PDA

View Full Version : Div. 2 watch out!!!!!!

toddg
11-10-2013, 01:57 PM
The Fairfield Eagles look to be a real BadA%$ team!! just sayin!!

BJ Walters
11-10-2013, 02:00 PM
They remind me of 2011 Alvarado...those Indians gave up 6 total points in district, these Eagles gave up 7

toddg
11-10-2013, 02:06 PM
They remind me of 2011 Alvarado...those Indians gave up 6 total points in district, these Eagles gave up 7

i agree! they look like a "step on the neck" kind of team for sure!!

Smitty
11-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Well since Dibol has played them already once this season they can reverse the score.......naw!

SHSBulldog00
11-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Noted :crazy1:

toddg
11-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Well since Dibol has played them already once this season they can reverse the score.......naw!

isnt Dibol a Lufkin farm team?

YTBulldogs
11-10-2013, 06:01 PM

Daingerfield 1983 type great good? Or, just good good? They sound impressive.

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Daingerfield 1983 type great good? Or, just good good? They sound impressive.

Not that good.

But, I've been saying it since the Eagles knocked off then #2 Navasota, Fairfield is GOOD!

YTBulldogs
11-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Not that good.

But, I've been saying it since the Eagles knocked off then #2 Navasota, Fairfield is GOOD!

Looking at 3A-D2 bracket, that's not the division to be in. Wow!!!:eek:

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2013, 06:17 PM

Not exactly...

Fairfield
Coldspring
La Marque
Lorena
Rockdale
Connally
Sweeny

I honestly don't see any team giving Fairfield a test in region III. The only team that can possibly slow down Fairfileld is Coldspring. BUT, Coldspring doesn't have enough offense to keep up with the Eagles.

YTBulldogs
11-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Not exactly...

Fairfield
Coldspring
La Marque
Lorena
Rockdale
Connally
Sweeny

I honestly don't see any team giving Fairfield a test in region III. The only team that can possibly slow down Fairfileld is Coldspring. BUT, Coldspring doesn't have enough offense to keep up with the Eagles.

I should of said R4. Sorry.

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2013, 06:23 PM

no problem

SHSBulldog00
11-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Not exactly...

Fairfield
Coldspring
La Marque
Lorena
Rockdale
Connally
Sweeny

You should put Houston Worthing ahead of Sweeny.

Everyone else is. :flaming:

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2013, 06:38 PM
You should put Houston Worthing ahead of Sweeny.

Everyone else is. :flaming:

I'll believe it when I see it from those HISD schools.

OldBison75
11-11-2013, 12:44 AM

I agree with Hemotoxic. I was at the Fairfield vs Navasota game and saw a Eagle team that was very strong where it counts. They play a very physical type game upfront on both sides of the ball and can pound the line with several good running backs. They can pass when they need to, which has not been too often so far. On defense they are fast and are very good tacklers. They have a pretty good front line and quick and agile linebackers. The secondary is probably the weaqkest link on the defense, but, they are opportunistic and will always be around the ball.

Fairfield is very sound on the fundamentals and will not beat themselves. I expect them to win the Regional Championship with ease and most likely win the semi-final game to play in the Championship. This could be Fairfield's year to win it all. I can assure you that this is the best Fairfield team I have ever seen. I watched alot of pretty good teams in the playoffs last year and it is my opinion that this Eagle team would have challenges anyone in Division 2 last year except Navasota.

regaleagle
11-11-2013, 01:03 AM
You've just got to look at what Fairfield has done this season and count them as one of the favorites in D2 to make it to State Final. There are some good teams out there that could knock them off....just like any of the other "favorites" in their respective region. And then there's the semifinal matchup. Then there's depth to consider with injuries that could happen to key players on the team. So you have to be lucky to keep your best players healthy and playing every game first of all. Then past that, you must be on top of your game all the way through to get to the final. And finally, you hope you don't run into a buzzsaw of a game against one of the other contenders, or lose on a questionable call in a close one at the end of one of the matchups. Best be puttin' the whack attack on every opponent as quickly as possible and put them away before something unforeseen and unexpected happens. Easier said than done....but I do agree that Fairfield's chances to get to the title game in D2 look as good as anybody's....if not better.

