PDA

View Full Version : La Grange v Canyon Lake

Pudlugger
11-16-2013, 08:37 AM
The La Grange Leopards meet up with Fischer Canyon Lake in round 2 of R4 of the D1 Playoff bracket. Canyon Lake edged Pleasanton (9-2) 24-21 last night in their 1st round match and will meet La Grange for a rematch having lost to the Leps 48-28 in week 4. Their record now is 4-7. CL runs the slot t and has good size on their offensive line and average speed. CL has played hot and cold and has managed to sneak up on two favored teams having beaten Wimberley (4-7) 28-13 in their district game to snag a ticket to the playoffs. They entered district play 0-5, lost their first district game to Fredricksburg 14-34, then won three straight until being blown out by Navarro 62-0. It is difficult to beat a team twice in one season especially when that team has improved sense the first meeting. Hopefully the Leps will not overlook them and become the third favored team to fall prey to the Canyon Lake Hawks.

bag-o-chips
11-16-2013, 08:45 AM
You should win by 2 tds again. CL did rep D27 good beating a 9-1 team though.

rancher
11-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Take it to the house LG continues to roll will they will win by 20+. In a few weeks you will see a Leopard and bull rumble. Just like yesteryear.

Pudlugger
11-16-2013, 09:22 AM
Take it to the house LG continues to roll will they will win by 20+. In a few weeks you will see a Leopard and bull rumble. Just like yesteryear.

Thanks Rancher but it's going to be one game at a time.

YTBulldogs
11-16-2013, 11:36 AM
LG by 50.

Pudlugger
11-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Anyone know when, where and who is home team?

Pudlugger
11-17-2013, 09:23 AM

Sorry that rumble ain't going to happen. Gonzales played lights out last night and caught the Bulls unprepared to stop the run. Gonzales' big o line really delivered the goods by controlling the los. Their D stacked the box and forced the Brahmas into a passing game that is not their biggest strength. Hats off to the Gonzales coaching for a very effective game plan.

Canyon Lake runs the slot t and I expect Coach Kates will load the box up and go man to man in the secondary to do the same thing, force the pass. We have the athletes in the secondary to do it and plenty of speed to keep in front of the receivers so it would be an effective game plan.

hookandladder
11-17-2013, 09:27 AM
Georgetown ISD - Friday 7:30

A rematch of teams, La Grange won earlier this year 48-28. Who you got.

duckhunter
11-17-2013, 09:33 AM
The Leps by 14+

Pudlugger
11-17-2013, 09:37 AM
I started this thread with a poll yesterday morning. Maybe the mods could please merge them?

hookandladder
11-17-2013, 11:28 AM
I started this thread with a poll yesterday morning. Maybe the mods could please merge them?

Sorry Pud, I did not see one this morning.

Pudlugger
11-17-2013, 01:39 PM
In the first game the Leps were up 48-14 in the third and put the reserves in. The 2nd D was struggling and gave up two late tds. It was a good move nontheless because with all the time the reserves have gotten through the regular season they have the experience of at least a couple of games under their belts. In our game with El Campo the reserve D held EC on a goal line stand at the 4 when they failed to score on 4th down. The game ended after that. Do they have definitely gotten some swagger going on the bench. I expect CL to be much improved from when we played them but the Leps will be as well. The Leps can defend the slot t well and I expect we will force them to throw the ball. Georgetown will be a good venue and the game should be exciting.

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Leopards keep on rolling.

Gontex
11-17-2013, 07:52 PM
Can't afford to look past anyone can you? Good luck against Canyon Lake.

Pudlugger
11-17-2013, 08:40 PM
Can't afford to look past anyone can you? Good luck against Canyon Lake.

No sir you are correct about that Gontex. Some Bellville and El Campo fans were talking about a R4 Final match up with the Leps and all. I have seen too many good teams get knocked out of the playoffs to buy into that. One game at a time. Coach Kates will have the Leps ready for the hawks slot t by Friday you can count on that.

Gone Fishing
11-17-2013, 08:48 PM
I havent seen yall play this year, but You will have no problem beating CL.

PappaFeelGood
11-17-2013, 09:12 PM
LEPS by 28. Kates and staff have them focused on this game only.

