PDA

View Full Version : Burnet Bulldogs vs. Kennedale Wildcats

Cam
11-16-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm hearing Waco ISD Stadium Friday 7:30

Who wins? Another running team in Kennedale with featured back Juwan Washington!

Bring it!

toddg
11-16-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm hearing Waco ISD Stadium Friday 7:30

Who wins? Another running team in Kennedale with featured back Juwan Washington!

Bring it!

They have a good FB too.. Wing T.. Misdirection crazy

regaleagle
11-16-2013, 12:43 PM
Don't worry Cam....Kennedale will. They scored a TD on the Argyle starters in the 2nd quarter and know how to play tough hard-nosed football. They also know how to run that offense and eat clock. I saw Burnet in Week 0 against Fred. I'm sure they are much improved by this point....just like Fred. The real question is how healthy are both teams. Are any of the main players not playing in this one for either school. Argyle lost Sizelove for the season, and our other All-District LB Hackney is gone too. Those kind of losses can make a big difference this time of year.

defense51
11-16-2013, 01:08 PM
A little green on green action here, both teams are explosive and execute well in their respective offensive schemes. If you had asked me a week ago, I would have given Kennedale the upper hand, but after watching Burnet last night I think they are a 1-2 td favorite. As Toddg stated, Kennedale will misdirect till it makes your eyes cross ( that's what happened to my eye :foul: ), and their main RB has moves and a TON of speed.
Burnet is much more balanced with an excellent QB running their offense, which I think makes them a 1-2 td favorite.

texas_wildcat
11-16-2013, 01:31 PM
so still no word on where it is being played at

hollywood
11-16-2013, 01:33 PM
I picked Burnet! See Cam, greendawg.. I do like Burnet!

I picked Burnet because I would like to see them win and know the coaching staff is very edumicated. They are on a bone in the playoffs. Whatever that means.

I picked Burnet because I would like to see a Burnet/Stephenville 3rd round match up! Dawgs would be licking their chops at another shot at the beloved Jackets. Either way, whether Burnet wins or Kennedale, there would be a playoff rematch from last season. May the best team win!
Burnet by 7

toddg
11-16-2013, 03:10 PM
I swear RB Washington jogs a 4.6 forty!!!

Cam
11-16-2013, 04:44 PM
They have a good FB too.. Wing T.. Misdirection crazy

...Yep, #33 Dorville is a good FB....but Juwan is the scary runner!....Limiting him will be the key....He'll get his yards but so will Burnet! Burnet just does it in a different way with various contributors!....

Cam
11-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Don't worry Cam....Kennedale will. They scored a TD on the Argyle starters in the 2nd quarter and know how to play tough hard-nosed football. They also know how to run that offense and eat clock. I saw Burnet in Week 0 against Fred. I'm sure they are much improved by this point....just like Fred. The real question is how healthy are both teams. Are any of the main players not playing in this one for either school. Argyle lost Sizelove for the season, and our other All-District LB Hackney is gone too. Those kind of losses can make a big difference this time of year.

What you saw in Week 0 vs. a very good Fred team was pretty basic....a tough 40-27 Burnet win against a Fred team now 10-1!! Go Billies! Nice to see them do well!.....In the last 3 weeks, Burnet has mixed it up pretty good with many different looks for the opposing D....They could be peaking at the right time....These kids just don't quit and believe in each other...you can just see it!.....Perfect example was last night: Burnet went 3 and out, Alvarado marched it down the field and scored, nobody got frazzled, and Burnet scored the next 34 points!.....
I don't know about health of Kennedale....but Burnet is fortunate to have just about everyone back...I think one of our alternating receivers, junior Korey Campbell is still out......Hopefully, Burnet stays injury free....Go Dogs!

Cam
11-16-2013, 05:10 PM
so still no word on where it is being played at

Waco ISD Stadium is what Marble Falls paper stated......Also, Austin American Statesman now reporting it's at Waco as well......

Cam
11-16-2013, 05:13 PM
Hey! here's a big :2thumbsup to Burnet fans last night! Good travel crowd and noisy!!.....Them cans still got my headache goin'!!.....

defense51
11-16-2013, 05:39 PM
How about the Burnet kicker, that kid has one heavy foot! :1omg!: What's the longest field goal he's kicked?

83Indian
11-16-2013, 06:47 PM
If Kennedale can play any kind of decent pass coverage, they can beat Burnet. Kennedale will be able to move the ball and score. Burnet has an impressive qb. Very poised in the pocket. Spread offenses with a good qb are just hard to stop in hs football. Seems Alvarado keeps running into them in the first round the last two years.

Cam
11-16-2013, 07:00 PM
How about the Burnet kicker, that kid has one heavy foot! :1omg!: What's the longest field goal he's kicked?

......I think it's 92 yards!....:doh:......to be honest, I don't know....BullDawgDad could tell ya.....I do know Austin Huff is getting a lot of looks from colleges....

Cam
11-16-2013, 07:07 PM
If Kennedale can play any kind of decent pass coverage, they can beat Burnet. Kennedale will be able to move the ball and score. Burnet has an impressive qb. Very poised in the pocket. Spread offenses with a good qb are just hard to stop in hs football. Seems Alvarado keeps running into them in the first round the last two years.

