PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville Yellow Jackets vs Springtown Porcupines: Round 2 playoff game

hollywood
11-16-2013, 09:08 AM
Game is at Northwest stadium in Justin, TX set for Friday night @ 7:30

Anyone have any insight on Springtown? I'm assuming they run a balanced spread offense and are a solid team. They handled WF Hirschi to a tune of 49-27. They are 6-5 on the season. The 5 losses are all against solid teams. Liberty Christian, Decatur, Gainsville, Graham, and Kennedale. Their offense has been putting up some points averaging around 40 pts a game.

Should be another good test for the Jackets!

#1 TEXAN
11-16-2013, 09:45 AM
Game is at Northwest stadium in Justin, TX set for Friday night @ 7:30

Anyone have any insight on Springtown? I'm assuming they run a balanced spread offense and are a solid team. They handled WF Hirschi to a tune of 49-27. They are 6-5 on the season. The 5 losses are all against solid teams. Liberty Christian, Decatur, Gainsville, Graham, and Kennedale. Their offense has been putting up some points averaging around 40 pts a game.

Should be another good test for the Jackets!

If the jackets are everything you say they are they should be able to pick there score.

Smitty
11-16-2013, 11:21 AM
I was hoping that the game would be played in Mineral Wells.....oh well!

vtskneb
11-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Pojo will be round balling this time next week.

hollywood
11-16-2013, 01:59 PM
I think the Ville's D hasn't gotten a lot of respect this season. Granted it took them the first half of this season to acclimate and gel as a unit. Like Ville-D mentioned in another thread, the 1st team D has only given up 3 pts in the last 5 games! Brownwood kicked a 48 yard FG but also held Brownwood's offense to it's season low of 10 pts. I knew the D would be strong and they have proved they can hit, tackle and bring the heat.

School of hard knocks baby!

hollywood
11-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Get ready for this Springtown Porcupines!

Kaegun Williams #24 RB (freshman)

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/b/8a/b8a4e947-cca6-5aad-93c8-85bd1cdae530/52880c0f7e8a7.preview-300.jpg

bobcat1
11-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Get ready for this Springtown Porcupines!

Kaegun Williams #24 RB (freshman)

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/b/8a/b8a4e947-cca6-5aad-93c8-85bd1cdae530/52880c0f7e8a7.preview-300.jpgIs he watching himself run on the Big Screen? Porky Pines are doomed.

hollywood
11-18-2013, 08:24 PM
Is he watching himself run on the Big Screen? Porky Pines are doomed.

Haha, probably! He was running right at it! At least he could see it. The one in Brownwood is smaller than my LED home TV. :D

defense51
11-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Jackets by 1

toddg
11-18-2013, 10:08 PM
The tombstone will be glowing brightly Friday night.. The porkies are doomed, defeat awaits!!
Jacket by .5 :)

Sville
11-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Cody's Corner Week 12 (http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1634.0)

refereedoc
11-19-2013, 10:16 AM
The tombstone will be glowing brightly Friday night.. The porkies are doomed, defeat awaits!!
Jacket by .5 :)

Boy, Todd and John I hope we can live up to your expectations this week. :clap:

toddg
11-19-2013, 11:37 AM

LOL!! just keepin it real..dont want the Jackets losing focus:cheerl:

Rattler
11-19-2013, 11:50 AM
Here is when we played them week 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8moth-y99U&feature=share&list=UUseLzAR4hDLz8SlqhLVGwCw

jason
11-19-2013, 11:55 AM
Why is he calling them the Pojo's?

Rattler
11-19-2013, 12:10 PM
That's what they call themselves.

defense51
11-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Why is he calling them the Pojo's?

Porcupines + mojo = Pojo

jason
11-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Porcupines + mojo = Pojo

I know, but nobody calls them the "Pojo's".

caleb_mccaig
11-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Why would anyone want to be called Pojo's in the first place....

hollywood
11-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Where are all the Porcupine peeps? Stuck in a bush or something? :spitlol:

Pojo ain't got enough mojo to hang with the big-o Jackets! Maybe their busy airing up the basketballs already.

hollywood
11-21-2013, 03:37 PM
So, we have 2 Jacket haters in the polls.

A Burnet poster and a Vernon poster. Typical weasels. :rolleyes: :D

Ville-D
11-22-2013, 12:29 AM
So, we have 2 Jacket haters in the polls.