Pudlugger
11-17-2013, 10:16 PM
LEPS by 28. Kates and staff have them focused on this game only.

Welcome to the board and the Lep team Papa. I think you might be spot on with that prediction. It is critical that Kates emphasis the importance of focus and resolve and to not expect an easy win just because we beat them going away last time. Things are different in the playoffs. CL knocked out Pleasanton who was 9-1 going into that game against CL 3-6.

Tejastrue
11-17-2013, 10:37 PM
CL has been like Jekyll and Hyde. Problem is predicting which one will show up. You got to think they are pumped up after beating Pleasanton and that can go a long way for their confidence. I support D-27 all the way but I'm not the least bit convinced they can pull the upset. Good luck to both teams!.

pacdaddy
11-17-2013, 10:38 PM
LG by 21:wave:

Manso/V8
11-18-2013, 01:16 AM
La Grange keeps the wheels on the bus for another week and cruise to the third round.

hookandladder
11-18-2013, 08:50 AM
La Grange keeps the wheels on the bus for another week and cruise to the third round.

It just kills you deep down inside, Come on man.

whitelightning5
11-18-2013, 08:56 AM
It just kills you deep down inside, Come on man.

You may have just soiled on the closest thing that you'll get to a compliment from Manso.

BB BULLS
11-18-2013, 09:04 AM
well Hook & Pud i will tell you right now i really hate to say this but LG by as many as they want. and yes hook it kills me to say it. SO THERE

Pudlugger
11-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Thanks, I'll take that BB. I must point out that CL has won 4 out of the six games since we played them in week 5. Never can be too cautious in the playoffs. They have played us before and even though we beat them they will be more confident and will know what to expect. Leps will need to stay focused and get the job done.

hookandladder
11-18-2013, 10:03 AM
well Hook & Pud i will tell you right now i really hate to say this but LG by as many as they want. and yes hook it kills me to say it. SO THERE

BB , my comment not directed at anyone other then Manso . We go back a few years , just good old ragging on each other.

BB BULLS
11-18-2013, 11:00 AM
BB , my comment not directed at anyone other then Manso . We go back a few years , just good old ragging on each other.

i figured something like but i just like. since we are out i still gotta stay in mix. only got two teams to root for now LG & Wharton. i hate to see what Whartontiger will say when he sees that comment.

hookandladder
11-18-2013, 11:18 AM
i figured something like but i just like. since we are out i still gotta stay in mix. only got two teams to root for now LG & Wharton. i hate to see what Whartontiger will say when he sees that comment.

I felt your pain last year with having a son on the team, we knew if we had won in the first round that a long could very well happen. Same thing with you guys this year, the baseball season helped ease the pain from football last year.

BB BULLS
11-18-2013, 11:30 AM
I felt your pain last year with having a son on the team, we knew if we had won in the first round that a long could very well happen. Same thing with you guys this year, the baseball season helped ease the pain from football last year.

him being a two year starter he was upset but you can understand that one. he gave everything he had out on the field Friday. only thing i could tell him was that i was proud of him and that he did his job and he still has one more year after this one. yeah now he cant wait for baseball.

Scoop27
11-18-2013, 07:35 PM
How many years has Canyon Lake had a varsity football program and was it the same year the high school opened?

bag-o-chips
11-18-2013, 07:54 PM
2008 and if you want to read a real Homer paper here is the link!

http://hilltopnewspaper.com/2013/11/hawks-locked-in-closet-in-loss-to-navarro-62-0/#more-7131

YTBulldogs
11-18-2013, 08:09 PM

http://hilltopnewspaper.com/2013/11/hawks-locked-in-closet-in-loss-to-navarro-62-0/#more-7131
Junior High school paper writer? All the closet mentions and dance themes, too much.

hookandladder
11-18-2013, 08:56 PM
With La Grange playing on Thursday last week the defense was at full force, this week the Leps will need to find someone to fill one of our MLB spots. No pass no play took effect on Friday. Not a good time to have this happen when you fixin to face a slot team, gotta take care of business in the classroom.