Can you believe Burnet QB has a little brother who played QB in 8th grade last year but decided not to play his frosh year....loves running and basketball.....Hope he changes his mind next year and comes back!.....

BullDawgDad
11-16-2013, 08:22 PM

In practice he has hit from 65 yards...in game his longest is 42. He's hoping for an offer from A&M

refereedoc
11-16-2013, 09:48 PM

Their scheme didn't work last year with 11 seniors as TJ torched them for 8 td passes. I think Burnet can throw at will. See Cam another Ville guy likes Burnet.:wave:

toddg
11-17-2013, 01:22 AM
One thing is for certain.. Kennedale has been battle tested
Non district games..Argyle, mansfield legacy, Everman, and Crowley.. This will be an interesting game..I wouldn't mind watching this game.. But I'll be going to watch Aledo hang half a 100(or more) on WF Rider

Cam
11-17-2013, 01:34 AM
Non district games..Argyle, mansfield legacy, Everman, and Crowley.. This will be an interesting game..I wouldn't mind watching this game.. But I'll be going to watch Aledo hang half a 100(or more) on WF Rider

Were you at the game last night??

LHPfactory
11-17-2013, 07:14 AM
Burnet will win, Then pull a David and Goliath on Sville......

D'Highlander
11-17-2013, 07:38 AM

If Burnet wins they get AW or Cooper before Stephenville. If Stephenville can get by Springtown and probably Big Spring ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

toddg
11-17-2013, 07:50 AM
I meant Boswell... I'm guess I got Rider on the mind lol!

hollywood
11-17-2013, 08:56 AM

Ha! Wishful thinking!

If Brownwood can beat Burnet, well you know the rest. Lol

BullDawgDad
11-17-2013, 10:14 AM
Ha! Wishful thinking!

The 21 points Brownwood scored on Burnet were because of some special teams issues that we were dealing with...those have been corrected so the outcome would now be totally different. Burnet would like the opportunity and challenge of playing Stephenville again. The game this year would be a lot closer...of all of Burnet's losses this year they have been by 7 or less.

hollywood
11-17-2013, 12:13 PM
The 21 points Brownwood scored on Burnet were because of some special teams issues that we were dealing with...those have been corrected so the outcome would now be totally different. Burnet would like the opportunity and challenge of playing Stephenville again. The game this year would be a lot closer...of all of Burnet's losses this year they have been by 7 or less.

I know BullDawgDad, just had to stir it up a little. I agree, it would be a better game.. Stephenville's defense is stronger this season and the running game is almost unstoppable with Stidham being a key factor in reading defenses. The freshman RB is a stud! If they need a 2-3 yards on 3rd an 4th downs, they go to "Hammer Time" where they put 2 huge upbacks in front of one of the big DE's and power forward for 3-5 yards consistently. Just like what the announcers said last night during the Baylor/Tech game, Briles's scheme is to be able to run the ball first. Even though Stephenville is known for their ability to throw the ball, it's the running game mixed in with the spread that makes their offense so hard to stop. Good stuff!

Best of luck to Burnet this week!

panfan
11-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Ha! Wishful thinking!

Lame argument. You know better than that, otherwise there would be no reason to play the game. All teams have a bad night or two when things aren't clicking.

texas_wildcat
11-17-2013, 03:12 PM
with the way kennedale have been playing i think they will win by two TD

Sville
11-17-2013, 03:17 PM

What he said, the K-Train wins by 14-21 and is my pick to meet Sville in the Qtr's.

texas_wildcat
11-17-2013, 03:21 PM
I hope so

hollywood
11-17-2013, 03:42 PM
I have Kennadale and Stephenville on my bracket. But wouldn't surprise me if Burnet won this one. They put a whoopin on Alvarado. I think it'll be a close game. Burnet has proven it can slow down rushing attacks.

Cam
11-17-2013, 07:15 PM

talk to us tw.....glad you are here!....Are you the only one from Kennedale who's gonna come out and play??......Tell us about your Wildcats...How's the D? Strengths?.....Inquiring minds want to know!......Who's been ya'll's toughest opponent this season?......What kind of pregame meal do the Wildcats eat?......Fill us in!.....:D.....and don't worry, if I try to give our coaches any of this info, they just run me off!!....:doh:

Cam
11-17-2013, 07:19 PM
What he said, the K-Train wins by 14-21 and is my pick to meet Sville in the Qtr's.

Sville....you hittin' that peyote pretty hard??.......If Burnet loses, it ain't gonna be by that much!!.....:taunt:

hollywood
11-17-2013, 07:34 PM
Lame argument. You know better than that, otherwise there would be no reason to play the game. All teams have a bad night or two when things aren't clicking.

Not all teams panny! The great ones make adjustments and overcome adversity!

Lame excuse!

bleedgreen
11-17-2013, 10:38 PM
toddg mentioned Kennedale was battle tested. For the last few years Kennedale has tried to play excellent 3a teams and 4a teams in the preseason. I keep expecting Kennedale to go 4a (or whatever) each year but "the odds are always in our favor". This year was no different. I haven't seen any games this year except Castleberry and Burkburnett. Argyle manhandled us 45-7. D1-4a Mansfield Legacy beat us 43-27. Their record is 9-2 and they beat Tyler 35-14 first round with McKinney North up next. D1-4a Crowley (10-1) beat us 42-41. In playoff first round they beat FTW Arlington Heights 45-21. Birdville is up next. D1-4a Texas (9-2) of Texarkana beat us 27-7. They lost to McKinney North in first round 26-14. Of course district was not very challenging. Right now I say whoever is most hungry will win....Let the Hunger Games Begin......and may the odds be ever in your favor.

