PDA

View Full Version : Any Vintage Guitar owners out there?

Farmersfan
11-11-2013, 11:07 AM
I have a 1938 D'Angelico Excel guitar that was given to me about 15 years ago for sale. I just had it appraised by Gruhn Guitars in Nashville Tenn at 10K-12K in it's current "Fair" condition. If you are a collector Gruhn Guitars quoted about 3500.00 to completely refurbish/restore this guitar. They sold a 1937 that was fully restored (professionally) for 21K a few years ago. The problem is finding a collector or buyer. Anyone want to talking about this guitar send me a private message...... Or public comments are welcome.

lynyrdskynyrd
11-12-2013, 11:47 AM
I have a 1938 D'Angelico Excel guitar that was given to me about 15 years ago for sale. I just had it appraised by Gruhn Guitars in Nashville Tenn at 10K-12K in it's current "Fair" condition. If you are a collector Gruhn Guitars quoted about 3500.00 to completely refurbish/restore this guitar. They sold a 1937 that was fully restored (professionally) for 21K a few years ago. The problem is finding a collector or buyer. Anyone want to talking about this guitar send me a private message...... Or public comments are welcome.

I wouldn't restore it. A lot of collectors want them in their current state. Look up some guitar forums and start advertising. There is one called TDPI I believe that is a good site.

Cam
11-12-2013, 12:27 PM
I wouldn't restore it. A lot of collectors want them in their current state. Look up some guitar forums and start advertising. There is one called TDPI I believe that is a good site.

:eek:....Ronnie Van Zant....is that you???.....ya think your ghostly soul can pay me a visit and sign my original copy of "Street Survivors" with the original front cover with the fire everywhere??...If I recall, that album cover got pulled off the shelves after the crash so only so many got out......I would much appreciate it!!.....

Roughneck93
11-12-2013, 01:08 PM
:eek:....Ronnie Van Zant....is that you???.....ya think your ghostly soul can pay me a visit and sign my original copy of "Street Survivors" with the original front cover with the fire everywhere??...If I recall, that album cover got pulled off the shelves after the crash so only so many got out......I would much appreciate it!!.....

:fnypost:

lynyrdskynyrd
11-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Sure thing. Me, Elvis, and Buddy Holly will stop by sometime!

Farmersfan
11-12-2013, 03:36 PM

Thanks for the information. I have had several people tell me the same about the refurbishing. But I've also had some say unless there is some specific reason for keeping it natural (such as it was owned by a famous person) then refurbishing it would raise the value.... I don't know if someone famous played it but there is an inscription on the inside that says "Happy Birthday Elvis". Whatever that means!!!!! :cheerl:

D'Highlander
11-12-2013, 03:45 PM
but there is an inscription on the inside that says "Happy Birthday Elvis". Whatever that means!!!!! :cheerl:

lol... right... :rolleyes:

Cam
11-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Sure thing. Me, Elvis, and Buddy Holly will stop by sometime!

...oh no please!....not Elvis!......you and Buddy OK..but not Elvis!.....I don't trust that ghost!!!.....:tisk:

Cam
11-12-2013, 04:01 PM

You're avatar pic is nice!!....Where did you take that?....Wasn't it you who was going on some cool fishin' trip??.....

Farmersfan
11-12-2013, 04:15 PM
You're avatar pic is nice!!....Where did you take that?....Wasn't it you who was going on some cool fishin' trip??.....

I took that at Halley's Camp Ontario Canada in August. The Walleye fishing was tremendous....

http://www.halleyscamps.com/

Farmersfan
11-12-2013, 04:20 PM
I took that at Halley's Camp Ontario Canada in August. The Walleye fishing was tremendous....

http://www.halleyscamps.com/

Forgot to mention. Follow this link and click on Kettle Falls lodge and watch the video. The shore lunches are the best lunches I have ever eaten. Unforgettable vacation and it cost me ZERO to go.....

Farmersfan
11-12-2013, 04:30 PM

Farmersfan
11-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Another pic

Scoop27
11-12-2013, 05:14 PM
I have a Alamo Jet lap steel which I inherited from my cousins

Cam
11-12-2013, 05:26 PM
I have a Alamo Jet lap steel which I inherited from my cousins

So??....I have a $99 acoustic signed by Esteban!!....:spitlol:....In actuality, that darn thing sounds pretty good believe it or not.....I've got bout 7 guitars but my favorite is the one I had built back in the 80's by an old luthier name Acosta down in Monterrey, Mexico. Beautiful sounding nylon string classical guitar......I can tear up "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" on that thing like you wouldn't believe!!!....:doh:
Man! An Alamo Jet....those are so cool lookin'!!.....

Scoop27
11-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Alamo jet picture698

Farmersfan
11-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Alamo jet picture698

That is so cool looking. Have you had it appraised?