A Burnet poster and a Vernon poster. Typical weasels. :rolleyes: :D

Aggie98 jumped in too. He is hoping that we get knocked out before they have to line up across from us again... Good memories.

toddg
11-22-2013, 12:35 AM

POJO is the emblem painted on the 50 at their stadium...last time we were there...they didnt cross it much..

Manso/V8
11-22-2013, 12:42 AM
Where is JacketsSwarm?

Fire Away.

bleedgreen
11-22-2013, 01:09 AM
It's ridiculous to even talk about this game. Springtown is goin' down. A game like this is the result of the playoffs being diluted with 4 teams from each district.

hollywood
11-22-2013, 08:08 AM
Aggie98 jumped in too. He is hoping that we get knocked out before they have to line up across from us again... Good memories.

It would be like one of us picking Kaufman to beat Kilgore tonight! Lol He's a hater for sure. Kilgore is Kilgore. Nothing flashy. Just run run run and then their QB will roll out and throw a jump ball every now and then.

adoptedbuckeye
11-22-2013, 08:35 AM
It would be like one of us picking Kaufman to beat Kilgore tonight! Lol He's a hater for sure. Kilgore is Kilgore. Nothing flashy. Just run run run and then their QB will roll out and throw a jump ball every now and then.

Even though Kilgore did dominate Gilmer with the run, what I don't get is why they don't open the offense up and utilize all those athletes they have. Their qb can throw the ball pretty decent or take off running. But like Aggie98 has said before, they don't need to throw to win...against the teams they have played so far. They need to open it up imo. Like Henderson found out last year, relying on 3 main people as your entire offensive scheme will probably not get you a SC.

Aggie98
11-22-2013, 08:53 AM

I must have clicked the wrong button. :smoker:

jason
11-22-2013, 09:06 AM
My wife is from springtown, but she doesn't get on the DL but if she did, she would vote for stephenville.
Are any of yall actually going to the game tonight? I have 3 spare tickets because all my buddies backed out. Apparently it's going to be cold or something.

Sville
11-22-2013, 09:34 AM
I will be there

Ville-D
11-22-2013, 09:36 AM
I must have clicked the wrong button. :smoker:

That is understandable for an Aggie. :wave:

At least you are not DBagLoboFan... :thmbdwn: He is about the biggest douche on FNR.

Ville-D
11-22-2013, 09:36 AM
My wife is from springtown, but she doesn't get on the DL but if she did, she would vote for stephenville.
Are any of yall actually going to the game tonight? I have 3 spare tickets because all my buddies backed out. Apparently it's going to be cold or something.

I thought we were going to just flip for the win.

hollywood
11-22-2013, 09:43 AM
Even though Kilgore did dominate Gilmer with the run, what I don't get is why they don't open the offense up and utilize all those athletes they have. Their qb can throw the ball pretty decent or take off running. But like Aggie98 has said before, they don't need to throw to win...against the teams they have played so far. They need to open it up imo. Like Henderson found out last year, relying on 3 main people as your entire offensive scheme will probably not get you a SC.

I agree 100% adoptedbuckeye. And I wouldn't say Kilgore dominated Gilmer with the run. They were able to get chunks of yardage up the middle some, but Gilmer's dagger that night were turnovers. At least 14 points right there. Just a bad night. It's what we talked about before, execution becomes more important later in the season and I bet Gilmer is more focused than ever. If Argyle wins tonight (haha), next weeks game is going to be as big as the Carthage/Navasota game tonight.

If Kilgore and Stephenville both make it to the semi's again this year, Kilgore will have to throw the ball more than they have all season. And that won't bold well for them IMO.

hollywood
11-22-2013, 09:45 AM
I'll be there

toddg
11-22-2013, 09:51 AM
I'll be there
if it wasnt such a mismatch..id brave the cold..

hollywood
11-22-2013, 09:58 AM

I wanted to go to the Carthage/Navasota game, but the kiddos wanted to hang out with their friends of course. :rolleyes: :D

Ville-D
11-22-2013, 10:16 AM

Come on Todd... RefDoc and HWood will snuggle you to keep you warm.

refereedoc
11-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Come on Todd... RefDoc and HWood will snuggle you to keep you warm.

I will bring hand warmers a blankie and hot chocolate:wave:

Deuce
11-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Ville wins 42-0

Aggie98
11-22-2013, 10:40 AM
That is understandable for an Aggie. :wave:

At least you are not DBagLoboFan... :thmbdwn: He is about the biggest douche on FNR.