King-Kat
11-18-2013, 02:50 AM
here is the deal on Kennedale. If they score first, you must match them as their offense is extremely fast. If the opponent scores first you must stop Kennedale. In other words, Ktowns defense is the worst it has been in years, if they get one maybe two stops, you will not catch them as they will score on 9 of 10 possessions. It may not be the defense is horrible, just tired. The offense will score in 1 or 2 plays and bring the defense right back on the field. I do not know squat about Burnett so I should not make any type of prediction, to do so would be ludicrous, it would only be bias. I do know as the season progresses teams usually get better. I know Kennedale scrimmaged Alvarado in pre season and the speed of Kennedale overwhelmed Alvarado. That would be the only thing I have there. If you do not know how to defend the Wing-T it is very difficult to stop. Coach Barrett runs a modified Wing-T to perfection, as others have stated the misdirection will cause you to go cross eyed. Kennedales district scores of 60's and 70's could EASILY have been triple digits, these were pretty much mid 2nd quarter scores. Afterwards 2nd and 3rd strings and running clocks. I really do not know what to expect as I said I don't know anything about Burnett, if someone does, please enlighten us and maybe we can come up with something.

panfan
11-18-2013, 08:39 AM
Not all teams panny! The great ones make adjustments and overcome adversity!

Lame excuse!

Basing your argument on fact that you played in the wood and other the ville, the wood is all powerful. Keep on drinking that maroon koolade (mixed with alien juice from the ville - hey we all know they are good, but on any given day, any team is beatable). The chiefs were the only undefeated NFL team, that is until last night. I'll bet they still make a long and deep run.

panfan
11-18-2013, 10:02 AM
Sville....you hittin' that peyote pretty hard??.......If Burnet loses, it ain't gonna be by that much!!.....:taunt:

CAM!!!! Refocus. I know it takes some time for the ADHD meds to kick in some time. Kennedale is next.

Burnet will take this one by 2 TDs. plus a field goal or two.

texas_wildcat
11-18-2013, 10:22 AM
should be a good game till the 4th

Cam
11-18-2013, 10:27 AM
here is the deal on Kennedale. If they score first, you must match them as their offense is extremely fast. If the opponent scores first you must stop Kennedale. In other words, Ktowns defense is the worst it has been in years, if they get one maybe two stops, you will not catch them as they will score on 9 of 10 possessions. It may not be the defense is horrible, just tired. The offense will score in 1 or 2 plays and bring the defense right back on the field. I do not know squat about Burnett so I should not make any type of prediction, to do so would be ludicrous, it would only be bias. I do know as the season progresses teams usually get better. I know Kennedale scrimmaged Alvarado in pre season and the speed of Kennedale overwhelmed Alvarado. That would be the only thing I have there. If you do not know how to defend the Wing-T it is very difficult to stop. Coach Barrett runs a modified Wing-T to perfection, as others have stated the misdirection will cause you to go cross eyed. Kennedales district scores of 60's and 70's could EASILY have been triple digits, these were pretty much mid 2nd quarter scores. Afterwards 2nd and 3rd strings and running clocks. I really do not know what to expect as I said I don't know anything about Burnett, if someone does, please enlighten us and maybe we can come up with something.

good stuff King!.....I can see you don't know much about Burnett!....First, let's start with the spelling.....it's Burnet with just one "t".....By any chance, you been hangin' out with toddg from Alvarado??:D.........I am a displaced Dallasite so I too didn't even know how to spell Burnet for awhile!...Then I moved here and all I got were Burnet folks telling me I wasn't pronouncing it right either!....I'd hear em' tell me, "It's Burnet durn it learn it!"...........:vrycnfsd:

Cam
11-18-2013, 10:51 AM
should be a good game till the 4th

....and then what???......

hollywood
11-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Basing your argument on fact that you played in the wood and other the ville, the wood is all powerful. Keep on drinking that maroon koolade (mixed with alien juice from the ville - hey we all know they are good, but on any given day, any team is beatable). The chiefs were the only undefeated NFL team, that is until last night. I'll bet they still make a long and deep run.

:fnypost:

panfan
11-18-2013, 11:07 AM
:fnypost:

I always try to enrich someone's day. Glad today it was your's Holly!!!:2thumbsup

toddg
11-18-2013, 12:40 PM
Alvarado/Kennedale..we dont like each other much..but, there is mucho mutual respect between the two coaching staffs and schools(our JH teams still play each other 2 times every season)..its been a heated rivalry over the years..Coach Barrett epitomizes class all the way..his teams always execute very well.
i see this game between Burnet and Kennedale going to the wire, toe to toe, high scoring and should be very entertaining to watch..it could very well end up being a FG that wins this game...hey Burnet fans..watch JWashington during warm ups and you'll see what i mean when i say he even jogs fast..its unreal!!

hollywood
11-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Alvarado/Kennedale..we dont like each other much..but, there is mucho mutual respect between the two coaching staffs and schools(our JH teams still play each other 2 times every season)..its been a heated rivalry over the years..Coach Barrett epitomizes class all the way..his teams always execute very well.
i see this game between Burnet and Kennedale going to the wire, toe to toe, high scoring and should be very entertaining to watch..it could very well end up being a FG that wins this game...hey Burnet fans..watch JWashington during warm ups and you'll see what i mean when i say he even jogs fast..its unreal!!

