PDA

View Full Version : Argyle's regular season results

regaleagle
11-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Here's a look at who Argyle played thru the regular season and the results of those games:
Week 0: Abilene Wylie 38-0
Week 1: Ft. Worth Nolan Catholic 44-21 (Scored 7 in 3rd & 14 in 4th on 2nd teamers)
Week 2: Paris 53-7 (Scored 7 in 4th on 2nd team)
Week 3: Kennedale 45-7 (Scored 7 in 2nd on starters)
Week 4: Wilmer Hutchins 52-12 (Scored 12 in 4th on backups)
Week 5: Dallas Madison 66-7 (Scored 7 in 3rd on 2nd team)
Week 6: Bye Off Week
Week 7: Carrollton Ranchview 65-9 (Scored 9 in 3rd on backups)
Week 8: Frisco Lone Star 53-7 (Scored 7 in 4th on backups)
Week 9: Aubrey 59-8 (Scored 8 in 4th on backups)
Week 10: Celina 63-13 (Scored 13 in 2nd on Starters)

Total points for Argyle: 538>>>53.8 avg/game
Total points against Argyle: 89>>> 8.9 avg/game
Total points against Starters: 20>>>2.0 avg/game

These are only the stats of scoring in the above the games, and don't tell the whole story. I believe the only team not making the playoffs this season is Aubrey. But that's not really saying a whole lot this season, lol.

ccmom
11-12-2013, 09:51 PM
How did WH score 14 on the backups, but only scored 12 total? ;)

Eagles have something special this year. I expect to see them win the title.

regaleagle
11-12-2013, 09:54 PM
I guess I gave them 2 "brownie points", huh? I'll now hafta go back and fix everything....shucks.:vrycnfsd:

Well, that didn't take long and now it's fixed. Thanks ccmom.

hollywood
11-12-2013, 09:58 PM
I guess I gave them 2 "brownie points", huh? I'll now hafta go back and fix everything....shucks.:vrycnfsd:

Well, that didn't take long and now it's fixed. Thanks ccmom.

She's goooooood at that kinda stuff regal! Trust me!

ccmom
11-12-2013, 09:59 PM

;) ;) ;)

slingshot
11-12-2013, 11:24 PM
So we held them to their season low? :vrycnfsd:

regaleagle
11-13-2013, 01:27 AM
That's what these scoring stats show. I guess you could say Wylie has a decent defense....even in Week 0. We did have most of our regular starters playing back then and we did have lots of returnees from the previous season. We did beat Prosper in our scrimmage the previous week, also. So it's not like Argyle started slow.

Old Tiger
11-13-2013, 01:54 AM
What are the records of their opponents?

Aesculus gilmus
11-13-2013, 07:10 AM
Impressive. Once the BCS computers get through crunching your numbers, I expect to hear this announcement: Alabama vs. Argyle.

adoptedbuckeye
11-13-2013, 07:23 AM
Impressive. Once the BCS computers get through crunching your numbers, I expect to hear this announcement: Alabama vs. Argyle.

How did Argyle get voted past all those other deep SEC teams? Lol for real though that is an impressive season to turn in. I wish Gilmer's defensive numbers looked like that, but we gotta trust our guys to handle it when it counts. I'll admit I got excited about not facing Argyle this year but now that it's pretty much set in stone, I'm glad we got the reality check by Kilgore so our guys will be prepared. I hate it thay Argyle has to do it without 2 great players and I hope both teams stay healthy leading up to the meeting.

Sville
11-13-2013, 10:03 AM
What are the records of their opponents?

Wylie 6-4
FW Nolan Catholic 6-4
Paris 6-4
Kennedale 6-4
Wilmer Hutchins 4-5
Dallas Madison 3-6
Carrollton Ranchview 5-5
Frisco Lone Star 6-4
Aubrey 2-8
Celina 9-1

54-44= 55% WP

slingshot
11-13-2013, 10:23 AM
Wylie 6-4
FW Nolan Catholic 6-4
Paris 6-4
Kennedale 6-4
Wilmer Hutchins 4-5
Dallas Madison 3-6
Carrollton Ranchview 5-5
Frisco Lone Star 6-4
Aubrey 2-8
Celina 9-1

54-44= 55% WPActually Wylie is 7-3...

hollywood
11-13-2013, 12:10 PM
Wylie 7-3
FW Nolan Catholic 6-4
Paris 6-4
Kennedale 6-4
Wilmer Hutchins 4-5
Dallas Madison 3-6
Carrollton Ranchview 5-5
Frisco Lone Star 6-4
Aubrey 2-8
Celina 9-1

54-44= 55% WP

Tough schedule! :rolleyes:

;)

hollywood
11-13-2013, 12:28 PM
Just out of curiosity, I plugged in Stephenville's opponents records. It was limited with just 9 games and Mexico's short stent in Tejas. Below are the results. Similar to Argyle's opponents winning %.

