PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale / Lorena

87 TIGER
11-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Rockdale 55
Lorena 36

regaleagle
11-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Pretty much says it all right there. Rockdale is much better than most gave credence to. Don't know why Lorena wasn't able to match up, but it's one and done now. This time of the season, you have to show up every week with your best game....or it's curtains.

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2013, 01:11 PM
Pretty much says it all right there. Rockdale is much better than most gave credence to. Don't know why Lorena wasn't able to match up, but it's one and done now. This time of the season, you have to show up every week with your best game....or it's curtains.

I tried to tell the Leopards that Rockdale is a good team!

FB-fanatic
11-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Rockdale was the real deal. Big, physical, fast. Our offense stuttered the first two series with three and out, while the Tigers dominated early with good mix of the run and passing game. Hats off.

Lorena did pull within 2 TD's before half with :02 seconds left on the clock, with #19 Coleman scrambling and hitting #15 along the back line of the endzone, for a big momentum boost before half, the same deficite we overcame last year to win. But the momentum swing was not meant to be. On the ensuing kickoff before half, Lorena opts to squib/onside kick to prevent any unlikely big run return before half. Ball bounces three times, bounces off Tiger, Leopard, then scramble for the ball. When the smoke clears, the scoreboard chimes :02 left in the half and the Tigers in possession of the ball. The clock never started on the first touch. The Tigers Hail Mary before half bounces off a couple of players and into the hands of an awaiting Tiger. Momentum killed.

Lorena offense did outscore the Tigers in the second half, but the defense was not able hold the Tigers in check, led by an enormous front line, and with nice speed.

My son, Coleman #19, finishes with 464 career points scored, #73rd all-time all classifications. He faught hard and left it all on the field.

Hats off to the Tigers for sportsmanship - several of the players made their way over to our side after shower and changing, complimenting and consoling our group. Good luck, you guys have the tools to do very well. And for us, we'll wait and see if anything DII comes along; if not, I get the next 4 years joining my son on Saturdays at College Station, following the Aggies.

87 TIGER
11-17-2013, 03:41 AM
#19 was just as awesome this year as last. If no one gives him a shot at the next level they are idiots! We new we had to stop Coleman to have a chance and Lorena just didn't have an answer for the Tiger offense. The last 2 match ups with these 2 teams has been great, maybe we could schedule a ore dist. Game next year since it looks like we are headed to 2a. I would really like to keep this game year to year.

varsity parent
11-17-2013, 09:16 PM
#19 was just as awesome this year as last. If no one gives him a shot at the next level they are idiots! We new we had to stop Coleman to have a chance and Lorena just didn't have an answer for the Tiger offense. The last 2 match ups with these 2 teams has been great, maybe we could schedule a ore dist. Game next year since it looks like we are headed to 2a. I would really like to keep this game year to year.

Dang! 2A? Wow! Y'all are gonna wreck shop in 2A. That's a good team you have this year. Best of luck to you in the play-offs. I hope you advance far.