Good post toddg! Kenndale does play hard, executes like a machine, and will play hardcore defense.

You're right about J Washington, that kid is special. Stephenville kept him bottled up for the most part last year, but I'm sure he's a stronger more experienced player this year.

Cam
11-18-2013, 01:07 PM

I'm sure Burnet's gonna pay special attention to Wash....it's gonna be all about slowing him down....I've seen plenty of highlights of him..Impressive kid indeed! I'm sure he'll get his yards.....Burnet offense seems to be picking up steam as well....QB Kiser is one cool cat...uhh...dog!!....He'll find his targets! And he's got plenty of those!....I agree with you toddg...gonna be a fun game..
This kid and others will be fishin' for some Washfish!.....just hope the Washfish takes the bait and doesn't swim off too often!!....:D..
http://imageshack.us/a/img96/183/dh2y.jpg

Cam
11-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Kennedale's Juwan Washington rushed for 338 yards and 6 TD's last week vs. Burkburnett!!....:eek::clap:

http://imageshack.us/a/img833/7949/c2ao.jpg

Cam
11-18-2013, 01:33 PM
hey, anybody know who's home and visitor for this game???.....

toddg
11-18-2013, 01:44 PM
I'm sure Burnet's gonna pay special attention to Wash....it's gonna be all about slowing him down....I've seen plenty of highlights of him..Impressive kid indeed! I'm sure he'll get his yards.....Burnet offense seems to be picking up steam as well....QB Kiser is one cool cat...uhh...dog!!....He'll find his targets! And he's got plenty of those!....I agree with you toddg...gonna be a fun game..
This kid and others will be fishin' for some Washfish!.....just hope the Washfish takes the bait and doesn't swim off too often!!....:D..
http://imageshack.us/a/img96/183/dh2y.jpg

i didnt get to see the game last week..had to work..but my son was suited up on the sidelines...and D51 kept me apprised..turnovers and Kiser's bombs did us in..quick strike for sure!!

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/steven1.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)
anyone can hold a bigarse fish by the gills...but can he play a sax like my son?!! booyaww sophs aint soft!!http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/14335/Tip-Hat~0.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Cam
11-18-2013, 01:57 PM
i didnt get to see the game last week..had to work..but my son was suited up on the sidelines...and D51 kept me apprised..turnovers and Kiser's bombs did us in..quick strike for sure!!

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/steven1.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)
anyone can hold a bigarse fish by the gills...but can he play a sax like my son?!! booyaww sophs aint soft!!http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/14335/Tip-Hat~0.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

LOL.....Music is my hobby!....and I love musicians!!..I own at least 6 guitars but can't play any of them!....My wife gets mad at me cause I buy too much music...collect albums and CD's...have well over a thousand of each!!..My older boy was on the drum line up until his freshman year....He insisted he was gonna play football and march at halftime as well...but in the end it was just too much to do and decided he wanted to hit people instead of drum skins!...It was a tough decision for him.....I guess it all worked out in the end....

http://imageshack.us/a/img594/301/uts9.jpg

toddg
11-18-2013, 02:26 PM
LOL.....Music is my hobby!....and I love musicians!!..I own at least 6 guitars but can't play any of them!....My wife gets mad at me cause I buy too much music...collect albums and CD's...have well over a thousand of each!!..My older boy was on the drum line up until his freshman year....He insisted he was gonna play football and march at halftime as well...but in the end it was just too much to do and decided he wanted to hit people instead of drum skins!...It was a tough decision for him.....I guess it all worked out in the end....

http://imageshack.us/a/img594/301/uts9.jpg

my son puts in 60 hours a week from doing both with school...he may have to make that decision too..but says he will continue both..wish i had that energy!!

Sville
11-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Good post toddg! Kenndale does play hard, executes like a machine, and will play hardcore defense.

You're right about J Washington, that kid is special. Stephenville kept him bottled up for the most part last year, but I'm sure he's a stronger more experienced player this year.

He had a pretty good day last year against the Jackets, as JW went for 149 yards on 25 carries with 2 TDs. If it were not for Preston Brown running him down at the 3 yard line he would of had a 100 yd KO return as well. Their FB Darville also had nearly 100 rushing with a TD and he is back also. The K-Train rushed for 339 yards against Sville last year and have 7 of those offensive starters back.

Cam
11-18-2013, 03:33 PM
He had a pretty good day last year against the Jackets, as JW went for 149 yards on 25 carries with 2 TDs. If it were not for Preston Brown running him down at the 3 yard line he would of had a 100 yd KO return as well. Their FB Darville also had nearly 100 rushing with a TD and he is back also. The K-Train rushed for 339 yards against Sville last year and have 7 of those offensive starters back.

So, who you got in this game Sville??......

hollywood
11-18-2013, 03:45 PM
So, who you got in this game Sville??......

I think Sville picked K-train, as I did in my bracket.

