PDA

View Full Version : State Championship Tickets

99IHSMustang
11-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Does anyone know if it is worth purchasing tickets early versus buying them at the gate? I haven't attended since they have been hosted at Jerry's world.

Old Tiger
11-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Does anyone know if it is worth purchasing tickets early versus buying them at the gate? I haven't attended since they have been hosted at Jerry's world.

I believe it ends up being a little more online because of tax and fees.

99IHSMustang
11-13-2013, 10:10 PM
I believe it ends up being a little more online because of tax and fees.

Yeah that is why I was considering waiting. If the seating is much better then I will pay for the BS "processing" fees.

Old Tiger
11-13-2013, 10:26 PM
I believe it is first come first serve seating.

99IHSMustang
11-13-2013, 10:40 PM
I believe it is first come first serve seating.

In that case I will purchase them at the gate. Thanks OT.

Smitty
11-13-2013, 10:50 PM
its all first come first serve. its crazy trying to get good seats! Stephenville and El Campo both had huge crowds last year.

coach
11-14-2013, 08:19 AM
its all first come first serve. its crazy trying to get good seats! Stephenville and El Campo both had huge crowds last year.

lol there isnt a bad seat in that stadium.

Old Tiger
11-14-2013, 08:27 AM
lol there isnt a bad seat in that stadium.
False

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Two-great-seats-at-Cowboys-Stadium-if-you-happe?urn=nfl,184733

coach
11-14-2013, 08:37 AM
False

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Two-great-seats-at-Cowboys-Stadium-if-you-happe?urn=nfl,184733

At least from those seats you dont have to watch the suck they display every week.

Emerson1
11-14-2013, 09:15 AM
Only worth buying early if there happens to be a monsoon the day of the game and you don't wanna wait in line for a ticket. They're $15 at the gate with no taxes or around $20 on TM after taxes and fees.

panther89
11-14-2013, 09:18 AM
I think I was in those seats last Thanksgiving when the Cowboys got trounced by the Redskins. LOL

99IHSMustang
11-14-2013, 09:48 AM
At least from those seats you dont have to watch the suck they display every week.

haha... Jerry wants as many people to fill that stadium as possible and there are probably nuts that would still pay for those seats.

99IHSMustang
11-14-2013, 09:52 AM
Only worth buying early if there happens to be a monsoon the day of the game and you don't wanna wait in line for a ticket. They're $15 at the gate with no taxes or around $20 on TM after taxes and fees.

That's good to know. thanks

Rabid Cougar
11-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Bought mine at the gate last year and sat on the 50 in lower bowl for the Cameron game. Moved before the second game to allow the Navasota folks to have "good" seats for thier game. Went to the 2nd ring and had even better seats.

Emerson1
11-14-2013, 10:37 AM
haha... Jerry wants as many people to fill that stadium as possible and there are probably nuts that would still pay for those seats.

They're gone now

rb585
11-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Can you go in and out on the same ticket during the day?

Farmersfan
11-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Would you be interested in spending the day in a suite? Might have access to one for the day and if we have room I'll let you know if you are interested....

99IHSMustang
11-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Would you be interested in spending the day in a suite? Might have access to one for the day and if we have room I'll let you know if you are interested....

If you are asking me, there would be myself + 1. What are the costs per person?

regaleagle
11-14-2013, 05:13 PM
One ticket is good for all games that day, or I think you can even buy a 2-day or weekend ticket. They let the fans of each game have first shot on that side of the field for each game. Your position in line will dictate when you get in and the seat(s) you'll be able to get if you are in the school section and your school is playing.

99IHSMustang
11-14-2013, 05:17 PM
One ticket is good for all games that day, or I think you can even buy a 2-day or weekend ticket. They let the fans of each game have first shot on that side of the field for each game. Your position in line will dictate when you get in and the seat(s) you'll be able to get if you are in the school section and your school is playing.

So what if you get there 1 hour before the very first game starts? Furthermore do they ask the people that are seated to vacate before the next teams start playing?

Emerson1
11-14-2013, 05:22 PM
They haven't done multiple day tickets in the past. Each day will cost ya $15. They only regulate the lower 100 section. The 200 and 300 level are a free for all. Stephenville in the SC last year is the only time I've seen the lower two bowls practically full for a 3A game.

regaleagle
11-14-2013, 05:57 PM
They haven't done multiple day tickets in the past. Each day will cost ya $15. They only regulate the lower 100 section. The 200 and 300 level are a free for all. Stephenville in the SC last year is the only time I've seen the lower two bowls practically full for a 3A game.

Oh Contrair, Mr. Emerson. The Argyle/ Wimberley matchup several years ago was pretty much packed on the bottom tiers except for the end zones(which are not as good as higher tier seats in the middle of the field). The game that followed was Lake Travis vs. I don't remember, and those fans came early. So the stadium was fairly full from end zone to end zone on all tiers for that game. Stephenville was 4A that season....who played Lake Travis that year....I can't recall.

pirate4state
11-14-2013, 06:08 PM

You couldn't pay me enough to stand in those lines for the lower 100. I like my section 200 & 300. Can't wait! Will miss Saturday this year due to office Christmas party :(

ronwx5x
11-14-2013, 07:00 PM
I have been every year since Jerry World became the host. I have never had a bad seat, never stood in line for lower sections, never been asked to move and have bought my tickets at the gate every year. Tickets are 1 day only and have in and out priveleges if you get your hand stamped. Parking is $10. Concession prices are same as a Cowboy game and not cheap.

rb585
11-14-2013, 10:51 PM
A buddy of mine who is a high school coach in Seattle is coming down. This is going to blow his mind.

rb585
11-14-2013, 10:55 PM
Oh Contrair, Mr. Emerson. The Argyle/ Wimberley matchup several years ago was pretty much packed on the bottom tiers except for the end zones(which are not as good as higher tier seats in the middle of the field). The game that followed was Lake Travis vs. I don't remember, and those fans came early. So the stadium was fairly full from end zone to end zone on all tiers for that game. Stephenville was 4A that season....who played Lake Travis that year....I can't recall.

Waco Midway

I hung around for that game, but I don't think I saw hardly any of it because I kept finding people to hug.

99IHSMustang
11-15-2013, 09:51 AM
I have been every year since Jerry World became the host. I have never had a bad seat, never stood in line for lower sections, never been asked to move and have bought my tickets at the gate every year. Tickets are 1 day only and have in and out priveleges if you get your hand stamped. Parking is $10. Concession prices are same as a Cowboy game and not cheap.

I think that is the route I am going to follow.

Farmersfan
11-15-2013, 10:18 AM
If you are asking me, there would be myself + 1. What are the costs per person?

I'll let you know!