PDA

View Full Version : El Campo-La Grange game story

Scoop27
11-15-2013, 10:15 AM
http://www.advosports.com/news/2013/nov/14/mf_elcampo_lagrange_111513_225163/

Pudlugger
11-15-2013, 11:39 AM
i realize this is a home toen paper but man give some credit to La Grange. All this whining about injuries and such is getting old. Man up and admit that no matter what LG was the better team. No matter if it was week 1 or last night. I credit Coach Gillis with getting the most out of his players and EC for their 7-3 season. Congratulations to the Ricebirds. Next year with the returning starters should make for a good run.

D'Highlander
11-15-2013, 11:58 AM
i realize this is a home toen paper but man give some credit to La Grange. All this whining about injuries and such is getting old. Man up and admit that no matter what LG was the better team. No matter if it was week 1 or last night. I credit Coach Gillis with getting the most out of his players and EC for their 7-3 season. Congratulations to the Ricebirds. Next year with the returning starters should make for a good run.

Your team won and you beat them bad. Your team plays next week, theirs doesn't. Then you hop on here a gripe because your team didn't get enough credit from the other teams paper? Just be happy where you are at man...

Headhunter77
11-15-2013, 12:01 PM
The advocate is a Victoria news paper. We have a home town paper. No matter what any paper writes, it was obvious that LG was the better team. How else do you want it to be said? Move on already. You have a great team to follow this year, like I said before. Have some class!

hookandladder
11-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Does not matter what is reported in the papers, LG came in expecting to win convincingly and that they did . Congrats to EC for not quiting after down at half , just like last year the kids played hard till the end. Go Leps, next team up.

Gsquared
11-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Man, thats a Grade A a$$ whipping.

Pudlugger
11-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Your team won and you beat them bad. Your team plays next week, theirs doesn't. Then you hop on here a gripe because your team didn't get enough credit from the other teams paper? Just be happy where you are at man...

Highlander I was gripping about all the whinning about injuries. You may not be aware of the banter on here before and after this game but much was made about EC being unable to compete because of injuries and the real EC would be so much better than LG. Folks need to face it this write up was about how EC had to contend with injuries rather than the story of the game. Does anyone who watched that game believe that the addition of one or two players would have made a difference? Would Flagg playing have prevented the two blocked punts for tds? Would his extra 100 yards rushing make up for a 5 td margin of victory? Doubtful, so folks need to stop whinning about injuries. The Leps have been playing without one of their best O lineman for weeks. It is part of the game. I have as much a right to criticize this write up as any other fan.

I've said enough about this.

Congratulations to El Campo for a successful season. Second in D25, a trip to the playoffs and a 7-3 record is nothing to hang your head about.

bird_fan
11-15-2013, 09:44 PM
as I remember La Grange sure did their share of whinning last year How good would La Grange be if they lost six of their top starters had season ending injuries many of which were 2 way starters you guys won the game show some class I hope you have a deep run and either you or Bellville gets a shot at Carthage and take them down again

hookandladder
11-15-2013, 09:49 PM
as I remember La Grange sure did their share of whinning last year How good would La Grange be if they lost six of their top starters had season ending injuries many of which were 2 way starters you guys won the game show some class I hope you have a deep run and either you or Bellville gets a shot at Carthage and take them down again

Just curious with the numbers you guys have , why you have to have players go both ways. We have a couple that see some action both ways but just a hand ful of plays.

bird_fan
11-15-2013, 10:16 PM
so we can field the best team we can Numbers don't alway mean its all top talent some player play both way because the have more speed Last night La Grange did have a definte speed advantage Number doesnt mean you have a big time talent advantage. Up untl last year we were always the smallest guy on the block
even at a thousand students we still competed with teams who had twice our number back then to compete we had to play guys both ways and it has worked for us. El Campo isnt know for producing the most talented teams around. But we do have a coach who can get more from the talent he has than a lot of coaches I did see the 1975 La Grange vs Van Vleck and you 2000 team play Bay City there was a lot of talent on the field vs BC on both sides

hookandladder
11-16-2013, 08:01 AM
There is no doubt we would be a more solid team this year and last if we played some players both ways however does it really do you any good in the 4th quarter of a tight game, your guys going both ways will eventually wear out and I am fairly confident that is what our coach is counting on. No doubt in certain situations some players still see some PT on both sides but are still fresh compared to going both ways all the time, I understand EC had some players out however if they were playing both sides of the ball I just cannot see them making that much of a difference against us in our game. I do know a lot of teams play kids both ways, so this is not anything new but it does cripple your team when one player goes down now you have to replace two positions.

cowboyandchrist
11-16-2013, 08:28 AM
Getting a shot at my Dawgs maybe more than you want this year, Keep winning and you will see. Congrats on the win. I was hoping for a rematch with the Ricebirds, but great win and good luck next week.

Scoop27
11-16-2013, 12:18 PM
http://www.leader-news.com/sports/article_f0cf3332-4e29-11e3-ae87-0019bb2963f4.html

bird_fan
11-16-2013, 12:19 PM
There is no doubt we would be a more solid team this year and last if we played some players both ways however does it really do you any good in the 4th quarter of a tight game, your guys going both ways will eventually wear out and I am fairly confident that is what our coach is counting on. No doubt in certain situations some players still see some PT on both sides but are still fresh compared to going both ways all the time, I understand EC had some players out however if they were playing both sides of the ball I just cannot see them making that much of a difference against us in our game. I do know a lot of teams play kids both ways, so this is not anything new but it does cripple your team when one player goes down now you have to replace two positions.
EC has a system for doing this and it has worked well for them
an Example of that is the game against Carthage we had 4 tough defensive stops in a tight game in the third and fourth quarter that kept the game close

Pudlugger
11-16-2013, 12:24 PM
EC has a system for doing this and it has worked well for them
an Example of that is the game against Carthage we had 4 tough defensive stops in a tight game in the third and fourth quarter that kept the game close

That game was epic.