PDA

View Full Version : REGION I SEMIFINAL VOLLEYBALL: LIBERTY HILL vs. ABILENE WYLIE

K-MAC Chuck
11-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Friday night @ West Texas College in Snyder..

Liberty Hill Lady Panthers (33-9) vs. Abilene Wylie

It's a K-MAC Sports CUP matchup (2 K-MAC affiliates playing one another)..

Wylie enters as the favorite, the Lady Bulldogs are the defneding state champs.
LHHS is back at the Region I tournament for the first time since 2009.

ccmom
11-12-2013, 09:02 PM
I wasn't at tonight's matchup vs Seminole but I listened to our awesome Matt McGraw's broadcast. Wylie swept Seminole but certainly not with ease. Seminole gave the Lady Bulldogs quite a fight.

Wylie has won the regional tourney to advance to the state tourney the last 3 years straight...looking to make it 4 years straight. As I posted before, LH and Wylie both have great girls programs in all sports and I expect this to be a super competitive matchup.

Go Wylie!!!

P.S. A certain long time poster on the downlow has a daughter on this year's Wylie team who has been a big part of their success. Don't hold that against her, though. ;) :taunt:

Silverback 04
11-13-2013, 10:35 PM
I can tell you that LH has had this one on their calendars since last year. First, because they knew they would have a really good team this year and second, because they know that the road to the State Tourney in Region I goes through Abilene Wylie. I expect a great matchup and would be afraid to make a prediction. That said, "Go Panthers!"

slingshot
11-14-2013, 07:11 PM
"If you want to be the champ you got to beat the champ!" Not going happen here though... go Lady Bulldogs!!!