Monterrey PT Mexico 1-4 (vs Texas HS football teams)
Aledo 10-0
Ft Lauderdale Dillard, FL 7-3
Waco La Vega 5-5
Amarillo 5-5
Glen Rose 4-5
Alvarado 6-4
Venus 5-5
Hillsboro 3-7

46-38 = 55% WP

Deuce
11-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Just out of curiosity, I plugged in Stephenville's opponents records. It was limited with just 9 games and Mexico's short stent in Tejas. Below are the results. Similar to Argyle's opponents winning %.

Monterrey PT Mexico 1-4 (vs Texas HS football teams)
Aledo 10-0
Ft Lauderdale Dillard, FL 7-3
Waco La Vega 5-5
Amarillo 5-5
Glen Rose 4-5
Alvarado 6-4
Venus 5-5
Hillsboro 3-7

46-38 = 55% WP

Lol, all threads eventually have Stephenville in them.

Smitty
11-13-2013, 05:44 PM
When you turn Hollywood loose on a bulletin board without restrictions put on him.....that's what you get!!!

STEPHENVILLE
STEPHENVILLE
STEPHENVILLE

Way to go Hollywood!

bobcat1
11-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Lol, all threads eventually have Stephenville in them.
Kinda reminds you of Brownwood 2010, right? Carthage awaits.:evilgrin:

Deuce
11-13-2013, 06:27 PM

Exactly!!

hollywood
11-13-2013, 06:52 PM

Haha, only difference is STEPHENVILLE knows how to finish. :kiss:

Funny how everyone is still dissing this years team and not giving them a chance. A lot of people dissed last years team just the same. All the "experts" had Kilgore, Carthage, El Campo... anyone but Stephenville winning it all. What did they know? LOL

Not you bobcat1, you get it. ;)

Comical that just because a team is doing well, program is doing well, when someone gives them some props, everyone else thinks they are boasting or bragging. Good grief.. this is a message board. Some people need to lightin' up a little!

So far this year, it's been about Kilgore (again), Gilmer, Argyle (deservingly so), Navasota (again), Carthage (again). Not many "experts" think Stephenville has the team this year, again. Well, guess what... they do. Half of the starters on both sides of the ball have rings. They know how to win championships. Does that grant them the championship this year, no. But they know what it takes and will try their best to lead the others to do it again. I've seen Kilgore and Gilmer. They did not perform like State caliber teams on Friday. Neither one of them. And this was week 10!! If they expect to get to the big dance this year, they both will have to play a lot better each week from here on out. I'm sure they know that and I'm sure they will correct the issues of not executing up to a championship level.

hollywood
11-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Ok, here's my Argyle worthy post...

Argyle better be ready for the BEAST from the EAST in Gilmer. If they get their game plan together... look out! That weak schedule y'all played ain't going to get it done!

:wave:

bobcat1
11-13-2013, 07:12 PM

Funny how everyone is still dissing this years team and not giving them a chance. A lot of people dissed last years team just the same. All the "experts" had Kilgore, Carthage, El Campo... anyone but Stephenville winning it all. What did they know? LOL

Comical that just because a team is doing well, program is doing well, when someone gives them some props, everyone else thinks they are boasting or bragging. Good grief.. this is a message board. Some people need to lightin' up a little!

So far this year, it's been about Kilgore (again), Gilmer, Argyle (deservingly so), Navasota (again), Carthage (again). Not many "experts" think Stephenville has the team this year, again. Well, guess what... they do. Half of the starters on both sides of the ball have rings. They know how to win championships. Does that grant them the championship this year, no. But they know what it takes and will try their best to lead the others to do it again. I've seen Kilgore and Gilmer. They did not perform like State caliber teams on Friday. Neither one of them. And this was week 10!! If they expect to get to the big dance this year, they both will have to play a lot better each week from here on out. I'm sure they know that and I'm sure they will correct the issues of not executing up to a championship level. Right, I get it completely. :2thumbsup

BLACK ATTACK
11-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Ok, here's my Argyle worthy post...

Argyle better be ready for the BEAST from the EAST in Gilmer. If they get their game plan together... look out! That weak schedule y'all played ain't going to get it done!

:wave:

But I'm sure the yellowjackets would obviously beat the hell out of Gilmer.

Aggie98
11-13-2013, 08:01 PM

So far this year, it's been about Kilgore (again), Gilmer, Argyle (deservingly so), Navasota (again), Carthage (again). Not many "experts" think Stephenville has the team this year, again. Well, guess what... they do. Half of the starters on both sides of the ball have rings. They know how to win championships. Does that grant them the championship this year, no. But they know what it takes and will try their best to lead the others to do it again. I've seen Kilgore and Gilmer. They did not perform like State caliber teams on Friday. Neither one of them. And this was week 10!! If they expect to get to the big dance this year, they both will have to play a lot better each week from here on out. I'm sure they know that and I'm sure they will correct the issues of not executing up to a championship level.

Kilgore will destroy Stephenville. Gilmer/Argyle will be a classic.

Aggie98
11-13-2013, 08:11 PM

'13 Gilmer > '12 Stephenville

Deuce
11-13-2013, 08:18 PM

FYI, I picked Ville to win it all last year and will more than likely pick them again this year when I fill out my bracket.

hollywood
11-13-2013, 08:37 PM

We can start another thread on this, because we don't want to disrespect any others if it's not about Argyle, but from what I saw last Friday, if Gilmer played like they did that night, yes they would! No joke. Like I said all last year, you have to see it to believe it brotha.

hollywood
11-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Kilgore will destroy Stephenville. Gilmer/Argyle will be a classic.

If they played like they did last Friday, no way in hell! Kilgore isn't even close to last years team. Execution is average at best. Next!

hollywood
11-13-2013, 08:42 PM

Bahahahahaha... Last Friday they weren't. I respect both programs and what they have been able to accomplish. But Gilmer and Kilgore both played sloppy East Texas football. Will they fix it? They better or else neither team will make it the the Reg finals if they don't.

hollywood
11-13-2013, 08:45 PM
FYI, I picked Ville to win it all last year and will more than likely pick them again this year when I fill out my bracket.

I'm actually really glad Graham went D2. I would hate to see either Graham or Stephenville get knocked out in the second round. Yes, I have that much respect for Graham this season. I think this is the year they have the best shot.

BLACK ATTACK
11-13-2013, 08:45 PM
We can start another thread on this, because we don't want to disrespect any others if it's not about Argyle, but from what I saw last Friday, if Gilmer played like they did that night, yes they would! No joke. Like I said all last year, you have to see it to believe it brotha.

Yeah, OK, and you live on Fantasy Island. Trust me, we were much more concerned about going D2 than we ever were D1. Next

ccmom
11-13-2013, 09:05 PM
OMG...poor cricketville gets no respect. Wah wah...whatever! :rolleyes: Take that Rodney Daingerfield act on the road, jacketwood. :rolleyes: I think I'm gonna puke. :rolleyes:

Aggie98
11-13-2013, 09:21 PM
If they played like they did last Friday, no way in hell! Kilgore isn't even close to last years team. Execution is average at best. Next!

Yeah, ok. All we did was knock off the #1 ranked team in the state..... and held them to 31 pts below their season scoring average..... and rush for 300+ yds (again).

What is S'ville's signature win this year?

adoptedbuckeye
11-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Dang hollywood you're catching it from everyone tonight! I agree with everything you have said so far because both Gilmer and Kilgore did not play like championship caliber teams. I know Argyle will be up to the challenge-the question is will the Buckeyes renewed focus allow them to realize their full potential? I hope we get to watch it happen.

adoptedbuckeye
11-13-2013, 09:36 PM

I hope we can live up to that assessment!

hollywood
11-13-2013, 09:46 PM
OMG...poor cricketville gets no respect. Wah wah...whatever! :rolleyes: Take that Rodney Daingerfield act on the road, jacketwood. :rolleyes: I think I'm gonna puke. :rolleyes:

Oh cry me a river ccmom! You go hide in your fairy tail Abilene subdivision and try to wish your way past the Ville this year! Wanna be's :rolleyes:

:D

hollywood
11-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Dang hollywood you're catching it from everyone tonight! I agree with everything you have said so far because both Gilmer and Kilgore did not play like championship caliber teams. I know Argyle will be up to the challenge-the question is will the Buckeyes renewed focus allow them to realize their full potential? I hope we get to watch it happen.

