PDA

View Full Version : is there ANY chance of this possibility?

BJ Walters
11-11-2013, 12:19 AM
had a friend suggest Celina lost Friday to avoid Gilmer's half of the bracket...is it a crazy thought or could it be valid to give themselves a better chance at a deep run?

Matthew328
11-11-2013, 12:35 AM
had a friend suggest Celina lost Friday to avoid Gilmer's half of the bracket...is it a crazy thought or could it be valid to give themselves a better chance at a deep run?

Doubtful...Celina has a much tougher first round game they could very well lose...and they were gonna get blasted by Argyle regardless

BJ Walters
11-11-2013, 12:39 AM
Doubtful...Celina has a much tougher first round game they could very well lose

That was my response

Turin
11-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Celina's bracket was not in their hands anyway. If Aubrey would have won or lost by less then Argyle would have gone D1 and Celina would still get the Gilmer bracket with a loss.

caleb_mccaig
11-11-2013, 10:07 AM
I remember in 2008 LaVega and China Spring weren't in the same district after realignment and players I personally knew on their team told me and other CS players that they were going to purposely lose to Lorena so they would be the division 1 team and would have a shot to play us in State. They played JV players and backups. The reason for this was the year before CS beat LaVega in the 4th round at Floyd Casey and I remember a lot of people were not too happy about the outcome in Waco. So I don't think Celina would do that, but it has been done before.

Tom Foolery
11-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Celina had no part in determining the outcome of their game on Friday. To say that they lost on purpose implies they had a chance to win which they absolutely did not.