But would be pleasantly ecstatic if Burnet won! ;)

GO DAWGS! :cheerl:

hollywood
11-18-2013, 03:48 PM

Yes he did. Like I said, Ville kept him in bottled up considering he could have busted a few long runs on any given play. He's just a Jr this year, correct? hard to contain that kid. Get ready Burnet. Best RB y'all will have faced so far.

mick5302
11-18-2013, 04:13 PM
Yes, Washington's only a junior. Looks like rain Friday, that may add a new wrinkle

Cam
11-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Yes, Washington's only a junior. Looks like rain Friday, that may add a new wrinkle

Yep...I'm hearing 40% chance in the hill country with a front moving thru....may be past Waco by Friday evening but you know how them weathermen lie!!....

SHSBulldog00
11-18-2013, 08:03 PM
This is my

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/8561/ioeh.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/ioeh.jpg/)

game.

BullDawgDad
11-19-2013, 11:08 AM
hey, anybody know who's home and visitor for this game???.....

Burnet will be the home team in this contest.

defense51
11-19-2013, 02:32 PM
In practice he has hit from 65 yards...in game his longest is 42. He's hoping for an offer from A&M

Good luck to him, he's impressive!

greendawg84
11-19-2013, 08:35 PM
D51 , didnt get a chance to post on the other thread so will do it here . Your boy played with a heck of a game against us . Played with a LOT OF CLASS ( reminds me a lot of Cams boy ). I saw him many times helping our players up off the field ( after he knocked their arse down ) . After Meeting you , I will say I know where he gets it from . You also know that Cam and I are NOT the same person ( see I told you he was taller ) unlike panfan who thinks we are the same poster :tisk: . Good luck to him next year . If you get bored we will be in Waco Friday night !

Also thank you for serving our country as you did ! :clap:

BullDawgDad
11-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Good luck to him, he's impressive!

Thanks defense51...he puts in a lot hard work to his craft.

Cam
11-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Marble Falls Daily Tribune write-up of Kennedale/Burnet game:

http://www.dailytrib.com/2013/11/21/burnet-football-speedy-kennedale-second-round-game/

hollywood
11-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Marble Falls Daily Tribune write-up of Kennedale/Burnet game:

http://www.dailytrib.com/2013/11/21/burnet-football-speedy-kennedale-second-round-game/

Good article Cam. I honestly hope Burnet wins. Especially for Coach Jones and even you, greendawg, and BullDawgDad. You hill country bumpkins. :D

Even though it will mess up my bracket if Burnet wins, they will have deserved it! lol

Cam
11-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Good article Cam. I honestly hope Burnet wins. Especially for Coach Jones and even you, greendawg, and BullDawgDad. You hill country bumpkins. :D

Even though it will mess up my bracket if Burnet wins, they will have deserved it! lol

yeah...I'm rootin' for Coach Jones and his staff!...When he was hired, everyone who knew him said he would put Burnet "back on the map"!....Hope they win too...especially for BDD cause he's got a kid playin'...and of course G-Dawg, who's JV boy is now experiencing the playoffs....As for me, I got no dog in this fight and won't have one until my youngin' gets there in a couple of years...(if he decides to play).....I'm hoping by then Jones will have a solid foundation already in place....looks like he's off to a great start!!
As for this game, I have no idea what to expect, but my wife, boy, and I plan on being there!!....The boys are focused and if Kennedale's are too, we're probably in for a thriller!.....It's only Thursday and I'm already feeling the cold!!!....Dang, I hate the cold!!....this is all your fault Greendawg!!..... :foul:

ohh..it was kinda cool driving home from work last night...Going down Hwy. 29 you first see Liberty Hill's stadium lights and the boys puttin' in the time....then just 10 miles west Burnet's lights burning bright as well!.......:2thumbsup

greendawg84
11-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Not my fault , I hate anything less than 75 degrees ! I would not wish cold weather on panfan !!

I ask my boy what he thought about last weeks game , being moved up and everything . His reply " I was praying I would not fall down running thru the tunnel in front of the whole town of Burnet , and man its loud on Friday nights " . :blush:

Cam
11-21-2013, 02:04 PM
A little ditty compliments of Sharon Schwartz: http://animoto.com/play/RT873s9Uu104qxTrbL5Dog

Nice song selection! First album I ever bought when I was 14 and had just got paid from my first job: The Best of Bachman Turner Overdrive!......still have that dang album...

panfan
11-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Not my fault , I hate anything less than 75 degrees ! I would not wish cold weather on panfan !!

I ask my boy what he thought about last weeks game , being moved up and everything . His reply " I was praying I would not fall down running thru the tunnel in front of the whole town of Burnet , and man its loud on Friday nights " . :blush:

Gee thanks G-dawg. But I can take it. Lived in Laramie, WY for several years so -20 to -30 was cold, skin stickin to steel cold, but 40s and 50s, just another spring day! Course its a lot more humid down here than there. Good luck Dawgs Friday night. I'm thinking the Friday night games will be worse in terms of weather than the Saturday games, but who knows.