I felt sorry for Springtown, their little bar up there in the poll was so small. And what the heck kind of mascot is a porcupine? That's almost as bad as the Unicorns, or Vandals. Do they actually have a mascot walking around in a porcupine uniform? An inflatable tunnel in the shape of a porcupine? If they do, please include video footage in the highlights next week because I'm dying to see it.

jason
11-22-2013, 10:43 AM
I felt sorry for Springtown, their little bar up there in the poll was so small. And what the heck kind of mascot is a porcupine? That's almost as bad as the Unicorns, or Vandals. Do they actually have a mascot walking around in a porcupine uniform? An inflatable tunnel in the shape of a porcupine? If they do, please include video footage in the highlights next week because I'm dying to see it.
They do!! My wife was their mascot when she was in high school!

Aggie98
11-22-2013, 10:51 AM
They do!! My wife was their mascot when she was in high school!

That's awesome! I have a 3 year-old son that is scared to death of our Bulldog mascot. If he ever saw someone dressed in a porcupine uniform he would probably never sleep again.

hollywood
11-22-2013, 10:54 AM
There's usually a thread every so often on HS mascots.

How about these...

Hutto - mascot, Hippos
Cuero - mascot, a turkey, Gobblers
Groesbeck - mascot, Goats
San Marcus - mascot, Unicorns

hollywood
11-22-2013, 10:55 AM
That's awesome! I have a 3 year-old son that is scared to death of our Bulldog mascot. If he ever saw someone dressed in a porcupine uniform he would probably never sleep again.

:fnypost:

waterboy
11-22-2013, 11:17 AM
I thought we were going to just flip for the win.

That WOULD give Springtown a 50/50 chance of winning. Just go ahead and show up. That way their chances are about .0009% to get the win.

BB BULLS
11-22-2013, 11:22 AM
i strongly believe S'ville will win this with no problem, but strange things have happened before. hell the Texans might even get another win this year. hahahahaha

Aggie98
11-22-2013, 11:27 AM

How about these...

Hutto - mascot, Hippos

I've driven by Hutto High and noticed the nice concrete statue of a Hippo sitting in the front yard. I thought New Braunfels was the Unicorns.... is there more than one? Ricebirds is a pretty unique one too.

bansheefan03
11-22-2013, 11:28 AM
There is a team in Louisiana not sure where but they are the kittens

hollywood
11-22-2013, 11:32 AM
I've driven by Hutto High and noticed the nice concrete statue of a Hippo sitting in the front yard. I thought New Braunfels was the Unicorns.... is there more than one? Ricebirds is a pretty unique one too.

LOL... yes, it's New Braunfels just down the road. Ricebirds is different. What's a ricebird anyway? lol Guessing it's a bird that hangs around the rice fields in that part of Texas.

Aggie98
11-22-2013, 11:40 AM
LOL... yes, it's New Braunfels just down the road. Ricebirds is different. What's a ricebird anyway? lol Guessing it's a bird that hangs around the rice fields in that part of Texas.

A ricebird is nothing more than a red-winged blackbird, and they're everywhere. I guess it's easier to fit "ricebirds" on a uniform though, lol.

jason
11-22-2013, 11:46 AM
She says it looks like a bear with some homemade porcupine pointed things added to it.

hollywood
11-22-2013, 11:55 AM
A ricebird is nothing more than a red-winged blackbird, and they're everywhere. I guess it's easier to fit "ricebirds" on a uniform though, lol.

I bet! lol

Next time you are around Hutto, make sure to stop in at Louie Mueller's BBQ just down the road in Taylor. Now that is some good stuff. The Country Tavern ribs were good too when I stopped there a couple of weeks back for the Kilgore/Gilmer game. I felt lost in the piny woods though. Banjos were echoing all around. :eek:

Aggie98
11-22-2013, 12:10 PM
I bet! lol

Next time you are around Hutto, make sure to stop in at Louie Mueller's BBQ just down the road in Taylor. Now that is some good stuff. The Country Tavern ribs were good too when I stopped there a couple of weeks back for the Kilgore/Gilmer game. I felt lost in the piny woods though. Banjos were echoing all around. :eek:

I'm not much of a BBQ connoisseur.... I like it, but I don't love it. Now mexican food, that's a whole other story....

If you're in East Texas and you hear banjos, you're okay. It's when the banjo music stops that you need to become worried.

adoptedbuckeye
11-22-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm not much of a BBQ connoisseur.... I like it, but I don't love it. Now mexican food, that's a whole other story....

If you're in East Texas and you hear banjos, you're okay. It's when the banjo music stops that you need to become worried.