LOL, just trying to stir it up a little adoptedbuckeye! It's been kinda boring this season. I bring a lot of it on myself. Some people take it a little too serious though. ;)

I know Gilmer can get it done! Talent all over the field. What makes a team state caliber is execution. There are many teams around the state that have talent. The ones that can execute week in and week out, even against the toughest competition, are the ones that win State Titles. Best of luck to the Buckeyes. I truly hope to see you there. A Gilmer/Graham rematch would be epic!

hollywood
11-13-2013, 09:56 PM
Yeah, ok. All we did was knock off the #1 ranked team in the state..... and held them to 31 pts below their season scoring average..... and rush for 300+ yds (again).

What is S'ville's signature win this year?

Aggie98, please tell me you know good football is when you see it! Was last Friday well executed good football? Can you honestly say Kilgore is better this season than last season?

adoptedbuckeye
11-13-2013, 10:17 PM
LOL, just trying to stir it up a little adoptedbuckeye! It's been kinda boring this season. I bring a lot of it on myself. Some people take it a little too serious though. ;)

I know Gilmer can get it done! Talent all over the field. What makes a team state caliber is execution. There are many teams around the state that have talent. The ones that can execute week in and week out, even against the toughest competition, are the ones that win State Titles. Best of luck to the Buckeyes. I truly hope to see you there. A Gilmer/Graham rematch would be epic!

How does Graham look this year compared to last? I know one of the guys from last year's Gilmer team said they hit harder than anyone they had played all year. And that's saying something because Kilgore and Argyle both had hard hitting games!

bearbear78
11-13-2013, 11:16 PM

In your dreams..56-28 Ville.

Also. Is "beast from the east" more fitting for Kilgore?

Aggie98
11-13-2013, 11:23 PM
Can you honestly say Kilgore is better this season than last season?

Without a doubt.

2012 Kilgore defense rank: #3
2012 Kilgore offense rank: #34

2013 Kilgore defense rank: #1
2013 Kilgore offense rank: #7

*adjustedstats.com

waterboy
11-13-2013, 11:23 PM
Back on topic...

What were the scores from last year's Argyle games leading up to the Gilmer game? Were they not similar?

hollywood
11-13-2013, 11:28 PM
Without a doubt.

2012 Kilgore defense rank: #3
2012 Kilgore offense rank: #34

2013 Kilgore defense rank: #1
2013 Kilgore offense rank: #7

*adjustedstats.com

And what did those stats get Kilgore last year? A trip to the semifinals to get whooped by a team who had less impressive stats! Lol Good try! Stats don't mean jack Aggie.

hollywood
11-13-2013, 11:30 PM
Back on topic...

What were the scores from last year's Argyle games leading up to the Gilmer game? Were they not similar?

Yep, pretty similar. I'd love to see this match up, if it were to happen of course.

Aggie98
11-13-2013, 11:47 PM
Does Argyle run an up-tempo no-huddle offense?

BLACK ATTACK
11-13-2013, 11:50 PM
Does Argyle run an up-tempo no-huddle offense?

We try to immulate Stephenville as much as possible in every phase of the game.

Aguilafanatico
11-13-2013, 11:54 PM
As long as Hollywood is able to post, Stephenville is always included. I Love the passion!

Aggie98
11-14-2013, 12:03 AM
We try to immulate Stephenville as much as possible in every phase of the game.

Except Argyle actually plays defense too.

Aggie98
11-14-2013, 12:09 AM
In your dreams..56-28 Ville.

Also. Is "beast from the east" more fitting for Kilgore?

'13 Gilmer would hang 60 pts on the '12 Jacket defense.

Aguilafanatico
11-14-2013, 12:09 AM
Plays defense is an understatement.

Aggie98
11-14-2013, 12:25 AM
Plays defense is an understatement.

Arguably the best 3A defense in the state. I have a lot of respect for Argyle's defense.

Old Tiger
11-14-2013, 12:27 AM
So how about those Snyder Tigers!

hollywood
11-14-2013, 07:59 AM
'13 Gilmer would hang 60 pts on the '12 Jacket defense.

2013 Gilmer and Kilgore would thump 2013 Aledo! That's how how well they execute!

Look out 3A... Kilgore and Gilmer are coming!

waterboy
11-14-2013, 08:28 AM
Oh, good grief! Who cares about all the coulda, woulda, shoulda stuff? Last year was last year. This year is the only year I'm thinking about. Can somebody give us Argyle season results from last year with scores? I want to compare them to this year's Argyle team.

Aguilafanatico
11-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Vs Wylie. L 31-14
@ Nolan Catholic W 28-7
@ Paris W 41-18
Vs Kennedale W 44-13
Vs Wilmer Hutchins W 42-6
@ Madison W 49-18
Vs Ranchview W 56-0
Vs Aubrey W 54-6
@ Celina W 45-7