Cam
11-21-2013, 02:39 PM

He ain't kiddin' it's loud!....this is the loudest Burnet bunch I can recall!!....
Hey G-Dawg....if you bring some kindling and a match or two, I'll bring some lighter fluid and we'll get a fire goin'!....We'll make them dang bleachers warm!!!!......

hollywood
11-21-2013, 02:41 PM
He ain't kiddin' it's loud!....this is the loudest Burnet bunch I can recall!!....
Hey G-Dawg....if you bring some kindling and a match or two, I'll bring some lighter fluid and we'll get a fire goin'!....We'll make them dang bleachers warm!!!!......

Are the Burnet-ites using noise makers these days?

greendawg84
11-21-2013, 03:38 PM

I will for sure have the ole propane heater !

hollywood
11-21-2013, 03:40 PM
yeah...I'm rootin' for Coach Jones and his staff!...When he was hired, everyone who knew him said he would put Burnet "back on the map"!....Hope they win too...especially for BDD cause he's got a kid playin'...and of course G-Dawg, who's JV boy is now experiencing the playoffs....As for me, I got no dog in this fight and won't have one until my youngin' gets there in a couple of years...(if he decides to play).....I'm hoping by then Jones will have a solid foundation already in place....looks like he's off to a great start!!
As for this game, I have no idea what to expect, but my wife, boy, and I plan on being there!!....The boys are focused and if Kennedale's are too, we're probably in for a thriller!.....It's only Thursday and I'm already feeling the cold!!!....Dang, I hate the cold!!....this is all your fault Greendawg!!..... :foul:

ohh..it was kinda cool driving home from work last night...Going down Hwy. 29 you first see Liberty Hill's stadium lights and the boys puttin' in the time....then just 10 miles west Burnet's lights burning bright as well!.......:2thumbsup

Burnet at least has a viable chance!

So you really think Springtown can beat Stephenville?

Cam
11-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Are the Burnet-ites using noise makers these days?

....all kinds!...:doh:.....I'm thinkin' I might break out my old maracas and throw in a matraca as well!......if anyone can be obnoxious, it's me!!...Heck, last Friday I tried whistlin' and discovered I had forgotten how!...My wife was laughin' up a storm until she realized my tongue had cramped up and blocked my airway!....so Cam is over here chokin' to death and everybody is raisin' cane totally unaware!....After my wife slapped me upside the head and got me breathin' again, I finally figured out how to whistle again! But I couldn't even hear my own whistlin'....so I said, "ahhh the hell with it!".....I just went to clappin'!!.....:clap:......we especially like makin' noise when the other team has the ball!.....:D

Last week the Alvarado center kept turnin' around....."what?"...."what?".....:doh:......

Cam
11-21-2013, 03:56 PM
I will for sure have the ole propane heater !

them things ain't allowed!!.....are they??.....:vrycnfsd:

Cam
11-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Burnet at least has a viable chance!

So you really think Springtown can beat Stephenville?

:thinking:.....I don't even know where Springtown is !!!......I know nothin' bout their football team......I'll have to check em' out on MaxPreps.....

BullDawgDad
11-21-2013, 09:51 PM
From Austin American-Statesman Prepped and Ready Burnet 101 nice history lesson. Nice mention of Austin. Some great company to be in with several college greats and NFL players!!

http://m.statesman.com/weblogs/varsity-news/2013/nov/21/prepped-and-ready-burnet-101/

garageoffice
11-21-2013, 10:45 PM
I can't see Springtown having any chance against Stephenville. Their defense is mediocre and their offense is very inconsistent, at least from what I saw of them when we played them. We were tied at 28 at the half... Mostly because of a couple of key mistakes we made defensively... And some over-confidence and lack of focus, I think. In the second half we scored 28 unanswered points and they never really threatened again. Stephenville is just too good in every facet of the game.

I'm betting this game between Burnet and Kennedale is a good one, though. I expect it to be hard-fought and probably high scoring.

Cam
11-21-2013, 11:01 PM
Spoke to one of our coaches tonight...Said Kennedale is really good and that RB Juwan Washington is the "real deal". Still, I sensed a quiet confidence in him...Burnet is ready!

lv2937
11-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Burnet wasn't as loud as they were in 92. That was the loudest group of people I have ever heard.

Cam
11-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Burnet wasn't as loud as they were in 92. That was the loudest group of people I have ever heard.

yeah....but you're hearin' was probably a lot better back then!!.....:spitlol:.....just kiddin' my fellow Burnetian!!.....

lv2937
11-22-2013, 11:01 AM
To me that was the o my year that the whole town really got behind d the bulldogs.the sbiply/McGee years was pretty good but not like the 92 year.

hollywood
11-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Spoke to one of our coaches tonight...Said Kennedale is really good and that RB Juwan Washington is the "real deal". Still, I sensed a quiet confidence in him...Burnet is ready!

He is the real deal Cam! Will be the best one-two punch Burnet will have faced.

lv2937
11-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Back in those good old days they would have the pep rally in the evenings so everyone could go to it. They would have it on the square, out at the airport or anywhere to draw people. Now they have it durni g school hours and the working people can t go. They would BRI g guest speakers in to speak to the players. Yes Cam my hearing was better back then.,

Cam
11-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Back in those good old days they would have the pep rally in the evenings so everyone could go to it. They would have it on the square, out at the airport or anywhere to draw people. Now they have it durni g school hours and the working people can t go. They would BRI g guest speakers in to speak to the players. Yes Cam my hearing was better back then.,

so was mine!....my ears are always poppin' and stuff nowadays.....must be all the after effects of AC/DC concerts and the likes...allergies too!......:doh:

Cam
11-22-2013, 12:07 PM
He is the real deal Cam! Will be the best one-two punch Burnet will have faced.