Jalapeno Tree in Kilgore is amazing! Now when the banjos stop, that means those Kilgore people are coming out of the woodshed...time to run lol

waterboy
11-22-2013, 12:34 PM
I'm not a fan of the Jalapeno Tree at all. The only place that is decent, in my opinion, here in Kilgore is Lupe's.

And, if the banjoes stop playing, that means you have been spotted and they are headed after you.

Aggie98
11-22-2013, 12:41 PM
I'm not a fan of the Jalapeno Tree at all. The only place that is decent, in my opinion, here in Kilgore is Lupe's.

And, if the banjoes stop playing, that means you have been spotted and they are headed after you.

No me gusta Jalapeno Tree either..... got so sick after eating there once a few years ago that I thought I was going to die. Never been back. Never been to Lupe's, either. I prefer El Rincon in Longview and several of the road-side taco stands around Whiskey Bend. There's a good one across from the dam on Lake Cherokee, too.

Aggie98
11-22-2013, 12:43 PM
No me gusta Jalapeno Tree either..... got so sick after eating there once a few years ago that I thought I was going to die. Never been back. Never been to Lupe's, either. I prefer El Rincon in Longview and several of the road-side taco stands around Whiskey Bend. There's a good one across from the dam on Lake Cherokee, too.

Oh, and Tele's is pretty darn good too. All of them.

waterboy
11-22-2013, 12:55 PM
Lupe's is not great, but decent. I'll get their Tuesday enchilada special on Tuesdays about twice a month for lunch. Where is El Rincon? Ima gonna have to try it out.

adoptedbuckeye
11-22-2013, 12:56 PM
East Texas takeover alert! Lol not that it matters much anyway...Ville wins this one big

waterboy
11-22-2013, 12:57 PM
You beat me to it, adoptedbuckeye!

THREAD HIJACK ALERT!!

adoptedbuckeye
11-22-2013, 12:58 PM

There's a taco stand up here at 42 and 1252 that's pretty dang good!

vtskneb
11-22-2013, 02:03 PM

How about these...

Hutto - mascot, Hippos

San Marcus are the Rattlers. New Braunfels are the Unicorns.

edit...I see the Aggie got you straightened out. We played them back in 2004 & 2005 is the only reason I know.

hollywood
11-22-2013, 02:35 PM
East Texas takeover alert! Lol not that it matters much anyway...Ville wins this one big

You beat me to it, adoptedbuckeye!

THREAD HIJACK ALERT!!

No problem, you guys are always welcome with the Villiens! :evil:

We have an open door policy. You may want to stay away from the funny looking water tower if you're ever around here though. Some crazy things happen we've heard... they call it AREA51-SV... people around here swear they see things up in the sky at dusk from time to time. :eek:

Aggie98
11-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Lupe's is not great, but decent. I'll get their Tuesday enchilada special on Tuesdays about twice a month for lunch. Where is El Rincon? Ima gonna have to try it out.

It's on Mobberly in an old Dairy Queen. Don't go at night though, bad part of town.

defense51
11-22-2013, 02:57 PM

I'm betting the house y'all cover the .5 point spread Todd predicted.

Jackets by 35

hollywood
11-22-2013, 03:10 PM
I'm betting the house y'all cover the .5 point spread Todd predicted.

Jackets by 35

What about the farm?

:wave:

defense51
11-22-2013, 03:29 PM
What about the farm?

:wave:
The farm too! :cheerl:

hollywood
11-22-2013, 03:36 PM
The farm too! :cheerl:

LOL.. hope you're safe and warm tonight. Would like to see y'all at the game in a couple of weeks in the 4th round if Stephenville takes care of business! Last year, Ville/Kilgore game was in Midlothian... or was it Mansfield? I always get those 2 mixed up! :blush:

vtskneb
11-22-2013, 03:43 PM
LOL.. hope you're safe and warm tonight. Would like to see y'all at the game in a couple of weeks in the 4th round if Stephenville takes care of business! Last year, Ville/Kilgore game was in Midlothian... or was it Mansfield? I always get those 2 mixed up! :blush:

Mansfield. I would say outside of Allen, Mansfield has the nicest high school stadium in the DFW area.

Aggie98
11-22-2013, 04:20 PM
Mansfield. I would say outside of Allen, Mansfield has the nicest high school stadium in the DFW area.

I agree. I thought that place was super-nice.

Ville-D
11-23-2013, 12:10 AM
I agree. I thought that place was super-nice.

Thinking back to that stadium makes me think of the opening kick-off. Good times. :2thumbsup