town of La Grulla (8 mi. E of Rio Grande City) , the official name is Grulla High School and is part of the Rio Grande City CISD. Which is why they are sometimes referred to as RGC Grulla.yes I actually did a double whammy there, I should had said Columbia also.

rico
11-19-2013, 07:28 AM
Grulla fans are tough to deal with.

MUSTANG69
11-19-2013, 08:18 AM
Grulla fans are tough to deal with.

In what way?

rico
11-19-2013, 08:54 AM
In what way?
Sorry but I can't go into it. You'll have to find out for yourself.

99IHSMustang
11-19-2013, 09:26 AM

Interesting :thinking: I am wondering if it has to do with not dealing so well with losing.

rico
11-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Interesting :thinking: I am wondering if it has to do with not dealing so well with losing.

"I know nussing."

MUSTANG69
11-19-2013, 10:15 AM
"I know nussing."

I'm sure the Corpus Christi PD and the Nueces County Sheriff's Dept. can take care of any problem their fans may cause. I'm also confident the folks from Ingleside can take care of themselves.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-19-2013, 11:10 AM
I'm sure the Corpus Christi PD and the Nueces County Sheriff's Dept. can take care of any problem their fans may cause. I'm also confident the folks from Ingleside can take care of themselves.I sat on Grulla side in that baseball game against Columbia. Some mad fans in a game that was called after couple of innings but they were furious at the umps. Won't go into detail the video doesn't show away from the field.

MUSTANG69
11-19-2013, 12:02 PM
I sat on Grulla side in that baseball game against Columbia. Some mad fans in a game that was called after couple of innings but they were furious at the umps. Won't go into detail the video doesn't show away from the field.

I'm just going to assume it was pretty bad and that law enforcement will take care of any problems this Friday if the need arises.

99IHSMustang
11-19-2013, 12:47 PM
I'm just going to assume it was pretty bad and that law enforcement will take care of any problems this Friday if the need arises.

I just hope that the game stays clean and classy on both sides. Nothing worse that letting fan emotions bleed into the game.

SHSBulldog00
11-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Give me the Mustangs by 14.

MustangFootball
11-21-2013, 12:56 AM
I was watching La Grulla play Kingsville on hudl earlier today and I watch to about halftime and notice that they run a spread offense but rarely pass, they mostly run, and they are pretty darn good at it.....I might have seen them throw 4 passes in the first half and that might have even been to much.

MUSTANG69
11-21-2013, 08:25 AM
I was watching La Grulla play Kingsville on hudl earlier today and I watch to about halftime and notice that they run a spread offense but rarely pass, they mostly run, and they are pretty darn good at it.....I might have seen them throw 4 passes in the first half and that might have even been to much.

I watched a video of this same game. The second half was about the same. If La Grulla had passed a little more and opened the game up they might have won. It was a very close game and passing might have been the difference.

MUSTANG69
11-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Does anyone know when the cold front is supposed to hit the Coastal Bend?

99IHSMustang
11-21-2013, 12:13 PM
I watched a video of this same game. The second half was about the same. If La Grulla had passed a little more and opened the game up they might have won. It was a very close game and passing might have been the difference.

Ingleside Mustangs will be ready for some hard hitting tomorrow.

MUSTANG69
11-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Ingleside Mustangs will be ready for some hard hitting tomorrow.

I hope the La Grulla QB and RBs get to meet Mr. Britt a lot tomorrow night.

99IHSMustang
11-21-2013, 02:44 PM
I hope the La Grulla QB and RBs get to meet Mr. Britt a lot tomorrow night.

Have you heard if Trent and some of the others who had minor injuries will be suited up for this game?

MUSTANG69
11-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Have you heard if Trent and some of the others who had minor injuries will be suited up for this game?

Haven't heard a word. Everybody is being real quiet on that matter it seems. I have a sneaky feeling 2 or 3 will be back and ready to play.

Ranger354
11-21-2013, 10:52 PM
Cold front due in CC around lunch. Should be nice and windy come game time. I might have to stop in and watch this one since I can't go to the OG game.. Hope Trent gets to play. Good kid right there. Known him all his life.

99IHSMustang
11-22-2013, 09:22 AM
Gameday!!!! Go Mustangs!!

99IHSMustang
11-22-2013, 09:25 AM
I just noticed that all Corpus local papers and TV stations are not really covering Ingleside. Did Ingleside piss them off?..... lol

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2013, 09:46 AM
I just noticed that all Corpus local papers and TV stations are not really covering Ingleside. Did Ingleside piss them off?..... lolyea it's like that til fewer teams to cover. Still 10 coastal bend teams in the playoffs.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2013, 09:48 AM
Gameday!!!! Go Mustangs!!:2thumbsup I'm ready to see this game.

99IHSMustang
11-22-2013, 09:56 AM
yea it's like that til fewer teams to cover. Still 10 coastal bend teams in the playoffs.

Well hopefully all D30 will be on that list next week. :2thumbsup

MUSTANG69
11-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Well hopefully all D30 will be on that list next week. :2thumbsup

I think at least 3 of the 4 will be. I just don't think R-F has enough defense to stop Kingsville.

MUSTANG69
11-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Heard that the La Grulla players have been doing some serious trash talking on facebook. Coach Hesseltine supposedly showed this to the Mustang players. That might be a big mistake by La Grulla.

99IHSMustang
11-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Heard that the La Grulla players have been doing some serious trash talking on facebook. Coach Hesseltine supposedly showed this to the Mustang players. That might be a big mistake by La Grulla.

If that is true... Big Mistake.

BB BULLS
11-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Ingleside x 10

MustangFootball
11-22-2013, 03:54 PM
I think at least 3 of the 4 will be. I just don't think R-F has enough defense to stop Kingsville.

I like Rockport in this upset special, the pirates are rolling right along.

MustangFootball
11-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Good luck Ingleside keep 30-3A rolling!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Good luck Ingleside keep 30-3A rolling!!!!!you're Ingleside, you can't tell yourself good luck lol! :) Msg me at the game at half time chat a bit in the rain.

Ranger354
11-22-2013, 09:07 PM
you would think that somebody would be updating this thread with the score.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2013, 11:07 AM
Good game last night Mustangs. Good luck next week.

Sweetwater Red
11-23-2013, 11:17 AM
you would think that somebody would be updating this thread with the score.

I would've but it was too dang cold and windy to pull my hands out of my pockets long enough to post
a score! lol

Fun game, seemed Ingleside had the ball most of the night. Well, until the fourth quarter anyway. A lot of
turnovers but none really seemed to hurt the other team until Ingleside threw a pick with under
two minutes left in the game, which gave Grulla a chance to get back in the game which they did. Although,
the onside/pooch kick with 35 seconds left went straight to #20 for Ingleside and allowed them to run out the clock.