PDA

View Full Version : Home Playoff Games

LoboesWT
11-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Whatever happen to playing games at home and having only one team travel and alternate it the next time you play? Why neutral fields? Is it coaches or some mandate to have everyone travel? Last night Pecos had to drive through Monahans to play Monahans in Midland (neutral field). Not a good use of tax dollars IMO!!!

Steernation
11-15-2013, 01:06 PM
It's because of home field advantage

LoboesWT
11-15-2013, 01:11 PM
It's because of home field advantage

Then decrease the number off playoff teams so traveling way out of our way makes sense. Not in the meaningless first rounders!!!

Bullaholic
11-15-2013, 01:19 PM
Whatever happen to playing games at home and having only one team travel and alternate it the next time you play? Why neutral fields? Is it coaches or some mandate to have everyone travel? Last night Pecos had to drive through Monahans to play Monahans in Midland (neutral field). Not a good use of tax dollars IMO!!!

In the smaller classes, not every team has a large enough stadium, plus most of the kids as well as fans, look at playing in some nice venue as part of the reward for being in the playoffs. Your being from Monahans--I hear you, though. :D

GrTigers6
11-15-2013, 01:35 PM
Let me tell you about travel. 2 of our officiating crews form the Fort Worth chapter have games in El paso tonight. its two midland teams against two Elpaso teams. If they drive they will drive thru Midland about half way there. LOL

LoboesWT
11-15-2013, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE=GrTigers6;1782926]Let me tell you about travel. 2 of our officiating crews form the Fort Worth chapter have games in El paso tonight. its two midland teams against two Elpaso teams. If they drive they will drive thru Midland about half way there. LOL[/

You just tossed the trump card out. That's crazy!

Matthew328
11-15-2013, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=GrTigers6;1782926]Let me tell you about travel. 2 of our officiating crews form the Fort Worth chapter have games in El paso tonight. its two midland teams against two Elpaso teams. If they drive they will drive thru Midland about half way there. LOL[/

You just tossed the trump card out. That's crazy!

Maybe the coaches wanted to give the kids the experience of playing in a nice stadium like Midland?