I think Burnet knows that....Hope the Wildkitties know Burnet got a real deal too!.....His name is Kiser and his posse of receivers!.....3034 yds. passing, 32 TD's.....
but now I got my own real deal to battle!....The Mrs. is hesitatin' to go to the game now cause of the weather conditions....I'll be arguing all day with her till the last minute!....but, I usually don't win those arguments!....:foul:......this is all your fault Greendawg!!!.....you and your dang rain dances!...

83Indian
11-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Weather conditions may give the wildcats a slight advantage. I'm going with a 35 - 31 Kennedale Victory.

Cam
11-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Weather conditions may give the wildcats a slight advantage. I'm going with a 35 - 31 Kennedale Victory.

....well, I hope you're wrong 83.....but I've heard thru the grapevine you are one smart SOB!!.....:D

Someone told me that's you on the far right!....Is that true??....

http://imageshack.us/a/img818/807/pcir.jpg

BB BULLS
11-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Kennedale x 3

Cam
11-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Kennedale x 3

hold on there BB....Burnet's the one with the badass kicker!!...that boy once kicked a mule over the fence after the mule tried to kick him!...Dang mule thought he could out kick him!!...True story!....If anyone wins by a FG, it's Burnet!!..
:thinking:....Or did you mean 3 touchdowns??....:eek:

defense51
11-22-2013, 02:49 PM
I think Burnet knows that....Hope the Wildkitties know Burnet got a real deal too!.....His name is Kiser and his posse of receivers!.....3034 yds. passing, 32 TD's.....
but now I got my own real deal to battle!....The Mrs. is hesitatin' to go to the game now cause of the weather conditions....I'll be arguing all day with her till the last minute!....but, I usually don't win those arguments!....:foul:......this is all your fault Greendawg!!!.....you and your dang rain dances!...

Come on Greendawg, no rain dances unless the temperature is over 70°! :foul:

defense51
11-22-2013, 02:54 PM
so was mine!....my ears are always poppin' and stuff nowadays.....must be all the after effects of AC/DC concerts and the likes...allergies too!......:doh:

Yep, those Allergies concerts are supposed to be the loudest of any rock band! :D

BB BULLS
11-22-2013, 02:56 PM
hold on there BB....Burnet's the one with the badass kicker!!...that boy once kicked a mule over the fence after the mule tried to kick him!...Dang mule thought he could out kick him!!...True story!....If anyone wins by a FG, it's Burnet!!..
:thinking:....Or did you mean 3 touchdowns??....:eek:

just 3 points i am thinking 31-28 Kennedale as time runs out

Cam
11-22-2013, 03:05 PM
just 3 points i am thinking 31-28 Kennedale as time runs out

....You're killing me Smalls!!!..:doh:...---- "The Sandlot"......

BB BULLS
11-22-2013, 03:14 PM
....You're killing me Smalls!!!..:doh:...---- "The Sandlot"......

why not! it can happen Bigs!!!!! hahahaha. Kennedale will win, i dont know by how much i just like to see how close i can pick em. i have been wright my guess down every week since started posting, and i have been really close except the Bellville-Gonzo game. so i thought i would just post em this week. but since i did post some they will more than likely be way off and i will get bunch crap from everyone. since i cant root for my team any might as well do this.

hollywood
11-22-2013, 03:26 PM
why not! it can happen Bigs!!!!! hahahaha. Kennedale will win, i dont know by how much i just like to see how close i can pick em. i have been wright my guess down every week since started posting, and i have been really close except the Bellville-Gonzo game. so i thought i would just post em this week. but since i did post some they will more than likely be way off and i will get bunch crap from everyone. since i cant root for my team any might as well do this.

:clap:

You're a good sport BB BULL!

Now go bully those Steers over on the Graham/Glen Rose thread. They need to know who rules the pastures!

BB BULLS
11-22-2013, 03:32 PM
:clap:

You're a good sport BB BULL!

Now go bully those Steers over on the Graham/Glen Rose thread. They need to know who rules the pastures!

i would but just think that is gonna be one ugly game for GR. i mean everyone has chance i guess. that would be a huge upset. but you are right, let go see if i can get them riled up. i aint got anything better to do work is slow or iam just lazy today.

slingshot
11-22-2013, 04:39 PM
why not! it can happen Bigs!!!!! hahahaha. Kennedale will win, i dont know by how much i just like to see how close i can pick em. i have been wright my guess down every week since started posting, and i have been really close except the Bellville-Gonzo game. so i thought i would just post em this week. but since i did post some they will more than likely be way off and i will get bunch crap from everyone. since i cant root for my team any might as well do this.huk'd own foniks werkd four me!

BB BULLS
11-22-2013, 05:54 PM
huk'd own foniks werkd four me!

i take it your make fun of my grammer but i doesnt care. have fun with it cause if you cant have fun in life why live.

Cam
11-22-2013, 06:54 PM
i take it your make fun of my grammer but i doesnt care. have fun with it cause if you cant have fun in life why live.

