PDA

View Full Version : Former Longhorns women's track coach Bev Kearney files lawsuit against UT

Scoop27
11-14-2013, 01:39 PM
http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2013/11/former-coach-kearney-filing-lawsuit-against-ut/?cmpid=hpts

Scoop27
11-14-2013, 01:46 PM
That should be UT-Don't know how to edit the title

PhiI C
11-14-2013, 02:00 PM

That's ok. We know what you mean.

Old Tiger
11-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Been known for a little over a year this was coming.

What I've gathered is Bev had a constant relationship with a student athlete under her, got caught, then lied about it. Major's relationship was a 1 time deal with a grad assistant, he confessed to it, and was disciplined.

regaleagle
11-15-2013, 12:46 AM
Sounds to me like she has the '"goods" on the UT administration regarding numerous other clandestine relationships that were also improper, but were swept under the rug. I would suspect this suit will be successful against UT....one way or another. More than likely, UT will stand its ground and lose. It's too late for them to do anything less or else. Whether she lied about the relationship or not is immaterial, but her treatment by UT administration compared to others with similar circumstances is the issue. If proof can be brought of her accusations thru discovery or other means, she will win this suit, imo.

bobcat1
11-15-2013, 08:02 AM
This will get settled out of court.

bag-o-chips
11-15-2013, 08:16 AM
My guess here is UT will take a licking!

Lord please forgive me but it is playoff Friday!!!

Old Tiger
11-15-2013, 08:18 AM
My guess here is UT will take a licking!

Lord please forgive me but it is playoff Friday!!!

UT will get off on ethics, she had the relationship with the student athlete, lied about it, provided improper benefits, and this is all about getting revenge.

bag-o-chips
11-15-2013, 08:26 AM
That is the problem though with the mentality of UT. Yes they will get off likely because they do have the most crooked lawyers but we all know UT does nothing wrong! Ethics = UT - That is even a funnier Pun than mine!

msu97
11-15-2013, 09:02 AM
That is the problem though with the mentality of UT. Yes they will get off likely because they do have the most crooked lawyers but we all know UT does nothing wrong! Ethics = UT - That is even a funnier Pun than mine!

this is any college institution... not just UT... colleges have no ethics when it comes to money...

K-MAC Chuck
11-15-2013, 09:21 AM

Done..

Scoop27
11-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Incidents similar to this happen every year at other schools all over nation. Applewhite should have gotten more than a hand slap