Scoop27
11-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Does the Banner-Press in Columbus still cover La Grange?-I know they used to cover sports in three counties-I know the publisher Chad Ferguson and his wife Mona real well

Manso/V8
11-18-2013, 09:35 PM
With La Grange playing on Thursday last week the defense was at full force, this week the Leps will need to find someone to fill one of our MLB spots. No pass no play took effect on Friday. Not a good time to have this happen when you fixin to face a slot team, gotta take care of business in the classroom.

Ouch.
In a way, it feels worse than an injury because it probably could have been avoided.
Injuries are accidents that you can't control.

PappaFeelGood
11-18-2013, 09:40 PM
Hook, not sure who will step up.. I know one man doesn't make a team but he is a very active player and was in on a lot of defensive stops. It will be interesting to see Kates' answer as I am sure he has one.

hookandladder
11-18-2013, 09:56 PM
Yes, I am pretty sure he was also on special teams as well. Very unfortunate for the team player, grades come first. Pretty hard to replace a MLB, will be a big hole for 3 weeks for sure.

hookandladder
11-18-2013, 09:56 PM
Ouch.
In a way, it feels worse than an injury because it probably could have been avoided.
Injuries are accidents that you can't control.

Very true.

Pudlugger
11-18-2013, 11:37 PM
Tough brake for the team but I'm confident someone will step up to fill the slot. This team has plenty of talent and will to win. Coach Kates will have them ready for Friday. This happened in 2000 too and the Leps managed to go to the SC and win. They will take care of business Friday. One game at a time.

Pudlugger
11-18-2013, 11:46 PM
hook empty your PM inbox

hookandladder
11-19-2013, 07:10 AM
hook empty your PM inbox

done

buff4ever
11-19-2013, 02:49 PM
LG in this bye week by a lot.

iFootball
11-19-2013, 07:13 PM
LaGrange is a legit Region 4 title contender

SHSBulldog00
11-19-2013, 07:16 PM
LG by 5-7 TD's

I think they call them off early.

Tejastrue
11-19-2013, 11:00 PM

Junior High school paper writer? All the closet mentions and dance themes, too much.The people that put this together rely solely on advertisement to keep it afloat. It is not a true newspaper. They do this because of a lack thereof covering the local hs athletes. I've enjoyed reading it the last several years. In the past they've had a "you pickem" contest that involved local businesses predicting weekly hs football games for the whole district. I thought that was kind of neat to involve the community like that. They do this for the love of CL hs football/sports. Would not mind at all to see something like this for Wimberley.
http://hilltopnewspaper.com/about/

Manso/V8
11-19-2013, 11:53 PM
The people that put this together rely solely on advertisement to keep it afloat. It is not a true newspaper. They do this because of a lack thereof covering the local hs athletes. I've enjoyed reading it the last several years. In the past they've had a "you pickem" contest that involved local businesses predicting weekly hs football games for the whole district. I thought that was kind of neat to involve the community like that. They do this for the love of CL hs football/sports. Would not mind at all to see something like this for Wimberley.
http://hilltopnewspaper.com/about/

Nice! You should start one for Wimberley.

Pudlugger
11-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Weather forecast calls for wind and cold possible rain after 8PM in Georgetown. I better dig out my thermal underwear I guess. I haven't heard anything regarding our practices this week and any new assignments at mlb. LG fans generally show up in numbers and I expect they will Friday despite the weather. Artificial turf fortunately so no mud.

BB BULLS
11-22-2013, 08:42 AM
pud & hook whats up its game day and there is no talk?

Pudlugger
11-22-2013, 09:05 AM
pud & hook whats up its game day and there is no talk?

Goof morning BB, had to feed the chickens and turn on their heat lamps for this cold front LOL. Yes game day is here and I've broken out our winter clothes and thermal underwear for this weather front. I have not heard anything regarding this week's practices but must assume the guys are ready. From talking with parents of players this team has committed to some substantial goals and view each game as the big game as one would expect in the playoff environment. They are having fun while at it and the morale is high. I expect the ground game to be our primary attack as usual. The 15 mph wind from the north will make the passing and kicking game interesting. Defense will be key in this one and they have really stepped up since Giddings. CL has good size and some tough running backs so they will need to sew up the middle. I don't think they can run to the outside with our speed. Kates likes to get the ball off the coin flip and get that early score. May both teams have an injury free night and play a good clean game.

Ville-D
11-22-2013, 09:49 AM
My nephew (and a future Leapord) was born on the 14th so I was in La Grange on Monday and Tuesday. Apparently he is going to be a QB (or pitcher) because his name is Kannon. While there I had to sneak over and watch a little football practice. They looked pretty good. Hope to see them in the finals.

'Ville vs 'Grange right before Christmas.

My parents will have to decide which side to sit on. I guess my sister and bro-in-law have already made that decision.

hookandladder
11-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Really hard posting this week with no one from CL, also playing a 4-7 team that we already beat pretty bad 5 weeks ago makes it hard to comment. Not making the trip tonight, will listen on the radio. This is duck hunting weather, so I am heading to my Bay house to hunt.

BB BULLS
11-22-2013, 11:01 AM
Really hard posting this week with no one from CL, also playing a 4-7 team that we already beat pretty bad 5 weeks ago makes it hard to comment. Not making the trip tonight, will listen on the radio. This is duck hunting weather, so I am heading to my Bay house to hunt.

think i am gonna have to kick LG to curb tonight, gonna listen to the Rattler game. sorry guy's. good luck with duck hunting

Pudlugger
11-22-2013, 11:54 AM
If I could go to two games tonight I'd go to that Rattler game too. That will be huge in the R3 bracket shakeout.

Pudlugger
11-22-2013, 11:55 AM

Good luck hunting hook. Hope you get some ducks maybe a couple of geese and a sand crane to boot.

Gontex
11-22-2013, 01:12 PM
The leopards need to stay focused and concentrate on Canyon Lake. I remember some Bellville posters talking about playing La Grange in the regional finals before their game with Gonzales. Nothing is guaranteed in playoff football. It depends on matchups and breaks as to who will ultimately win the game. Lose focus and anybody can beat you now. Having said that I would like to wish the leopards good luck tonight. Gonzales is playing in Cedar Park which is very near Georgetown. Looking for a good night for 26AAA. Stay warm.

YTBulldogs
11-22-2013, 01:27 PM
LaGrange will have no trouble here. Just stay healthy for next week.

Pudlugger
11-22-2013, 02:48 PM
The leopards need to stay focused and concentrate on Canyon Lake. I remember some Bellville posters talking about playing La Grange in the regional finals before their game with Gonzales. Nothing is guaranteed in playoff football. It depends on matchups and breaks as to who will ultimately win the game. Lose focus and anybody can beat you now. Having said that I would like to wish the leopards good luck tonight. Gonzales is playing in Cedar Park which is very near Georgetown. Looking for a good night for 26AAA. Stay warm.

Good luck to Gonzales and thanks Gontex. Leps are focused and trained like a laser on beating Canyon Lake. Go Leps, Go Apaches, Go Gobblers, Go D26!

hookandladder
11-22-2013, 09:48 PM
La Grange 21 CL 0 early 2nd quarter , I. Love how they talk about CL being better team them when they played La Grange earlier in the year.No **** , La Grange is also better.

44INAROW
11-22-2013, 09:54 PM
Keep it up La Grange👏👏

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hookandladder
11-22-2013, 10:01 PM
La Grange 35 CL 0 , this is pitiful .

YTBulldogs
11-22-2013, 11:26 PM
La Grange 35 CL 0 , this is pitiful .

Told ya Hook. Just stay healthy was the goal here.

Pudlugger
11-23-2013, 01:21 AM
50 -0 midway in the 3rd but my toes were freezing so we left. Heard final was 50-8. Kates was putting in the subs when we left. On to round three. Way to go D26 3-0.

YTBulldogs
11-23-2013, 01:23 AM
LG by 50.

Dern it. Almost nailed it. Congrats LG. Keep it rolling.

zebrablue2
11-23-2013, 01:30 AM
Congrats to coach Kates and the Leps!!!

Blue42
11-23-2013, 01:35 AM
Great job Leps keep on rolling .

PappaFeelGood
11-23-2013, 01:49 AM
Congrats to Canyon Lake on a good season. Well executed very balanced game plan by the LG Leps. The cold wet did not stop them from doing as they pleased.