:2thumbsup

"Laugh until life makes sense"
----- Graham Wilkinson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7cQoIbtycU

defense51
11-22-2013, 07:28 PM
:2thumbsup

"Laugh until life makes sense"
----- Graham Wilkinson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7cQoIbtycU or till you poop your pants, whichever comes first. :crying:

defense51
11-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Good luck to both teams, I'm still sticking with Burnet by 1-2 td's.

Cam
11-22-2013, 08:26 PM
Hearing Burnet kicker Austin Huff out for this game due to injury. JV kicker Alex Melvin to do the kicking tonight.....

bulldog60
11-22-2013, 08:29 PM
I Pick Burnet 36-16 over Keenedale

bulldog60
11-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Keenedale 3 and out
Burnet drives down the field on the first possession and converts a 4th and 23 for the first touchdown.

83Indian
11-22-2013, 09:40 PM
Kennedale unable to stop Burnet. Very impressive scoring machine. Surprised the cats have not been able to score more than a td. Burnet has this game in hand 35 to 8 at half

bulldog60
11-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Washington 15 carries for only 45 yards. Burnet has played many teams with a wing T and knows how to stop it.

Burnet 35
Kennedale 8
at the half

Where is Austin Huff?

Cam
11-22-2013, 09:50 PM
Washington 15 carries for only 45 yards. Burnet has played many teams with a wing T and knows how to stop it.

Burnet 35
Kennedale 8
at the half

Where is Austin Huff?

hurt in practice

bulldog60
11-22-2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks Cam I was just wondering where he was.. On any account looks like we are doing just fine..

Cam
11-22-2013, 09:56 PM
Thanks Cam I was just wondering where he was.. On any account looks like we are doing just fine..

Melvin is a fine kicker too!....

bulldog60
11-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Melvin is a fine kicker too!....

Yes he is doing great under less than optimal conditions.

Cam
11-23-2013, 12:48 AM
Yep, those Allergies concerts are supposed to be the loudest of any rock band! :D

:doh:

Cam
11-23-2013, 10:02 AM
The Daily Tribune Marble Falls game story:

http://www.dailytrib.com/2013/11/22/hafley-burnet-bulldogs-beat-kennedale-55-35-advance/

refereedoc
11-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Good job Bulldogs. I thought you would throw the ball easily on them. See you guys in round 4!

Cam
11-23-2013, 10:31 AM
Good job Bulldogs. I thought you would throw the ball easily on them. See you guys in round 4!

Whoa! Let's not get ahead of ourselves........Burnet only thinking bout the 3rd round!.....;)

BullDawgDad
11-23-2013, 12:23 PM
hurt in practice

Ankle sprain

1st and goal
11-23-2013, 12:47 PM
Congrats Bulldogs!
Good season Kennedale.

hollywood
11-23-2013, 02:20 PM
Burnet Dern It!! Y'all messed up my bracket!!

That's ok, I'm proud for the Bulldogs and especially Coach Jones! He's got a good good thing building in Burnet. He and his family deserves the success as does the community of Burnet. Even Cam, BullDawgDad, and greendawg... And the rest of you green dawgs! Lol

A possible Stephenville/Burnet playoff match up in the future? Whoa Nelly!! Wouldn't that be something?!

BullDawgDad
11-23-2013, 02:26 PM

That's ok, I'm proud for the Bulldogs and especially Coach Jones! He's got a good good thing building in Burnet. He and his family deserves the success as does the community of Burnet. Even Cam, BullDawgDad, and greendawg... And the rest of you green dawgs! Lol

A possible Stephenville/Burnet playoff match up in the future? Whoa Nelly!! Wouldn't that be something?!

Thanks Hollywood...a Stephenville/Burnet match up is the plan!!! Congrats to you all on your win as well last night.

defense51
11-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Congrats to the Bulldogs on another good win! :clap:

defense51
11-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Cam, I'm guessing my argument suggestion worked on Mrs. Cam?

Cam
11-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Congrats to the Bulldogs on another good win! :clap:

Thanks D51!.....man, I don't know how any of these boys can play in conditions like that!.....If it had been me out there, my testicles would've gone up so far it would've choked me to death!!....if it ain't whistlin' chokin' me, it's the ol' scrot!.....:doh:

Cam
11-23-2013, 05:04 PM
cam, i'm guessing my argument suggestion worked on mrs. Cam?

nope!.....

greendawg84
11-23-2013, 06:44 PM

Thanks Holly , I just hope we make it that far ! LOL Would be a great match up but lets just make it thru next week and see what happens .

hollywood
11-23-2013, 07:07 PM
Thanks Holly , I just hope we make it that far ! LOL Would be a great match up but lets just make it thru next week and see what happens .

Good stuff! I agree! I know the players and coaches are taking it one week at a time... It's fun for us fans/posters to think optimistically!

greendawg84
11-23-2013, 07:38 PM
Good stuff! I agree! I know the players and coaches are taking it one week at a time... It's fun for us fans/posters to think optimistically!

Agree 100 % thanks for your imput to keep it interesting .

BullDawgDad
11-24-2013, 02:18 AM
The Burnet Bulldogs will play Lubbock Cooper on Saturday November 30th at 2:00pm in Brownwood at Gordon Wood Stadium. Burnet will be the home team.