Rocket Man
11-11-2013, 01:36 AM

This is Region III if that is what you mean.

rico
11-11-2013, 07:30 AM
Can we see some film on this great team?

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Can we see some film on this great team?

:iagree:

YTBulldogs
11-11-2013, 12:34 PM
This is Region III if that is what you mean.

No, I meant to say R4 has some horses in D2.

buckeyebob
11-11-2013, 02:36 PM
You've just got to look at what Fairfield has done this season and count them as one of the favorites in D2 to make it to State Final. There are some good teams out there that could knock them off....just like any of the other "favorites" in their respective region. And then there's the semifinal matchup. Then there's depth to consider with injuries that could happen to key players on the team. So you have to be lucky to keep your best players healthy and playing every game first of all. Then past that, you must be on top of your game all the way through to get to the final. And finally, you hope you don't run into a buzzsaw of a game against one of the other contenders, or lose on a questionable call in a close one at the end of one of the matchups. Best be puttin' the whack attack on every opponent as quickly as possible and put them away before something unforeseen and unexpected happens. Easier said than done....but I do agree that Fairfield's chances to get to the title game in D2 look as good as anybody's....if not better.

We won't have to be concerned...quarter final before we might see 'em...I don't see them getting that far...
http://clicksmilies.com/s1106/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-007.gif

hollywood
11-11-2013, 03:21 PM
We won't have to be concerned...quarter final before we might see 'em...I don't see them getting that far...

Fairfield? It would be the State Championship before you would see them. They are Reg III.

coach
11-11-2013, 03:54 PM
All this talk about Fairfield is making me moist. I hope I get to see my Eagles in Jerry's world.

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2013, 05:00 PM
All this talk about Fairfield is making me moist. I hope I get to see my Eagles in Jerry's world.

Coach, the potential is definitely there.

adoptedbuckeye
11-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Fairfield? It would be the State Championship before you would see them. They are Reg III.

I hope we get the opportunity to play them.

lynyrdskynyrd
11-11-2013, 11:56 PM
I hope so too! Would be a great game.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-12-2013, 12:05 AM
I hope we get the opportunity to play them.

I hope Port Isabel gets to play Fairfield. I've seen some film of them (from last season, mind you). Looks like it would be a fun game for sure.

buckeyebob
11-12-2013, 06:35 AM

Your right...my bad...I looked at the bracket with the Slanted East Texas Speed Glasses...at least we will have Argyle out of the way by then

coach
11-12-2013, 08:34 AM
Your right...my bad...I looked at the bracket with the Slanted East Texas Speed Glasses...at least we will have Argyle out of the way by then

I think Coldspring will give Fairfield fits.

coach
11-12-2013, 09:09 AM

Dont yall have to be worried about Argyle in the 3rd round?

lynyrdskynyrd
11-12-2013, 11:44 AM
I think Coldspring will give Fairfield fits.

Not doubting how good Coldspring is, but you also said that about Navasota. For a Fairfield boy you're sure not on the bandwagon.

HEMOTOXIC
11-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Not doubting how good Coldspring is, but you also said that about Navasota. For a Fairfield boy you're sure not on the bandwagon.

As far as Navasota goes, you can't beat anyone with 6 turnovers, nonetheless, Fairfield.

As far as Coldspring goes, defensively, Coldspring always brings it. However, I just don't see the Trojans having the offense to keep up with Fairfield. It will take a great defensive team that is really effiecient offensively..

coach
11-12-2013, 01:06 PM

Reverse psycology bro!

lynyrdskynyrd
11-12-2013, 02:47 PM
Reverse psycology bro!

Lol. Gotcha. I got a "D" in psychology. I figured it stood for "done".

eagles_victory
11-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Coach has never believed in us. Even in HS he would always downplay how good we were in sports. (Which wasn't always hard to do lol)

buckeyebob
11-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Dont yall have to be worried about Argyle in the 3rd round?

Nope...we have their number