PDA

View Full Version : UIL, Fox Sports Southwest reach agreement to air first round games

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2013, 08:59 AM
http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2013/11/six-cities-to-broadcast-first-round-hs-football-playoff-games/

Broadcasters in six cities, including Houston, will air first-round high school playoff games this weekend under a new television agreement between the University Interscholastic League and Fox Sports Southwest.

The Class 5A Division II game between Manvel and La Porte, set for 7 p.m. Friday at Deer Park, will air on KUBE (Channel 57) as one of six televised first-round games statewide.

Under a new agreement, the UIL retains TV rights for all playoff games and has licensed them to Fox, which has broadcast championship games since the early 1990s. Fox will sublicense games to local broadcasters, who can show the games live or on tape delay.

UIL rules prohibit live Friday game telecasts during the regular season, but that ban has been lifted for the playoffs. Also waived is the requirement that playoff games must be sold out before they can be televised.

Fox Sports Southwest will air live cut-ins and highlights from the games during its “Fox Football Friday” program, which airs this week at 7 p.m. Friday on Fox Sports Southwest Plus in Houston. The program will move to the main Fox Sports Southwest feed at the conclusion of the Rice-Texas A&M basketball game.

Other televised games this weekend are Arlington Bowie-Southlake Carroll on KXTA in Dallas-Fort Worth, Austin Bowie-Cedar Ridge on KBVO in Austin, Port Isabel-Raymondville on Friday and Harlingen-McAllen Memorial on Saturday on KGBT in Harlingen, and Amarillo-Lubbock Monterey on KFDA in Amarillo and KJTV in Lubbock.

cougartino
11-15-2013, 09:14 AM
I don't want to hear another word about amateur athletics and how we can't pay players. Because governing entities always find a way to pimp off young folks when it suits them. La Marque had the most difficult time getting approval to tape highlights of last night's game. And as I suspected, it was all about the damn Benjamins!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-15-2013, 11:07 AM
Hemotoxic, I hope you don't mind, but I did a copy/paste of this over to the 956 (aka the RGV) board.

coach
11-15-2013, 11:10 AM
high school football on tv is awful

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2013, 11:18 AM
Hemotoxic, I hope you don't mind, but I did a copy/paste of this over to the 956 (aka the RGV) board.

I don't mind at all.. Of course, the source is The Houston Chronicle.

1971Coogs
11-15-2013, 12:26 PM
I've been showing a taped delay replay of every La Marque football game on the local community access channel since 2003. You wouldn't believe the hoops I had to jump through this week to continue to do so. I had to get the La Marque mayor involved, school board members, head coach, members of the Coogs Sports Net website.....it was frustrating. After it was said and done, I finally talked to one of the people in authority with Houston ISD who grants media passes for any HISD venue. He said " yes sir, we will be ready for you when you arrive at Barnett Stadium"

Now if you really want to hear a long strenuous story, try broadcasting at Dallas Cowboy Stadium in the state title game. You think Homeland Security is tough ! :vrycnfsd: